Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

12 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Considering I didn’t think Felicity would even exist on Earth-X...

That Freedom Fighters thing on the CW seed, i forgot most of it, but there's refugees on Earth X so i assumed Felicity being one or part of the Earth X resistance in the crossover was plausible IMO 

Edited by Balaclava
typo
8 minutes ago, Balaclava said:

That Freedom Fighters thing on the CW seed, i forgot most of it, but there's refugees on Earth X so i assumed Felicity being one or part of the Earth X resistance in the crossover was plausible IMO 

To be honest I didn't think we'd get Earth X Felicity even though I knew about the Resistance. I just figured they'd use it to launch The Ray and showcase another version of Captain Cold.

I'm actually kind of excited by Earth X Resistance Fighter Felicity. I know the whole thing is touchy for some people but, I don't have a problem with Felicty dying (at the hands of Nazi's) as long as she takes some of those bastards out with her. 

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

To be honest I didn't think we'd get Earth X Felicity even though I knew about the Resistance. I just figured they'd use it to launch The Ray and showcase another version of Captain Cold.

I'm actually kind of excited by Earth X Resistance Fighter Felicity. I know the whole thing is touchy for some people but, I don't have a problem with Felicty dying (at the hands of Nazi's) as long as she takes some of those bastards out with her. 

Yes, i'm excited about Earth X Felicity too, i don't know if by the time we find out about her she's already dead or not but i think people should perhaps keep in mind that although there's nazis in the crossover maybe it's not about them at all but about those that fought or will fight and resist to take them down. 

I don't know if she dies at the hands of nazis, directly i mean, but it's nothing short of awesome is she dies protecting/trying to save Earth X refugees. Comes to mind all the people that did the exact same during WW2 and that didn't make it out alive. Those were true real life heroes.

I think that might turn out to be a pretty decent homage to the WW2 resistance, we'll see. 

Anyone here familiar with "The Man in The High Castle"? (novel or the show) I can see some things being similar in the Earth X world 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DrSpaceman10 said:

If Earth X Felicity gets killed by Nazis in the crossover, that's gross. It's so wrong to use Nazis for entertainment value. 

Who enjoys a Jewish character being (probably) killed by Nazis?!? 

Let me share a screen cap from more than a month ago.  Note the first comment.  The stuff in parenthesis only came AFTER I pointed out that the problem with rooting for Nazis might not lie with Felicity.  

5a07abd75d6b3_RedditrootingfortheNazis.thumb.PNG.0e0c96603d6ca79bcd76460af2e82843.PNG

1 hour ago, lemotomato said:

This actually makes me think of the fic @Mellowyellow wrote, where Earth X Oliver comes to Earth 1 to kidnap Felicity because his Felicity died.

Technically she made sure NOT to set it on Earth X.  :D

• Love 3

I think I'm just confused with that last pic since it looks like it's from an additional monitor used when filming/playbacks (it even has "rec" on it), so are they having a funeral in show? Given Stein really dying, I would imagine they wouldn't want to have two funerals, so it might be just a quick flashback/montage of resistance fighters/something like that rather than a full on character of E-X Felicity (like a quick shout-out to E-X Felicity like the LoT alternate universe cameo to just reference if she was important or did important stuff).

40 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Boo, I got all excited for Earth X Felicity ??

Real or fake, I wouldn’t rule out the possibility of seeing Earth-X Felicity.

(Also, real or not, I think I’m going to enjoy seeing Reddit when 2017 ends and Felicity doesn’t die after taking a glimpse over there.)

Just now, insomniadreams88 said:

Real or fake, I wouldn’t rule out the possibility of seeing Earth-X Felicity.

(Also, real or not, I think I’m going to enjoy seeing Reddit when 2017 ends and Felicity doesn’t die after taking a glimpse over there.)

Fingers crossed ?? for Earth X Felicity. 

That grave looks awfully elaborate to be fake but then I agree with way2interested that it's unlikely they'd devote all this time to two funerals. 

Also if X Felicity was in love with X Oliver she only died in 2017. That's not enough time for him to go mental and invade earth. 

I don't know what to think!!!! The dark love story stuff is confusing me! Even if XOliver is with XKara I wouldn't think it would be the focus of the crossover. More like Bonnie and Clyde and not so much "dark love story". Or is Wendy at her word salad best again?

