Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I really appreciated the one second of Felicity. Really. ? I bet that's Oliver's nightmare though.

BS acting as Lawyer Laurel is the funniest thing I've ever seen. 

(edited)

If Star City has a zero tolerance policy against vigilantes, then why isn't ADA "Laurel Lance" AKA Black Canary in prison? Instead, she's the one announcing this policy. WTF?!

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 22
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

I was thinking it was Felicity's.

Oh, could be! Like she has a nightmare that she can't protect William so that's why she steps up?

I'm not Americain so feel free to correct me...but don't DA's need to run for and be elected in office? 

Also ignoring the BS of it all why does Star City have a publicly identified vigilante standing in as spokeswoman for their No Tolerance Vigilante policies? Also why is said publicly identified Vigilante no also serving a jail sentence like Oliver?

All forms of Laurel are the most pointless nonsensical stick out like sore thumb characters

• Love 14
21 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Beth's not going to come out and insult her former bosses, so she was never going to say anything close to that since that's really bad business and a jerk move.

I didn't need her to say Wendy and Marc couldn't writer their way out of a paper bag. A gentle acknowledgement that not everything thy tried was successful would suffice, LOL.

In any case, having now seen the trailer, I'm intrigued and feeling better than I did earlier. (See, it worked!) Felicity protecting William like a mama bear (in the woods, no less) is 100% my jam. Stephen's abs are doing the lord's work, and I'm happy to see Diggle visiting him. I'm appalled that last week I joked that notLaurel would be the DA, and that looks to be exactly the case. Stop the fucking madness. And I 100% still don't care about anything the newbies are doing, but whatevs.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Chaser said:

BS is the DA. Wow. That’s hilarious stupid.

LOL, every time I think the writing on this show couldn't get any more stupid, the writers manage to prove me wrong. They really do deserve a medal for that glorious achievement. 

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, Chaser said:

BS is the DA. Wow. That’s hilarious stupid.

That may be the singular, dumbest thing I've ever seen after 6 years and S7 rumors worth of incredibly dumb things happening on this show. I award Beth no points. 

• Love 14
Just now, calliope1975 said:

That may be the singular, dumbest thing I've ever seen after 6 years and S7 rumors worth of incredibly dumb things happening on this show. I award Beth no points. 

I'm hoping that there's some logical explanation like she's just a city spokesperson and decided she didn't want to practice law anymore or something?

1 minute ago, Chaser said:

They should keep her the DA and whenever someone asks her a question she pulls out her phone and asks Siri.

Or consults the two old law texts Quentin handed to her. "Just a second, please." ::flips pages to the index, looks up every other word in the dictionary::

• Love 3

Even if BS was really Earth 1 LL, I think her being DA right now would be stupid af. She just escaped two years of captivity, her father was just murdered and she has a history of substance abuse so maybe don't give her a really stressful job? I can't even deal with the stupidity of serial murdering, non-lawyer BS being DA...During the voiceover before they showed KC, I kept thinking "I have to be imagining that's KC's voice...they can't be stupid enough to actually make BS the DA." but nope.

• Love 5
(edited)

On the other hand, I can't do anything more than laugh at it precisely because it's the dumbest thing I've ever seen on Arrow. And I thought the statue was dumb. I was such a sweet, summer child. 

ETA: I keep thinking of more dumb things about this. Like, she's going to do a 9 to 5 every day? Quentin died for this? Will she wear leather pants and a duster to work? I'm cackling. 

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 4

The start of that trailer was really strange, I swear they were about to break out into "Cell block tango." ??

I didn't hate the trailer but I could've done with more Felicity and Diggle and 90% less Rene and Dinah. Gotta say that doesn't fill me with hope to see them get such focus. It's like they've learned NOTHING.

2 minutes ago, Soulfire said:

I hope DR feels real bad every time someone asks this question, LOL. 

4 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

ETA: I keep thinking of more dumb things about this. Like, she's going to do a 9 to 5 every day? Quentin died for this? Will she wear leather pants and a duster to work? I'm cackling. 

What if she's not DA, but is somehow the mayor? hahahaha

• Love 12
25 minutes ago, tv echo said:

If Star City has a zero tolerance policy against vigilantes, then why isn't ADA "Laurel Lance" AKA Black Canary in prison? Instead, she's the one announcing this policy. WTF?!

It's hilarious that when it comes to every version of Laurel, they take shortcuts to ensure that she never has to earn anything and they never have to explain anything. The writers don't care at all about giving her a story that makes sense. She's a walking plot device.

• Love 10

This was the only question to get any actual response so it’s possible things have changed since May. Some of the other questions were answered with “you never know” when they clearly won’t happen (Speedy and Talia coming back to name two) so the definitive answer could be legit or could be a misdirected hint. Plus the question was about a baby. Not a pregnancy. And I got confirmation on a pregnancy. 

• Love 2

I hope there's no baby tbh. I think that should be a series finale flash forward deal, but I don't trust these people. Watch Felicity find out she's pregnant towards the end of the season, then Beth isn't technically lying.

