Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I'd prefer no baby until the final season. I don't want them to have a reason to sideline Felicity and I also don't want them to use a pregnancy for man pain (miscarriage), and I can see the show doing both tbh.

• Love 7

If MG and WM were still the showrunners, I'd be worried too. But Beth and Emily are close enough that they text each other, so I doubt she would use any reason to sideline Felicity, much less a bullshit, sexist reason like a pregnancy. I rarely have faith in these writers, but I do think they're smart enough to know that this is the fans' biggest fear about a Felicity pregnancy and also that it would send a terrible message.

Is it weird to say I feel sure they won't do a miscarriage storyline? IDK why. It's the same as feeling sure they won't ever kill William. I just don't think they'd go there.

On a better show Felicity should be able to have it all (and they could even show her struggle to have/do it all with a newborn) but I don't have much confidence in the writers. If they prove me wrong, great!

Of course the plus side is they have handled William pretty well this season and they've established Raisa is always around so instant babysitter right there! Haha.

2 minutes ago, BunsenBurner said:

I think the sad scene that SA is talking about is an excellent send off, hopefully, of Paul. 

This just made me think - they better give us one more Felicity/Lance scene before killing him off. (And now I just got sad that I won’t be able to make my “give us Felicity/Lance scenes” posts anymore.)

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, BunsenBurner said:

I think the sad scene that SA is talking about is an excellent send off, hopefully, of Paul. 

I don't think so - the question was about his favorite Olicity moments, and he couldn't have misunderstood because the other things he listed were also to do with Olicity.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

After all this excitement it'll feel like we got the rug pulled from us if there's no pregnancy!

Two of the pregnancy spoiler spots have been taken up (they say there is 3). Might not be us in the finale. 

I don't think the May Sweeps Scorecard is always 100% accurate, I think last year the number of Possible Fatalities went up by the number of people on Lian Yu after the finale aired.

Tbh, with SA, DR, and EBR looking really excited for s7, I feel like at least they're probably ok with this plot, so I'm going into it as interested as at least they seem to be. By SDCC, there will probably a new sign if they are still excited or interested in 7a by then as well. 

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Do we know timelines?

Cuz if she's like 6 weeks along in 623 then Oliver would still be there for the end of the pregnancy and she'll give birth and be ready for the crossover. 

Giving birth during Nov Sweeps might be a good guess, but wouldn't she have to be about three months along by now?  So maybe more like a midseason finale birth?

Edited by Starfish35
35 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Giving birth during Nov Sweeps might be a good guess, but wouldn't she have to be about three months along by now?  So maybe more like a midseason finale birth?

I prefer this scenario. I don't want another milestone to happen during the crossover.

709 would be kind of interesting, automatically ups the stakes for whatever is going on at the time, although they'd have to reveal it in 623 or else have to mention in 701 that she found out over the summer. Knowing Arrow, they'd take the more dramatic route and have it revealed in 623 for a May sweeps scene to have it in time for that 708/709 timeline.

(edited)
5 hours ago, Chaser said:

Based on twitter I’m guessing DR confirmed Felicity is pregnant? Or at least will be in S7

Has anyone seen the spoiler? I keep seeing vague references on Twitter that DR spoiled something big but not really what it was. 

ETA: I guess it’s something to do with this. If 711 airs in Jan, that means the timing is right for her to be pregnant now.

Edited by Trisha
  • Love 1

At this point I just don't think Felicity being pregnant could be any worst then a whole bunch of shit and/or nonsensical storylines we've had. And as for Felicity being sidelined, she was a mother to William this season and she still partook in the action, just like Diggle and Lyla are parents to a baby and still partake in the action. It just means Raisa is likely in for a pay rise. 

I mean I can accept and welcome a baby if it gives us more Olicity interaction then we've gotten the last two seasons, a storyline for Felicity and the down pour of tears from all those fans who don't want it (Laurel fans, Reddit fans, WA fans, Comic GA/BC fans). 

• Love 19
(edited)

So if that spoiler is true Oliver has 11 episodes to coddle her and make heart eyes. 

Hmm she'll be heavily pregnant in the crossover though....... that's my only reservation. But they could have the entire Arrowverse reacting to da giant belly. 

Lol hearts are going to break if this is all false. Well mainly mine ?

