Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, Morrigan2575 said:

1 or 2 years at most.  Once you get later in a series run the contracts get shorter so as not to keep the network/studio on the hook.

Also isnt SA only contracted till s7? 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Jessie2009 said:

Does anyone know how long Ebr's contract was when she signed at the end of season 1?

Supposedly 3 years but I've heard from pretty good sources she renegotiated before S3 and again before S4. No idea what was covered, most suspect it was done to include crossover appearances but they probably lengthened the contract as well.

Despite the hopes/fears (depending upon fandom group) EBR isn't going anywhere. The Network/Studio/etc wants her and Olicity on Arrow and, EBR doesn't seem to have the ambition to strike out on her own.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, wonderwall said:

For season 6 the people who are definitely safe are: SA, EBR, DR, JH, RG, WH, KC, EK, PB who have been confirmed that they'd be coming back next season. 

For season 7 onwards I can honestly only see SA, EBR, DR being safe. Everyone else is a toss-up. 

I think they are all back too but do you really think MG would tell us they weren't (if that was the case) before 5.23 airs?

1 minute ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Supposedly 3 years but I've heard from pretty good sources she renegotiated before S3 and again before S4. No idea what was covered, most suspect it was done to include crossover appearances but they probably lengthened the contract as well.

Despite the hopes/fears (depending upon fandom group) EBR isn't going anywhere. The Network/Studio/etc wants her and Olicity on Arrow and, EBR doesn't seem to have the ambition to strike out on her own.

Do you know how long her contract would have been after season 4?

4 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

I think they are all back too but do you really think MG would tell us they weren't (if that was the case) before 5.23 airs?

He could simply choose not to answer those Qs on Tumblr? He could have chosen to not answer any questions about series regulars/storylines for next year.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, insomniadreams88 said:

He could simply choose not to answer those Qs on Tumblr? He could have chosen to not answer any questions about series regulars/storylines for next year.

I don't disagree. 

(edited)

Not really any spoilers, other than them saying: "Oliver Queen is celebrating a birthday so Team Arrow throws him a nice little party complete with a Green Arrow cape which is adorable, guys. You're going to want to see it to believe it, trust. It's really really cute."

Edited by Soulfire
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Sunshine said:

I dont think he would tell us but i dont think he would say they are coming back. He'd just ignore it. 

• Love 1
Just now, lemotomato said:

I know he said "cape" (at least that's definitely what I heard too), but I wonder if he meant "cake". 

Oh, trust me, I listened back to it a few times and definitely heard "cape" more often than not, so at this point, I'm just going with context clues, ha.

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, Jessie2009 said:

Does anyone know how long Ebr's contract was when she signed at the end of season 1?

I heard the contract was for 6 years, which makes sense since it would bring her up to the end of s7 which is what SA is contracted for.  SA, CD and KC were all given 7 year contracts when they signed on to the show.  Poor Colin Donnell, he must have thought he had it made only to be killed off in s1.

Edited by statsgirl
2 hours ago, way2interested said:

Think he means "cake," going with MG's whole joking about it being the most awesome cake.

You are correct - he (Hector) clarified on Twitter that he meant to say cake.  And that "It's the best."   That must be some cake. 

• Love 2
(edited)

It's seems unlikely but it would be kind of awesome if they used a Lord Mesa drawing.  

I am at least expecting a kids B-Day cake.

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Now I'm expecting the producer's preview to just be WM talking for 2 minutes about this cake. 

She could slice off a piece of it and eat it while she talks and she'd probably make more sense than she usually does. 

• Love 12
(edited)

I'm guessing the cake is some sort of easter egg. Perhaps made of chilli? (that's the limit of my comic book GA knowledge, he's got awful facial hair and likes chilli) 

Edited by leopardprint

According to MG's latest batch of Tumblr answers, the ravaging line was a joke, and one real line of Olicity dialogue from the party is, “This is hard for you, isn’t it?” I am happy with how this turned out. 

