Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Lol.  Ok you guys convinced me. :) I apologize for being skeptical (and also, apparently, for being blind - lol).

17 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

She's also sporting a British accent which..?????

Wait what what what? o_O Really?

Edited by Starfish35
Just now, Starfish35 said:

Wait what what what? o_O Really?

Like almost all of her instagram videos have her using a british accent for no reason it's so weird. Is she trying out for a part or is she slowly losing it? IDK It's just so strange

• Love 1

Meh. KC can do whatever she wants with her body. I'm just surprised the costume crew didn't care enough to 

1.  Tell her to take the nose ring off
  2. Change her outfit so it's different than her hologram outfit

They really just have no fucks to give about her now huh... Yikes. 

• Love 10
1 minute ago, wonderwall said:

Meh. KC can do whatever she wants with her body. I'm just surprised the costume crew didn't care enough to 

1.  Tell her to take the nose ring off
  2. Change her outfit so it's different than her hologram outfit

They really just have no fucks to give about her now huh... Yikes. 

That's because it's all to set up Tina's introduction - make the audience think BS has escaped for the final scene, only to reveal, nope, someone else has the metahuman canary cry. They probably figured they'd give KC some of what she wanted since they're about to give someone else BC. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

She is wearing a nose ring lately so I think it's that.

Really? What is one more ring?

Doesn't the costume department have a say in her outfit? 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, wonderwall said:

She's also sporting a British accent which..?????

????

???????????????????????????????

????

I mention this because it's so confusing as to why she does this I was hoping someone could explain her thought process

Because she just finds it fun? My friends love to speak with a British accent every now and then. Not to mention she doesnt do it full time, mostly just when she snaps her cat.

I noticed the nose ring and I am guessing no one noticed or they just used a rehearsal cut or something. Of course how they wouldnt notice baffles me. Guess we'll see if it makes it into the episode.

Edited by Primal Slayer
  • Love 1

Same reason they didn't care enough to include the CGI on that sonic scream, they just don't care when it comes to LL and continuity.

The British thing is odd to me and I think I saw her do it with the new boyfriend as well. Maybe she's chanelling her inner Madonna. 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, thenj said:

Really? What is one more ring?

Doesn't the costume department have a say in her outfit? 

I imagine so but they are also sloppy. I remember when last year there was a shot in the episode where you could see EBR's sneakers and before and after that moment in the same scene she was wearing heels.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, dtissagirl said:

Did she always have a nose ring? Cos if it was recent, it can take a couple of months to be safe for removal, so if she had it done close to the shoot she probably  SHOULDN'T take it off.

She's had it about 3-4 months. Though it seemed to be more permanent while she was filming Grace since it is part of the character. 

RE: her accent. When I was inmy 20's and bar hopping my friend and I would pretend to be Swedish or Irish and guys would just buy us drinks just because accents. LOL

Maybe she's being method for an upcoming role.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

Did she always have a nose ring? Cos if it was recent, it can take a couple of months to be safe for removal, so if she had it done close to the shoot she probably  SHOULDN'T take it off.

she had it for her movie Grace, right before filming 5x08 she took it off. I think filming for the movie ended when she started filming 5x10 so she just decided to keep it on permanently.

Honestly? I don't mind the nose ring (probably because we know it's not Laurel and I just can't bring myself to care about much this season). Fine, "Laurel" got a nose ring. (Maybe they'll pretend she always had it, which reminds me of Friends when Chandler got glasses and everyone was like, "You didn't have them before?") But if she doesn't have it for all her scenes in 510, that'll annoy me. At least give me continuity within the episode. 

• Love 1

So, we're getting a mostly flashback episode later in the season. MG says they're still writing it, so I'm guessing 18-19?

Surprisingly late in the year, normally by that time they're actually trying to build up to the finale.

This pretty much sounds like complete filler. 

1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

So, we're getting a mostly flashback episode later in the season. MG says they're still writing it, so I'm guessing 18-19?

Surprisingly late in the year, normally by that time they're actually trying to build up to the finale.

This pretty much sounds like complete filler. 

Millionaire/Billionaire - Malcolm Merlyn ? :-)

Wonder if Oliver offs Kovar in this episode or the next and then makes his way back to the Lian Yu for a couple of episodes.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Millionaire/Billionaire - Malcolm Merlyn ? :-)

Wonder if Oliver offs Kovar in this episode or the next and then makes his way back to the Lian Yu for a couple of episodes.

I thought about Merlyn but, then I wondered if they would use him since it sounds like a a swipe at Trump

7 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I thought about Merlyn but, then I wondered if they would use him since it sounds like a a swipe at Trump

Definitely sounds like a swipe at Trump.  I thought maybe Malcolm because of the Undertaking.  He was going to wipe out the glades and buy up the land.  Damien Darhk is another possibility.  You have a good point though.  They might not want to use an established character.

