Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

The crossovers sound really boring. It's like a little boy took those plastic figures of masks and costumes and is playing out a battle with them.

It wouldn't even be interesting if Vandal attacked Kendra during her date with Cisco. And Felicity, Thea, Laurel and  Diggle working with Team Flash to come up with a weapon? No, thanks, because really, what are Thea, Laurel and Diggle going to do?.  It's like there are the cool kids, and there is the B team.

And again, Malcolm gets squeezed in just to use Barrowman.

• Love 10

These crossovers sound boring as hell...

Honestly, this was my first thought as well.  Not a good sign. 

Meanwhile, Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards), Thea (Willa Holland), Diggle (David Ramsey) and Laurel (Katie Cassidy) work with Team Flash to come up with a weapon powerful enough to destroy Vandal Savage.

Which we already know will fail to do.  I'm sure right about when they are ready to give up, Rip Hunter shows up. 

It could still turn out to be packed with character moments but right now, it sounds uninspiring. 

It's just stupid. We know Hawkgirl and Hawkman are in LOT ergo they live. We know Vandal is the big villain in LOT ergo they don't defeat him. We know about LOT ergo we know how it ends. Ergo: This Is Stupid.

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 11

The crossovers sound really boring. It's like a little boy took those plastic figures of masks and costumes and is playing out a battle with them.

This is exactly what they're doing. Hence the scene with nine masked heroes that SA was so excited about. Nine!

• Love 5

of course but one would think it would have a purpose besides that? What are all these people going to be doing the entire time when fighting against 1 villain?  Just give me S5 Crime Syndicate cross over already.

Well we know that Oliver has his baby mama drama and Felicity will be linked to that as well. So that's another thing going on in those episodes. As for Diggle, Laurel, Thea... I don't think they'll have a lot of screentime because tbh, how can they help make a weapon? I'm sure most of that work will be in the hands of Cisco and Felicity. 

As for what's going on in Flash... I'm not really certain tbh. 

All in all. I'm not enthused. 

Well we know that Oliver has his baby mama drama and Felicity will be linked to that as well.

Is that in these episodes?  I thought the pictures of SA filming with woman and child were when they were filming 409/410.

He may hear about them in the crossover but there won't be time to do any real character writing.

(quietly gets all excited about Hawkgirl all by herself)

I'm excited about Hawkgirl.

Lmaoooooo I feel so bad because I don't want to put a damper on your excitement! I'm glad you guys are excited :D I'm sure I'll love her on screen. But for now I don't care. Maybe it's because I've never read the comics? 

Edited by wonderwall

I've never read the comics. But I adored Shayera Hol in Justice League/JLU. ("Less talking! More hitting!") I know Kendra isn't that Hawkgirl, but I'm still excited about it.

My main question though is "where is Sara?"

Edited by Starfish35

I know you can't judge an episode by a synopsis, but I'm wondering what set up Arrow did for the spin-off outside of just bringing them back from the dead and sending them on their way. Hawkgirl/Vandal looks to be the big story and that looks to be on The Flash. 

I have a question though.. HOw in the world will Laurel and Thea going to be helpful in building a weapon? Diggle makes more sense with his military background, but not Laurel (who's a lawyer) and Thea (who didn't even go to college). 

Do they have powers of their own? Like if they cross their arms then presto! Instant weapon? Or...

• Love 8

Oh I'm excited about her or at least her potential. It's Hawkman I'm not keen on.

Of the two, I have the soft spot for the character Carter Hall, so from that standpoint I'm interested in him, but I've also been following the actress playing Kendra on Instagram and she seems like a doll: down to earth, enthusiastic, funny (and a fantastic singing voice to assist on the dream musical crossover).  So I'll try to be hopeful about it all for now. 

Since the crossover episodes were imo among the best, if not the best last season for me, I was optimistic about the crossovers this season.

But it reads like: more Flash, more metahumans, more masks.

More things I don't care about. 

And since Laurel isn't equal to Diggle and Felicity either for me, I don't like that she's mentioned with them in the blurb.

