Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

That guy just seems uber-smarmy and not in a good way.  Thea doesn't even need a love interest! She just found out her father is a mass murderer, that her brother and mother both knew and lied about( or withheld the truth) and saw said mother murdered in front of her eyes, and found out her boyfriend was keeping secrets. 

Look, hook up all you want Thea, take pleasure where you can but I take "love interest" to be an emotional attachment more than just a sexual partner.  Please let it just be a fling. 

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 6

When I saw this, I thought Thea's trajectory would be more bad ass and less Justin Beiber lite.  I am not sure if it is an official poster though.

tumblr_nbf7qnVzh41sr6d2do1_1280.jpg

That puts me in mind of the Mortal Kombat sequels, where they just kept adding more identical ninja guys, but giving them different coloured costumes.

So Felicity's new love interest is Blandon Routh, and Thea's is some kid who looks like Justin Bieber with Dawson Leery's hair? Are they trying to make Laurel more popular by having the other women on the show become complete idiots?

I wonder if anyone at the CW is aware that there is such a thing as a platonic relationship, which can be just as illuminating for a character as any amount of romance.

Edited by Danny Franks
  • Love 7

I wonder if anyone at the CW is aware that there is such a thing as a platonic relationship, which can be just as illuminating for a character as any amount of romance.

lol it's the CW 

So Felicity's new love interest is Blandon Routh, and Thea's is some kid who looks like Justin Bieber with Dawson Leery's hair? Are they trying to make Laurel more popular by having the other women on the show become complete idiots?

Wait...how does this make them idiots?

And, uh...Laurel has a new love interest too.

• Love 1

Thats why I really don't want Felicity and Ray to be a serious thing. I want Felicity to go the double date with Barry and at the end of the episode Felicity and Barry have a long talk about being in love with other people and how it can't work between them. Then Felicity can strike up a friendship with Ray, she can go on a date even sleep with him but I want her to realize early on that it isn't going to be more then friends and keep them friends. Really I just want her to interact with people outside of Arrow. 

I don't think it makes them idiots. I just think it can become unnecessary. Thea has too much on her plate for me to want a love interest for her. And Laurel's entire arc has been defined by a man, even the moments that should have been about her sister became about Oliver.   

• Love 3

Lame. I know people like to pretend that Arrow is so different from the usual CW fare, but in reality, the show is turning more and more into the standard CW soap opera. I wouldn't necessarily mind it if romance was one of the show's strong suits, but sadly, I find all of the romantic relationships on Arrow inauthentic. And now, it's probably only a matter of time until we get casting news for Roy's new love interest.

Edited by strikera0
  • Love 1

It's not idiotic in most cases. I think here Thea would not even WANT a love interest considering what she's been through.  I hope it's just a stupid compartmentalization of "love interest".  Maybe it's really a stalker who takes a shine to Thea and she lops off his head in a short time. :):)

I liked Roy and Thea even though he lied to her. They lasted the longest and were comparatively stable to others. Quentin should get a LI to spice things up.

Hmmm does it mean Sara and Nyssa are back together now?

I don't know where they're going with Ray and Felicity but I'll reserve judgement. It's kind of annoying because I actually wish Oliver was still broody broody don't know what I have in Miss Smoak. Except now he seems like an excited teenager who finally got a date with his crush. What a shame.

I'm with @10Eleven12, I just want to see Felicity's life outside of Oliver. They chose a LI so I'll just go with it. If they brought in just old MIT friends and former flames I would've been cool, but hey. I'll be glad to see how she is in a romantic relationship in the present.

• Love 4

You know, it's really worrisome how CW-ish the show's becoming. I did want a better love interest for Thea, but not immediately, and this guy's probably just a roadblock anyway. 

Guess I was right to call it quits... although it still depends on the Canary. If they ever decide to get rid of Laurel and let Sara take her rightful place, I'd be back in a heartbeat.

I had to read your post twice to get it :p But it seems as though the show is giving its characters love interests just as easily and as frequently as Oprah gave her audience gifts. Which was a LOT. 

I don't think Felicity has a choice when it comes to love interests. It's Oliver in the first episode but then they both shut that down after the first episode so the only choice she has is Ray. I do wish that they made her more independent rather than put her in a relationship, but I wouldn't mind seeing Felicity's life away from team arrow...

Laurel, I'm not sure who is going to be her love interest, I'm pretty sure it's going to be Ted but I'm not completely sure. But it's already obvious that Ted is going to be used as a plot device for Laurel, so that romance won't last long. 

Thea, she's the last person I wanted to have a love interest. Why couldn't she just focus on 'becoming stronger'? I wanted her to focus on being badass than being a part of a relationship. NO. 

There's just too many love interests on this show :/ 

tumblr_n200hzuSp71qch0kpo2_250.gif

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 1

For years comics have been known as soap operas for men. IMO this is less CW and more this is comics. Romantic relationships are part of the heroes/heroines journey, its been that way since Homer wrote the Iliad.  Its just how these things go. Honestly, I think Arrow would benefit from not having comic fans running it sometimes because they get so wrapped up in, "Oh, we could have this character" that they loose sight of the story and the characters.

