Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

From saving his mother? I don't see them being the same. He had an opportunity to save his mother so of course that would be a major decision he would have to consider. But he didn't go through with it which was the important part.

I'm interested to see how they will work Hawkman into Arrow for an episode. I can't really think of anything that would have him coming through Star City and interacting with any of the cast.

Edited by Primal Slayer

He didn't go through with it not because he realized it was wrong, but because his future self showed up and told him not to. That decision wasn't based on any personal growth or realization that Barry had on his own. 

So sorry, I don't buy that a guy who was willing to erase his friends' existence is so concerned about their safety now that he distances himself to protect them. 

• Love 11

Saving his mother would change everyone's past and future and could've destroyed the whole world, he went ahead knowing that, then did nothing. Therefore risking the world for no reason. Barry should be hard himself for that, it is his fault. And I hope he learned a lesson since he didn't learn anything with his run into things without thinking of plan, failing, trying again, failing then coming up with a plan. 

As for LoT being set up on Arrow, that's the only reason I'm watching Arrow. 

• Love 5
I don't really want to see Laurel with a love interest again just yet because I'm having fun just watching her come into her own. Super-excited to see her find out Sara is alive again as well, their sisterly bond works on so many levels.

Forgive me because I stopped reading the SPOILERS ONLY thread, and only skim the spoiler discussion thread, but hasn't it been heavily implied that Laurel is actually the one who brings Sara's rotting corpse back to life by utilizing the Lazarus Pit?  And is Laurel's story for the first part of the season mainly going to involve Sara's resurrection?

There's also speculation that Nyssa is dying or Katrina Law is leaving Arrow, is that correct?

Edited by SonofaBiscuit
  • Love 1

I’m so excited for Season 4 of Arrow and Olicity. But I was wondering what we can expect from Felicity on her own? What kind of storyline will she have? –Natalie

As we previously reported, Felicity will be stepping up and facing challenges as Palmer Tech’s new CEO. Speaking of the company’s namesake, the discovery that presumed-dead Ray is actually alive is “a huge emotional reveal, especially for Felicity,” executive producer Wendy Mericle previews. But don’t worry, Olicity ‘shippers — “It’s more of an emotional reaction to the loss of a friend than any sort of romantic rival. She’s very happy with Oliver when we come back in Season 4, but [she and Ray] were friends and they left on good terms. It’s more just the relief of, ‘Oh my gosh, I thought you were gone and now you’re not. How exciting is that?'”

One line about her being CEO, one paragraph about her and Ray. I'm not surprised, but very disappointed, especially since the question was "what we can expect from Felicity on her own"

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 10

As long as Felicity is facing the challenges of being CEO and we learn about Felicity from that, I can't see much of a problem. It's when her storyline becomes all about Ray that I have issues. So I'm going to wait and see before I really judge about this but right now I'm just hmmmm. 

• Love 3

They will use any chance they get to insert Ray.I hope they focus on other things not having to do with Ray with Felicity's CEO storyline but I wouldn't be suprised if Ray eats up a lot of her time in the first half of the season only this time its just as friends so they think Felicity fans will be okay with that.

I don't know. I'm sick of Ray, even if he's just a friend, and can't wait until he leaves for his own show. So to see confirmation that he's going to likely take up Felicity's solo screentime again fills me with dread. I guess the upside is that it'll be over by midseason.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 10

It's gonna be about freaking Ray? Again?! Her first storyline outside of team arrow/queen Inc and they glue her to the hip to this dud. I knew her being CEO was too good to be true. Was the S01/S02 Queen Inc setup super freaking expensive or something? Did the show forget what the crap top floor executives actually do??? I'm not here for another round of lab assistant/secretary Felicity with a bullshit VP title. I'm going to need them to put their money where their mouth is.

• Love 3

I'm most interested in the timeline of all this, since it seems like from the preview that Star City was already dedicated and renamed when O&F return. MG has talked about the timing of Ray 'sploding himself like it wasn't what we thought it was based on what they showed, but it seems like it is? 