• Love 1

I suppose we need some kind of reason for Oliver to stage his rescue to get off the island and go back home, but they'd have to be really careful about using Merlyn since it took Oliver and Co. nearly a year to figure out what the Undertaking was, and he wasn't suspicious of Merlyn right off the bat when he returned.  

LOL @ me acting like this show cares about continuity. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

I suppose we need some kind of reason for Oliver to stage his rescue to get off the island and go back home, but they'd have to be really careful about using Merlyn since it took Oliver and Co. nearly a year to figure out what the Undertaking was, and he wasn't suspicious of Merlyn right off the bat when he returned.  

LOL @ me acting like this show cares about continuity. 

I guess I wasn't thinking Oliver would actually see/hear him. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, lemotomato said:

I don't write fic, but given how bitter the fandom has been, I don't know why I would want to. Doesn't make for the most encouraging environment.

Yeah, I think you're on to something.  I have a hard time reading and writing fix it fics when the show is so very much not giving anything to jump off from.  Except for the early episodes, there haven't been scenes that provide inspiration.  Maybe for the episode where Oliver found out about Billy but frankly it depressed me too much to want to write anything.

If they put even one encouraging scene between them on screen, I think we'd get a surge both ways.  

Or if it ever became crystal clear Olicity is never happening again, then I'd be able to do my own happy ending,  but right now everything is in a holding pattern.  Stuff needs to happen before I even want them back.

8 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I guess it's not really a tattoo, more of a brand.

If the mark on Susan's wrist isn't a makeup mistake, maybe we're seeing what is supposed to be a removed tatoo?

• Love 1

MG and many of the writing team hate Trump (Ben Sokolowski on twitter esp) but they won't want to alienate too many of the audience so I expect some Trump jabs but not too obvious ones.  Remember Justin Claybourne tellling Oliver that if he wants to make Starling City great again, he has to do it through cut throat (i.e. cheating) business practices?

Interesting they're going to do an episode around Dolph Lundgren.  IIRC he supposed to be on for only one episode and then they increased it to three.  Now it looks like most of this episode will revolve around him even if it is just filler.  I take it as a positive sign that the EPs can still respond to what works on the show and what doesn't (as opposed to having their head in the sand about BMD).

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

If the mark on Susan's wrist isn't a makeup mistake, maybe we're seeing what is supposed to be a removed tatoo?

Good point. I honestly assume it wasn't a mistake because they clearly highlighted it in the episode. However, I will laugh if it turns out to be a makeup fail. Since I (and several others I'm sure) spent hours trying to find the hidden meaning in the 'brand'

Just looking @statsgirl's post.  Justin Claybourne could be a definite possibility.  He wouldn't have been familiar to Oliver if he did see or hear him.  He would also tie into the story if he is Prometheus's father.  If Talia turns out to be his mother that's another connection.  He owns a pharmaceutical company so that probably qualifies him as a billionaire.  Why am I trying to make sense of this?

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Just looking @statsgirl's post.  Justin Claybourne could be a definite possibility.  He wouldn't have been familiar to Oliver if he did see or hear him.  He would also tie into the story if he is Prometheus's father.  If Talia turns out to be his mother that's another connection.  He owns a pharmaceutical company so that probably qualifies him as a billionaire.  Why am I trying to make sense of this?

It's been a long hiatus.  And on top of that, I swear I've been waiting for the "real" Arrow to come back since around 4-15.  Such a long, long, wait.  (And no end in sight)

Who am I kidding?  I've been waiting since 4-7

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 7
22 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Yeah, I suppose it could just be a random meeting that Oliver isn't involved in and never finds out about for whatever reason. 

Or he's drugged right after to forget. Or the writers just forget about that fact because they're happy they're writing something for JB/Merlyn that isn't just rinse/repeat with Thea and Malcolm. Hopefully not since that was a major plot point and can't be brushed off with an "oops" like leaving Roy in a puddle. 

12 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

This could make sense. So it probably won't happen. Maybe we should start looking at everyone who was rich we met/heard about in S1? MG talks about scheduling, so it could be a matter of getting someone back to make the story work? 

6 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

It's been a long hiatus.  And on top of that, I swear I've been waiting for the "real" Arrow to come back since around 4-15.  Such a long, long, wait.  (And no end in sight)

Same. I really miss Arrow

• Love 2

Moved a whoooooole bunch of posts to the Bitterness thread. Please use that thread to discuss your discontent with past plotlines. This thread is for spoiler speculation only, let's keep it on topic, please.

• Love 5

It really does look like it's made of chocolate.  Chocolate milk for all the children in the Glades!

Once again, the promo people give the plot away, which is that "Laurel" is tied to Prometheus.

No, Wild Dong, this isn't getting good.. They're really pushing him, aren't they?  I can't figure out if that means he's going to be dead or he's sticking around for next season.   IMO he doesn't add anything to the Team other than something that irritates me.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

How does Prometheus/BS know about time travel? 

