Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Yeah and Diaz wont be coming after the person who betrayed him? Since she is scared shitless of Diaz i can see her running and saving her own ass.

If she stays then they should just have her stop being a coward. Not like characterization is big for them at the moment. 

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

If what is speculated is true about Diaz staying, with Oliver in prison... they would need as much help as they can get. Wouldn't be the first time they are forced to work with someone they don't like. 

Yeah, and every time the show forces Oliver to do that, it makes him come across as incredibly stupid (with Malcolm, with Slade) so I hope the show stops doing that shit.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

If she stays then they should just have her stop being a coward. Not like characterization is big for them at the moment. 

But she always looks out for her own ass. If it came to a decision she would sacrifice everybody who is left on the team for her own safety. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Yep. They need to explain why she, a metahuman, works for humans. They really messed up when they didn't have Cayden have a dampener to use against her because he's really the only one smart enough for it. I really can't see Diaz even thinking that's a possibility. And I can't see BS thinking he'd think of that, so it all goes back to why is she so scared of him? 

Really, if KC is staying, I'd rather see them make BS full-villain, not working for or scared of anyone (but not necessarily the Big Bad), than any type of redemption. Because without Lance around, I don't think the show could make me buy that she wouldn't just switch sides back to (full) evil if a villain went up to her and said, "work for me because I say so."

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

But she always looks out for her own ass. If it came to a decision she would sacrifice everybody who is left on the team for her own safety. 

It would make sense but if she stays they'd have to change that up. 

2 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

It would make sense but if she stays they'd have to change that up. 

But that is completely against what BS has always been. Someone who looks out for themselves and hangs on someone to follow. And if Diaz is staying, i dont see how it will work out for her. I dont see Diggle working with her, neither NTA team or Felicity. I could see it maybe if Diaz was defeated that she would try to better herself but this way her flight instict is gonna take over. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

But that is completely against what BS has always been. Someone who looks out for themselves and hangs on someone to follow. And if Diaz is staying, i dont see how it will work out for her. I dont see Diggle working with her, neither NTA team or Felicity. I could see it maybe if Diaz was defeated that she would try to better herself but this way her flight instict is gonna take over. 

Who knows, maybe she would grow as a person? If it happens we'd just have to wait and see.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Who knows, maybe she would grow as a person? If it happens we'd just have to wait and see.

It all depends on whether the show wants to keep her around or not, with Lance gone there really isnt any reason to justify her sticking around unless she remained on Diaz's side which we now know is highly unlikely. 

1 hour ago, Velocity23 said:

How will the team embrace her ... Oliver is in prison. Felicity wont be welcoming her. Dinah and her gang neither. 

I honestly wouldn’t think they could, but given how this season has gone, it wouldn’t necessarily surprise me if they did. Especially given that I suspect NTA will be welcomed back into the fold at some point with them never apologizing for what they did or acknowledging that they were in the wrong.

“There is, importantly, a backup plan in place for Felicity and William in the event that he is sent to prison,” Amell shared. “It’s not as though he’s simply going to leave them in Star City when it’s being overrun by a criminal enterprise.”

Ivy Town redux? So in addition to Plans B and C for the trial, there's also a Plan D for if everything goes to shit. After a season of watching so many characters be extremely dumb, I'm really happy that Oliver and Felicity have spent their pre-trial time being smart and making plans.

NTA can still fuck off, though. EK using the word "us" made me gnash my teeth.

• Love 16
Just now, KenyaJ said:

After a season of watching so many characters be extremely dumb, I'm really happy that Oliver and Felicity have spent their pre-trial time being smart and making plans.

Barring Oliver's alone plan at the end of 618 and in 619 (620, I'll actually give him some credit because he actually had a plan), I'm really happy that the two of them being smart has been a pretty consistent thing this whole season.

• Love 8

PB deserved so much better than the awful storyline they gave him this season, especially before his exit. I hope his next role gives him something better to work with.

I do not understand why BS would hang around after her not-father dies/leaves, even if she is on her way to some lame redemption. Go back to E2, there’s nothing to keep her here. It’s so forced at this point. This show never knows when enough is enough. ?

