Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

One of the things that makes me question him being around past 509 is Tina coming in in 511. Would they have 2 recurring detective characters? Maybe it's just me, but I don't see that happening. 

I also fear if he's around in 5B that Felicity's arc will somehow involve him because so far the EPs have just said it doesn't involve Oliver, right? 

Not be about him. But involve him in some way. I think my main concern right now - for everything coming up - is that there are too many characters around and they're going to have to figure out how to use everyone. (Which is why I was glad to hear Talia's in the flashbacks and it looks like Evelyn's gone soon.)

Also, I will honestly be annoyed if they have him and Felicity in a relationship for more episodes than they had Oliver and Felicity together, even if it's in the same capacity we've seen them thus far in 5A. 

• Love 5

Tbh it sounds to me like TR basically puts more thought into Billy than the writers do and is mostly just filling in the blanks in that interview and making the character sound way more relevant and fleshed out than he actually is on the show. I really think he's gone after 5. 09 and i think it's more likely that he's evil and working with Prometheus than that he dies heroically saving Felicity or something. I just don't see them resisting the dumb twist of making the normal, regular guy Felicity is dating turn out evil lol. 

Edited by tangerine95
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Velocity23 said:

Especially if they are looking up a new cop.

Do they go looking for Tina in another city? Did I miss that news/spec? Because I'm going to be amused if they just give up on SCPD and take it upon themselves to recruit elsewhere. Although I don't think anyone in their right mind should ever choose to move to Star City/not move away... 

Honestly? I kind of hope that they have some twist with Malone planned for 509 because I think TR deserved more than they gave him. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Do they go looking for Tina in another city? Did I miss that news/spec? Because I'm going to be amused if they just give up on SCPD and take it upon themselves to recruit elsewhere. Although I don't think anyone in their right mind should ever choose to move to Star City/not move away... 

Honestly? I kind of hope that they have some twist with Malone planned for 509 because I think TR deserved more than they gave him. 

I know Oliver and Felicity go searching for a "new Black Canary" from the paps, but idk if it was confirmed to be Tina exactly or not, especially since I think this is in the same episode that has KC back as Black Siren (510), which I think might have something to do with their searching more than searching specifically for Tina.

And I've got to think something is up with Malone personally. I mean, they set it up: someone in SCPD connected to Prometheus, him knowing about Prometheus and being the one to first tell Oliver, his non-reaction to Felicity working for the GA, 509's plot being about Prometheus trying to take out the members of the team and Felicity and him investigating/discovering something important (which, in TV fashion, usually something bad happens whenever someone tries to investigate something by themselves). It's there if they go that way. 

I keep thinking there has to be more to Malone than bland detective, because otherwise he doesn't seem to serve any purpose.  He isn't even really necessary as an SCPD resource because, as we have seen in previous seasons, there are other ways to obtain that same information/evidence.

I will be disappointed if bland good guy is the sum total of his character.

• Love 2

It would make sense to me that Oliver and Felicity go looking for a new cop in 510 because they've lost their connection to Malone in 509, either because he's dead or because he's working with Prometheus.  Turning into the latest iteration of Canary is just a bonus.

53 minutes ago, tangerine95 said:

Tbh it sounds to me like TR basically puts more thought into Billy than they writers do and is mostly just filling in the blanks in that interview and making the character sound way more relevant and fleshed out than he actually is on the show.

Thus joining EBR, DR, SA and PB as actors who put more thought into their characters than the writers do.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, insomniadreams88 said:

56 minutes ago, way2interested said:

I know Oliver and Felicity go searching for a "new Black Canary" from the paps, but idk if it was confirmed to be Tina exactly or not, especially since I think this is in the same episode that has KC back as Black Siren (510), which I think might have something to do with their searching more than searching specifically for Tina. 

The Tina and new BC spoilers are confusing...

According to papps, Oliver & Felicity are searching for a new BC in 510. Canadagraphs tweeted that there will be a new BC, but that she's not Laurel, Sara or Evelyn. Canadagraphs also tweeted that Laurel will return as Black Siren, and not Black Canary, for at least two episodes. WM said that Laurel (KC) would be back in 510.

According to SA, Tina is a character that the team tracks down, who's operating in another city, and that this happens when they get back from the break, around "510, 511." However, we know that JH was cast as Tina to appear in 511. We also know that Tina is a detective formerly of Central City. We also know that MG tweeted a pic of a "Hub City Prime Development Potential" billboard sign, which included "511" in lower right corner.

So how 510 leads to 511 (if at all) is unclear.

Edited by tv echo
20 minutes ago, tv echo said:

According to papps, Oliver & Felicity are searching for a new BC in 510. Canadagraphs tweeted that there will be a new BC, but that she's not Laurel, Sara or Evelyn. Canadagraphs also tweeted that Laurel will return as Black Siren, and not Black Canary, for at least two episodes. WM said that Laurel (KC) would be back in 510.

That's not correct, read through his twitter feed.

