Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I think Felicity really does get hurt in 3x01 and those events in the premiere causes them to cool things off romantic-stylez.

But those pictures of Felicity crying (and damn, her expression just makes me want to give her all the hugs) in 3x02 and Oliver manpaining away is probably something different. I'm thinking this is the episode that Oliver decides that Diggle shouldn't be working Team Arrow missions, anymore, because of the Digglet. Those series of pictures make me think that Oliver and Diggle, probably, just got done with their shouting match and Felicity is trying to talk sense into the angsty, green giant. Oliver will, likely, push Felicity away some more, too, which will lead her to accept Ray Palmer's job offer.

I wonder if SARA has anything to do with the acronym for the emotional response to bad news? Shock, Anger/Anxiety, Rejection/Rationalization, Acceptance... Damn it, something terrible is going to happen in this episode and praying to all the dieties right now that it's not anything to do with Sara dying.

I thought, based on the episode description, that Felicity actually got hurt. I don't think a hallucination is a valid enough reason for them to put a stop to their relationship but her being physically hurt is. I don't know. I'm so confused and I want the episode now! 

I wonder if part of Oliver isn't looking for a way not to be in a relationship.  It's easier just being the Arrow, than balancing Arrow, Oliver and relationship.

So whatever happens in 3x02 makes Felicity accept the offer and go work for Palmer?

Maybe Oliver acquiring QC back is stalled and Ray comes with a great longterm job offer, like re-organizing the Applied Sciences Division (and eventually working on his Atom suit although Felicity doesn't know that yet).  Maybe she takes it so that she can go undercover to spy on Palmer but I hope not.  I want the job to be about Felicity, and not Oliver again.

Looks like we're introduced to Manhunter in 303.

eta:

Oliver will, likely, push Felicity away some more, too, which will lead her to accept Ray Palmer's job offer.

That makes sense.  Oliver being an idiot about relationships is one thing they've kept consistent.

Edited by statsgirl

That 303 episode description makes me wonder when Diggle will be kicked off the team or if that's just a one episode thing. It sounds like Oliver doesn't exactly invite Diggle (which he would have done ordinarily) and it's Lyla who wants him to go to Corto Maltese for another reason (which in turn probably leads him to info on Andrew/H.I.V.E, I'm assuming). So will Diggle technically be off the team during 303 but prove he's capable out in the field? I hope so because I don't like the thought of Team Arrow being split up for too long.

Edited by Angel12d

Maybe Oliver acquiring QC back is stalled and Ray comes with a great longterm job offer, like re-organizing the Applied Sciences Division (and eventually working on his Atom suit although Felicity doesn't know that yet).  Maybe she takes it so that she can go undercover to spy on Palmer but I hope not.  I want the job to be about Felicity, and not Oliver again.

Even if she does take the job with Palmer to keep an eye on him, that doesn't necessarily mean it's for Oliver. It's THEIR (hers and Diggle's) mission now too, not just Oliver's, and if she thinks Ray might be up to something, she'd probably want to stay close to him of her own accord. Even though she doesn't suit up, she protects the city too - if she can keep an eye on him while earning a paycheck and doing cool stuff, more power to her.

• Love 3

Even if she does take the job with Palmer to keep an eye on him, that doesn't necessarily mean it's for Oliver. It's THEIR (hers and Diggle's) mission now too, not just Oliver's, and if she thinks Ray might be up to something, she'd probably want to stay close to him of her own accord. Even though she doesn't suit up, she protects the city too - if she can keep an eye on him while earning a paycheck and doing cool stuff, more power to her.

Except taking a job st QC for Ray Palmer has nothing to do with Arrow work and everything to do with Oliver,  it's his family's company.  Spying on Ray starting in 302 or 303 would have nothing to do with The Atom.

I agree with others,  Felicity needs to take this job for herself anything else is just further defining Felicity through Oliver and that is a big no for me.

