Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

She probably would too, since she seems like someone that needs validation after doing something. I can see her standing there after saving someone with her hands on her hips waiting for them to thank her.

Edited by Sakura12

The EPs should have cut their losses, killed off a waste of a character i.e Laurel Lance, saved some money and hired a well known actor to play Ra's al Ghul.

Edited by abhi
  • Love 11

The "saving the world" quote reminded me of Buffy's tombstone epitaph (after she died to save her sister) - "She saved the world... a lot".  However, Buffy was a true hero.  Laurel is just Laurel.

The "saving the world" quote was, I think, a way to explain Laurel's motivation to become a vigilante and future Black Canary.  Probably, at some point, being a DA isn't going to be enough.

Edited by tv echo

I'm trying to be optimistic about Nables, he was Boss Johns in the Chronicles of Riddick which TBH I don't remember much, guess I'll rewatch. So far I've liked the unknowns they've cast like EBR and SA didn't have many acting credits either so I'll wait and see how Nable's portrayal goes before getting upset. I always keep in mind that they went for a "name" in KC and she's not exactly clicking for me. For the most part, I think this show has done a pretty good job on casting.

Edited by willpwr
  • Love 3

I'm not upset about Nables either, though I'm not a comic book reader so my investment is not as high. I only know him as a Rugby League player (that is one tough game),  and have never seen him act. However, I figure they must have auditioned him thoroughly and he must have impressed them to give such an iconic role to a 'no name'.  I often get upset at the casting when my favourite books are turned into movies/TV shows, but more often than not the actors do a much better job than I expected.  I'm hoping this will be the case.  I often think it's the writing and lack of continuity that has let 'Arrow' down, not the actors. They're not outstanding, but they're more than fine for a CW show.  They keep fridging good ones though, which is a worry. Then they sometimes bring characters back to life, which is an even bigger worry.

I have been a bit behind on spoilers. I must say that I'm disappointed that Felicity/Oliver are kissing so soon. It seems they're just trying to pull in viewers after a lacklustre back half of season 2 by putting that almost kiss in the promo. I honestly wanted to see her in a serious relationship with someone else (this Ray fellow maybe) and have that give Oliver pause. I don't mean a triangle or anything, but to have him realise he wants a relationship with her - even if he doesn't voice it.  It just feels rushed and I hope it doesn't ruin the Felicity/Oliver dynamic for the rest of the series.  I guess I have to wait and see how things play out.

It will be interesting to see if Sara is back with Nyssa since she had a very good reason to break up with her. KLaw is so memorable though, so I'm grateful to have her in any capacity.   What the heck is Quentin going to be doing this season?

Edited by insubordination
  • Love 1

mm when did that interview happen? IT doesn't seem recent. It seems like he hasn't really read any of the scripts yet in that interview.

Also apparently Roy had the second most deleted footage after Laurel .Thea is third. That's where Roy's story-line went! And Thea had a lot of deleted scenes with Oliver. 

Edited by ban1o

Yeah, there's another interview from the same source with EBR that seems like it must have happened pre-filming or at least pre-SDCC, because she talks about hoping we might meet one of Felicity's parents, but doesn't sound like she actually knows whether it will happen, for one example.

Yeah, there's another interview from the same source with EBR that seems like it must have happened pre-filming or at least pre-SDCC, because she talks about hoping we might meet one of Felicity's parents, but doesn't sound like she actually knows whether it will happen, for one example.

yeah I definitely don't think any of the interviews are recent. Because Colton has spoiled a lot more in interviews at SDCC and even before SDCC when he started receiving the script.. I think that interview is before he received the first script. All of what he says is just what he thinks might happen. Also Colton said he JUST watched the season 2 finale. Which makes it seem like it was taken in May. 

ETA: Ok yeah I just read EBR's interview. These are definitely from like the end of May. I wonder why the site just posted them now. 

Hmm did they kiss in the finale or was it in the script? What he said makes me think it was filmed then cut.

Yes that interview is months old by now. I remember he and EBR hinted at love triangles when they were in Europe.

