Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

(edited)

No shit. All it took was five seconds to cure my apathy and get me fully invested in this show again. Damn them.

Yeah. What they do really really well is not letting us go.

"Everything I did, everything that happened, has led me right here, to this moment."  Oliver to Felicity in an LoA room full of candles.  Did the LoA get the memo that truly romantic scenes have to have the danger of fire from all the candles?

Given MG track record, maybe Felicity is Oliver's gift for accepting the new position. Ra's is a romantic at heart who believes Oliver will fight better with his love at his side so he asks Felicity to stay with Oliver in Nanda.

I can more easily think that Ra's would refuse to let Oliver get married because it will take his mind off the task.  Maybe Maseo tells him that, and he marries Felicity while they can. He doesn't want to because he doesn't want to tie her down, but she insists.

I do have to say, though...it is quite cruel of them to have Felicity wearing glasses during the love scene.  Like, Oliver takes her glasses off and then she's not going to be able to see a damn thing INCLUDING HIS GORGEOUS BODY.  This does not seem fair.

I'm near-sighted, and when I want to see something close up really really well, I take off my glasses.  Even in contacts, she should be able to see him that well.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2

It really doesn't matter if he marries one of those LOA chicks. It's not like Oliver's going to try to make it work after this storyline is over. The whole "I married another woman bc of REASONS" only works to keep the main couple apart when the married people want to try to make it work (See, e.g., Alias and Friends and a dozen other shows). He'll obviously drop her like a hot potato once he's out of the LOA.

I so can't decide about this Felicity/she caught the bouquet/marriage spoiler stuff.  On the one hand, the over emphasis on Felicity catching the bouquet does seem to suggest a marriage is in her future. And I am pleasantly surprised to learn that it just can't be Ray (I thought 318 started them down the road to a break up so I expect it to come at the end of 319 I guess) because surely this show wouldn't have Felicity have sex with Oliver until she was definitely - beyond question - broken up with Ray (the season one Laurel/Tommy thing was bad enough).  And I am almost certain that they would not have her break up with Ray, have sex with Oliver, and then go back to Ray because Oliver joined the LoA (that just would NOT make sense with the spin-off coming and it would be a HORRIBLE thing to do to her character).  But Felicity and Oliver getting married?  Which episode is suppose to make fans go WTF? Because that would be a WTF moment for me. 

I liked the idea of Roy and Thea while he served in prison because well, that might mean he lives.  But now we have Oliver firmly stating he is going to break Roy out of prison, Roy clearly being attacked in prison, and we know Oliver is trying to see someone in the ICU soon.  So we know at least Roy and Felicity are in danger in upcoming episodes.  I just don't like what all of this seems to mean for Roy.  I can take him doing the noble sacrifice thing and staying in prison.  I could even handle him following Oliver to NP and serving with him in the LoA.  And I can take them breaking him out, giving him a new identity, and sending him to another city.  But I can't handle them killing him - no, just no. 

Plus I so want to believe that Oliver would join the LoA to protect Roy, but if Ras killed him (Roy) - I would expect Oliver to kill Ras and destroy the entire league.  So yea, I have a hard time with this plot if Roy dies. Of course, it could be criminals attacking Roy because they think he is the Arrow and has nothing to do with Ras.  Alright, clearly I'm just going to have to stress about Roy for the next month (or until we at least get reports that Colton is filming again!).

• Love 1

OMG, OMG, OMFG. Looks at calender. DAMN IT! I'm going to Europe on the 15th so I'm going to miss eps 19 - 22. {{{sigh}}} Guess I'll have to make do with YouTube till I get back.

Hee, the second thing I'm thinking (after HOLY CRAP) is that I hope it's not just the once (in a row), bc you know after a year of lusting after her it ain't gonna be a real long experience.

If that happens there is the restorative power of the hot tub to take advantage of.  Maybe we've discovered the true reason why Oliver accepts Ra's offer. 

She could be nearsighted. I wear glasses and I can see up close and personal action crystal clear without them.

No one under the age of forty is going to be wearing glassed fulltime unless they are nearsighted. They are not bifocals.  Once the glasses come off, (and how hot damn sexy was that!!)  she'll still be able to see and appreciate all the good stuff.  So much good stuff. 

• Love 6
(edited)

"I still think that Oliver's going to try to take down/disband the league from within next season."

I think next year is going to be HIVE/Bratva, but I mostly just hope you're wrong. Completely respectfully. Because I CANNOT with this stupid Ra's/LOA storyline anymore, and the longer it goes the less I can stand the very thought of it.