17 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Just spitballing here. If Arrow wants to keep William around but want to get rid of the actor, one way they could do it is to age him up drastically. What if Felicity and William go on the Waverider and somehow William gets stuck in a time period for a number of years? When Felicity and the crew finally get him back, he's about 18 or 19. That would give Arrow a chance to start him on some training and get rid of a poor actor. That would also provide a different dynamic with both Oliver and Felicity.

I don't exactly want this to happen and I don't see it happening, but it's kinda fun to think about it :P

Bringing this over from Hopes and Fears, because I saw speculation the other day on Tumblr that maybe Arrow would do a time jump over the hiatus. I doubt it would happen due to the other Arrowverse shows, but it would definitely be something that the show couldn't undo. I had the same thought that it would allow the show to age William (and prevent EBR from having to wear a fake belly and/or film with an infant if Felicity has a surprise pregnancy in 623). Also Oliver could serve his sentence during any time jump.

I don't want any of this to actually happen, but the more I thought about it, it wasn't the craziest idea I've ever heard.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

that maybe Arrow would do a time jump over the hiatus. I doubt it would happen due to the other Arrowverse shows, but it would definitely be something that the show couldn't undo.

For some reason, I wouldn't mind a time jump. I just wouldn't want Oliver to be in prison all this time. But I don't know if they could make it work with the crossover. Because the Flash and Arrow should be in the same timeline, right? Supergirl and LoT could be more of a wildcard. Who knows. 

4 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

Looks like he got another job:

Good for him, although I'm sad the shoe is doing away with it's last member of the older generation. #bringbackwalterplz

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I’m pretty sure Stephen said there’s a normal 5-month time jump during the hiatus. 

Oh ok... :-) Well, then no time jump but just enough time to grow awful facial hair ;-)

Frankly, even if Oliver spends five months in jail, I’d find it hard to believe that Felicity and at least Dig would just let him cool his heels there, let alone for years. They just don’t do that. 

• Love 1

Yeah, the only way I could see it was if they knew Oliver was undercover or if they knew with absolute certainty that he was serving a short sentence.

• Love 4

Past Arrow is fuzzy for me, but wasn't there a Diggle jail break? I know the circumstances are different, but I'd be upset if no one tried either legally or illegally to get Oliver out of jail. I'm tired of mature, logical, makes good choices Oliver being punished because the writers are hacks. 

• Love 2
(edited)

There was a Dig jailbreak in season 5 but Felicity refused to participate because it would make Dig a fugitive for life and Dig didn't want them to break him out so I could see it working as precedent both for or against a jailbreak.

Edited by JamieLynn832002
  • Love 1

There was a Green Arrow movie planned a few years ago: "Escape from Supermax".  Green Arrow gets sent away to prison for a crime he didn't commit, in with a lot of criminals he sent away. He has to team up with those criminals to escape the prison.  I wonder if that's how they kick off season 7.   

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, thegirlsleuth said:

There was a Green Arrow movie planned a few years ago: "Escape from Supermax".  Green Arrow gets sent away to prison for a crime he didn't commit, in with a lot of criminals he sent away. He has to team up with those criminals to escape the prison.  I wonder if that's how they kick off season 7.   

Yeah, MG mentioned adapting it for like a 5 episode arc, and that was probably their s7 plan if they came into s6 knowing that they would have Oliver be arrested by the end  Besides the fact that Oliver doesn't have a good number of criminals to team up with (which, whatever, they could always cast new characters and have some exposition or whatever), I wonder since MG and WM are out now whether those plans might change. I mean, the biggest complaint in 6a was the fact that Oliver wasn't GA (probably already after they basically decided to commit on the idea), and the big complaint in 6b was the nonsensical separation of the team. Starting s7 off with that arc (meanwhile the teams deal with some separate issue) would be leaning into those things that the audience has rejected, and I get the joke of "well, they don't care about the audience and will always choose the worst option lolololol," but these choices have possibly resulted in firing the two showrunners, bringing back a previous series regular, needing a showrunner to do damage control, and even possibly changing marketing choices (promoting Olicity in 619, pushing CD in 621, etc.). With that and the cast seeming really excited about Beth coming in and DR visiting the writers' room only on the 2nd or 3rd day they started working on s7, I wonder what they'll actually do.

