Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Diaz being able to get to Lyla, the head of ARGUS, is just too much to be able to accept .

It sounds like Paul was right to end his marriage though.

28 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I thought they'd been trying to dial it down these last weeks but I guess it really doesn't take much to unleash all the that accumulated  frustration.   

The n00b's frustration?  Or mine?

• Love 6
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

Diaz being able to get to Lyla, the head of ARGUS, is just too much to be able to accept .

It sounds like Paul was right to end his marriage though.

The n00b's frustration?  Or mine?

Mine!!  Lol. :D

• Love 2

I kinda love that Felicity is just gonna do stuff by herself, even though Oliver doesn't want her as Overwatch at the moment. 

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, TwistedandBored said:

I don't know why I feel like Felicity might be the person in that hospital bed. 

My first thought was because Oliver has that adoring look on his face, lol.  

IF it was her in the bed beat up, it would explain very limited time in the finale.  What if Oliver sent her away somewhere "safe" like he tried to do last year?  It's still a really dumb idea unless there is more to it.  

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

It would still be hard for me to accept, but maybe he goes after their kid and that is why Lyla shows up and Diggle goes after him.  

Just now, apinknightmare said:

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that Felicity getting close to Diaz is going to be a trap so he can try and kill her. 

As stupid as the possibility of Diaz being able to get Lyla is, the idea that his dumb ass can outsmart Felicity is even more ridiculous.  But given this season's writing both are probably true.  

I am not usually this paranoid, but I keep thinking about how Aaron Sorkin wrote the West Wing into a bad, bad place on his way out the door - and wondering if something similar is going on here.   

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

My first thought was because Oliver has that adoring look on his face, lol.  

IF it was her in the bed beat up, it would explain very limited time in the finale.  What if Oliver sent her away somewhere "safe" like he tried to do last year?  It's still a really dumb idea unless there is more to it.  

If one episode before Diaz tries to kill her there's a  higher chance it's Felicity in that hospital bed.

Also if it's true what Ken is saying about Felicity not being in the finale much- debatable- way to go out on good memories Wendy and Marc!  

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

She could be pregnant ;) Felicity is completely selfless when it comes to putting her own life on the line for Oliver and the greater good, but she wouldn’t put their their baby at risk.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Mrs. de Winter said:

As stupid as the possibility of Diaz being able to get Lyla is, the idea that his dumb ass can outsmart Felicity is even more ridiculous.  But given this season's writing both are probably true.  

I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't and she really is close to getting him, but they like making him seem smarter than he actually is, so I figured it was a safe guess.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

She could be pregnant ;) Felicity is completely selfless when it comes to putting her own life on the line for Oliver and the greater good, but she wouldn’t put their their baby at risk.

Why are you determined to make me cry today!!!!???? 

Go away!!!!

I kid! ??

• Love 3
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't and she really is close to getting him, but they like making him seem smarter than he actually is, so I figured it was a safe guess.

I do not doubt your guess at all.

What makes the whole thing even more ridiculous is I would have had far, far less difficulty believing both of these if this was Chase we were dealing with - but with captain 3D?  Nope. Nope. Nope.    Hell, if they had given me a scene with Felicity going toe-to-toe with Chase I would have cheered.  But Diaz and Felicity?  Ugh. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Why are you determined to make me cry today!!!!???? 

Go away!!!!

I kid! ??

Every big Olicity moment this show gave us was super angsty. I’m just trying to prepare you ?

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Mrs. de Winter said:

Hell, if they had given me a scene with Felicity going toe-to-toe with Chase I would have cheered.  But Diaz and Felicity?  Ugh. 

What if they heard us complaining that there was no scene between Chase and Felicity and decided to give us this. "Here, there's your Felicity confronting the villain scene."

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I kinda love that Felicity is just gonna do stuff by herself, even though Oliver doesn't want her as Overwatch at the moment. 

That's my girl! I'm so here for it, though I'm also 95% convinced it's her in the hospital bed.

• Love 1

The stakes have never been higher? Really? Some asshole with a gun is more of a threat than Malcolm the millionaire ninja? Slade and his supersoldiers? Damien the dark magician who wanted to KILL THE WORLD?!?! This asshole? 

• Love 16

That 620 promo...Am I supposed to believe Diaz can beat Oliver in a fight? LMAO NO. Stop this madness. This is getting ridiculous.

10 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

That 620 promo...Am I supposed to believe Diaz can beat Oliver in a fight? LMAO NO. Stop this madness. This is getting ridiculous.

Excuse you, THE STAKES HAVE NEVER BEEN HIGHER, NOT EVER EVER EVER BELIEVE US NEVER

NOT EVER

They changed the logo and everything!

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 8
16 minutes ago, BunsenBurner said:

If I were the actors on this show I would seriously be looking for other work because this show has been sabotaged almost beyond redemption.

Well at this rate Season 7 just may be the last and honestly it probably needs to be 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Ken backtracked on his earlier tweet. Apparently he was talking about JPK from Flash

I looked at the thread. The person literally asked Is Emily filming? 

Unless KP can't or didn't read properly? 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Angel12d said:

DDDiaz is basically one of those random mooks from other seasons that he'd arrow/knock out without a second thought, or at least would be a 1 episode very minor threat. I don't understand why they followed up psychologically scary Chase with this guy, the "Ten Steps Ahead" thing was one of the only criticisms of him. So they doubled down on that by having a random street thug be better than MM/SW/DD/AC combined in a full scale thrashing of Oliver, his family and the city. Yeah I hope someone actually did get fired. This is terrible writing even for Arrow. 

