Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Or the Pentaverate! 

It's a secret society of the five wealthiest people in the world - who run everything, including the newspapers - and meet tri-annually at a secret country mansion in Colorado know as "The Meadows."

(someone pls get this)

• Love 2

KC's Black Siren was so much better than her Black Canary.  Why would they want to revert her back?  Is this a flat learning curve?

1 hour ago, calliope1975 said:

They are the most powerful, evil, all the criminals want in organization that has never been mentioned in six years. 

You forgot a word --  "They are the most powerful, evil, all the criminals want in math and statistics organization that has never been mentioned in six years."

Because that's what I always think of when I hear "quadrant".

ETA:  I'm really tired of "epic final battle"s especially if it's between Diaz and Oliver.  Get a new schtick.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

I have never been a Tommy fan, but I do really like Colin. I wish this was an Earth? Tommy but I think you guys are right with it being Human Target. 

Edited by JJ928

Since "Tommy" busting in on the trial makes it seem like Oliver's not going to go to jail for being Green Arrow, what on earth is the life sentence about? Does he get framed for something (Quentin or Rene's murder, if someone has to die please), or is the life sentence him committing himself into the servitude of ARGUS or some other shady organization to avoid jail time? Normally I could be convinced that there's a swerve and Felicity goes to jail or something, but I think that's kind of a lame season-ender, especially for teases about Oliver being all alone and having a different appearance. 

• Love 1

@tv echo did you post a tweet from David Ramsey about him driving down through Washington about him second guessing an agreement that would be happening in the future?  I seem to remember this and wonder if it had to do with the show. I could also be totally wrong about this.

4 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Since "Tommy" busting in on the trial makes it seem like Oliver's not going to go to jail for being Green Arrow, what on earth is the life sentence about? Does he get framed for something (Quentin or Rene's murder, if someone has to die please), or is the life sentence him committing himself into the servitude of ARGUS or some other shady organization to avoid jail time? Normally I could be convinced that there's a swerve and Felicity goes to jail or something, but I think that's kind of a lame season-ender, especially for teases about Oliver being all alone and having a different appearance. 

I feel like him going to jail fits the most with the spoilers we've gotten, but you never know with Arrow. I think him being set up for someones murder is highly possible... Or what if he's given the option of serving a lesser sentence by Watson (since she's supposed to be back), to finally put all this shit away. Once he does the time, he can be convicted for the same thing.

My questions is who sets up the Human Target situation? My first instinct is Felicity, but again with the way this season has gone I'm not 100%.

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

I have never been a Tommy, but I do really like Colin. I wish this was an Earth? Tommy but I think you guys are right with it being Human Target. 

Unless we get lucky and some other Earth Tommy shows up. 

But gods, I love seeing Colin and SA together. I love them so much.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Unless we get lucky and some other Earth Tommy shows up. 

But gods, I love seeing Colin and SA together. I love them so much.

They should have Human Target impersonate Diaz, and get him on camera doing something shady, then circulate it on the news. Felicity saying she reached out to Cisco, who reached out to E2 Tommy, wouldn't be too crazy at this point. Really with the way this season has been, they can say this is tommy fresh out of a pit, compliments of Thea lol.

14 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Anatoly knows Human Target.

I forgot this. Yeah, this will be the most likely explanation. I would like Felicity to be the one to try and figure shit out, but the writing doesn't lend itself to logic.

Edit: I just thought about this, what if he kills Diaz in the finale and that's what he's jailed for?

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 1

DR out there giving us hope!

http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/04/26/arrow-season-finale-synopsis-released-teasing-a-new-ally-against/

"We haven't fully discussed with the producers all the places we want to go for season seven," series regular David Ramsey recently told ComicBook.com. "[A focus on family] is certainly one of them. The William/Felicity/Oliver relationship. Now, Lyla's come back more involved as I'm involved with ARGUS. Roy has come back to the team. So, clearly, we're moving into a place where even though we are wrapping up to the end of the season where you're kind of isolating Oliver, that in the beginning of next season, obviously, you'll start to see these very familiar family tightness, very personal relationships, come to the forefront. Arrow's always been the one to kind of lift you up to put you down and to put you down to lift you up, right? We are wrapping up for next season, which, obviously, as you see we're already preparing to bring these very familiar, very intimate, relationships back into the forefront. Roy, William, Oliver, Felicity, my wife, Lyla. So we're wrapping up to that. And you can see it in the writing."

