Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I still think they should make Ed Raymond, Felicity's father instead of her husband to tie it to the comics. Ronnie can be her step-brother. They can do whatever they want with that story (have Firestorm or not) but I just want her story to be her own and not at all connected to Oliver. 

• Love 2
(edited)

If Thea does go bad, or kind of bad, with Malcolm I think it will be quite fun to watch. Willa seems to be capable of some emotional intensity and I think it would interesting to see her as Dark Archer 2.0 or Artemis or something. They could still go with Speedy, once Thea knows Oliver's secret, because it was his pet name for her and it would piss him off, though Speedy is not a particularly villainous (or for that matter heroic) character name.

Edited by KirkB

Any new news on Arrow Season 3? The wait is killing us! –Jeff

‘Member the “Seth” guy I told you about a couple of weeks ago? Well, the casting for that role has since been tweaked, and he is now described as a “shade of a man” with a quiet intensity, a “criminal mastermind who whistles classical music” as he goes about his devious business. There’s also talk of him having “reptilian eyes.” Whomever he is, he will be the Big Bad for the season opener.

From TV Lines spoiler chat: http://tvline.com/2014/06/26/castle-season-7-did-bracken-kill-rick-spoilers/

(edited)

My first thought was Martian Manhunter. But he isn't a villain as far as i remember. I actually wanted for them to introduce Sportsmaster. But guess no such luck.

Edited by Velocity23

The only DC villain I can think of that matches that and has anything at all to do with Snakes is Edmund Dorrance, King Snake. He has a connection to the Triad and Hong Kong and he lost his sight so "snake eyes could fit" but I don't know of any connection he had to Oliver Queen.

Sir Edmund Dorrance is a martial artist who becomes a mercenary, offering his professional expertise to various anti-communist rebels, and apparently made a great deal of money in doing so. While in Santa Prisca working with local rebels, his camp is taken by surprise by government commandos and he is blinded by gunfire. He flees to Hong Kong and becomes a businessman and the leader of the feared Ghost Dragons. He eventually gravitates to Gotham where he cedes control of the Chinatown district from the Triad gangs. This does not last long, however, and he loses control of the gang, sending him to join the terrorist cult Kobra. It is later revealed that he is the biological father of Bane. Bane tracks his father down, where Snake tries to have his son help him in taking over Kobra. The struggle results in Snake's apparent death.

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/King_Snake

But how does that fit in with Seth's character description? This new bit is more about looks but it would be a villain that is still good with chemistry and stuff.

Although really the character could be anything the show puts their own twists on them.

Count Vertigo is nothing like his comics counterpart.

(edited)

Judging from this tweet by KC, the cast has already received the season 3 premiere script:

301 serious. page. turner. #arrow

Source

When do you think can we expect our first casting news? Within the next few days or do we have to wait until SDCC?

Edited by strikera0

Yeah,I read in another thread SA and EBR have their scripts as well. Now the real spoilers will start coming out, just enough for us to raise our expectations to impossible heights since naturally what we generate from the spoilers will ultimately be better than anything they might construct. Sigh.

Oh well, bring 'em on. :)

• Love 3

I don't think Sara counts because she isn't in the comics. Roy will be becoming Arsenal as they have said again and again. Oliver will finally be called Green Arrow. Thea won't become evil as I see a redemption story line for her somewhere down the line and she will become a sidekick to Oliver (this scenario is full of comedic opportunities). Felicity will remain Felicity and Dig will remain Dig, Det Lance will remain Det Lance. The only one left is Laurel. But again I don't take what the EPs say on face value, so who knows.

Before the finale, I would have said Laurel too, because as you say Sara isn't in the comics. But in retrospect I think he meant Sara, because Sara was apparently becoming Black Canary, but gave it up to Laurel to go back to the LoA. I know it doesn't totally make sense because Sara wasn't in the comics in the first place, but if Laurel is becoming Black Canary, and everything points to that, than Sara is going to have to become something else.

The only other option that I can see is that he meant Thea - that by leaving with Malcolm she's going to end up being something other than her comic counterpart of Speedy.

For some people it’s becoming their comic book characters. In other cases, it’s actually definitively not”

I'm still leaning towards the EPs remaining committed to making Laurel the Black Canary.  But IF they've changed their minds, I can see two possible scenarios - both ways to try to make Laurel a more popular character with fans:

1.  Laurel is faced with the option of becoming the Black Canary (upon Sara's death?) and she chooses not to go down that path.

