Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Haha, I remember when he launched his F*ck Cancer campaign and he mentioned that the sponsors suggested that he sell the shirts for $21, but he was going to lower it to $18 because he likes multiples of three. I was like...oh, you beautiful, generous, beautiful numerically challenged man, haha. 

I admit math is not my strong side (i managed an A+ in my matriculation math final because i had a badass teacher!) but... isn't 18 a multiply of 3? 6 x 3=18 so doesn't that mean he's right?

Edited by foreverevolving

I watched his Facebook Q&A with this in mind, and he had a few other number-related mistakes, probably for the same speaking-on-the-fly reason. Such as: his daughter is 1/3 American, 1/3 Texan. (Pretty sure he meant that she is 1/2 Canadian, and then 1/4 American & 1/4 Texan via Cass.) Anyway, he is so adorable. I've mentioned this before, but he's one of the only celebs I follow on social media because he generally pays attention to grammar, and even corrects his mistakes after the fact sometimes. So I just assume he's more of a language guy than a math guy. I can relate.

Also, on that Q&A, in case others didn't watch it: Stephen says his favorite scene in the crossover happens on The Flash episode and reiterates that Ep 9 is the best they've ever done in his opinion. OK! Big stunts ahoy, basically, right?

Edited by Carrie Ann
  • Love 4

In his recent Q and A video while talking about how they plan out the episodes and what information he gets when he said something about "the first 9 episodes are grouped together and then the next 11" and then had to stop and think about how, no, 9+11 does not equal 23. 

Edited by HighHopes
  • Love 5

In his recent Q and A video while talking about how they plan out the episodes and what information he gets when he said something about "the first 9 episodes are grouped together and then the next 11" and then had to stop and think about how, no, 9+11 does not equal 23. 

Well, I'm not sure how wrong he was there, given that it seems there are 20 Arrow episodes this season, and a 3-episode BC miniseries in the middle. :)

Edited by Carrie Ann
  • Love 11

Lisin, is there a spoilers thread at The Flash forum for the spoilers for the TV show?  I know there is a comics spoiler thread but where do we talk about spoilers for the TV show?  

I'm excited for the crossover, but I think no one is as excited as MG and AK are.  I am so, so glad they are crossing over the whole teams and not just the characters of Arrow and Flash.  Bring on the humor!

"Ollie" is also a common nickname for Oliver. I don't think its a matter of knowing who he was before the island. I just think he was throwing snark. Its like calling a Richard "Dick" when you are mad at him. 

Yes, it's a diminutive intended to cut the other down when used towards an adult, especially someone who is older or has greater stature, like calling someone Jimmy when he's known as James.  Barry was cutting down Oliver by calling him Ollie.

I hope by "clarity", SA doesn't mean that Oliver is just going to tell Felicity to go be happy with Ray because "if you love someone set them free". That would NOT be the "greatest Olicity scene ever" for me. 

Ditto.  (And I hate Fritz Perls as a therapist so very much.)  I am expecting very big things from that scene to take me through to mid-February, which means I'll probably end up disappointed.

I think Stephan Amells math-challenged makes him more real  It's the crack that lets the light shine in.

And speaking of the F&ck Cancer shirts, I am so, so happy that they are grey and not pink. I am sick to death of pink Cancer-support stuff.  (Except for my tape measure; no guy is going to 'take' a hot pink tape measure.)

• Love 1

I think Stephan Amells math-challenged makes him more real  It's the crack that lets the light shine in.

Oh, absolutely. I wasn't making fun of him for it at all, I think it's endearing!

And to keep this on topic, I'm really excited about Slade's return too. 

Are you guys sure he wasn't just unconsciously excluding the 'Canary Trilogy' from his count of episodes? First nine, back eleven, missing three out in the middle because he doesn't want to even think about them?

Ok, so he's not, but it's funny that his mathematical failure matches how many fans must be feeling about the prospect of three non-Arrow episodes in the middle of Arrow.

• Love 2

Are you guys sure he wasn't just unconsciously excluding the 'Canary Trilogy' from his count of episodes? First nine, back eleven, missing three out in the middle because he doesn't want to even think about them?

