Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

If Dolph Lundgren continuously appears in the rest of the flashbacks, I'd be kind of bummed if they didn't take the chance to mention Red Star. I'm mean, the potential for story connection is right there (Red Star deciding whether to honor his father Kovar vs helping people his father has hurt compared Oliver ultimately deciding to do both at the end of the flashbacks by going back to the island to be "saved" and become a vigilante), but I get wanting to focus on just Dolph Lundgren instead.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, way2interested said:

Don't worry, I bet it'll pick up once the first clip gets released 1 hour before the episode.

Watch them do some interviews that make us not want to watch. 

Such as... Oliver going all in w/ Susan.

ETA: Knock on wood.

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Wow. This board is radio silent...

Probably because everyone is in DMs. ;)  Not a good sign when the show is coming back from a long hiatus and all anyone wants to talk about are sketchy BTS rumors instead of the actual show.

On the plus side, we're just two days away from Felicity maybe hopefully punching Black Siren!

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Trisha said:

Probably because everyone is in DMs. ;)  Not a good sign when the show is coming back from a long hiatus and all anyone wants to talk about are sketchy BTS rumors instead of the actual show.

On the plus side, we're just two days away from Felicity maybe hopefully punching Black Siren!

Sketchy BTS rumors? What have I missed....?

2 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Thank you :-)

• Love 2
Just now, Chaser said:

Sketchy BTS rumors? What have I missed....?

You honestly don't want to know. The BTS stuff seemed super fake anyways and came from Enty Lawyer who we know puts out fake blinds from time to time too.

And you're welcome :)

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

I ventured over to my arrow fandom Twitter today. At this point I'll take a Olivers all in with Susan tease piece haha. Anything at this point to cleanse my time line even a little.

1 minute ago, wonderwall said:

Yeah, don't they have interviews that were supposed to come out? Flash's came out today, so I guess Arrow's will come out tomorrow? And Flash's actually kind of talked about 3b, so hopefully the new ones will talk about the other characters for 5b as well? *Fingers crossed loosely*

1 minute ago, LeighAn said:

I ventured over to my arrow fandom Twitter today. At this point I'll take a Olivers all in with Susan tease piece haha. Anything at this point to cleanse my time line even a little.

oh dm me your twitter account! I'd love to follow

3 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

oh dm me your twitter account! I'd love to follow

Haha I can if you want but warning you I don't really tweet much I just follow other accounts and like and retweet occasionally. I'm pretty boring on social media like that. 

Shameful secret I only got a Facebook account last year. Other shameful secret I'm 26 so I can't even blame my age haha. 

I wish we'd get an interview explaining what Oliver is thinking this season. For now, I'm just going to hope we get something about Thea, Lance and Rory. And hopefully something about Prometheus and what's coming up there. 

9 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

You honestly don't want to know. The BTS stuff seemed super fake anyways and came from Enty Lawyer who we know puts out fake blinds from time to time too.

And you're welcome :)

I thought I saw something mentioned on Twitter about a blind item, but only that there was one? I figured it was just because news has been slow about Arrow. 

Is this the thing you guys hinted at? Whatever it's supposed to be about, it doesn't make a bit of sense. I don't even get in which case something would happen to the co-star, if the wife got pregnant or if she didn't. Or is that supposed to be unrelated to the possible pregnancy?

It's Enty being Enty. He makes weird jumps in logic all the time. Since he loves the [many] clicks he gets whenever he suggests Steve and EBR are secretly ~lovahs~, he just goes with that being true [lol], and he's implying that if EBR is the scorned woman here, then her job is in danger.

The problem is you have to believe the secret lovers part for it to make sense. LOL.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 3

It is stupid which is why I'd take an Oliver Susan spoiler if it means no more hysteria.

@bijoux Essentially To believe that blind you have to believe that Emily and Stephen are having an affair, he's unhappy and wants to divorce his wife for her but also wants to have another baby with the wife he hates AND that the producers would fire Emily because of that and they choose to ignore the value Felicity brings to the show paving the way for the great Tina/Oliver love story of the ages.

It is also what Kellyanne Conway calls "alternative facts".

• Love 7

I've been blissfully unaware of the hysteria so I'm fine here. I just see no cause for it. Even if I do accept the premise of secret lovers, it still includes plenty of leaps of logic IMO.

Are people freaking out about it?

Wouldn't it be more logical to freak out that DC will order a hit on Felicity to pave the way for the love story of the ages?

I've taken to following EBR on instagram and that's cured me of ever believing any "lovah" rumours!

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

The problem is you have to believe the secret lovers part for it to make sense. LOL.