2.  Laurel does go dark and slowly becomes a villain, perhaps starting out with good intentions (ends justify the means).

(edited)

The producers said that each and every character would decide what their destiny is going to be in the season 2 finale, so I think we are probably going to see the follow-up to those fateful decisions play out over the course of next season. Thea chose to leave with Malcolm Merlyn, so her journey should be rather dark. Sara's journey should be dark as well after she chose to go back to the League. Diggle is becoming a father, so I would imagine that his journey will be lighter unless Lyla loses the baby. Ironically enough, Laurel didn't actually choose anything. She was simply handed her destiny on a silver platter and now we'll have to suffer through it. Maybe if we are lucky, Laurel will come to realize that she sucks as a vigilante and retire from the business, but I'm not counting on that.

Edited by strikera0
The producers said that each and every character would decide what their destiny is going to be in the season 2 finale, so I think we are probably going to see the follow-up to those fateful decisions play out over the course of next season.

Are you talking about this quote?  Because if you are then as we've been discussing that's actually about S3 not the S2 finale.

“Each and every one of them (#Arrow characters) over the course of next season will be making that journey (All facing decisions on what their respective destinies will be). For some people it’s a dark journey. For other people it’s a lighter journey. For some people it’s becoming their comic book characters. In other cases, it’s actually definitively not”

If you're talking about another quote where they're specifically saying S2 finale could you please provide a link.

(edited)

Are you talking about this quote?  Because if you are then as we've been discussing that's actually about S3 not the S2 finale.

If you're talking about another quote where they're specifically saying S2 finale could you please provide a link.

It was in almost every interview. Here is one example:

GREENARROWTV’s CRAIG BYRNE: You mentioned on Twitter that the theme of the season finale is “embracing your destiny.” Can you talk about that, and does that phrase refer to more than just Oliver?

ANDREW KREISBERG: It refers to just about everybody in the show. Everyone is really faced with a choice about who they’re going to be, and for Oliver, all season long, it’s been a question of “am I a hero or am I a killer?” For Thea, she’s certainly presented with two paths before her. “Am I Oliver’s sister, or am I Malcolm’s daughter?” Sara, “Am I the Black Canary, or am I one of Ra’s al Ghul’s minions?” Everyone is faced with this choice in this giant, epic battle, and while the show is probably as big as anything we’ve ever done in terms of scale, in terms of action, and in terms of visual effects, it also has these small little moments that are just pure emotion of the people that hopefully the audience have come to really care about over the course of these past two seasons, as they make these fateful decisions about which way their lives are going to go.

Source

He also mentions it here:

What’s happening for Felicity in the finale, and can you also say what’s happening with Laurel?

Felicity is front and center in the battle to take down Slade. I think she really proves in this episode why the audience loves her so much. She does one of the most brave things she’s ever done in the course of the series, and certainly one of the bravest things we’ve ever seen anybody do in the course of the series. There are a couple of “big Olicity moments” that I think fans are really going to appreciate.

At the same time, Laurel has an emotional scene in here that I think – for the people who are fans of Laurel – they’re going to get their money’s worth in this finale. It really is a finale of people embracing their destiny, and really making big and conscious choices of who they want to be, and what they’re willing to do for Oliver, and what they’re willing to do to save the city. It’s really exciting to have gotten to this point in the series, because so many of the things we’re doing in this last episode are things that we talked about doing back when we had the pilot. Greg, Marc, and I, and Geoff Johns, had conversations about “hey, wouldn’t it be great if one day we did this?” And we’re finally at “one day,” and this stuff is finally happening. It’s not to say that we haven’t had an amazing time along the way; it’s just success has really allowed us to get to these totally fun places with these characters, and we’re just so thrilled that the audience has responded.

Source

Edited by strikera0
  • Love 1
(edited)

At the same time, Laurel has an emotional scene in here that I think – for the people who are fans of Laurel – they’re going to get their money’s worth in this finale.

Grinning like a loon while her sister boards a boat to go be a killer again? So emotional (what show are these people watching, my god)!

It really is a finale of people embracing their destiny, and really making big and conscious choices of who they want to be, and what they’re willing to do for Oliver, and what they’re willing to do to save the city.