ETA: If I click on the tweet she mentions something about it being announced at the Arrow panel. So must not be about the pregnancy. They won't announce a pregnancy. 

Edited by Mellowyellow
(edited)
43 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

ETA: If I click on the tweet she mentions something about it being announced at the Arrow panel. So must not be about the pregnancy. They won't announce a pregnancy. 

Yeah I think the tweet @Trisha posted is something David said that's unrelated to what he said about the pregnancy. If you look in the thread it seems that person was hinting that 7x11 is the episode David is going to direct.

But judging from twitters excitement I think David also hinted spoiled a baby to somebody else. 

ETA: This link here shows some of the potential baby reference tweets:

tumblr_inline_p8n4ksXNnJ1shrb8p_500.png

tumblr_inline_p8n4k7eTlO1shrb8p_500.png

Edited by Mary0360
  • Love 1

It's going to be a looooong year watching out for this baby!!!

I am sooooo excited for next week if just to see whether there is anything at all. I would never quit because I love EBR but this rumoured Olicitot has brought back sooooo much excitement for me! 

• Love 3
(edited)
8 hours ago, Trisha said:

ETA: I guess it’s something to do with this. If 711 airs in Jan, that means the timing is right for her to be pregnant now.

I can't see the Olicity baby being born in an episode in January. That's a sweeps moment, IMO. I hope this is about David directing! 

Edited by Guest

She semi confirms that in the replies.

According to one tweet, SA is the one making the announcement at upfronts.

Regarding EBR not meeting the writers, even though she’s been in LA, SA apparently told one fan that she’s been busy working on other things (her portfolio, photoshoots, etc) but he’s been keeping her updated.

Looks like @Mellowyellow is right - the replies to that tweet seem to indicate that she’s referring to DR possibly directing 711, which could be announced at the upfronts.  But other tweets seem to imply someone also got a pregnancy spoiler from him. 

People seem convinced it’s happening, but the timing is up for debate. I like jbuffyangel’s reasoning for why it’s probably revealed next episode.

Aiii I hope there is some truth to this!!!!! It's like dangling cake in front of me and then smashing the plate before my eyes if this is all false. 

*excited and jittery*

I am interested in what portion of the fandom is for and against a potential pregnancy though! Some seem like they've been wanting this forever (Meeeeeeeeeee, well moreso this season) and some seem quite against it.

So if announced in 623, January give birth? What eps would that be? Is that before or after crossover? I am too lazy to think! 

• Love 2
(edited)

its beginning to sound more likely. Hey Iris is also gets pregnant in their finale and we can have a joint birth, more happy fandom fun times. ;) I was against it, but considering they don't seem interested in the company storylines, they might as well go ahead and do it.

I'm slightly concerned about what the big news SA is going to deliver at the upfronts is though, assuming it isn't this (and I'm not sure they'd need him to fly to NYC for that either). 

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

So if announced in 623, January give birth? What eps would that be? Is that before or after crossover? I am too lazy to think! 

If it's 623 it would probably be 709, the midseason finale after the crossover, but if it was in January that would also be way after the crossover.

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Aiii I hope there is some truth to this!!!!! It's like dangling cake in front of me and then smashing the plate before my eyes if this is all false. 

*excited and jittery*

I am interested in what portion of the fandom is for and against a potential pregnancy though! Some seem like they've been wanting this forever (Meeeeeeeeeee, well moreso this season) and some seem quite against it.

If it's a January birth, that'd be 7x10 or 7x11, depending on when Arrow comes back. But I can't see Arrow not saving this for sweeps so I'm inclined to agree with those speculating MSF or crossover birth. I mean, they can always have the birth in the third act, meaning the Arrow episode of the crossover, if they stick with the 2-hour, 2-night format. That's one way for the crossover to matter to me.

Revealing a pregnancy in the S6 finale also adds to the drama of Oliver going away for a long time. Right now, I'm kinda meh on the whole prison thing. Also, this gives fans something to talk about during hiatus.  I'm fine with him missing out on the first few months of the pregnancy as long as we see him react to the reveal and, obviously, he's there for the birth.

I really can't see them saving this for S8 because they don't know if they're gonna get a renewal, unless they are willing to take that chance. Also, I'd rather be on baby watch than death watch.

SA & DR are too funny. From the tweets I saw yesterday, sounds like SA was avoiding spoilers altogether but sent fans to David, who was more than accommodating, LOL! 

