Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

8 hours ago, tv echo said:

No promo pics for 606 yet?

I was wondering that too, though I'm more interested in the 607 photos. But then I realized they'll probably be nowhere near as good as the photos we got from the filming of that episode. We'll probably get more of BS and BC screaming at each other. 

4 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

I am pretty sure either she or someone else says she graduated at 19. Maybe in a S1 episode of The Flash? 

No, the quote gets conflated. It was said by Wells in season 1. Ranked second in the national informative technology competition at the age of 19, graduated MIT with cyber security and computer sciences. She came in second in a national competition at 19, her age at the time of graduation wasn't explicitly stated.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, bijoux said:

No, the quote gets conflated. It was said by Wells in season 1. Ranked second in the national informative technology competition at the age of 19, graduated MIT with cyber security and computer sciences. She came in second in a national competition at 19, her age at the time of graduation wasn't explicitly stated.

Ah ok, thanks for the clarification. 

40 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Didnt she say in s2 finale to Nyssa: Felicity Smoak, MIT class of 09. So if Felicity was born in 1989, she would have been 19-20 when she graduated right? And we know her mother asked her about fake IDs in Secret Origin of Felicity Smoak, so that means she wasnt 21 and legally allowed to drink yet. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

Didnt she say in s2 finale to Nyssa: Felicity Smoak, MIT class of 09. So if Felicity was born in 1989, she would have been 19-20 when she graduated right? And we know her mother asked her about fake IDs in Secret Origin of Felicity Smoak, so that means she wasnt 21 and legally allowed to drink yet. 

They did, and it seems right when you also take into account Felicity telling Ray she was 25 in early S3, so in the fall of 2014. I'm just saying that 19 was never explicitly stated as her age at graduating from college. Going by her character history, it does make sense that she was around that age when she got her degrees.

14 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

@TV ECHO if you have time could you pretty please with a cherry on top pull up the WM quote about how they will explore the Olicity love story of Felicity lives. I thought I saw something like that but now I'm not sure!

Here are the Arrow EPs' quotes about Olicity for S6 that were given before 601 aired (listed in chron order)...

-- On where Olicity's headed this season (assuming Felicity survives), MG: "I'm going to give a very unsatisfying answer to the Olicity fans, which is - you know, we sort of set Oliver and Felicity on a certain trajectory, starting with 520, and we saw a little bit of it in 523, and we're just, you know - we're continuing it. Uh, I will say that the events of the finale did throw a little bit of a wrench into, you know - into their slow rekindling of their relationship." When interviewer asked if it threw a wrench into their plans to immediately go get dinner after, MG: "Yeah, that clearly did not happen. You know, island blew up and then, you know, 'oh, let's grab some food,' you know, 'we're in the South China Sea, maybe get some good Chinese food.' Didn't happen."  (SDCC, Jul. 22, 2017: Video of MG interview in Jul. 25, 2017 ComicBook article, page 4 of New Spoilers thread. and Jul. 24, 2017 ComicBook article, page 1572 of Spoiler Discussion thread)

-- TV Guide: "All of Oliver and computer whiz Felicity's flirty reconnecting in the season's final episodes are just baby steps, kids!" MG: "'Getting them back into a full-on relationship by the finale would have felt ridiculously rushed... This is just going to be the latest chapter of their lowercase-r-relationship." TV Guide added: "If Felicity survives." (Scan of Arrow article in TV Guide Magazine's SDCC 2017 cover issue, page 4 of New Spoilers thread and page 1563 of Spoiler Discussion thread)

-- On Olicity, WM: "If she survives, it's something the fans love, obviously it's a core component of the show and if she pulls through and comes out of that explosion, there's no way we can't address that question." (SDCC, Jul. 22, 2017: Jul. 24, 2017 TooFab article, page 4 of New Spoilers thread)

-- On Olicity, MG: “We put them on a very specific trajectory at the end of season 5... It would be very schizophrenic for us to suddenly take them off that trajectory.” However, MG: “There is not a single romantic kiss between any two characters in the season premiere.” (Aug. 17, 2017 Entertainment Weekly article & tweet, page 5 of New Spoilers thread)