Everyone *but* Laurel embraced their destinies and made decisions about what they're willing to do. Unless she decides to be an EMT, because I don't see the Starling City paramedics getting to that dock anytime soon. She could also be a professional kidnapping victim. Team Arrow's permanent decoy, if you will.

(This isn't really a commentary on what might or might not happen in S3, just a venting of my general anger over how Laurel is handled and how the EPs *think* they're handling her. A failure all around, gah.)

I really, REALLY hope that jacket hand off was a red herring. I will cling to that hope until it is inevitably dashed.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 3

I'm going to have to take your word for it because I can barely hear a word either one of them is saying, so I shut it off about forty-five seconds in. If the idea is to get people excited about this they are going to have to arrange for interviews where we can hear what we're supposed to be excited about.

• Love 1
(edited)

I am hoping joining Team Arrow means helping through her limited legal expertise from DA office. i dont want to ff all team Arrow scenes. And she can bet all she wants, but these writers are changing their minds from one to the next minute so nothing is set in stone. And i remember AK saying Laurel will be doing her own thing. 

And maybe its just me but when asked about BC thing she kinda looked like she wasn't sure anymore. But that maybe just my just not Laurel stance. 

Edited by Velocity23

Cassidy's interview at some event.(Sound quality is pretty bad).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aVY_OkYnpQ

But she confirms that she will be joining Team Arrow and bets that Laurel will become Black Canary. (She has read the script for 3x01 when this interview was taken)

Already in the next episode?  They sure are rushing it.  Oh well, I'm already out, I don't want to watch her ruin Team Arrow anymore than I had to with her attitude towards Diggle and Felicity.

• Love 1

I haven't watched but I don't think she's confirming anything specific.  From what I'm told (by someone who did watch).  

He asks her about becoming BC, she coyly answers she doesn't know.  He then says something along the lines of "so you're joining Arrow Team then" and she just says "yeah".  Like she really wasn't interested in answering any Arrow questions.  Then they launched into her Stella McCartney outfit and shoes and I lost total interest.

Not sure if that reassures or if we're all just better off saying fuck it now instead of hanging on but that's what I'm told was in the clip.

For what it's worth, this actually sounds somewhat similar to what Cassidy was saying before the last two episodes of the season aired - that she was now really part of Team Arrow and the action and all that.  And the Black Canary stuff is the same thing that she's been saying since the end of the season - that she's betting on it.

Thing is, after all of that buildup, Laurel spent the last two episodes shooting Oliver's bow, giving Inspirational Speeches to Former Killers Who Were Worried That Their Names Weren't Pretty Enough and Pausing the Action For This Week's Lesson in Arabic, getting kidnapped, hitting someone in the face after her sister shot him, which actually is kinda mean, Laurel, don't hit a guy when he's down, modeling this season's Wilson's Leather Item for us, and being unable to do chest compressions.  She also was barely on screen during the finale.

This is actually my main concern: so far, bringing Laurel into Team Arrow has resulted in all of two useful things (finding info about Blood, which honestly other characters could have done, and Laurel knocking the one goon on the head with a pipe.)  I sincerely hope this improves, because it's very frustrating for me to watch.  But in terms of being convinced that this interview suggests that Laurel will start off the season sporting fishnets and fighting with/next to Team Arrow - well, it's a suggestion so far, not a guarantee. Let me have some hope for the summer :)

From what I could deduce from that horrible video is that she refers to the comics saying Laurel becomes Black Canary, then she says "whether that's going to happen I can't say but I bet it ..." I couldn't hear the couple of words that she said after "bet it".

(edited)

I just watched it myself. The interviewer mentioned the jacket passing scene and asked KC if that means Laurel will be joining Team Arrow and she says "yes".

From what I could deduce from that horrible video is that she refers to the comics saying Laurel becomes Black Canary, then she says "whether that's going to happen I can't say but I bet it ..." I couldn't hear the couple of words that she said after "bet it".

She says ""whether that's going to happen I can't say but I bet it will".

Edited by strikera0

Man, I really hate this development so much. Arrow has been my favorite show that I have so looked forward to every week. It's been appointment TV. I will tune it to see what happens but I just can't with Laurel getting more screen time.  And based on her saying yes here, just depresses me. To no end.