It would involve Arrow work if she takes the job to have access to the Applied Sciences Division of QC. I'm ok if thats part of her motivation. The other part needs to be for her.

I don't think Ray is going to cause raised brows until further along in the season. 

Except taking a job st QC for Ray Palmer has nothing to do with Arrow work and everything to do with Oliver,  it's his family's company.  Spying on Ray starting in 302 or 303 would have nothing to do with The Atom.

I agree with others,  Felicity needs to take this job for herself anything else is just further defining Felicity through Oliver and that is a big no for me.

I thought they were suspicious of him because of his interest in Applied Sciences? I guess maybe I'm wrong, but I always thought that was an early-on red flag (that might've come out in the first or second episode) - that The Atom comes much, much later.

I thought they were suspicious of him because of his interest in Applied Sciences? I guess maybe I'm wrong, but I always thought that was an early-on red flag (that might've come out in the first or second episode) - that The Atom comes much, much later.

I've never heard anything about them being suspicious of Ray. Only thing i've heard is from the character announcement which talks about him taking a particular interest in Applied Sciences.  I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the reason they find out about Ray/Atom is because of Felicity working at QC, not the other way around

That 303 episode description makes me wonder when Diggle will be kicked off the team or if that's just a one episode thing. It sounds like Oliver doesn't exactly invite Diggle (which he would have done ordinarily) and it's Lyla who wants him to go to Corto Maltese for another reason (which in turn probably leads him to info on Andrew/H.I.V.E, I'm assuming). So will Diggle technically be off the team during 303 but prove he's capable out in the field? I hope so because I don't like the thought of Team Arrow being split up for too long.

Oooh, I hadn't thought of that.  Could make sense, considering the pictures I've seen from Corto Maltese were just Oliver/Roy, weren't they?  I seem to remember only seeing the gun pictures?  I could be making this up, of course.  I'm less reliable than even the writers, at this point.  ;-)

I don't want it to last too long, but I do love some Oliver/Diggle angst.  DR does angst really well.

I don't think Felicity will take a job at QC to spy on Ray. Didn't SA say that Oliver doesn't have a problem with Ray? I'm pretty sure he said he's not a bad guy, he just made a better pitch for QC. That makes me think that Felicity accepts his job offer because he not only purposefully searches her out but I expect that he's offering a job that's appropriate for her skills and she'll want to get back to that. I don't see it being related to Oliver/Arrow at all. If so, that's bullshit.

I do remember a character description of Ray that said he wasn't all he seemed but I took that to mean his interest in the Applied Science Division is pretty secretive, which of course it is if it involves The Atom identity. 

Oooh, I hadn't thought of that.  Could make sense, considering the pictures I've seen from Corto Maltese were just Oliver/Roy, weren't they?  I seem to remember only seeing the gun pictures?  I could be making this up, of course.  I'm less reliable than even the writers, at this point.  ;-)

I don't want it to last too long, but I do love some Oliver/Diggle angst.  DR does angst really well.

Well, Diggle is there because I remember in the short clip that he's the one who throws Oliver the gun to use. But I'm just wondering if Oliver didn't want Diggle there at first because it's field work and he wanted him out of field work. I don't know. We've had so many spoilers but we don't know the timeline of things so I could be wrong! 

• Love 2

I've never heard anything about them being suspicious of Ray. Only thing i've heard is from the character announcement which talks about him taking a particular interest in Applied Sciences.  I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the reason they find out about Ray/Atom is because of Felicity working at QC, not the other way around

I could've sworn I read that the team was suspicious of his plans for Applied Sciences, but all I can find are several articles stating that his plans for Applied Sciences are "shrouded in mystery," so maybe the team being suspicious of him was an assumption on my part.

I don't think Felicity will take a job at QC to spy on Ray. Didn't SA say that Oliver doesn't have a problem with Ray? I'm pretty sure he said he's not a bad guy, he just made a better pitch for QC. That makes me think that Felicity accepts his job offer because he not only purposefully searches her out but I expect that he's offering a job that's appropriate for her skills and she'll want to get back to that. I don't see it being related to Oliver/Arrow at all. If so, that's bullshit.