Also mildly disappointed that the island flashback actually do take place shortly before Oliver's "rescue". Meh.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, bijoux said:

According to MG's latest batch of Tumblr answers, the ravaging line was a joke, and one real line of Olicity dialogue from the party is, “This is hard for you, isn’t it?” I am happy with how this turned out. 

Also mildly disappointed that the island flashback actually do take place shortly before Oliver's "rescue". Meh.

But then how does he heal from those burns so quickly? I didn't miss him getting them when I wasn't paying attention to the flashbacks, did I?

10 minutes ago, Hiveminder said:

But then how does he heal from those burns so quickly? I didn't miss him getting them when I wasn't paying attention to the flashbacks, did I?

Even more than scars, how does his mental state in the pilot match where he is at in the flashbacks? Are two days really going to send him into sleeping on the floor with the windows open and trying to strangle his own mother when she attempts to wake him? 

But I'm trying to let it go since the show obviously has.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, bijoux said:

I like this. Oliver being at the center of attention at a party in his honor is probably not his most comfortable place. MG also said we'd find out why Oliver initially thought he was going to Felicity's loft, and that this ep's Olicity moment happens during the party (which makes me think if a kiss is coming, it's in 523).

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, bijoux said:

Even more than scars, how does his mental state in the pilot match where he is at in the flashbacks? Are two days really going to send him into sleeping on the floor with the windows open and trying to strangle his own mother when she attempts to wake him? 

Their ambitions outstripped their talent. 

Edited by Hiveminder
  • Love 3
(edited)

I think the cake stuff is something that started as MG's joke and just got way out of hand.  As things do in this show and its fandom.

The inside joke may be just that it's green and Felicity put arrows on it.

4 hours ago, bijoux said:

It must be like an impossible task to get the ends of the mobius loop to match up. When they wrote the pilot, they wanted to show a super-damaged and robotic Oliver, hoping but not necessarily expecting to get five seasons of the show.  They probably weren't thinking how to get there.

Their real failure is this season, to not look at those scenes and put Oliver back in that place.  Maybe they thought viewers wouldn't like seeing Oliver descend to there?  I'm torn; while I would have liked to see Oliver go down there, I do like the Oliver/Anatoli comic duo in the flashbacks.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I think the cake stuff is something that started as MG's joke and just got way out of hand.  As things do in this show and its fandom.

The inside joke may be just that it's green and Felicity put arrows on it.

It must be like an impossible task to get the ends of the mobius loop to match up. When they wrote the pilot, they wanted to show a super-damaged and robotic Oliver, hoping but not necessarily expecting to get five seasons of the show.  They probably weren't thinking how to get there.

Their real failure is this season, to not look at those scenes and put Oliver back in that place.  Maybe they thought viewers wouldn't like seeing Oliver descend to there?  I'm torn; while I would have liked to see Oliver go down there, I do like the Oliver/Anatoli comic duo in the flashbacks.

I agree that they weren't necessarily thinking ahead when they made they pilot. Also, they might have lost their nerve. I'm sure the events necessary to believably get Oliver to where he is in the pilot would have been difficult to watch, like an extended version of his capture by Chase probably with some added unsavory actions on Oliver's part. They might not have wanted to go there. 

• Love 1

Could also be that he had a bad time readjusting, just being home again - he did go through terrible stuff, even if not as terrible as the pilot let us think.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, bijoux said:

We don't know what happens in the final two episodes. His first night back (pilot) could be reliving nightmares from whatever Kovar does to him on the Island. 

He obviously has some sort of vision/hallucination of Yao Fei maybe that's what leads to his S1 mission driven, no time to let people in attitude.

Granted, I think the problem is trying to tie 523 to 101 especially since 101 was designed to be cagey about Oliver's time on the Island.

(edited)
13 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Granted, I think the problem is trying to tie 523 to 101 especially since 101 was designed to be cagey about Oliver's time on the Island.

I agree with this and I actually think they never should have involved Talia in this part of his journey. Oliver's five years away and his return to Star City has been reduced to basically ping ponging around fulfilling various promises and obligations to random women (Waller, Talia, BadAccent...) for "reasons". Oliver, take ownership of your life! Also, the writing rarely allows Oliver to take ownership of his bad decisions and the consequences that follow.