• Love 2
(edited)
3 minutes ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

That thought did cross my mind. I just can't decide if it would be better or worse. 

It would be somewhat better to me, because any idiot can be elected mayor. She'd actually have to somehow become a lawyer to be DA. Best case scenario I guess would be her being some bureaucratic nobody. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

What if she's not DA, but is somehow the mayor? hahahaha

One step closer to death, LOL.

I wonder if the reason KC wasn't there today was so no one would have to try to explain her storyline with a straight face.

• Love 5
(edited)

I've always preferred they have a baby near the end of the series or even series finale. I just don't appreciate DR saying it's gonna happen and then everyone taking it back in really dismissive and kinda rude ways. The whole question could've been avoided if DR hadn't told someone at a con. It feels like they're messing with the Olicity fandom and I don't appreciate it.

I can't stop laughing about the BS being DA thing though. shdfkjhsdjfjdf

Edited by Guest
Just now, Angel12d said:

I just don't appreciate DR saying it's gonna happen and then everyone taking it back in really dismissive and kinda rude ways.

That's my thing. Baby, no baby, whatevs. But don't mislead people, and if it was accidental, say plans have changed.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

That's my thing. Baby, no baby, whatevs. But don't mislead people, and if it was accidental, say plans have changed.

I thought it was weird that he told someone that it was on the board for the season and that Beth wanted it but that WB hadn't approved it, AND that it was definitely happening to two different people at the same con (and from what I could tell, he walked it back before he confirmed it that day). 

• Love 1

I don't think David did anything with the intention of messing with fans. David is the only person that truly drops legit spoilers, in order to keep the fans interested, and MG didn't really care. I mean, MG would give some fans spoilers through dms on twitter lol. So I think Beth is trying to change things and keep the cast tight lipped. If anything, it seems like they're protesting it too much, and because there's no real PR person to help them (Chico and her team don't count), they're doing more damage.Now, maybe they decided not to do it since DR let it slip... but if it was in the plans (and I do believe DR), I think a pregnancy will happen. If that's the case then I hope the next season is the last.

• Love 3
(edited)

Yeah, I guessed the asterisks are gender and name too. Natalie has never struck me as a fabulist, so I 100% believe that David told her that. Maybe plans changed. I don't feel that strongly about it either way, but the fervent denials are starting to feel a bit "thou dost protest too much," considering how much the writers and actors usually finesse their answers to plot points they don't want to give away.

This is the true shame of the day. This show giveths and takeths with the same hand.

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Bronze Tiger (who was killed off in the 2.5 comics) is one of the villains in jail with Oliver in the video.  

They’ve already shown that the between season comics - which were supposed to be canon, right? - don’t matter. So I’m not surprised. 

I think that Natalie was the 1st one DR told about the baby and then plans obviously changed or it wasn't approved and he spoiled it before he was supposed to. But she probably still believes it because he's never steered us wrong before. Haha. 

But I really don't think it's happening now. 

3 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

They’ve already shown that the between season comics - which were supposed to be canon, right? - don’t matter. So I’m not surprised. 

If we're disregarding .5 comics, someone better be getting the fully intact Queen mansion back.

• Love 12

BTW, if they're doing an anti-vigilante thing (again), why isn't Laurel being arrested? They publicly outed her as BC back in s4. THIS IS AS DUMB AS HER FAKING BEING A LAWYER. ?

If we're disregarding .5 comics, someone better be getting the fully intact Queen mansion back.

THIS!!! I want that house back and for Olicity to live there.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Angel12d said:

BTW, if they're doing an anti-vigilante thing (again), why isn't Laurel being arrested? They publicly outed her as BC back in s4. THIS IS AS DUMB AS HER FAKING BEING A LAWYER. ?

Three options:

1. She's worked out some kind of plea deal with the government (who...didn't care about her last year, but whatever), and is doing this in exchange for not getting arrested.

2. Dinah (I think) said in the trailer that there hasn't been any vigilante activity, so maybe they don't care that she was a vigilante as long as she's not being one now?

3. It's Arrow

• Love 3

Three options:

1. She's worked out some kind of plea deal with the government (who...didn't care about her last year, but whatever), and is doing this in exchange for not getting arrested.

2. Dinah (I think) said in the trailer that there hasn't been any vigilante activity, so maybe they don't care that she was a vigilante as long as she's not being one now?

3. It's Arrow

I think it's gonna be 3. ?

I'm not loving the prison storyline because it pulls Oliver out of the middle of the story--every season characters thrive or fail based on their proximity to Oliver, and I don't trust them to write good stories for the rest of the characters when they are not directly interacting with Oliver.  I also DO NOT CARE about Dinah and Rene. 

If they do Black Siren pretending to be Laurel Lance, I hope they keep Black Siren pure evil, with her mocking the do gooders. 

I had hope that Beth might do something to hook me back in.  I'm not hooked. 

• Love 4