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 1

It's not fake and now i''m 100% sure which i wasn't some hours ago but i talked to a few people i know.

And.....

Spoiler

There's a sword in the grave, it looks like Prometheus sword. Quick specs math, Earth X Oliver is not GA but Prometheus and Earth X GA is Tommy. 

9 minutes ago, Balaclava said:

It's not fake and now i''m 100% sure which i wasn't some hours ago but i talked to a few people i know.

And.....

Reveal hidden contents

There's a sword in the grave, it looks like Prometheus sword. Quick specs math, Earth X Oliver is not GA but Prometheus and Earth X GA is Tommy. 

Spoiler

So who is in love with Earth X Felicity (if anyone is in love with her at all)? Tommy or Prometheus (EvilOliver)?

1 hour ago, Balaclava said:

And.....

Hide contents

It's OK to post Spoilers or Spec without the bars, this whole thread is a Spoiler.

If Earth-X Oliver is Prometheus not GA what would that mean? They're both on the Evil/Nazi side going by the Poster. Unless Earth-X Oliver/Prometheus is a spy/double agent working for the Resistance because of Felicity?

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

Isn't that a sliver of light with tree leaves reflecting on the camera display and not a sword? You can see in the other pictures that there are poles up - and you can kind of see a pole in this reflection - I'm guessing they tented the back of the grave for whatever reason (maybe so people couldn't see what was going on from the street?).

imageproxy.php.jpeg

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

I'm going to side with the paps that if they say it's fake it's fake. Given they have access to call sheets I'd assume they'd know if there was a Felicity funeral scene especially since it looks to be filmed outside. 

And on the chance its real well... Felicity's not dying.

I don't think it's fake tbh. (But if it is fake, wow, get a damn hobby dude. That's so sad.)

It just seems to line up with the Nazi crap they're doing in the crossover. And killing off two Jewish characters (Earth X Felicity and Stein) just seems to be something these writers would do, IMO. IDK why they have an open grave with a gravestone though (admittedly, that is weird) but this is Arrow so I don't exactly expect it to be accurate.

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I don't think it's fake tbh. (But if it is fake, wow, get a damn hobby dude. That's so sad.)

It just seems to line up with the Nazi crap they're doing in the crossover. And killing off two Jewish characters (Earth X Felicity and Stein) just seems to be something these writers would do, IMO. IDK why they have an open grave with a gravestone though (admittedly, that is weird) but this is Arrow so I don't exactly expect it to be accurate.

Maybe the open grave is for Stein, they will just reuse same shots. 

I’m pretty sure they already had a gravestone in place at Laurel’s funeral, so I don’t think having one for Felicity proves anything. It certainly gives them a shortcut to show us whose grave it is rather than having to tell us.  

IThese are the same writers who forced Nyssa into marriage to show how evil R’as was so I have no trouble believing they’d kill Earth-X Felicity and E1 Stein to hammer home the evilness of the nazi doppelgängers.  

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, kes0704 said:

I’m pretty sure they already had a gravestone in place at Laurel’s funeral, so I don’t think having one for Felicity proves anything. It certainly gives them a shortcut to show us whose grave it is rather than having to tell us.  

IThese are the same writers who forced Nyssa into marriage to show how evil R’as was so I have no trouble believing they’d kill Earth-X Felicity and E1 Stein to hammer home the evilness of the nazi doppelgängers.  

Was Laurels funeral shown with an open grave? 

Canadagraphs @canadagraphs

1- Biggest give away, the fact that grave stones aren't made BEFORE the funeral takes place.
2- user claims it happened in XOVER, which everyone already knows didn't happen.
3- her character has filmed SINCE the XO ep, so yeah.

Of course it's not this Earth's Felicity -- but it doesn't rule out Earth-X Felicity.

4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Of course it's not this Earth's Felicity -- but it doesn't rule out Earth-X Felicity.

If I had to take a wild, wild guess I'd say there's probably a montage or something of Earth X Oliver mourning dead Felicity and throwing dirt on her grave (like she showed him how to do in 3x02), and the Star of David is on her coffin and not the headstone because they're on an Earth dominated by Nazi trash.