I'm not impressed with the casting choice because he looks so young I can't imagine him bringing out a new depth in Thea but that's a personal preference. The writers could literally have characters back flipping into each others beds, long lost sisters/brothers falling out of the ceiling or dead people rising from the ground of every street corner as long as it brings character development, I'm good. That's what they lost in Arrow 2b and that's what I'm desperately hoping they figure out this season.

I'll hold off judging BR or this guy until I see what they are doing.  

Edited by Orion
  • Love 7

Will season 3 bring on some more moments for the original trio (Diggle, Oliver & Felicity) of Arrow? — Tony

Actually, that will become somewhat of a sore spot for Diggle this season as Oliver wants to keep him out of the field now that he’s going to be a daddy. “What’s Diggle’s identity?” executive producer Marc Guggenheim says. “Is he his own man, is he just Oliver’s sidekick, is he a father, is he a husband? He used to be a solider, now he’s a part of Oliver’s crusade. Is he going to end up at A.R.G.U.S.? He’s got some very hard choices to make.” Speaking of A.R.G.U.S., I hear there will be some new faces joining the Suicide Squad this season.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/09/05/spoiler-room-brooklyn-nine-nine-castle-hawaii-five-0-spoilers/

I'm baffled as to Thea having a new LI but I'm also more baffled as to why the show is adding more people to an already crowded cast.  Granted, all of the new faces are recurring - but that could mean 1-2 episodes or far more, like Sara last year.

The danger in that highlights some of the problems that plagued Season 2, in my opinion - too many characters, not enough character development of the ones I was particularly interested in, dropped storylines, gaps that had to be explained in interviews or via Tweets, etc.  The EPs admitted these were problems that they hoped not to repeat this season. 

Stephen Amell also called this season more 'intimate' - my assumption had been that more character development.  Now I think he was more literal...

I grew up with comics AND soap operas.  One was in print, had crazy costumes, imaginative circumstances, complicated relationships.  The other was the same but on TV.  *grin*  There are differences, of course, but not when it comes to relationships.  Revolving doors and re-runs - staples of comics and soaps.

• Love 4

That doesn't make me optimistic about Digg's arc. Not at all. Roy better not be Digg's replacement on the team. 

Oh hell no. I hope Oliver pushes Diggle away, Digg gets more involved with ARGUS but eventually tells Oliver to stop being an idiot and continues with Team Arrow. And there's no way Roy could replace Diggle. If anything, I think it would be good for Roy to have Diggle as a mentor as well as Oliver. Probably more than Oliver.

• Love 6

I'd rather see Diggle with Oliver and Felicity on Team Arrow business (and I agree he'd be a FAR more effective mentor to Roy, plus I think fanfic has spoiled me as to the potential for their snarky banter, so sure, throw Roy in there, too) than anything to do with A.R.G.U.S. and Waller.

So that spoiler is concerning.

But!  I'd also be OK with seeing Diggle with Deadshot, too. 

Basically, I just want a lot of Diggle stuff this season beyond his parenthood.  And I think Diggle has a lot more story options than just "Daddy Diggle" so I hope the show expands on his role.

• Love 4

I'm legit expecting them to have to do a couple of bottle episodes in non-Sweeps months to offset this trigger-happy casting of about eleventy hundred guest spots with possible recurring status.

[Then again, bottle episodes always end up being my favorite episodes on every show ever, so FINGERS CROSSED! *g*]

Edited by dancingnancy
  • Love 3

I guess I find comfort with the fact that Digg isn't lost without Oliver. He has a purpose and he will do whatever he can to fulfill his purpose whether that's with Team Arrow or ARGUS. If I had a choice though, I'd rather keep team arrow the way it is. Plus, David Ramsey said that he himself thinks Team Arrow is where Digg belongs (I'm totally paraphrasing here). 

I think my earlier theory is coming true. I think the writers are going to tear team arrow apart only to bring it back together by the midseason finale. it'll be painful, but team arrow will be stronger when they get back together. 

• Love 3

It's not the fact they have love interests that would make them idiots, but the choice of love interests. I thought that was blisteringly obvious in my post.

I usually pick up on sarcasm just fine, but I missed the "Blandon" Routh comment. I guess that wasn't blisteringly obvious. Thanks for explaining it so nicely!

I just don't have it in me to get worked up over one guy who I've seen on my screen for a grand total of three seconds and another that I haven't seen at all, both of whose roles are probably a little overstated for CW-level relationship hype.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 3

I usually pick up on sarcasm just fine, but I missed the "Blandon" Routh comment. I guess that wasn't blisteringly obvious. Thanks for explaining it so nicely!

I just don't have it in me to get worked up over one guy who I've seen on my screen for a grand total of three seconds and another that I haven't seen at all, both of whose roles are probably a little overstated for CW-level relationship hype.

I'm not worked up. I just enjoy making fun of shows when I think they're doing dumb things. It is the finest tradition of TWoP, after all. And Arrow is up there with the dumbest, even when I'm actually enjoying it.