He was talking about what he knows of future storylines, and how the EPs pitch the season to him, and he specified this season having 3 distinct blocks: 301-309, 310-313, and 314-323. I'm choosing to believe the 4 episode middle block in there is insulated and can be easily skipped and not a beat will be missed. *nods*

Denial is my BFF.

Edited by dancingnancy
  • Love 6

I just love Manu Bennett. Even though they didn't do the best by his character, he had such a strong onscreen presence that I couldn't help but love him. I'm looking forward to his return, however brief.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 2

Ugh way to get me excited about arrow AGAIN Eps.. Well played. I swear when I think I'm out or almost out they pull me back in with news about slade Wilson returning. DAMN THEM!

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 1

I think Stephen was being funny about Texas being a country. So his daughter was 1/3 Canadian, 1/3 American and 1/3 Texan.

Having grown up in TX and lived there for about 23 years, he's not wrong. Hook 'em!

I'm happy Manu is coming back. Slade's great and he better not be killed off. Can Boomerang stick around so we can have another mini Spartacus reunion?

Lisin, is there a spoilers thread at The Flash forum for the spoilers for the TV show?  I know there is a comics spoiler thread but where do we talk about spoilers for the TV show?  

Doh! Just created one though we're having technical difficulties with the Spoilers prefix, so we'll add that ASAP. Here's the topic though. 

Okay, I doubted it before, but now I do think Oliver is going to tell Felicity that she's better off with Ray/someone other than him. AND IF THAT IS A NINE/THE BEST SCENE EVER IN THESE PEOPLE'S MINDS, I WILL FIRESTORM ALL OVER THIS PLACE

Pretty sure it's going to go down with them saying they love each other before Oliver is pretty much going to 'commit suicide' and he's going to tell her to go after Palmer or for her to be happy or whatever. I can legit see it now.

• Love 2

Pretty sure it's going to go down with them saying they love each other before Oliver is pretty much going to 'commit suicide' and he's going to tell her to go after Palmer or for her to be happy or whatever. I can legit see it now.

Same. I didn't want to believe it, but they're totally setting it up that way. Which is fine, I guess, since Oliver's always such a damn martyr, but if Felicity actually does it while he's gone I'll be miffed. I hope they save that shit for when he comes back from the dead or wherever in the hell he is.

• Love 3

Same. I didn't want to believe it, but they're totally setting it up that way. Which is fine, I guess, since Oliver's always such a damn martyr, but if Felicity actually does it while he's gone I'll be miffed. I hope they save that shit for when he comes back from the dead or wherever in the hell he is.

I mean, they were so perfectly married in this episode. I can't wait to see this happen and I hope the writers don't try to prolong this nonsense they're going trhough for no good reason other than being afraid of the 'moonlighting curse'. I mean, if you're so scared of the curse then write friggin' better and don't be lazy about writing their relationship. Some actually work when they get together so soon. I mean look at Mindy and Danny, Tammy and Eric Taylor, Jim and Pam worked for 4 seasons, Leslie and Ben, Lily and Marshall, pretty much every adult couple on Parenthood... Relationships can work if the writers put work into them and making them dynamic and not at a standstill. Oliver and Felicity can work. It's just the writers job not to make them boring by being complacent about them. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 10

Yes, but $21, the original price, is already divisible by 3 is the point, I think :)

True. I think it's more of a physiological thing, 18 is less than 21 so people may be more persuaded to buy. especially if you're abroad and the exchange rate is insane (the dollar rate in my home country just sky rocketed a bit, but even that little bit is hurting me as i use that account on a regular basis while living here in the US)

, I am so, so happy that they are grey and not pink. I am sick to death of pink Cancer-support stuff.  (Except for my tape measure; no guy is going to 'take' a hot pink tape measure.)

I'll double agree! i'm a woman and i friggin hate all the pink!! it makes me seriously avert away from the breast cancer cause. I just hate pink (the color not the singer!)

@Carrie Ann

I had a small beef with it too a few months ago when Stephen pointed it out on his facebook page. I was: this makes no sense Texas is a USA state, so the kid is 1/2 & 1/2.