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Also, I'd rather be on baby watch than death watch.

This x 100000000000000

I'm counting the months from May now which is why I came to January as a possible birth date depending on when she gets preggers!

They need a flashback of how da baby was conceived =P

Gaaaah I am so excited I want to yell at everybody randomly (happy yelling not angry yelling). Let me have this show!!!!!!!!!

• Love 1

It makes most sense if it’s revealed in the next ep. They’ve been having lots of parenting talks, it would put the birth in a prime spot next season, and it would add extra angst to Oliver going to prison. I’m assuming he’s locked up at least until the premiere, and unless there are conjugal visits in Supermax (assuming that’s where he goes) she wouldn’t get pregnant until October, which would put the birth sometime off-season. 

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Technically you can still run around for the first 5 months of pregnancy so she could sneak around and do some action stuff. Only when the belly gets massive that it's hard.

I have no qualms about Felicity being side-lined because she's pregnant; pregnancy doesn't sideline you, having a baby does. It's hasn't affected Lyla because Lyla has an ARGUS nanny and Lola is a recurring character.

Having William hasn't sidelined Felicity because William is old enough to go to school during the day and be home alone.

I'm worried that having a small baby will sideline Felicity like nothing has before. It's not like she can just hand him over to Oliver if the baby gets fussy because Oliver's in the field. And Raisa doesn't work 24 hoursa day.

In grad school there is a rumor that it's the perfect time to have a baby because you're busy writing at home anyway so you can write while the baby sleeps. Many of those who tried have stalled finishing their degrees.

So I'm happy for everyone who is excited able this spoiler. But personally I view  it with dread.

I also don't think it needs to be realistic! I mean Oliver shoots Arrows to the moon and flies off. They have more Lazarus Pits now! 

They will have a magical sleeping baby or Raisa will be a wizard at raising babies and the Olicitot will appear onscreen and be adorable only when needed.

I'm assuming the Olicitot will only be fussy when they decide to include a scene of Olicity bouncing or rocking a baby for fun. This is TV land and they are vigilantes so I am not expecting a real warts and all on how babies actually behave (real babies are little terrors and only good after they turn 1.5yrs imo).

I waaaaaant a Olicitot!!!!!!!! Gimme!!!!!!!!

• Love 9
49 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I am interested in what portion of the fandom is for and against a potential pregnancy though! Some seem like they've been wanting this forever (Meeeeeeeeeee, well moreso this season) and some seem quite against it

From what I can see on Twitter, even people who were anti-baby (or at least wanted them to wait until the last season) are a bit more optimistic about it because of the way the show has handled Felicity and William this season, and also because Beth is taking over. Reddit is in full freak out mode, which is glorious!

27 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

I’m slightly concerned about what the big news SA is going to deliver at the upfronts is though, assuming it isn't this (and I'm not sure they'd need him to fly to NYC for that either). 

I always assumed they wouldn’t introduce a baby until the end, which makes me wonder if they’re announcing that this will be the final season (although that sort of news usually comes at the same time as the renewal announcement). SA said the CW was worried about him spoiling it so I don’t think it’s about DR directing. I’m guessing it’s either a new series regular (besides CH), a shorter episode count, or something about the crossover.

Upfronts are less about dropping huge news and more about giving advertisers face time with the stars, so I’m not sure it will be an earth-shattering announcement. Didn’t they use the last upfronts to talk about how Supergirl would be fully part of the crossover instead of just a 2 min scene at the end, and how Arrow was getting a new day/timeslot? I’m betting this time around it’s something like that (either crossover plot hints or confirmation that Black Lightning is involved).

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

If the show wanted to sideline Felicity, it'll do it whether she has a baby or not. See: season 5A. 

I’m hoping the writers realize this is a concern and actually put more focus on Felicity outside the home. Kind of like making sure she’s more than a love interest (the company in S4, Helix in S5).

I have some optimism in Beth here. 

• Love 3

Ooh on Lethal Weapon they started the show with a young baby. Trish is a career woman who is always at work while Roger gets almost blown up every week.

The only time we see the tot (Harper) is when they feed her in her high chair or put her to bed in her cot.  Once they used her in a C plot and that was it. 

I'm pretty sure they didn't even bother explaining her childcare regime. 