I wonder when Oliver will get a new suit.

It might be from the time when EBR and Colton were on their European press tour! I know they stoped in GB and Madrid. 

Oh yeah that's probably it that was like in early June right? That makes sense. 

I'm perfectly willing to give Nables the benefit of the doubt until I can actually SEE his performance but my gut reaction to the casting was disappointment because I was really looking forward to Ra's and this announcement lessens my interest. I'm still going to watch the show even if he's terrible, since the fact of the matter is at the end of the day it's about Oliver and not Ra's al Ghul.

• Love 2

Hmm did they kiss in the finale or was it in the script? What he said makes me think it was filmed then cut.

It was filmed and it got cut. In another interview from the European tour Colton was asked which character he would want to be and he said "Oliver so he could film a certain scene with EBR that got cut from the finale." And then tumblr and twitter went in a frenzy over it and then the producers were basically forced to confirm that a kiss was filmed and then cut. 

Ra's first appears in ep 4, right? I wonder if it's just a small cameo. Also is Ra's really the big bad of season 4? I think they might be misleading us a bit. They never revealed the big bad of a season before the season premiered before. 

Edited by ban1o

Eh... I don't think Tumblr/Twitter forced to confirm the kiss was filmed. I think E!online confirmed it first 

nah I forget who but one of the writers or producers tweeted it first. 

Is Cupid going to be on both episode 6 and 7 on the show? I remember reading that somewhere but she seems like a weird choice for a 2 episode villain arch. 

Edited by ban1o

Oh! Well, maybe EBR was freaked out by the interviewer and thought it best to avoid a direct answer :)

That's not the interview I'm talking about lol. There's one interview where it's really clear it was filmed. But this isn't really spoiler and speculation talk. 

Edited by ban1o

I have been a bit behind on spoilers. I must say that I'm disappointed that Felicity/Oliver are kissing so soon. It seems they're just trying to pull in viewers after a lacklustre back half of season 2 by putting that almost kiss in the promo. I honestly wanted to see her in a serious relationship with someone else (this Ray fellow maybe) and have that give Oliver pause. I don't mean a triangle or anything, but to have him realise he wants a relationship with her - even if he doesn't voice it.  It just feels rushed and I hope it doesn't ruin the Felicity/Oliver dynamic for the rest of the series.  I guess I have to wait and see how things play out.

I think that kiss in the promo will be about the most we get with Oliver and Felicity till late in the season since everything goes bad 20 minutes into the episode.

Given what the EPs have been saying, that seems to be the intention with Ray, to provide Felicity with a serious alternative so that she can choose Oliver rather than being with him by default.  It's pretty ambitious, Ray will be Oliver's business rival, proto-vigilante and show what kind of relationship a guy can have with Felicity and they don't always hit the mark they think they are so we'll see.

It will be interesting to see if Sara is back with Nyssa since she had a very good reason to break up with her. KLaw is so memorable though, so I'm grateful to have her in any capacity.   What the heck is Quentin going to be doing this season?

Quentin will be on desk duty/administration because of his wounds, which according to Paul Blackthorne will be hard on him since he's always been a blue-collar 'out in the field' guy.

Nyssa is back, so if Sara is not back with her, she will be soon.  Not to mention, they need to separate her from Oliver as a love interest.

• Love 2

IT's weird season 1 barely had an DC comics characters as villain and now in season 3 every single episodes has a different DC character as a villain. 

Edited by ban1o
A Spartacus fan favorite is coming to The CW’s Arrow as a major supervillian.

Nick Tarabay (Star Trek Into Darkness) has landed a multi-episode role as Digger Harkness (aka Captain Boomerang), EW can exclusively report.

In the DC Comics, Boomerang/Harkness is a recurring foe of the Flash whose signature weapons are specialized boomerangs that he wields with incredible skill. On the page, he has also been associated with the Suicide Squad. On Arrow, Harkness will be a former A.R.G.U.S operative, highly skilled in martial arts and espionage, with a deadly thirst for vengeance against his former employers.