Exactly. Entry is notoriously unreliable and anytime he does an Arrow blind it ends up being one of his most popular items of the week, so they are increasingly feeling like clickbait. But I'm seeing lots of hysteria about how this explains EBR's lack of BTS social media this year and the sidelining of her character. But if you believe this blind, you have to believe all of Enty's other blinds, which had them as a secret couple up until a few weeks ago. So the timing doesn't make sense. I'm not saying something weird isn't going on BTS with the writing of Felicity this year; I just don't think it's because of this. 

• Love 3

EW.com published spoilery Natalie Abrams articles on Flash and LoT yesterday (just posted on page 249 of Mind Your Surroundings thread).  So there'll probably be an Arrow article posted there sometime today.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Trisha said:

But if you believe this blind, you have to believe all of Enty's other blinds, which had them as a secret couple up until a few weeks ago. So the timing doesn't make sense. I'm not saying something weird isn't going on BTS with the writing of Felicity this year; I just don't think it's because of this. 

It wouldn't surprise me if Steve is part of the BTS dudebro-ing of the show. Like. I would believe it if it he went to the producers and asked for less Felicity and O/F because he's butthurt Felicity is the show's most popular character, and Oliver/Felicity is the most popular thing about the show. But to tie that to a ~secret relationship~ is just too much for me.

FYI, I have no moral qualms about people who 'ship actors. It's been part of the fabric of fandom forever, and it will never change. I just don't have it in me to 'ship Steve with ANY woman, because ewwww.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, dtissagirl said:

FYI, I have no moral qualms about people who 'ship actors. It's been part of the fabric of fandom forever, and it will never change. I just don't have it in me to 'ship Steve with ANY woman, because ewwww.

The most shocking thing to me about that blind wasn't the content itself but all the comments underneath it. Whether people believed it or not or were trash or anti-trash, pretty much every single comment trashed SA and praised EBR. I figured his popularity had dipped a bit but was surprised by the vehemence from all sides. Arrow needs to do a better job promoting this show (because for the past few seasons he's been doing the bulk of it, and it feels like his posts don't carry the weight they once did). And if the comments on that blind are a representation of the audience,  people love Felicity and worry about EBR.

• Love 2

I hope that The CW and Arrow EPs are not so stupid as to drop EBR from the show.  They must understand the popularity of Emily and her character. If, for some crazy reason, they bought into some (biased) sites' claims that she's now the most hated character in the Arrowverse (for which there's no proof), those Dec. 2016 Hollywood Reporter polls for "Hollywood's 50 Favorite Female Characters of All Time" would surely have set them straight. I mean, Felicity Smoak was voted #15 by industry professionals and #1 by fans. Moreover, in the industry poll, Felicity was the only CW star (if you exclude The WB's Buffy and Charmed) and - for those who dismiss her as just another tech geek girl - Felicity was the only tech geek girl character on that list.

That said, if, for whatever reason, Arrow is headed down a path that I won't enjoy watching, then I'd almost prefer it if EBR was cast as the star of another TV show so that I could drop Arrow.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

I struggle to believe Stephen and Emily are having a sordid affair. I do think it's possible Stephen may have gotten his nose out of joint over being the less popular lead to his female costar but I'm doubtful if that would mean the writers would side line Felicity/Emily as a result and don't believe that they would actually write her out of the show because Stephen is jealous. I don't think he's has as much power as he boasts. 

If I had to speculate I think the bad ass fight scenes kills at whim Green Arrow is the producers gesture to Stephen. 

Also Im fairly sure the person that tracks character times on Twitter said that Felicitys screen time is still second after Oliver and not to far off her screen time at the same point last season. 

I think people who were already convinced of Tina/Oliver endgame no more Olicity on Twitter were just taking Entys blind item (on a site where he has a disclaimer that some things are made up) as confirmation bias that Felicitys being written out for  Tina.

• Love 6

If you were taking these blinds as truth, there is still a logic fail. The first one mentioning discord was a couple weeks ago. That fight apparently happened after they returned to holiday filming. That's super recent, too recent to have any affect on storylines. 

I also have a hard time believing a show that has already been through one legal fight would write out the actress after an affair with the Lead. Seems like it would be a asking for trouble.

• Love 4

The funny thing is that it's only enty who creates these blinds, I have yet to see any other gossip site or whatever else talk about this affair. I also think that he gets most of his info from perhaps stalking twitter accounts of olicity fans who perhaps think Stephen and Emily are a thing. 

Also it's not a lack of BTS with Emily it's a lack of Emily period, I think she has chosen to just keep a low profile this year and post only pics of her vacations that don't include her face. I don't even think she provided a lot of BTS content last year either, I do recall her just being more active and posting a lot of pics of Katie C. which irked some folks cause that was the only BTS content they were getting. But we know now that it was a push for KC since she was dying.