The only thing that could make the crossover less appealing for me would be a return of the Baby Mama, which I fear whenever Central City and Oliver are mentioned in the same sentence, but I'm actually a tad bit optimistic on this one. The proposal is supposed to be in 4x09 or 4x10? So either the kid isn't Oliver, either it doesn't happen because I don't think the writers would pass the opportunity to have several episodes of angst and drama about it.

• Love 1

Is that in these episodes?  I thought the pictures of SA filming with woman and child were when they were filming 409/410.

He may hear about them in the crossover but there won't be time to do any real character writing.

I'm not sure when the set photos came out, but it's a fair assumption since she was living in Central City last season. And I hope she's not reckless enough to relocate to Star City with her child when everybody is fleeing.

• Love 1

Maybe they told her around the same time they told Sara that her lawyer big sister was now a vigilante.  With fingerless gloves.   

To be a fly on the wall.

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 4

Would she? She's not really a blabber mouth..and I don't know why it would come up really.

Isn't she? LOL (It would probably come out the same way it came out for her, since she somehow knew Barry was the Flash when she crossed over. )

I'm witholding judgment re the crossovers. I hope I'll be surprised- in a good way.

As for Felicity and amnesia, I don't really want that, but I do think it's a possibility. Plus, there could be some fun from that in certain scenarios.

Also, though I don't share the "Ray is the worst" view, your comments about him crack me up every time :)

Edited by looptab
  • Love 2

Would she? She's not really a blabber mouth..and I don't know why it would come up really.

Thea and Laurel watching TV and the news covers the singularity that opened up over Central City. They show scenes of the Flash saving the day. Thea to Laurel, "I dont suppose you know who that is?" Laurel shows Thea her necklace and fills her in on the details about Star Labs and Barry.

I can get avoiding talking about Uncomfortable stuff like almost dying and a magical pit saving your life, but the Flash would be in the news all the time. I just think the subject would come up. Malcolm even kind of already knew who Barry was so its not such a big secret, lol.

• Love 2

Those crossover episode descriptions sound so dry. Oh no, some Hawk people I have no attachment to are in grave danger from a villain that hasn't been introduced yet! Quick, we must assemble our combined casts for this unprecedented threat! 

Those descriptions made me lose quite a bit of enthusiasm for the crossover. Hopefully it all works out well in the actual episodes. The character interactions between both casts should be fun at least.

Edit: As for the hilariously bad idea of Laurel, Thea, and Diggle helping Team Flash build a weapon.... Please let Harrison Wells point out how stupid that is. "You don't have any relevant skills concerning designing or building weapons? Well, you people certainly are useless. Just stay out of my way."

Edited by Lord Kira
  • Love 17

I'm a little worried about them ruining the first meeting between the Hawks. Would they cut away from all the Flash and Arrow characters to see how two nearly unknown characters are hitting it off? If that conversation happens all off screen I'd be peeved.

And another thing: Vandal Savage must be one hell of a threat for Barry to immediately go to Oliver for help. Barry didn't even ask for his help against the inter-dimensional speedster that easily defeated his own Flash (Jay) in every encounter, stole his speed, and left him terrified of ever facing him again.

Vandal Savage better earn this fear that everyone has of him and leave one hell of an impression. Especially after we just had Zoom over on Flash. Zoom will be a tough act to follow.

Just please don't let Vandal Savage be another Ras. Now that was a letdown. 

Edited by Lord Kira
  • Love 1

Seriously the only people who will enjoy this is most comic fans. Why don't they show the characters we care about? Why are they spending time on these characters who we don't even know and on a villain that is not even going to be defeated because they are crossing that one over to. This makes no sense.

I'm holding my judgement until I actually see the said characters in action. My only recolection of Hawkman was from when he was called Katar Hol and had a wife Shayera and a friend called Gentleman Ghost. Yes.

I liked them, but their only power was flying, so... not too much to do in a world of Superman. Ok, they could talk to birds.

If Vandal Savage has ties to both Damien Darkh and Malcolm, he may be more interesting. I'm not crossing him out just yet.

Where are Sara and Ray for that matter? I did think it was weird that I didn't see CL in any of the BTS pic that were released. Now they are not even mentioned episode description.