*This is me just hoping that E-X Oliver isn't an actual Nazi or is infiltrating them to avenge her death, fully realizing that HOPE IS USELESS AND STUPID

• Love 20

Ok so after sleeping on it I've decided to fret about this Dark Love Story business!

These are the same people who thought a version of Barry trying to kill Iris for an entire season was a good idea! He had the same memories as normal Barry too!

I liked being able to say "Thank goodness Oliver has never tried to kill Felicity." It will be an alternate version of him I guess so there's that but the involvement of the Flash writers worry me! 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I liked being able to say "Thank goodness Oliver has never tried to kill Felicity." It will be an alternate version of him I guess so there's that but the involvement of the Flash writers worry me! 

Lol if E-X Oliver kills E-X Felicity, then I guess the lesson that Oliver learns from a surprising source is don't do that?

• Love 9
8 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

Isn't that a sliver of light with tree leaves reflecting on the camera display and not a sword? You can see in the other pictures that there are poles up - and you can kind of see a pole in this reflection - I'm guessing they tented the back of the grave for whatever reason (maybe so people couldn't see what was going on from the street?).

imageproxy.php.jpeg

Someone told me it was a sword and at first i did thought it was just a weird light effect on the camera but after you read the same thing 20 times you start seeing things that are not there tbh.

I agree with Velocity23 about the grave possibly being used for both Earth X Felicity and Stein funerals 

Is it possible that we never meet the Earth X Felicity in the crossover? They could have the E1 characters meet up with the E-X resistance, and the resistance reacts to E1 Felicity's presence saying that they lost their friend earlier this year. Then when Stein dies, he is buried next to her.

Or...

Do we know for sure that Stein is dying? I know VG is leaving, but Legends is working on way to write him out that might not be a fake-out after all. Was the funeral filmed last month confirmed to be for Stein, or was it just assumed because the actor is leaving and wasn't seen to be attending? It could be that the E1 characters fight alongside the E-X resistance, grow close, and then attend the funeral of E-X Felicty. Stein leaves sometime before the funeral.

27 minutes ago, tv echo said:

From PB's "WTF am I wearing?" comments at Fan Expo Vancouver, I bet that Earth X Lance is a Nazi officer.

Yep, that was my first though.  Especially if he was called for costume before reading the script (although that order doesn't make much sense to me).

I'm fine with alternate versions of the characters being nazis if the intent is clear. I just have very little trust with this crew of creatives. Especially in our current environment. It's different from being in an alternate universe with nazis.  The X-files "Triangle" episode had a very clear line with the bad guys in nazi uniform and the good guys working against them.  Skinner was the only "good guy" in nazi uniform and he was shown as a mole.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Nijntje said:

Do we know for sure that Stein is dying? I know VG is leaving, but Legends is working on way to write him out that might not be a fake-out after all. Was the funeral filmed last month confirmed to be for Stein, or was it just assumed because the actor is leaving and wasn't seen to be attending? It could be that the E1 characters fight alongside the E-X resistance, grow close, and then attend the funeral of E-X Felicty. Stein leaves sometime before the funeral.

I don't want any version of Felicity to ever die but it will also wreck me when/if Stein dies just when he wants to go be with his family.  So if Stein is a fake out, I'd be cool with it.  

• Love 2

Based on the headstone pic (if it's legit), Felicity was born in 1989, which would make her now 28 years old, assuming her birthday is before November (two years older than EBR). Based on past headstone pics, Oliver, Tommy and Laurel were all born in 1985, and Sara was born in 1987.  So Oliver is now 32 years old (four years younger than SA), and Sara is now 30 years old (about a year younger than CL). While SA and EBR are 10 years apart in age, Oliver and Felicity are only 4 years apart in age.