"And I am almost certain that they would not have her break up with Ray, have sex with Oliver, and then go back to Ray because Oliver joined the LoA (that just would NOT make sense with the spin-off coming and it would be a HORRIBLE thing to do to her character)."

She's not going to go back to Ray. She'll break up with him next episode, and once they're done they're done. She'll be single for awhile, and, assuming this crap storyline doesn't bleed over to next year, something external will keep them separate, likely something to do with her father.

"'Hee, the second thing I'm thinking (after HOLY CRAP) is that I hope it's not just the once (in a row), bc you know after a year of lusting after her it ain't gonna be a real long experience.'

If that happens there is the restorative power of the hot tub to take advantage of. Maybe we've discovered the true reason why Oliver accepts Ra's offer."

Hee, I cannot be the only person who was thinking that! It's been a year! This guy found women on a deserted island, for goodness' sake! Plus, he totally loves her (I haven't doubted that all season, although I have absolutely doubted whether she loves him). So it's overwhelming lust and true love. If not for Ra's they probably wouldn't leave that room for two weeks.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 8

I don't know where I stand on the thought of a quickie marriage between O/F. I mean I can understand its plot purpose. But it just seems a little too cliche? That being said, it doesn't stop the writers from them still having some issues regarding it in s4 and it also wouldn't stop us from having a legit wedding scene in later seasons. So yeah, Im on the fence about a wedding. But Im so glad whatever got OQ to that point in that room included them finally consummating their relationship. It was well overdue even if it feels rushed at the same time. Apparently sex with Felicity is magical, helps clear the mind and solves problems, so who knows the effect it will have on OQ's ability to do his job and fulfill his masterplan r/t LoA.

But whatever path they choose for s4 r/t Oliver & Felicity. I hope they keep them together as couple. The writers have proven they are horrible at writing romances for them separate of each other. Ray was a dud. KC & SA have absolutely no romantic chemistry. I get comics dictate that GA/BC have a romance, but it just does not translate on screen. In 3 seasons, I have maybe seen 1 episode where I thought they have romantic potential beyond trying to make it happen because that's how the story goes. All of s1 OQ relationships were just filler. Also, SA/EBR chemistry is just too strong to deny or overlook. Unlike other shows, they actually seem to work together better when they are together. The whole will they/won't they killed this season. And frankly, I don't want to see precious time on Arrow wasted on the melodramatic angst they did this season. Keep them together and have them fight for justice together. Leave the romantic angst for people and characters more equipped to have these type of squabbles.

• Love 1

"I still think that Oliver's going to try to take down/disband the league from within next season."

I think next year is going to be HIVE/Bratva, but I mostly just hope you're wrong. Completely respectfully. Because I CANNOT with this stupid Ra's/LOA storyline anymore, and the longer it goes the less I can stand the very thought of it.

"And I am almost certain that they would not have her break up with Ray, have sex with Oliver, and then go back to Ray because Oliver joined the LoA (that just would NOT make sense with the spin-off coming and it would be a HORRIBLE thing to do to her character)."

She's not going to go back to Ray. She'll break up with him next episode, and once they're done they're done. She'll be single for awhile, and, assuming this crap storyline doesn't bleed over to next year, something external will keep them separate, likely something to do with her father.

I actually hope you're right too. I don't want to deal with Ra's next season. Hope he dies soon. 

Also she's definitely not going back to Palmer even if Oliver gets married to another woman. Felicity knows her feelings for Oliver totally eclipse her feelings for Ray. She ain't going back to him ever. 

• Love 2

I am SO with you.  The lack of Oliver Queen this season has been a real negative to me.  I really liked having Oliver out in the real world, interacting with people who didn't know his secret, and the humor that could come from that.  His lame excuses for things were at least good for a laugh - especially for someone who lies so well.

I am hoping that somehow, someway, they resolve this LoA storyline this season, create enough question about Capt. Lance outing OQ as the Arrow that they can put the genie back in the bottle again, and move on with Oliver having a dual life next season.  I want him to get him company back and I'm kind of ready to see him in Russia in the flashbacks. 

And I want to know why Diggle's brother was killed, why Felicity's dad would be arrested, and when/if Oliver is going to find out about his kid.  There are just way more interesting stories to tell than this Ras/LoA stuff.  If it goes on another season - I might have to quit and I don't want to quit.