• Love 2

I just don't have it in me to get worked up over one guy who I've seen on my screen for a grand total of three seconds and another that I haven't seen at all, both of whose roles are probably a little overplayed for CW-level relationship hype.

I'll be greatly relieved once the season starts and we can get worked up about the stuff that's actually happening on screen instead of mere speculation about it.

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 5
Actually, that will become somewhat of a sore spot for Diggle this season as Oliver wants to keep him out of the field now that he’s going to be a daddy. “What’s Diggle’s identity?” executive producer Marc Guggenheim says. “Is he his own man, is he just Oliver’s sidekick, is he a father, is he a husband? He used to be a solider, now he’s a part of Oliver’s crusade. Is he going to end up at A.R.G.U.S.? He’s got some very hard choices to make.”

I'm gonna take a wild guess here that "this season" means the first 3 episodes. The thing about Oliver trying to make Diggle quit happens in 301, and the ARGUS thing and making a choice between them and Team Arrow is in 303 when they go to Corto Maltese.

Edited by dancingnancy
  • Love 1

I'll be greatly relieved once the season starts and we can get worked up about the stuff that's actually happening on screen instead of mere speculation about it.

Same. Given the show's problems last season with juggling too many characters and storylines, the addition of all these new characters is worrisome, but who even knows if these potential love interests will become actual love interests or if they're also being brought in as accessories to further some other plot point (like Ray Palmer is with Oliver regarding QC). I'm loath to complain about it until there's actually something to complain about.

But! I'd also be OK with seeing Diggle with Deadshot, too.

Basically, I just want a lot of Diggle stuff this season beyond his parenthood. And I think Diggle has a lot more story options than just "Daddy Diggle" so I hope the show expands on his role.

This...especially more Diggle and Deadshot.

• Love 1

I'll take more Diggle and less Roy, please and thank you. I'm really hoping that they're only spoiling things about Daddy Diggle because anything else would be too revealing. He has become an essential part of the show, to me. There was a spoiler a while back about Diggle and the H.I.V.E story-line. If I can find it again, I'll link it.

Lol I was worried about it, but then with further consideration I was being kind of irrational lol. Everyone including the EPs and actors know that the one thing that makes the show work is the original team arrow and that team arrow is the heart of the show. So why would they tear apart the heart of the show indefinitely? That would just be pretty dumb. 

I'm okay with there being a little tension between the team members, I mean, they're all human. But I'm 100% sure Digg will come back! Or Oliver will beg for Digg to come back lol. 

Meh. That news about a love interest for Thea is so…blah. I've been watching the promo a few times and I got so excited when I paused it and saw Thea playing around with a sword. It looked like Malcolm was training her. I wanted all action not heart eyes for her. Did we really need another love interest? REALLY?

• Love 2

I'm okay with there being a little tension between the team members, I mean, they're all human. But I'm 100% sure Digg will come back! Or Oliver will beg for Digg to come back lol. 

Oliver's gotta learn his lessons.

Can you imagine if they go there all this drama with Daddy Dig and Oliver, they finally get to a good place and Oliver's kid shows up? The expression that Diggle would give Oliver would almost be worth it, 

So Cupid starts in a Roy Centric Episode and continues into a heavier Thea Episode (I'm assuming). Maybe Cupid really is after Roy, finds out about Thea, goes after Thea and Thea kills her? And maybe then Thea dumps the body to cover up her track?

Probably way off base but I would totally watch that. 

So Cupid starts in a Roy Centric Episode and continues into a heavier Thea Episode (I'm assuming). Maybe Cupid really is after Roy, finds out about Thea, goes after Thea and Thea kills her? And maybe then Thea dumps the body to cover up her tracks.

Ha now I'm going to be kind of disappointed if this doesn't happen. Or maybe Sara takes her out. Either way works for me.

I feel like i'm the only one who doesn't mind about the love interests.

I really doubt this guy Thea will like will be there for more than a handful of scenes, let alone more than a couple of episodes. I think it is way too early to assume that he is majorly significant, or that Thea is running the club again (although i wouldn't mind it in all honesty while she secretly works for daddy Malcolm). my take is that he'll come along, she'll get temporarily side tracked from her mission and by the end of the episode something will happen to make her realize why she took that mission in the first place.

really i have zero worries about him, as i have zero worries about Palmer (short and long haul), or any other love interests that are not part of the overall cast. the endgame pairings (barring something happens to one of the actors or they leave) are pretty clear to me: OliverxFelicity, RoyXThea, DiggleXLyla, LaurelXwhoever they bring on that she has actual chemistry with, NyssaXSara, Lance X some foxy woman (cause, as much as i love Alex Kingston, I need to see Lance happy and moving on).

Therefore i have no problem with some of the detours, when you consider the world they live in. but it has to be small! anything over a season for Oliver and felicity and i may end up throwing my phone at the computer screen. why? because i do think Arrow is different than most of the CW shows (to an extent) and so far i have been fairly satisfied with most of the decisions done on the show.

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 5