That's all he says, KC is in 2 episodes, not that KC as BS is in 2 episodes. It's obvious he's talking about 8 and 10 since those were filmed at the time of his tweet.

Pretty sure as an Olicity fan I'm not going to like it.

I think whether I like the dream world in the crossover all comes down to execution.  If it's Oliver and Thea at first happy with their parents alive and not aware that this isn't their normal life but gradually realizing it's all wrong, I'll probably like it just fine, even the part where Ray is married to Felicity (it would be Ray's happy place, not Felicity's or Oliver's) but if they make Oliver wish this really had been his life, I'm going to get a bit ragey.  

All I need as an Olicity fan to like it is Oliver showing some awareness of Felicity.  I'm already sure he's not going to regret not getting to marry Laurel.  He can still be sad that she didn't get her happy ending, so I'll be fine if he says nice things to the dream Laurel but as long as they are clear that this isn't the life he's fighting to stay in, I'll be fine.  Maybe I could wish for more, but I won't hate it.  

• Love 9

It all depends. The set up is there. I think a What if works well for a 100th, especially with a season theme of legacy. But I think certain things have to be shown and I'm just not sure they will.

Considering, according to what I remember of the photos, Laurel doesn't look particularly happy in any of the ones with Oliver, especially what we assume to be the farewell ones, I doubt he's going to be declaring any undying love. 

Also, he apparently never even gets dressed for the wedding, so...

Edited by insomniadreams88
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Judging by the episode stills of the Oliver and Laurel scenes, SA's NOtp face is in full effect.

Hehe it's only a side shot so I'm going to assume no stank face until I see one straight on. 

Any theories as to why Oliver is running around in casual clothes? It's all very intriguing since everyone is so dressed up or maybe the pics are just from scenes where he hasn't changed yet.

I wonder why Felicity is wearing the same dress and necklace as 307. They've changed her clothes in almost every scene in season 5 to the point where it's silly so I'm assuming they aren't doing this to save on the wardrobe budget.

2 hours ago, Chaser said:

It all depends. The set up is there. I think a What if works well for a 100th, especially with a season theme of legacy. But I think certain things have to be shown and I'm just not sure they will.

I think since it's an alien constructed dream with multiple real people sharing the same dream world it becomes something with more fluid rules than a true "what if" so I'm ok if it's kind of a weird hodge podge with massive holes in it's logic.  

28 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I wonder why Felicity is wearing the same dress and necklace as 307. They've changed her clothes in almost every scene in season 5 to the point where it's silly so I'm assuming they aren't doing this to save on the wardrobe budget.

Either it will be something that triggers awareness in Oliver or it was a memorable look from Ray's point of view since that was the night that he apparently started seeing her like that.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 4

So we will be getting a new character's backstory. Stephen says that after talking about a scene between PB and RG. So we will be expanding the newbies worlds. I think that probably makes you all very happy ;p

What kind of shirtless scenes are there to film if it is not a workout scene? Fight, injury or sex scene. How wonderful. 

I just wish all of them stopped talking altogether. Seriously, nothing that they are selling sounds at all appealing. 

Edited by Belinea
Just now, Morrigan2575 said:

I kind of hope it's Rene, I'll take Rory as well.

I thought he was referring to Tina with that, but other than that I think that it would be Rene since the other characters already got a bit of insight into their backstories (Evelyn's an orphan, Rory wants to honor his dad, Curtis has his unsuspecting husband). Plus, RG has mentioned diving into Wild Dog's background more than once.

4 minutes ago, way2interested said:

I thought he was referring to Tina with that, but other than that I think that it would be Rene since the other characters already got a bit of insight into their backstories (Evelyn's an orphan, Rory wants to honor his dad, Curtis has his unsuspecting husband). Plus, RG has mentioned diving into Wild Dog's background more than once.

He starts to answer the question talking about the noobs we already know about. He then talks about reading a scene between Rene/Lance and then finally talks about a flashback for one of the new characters. 

I don't even understand how Tina comes into it.

Also a good ppossibility that its DA Chase, since they haven't actually revealed that Chase = Vigilante yet.

Edited by Morrigan2575
5 minutes ago, Belinea said:

I just wish all of them stopped talking altogether. Seriously, nothing that they are selling sounds at all appealing. 

Have you considered stopping following their interviews and sound bites? I'm not trying to be dismissive, I swear. It's just that, personally, quitting producer's interviews, has helped me. I find that I enjoy the show I see on screen more than what they're promoting. I don't expect any of them to stop talking, after all it's their job to promote the show. Now, some (myself included) may think they're doing it poorly, but it is what it is.

• Love 3
Just now, bijoux said:

Have you considered stopping following their interviews and sound bites? I

I am getting there... For some reason it is taking me awhile because I really enjoyed the show despite all its obvious flaws and now I am hoping against hope it will get better but I am losing that hope. I don't know why I find it so difficult. Maybe because I have nothing really to replace it with at the moment. 

Just now, Morrigan2575 said:

He starts to answer the question talking about the noobs we already know about. He then talks about reading a scene between Rene/Lance and then finally talks about a flashback for one of the new characters. 