In a better world, Nyssa would defeat Malcolm and take over the LoA, leaving him free to hang around Oliver since we're stuck with Malcolm as a regular next season.

One line about her being CEO, one paragraph about her and Ray. I'm not surprised, but very disappointed, especially since the question was "what we can expect from Felicity on her own"

On the other hand, what can they really say about her being a CEO?  That she's better than Oliver was?  (I think that would be self-evident.)  That she's spending a lot of time running PT?  That would be a mixed blessing since it would take her away from Team Arrow work.

At least the blurb about finding Ray again 1. gives her something to actively do for the plot and 2. let's us know she's not going to be crying again.

I think multiple PhDs is TV short hand for Super Genius. Reid on Criminal Minds has a couple of PhDs and several Masters Degrees. IIRC, Sam on Quantum Leap had 7 PhDs.

This is why I have problems with shows about super smart people (Sherlock and Big Bang Theory being the exceptions), because the people writing them don't know what it's really like to be that smart.  80% of getting a PhD is grunt work and I can't imagine why anyone would keep wanting to do it when you could be doing the fun stuff with the degrees you've already got, or just pick up courses in things you're interested in.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 4

On the other hand, what can they really say about her being a CEO? That she's better than Oliver was? (I think that would be self-evident.) That she's spending a lot of time running PT? That would be a mixed blessing since it would take her away from Team Arrow work.

At least the blurb about finding Ray again 1. gives her something to actively do for the plot and 2. let's us know she's not going to be crying again.

More elaboration on what "challenges of being CEO" would've been nice, like the examples you mentioned. Maybe even a hint of how she ends up working with Curtis. It just bothered me that the question was about Felicity, and the answer sounded more like "Oh, she's the CEO now. But you know what's really cool? Let me tell you about Ray!" Which is exactly what happened to "Felicity's storyline" in season 3.
  • Love 5

In a better world, Nyssa would defeat Malcolm and take over the LoA, leaving him free to hang around Oliver since we're stuck with Malcolm as a regular next season.

Oh, here's hoping. Nyssa had better have spent the hiatus gathering loyal League members to dump Malcolm's ass out of the magic hot tub. She really was hit hard last season. Loses her beloved, passed over as the heir by an uninterested upstart, forced to marry him with plans to become a brood mare and then has to kiss the ring on the hand of the man responsible for Sara's death. Malcolm still sometimes has some uses to me, mostly from other characters' reactions to him, but I hope Nyssa chops his ring hand off and tosses it back in his face after taking the trinket.

• Love 3

I will never forgive Malcolm for killing Sara. Even if he is the one to bring her back he is unredeamable for me.

I'll never forgive Malcolm for using Thea to kill Sara. And I'll never understand why Oliver knowing that not only is letting him walk around a free man, he just handed him a group of killers to lead. That man brainwashed the little sister he claims to love sooo much to murder a family friend, just to save his own ass. 

• Love 3

I'll never forgive Malcolm for using Thea to kill Sara. And I'll never understand why Oliver knowing that not only is letting him walk around a free man, he just handed him a group of killers to lead. That man brainwashed the little sister he claims to love sooo much to murder a family friend, just to save his own ass.

Yep. He drove off into the sunset while Sara's killer walked free. And yet we are supposed to think of him as a hero??

• Love 2

Yep. He drove off into the sunset while Sara's killer walked free. And yet we are supposed to think of him as a hero??

Exactly, who made out the best in this? The bad guy!

He gets to be the new Ra's while Thea gets to live her life knowing she murdered a family friend, Sara's killer is walking around a free man, Nyssa has to be a servant to the man that killed the love of her life, the 500+ people that Malcolm killed have no justice and many more people will die because of this, he's not running the league of puppies, he's running the League of ASSASSINS! 