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

I feel like him going to jail fits the most with the spoilers we've gotten, but you never know with Arrow. I think him being set up for someones murder is highly possible... Or what if he's given the option of serving a lesser sentence by Watson (since she's supposed to be back), to finally put all this shit away. Once he does the time, he can be convicted for the same thing.

My questions is who sets up the Human Target situation? My first instinct is Felicity, but again with the way this season has gone I'm not 100%.

I cry foul if its Rene or any of the NTA.  So given this season, yeah, that's my guess for who arranges it. :(  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, apinknightmare said:

Since "Tommy" busting in on the trial makes it seem like Oliver's not going to go to jail for being Green Arrow, what on earth is the life sentence about? Does he get framed for something (Quentin or Rene's murder, if someone has to die please), or is the life sentence him committing himself into the servitude of ARGUS or some other shady organization to avoid jail time? 

I think it might be this. They've bought ARGUS back into the show in a bigger way what with Diggle working for them. I could see them doing something like that. Having "life sentence" as the title makes me think it's less about actual prison. It just feels too obvious, you know?

30 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I cry foul if its Rene or any of the NTA.  So given this season, yeah, that's my guess for who arranges it. :(  

The newbies never saved Oliver tonight just like some people were fearing, so I doubt they are going to help him next week either.

1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

I wonder if they put Tommy in the promo because they're trying to lure the audience back.

It's the first episode of sweeps, so yeah, maybe.

Also, it occurred to me that there have been so many GA identity reveals (Roy, Oliver-but-wait-no-it-isn't-the-footage-is-fake, "Tommy") if and when Oliver publicly announces he's the Green Arrow, it would be great if no one believes him. 

• Love 6
44 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I see the talks for next season are already beginning. Now DR doesn't have to focus on what's going on this season in his interviews; he can divert to next season and what should be better.

4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I wonder if they put Tommy in the promo because they're trying to lure the audience back.

They 100% did. They know they're losing their core audience with how badly they've messed up this season. NTA are universally hated, Diaz has a polarizing fanbase where some like him but others don't, and the season has chosen plot over character. Not many are happy, so they're definitely trying to throw something that people will be drawn to, like Colin Donnell as Tommy. I suspect they wanted to keep CD a secret, but SA kind of spoiled it right off the bat. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

I see the talks for next season are already beginning. Now DR doesn't have to focus on what's going on this season in his interviews; he can divert to next season and what should be better.

I'll believe it when I see it, DAVID.

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

it occurred to me that there have been so many GA identity reveals (Roy, Oliver-but-wait-no-it-isn't-the-footage-is-fake, "Tommy") if and when Oliver publicly announces he's the Green Arrow, it would be great if no one believes him. 

This is why Oliver has the Van Dyke - he decides the only way people will believe he’s the GA is if he has facial hair no one else ever would. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

This is why Oliver has the Van Dyke - he decides the only way people will believe he’s the GA is if he has facial hair no one else ever would. 

"Guys, look! Just like in the comics!"

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, way2interested said:

The newbies never saved Oliver tonight just like some people were fearing, so I doubt they are going to help him next week either.

Unfortunately we do have a scene next week with Oliver, Felicity, William, Diggle, Rene, Zoe and Oliver's lawyer so I'm kinda dreading we're gonna get Oliver apologizing next. 

23 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Yes. 100%. They're barely promoting the newbies these days either. 

6 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Unfortunately we do have a scene next week with Oliver, Felicity, William, Diggle, Rene, Zoe and Oliver's lawyer so I'm kinda dreading we're gonna get Oliver apologizing next. 