Sidenote: I wonder if blowing up the Foundry is part of what covers up Oliver being the Arrow.  I mean, at this point, all they really have is Quentin's insistence that Oliver is the Arrow - no real evidence.  The Foundry is where the evidence is and if it blows up - that would be that.  Everything else is kind of just Quentin's word and he can't really say why he knows what he knows because he would be in trouble himself. 

Do we know what episode the Foundry blows up?  And is Quentin seen after that?  I'm still expecting him to die this season.

• Love 2

Hahahahaha. Oh, those clips.

I'm really liking Ray as an overly chipper and utterly confident team member, from both this and the Flash promo. If they get him the heck away from sappy Felicity stuff, they add in the nanotech shrinking stuff, and I petend last week never happened, maybe I could get behind a spin off after all.

Well done on pulling off some Olicity steam! I was questioning their ability, but if the clip's any indication, i may have been wrong. My first thought was hallucination or some other LOA trickery, but I could also see it being a pre-goodbye/separation thing like they do all the time. We saw that even this week with Thea and Roy.

I'd been wondering about the bouquet and the quickie marriage, too. Because if we're talking anvils, that's a pretty huge one. And that bouquet got not just one but two scenes with Felicity and Oliver. But I didn't want to voice it because I didn't want to jinx it. I'd rather have Oliver/Felicity married and then have them be separated during the hiatus than Oliver married to another woman. One of the things this season clearly showed is that the show suffers without the consistent Oliver/Felicity interaction. I hope "Arrow" doesn't make the same mistake next season.

• Love 5

"I picked the wrong day to be busy because HOLY HELL I'VE JUST WATCHED THE PROMO AND I AM DEAD. GOODBYE WORLD.

Now THAT'S a love scene. JFC."

Does Amell actually generate some heat in this love scene? The pics and gifs look great, but I haven't found him at all sexy in love scenes (although I think he's turning into an excellent actor overall). So, hot?

When i saw these Olicity gifs on tumblr I thought "Damn, that's a crafty manip!"

But it's not a manip. And I can't control my excitement.

(This will probably end really badly...)

But it's so great!

Also, the way Ray is so giddy about a team-up and high-fiving Oliver (the grumpy cat Oliver) - may be the first time I actually appreciate Ray's comedy timing. It's a miracle.

Does Amell actually generate some heat in this love scene? The pics and gifs look great, but I haven't found him at all sexy in love scenes (although I think he's turning into an excellent actor overall). So, hot?

Um yes. Oh yes. From the few seconds we saw, it looks HOT. Seriously. 

• Love 3

"I picked the wrong day to be busy because HOLY HELL I'VE JUST WATCHED THE PROMO AND I AM DEAD. GOODBYE WORLD.

Now THAT'S a love scene. JFC."

Well, we still have to see the full scene but from those few edited seconds? DAMN SMOAKIN'!

• Love 2

I wonder if they saw the ratings then hit the trigger to upload this promo. The promo has seemed better and more put together than some of the episodes lately.

• Love 3
Also, the way Ray is so giddy about a team-up and high-fiving Oliver (the grumpy cat Oliver) - may be the first time I actually appreciate Ray's comedy timing. It's a miracle.

Sometimes the writers just nail it -- Ray giddy in that scene, Roy snarky or really sincere, Laurel as a good lawyer and of course Diggle's dry humor and the Oliver/Felicity non-angst scenes.

It just makes it all the more frustrating when they spend most of the season on what they don't get right (Hero Ray, Laurel BC, the stupidity of the Malcolm and Ra's plotlines).

• Love 7

Well that was something to wake up to!!

For the 1st time, in a long, long time, spoilers & promo material for the Arrow is making me excited and not rolling my eyes which the predictability of the stupid plots. And it's not just the all the Olicty nekkid time goodness. Although knowing that it is out there will get me through the Flash 1.18 and Arrow 3.19 (if Ray/Felicity is still a thing).

I love when Thea gets feisty so I'm looking forward to her confrontation with Ra's but it definitely seems to be pointing towards Ra's using the LP to bargain with Oliver about joining the LOA.

Colton is seriously upping his acting game, the prison scene with Oliver and the other one with Lance is giving me all sorts of Roy-motions, I might not be OK with it, if they kill him off.

The Oliver/Ray Palmer scene actually looks enjoyable, Grumpy cat Oliver with the High-5 that is a much better fit for Ray Palmer than, sticking him in Dyla's wedding and sucking up Felicity's air-time. Love the implications that Laurel and Ray are left behind in Starling City while Team Arrow goes to Nanda Parbat. The only thing concerning me, and it took a while to realise, because there was an Olicity sex scene, but where is Diggle?!?!? I can't see him in the promo at all.