ETA: Sigh...yes Oliver and Diggle definitely leave Felicity alone in the unsecured bunker while the team is being picked off...sigh 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 4

...maybe it's just me, but the way they played Felicity loosening Oliver's tie scene...the looks they had and the tone...the subtext really did read:
“Kick everyone out of here so I can ravage you”...even though it wasn't said...

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

ETA: Sigh...yes Oliver and Diggle definitely leave Felicity alone in the unsecured bunker while the team is being picked off...sigh 

If everyone else is gone, who's supposed to protect her?

• Love 1
(edited)
11 minutes ago, ComicFan777 said:

...maybe it's just me, but the way they played Felicity loosening Oliver's tie scene...the looks they had and the tone...the subtext really did read:
“Kick everyone out of here so I can ravage you”...even though it wasn't said...

It was a nice touch by EBR --

Edited by Soulfire
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Since she pops out in the bunker with that big-ass gun (when she tells Oliver to freeze or whatever), seems like maybe she either wanted to stay behind on her own, or Oliver and Diggle left her down there with the gun so she could protect herself?

• Love 17
(edited)
19 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Oliver or Diggle? (assuming the preview isn't cut out of order, but they aren't missing yet) 

Chase has been doing the same thing since 516, I feel like they should be prepared for him to kidnap people by now? He's really not ten steps ahead, it just seems that way because Oliver is just turning in circles. 

(Unless they are going to set him up Slade style, crossing fingers)

Edited by leopardprint
(edited)
Just now, leopardprint said:

Oliver or Diggle? (assuming the preview isn't cut out of order, but they aren't missing yet) 

I just meant in the case that say the 3 of them is all that's left, but they still have to go out and try to find Chase/clues, it's a choice between leaving Oliver alone to go and find him (leaving Diggle and Felicity to both be kidnapped) and leaving Felicity alone with a ton of weapons while Oliver has backup to take down Chase/Black Siren/whoever, so eh? I don't really care, tbh, it's the normal OTA set-up, so it doesn't bother me.

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, way2interested said:

I don't really care, tbh, it's the normal OTA set-up, so it doesn't bother me.

Haha, my patience with Chase's shenanigans is like zero right now. 

I was thinking they bring her with them I guess since everyone else was taken when they were alone (all with combat skills). I bet there is a line about the bunker being resecured or something. 

1 minute ago, leopardprint said:

Haha, my patience with Chase's shenanigans is like zero right now. 

At this point I'm just more annoyed (not really annoyed annoyed, but curious) at trying to figure out Chase's endgame from all of this. Like, what does kidnapping everyone do?

EBR does tipsy so well.

When this season is over, #1 priority should be securing the bunker from all the villains walking in  with a free passcard.

2 hours ago, Hiveminder said:

I agree that they weren't necessarily thinking ahead when they made they pilot. Also, they might have lost their nerve. I'm sure the events necessary to believably get Oliver to where he is in the pilot would have been difficult to watch, like an extended version of his capture by Chase probably with some added unsavory actions on Oliver's part. They might not have wanted to go there. 

I for one don't want to see more physical torturing of Oliver, including what we're about to see Kovar do.  Let's keep it all on a psychological basis.

Hmmm I'm starting to think a reunion won't officially happen till 5x23 now boo. I loved the preview scene, there were definite heart eyes and flirty flirt but it doesn't feel like a reunion scene yet. Oh well what's another week :) 

8 hours ago, Soulfire said:

From the Producer's Preview; Felicity loosening Oliver's tie --

tumblr_oq2491Won61tiq97xo2_500.gif

tumblr_oq2491Won61tiq97xo1_500.gif

tumblr_oq2491Won61tiq97xo3_500.gif

SIGH these idiots LOL Oliver wants more than her loosening his tie . Them and Bughead From Riverdale I'm just shipping so hard 

• Love 4