Than I've met a couple of texans, pointed this out to them, they were nice enough not to bite my head off and just explained that there's a reason Texas is called the "lone star state" and that no self respecting Texan would ever see himself as only 100% american. I think it has something to do with the war and the south vs. north of something related. I'm not even an American so I think it's odd, but also adorable in a weird way. to each their own i guess- i guess as long as they are not rebelling and live by US laws and constitution so what.

• Love 1

I mean, they were so perfectly married in this episode. 

They were. I felt like they were back to the O&F that I love and enjoy watching together. 

I think it'll go down with Oliver getting ready to give himself up to the League and he'll tell her that he loves her and he wants her to be happy in her life, and she'll tell him that she loves him when she begs him not to do the dumb shit he's about to do, and then he'll go off. Felicity won't get with Ray while he's gone, but when he comes back she'll want to make a go of it because Ray's there and she likes him well enough and she doesn't trust that Oliver won't just up and quit on her like he tends to do. Then hopefully he'll wise up and start fighting, because ugh...I don't want to watch that mess otherwise, haha.

• Love 9

I think it'll go down with Oliver getting ready to give himself up to the League and he'll tell her that he loves her and he wants her to be happy in her life, and she'll tell him that she loves him when she begs him not to do the dumb shit he's about to do, and then he'll go off. Felicity won't get with Ray while he's gone, but when he comes back she'll want to make a go of it because Ray's there and she likes him well enough and she doesn't trust that Oliver won't just up and quit on her like he tends to do. Then hopefully he'll wise up and start fighting, because ugh...I don't want to watch that mess otherwise, haha.

Yep. Ray will be really supportive and nice to Felicity when Oliver leaves but she won't do anything about it until Oliver gets back and she says 'screw it, okay Palmer we can go on a date'. It's the only way I'll accept them dating :p 

• Love 2

They were. I felt like they were back to the O&F that I love and enjoy watching together. 

I haven't seen Flash but if it goes down like that ^ something will go through my TV or computer since I watch on Hulu Plus. 

I'd much rather an honest "I love you, but this isn't what you deserve. I want you to be happy and not waiting for the day I can't come home to you" from Oliver. 

Felicity then better respond with something like "I love you and I want every day I can have with you even if they are limited."

Because for fuck's sake there are wayward buses out there which could hit you at any time. No fucking relationship is guaranteed thirty or more years. You take the fucking time you have and you make it count. There are millions of real life careers which are hazardous yet people still choose love. You have to fucking choose it or you don't deserve it.

Sorry as you can tell I am annoyed. Writers who fear this supposed "moonlighting curse" and who believe true love is only true love if the couple never achieves happiness are hacks. You want to write a compelling and engaging story? You let your characters grow organically and don't throw obstacles at them which are redundant, recycled, and non-creative. 

Ray doesn't need to be Felicity's love interest or "other choice." Ray can be a guy who shows interest in Felicity and brings Oliver and Felicity to their moment of truth. 

This isn't directed at anyone in particular. Just an overall disgust with every couple on TV right now. 

Edited by AnalyzeAndCritique
  • Love 18

I haven't seen Flash but if it goes down like that ^ something will go through my TV or computer since I watch on Hulu Plus. 

I was hoping for an honest, unprompted I love you/discussion, but after something that Oliver said to Barry tonight, I really don't think that's what we're going to get. 

I'll cross my fingers though. Maybe we'll get a better sense of what it is when we see the promo for 1x09.

• Love 2

I was hoping for an honest, unprompted I love you/discussion, but after something that Oliver said to Barry tonight, I really don't think that's what we're going to get. 

I'll cross my fingers though. Maybe we'll get a better sense of what it is when we see the promo for 1x09.

Do you mind telling me what he said? I'm going to have to brace myself. Because while the Flash version of the crossover sounds fun, I am still not sure I want to invest any more time. I am annoyed with all the plots writers use to keep TV couples apart. I need to return to literature because at least I know there is an ending. Even if I don't agree with the direction of a story it has to come to an end. TPTB of TV shows don't have an expiration date therefore they keep adding water to the stew to make it last. 