Looks like Oliver will get branded on his back with an Arrow head, poor baby will assume that occurs post Fuckening because #GirlonTop.

Also, I don't want Oliver or Felicity married to anyone else but each other. 

• Love 5

Now the important question is...

...which Imagine Dragons song they're going to use for that scene?...

(sarcasm mode off)

I know you're kidding, and it's not exactly a sexy mood setter, but I've always thought that "I Bet my Life" was a good Olicity song.

• Love 2

Okay. I've calmed down a little. Phew.

As for the rest of that promo, I'm really worried about Roy. I hope he doesn't die. He grew on me so much this season, particularly how he cared for Thea, and his sacrifice for Oliver was so poignant. 

Also it looks like Laurel and Ray get left behind to look after the city. Interesting. Oh, and Ray managed to make me crack a smile for the first time ever. It's a miracle!

• Love 6

No one under the age of forty is going to be wearing glassed fulltime unless they are nearsighted. They are not bifocals.  Once the glasses come off, (and how hot damn sexy was that!!)  she'll still be able to see and appreciate all the good stuff.  So much good stuff. 

She still gets to touch. Who cares if she can't see anything? :P

Because they like to give with one hand and take away with another, I'm going with Oliver marrying that random LOA lady. Felicity and Oliver getting married doesn't up the angst because, while it may be a problem, it's a problem they would need to work on together. Oliver (and/or Felicity) with someone else maximizes keeping them apart for next season because I can't have nice things. 

On the bonus side, including the sexytimes clip made Ray 242% more tolerable. 

• Love 1

Him being married to an LOA assassin can't keep them apart next season. That would be seriously crazy stupid. It's not a real marriage, it's only bc of Ra's. Annul that sucker (if it's even valid enough to need an annulment, which I doubt...the LOA isn't a nation, it can't grant marriage licenses other countries recognize). I know Guggie's crazy and stupid, but seriously, making it so that Oliver won't date Felicity because he feels some responsibility to be faithful/stay married to the assassin Ra's al Gul made him marry after forcing him (with MURDER) to become his Heir?

• Love 1

KC & SA have absolutely no romantic chemistry. I get comics dictate that GA/BC have a romance

I feel just fine with the Oliver Queen/Laurel Lance romantic relationship having satisfied that requirement. 

I'd been wondering about the bouquet and the quickie marriage, too. Because if we're talking anvils, that's a pretty huge one. And that bouquet got not just one but two scenes with Felicity and Oliver

I'm not convinced that it's Felicity and Oliver getting married.  I honestly haven't taken Ray off the table for unknown reasons.  I really think Felicity will break up with him but it wouldn't shock me if they came up with some crazy reason why she had to marry him - it would be crap writing and we'd punch holes in the "have to" part of it in seconds I'm sure but I don't dare let my guard down yet.

In moments of more optimism, Felicity and Oliver could get married so she had control of his assets in the hope that Oliver could still somewhere down the line get out of this LoA thing ( except what assets?)  Maybe the wedding is supposed to be all business, but turns into something bigger?  Which would beg the question of if/when Oliver returns, would they go for an annulment cause suddenly it's a huge meaningful thing (that happened for the wrong reasons)

Or perhaps this thing with the LoA IS going to drag through next season but the twist will be that Oliver Queen is allowed to return to live in Starling while the Arrow is not. 

What if after the foundry blows up we get a scene of someone picking through the pieces and picks up the damaged (and old at this point) bouquet?  If it was Oliver I would squee like mad but I also could see this as a chance for the symbolism of the bouquet to be passed to someone unexpected.  Thea still makes sense with Roy in jail but I also remember who is running this show and go to the worst possible scenario and therefore don't dare take Ray and Felicity or Oliver and Laurel off the table.  

Which makes me sick to think of but I just heard yesterday (in honor of April Fools) that the feelings that come with a surprise (whether good or bad) are amplified 4x greater than you would normally feel them so by no means will I allow for myself to be surprised if this marriage thing goes HORRIBLY off the rails. 

• Love 1

Well, I mean, we could always go the "we hate each other and were forced to marry, but I'm starting to have real feelings for you" route (no, please no).  Can this Oliver/Felicity love scene really be episode 3.20 since it's not May?  Wouldn't they save that for sweeps month (or at least that's what I've been reading all season long...no Olicity hookup until sweeps).    