-- Interviewer then asked if we'll see more romance this season (fan question). MG: "This is a coy way of finding out about Oliver and Felicity... Yeah, there's definitely some romance this year. Definitely some romance this year. I'm being very coy about it. I'm going to be as coy as the question." (Video interview with MG in Sep. 6, 2017 Collider article, page 6 of New Spoilers thread and page 358 of Mind Your Surroundings thread) 

-- In their Arrow S5 Finale Podcast Commentary: MG: "Ump! There's our Olicity kiss." WM: "There it is. Twitter, go crazy - or went crazy. (Laughs) It did go crazy." MG: "Yeah, we, uh - we had all these thoughts and ideas and even some plans about the Oliver-Felicity relationship at the end of the season. But when we hit upon the - this whole Lian Yu gambit, um, we realized, there's really not going to be any time for, uh, a whole lot of lovey-doveyness." WM: "No, but we definitely wanted to bring it in for a landing and set up the fact that they had put their past behind them in, uh, episode [520] and here we - you know, we're back with [unintelligible words-their comfortable being?] back together." ... WM: "[Here's the scene] between, uh, Samantha and Felicity - and just putting to bed any sort of - our goal here was really to establish that there's no - we're not building a triangle of any sort whatsover, (MG interjects, "no") that Samantha has long left Oliver in the rear view. And we really wanted to set up that Felicity and Oliver - you know, it's obvious that they still have this chemistry and they're still in love with each other. And it's also fun - it's fun to put something like that, an observation like that, in the mouth of someone who's essentially an outsider [unintelligible word] to the team." (Sep. 19, 2017 ComicBook article and Sep. 20, 2017 olicitymafia tweet, page 1607 of Spoiler Discussion thread and page 240 of Starling City Times thread)

-- On Oliver and Felicity's journey this season, MG: "I will say this: There is absolutely no kissing in the season premiere. There is not a single romantic kiss between any two characters in the season premiere." (Oct. 5, 2017 Entertainment Weekly article, page 8 of New Spoilers thread)

-- On whether it is fair to say that they are going back down the Olicity path, MG: "I can certainly say this: We put them on a very specific trajectory at the end of season 5. I think it would be very schizophrenic for us to suddenly take them off that trajectory." (Oct. 5, 2017 Entertainment Weekly article, page 8 of New Spoilers thread)

-- On whether the S5 finale kiss between Oliver & Felicity was a launch point for the rekindling of their romance, WM: "I can say depending on the outcome of who dies and who doesn't, yes. That kiss was significant. I can't tell you much more than that, but we specifically wrote that in there as either a tragic ending or a really great beginning." (Oct. 10, 2017 TV Guide article, page 8 of New Spoilers thread)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5

I understand that it's probably a PR nightmare at the CW right now, but are they really not going to release any stills for 606 at all? 

Nevermind! Looks like they just remembered.

Edited by lemotomato
3 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Wow, did they really need all those Slade and Joe photos? 

There's eleventy of them and they're all the same. At least by the time I got to Dig and KA I was pumped for some change.

Looking at the photos, why was Oliver smart enough to disguise himself when he was following Felicity two episodes ago, but not when he went after Slade? I doubt the thugs will snitch on him to the FBI, but this puts the people in his life in harm's way. Say hello to your next abduction, William. Hope it sucks less than the last one.

3 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Looking at the photos, why was Oliver smart enough to disguise himself when he was following Felicity two episodes ago, but not when he went after Slade?

Because being with Felicity forces him to be smarter, while being with Slade...does not?

• Love 13
15 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Which post did he like? Maybe he's selling his character as the team's enemy.

My works wifi is being slow so I can't link but he liked some obviously Reddit dude bros tweet about how he hopes he snaps Felicity's neck and makes the show dark gritty and amazing again. Then went on to wax poetical about how he will save Arrow.

ETA:

Edited by LeighAn
  • Love 1

I don't expect him to be versed in Reddit, but maybe be aware of the current climate and not go straight for the female lead? Like, if it was a tactic, I'd say start with SA and wirk your way through the rest of the team.