Kind of dreading that too (although still holding onto hope that maybe at least one of the newbies can actually apologize so this "everybody did something wrong" thing cam actually be realized), but I just want rationalized dread. Oliver apologizing (after he already did way before this all happened, which is why I would think this would try to be different and have Rene apologize too, especially since both of their kids are there) makes sense, the newbies suddenly knowing how to find Human Target and getting him to be Tommy to help out Oliver does not imo.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Kind of dreading that too (although still holding onto hope that maybe at least one of the newbies can actually apologize so this "everybody did something wrong" thing cam actually be realized), but I just want rationalized dread. Oliver apologizing (after he already did way before this all happened, which is why I would think this would try to be different and have Rene apologize too, especially since both of their kids are there) makes sense, the newbies suddenly knowing how to find Human Target and getting him to be Tommy to help out Oliver does not imo.

Unfortunately, even if the newbies do apologize it's way too late, at least for me (though I do want them to say sorry). And I'm not quite sure why they would when they haven't so far. And I just cannot accept this "everyone did something wrong" idea because they didn't. The newbies are at fault here. 

I'm wondering if Felicity is the one who finds Human Target? Or maybe they won't even let her do that. IDK anymore. But if it's the newbies, I give up. I've never known such propping for 3 awful characters.

1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

Why would Rene think that taking Zoe to Oliver's trial is appropriate?  I don't even think William should be there but at least he's William's father.

Because he's an idiot.

Just now, Angel12d said:

I'm wondering if Felicity is the one who finds Human Target? Or maybe they won't even let her do that. IDK anymore. But if it's the newbies, I give up. I've never known such propping for 3 awful characters.

At this point, Felicity, Diggle, Rene or Curtis could conceivably think of calling him in since they were all around last year when Human Target showed up. I hope it's Diggle, just because he's been such an utterly ridiculous a-hole lately and I'd like to see him not be one for someone who is his friend. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Why would Rene think that taking Zoe to Oliver's trial is appropriate?

Is she at the trial? Because the scene with all of those cast members was filmed at Rene's apartment, iirc.

3 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Unfortunately, even if the newbies do apologize it's way too late, at least for me (though I do want them to say sorry)

This is where I am. I just want it for principle. 

With Anatoly and Black Siren flipping, who's going to fight alongside Diaz at the end? Is someone going to do a last-minute flip? Or is it going to be everyone who's still alive in 23 vs. Diaz, his 3D printer, and a bunch of nameless Quadrant goons?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Angel12d said:

I think it might be this. They've bought ARGUS back into the show in a bigger way what with Diggle working for them. I could see them doing something like that. Having "life sentence" as the title makes me think it's less about actual prison. It just feels too obvious, you know?

I'm still wondering if we could see Diggle handing out assignments and then Oliver going on random solo missions.  Honestly, I'm having a hard time caring about any mission if Felicity isn't back on the coms. It doesn't feel like Arrow without her.  

• Love 12
23 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

is it going to be everyone who's still alive in 23 vs. Diaz, his 3D printer, and a bunch of nameless Quadrant goons?

Now I want to see the two sides line up, and Diaz has a 3D printer next to him. “Wait, before we fight, I have to print some drugs!” 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Now I want to see the two sides line up, and Diaz has a 3D printer next to him. “Wait, before we fight, I have to print some drugs!” 

And they just stand there staring at each other while a shrill “eeee errr eeee errr” goes on in the background. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, BunsenBurner said:

@tv echo did you post a tweet from David Ramsey about him driving down through Washington about him second guessing an agreement that would be happening in the future?  I seem to remember this and wonder if it had to do with the show. I could also be totally wrong about this.

I don't recall that - sorry.

• Love 1

David did take that drive. He said something about getting his head on straight. Maybe he had just found out about the season arc and was trying to process the fact that Diggle was going to be sooooo OOC and/or basically not in the crossover.  

• Love 2

That’s what I was thinking of.  The “getting my head right” struck me as strange at the time since the only thing I have seen David tweet is about his son.  All that said, the tweet might have meant absolutely nothing in terms of the show.

Edited by Sunshine
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

Is that a bus depot? I thought it was the city's paper hah.

I think It's the subway, so someone's taking the subway to somewhere.

You know, with the last episode and Diaz talking about how one will be driven out of the city, it did make me wonder briefly if Oliver wasn't going to jail, but if he was going to go on the run. 

• Love 3