Because Prometheus knows everything. I'm half-convinced that he got Oliver's brain this season.

Honestly? I'm hoping that we get a full explanation as to how Prometheus knows everything he does over the course of the rest of the season, including the time travel bit. Unless it is Black Siren who knows about time travel from Earth-2/listening to everyone at STAR Labs somehow and told him? 

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Lol at the BC statue being destroyed (the new trailer just posted in the Spoilers thread).

I really think this episode is the cap/end of WWLD/St. Laurel. All that crap was intended to lead into Tina/NuBC, and now the mentions, etc., will be rare. I also personally doubt that KC will return to Arrow at all after this.

2 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Because Prometheus knows everything. I'm half-convinced that he got Oliver's brain this season.

Honestly? I'm hoping that we get a full explanation as to how Prometheus knows everything he does over the course of the rest of the season, including the time travel bit. Unless it is Black Siren who knows about time travel from Earth-2/listening to everyone at STAR Labs somehow and told him? 

I figure it's like horror movies in which the bad guy/monster always knows exactly where every good guy is/what they're doing for no stated reason whatsoever. Like the evil truckers who know exactly which room in exactly which of 20 crappy road motels the good guys end up.

• Love 13
18 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

I really think this episode is the cap/end of WWLD/St. Laurel. All that crap was intended to lead into Tina/NuBC, and now the mentions, etc., will be rare. I also personally doubt that KC will return to Arrow at all after this.

*crosses fingers*

• Love 10
49 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Lol at the BC statue being destroyed (the new trailer just posted in the Spoilers thread).

I'm surprised they showed that in the trailer. But I think it's just another sign that this is true:

19 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

However, I wouldn't be surprised if KC returns at some point. Likely not in S5, but you never know about S6. 

But please, let this be the end of LL mentions. We'll probably get a few as the team turns Tina into BC, but once Tina is officially BC? I can see them trying to pretend Laurel never existed. Sort of like they only remember Sara was the Canary in S2 when they need to. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

However, I wouldn't be surprised if KC returns at some point. Likely not in S5, but you never know about S6. 

This is my thought process: They wanted LL to lead into NuBC and/or likeness rights for the statue (also NuBC-related), and in return KC wanted and got a couple episodes of Arrow and a couple on the other shows. I really, really doubt they'd be willing to take that deal into the following season, as she didn't have THAT much leverage over them. They wanted her for a couple reasons but they didn't absolutely need her. So anything is possible, but if they let it go into S6 they are very poor negotiators.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, AyChihuahua said:

This is my thought process: They wanted LL to lead into NuBC and/or likeness rights for the statue (also NuBC-related), and in return KC wanted and got a couple episodes of Arrow and a couple on the other shows. I really, really doubt they'd be willing to take that deal into the following season, as she didn't have THAT much leverage over them. They wanted her for a couple reasons but they didn't absolutely need her. So anything is possible, but if they let it go into S6 they are very poor negotiators.

I think it all depends on the plan for the flashbacks in S6. They might negotiate to have her in 1 episode in Arrow S6. And we still have no idea what the plan is for her on LoT.

(Didn't AK or someone also say something about bringing her back for 200 if they get that far? I don't think they should, but if that's actually true and they really want her to be back for 200? You never know what they'll negotiate.) 

34 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

That explains soooooo much.

Maybe Prometheus is independently wealthy so he can spend 4 years studying everything about Oliver and plotting his revenge.

I know this episode is going to be all about the feels for Oliver with Laurel returning but I have the feeling I'm going to be doing more laughing then emoting.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I think it all depends on the plan for the flashbacks in S6. They might negotiate to have her in 1 episode in Arrow S6. And we still have no idea what the plan is for her on LoT.

(Didn't AK or someone also say something about bringing her back for 200 if they get that far? I don't think they should, but if that's actually true and they really want her to be back for 200? You never know what they'll negotiate.) 

I'm only talking about Arrow, though. That's where she was a huge failure in both her assigned roles (LL/BC). She was mostly okay on Flash (no real stunts, which holy shit she's terrible at, and no attempts to portray warm-heartedness, which holy shit she's terrible at).

And okay, maybe like the 200th episode, depending on how she looks by then. But I think she's basically gone after 510.

• Love 5
Just now, AyChihuahua said:

I'm only talking about Arrow, though. That's where she was a huge failure in both her assigned roles (LL/BC). She was mostly okay on Flash (no real stunts, which holy shit she's terrible at, and no attempts to portray warm-heartedness, which holy shit she's terrible at).

Yeah, but any plans for her on LoT (or The Flash, though I have no idea what else they're going to do with Black Siren on there unless they're planning a big redemption arc) might be taken into consideration when it comes to contract negotiation and therefore any future in any Arrow episodes.

Whatever plans they have for KC in LOT they will most likely be concluded this season. 

They not gonna have Sara mourn her sister for that long. And i definitely don't think she is joining the team. 

Edited by Velocity23
  • Love 2