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

DDDiaz is basically one of those random mooks from other seasons that he'd arrow/knock out without a second thought, or at least would be a 1 episode very minor threat. I don't understand why they followed up psychologically scary Chase with this guy

Because 3Diaz has a comics pedigree, and we're supposed to just know that's he's a secret badass scary baddie because that's what he was in the comics. No need for the show to actually, you know, show us. 

• Love 8
13 hours ago, Mrs. de Winter said:

Hope this shows up - will let someone with a better version post in the Spoiler Thread.  From Twitter, this is for episode 22  - The Ties that Bind:

image.thumb.png.b8b6f23759642a49a28b57caf64ae511.png

Done (posted in Spoilers thread)...

Arrow - Episode 6.22 - The Ties that Bind - Press Release
Posted by SpoilerTV at April 20, 2018 
https://www.spoilertv.com/2018/04/arrow-episode-622-ties-that-bind-press.html

If the writers want me to accept that someone like Diaz can defeat Oliver in hand-to-hand combat, then I want Felicity to be able to defeat Diaz.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 9

Is this show really going to try and convince me that Oliver Jonas Queen can defeat Slade and Chase but not Marbles.  Nice try but it ain't happening. 

Maybe Oliver gets distracted because he can't understand a single word that comes out of his mouth.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, ladylaw99 said:

Maybe Oliver gets distracted because he can't understand a single word that comes out of his mouth.

And even when he does understand it, it makes no sense.

@Primal Slayer made a good point on the live posting thread, that this was the wrong place for an episode to show us how scary 3-D is and it should have come much earlier. I assumed that MG was going for his "gotcha" moment yet again but by this point I'm so used to thinking of 3-D as a thug and student-needing-extra-help-to-keep-up that I really can't think of him as this scary person who is going to terrorize Oliver.  They'll keep pushing it, he's going after Felicity and William and presumably JJ but I don't. care. Except that I want to see Lyla and Diggle take him down if he goes after their kid.

Also, it's time to give the "Oliver is in the villain's chains" cliche a rest. They've been doing it every year since Malcolm strung him up for JB's titillation and it's Yawn now. We know he gets out. We knows he broods, and then he wins. It isn't even interesting any more.

• Love 5

I am so disheartened by all the spoilers and the threat of 3D carrying onto next season and Oliver going to jail!

Seriously the only way they can save the whole miserable "Oliver goes to jail" storyline for me is if a Pregnant Felicity kills 3D and Oliver takes the rap for her! 

• Love 3

Oliver in chains and shackles again? I hope he learned from last time and knows a way to get out of it now... Would be stupid if it happens to him again. Would be cool if Diaz walks back in the room and Oliver is just standing there like.. "That ain't gonna work on me..."

11 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

the threat of 3D carrying onto next season

Tbh 619 pushed more that he's leaving to me like all of the other big bads on this show. He finished his own progression and has no where else to go but to be defeated.

Just now, way2interested said:

Tbh 619 pushed more that he's leaving to me like all of the other big bads on this show. He finished his own progression and has no where else to go but to be defeated.

I hope you're right!!!! He's just so dull and peculiar and pointless! Bring on something new!!!

Actually I just want Baddie of the Week! 

16 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

It always makes me nervous to see the sentence XO tries to kill Felicity. Because I doubt they'd actually kill her but after a season that made no sense to me whatsoever,  I don't trust them to make good decisions. But like I said, I always feels this way when people try to hurt Felicity.

Or the sentence 'Oliver struggles' because usually that leads to him making dumb decisions and I hope we are not getting a repeat of stupid break-up tropes. Because they managed to get the couple aspects mostly write this season. Damaging it for a dumb storyline would make that go away.

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 1

I saw a few clips from last night, and omg Diaz is so awful. So he basically hid behind Siren (from what I saw) and I'm supposed to take him seriously? They should have made Siren the big bad, at least that would have some emotional connection to the good guys, and she's obviously strong enough. Not only is Diaz a chump hiding behind a meta, she's a chump for not killing his lame ass.

• Love 5

I quite like the idea of Oliver struggling with Felicity putting herself in danger. Serves the idiot right for dismissing her fears last night. I didn't hate the Olicity scene and I love that Felicity was actually allowed to show her fears, anger and frustration and I thought EBR was awesome. But Oliver promising to come back when he knows enough not to promise anything regarding that? Such stupidity. But, all in service of future plots it seems.

• Love 12
23 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

So he basically hid behind Siren (from what I saw) and I'm supposed to take him seriously?

To be fair, he had a whole fight scene with a gun fighting by himself kind of like how Rene does, punched a lot of people in the face multiple times, abruptly shot a crime lord, used BS as basically a weapon, used a guy to carry a bomb, and burned a man alive. Not saying to take him seriously, just being technical.

1 minute ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

But Oliver promising to come back when he knows enough not to promise anything regarding that?

I was fine with it in the sense that he was saying it to comfort Felicity, but also there's the issue of that doesn't solve anything. Theoretically Felicity can't just tell herself not to worry about Oliver any more than a parent can tell themselves that their kids will be ok driving alone for the first time. Heck, 620's probably what pushes Felicity to get involved anyway since Oliver clearly does not keep his promise, so in a way she shouldn't have to honor his decision. 

• Love 1