It can work and be so cute if they want it to.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Trisha said:

From what I can see on Twitter, even people who were anti-baby (or at least wanted them to wait until the last season) are a bit more optimistic about it because of the way the show has handled Felicity and William this season, and also because Beth is taking over. Reddit is in full freak out mode, which is glorious!

I always assumed they wouldn’t introduce a baby until the end, which makes me wonder if they’re announcing that this will be the final season (although that sort of news usually comes at the same time as the renewal announcement). SA said the CW was worried about him spoiling it so I don’t think it’s about DR directing. I’m guessing it’s either a new series regular (besides CH), a shorter episode count, or something about the crossover.

I feel like this season has been one giant Reddit freakout. And unlike us they didn't have Olicity to distract them from the Civil War nonsense. 

I actually assumed Flash would be first, given their 100th next year and they give Iris almost nothing else to do apart from LI. But maybe they really will both be pregnant at the same time, like Barry and Oliver both on trial/in jail in the same season. 

Do we have any sort of update on "mysterious dark haired lady" that was supposedly such a super secret guest star? 

• Love 1

I'm sorry. I realize that I'm being a downer on Mother's Day. I just had to say that a perfect baby that sleeps in the lair while Felicity hacks and is no problem to their vigilante activities is going to be harder for me to accept than Damian Darhk's magic or the arrows shot at the moon.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

I actually assumed Flash would be first, given their 100th next year and they give Iris almost nothing else to do apart from LI. But maybe they really will both be pregnant at the same time, like Barry and Oliver both on trial/in jail in the same season. 

Do we have any sort of update on "mysterious dark haired lady" that was supposedly such a super secret guest star? 

I have to admit I always thought Iris would be pregnant to give birth in their 100th so I'm pretty surprised this is happening tbh! I really hope they're not both pregnant at the same time but it would not surprise me at all. Haha.

As for the secret guest star, I thought it came out that it was basically no one? The crew played CG apparently.

1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

I just had to say that a perfect baby that sleeps in the lair while Felicity hacks and is no problem to their vigilante activities is going to be harder for me to accept than Damian Darhk's magic or the arrows shot at the moon.

Lol, Oliver was already iffy about Baby Sara possibly being in the lair, so I can't even imagine them being ok with their kid even being in the lair ever in general. Even William being in there was during emergency moments.

3 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

As for the secret guest star, I thought it came out that it was basically no one? The crew played CG apparently.

If that is what happened, I'll totally take it if there isn't a secret guest star.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, way2interested said:

If that is what happened, I'll totally take it if there isn't a secret guest star.

I'm not 100% sure but I know CG was like "well played, crew, well played" because he thought there was a secret guest star in 621 and there wasn't at all. The crew were just hiding CD. 

I think it’s going to be like how they worked in William. Small scenes here and there and then an episode dedicated to Olicity juggling the baby and the VOTW. Something in the vein of 6x11 with William. 

• Love 2
(edited)

It seems Oliver's status is going to change somehow -  maybe he works for Argus now so he and Felicity have access to an Argus sitter too.  

Or - maybe that is why Roy is coming back - to be a manny!  

7 minutes ago, way2interested said:

I'm pretty sure he admitted on Twitter he got played.

Edited by Mrs. de Winter
  • Love 5

I just wanna know when it gets revealed. Haha. Is this a 623 reveal or 701 or does she get pregnant in s7? Tell us the deets, David! ?

I’m mushy at the realization we are going to watch Olicity be parents. 

I may have concerns but we really are getting the entire journey with them. 

• Love 14
23 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

Oh, and he did confirm Felicity being pregnant. ?

ROFL.   "Oh, and by the way....."   Tiny little detail, I'm sure no one will be interested..... Well played. ;)

• Love 5

I didn’t ask as I assume it will be revealed in the finale. I didn’t bother asking Amell so we talked about how I want him to bring Emily next time (she’s doing a play so isn’t available though I know she doesn’t do many smaller cons anyway). 

Ramsey’s the one to ask. Always. He doesn’t mind confirming if we ask and I love him for it. 

• Love 18
15 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

(she’s doing a play so isn’t available though

Oh, wow! This is awesome news. Look at you just dropping juicy tidbits everywhere! Thanks for sharing!

21 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Damnit. I really would have preferred the reveal be in 6.23

Same, would have made the most sense.

• Love 4