I also don't think Emily and Stephen are having some fight, wasn't just couple of months ago they did a long video promoting her movie and to my knowledge he has never done that for any other co-star, so this notion of him being somewhat jealous of her popularity and asking the EP's to sideline her sounds ludicrous to me. Stephen promotes Felicity/Olicity more than the network and quite more than Emily does. 

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, Chaser said:

If you were taking these blinds as truth, there is still a logic fail. The first one mentioning discord was a couple weeks ago. That fight apparently happened after they returned to holiday filming. That's super recent, too recent to have any affect on storylines. 

That's where I'm at too. The broad strokes outline of this season was decided before the premiere aired. I'm still 50/50 on whether they are working towards an Olicity rebuild or pivoting to Tina, but Enty's shady blinds can't be used as evidence for either direction. Now if he started writing blinds about DC interference BTS, things might actually make more sense...

• Love 3

I don't dismiss all his blinds as pure fiction. He has been right in the past, enough to get a profile in Vanity at least. Assuming they are/were having an affair tho, the timing of the last two just seem off. This one in particular seems particularly baity - SA and his wife trying for another kid, mentioning EBRs job is at risk. Looks designed for hits. 

• Love 1

I didn't before but I'm really starting to entertain the idea that Prometheus is E2 Oliver. IDK why. I don't really have any evidence aside from he knows about E2 Laurel and their outfits are similar (and even that's a stretch). Haha. But who better to make Oliver question his legacy than a darker version of himself? 

On second thoughts, maybe that's too involved for these writers. LOL.

Edited by Angel12d

Hey guys! I've just now caught up with the Spoilers Only thread - I'm like 40 pages behind with the specs, though, LOL.

So, Arrow returns tomorrow and there is nothing out there? I'm shocked.

P.S. I love that E2 Laurel wears E1 Laurel's same rings, haha. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, looptab said:

P.S. I love that E2 Laurel wears E1 Laurel's same rings, haha. 

Clearly somehow Laurel's rings ended up with her gear at the hospital when Evelyn stole it. Prometheus probably made sure Black Siren had them - "Here, Black Siren, you must wear these rings." "Why?" "No one knows." 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Chaser said:

I don't dismiss all his blinds as pure fiction. He has been right in the past, enough to get a profile in Vanity at least. Assuming they are/were having an affair tho, the timing of the last two just seem off. This one in particular seems particularly baity - SA and his wife trying for another kid, mentioning EBRs job is at risk. Looks designed for hits. 

I actually thought the most interesting part was commenter Penelope who acts like she's "in the know" who said Stemily was created to deceive the shippers.  Why would shippers need to be deceived to sell Olicity?  

4 hours ago, dtissagirl said:

It's Enty being Enty. He makes weird jumps in logic all the time. Since he loves the [many] clicks he gets whenever he suggests Steve and EBR are secretly ~lovahs~, he just goes with that being true [lol], and he's implying that if EBR is the scorned woman here, then her job is in danger.

Just so you know, in my head, you sounded exactly like Lilly Kane when I read this ;)

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

I actually thought the most interesting part was commenter Penelope who acts like she's "in the know" who said Stemily was created to deceive the shippers.  Why would shippers need to be deceived to sell Olicity?  

Pretty sure it's because before Enty started courting people who 'ship SA and EBR, the consensus at the comment section was that SA was gay.

5 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

Pretty sure it's because before Enty started courting people who 'ship SA and EBR, the consensus at the comment section was that SA was gay.

So are you telling me that Padamell is not a thing...well, that will be a relief to J2 shippers. LOL

• Love 1

Well, that blind was ... interesting. I'm still on the Olicity as endgame train, and that there will be no pivot toward Tina, but having not seen anything with the character it's difficult to be absolutely sure. The only way I can see Arrow trying to do another love interest shift, and this speculation is totally bonkers I know, is if they're trying to hedge their bets with regards to Emily staying on after Season 7 (that's when her and SA's contracts end, correct?). Maybe they feel pretty sure about SA extending but not her? She doesn't seem to be willing to keep doing the TV series grind. 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Seriously....crickets....

If this forum is any indication, than ratings aren't going to be pretty come Wednesday.

EBR just posted a cute workout video challenging SA (and then a cute tweet apologizing for it) and it's the most I've seen people talk about anything Arrow-related on my TL in weeks. There's barely any chatter about the show's return. I seriously think it was a mistake to spoil the Black Siren thing in the promo -- even though we assumed it was not LL, it still deflated any discussion about how she'd return.  Whenever the showrunner interviews end up dropping (probably later today) they better include a few juicy tidbits to get people excited. Because right now, there's nothing.

Edited by Trisha
Black Siren, not Canary
  • Love 3