Just for the record, I wasn't trying to imply that I thought Ray was a bad guy or that anyone on the team thought he was a bad guy or that Felicity would "spy" on him per se. But QC built the earthquake machine, and Slade was trying to use Applied Sciences to mass produce the mirakuru, so IMO it would raise a few red flags if Ray Palmer took an outward, obvious interest in Applied Sciences, is all I'm saying. Maybe he's subtle about it, I don't know. If he wasn't, it would make sense for Felicity to take a job at QC to keep an eye on things, considering past circumstances.

Just for the record, I wasn't trying to imply that I thought Ray was a bad guy or that anyone on the team thought he was a bad guy or that Felicity would "spy" on him per se. But QC built the earthquake machine, and Slade was trying to use Applied Sciences to mass produce the mirakuru, so IMO it would raise a few red flags if Ray Palmer took an outward, obvious interest in Applied Sciences, is all I'm saying. Maybe he's subtle about it, I don't know. If he wasn't, it would make sense for Felicity to take a job at QC to keep an eye on things, considering past circumstances.

Oh, I didn't think you were. I was just saying I don't think Felicity's decision to take a job at QC will have anything to do with Oliver or Arrow business. I'm only basing that opinion on the fact that SA said that Oliver doesn't have a problem with Ray which suggests, to me at least, that they're not exactly seeing any red flags, not yet anyway. I mean, yes, they should be thinking 'Hmmm, this guy's interest in Applied Sciences is a bit odd' considering the history but I don't think they'll be thinking that yet. I could be wrong though.

(edited)

Oooh, I hadn't thought of that. Could make sense, considering the pictures I've seen from Corto Maltese were just Oliver/Roy, weren't they? I seem to remember only seeing the gun pictures? I could be making this up, of course. I'm less reliable than even the writers, at this point. ;-)

I don't want it to last too long, but I do love some Oliver/Diggle angst. DR does angst really well.

Diggle is in that scene, he tosses the gun to Oliver Edited by Morrigan2575

Oh, I didn't think you were. I was just saying I don't think Felicity's decision to take a job at QC will have anything to do with Oliver or Arrow business. I'm only basing that opinion on the fact that SA said that Oliver doesn't have a problem with Ray which suggests, to me at least, that they're not exactly seeing any red flags, not yet anyway. I mean, yes, they should be thinking 'Hmmm, this guy's interest in Applied Sciences is a bit odd' considering the history but I don't think they'll be thinking that yet. I could be wrong though.

Yeah, maybe Felicity gets suspicious of him after she's been working there for a while.

I think she'll ultimately take the job because it's offered and she needs the money, otherwise there wouldn't be a point to her having a second job in the premiere.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

That makes me think that Felicity accepts his job offer because he not only purposefully searches her out but I expect that he's offering a job that's appropriate for her skills and she'll want to get back to that.

Because it's not what she does for Team Arrow? Use her skills? I mean, I do think she'll take the job out of genuine self interest, but part of the her genuine self interest is Team Arrow. I think she'll take the job offer because she's interested in the work, needs a break from Oliver, and because she hates mysteries and what Ray is up to will be *mysterious*, thus she wants to solve it, keep on eye on him.

• Love 2

Regarding Felicity looking absolutely fine in episode 2 - I'm not reading anything into that, largely because this is the same show where everyone recovers from major injuries by the end of the episode or by the following week. 

• Love 3

Because it's not what she does for Team Arrow? Use her skills? I mean, I do think she'll take the job out of genuine self interest, but part of the her genuine self interest is Team Arrow. I think she'll take the job offer because she's interested in the work, needs a break from Oliver, and because she hates mysteries and what Ray is up to will be *mysterious*, thus she wants to solve it, keep on eye on him.