• Love 11

I get the joke of "well, they don't care about the audience and will always choose the worst option lolololol," but these choices have possibly resulted in firing the two showrunners, bringing back a previous series regular, needing a showrunner to do damage control, and even possibly changing marketing choices (promoting Olicity in 619, pushing CD in 621, etc.). With that and the cast seeming really excited about Beth coming in and DR visiting the writers' room only on the 2nd or 3rd day they started working on s7, I wonder what they'll actually do.

DR has talked a couple times about his belief that season 7 would be about family so more they intend to lean into bringing them together.  Though I would have said that the first part of this season was very much about family as well.  I have a hard time imagining them not trying to do a version of the escape from a Supermax since how often do they get to have him in a prison?  But I hope they radically condense how many episodes it would linger on.  

• Love 1
5 hours ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

There was a Dig jailbreak in season 5 but Felicity refused to participate because it would make Dig a fugitive for life and Dig didn't want them to break him out so I could see it working as precedent both for or against a jailbreak.

That was also Dig down in the dumps and dealing with the guilt of killing his brother. Plus, he wasn’t jailed with hundreds of inmates who knew he was responsible for them being in prison in the first place. I don’t feel this parallels Oliver at this point at all. Unless something really drastic happens in these last three episodes. Of course the writers could still try to sell this as similar situations, I just wouldn’t buy it.

9 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

I have a hard time imagining them not trying to do a version of the escape from a Supermax since how often do they get to have him in a prison?  But I hope they radically condense how many episodes it would linger on.

Yeah, that's how I'm seeing it going. They're still going to do the plot (especially since the writing style of 6b has led up to it---Oliver-plot,team-plot A, plot C--- has been working well for them, regardless of what's happening in the plots, these episodes have been some of the better paced, especially without the flashbacks), but they might have some tweaks to it. Like, instead of 5-7 it'll be 3-5 or maybe even just the premiere, or maybe Oliver will still be able to talk to the rest of the team/Felicity somehow, or the team plot will be about breaking Oliver out of prison, or something like that. Some change like that, and writing more sympathetic newbies (whether wanted or not, they'll probably try to make them more likable to the audience, kind of like how 620 basically sidestepped the whole Oliver argument and went straight for a sympathy subplot attempt for Rene. I wouldn't be surprised if something in the last 3 episodes or 7a did a similar thing) are things I can see happening.

I was ambivalent about Tommy in S1, but I've loved all his post-S1 appearances. That video made me really sad that Colin's not still on the show.

• Love 1

I didn't like Tommy at all, but Colin is cute in this video, and I'm kinda excited for tonight's episode even though I know I will be let down in ways I didn't even know I could be let down when it's over.

• Love 5

I'm still team Oliver goes to jail, and that's why he's separated from everyone. They'll probably keep him there an episode or two, so they can say: see he's been away for 6 months. lol

Just now, apinknightmare said:

I think they just went with whatever soundbite they had from recent cast interviews to answer it.

Oh I know that, but it's a sloppy pairing. DR's obviously talking about the teams getting back together/returning to status quo of the show rather than anything about Oliver's trial. It's like that time someone asked about Diggle and the answer ended up being about Rene instead.

I'm a little confused as to what he means by "what happens between he [Oliver] and Felicity will last for a long time" but I'm guessing it's all just about him going to jail for a long while? And it'll last a few episodes into s7. 

6 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Oh I know that, but it's a sloppy pairing. DR's obviously talking about the teams getting back together/returning to status quo of the show rather than anything about Oliver's trial. It's like that time someone asked about Diggle and the answer ended up being about Rene instead.

That’s Natalie’s MO tho. She loves to purposely mislead. I’ll never forget her misquoting EBR and making it seem like she’d be Rays secretary in season 3. She’s done this to several show fandoms lol.

• Love 1
Just now, JJ928 said:

That’s Natalie’s MO tho.

Yeah, it's probably just put there to get some of that Olicity buzz since DR mentioned them, which is ridiculous because Tvline already had a soundbites from EBR and the other cast that answers the exact question (they have backup plans, they push against Diaz, etc.). 

• Love 2