I don't think they're in the crossover which seems odd.  However, the crossover seems to be built around the Hawks and the main LOT Villain, Vandal Savage.  I wonder if the Hawks will be the main focus of LoT?

Here's what we/I (think) know.

Flash 208

• Flash takes Hawkgirl to Team Arrow for protection (based on Instagram Pic, Oliver/Felicity/Diggle/Thea)
  • Hawkman takes Hawkgirl and Oliver follows/goes? to CC for help (solo trip no TA?)
  • Barry/Oliver/Cisco plus Hawks take a walk in the park
  • Barry/Oliver go to Jitters for Flash Latte.  Oliver runs into Baby Mama (again) with kid and goes ruh roh! - This is a total guess but seems possible since Oliver is visiting Baby Mama in 410 and there's something that happens in 408 for Olicity that sets up relationship storyline for rest of season)

Arrow 408

• Team Arrow/Flash take Hawks to farm for hiding.  (Oliver/Felicity/Thea/Laurel, based on "roadtrip pic" and Willa Vine Video) - DP/Carlos??
  • Team Arrow/Flash leave GA/Flash guarding Hawks and go back to SC to build weapon (Felicity/Diggle/Thea/Laurel) - Cisco/Caitlin??
  • Arrow/Flash meet up with Malcolm/Vandal Savage and fight breaks out?
  • Big Fight sequence with 9 Mask/Powered people (MG image of 7 Masks plus Vandal Savage/Malcolm Merlyn??)

What I don't know

• Is Rip Hunter in any BTS photos of 208/408?  
  • Where are the rest of LoT?  Sara, Ray, Firestorm, Cold/Heat, etc?  Are they not in the LoT Backdoor Pilot?

Anyone want to help me figure this out?

Edited by Morrigan2575
Where are the rest of LoT?  Sara, Ray, Firestorm, Cold/Heat, etc?  Are they not in the LoT Backdoor Pilot?

If they are not that seems weird. Maybe Rip already recruited them in offscreenville and they are seeing what the future will look like if Vandal Savage gets his way. That might be why Rip's able to get Cold and Heatwave to help. 

As for Hawkman

there's pics in the LoT spoiler thread of a funeral with everyone present except him. I think he dies and we'll see different versions of him during their time traveling.

Edited by Sakura12

This is exactly what they're doing. Hence the scene with nine masked heroes that SA was so excited about. Nine!

Since we've seen pics of superhero action figures in tweets from the Arrow writers, I wouldn't be surprised if they actually used those action figures to act out mock battles.

Umm... in those 407 pics, Felicity is wearing a lot of blue in an episode that includes Ray.

Please, PLEASE no amnesia storyline as a tropey way to reset the Oliver & Felicity relationship!

Please, PLEASE no paralysis!  However, I'd be okay if Felicity was temporarily in a wheelchair because of a broken leg or something like that.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

MG has said this isn't a true back door pilot. Whuch to me means we won't get that show's structure. Vandal is going to be Obsessed with Kendra. Throughout time. This current Kendra doesn't know about her abilities yet. She's a newbie. We are going to learn about the Hawks history on Arrow. I think to understand Vandal we are going to have to understand why he's obsessed with Kendra.

Ever since we got word about the professor who knows everything about the Hawks, I knew the crossover would be Hawks obsessed. Especially since I found out Hawkman wasn't just a recurring but a regular(which I'm still bitter about since we already had 8 Legends plus vandal).

Though that may be just to kill off a regular as early as the 3Rd episode.

I do get it since The Hawks are the most famous of the LOT characters, comicbook wise.

LOT actually has a two hour pilot (though I don't know if it will air on one day yet). So the dynamic and structure of that show will be told on it's own show.

I do feel Rip has to play a role in the Cross over. But Maybe he's a hero history/stories buff? He's going to have something bad happens that he wants to change. Perhaps he'll reads about that once time Vandal was stopped? Maybe...

Edited by tarotx

Well, just read the crossover episode descriptions. Sounds like a comic book fan's wet dream, IMO. 

Sorry but I think they're overdoing it with all these heroes on one show. The way they introduced Barry back in s2 was perfect but now this just seems messy and a way to overshadow the characters we already care about.

• Love 9