Well, of course but she doesn't get paid for it. And she was pretty angry that Oliver made her his EA last season, particularly making a big thing of saying that she went to MIT for a reason and it wasn't to study the secretarial arts. So if Ray comes in with a job offer that gets her back to IT (and allows her to quit her part time job at the tech store or whatever that was) I can see her going for it. 

I think Felicity noticing Ray being mysterious about Applied Sciences will come a few episodes later.

Yeah, maybe Felicity gets suspicious of him after she's been working there for a while.

I think she'll ultimately take the job because it's offered and she needs the money, otherwise there wouldn't be a point to her having a second job in the premiere.

Yeah. Agreed. I think maybe her trying to figure out why he's acting mysteriously about Applied Sciences is how they grow closer. 

All of these spoilers are getting confusing. I kinda hope we don't get any sneak peaks for the first episode.

I don't feel confused.

to me it looks like,in episode 301 Felicity is injured while on the date. maybe a couple of weeks go by while she's kind of recovering. in episode 302 Oliver puts the lid on their relationship (hence the angsty pics, taken probably during that conversation. Oliver looks torn and remorseful in a way in that last pic, as if he's just done the last thing he truly wants to do but he did it anyway. Cue Felicity deciding to take Palmer job offer. (and damn it didn't i just read a fic with that exact storyline on AO3 right after that Itunes clip came out?).

anyway that's what it looks like. but i could be just over simplifying it. 

I was reading the Episode 2 description again and the line "Ray Palmer pursues Felicity" struck me. When I first read that, I automatically thought "yeah, for a job" because of spoilers. But now I'm thinking I actually want it to be in a romantic sense as well. He meets her in the first ep, reads her file, maybe tries to find out everything he can about her. Gets to talk to her again, is instantly smitten and asks her out on a date by the second ep. Felicity is flustered but not really interested yet given what just happened with Oliver. I just think it'll provide another nice contrast from Oliver.

• Love 1

So someone mentioned the exchange between DR & SA about filming a heart wrenching scene in episode 2. And while everybody at the time assumed its between Diggle & Oliver, she know believes its between Felicity & Oliver.

By-w5yICcAAdenL.png

• Love 1

I don't know, I would think if it involved EBR they would include her in the tweets

Yeah, I'd think so too. Plus, didn't SA make a post on FB about this scene referencing the 'difficult subject matter' and IIRC, specifically saying it was with DR (I might be remembering wrong)? I really don't think those tweets have anything to do with anything regarding Felicity. The producers said the first few episodes were rough for Team Arrow - there are probably a few heart-wrenching scenes.

In regards to the thing that happens that might be bad for Sara, I really don't think she is killed but I wouldn't be surprised if she's injured to the point where she can't continue to be Canary.  Then we don't see her since someone takes her to some tropical isle to recover.  I hear Tahiti is a magical place. 

• Love 5

Should Sara be injured or killed, I'm trying to see a story where most of the viewing audience would welcome Laurel as BC. Especially since most find the jacket seen to be so off putting. It was a damn jacket and it was the catalyst for some serious hate. How would maiming Sara so she can't be BC anymore improve upon the opinion of Laurel.

I also can't imagine how horrible the scene in the hospital would be with Sara laid out in bed and Laurel grinning like a loon as Sara takes her last breath.

• Love 3
(edited)

http://canadagraphs.weebly.com/arrow-blog/arrow-films-scenes-for-the-season-3-premiere-with-stephen-amell-caity-lotz-peter-stormare-and-the-stunt-team

BTS Photos from S1, Arrow/Vertigo fight and Sara/Canary scene...including stunt crew.

At this point it's pointless to speculate IMO, people are just going round on and round on the same pieces of information that at various points over the summer have meant just about everything.  At this point i think it's saner to wait for the episode or for the media push next week to see what new insight we get into existing spoilers.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1
(edited)
Arrow - GreenArrowTV @GreenArrowTV If you've got questions for #Arrow EP Marc Guggenheim about Season 3, tweet 'em my way!

https://twitter.com/GreenArrowTV/status/518061147103059969

Looking for Q's for their interview with MG if anyone is interested.  Cross posting here and spoiler thread.