• Love 1

Do you mind telling me what he said? I'm going to have to brace myself. Because while the Flash version of the crossover sounds fun, I am still not sure I want to invest any more time. I am annoyed with all the plots writers use to keep TV couples apart. I need to return to literature because at least I know there is an ending. Even if I don't agree with the direction of a story it has to come to an end. TPTB of TV shows don't have an expiration date therefore they keep adding water to the stew to make it last. 

Sure. Felicity and Iris were with Oliver and Barry at Jitters. Iris and Felicity were standing by the register talking about something, and Oliver and Barry were a few feet away sitting at a table. Barry's looking at Iris longingly, then Oliver turns around and does the same with Felicity. Then he tells Barry that it's not going to happen, and that he needs to let it go for both of their sakes - guys like them don't get the girl.

• Love 1

Than I've met a couple of texans, pointed this out to them, they were nice enough not to bite my head off and just explained that there's a reason Texas is called the "lone star state" and that no self respecting Texan would ever see himself as only 100% american. I think it has something to do with the war and the south vs. north of something related. I'm not even an American so I think it's odd, but also adorable in a weird way. to each their own i guess- i guess as long as they are not rebelling and live by US laws and constitution so what.

Moved response to Small Talk thread....

Edited by Starfish35

Sure. Felicity and Iris were with Oliver and Barry at Jitters. Iris and Felicity were standing by the register talking about something, and Oliver and Barry were a few feet away sitting at a table. Barry's looking at Iris longingly, then Oliver turns around and does the same with Felicity. Then he tells Barry that it's not going to happen, and that he needs to let it go for both of their sakes - guys like them don't get the girl.

Yeah, that sounds like it hit the floor like a giant anvil.  

Thank you!

Edited by AnalyzeAndCritique

theory: I wonder if maybe the big emotional talk Oliver and Felicity have in the Arrow part is Oliver telling her about the "almost" baby. or even about the kid in general! (oh I would love that)

Are they supposed to have a talk in the Arrow part of the crossover? 

I'm hoping that Barry sets Oliver straight tomorrow night and lets him know that guys like them can have the girl (although that's probably not happening considering the state of Iris and Barry's relationship right now).  So, if Oliver's decided that he can't have the girl, what exactly was he going to tell Felicity when he walked in on her kissing Ray?  Ugh, this is so stupid.  Oliver must be one of these people who isn't happy unless he's miserable.

I was thinking that instead of sending Oliver away for three episodes, they should have had the LoA kidnap Laurel.  That would get her off the screen for a while, and they could have had Nyssa train her while she was with the League.  That probably would have made the transformation to BC slightly more believable.

• Love 3

SA said that we would get an insight into how Oliver feels about Felicity, and then we'd get more of that in the winter finale?  So it looks like Oliver thinks guys like him and Barry don't get the girl and it's looking more and more that the big scene between Oliver and Felicity is him telling her they can never be together because reasons, so she should go and find happiness with Ray Palmer.

Yeah, that's really going to make me want to tune back in in January.

I am so friggin' sick of Oliver and this whole show being so damn depressing. 

I was thinking that instead of sending Oliver away for three episodes, they should have had the LoA kidnap Laurel.  That would get her off the screen for a while, and they could have had Nyssa train her while she was with the League.  That probably would have made the transformation to BC slightly more believable.

Wow, that would have been so much better on a whole number of fronts.

• Love 2

After that Flash crossover and Oliver's comment about how "we don't get the girl", I'm thinking I might have been right before. That "the greatest Olicity scene ever" is Oliver shoving Felicity at Ray because "if you love someone, let them go". I really hope I'm wrong though...

IF it goes this way, hopefully he doesn't mention Ray and just tells her to be happy because a relationship going to happen with him. I'm tired of his long-suffering ass, but I can accept this. I'm wondering what Felicity will have to say if that happens. 

I also wonder if Oliver telling Barry that he feels like he's losing the Oliver Queen side of himself will prompt Barry to drop a truth bomb on him, about how loving people like Iris and Felicity is what helps to keep them connected to themselves. I don't particularly like the "savior" aspect of it, but it is true. They need that normalcy and the human connection. SA did say in an interview posted today that we'd get some clarity on how Oliver was dealing with walking in on Ray and Felicity kissing in the episode tonight - I guess he's dealing with it by resigning himself to it. But maybe (please god maybe) his statement tonight doesn't play into that scene in 3x09 at all. 