He's in episodes 7 and 8,along with CUPID.  I wonder if tht is where Lyla loses command of ARGUS.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/09/16/arrow-spartacus-captain-boomerang/

Between Nable and the cast of Spartacus, I'm starting to wonder if they have casting director Down Under.

Edited by statsgirl

IT's weird season 1 barely had an DC comics characters as villain and now in season 1 every dingle episodes has a different DC character as a villain.

I wonder if the confirmation that the show has a self-contained continuity away from the filmverse has anything to do with it.

I remained...worried that the only real spoiler of Thea is a future love interest. I'd say they're keeping her storyline under wraps except we know there's a Malcolm/Oliver scene in 304. Yet no mention of Oliver and Thea's relationship or if he finds out about her then.

And if so...kinda jarring to have Felicity's backstory ep following it with Stephen having 4 days off (I get it's needed for her character and may diffuse any possible tension in the story telling..but still)

I remained...worried that the only real spoiler of Thea is a future love interest. I'd say they're keeping her storyline under wraps except we know there's a Malcolm/Oliver scene in 304. Yet no mention of Oliver and Thea's relationship or if he finds out about her then.

And if so...kinda jarring to have Felicity's backstory ep following it with Stephen having 4 days off (I get it's needed for her character and may diffuse any possible tension in the story telling..but still)

I just hope they are keeping her storyline under wraps  because it's awesome and not because there isn't much too say. But yeah the only spoilers we have of Thea's story-line is that the Thea Queen who left Starling city is not the thea queen that returns" and that Merlyn and her have a messed up father-daughter relationship. The thing is Barrowman hadn't even read the script yet when he made the messed up father-daughter relationship comment so I don't know how much of that we'll see. I'm thinking the love interest will only be in 3 or 4 episodes as well so we really don't know much about her storyline at all. 

Edited by ban1o

I'm not worried about Thea at all, I think the twisted little family dynamic has a lot of potential, but obviously she and Oliver aren't going to have much of a relationship if/when she returns to Starling City. I'm going to enjoy her faking it with him while she and Malcolm plot together. Payback is a bitch Oliver, but I also think he will ally with Merlyn against Ra's and he and Thea will forge a new more honest and adult relationship. I wonder if Merlyn will make it out of S3 alive, I kind of think he should die, but I would miss Barrowman terribly.

But there is a LOT of cast bloat on this show, I hope they have a lighter hand with the amount of Sara, and Roy, and Laurel and Quentin. I will say this for OG TVD, they really knew how to juggle a large cast and give everyone good character development and story, without anyone feeling short shifted. 

I wonder if Merlyn will make it out of S3 alive, I kind of think he should die

I don't think he ever will...he's the primary villain of the series..he may go away for a while but he'll always show up again. 

Or actually he may for realsies bite it in the series finale (that or some confirmation that he and Oliver will always be enemies)

The big storyline for Thea will be her relationship with Merlyn, her training, hiding it from Oliver, Oliver telling her his secrets (SA said that one), and probably her decision whether to join Oliver or stay with Merlyn.  The DJ love interest looks like she's going to be running Verdant again.

Becuase it's so tied in to future developments in her relationships with Oliver and Malcolm, I don't think there is much they can spoil about it.

• Love 1

So, they are casting a Lebanese-American (Nick Taraby) as the Australian Captain Boomerang, and an Australian (Matt Nable) as the...well, not Lebanese but more arguably ethnic Ra's al Ghul? Makes perfect sense. To someone. I guess.

• Love 11

The print version of TV Guide has a spread about Arrow. It's mostly rehash of old interviews, but an interesting tidbit was included in the caption. In the third episode, Team Arrow goes to Corto Maltese to "track down Thea."

First page

Second page

ETA: Tried to post the actual pages but couldn't make it work :(

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 1

It is. And Mark Shaw appears in that episode. 

Who is Mark Shaw? In the DC comics, he is one of many who take on the Manhunter name. When the character makes his Starling City entrance, he will be an A.R.G.U.S. operative in Corto Maltese who crosses paths with Diggle.