Another interviewer, this one is looking for Qs for EBR

I'm gonna be interviewing @EmilyBett who plays Felicity on #Arrow soon - do you have a question for her?

https://twitter.com/ChangHung23/status/517809824978182144

Sneak Peak - http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/video-arrow-season-3-oliver-737814?utm_source=twitter

Edited by Morrigan2575

The sneak peak was good, probably the opening action scene...definitely within the first 10 minutes (they usually are). Team Arrow working together, Captain Lance adding an assist and Felicity having a funny scene dealing with working at Geek Squad all while working together to stop the bad guys.

• Love 1

Laurel Brown had tweeted that she was going and asked for questions ahead of time.

I absolutely understand & respect why the DVDs aren't sent out ahead of time.  Especially with what happened with the Flash, too.

Cute preview!

And now I want a "Chuck"/Arrow crossover, if if just for a 10 min segment. 

I liked the preview so much!!! It reminds me of Chuck :')

I love how they're incorporating Lance, he's really getting into the action which is always nice to see. The romance side of it was weaved into the scene well (and it added levity to an already serious situation) as it didn't stop the narrative in order to be incorporated which is great to see. This was just a solid scene!

I just copied and pasted what I wrote on spoilertv. Sorry :p

• Love 2

LOL. I've done that before, usually in reviews...just easier to C&P the same post at each site.

Someone on spoiler.tv pointed out that they thought Lance looked like he was in pain after hitting the bad guy.  I wonder if he's still physically limited or suffering from his injuries?

*happy sigh*

All my favorite Arrow things. Team Arrow working as a team. Seamless passing between Arrow/Dig/Felicity. Felicity being Felicity. Quentin (although I worry about him). Olicity date talk. No Laurel. Win!

• Love 7

LOL. I've done that before, usually in reviews...just easier to C&P the same post at each site.

Someone on spoiler.tv pointed out that they thought Lance looked like he was in pain after hitting the bad guy.  I wonder if he's still physically limited or suffering from his injuries?

Heh, I'm still hoping for him saying "I'm too old for this shit!" :p Cranky Lance is awesome okay! 

If he's still suffering from his injuries I doubt he would've gone after the guy

• Love 1

I bet the first question from Arrow will be to ask Lance about his injuries. Have to get the audience caught up somehow.  It's nice to see Oliver working so well in tandem with Lance.

I wonder if "multitasking" for Diggle and Oliver at work gets Felicity fired, which leaves her needing money and looking for another job. Cue Ray Palmer.

Edited by statsgirl

I wonder if "multitasking" for Diggle and Oliver at work gets Felicity fired, which leaves her needing money and looking for another job. Cue Ray Palmer.

That would make sense too, but in general, it's clearly not a convenient job for her, or one worthy of her skills. So I think when Ray offers any kind of job, she'd need to strongly consider. I suspect Oliver will relieve her of any guilt or disloyalty she might feel about it. Or that's what he would do if he isn't a craphead, so fingers crossed...

• Love 2

I was hoping this is the season he starts out by not being a craphead.

I agree that Felicity would be considering any kind of job better than that one in the store, but if she's desperate, it lessens the impact of Ray putting her in a good job because she'll take anything.

"We deal with it head-on in the premiere, but there aren't a lot of superheroes who are married," Arrow executive producer Greg Berlanti told THR in September of Oliver and Felicity's finale "I love you" exchange. "It's more that we're dealing with the finale than we are with them."

And suddenly I'm not so excited any more.

• Love 2

I think Felicity's already a bit desperate considering she had to take a second job to pay her bills. And that quote from Berlanti makes sense to me, considering O&F basically break up after the first ep. It seems like this season they're figuring out if they can be together. Hopefully next season they actually WILL be together.