Meh i think she just spattering the same thing she has been all hiatus. I think she might have a connection to Team Arrow but it will be through DA office. And strongly believe the focus will be on the core team. Gonna believe what AK said about Laurel having her own thing. 

• Love 2

I find it really hard to believe that TPTB would let her talk about becoming Black Canary and joining Team Arrow, which is a pretty significant development if it had no truth to it. I think they would squash it pretty quickly if it's directly in contradiction to what actually happens in the show.  And if that is not going to happen then it makes her pretty silly.

• Love 1
(edited)

Unlike Stephen I don't think she actually knew what will happen when she started her campaigning. He hinted that he knew at least how season 3 will start. And she should be more convinced/convincing she will be the BC if the EPs confirmed it with her. She already looks silly in my eyes the way she conducted her interactions with fans of the show. 

Edited by Velocity23

The EPs themselves frequently say things in interviews that play out completely differently on the show, so I doubt they are closely monitoring what the actors say.  Until I see Laurel's butt parked in Felicity's chair or swinging from Sally, I'm not going to pre-emptively worry about her joining Team Arrow in any significant way. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I can't watch the video at work.  What did SA say in that IGN interview?

He mentioned Hong Kong, Amanda Waller and having a history. He also mentioned paying off Fryers benefactor from Season 1 which is funny because I don't remember seeing that on-screen and he spoke about it like it had already occurred. Hong Kong is supposed to be pretty nasty. 

Regarding the team -He and Laurel would have a to reconcile her knowledge since she is now in on the secret.  There was nothing specific about her being on the team.  Season 3 would focus on the core elements but nothing about what those elements are.  

He heard Season 3 was going to start off with a bang.  (My interpretation, Seth and/or Roy/Arsenal.  Colton Haynes in one of his European interviews alluded to something (no specifics) happening with his character in the Season Premiere. Oliver discovering Malcolm is alive and Thea is with him could start the season off on a bang too I guess.)  

Basically he said nothing.   

Edited by Sunshine
  • Love 2
(edited)

Thanks for the explanation, I think he's said most of that before.  Pretty sure Amanda Waller is Fryers employer.  As for 301, given BamBam's tweet I'm guessing the EPs delivered on "starting off with a bang" and yeah Seth is supposed to be the main villain in 301.

I don't think it's Roy/Aresenal, I get the feeling that Arsenal will be saved for 309, just like Oliver got the mask in 309.  That's probably also where Team Arrow will find out about Malcolm and Thea being the (Big?) Bads

Edited by Morrigan2575
(edited)

Did EPs and actors always reveal much before the season? I wasn't online even five years ago, but it seems like I'm knowing what will happen before it happens.

I don't believe so. But now, with so much social media and so many viewing options, they have to bring in viewers any way they can. Spoilers can help or hurt a show - I've seen both - but I think the type of social media access we have to the people who work on the show seems unprecedented. I've been actively involved in various fandoms since the Roswell days, and I can't think of any other show being so involved with fans. Veronica Mars, maybe? 

On topic, it sounds like 3.01 will be stunt heavy, which is a good thing. As much as I criticize, the stunt work is always on point.

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 1
(edited)

Twitter makes life pretty interesting in terms of interacting with actors you love. It's pretty cool when actors take time to have like live vlogs with their fans. I wish I could've done that back in the day.

Well I think s2 episode 1 started off with a bang too because I remember on re-watch it got me excited. Oliver and Felicity swinging out of a window into another was pretty fun. The two of them spend a lot of time air-bourne, swinging around seriously.

Edited by ArrowLimbo
  • Love 1

I

've been actively involved in various fandoms since the Roswell days, and I can't think of any other show being so involved wth fans. Veronica Mars, maybe?

Supernatural seems pretty connected with their fanbase

SA seems pretty excited about something that is going to be happening in the s3 premier.  Probably something action-y because he gets the most excited about those.  Most probably not about Oliver's upcoming conversation with Laurel.  (Please show, have Oliver tell Laurel she's not allowed in the new lair yet.)

Katie Cassidy's interview was for the product she was pitching (Genlux?) and not an Arrow PR department thing.  In contrast, they sent EBR to Europe with the female stars to do the interview rounds for the CW shows.

But I still don't trust the show.

(My first connect with the on-line star thing was in a chat with Ben Browder in Farscape s2 when he answered my question.  I was excited for days.)