• Love 5

Yeah because the only way to have this show be dark and gritty is by fridging yet another female  character. That would also be especially advisable during a season when the Arrowverse shows are having to answer questions about the treatment of women BTS on the shows.

10 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

My works wifi is being slow so I can't link but he liked some obviously Reddit dude bros tweet about how he hopes he snaps Felicity's neck and makes the show dark gritty and amazing again. Then went on to wax poetical about how he will save Arrow.

ETA:

It's not like Chase wasn't dark or gritty because he tortured Oliver and not Felicity. Not liking KAs "saving Arrow" stuff before he's even debuted on the show as well. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

Yeah because the only way to have this show be dark and gritty is by fridging yet another female  character. That would also be especially advisable during a season when the Arrowverse shows are having to answer questions about the treatment of women BTS on the shows.

It's not like Chase wasn't dark or gritty because he tortured Oliver and not Felicity. Not liking KAs "saving Arrow" stuff before he's even debuted on the show as well. 

I'm pretty sure all he saw was the glowing adulation. The implied violence against women is so easily overlooked when one is given such praise ?

• Love 7

I don't get why exactly they released that sneak peak today instead of tomorrow like they usually do. I'd get it if it was next week and the person putting these up had Thanksgiving off, but not this week.

13 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Judging by his likes, I think he likes about 90% of what people tweet at him.

And yet the same account also tweeted to him that he hopes he "kicks the shit out of Oliver" and got no likes from Kirk for his efforts. 

8 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

And yet the same account also tweeted to him that he hopes he "kicks the shit out of Oliver" and got no likes from Kirk for his efforts. 

Did I write somewhere that he liked all of his @s? Have you looked at them? Earlier he'd even liked a few accounts who were insulting him over a comment he made to Tomi Lahren. He's liked some of his own tweets. He doesn't seem to be super discerning is what I'm saying.

But maybe he does just have it out for Felicity specifically, and his true agenda has been revealed. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Did I write somewhere that he liked all of his @s? Have you looked at them? Earlier he'd even liked a few accounts who were insulting him over a comment he made to Tomi Lahren. He's liked some of his own tweets. He doesn't seem to be super discerning is what I'm saying.

But maybe he does just have it out for Felicity specifically, and his true agenda has been revealed. 

I wasn't having a go at you. I was merely making a snarky remark towards the account that tweeted and Kirk about the fact that Kirk liked a tweet against Felicity but not Oliver and that the dude bro Reddit troll didn't get alike for it. 

26 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I don't get why exactly they released that sneak peak today instead of tomorrow like they usually do. I'd get it if it was next week and the person putting these up had Thanksgiving off, but not this week.

There's a sneak peak?

6 hours ago, EmilyBettFan said:

There's a sneak peak?

I thought the scene with Slade and HisBoy upthread was a sneak peak, acontinuation of last week to be exact. My memory tells me that last episode ended with the reveal, not so much talking, but I definitely could have forgotten the actual episode ending.

Ignore the misleading headline - this article is about Diggle and Dinah (includes spoilers from Nov. 7 set interviews with DR and JH)...

This 'Arrow' Ship Will Never Happen, Sorry Olicity Fans
Sydney Bucksbaum    November 16, 2017
https://www.bustle.com/p/this-arrow-ship-will-never-happen-sorry-olicity-fans-5485226

Thankfully, both Ramsey and Harkavy are dead set on the fact that these friends won't take things to the next level, ever. Friends they shall remain. Phew!

"First of all, most importantly, Diggle is married, and in my opinion, they’re both very honorable people," Harkavy tells Bustle along with a group of reporters sitting in the Team Arrow bunker on set in Vancouver. "That automatically makes it a no at this point. I also think that their friendship is really special, because they’re not just friends, they’re teammates. That brings an intensity."
"People see us as teammates, we’re fighting, literally our lives are on the line together, and I think they assume that, because it’s so intense, there’s got to be something more there," she says. "And there is, but it’s not romantic. I mean, it’s your soldier. It’s your partner."