In response to someone's question upthread, here are the crossover funeral spoilers:

-- LoT EP Phil Klemmer: "You'll be most surprised that Legends is capable of making our audience cry... I thought last season really leaned into the comedy and that season three we tripled down on that. There's some ludicrous moments. Things get bananas, and yet in this crossover, we have this thing that happens that will honestly move you to tears." Calling it "a testament to our actors that they can do this comedic, super rompy fun show that also has moments of genuine emotion," since the final episode of the crossover takes place as a LOT episode, expect some big heroic sacrifice or climactic last-second miracle save to really play with your emotions. (Nov. 10, 2017 The Hollywood Reporter article, page 10 of New Spoilers thread)

-- PKlemmer: "We also get to do the most tragic and heart-wrenching part of the story, which is weird ’cause normally we’re the funny show. We’re supposed to be the silly goofballs traveling through time, but just the way the story broke this year, we deal with the most heart-wrenching moment of [the episode]. The whole point of doing this show is doing something new every week, and with the crossover the new thing that we try on is tragedy." (Oct. 6, 2017 RottenTomatoes article, page 388 of Mind Your Surroundings thread)

-- On Sep. 25, 2017, papp tweeted: "Ya to be fair he doesnt seem like he wanted to stay on it" in response to fan who tweeted: "Awww Stein dies :(." (pursuit23 and karamelalways tweets, page 374 of Mind Your Surroundings threads)

-- On Sep. 26, 2017, papp tweeted: "Central City weddings & funeral." (lemon_buzz tweet, page 7 of New Spoilers thread)

-- On Sep. 26, 2017, the following was posted on Reddit: "EXT WALKING PATH - PUBLIC PARK (C.C., 2017) ... Post funeral parting of the ways..." (Reddit screengrabs in Soulfire post, page 1615 of Spoiler Discussion thread)

-- On Oct. 16, 2017, papp posted pics and report on LOT shooting mega crossover at Stanley Park. From papp report: "On this day, we caught Caity Lotz as Sara Lance and Dominic Purcell as Mick Rory shooting scenes with Arrow stars Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen and Emily Bett Rickards as Felicity Smoak, Flash stars Grant Gustin as Barry Allen, Candice Patton as Iris West, and Supergirl stars Melissa Benoist as Kara Danvers and Chyler Leigh as Alex Danvers. The scene the group was shooting was for the representatives from each group to seemingly say their good byes to each other after a funeral for LOT member and former Flash member Victor Garber as Dr. Martin Stein. Garber recently announced he was leaving the show to take on a Broadway role. ... The scenes seem to be divided into 4 or 5 smaller parts. ... A scene where Arrow, Flash & Supergirls cast are talking together & saying their goodbyes to Kara & Alex. Kara then pulls out a device she was given by The Flash member Cisco Ramon to transport between worlds. She then opens a portal and seemingly her and Alex go thru it, leaving the Arrow and Flash couples there to talk...and likely is the lead up to the wedding scenes. ... Another scene had the Arrow and Flash couples coming across the park with Kara to meet up with Alex, presumably just before the Supergirl sisters departure. ... We then saw a scene where Alex & Sara are walking along, alone together thru the park, before they are met by Mick Rory. The pair share a quick chat, before Sara and Mick leave together, leaving Alex alone watching them leave. ... Another scene saw all 8 cast in a scene together with the Flash, Supergirl and Arrow pairings all facing the Legends duo, before Mick turns and walks away. ... Eventually, the cast of Legends and Supergirl wrapped, and the production moved on with the cast of Arrow and The Flash for those other scenes I blogged about earlier." (Oct. 16, 2017 Canadagraphs article, page 8 of New Spoilers thread and page 398 of Mind Your Surroundings thread)

ETA: No promo pics for 606 yet?

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Just the other day, I was watching the scene where Nyssa introduced herself to Felicity and Felicity responded, "Felicity Smoak, MIT Class of 2009."  I was 21 when I graduated from college and most of my friends were 22, but I have no problem believing Felicity graduated at 20. That seems right, somehow.

• Love 3

I thought she graduated at 19 because she was/is a genius?

@tv echo if you have time could you pretty please with a cherry on top pull up the WM quote about how they will explore the Olicity love story of Felicity lives. I thought I saw something like that but now I'm not sure!

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I thought she graduated at 19 because she was/is a genius?

@tv echo if you have time could you pretty please with a cherry on top pull up the WM quote about how they will explore the Olicity love story of Felicity lives. I thought I saw something like that but now I'm not sure!

I am pretty sure either she or someone else says she graduated at 19. Maybe in a S1 episode of The Flash? 

Edited by leopardprint