I don't even understand how Tina comes into it.

I ultimately do think it's Rene, but I just have a knee-jerk reaction to them being vague about the new people now to keep the secret of Tina being a new member of the team coming in instead of just being a new cop like the character release said. It's probably wrong (especially since I didn't see the context of what he was saying besides him saying "a new character's background" yet, so yeah in the context he totally probably means Rene), but it's just a me thing.

• Love 1

About how the Olicity fandom is supposed to keep supporting the show... you're not gonna like the answer... #HVFF #SheCouldBeDead pic.twitter.com/2zFGoSDmRg

— Em @ HVFF (@Olicityibelieve) November 20, 2016

Wow... I'm surprised by how infuriated I am by that answer. His very tone is so condescending, and the way the crowd cheers him on is annoying. It's basically like "you should be grateful as fans of the show that we didn't kill her unlike the many other female characters who didn't work as love interests (and therefore had no purpose to the storyline anymore)." 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, popgoesculture said:

Wow... I'm surprised by how infuriated I am by that answer. His very tone is so condescending, and the way the crowd cheers him on is annoying. It's basically like "you should be grateful as fans of the show that we didn't kill her unlike the many other female characters who didn't work as love interests (and therefore had no purpose to the storyline anymore)." 

I'd love to hear what the actual question was - I don't think I've ever seen him respond to a fan like that. The second half is about what I would've expected him to answer when asked a question about Olicity and IMO isn't bad at all. The first half though, is...yikes. 

6 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Now, some (myself included) may think they're doing it poorly, but it is what it is.

Yeah, I've given a lot less attention to the interviews and am able to enjoy them more. But, even given that, I actually liked 90% of SA's teases and answers (100th episode OTA scene, future shirtless scene, character backstory/flashbacks, Felicity 5b storyline)  

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I'd love to hear what the actual question was - I don't think I've ever seen him respond to a fan like that. The second half is about what I would've expected him to answer when asked a question about Olicity and IMO isn't bad at all. The first half though, is...yikes. 

• Love 1

I always get what I want from TV shows, Steve. ALWAYS. 100% of the time. Because I always watch TV while having a foot out the door. And I always have stop points picked, that give me EXACTLY what I want, thought out in my head. Stop points that work as a series finale if/when I quit the show. I curate my entertainment so well, that I never not get what I want.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 8

I don't get why give an answer as dismissive as that.He literally said in another answer how Oliver wants to be with Felicity so just say it's a journey, as long as there's love  there's hope for them etc.

It's just unrealistic imo to give olicity so much focus as a romantic relationship, use them to promote the show more than anything and then expect the fans to be fine with their relationship being ignored and basically telling them they need to care about other things on the show. I feel like there's bitterness from people like MG and SA when they give answers like this about the fact that the new all about action, romance is icky arrow wasn't all that well accepted.It's like they expected to be able to dictate what people will care about instead of knowing they're lucky they have aspects of the show people get so invested in at all.

Edited by tangerine95
  • Love 24

I wouldn't have a problem with that answer if I was getting what I want from the rest of the show.  But right now, I'm getting nothing.  Nada.  Even what Felicity used to do, her incredibly hacking and computer skills, she now needs Curtis to help her.

Those people excited about, or even interested in the newbs have that to watch. Those who like fights and vigilantes! masks! flashbacks! have that to watch.  Diggle and Rene bonding!  Who is Prometheus! Thea helping Quentin get sober!

Watching Felicity and possibly Oliver date someone else would be a turn-off for me even if I was enjoying other parts of the show but I'm not.

I think they've been listening so hard to people who love this season that they can't hear the people who are disappointed with it.

• Love 5

I feel like there's bitterness from people like MG and SA when they give answers like this about the fact that the new all about action, romance is icky arrow wasn't all that well accepted.

What gets me is that if they'd left Oliver and Felicity together last season or just gone ahead and let them get back together early in this season, they could've de-emphasized the romance aspect of the show by simply giving the couple a committed, no-drama relationship. But no. They made the decision to add in a boyfriend for Felicity and a stalky reporter for Oliver. That's why people are talking about the romance. They did it to themselves and now they're pissy about it. 

Dumb.

• Love 20

I think the problem began with the interviews before the season began and even now. 505 is an Olicity episode. Oliver and Felicity talked over the summer. They're too busy for a relationship. We'll see where the chemistry takes us. Felicity and Havenrock will be explored. It's back to basics. You're going to like Oliver and Susan's dynamic. 100 is a love letter to the fans. We're moving away from the romance (but here, have new love interests and you're going to like them because we say you will.) 

There's too much of them telling us what we're going to like about the season and it's not what I'm seeing in the episodes.

So even being told that there's something coming up for Felicity in 5B doesn't help because of how I'm seeing them treat her character now. And I'm going to be tentatively optimistic but leaning towards more realistic/pessimistic about OTA in 100. (My guess/hope? Something between the 3 after Oliver and Diggle escape the dream world.)

• Love 11