Calling their bond "a brother-sister relationship," it's clear that Harkavy doesn't see a Diggle-Dinah hook up in the future. The teammates can "be strong together" without things turning romantic, which is quite refreshing to hear for a male-female TV pair.

"She has compassion for him, and while she is such a hothead, she has a heart, and that's her friend and he's her brother," Harkavy adds. So even though Diggle's drug use and secret injury will cause waves for the team when it's all exposed, "she's not going to jump the gun and give him away and spill his secrets for him."

"She knows what the right thing is to do. She wants him to do the right thing," she says. "She's just being patient and has faith that he will."

Ramsey teases that the whole Diggle drug use arc is "a six episode thing."

"This is going to be a situation where Diggle’s life is threatened because of this," he tells Bustle along with a group of reporters on set. "The team has already been jeopardized by Diggle’s indecision, but it’s going to go further with his drug use." He promises that Diggle will come clean to his wife Lyla (Audrey Marie Anderson) and the rest of the team "around episode 6 or 7. It all comes to a head," he warns. "A tragic, tragic head."

Diggle has always been the moral center of Team Arrow, bringing Oliver to the light and keeping everyone honest, even "willing to stay in jail because of how he felt about killing his brother and how that lead to the death of the Canary," according to Ramsey. "This is a very moral man." So it's been quite a shock to see him not only putting his teammates in jeopardy out in the field but potentially hurting himself via illegal means. Ramsey is glad that Diggle will finally face what he's done and own up to his mistakes, but confessing to his wife, aka the head of covert government agency ARGUS, won't be an easy task.

"I don’t know what the theme of this season is, but it should be trust, because that’s going to be a recurring theme," he says. "There was some stuff we’re shooting today that was all about trust, so that theme is going to continue in the big reveal for Dinah and with Diggle’s story, Oliver, Felicity ... He’s never held secrets like this before."
So why now? What changed that made Diggle decide to keep such monumental, game-changing information from his team?

"I point to the importance that he holds, how important and relevant holding the mantle of the Green Arrow is to him," Ramsey explains. "The writers have put that nugget into the last season in the crossover, and it’s paying off now."

And with the news that Diggle and Dinah won't cross the line into relationship territory, at least one other favorite ship is coming back into play this season: Original Team Arrow (OTA), aka Oliver, Diggle and Felicity.

"You are [going to see more of that]," Ramsey reveals. "That becomes a big storypoint, their interactions together." Now that's an Arrow ship we can all get behind.

Edited by tv echo
5 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Ignore the misleading headline - this article is about Diggle and Dinah (includes spoilers from on set interviews with DR and JH)...

This 'Arrow' Ship Will Never Happen, Sorry Olicity Fans
Sydney Bucksbaum    November 16, 2017
https://www.bustle.com/p/this-arrow-ship-will-never-happen-sorry-olicity-fans-5485226

I didn't read it but why does that article apologize to Olicity fans? I'm confused.

Edited by Guest

Clickbait, I'm pretty sure. There's no logical reason why Olicity fans would want Dinah/Diggle when most of them appreciate the Diggle/Lyla pairing.

Even for clickbait, that's pretty egregious, LOL.

• Love 3

They seem to think/guess Olicity fans are hoping that Dinah/Diggle will get together so that there won't ben GA/NuBC. I'm a fan of both Olicity and Dig/Lyla and am more worried about Dig/Tinah than Oliver/Tinah, the only way the second pairing would happen is if Felicity was off the show and they went full on GA/Any!BC whereas they've shown a lot of Dig/Dinah scenes this season and whilst I don't think they're meant to be romantic JH doe seem to do her best to make everything SEXY! when she has screen time, and not just with Dig. She did it last season as well but it wasn't as annoying then for whatever reason. 

• Love 1

I haven't watched the sneak peek. My disgust at new guy didn't make me feel all that compelled but I like that Felicity's reaction to Mr. I'm the baddest most masculine villain ever is "Awwe Sweetie your so cute to think that your not generic"

• Love 1