I know I'm setting myself up for disappointment - I accept this - but I just really can't bring myself to believe that this big scene is about him trying to push her off with Ray or something. Maybe it starts that way, but maybe Felicity says something that changes his mind? I don't know, I was just really looking forward to 9, and now it's lessening. THAT WAS THE ONE THING I WAS HANGING ON TO.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 8

SA said that we would get an insight into how Oliver feels about Felicity, and then we'd get more of that in the winter finale?  So it looks like Oliver thinks guys like him and Barry don't get the girl and it's looking more and more that the big scene between Oliver and Felicity is him telling her they can never be together because reasons, so she should go and find happiness with Ray Palmer.

Yeah, that's really going to make me want to tune back in in January.

I am so friggin' sick of Oliver and this whole show being so damn depressing. 

Yeah, Oliver telling Felicity to be with Ray and be happy does not meet my definition of 9/10 Best Olicity Scene Evah For Reals. Why do I believe these idiots will kill Olicity, ship Oliver off, throw Laurel to the forefront and truly believe everyone will be all "Yay, can't wait for January!"?

• Love 11

If he does throw Ray at her, I want her to throw Ray back in his face (this is a funny image btw lol). I want a big declaration in the way of "I love you/I just want you/Begging him not to leave" and I want him to tell her again he loves her (like the actual words) and then I want him to leave. Felicity doesn't get involved with Ray because she meant what she said, but the fact that Oliver walked away again means that she is gun shy around Oliver and he has to fight for her. I want him to woo her. I want to see them get back to that flirty flirt we saw in 3x01 before they actually get together.

• Love 7

SA did say in an interview posted today that we'd get some clarity on how Oliver was dealing with walking in on Ray and Felicity kissing in the episode tonight - I guess he's dealing with it by resigning himself to it. But maybe (please god maybe) his statement tonight doesn't play into that scene in 3x09 at all. 

I hope you're right and it's not about Oliver feeling he doesn't get the girl (and she should go to Ray) because that's just going to be the cherry on the top of a very depressing half-season.  But I'm not getting my hopes up because it's looking more and more like that's exactly what's going to happen. 

Why do I believe these idiots will kill Olicity, ship Oliver off, throw Laurel to the forefront and truly believe everyone will be all "Yay, can't wait for January!"?

Because past behaviour is the best predictor of future behaviour?

You know what I really hate?  That this could have been so good, an interesting relationship or at least a really good scene between Oliver and Felicity that made your heart swell and feel glad, and go off into the winter break rooting for those crazy kids to when they see each other again.

Instead, I'm dreading it more than the Laurel episodes because Laurel I can skip but I'll watch ep 3x09 and I'll get my heart broken.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 6

If Oliver telling Felicity to be with Ray and/or letting Felicity go is what the show considers a "9" Olicity scene, I'm going to have to seriously consider not watching anymore. Which will probably be easy, considering what we know about the episodes after the hiatus.

• Love 5

If Oliver telling Felicity to be with Ray and/or letting Felicity go is what the show considers a "9" Olicity scene, I'm going to have to seriously consider not watching anymore. Which will probably be easy, considering what we know about the episodes after the hiatus.

Same. Because come on, guys. I don't trust MG, but I do trust SA. So, if he says it's the best scene between them to date, my instinct is to trust him that it's not going to be shit. He knows what people want/are looking for with regards to the ship. So, if it does start off in a bad way, like with Oliver trying to be all noble, then I have to believe that it ends differently. I really hope the preview for the next ep teases it. Even for two seconds so we can get a glimpse of some body language or something, idk. I know it's going to be heartbreaking, because I know Oliver's going away at the end for whatever reason. I just don't want it to be stupid, rage-inducing, AND heartbreaking. 

• Love 11

I think it will be him telling her "You're off the hook", she objects at first, they break our hearts, then she decides to go for it with Ray because enough is enough, and he goes wherever he goes without her knowing about it. More drama to mine when he returns. I'm expecting the last scene of 312 to be Felicity in her apartment with Ray, knock on the door....."ta-dah! I'm back!" Because cliches.