Well, I mean, we could always go the "we hate each other and were forced to marry, but I'm starting to have real feelings for you" route (no, please no).

If his happened at least I would then Hate Oliver and could drop this show.  On top of that, if they went there - even if they went there with just a physical hook up- they first would have to again drive a wedge between Oliver and Felicity and I don't know if I can handle that two seasons in a row.

• Love 3

..which Imagine Dragons song they're going to use for that scene?...

Ha! Still I stand with Ray Plashonsky, Imagine Dragons are actually really really great, so I'll take it.

He's in love with Felicity. He's not going to start having feelings for the assassin Ra's forced him to "marry." Plus, this stupid Ra's storyline is, I think, going to be over at the end of the season. So why would he stay "married" to her long enough to develop feelings? Nah, it's just a gambit to get to the rushed (I'm fine with it, but it is rushed) Olicity sex scene, with extra angst swirled on top bc they think it's the last time they'll ever be together.

• Love 1
(edited)

Well, I mean, we could always go the "we hate each other and were forced to marry, but I'm starting to have real feelings for you" route (no, please no).  Can this Oliver/Felicity love scene really be episode 3.20 since it's not May?  Wouldn't they save that for sweeps month (or at least that's what I've been reading all season long...no Olicity hookup until sweeps).    

It is kind of interesting.  The May sweeps period is April 23-May20.  3.20 airs April 22 so only Arrow's final 3 episodes fall in that period. It also makes me wonder if this is why they bumped Flash back a week earlier - so it would have 4 shows in sweeps.  

Edited by Sunshine

May sweeps actually start in late April

Marriage. They give you marriage in sweeps. lol

Looked at the promo again. I still won't rule out random LoA gal that Oliver has to marry but it isn't going to be the woman in the promo. You just know that if they were going to go there they would find him a "bride" that fits the CW standard - so much younger and hotter. 

• Love 4

I'm pretty this is ep 3x21 in Nanda Parbat so yes, it would be May sweeps.

Could it be Sara they're lowering?  MG said we would find out about her in May.

In moments of more optimism, Felicity and Oliver could get married so she had control of his assets in the hope that Oliver could still somewhere down the line get out of this LoA thing ( except what assets?)  Maybe the wedding is supposed to be all business, but turns into something bigger?  Which would beg the question of if/when Oliver returns, would they go for an annulment cause suddenly it's a huge meaningful thing (that happened for the wrong reasons)

I think at this point it would already be huge and meaningful, but I really like the logic of them getting married so she had control of his assets.  If he still has any, that is.

• Love 1

Is that Malcolm with Oliver? That would support Thea being LP.

But Oliver seems really calm with Felicity, not how I would imagine someone who just lost their sister.

But Oliver seems really calm with Felicity, not how I would imagine someone who just lost their sister.

Oliver is calm because compartmentalising is his superpower.

• Love 3

There is that shot of femaile eye opening in the promo at 00:55 mark, and just after that Ra's is saying that "death and rebirth are both violent acts".

The eye reminds me of Sara a bit.

On the other hand, when Ra's says Oliver is going to beg him to Thea, I expect the worst.

• Love 2

Oliver is calm because compartmentalising is his superpower

.Plus if he knew they were going to get her back...

• Love 1

At about 55 seconds into the promo there is a woman walking with a red-tipped cane?  walking stick?  Not a comics person, so is there a blind character it might be? 

I noticed this too, but I'm not a comic book person so can't answer. I do, however think that is a part of the Flashbacks. 

• Love 1
(edited)

If we're taking internet bets, I'll place one in the sex scene being in 321.

319: Felicity and Palmer break up

Remember. 320: on a jet with Felicity scene Stephen loved so much

321: Sexytimes in Nanda Parbat

Edited by dancingnancy

At about 55 seconds into the promo there is a woman walking with a red-tipped cane?  walking stick?  Not a comics person, so is there a blind character it might be? 

I think it's actually a sword with blood on it and it looks like a flashback so I think the woman walking with it is Katana.

• Love 4

If we're taking interenet bets, I'll place one in the sex scene being in 321.

319: Felicity and Palmer break up

Remember. 320: on a jet with Felicity scene Stephen loved so much

321: Sexytimes in Nanda Parbat

Wasn't MG saying 3.21 wasn't great for Olicity shippers?

He is a big fat Troll though so I will believe there are Sexytimes in 3.21. No way they would keep this outside of Sweeps.

Oliver is Calling himself "Al Saheim, Wori Al Ghul" or "Ollie Al Ghul"