• Love 8

Oh, here's hoping. Nyssa had better have spent the hiatus gathering loyal League members to dump Malcolm's ass out of the magic hot tub. She really was hit hard last season. Loses her beloved, passed over as the heir by an uninterested upstart, forced to marry him with plans to become a brood mare and then has to kiss the ring on the hand of the man responsible for Sara's death. Malcolm still sometimes has some uses to me, mostly from other characters' reactions to him, but I hope Nyssa chops his ring hand off and tosses it back in his face after taking the trinket.

For many reasons, I was wholly disappointed with the LOA last year, but I am embarrassed that these ninja assassins would blindly follow whomever happens to have a tacky gold finger cuff. I wrote a fic in my head back when DD was speculated as Felicity's father, and he had over half the LOA loyal to him when Ra's was in charge. I'd love that to be the case with Nyssa. She can stroll in and takeover from Malcolm like the BAMF we know her to be. 

I just really need the new Ra's to give an order and everyone ignores him. Because even the LOA has standards.

• Love 9

All for JB love? It's stupid because they could always have Malcolm have a surprise twin brother or an ancestor from the future come be in Malcolm's body. So no it's because the creatives were ignoring Arrow to spend time on the Flash and trying to get the CW to pick up the Atom. And that thought has me scared since there are 3 shows now. Though I guess they were writing Vixen last season as well. So yeah here's hoping they Wendy/MG are a better show runner team than MG alone. He loves the gotcha moments and comic coolness instead of moments/actions true to the characters.

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 1

I see that Katrina Law was cast in an ABC Family show with Billy Zane, so I'm guessing that's why Arrow is losing her.  Can't say I blame her for seeking work elsewhere...Arrow was pretty terrible last season, and Nyssa really got some crappy treatment at the end of the season.  No more Nyssa/Laurel friendship or training scenes, I guess.  Oh well.

• Love 1

Saving his mother would change everyone's past and future and could've destroyed the whole world, he went ahead knowing that, then did nothing. Therefore risking the world for no reason. Barry should be hard himself for that, it is his fault. And I hope he learned a lesson since he didn't learn anything with his run into things without thinking of plan, failing, trying again, failing then coming up with a plan.

As for LoT being set up on Arrow, that's the only reason I'm watching Arrow.

Ditto. Unlike OQ, Barry should feel some guilt. None of the major deaths to OQ was directly caused by OQ's actions. Tommy died cuz of laurel. Moira died cuz of Slade crazy. Shado died cuz of ivo crazy. And RQ committed suicide after mm sabotaged his boat. Eddie died partially as a result of Barry's actions. I feel bad for BA, but hopefully he is less selfish in the future.

• Love 2

Have we figured out if Danforth is connected to DD yet? Cuz part of me thinks she is and therefore is not worried about dying because DD will protect her. The Queens may be wasting their time protecting her. It also may reveal their secret to DD too soon. Although maybe she betrays him & that is why her daughter &/or her are potentially killed by him. I hope they don't screw up DD. I have such high hopess.

If you want a good laugh, IBT read that TVLine spoiler about Felicity and confused Roy with Ray in writing 'Arrow' Season 4 Spoilers: How Will Roy's 'Emotional' Return Affect Oliver And Felicity's New Relationship?

That was hysterical, it wasn't just one typo - there were errors everywhere.

So did Ray blow himself up to get FS back? Is that how they will draw out this ridiculous love triangle. Im just kidding. But seriously I wouldn't put it past RP to try to blow himself up to get the girl. So yea not really worried but not really surprised either.

LOL That's Perfect! (The Ghost gif)

So they toss in the whole last 3 mayors killed bit into the story to setup Oliver running for Mayor? LOL

Time to ask Star Labs to get to work on some more suits.  Maybe a nice Kevlar lined Armani?     

If you want a good laugh, IBT read that TVLine spoiler about Felicity and confused Roy with Ray in writing 'Arrow' Season 4 Spoilers: How Will Roy's 'Emotional' Return Affect Oliver And Felicity's New Relationship?

This is hilarious.

Ray was thought to be dead at the end of Season 3 and, in fact, Felicity is slotted to take over for Ray at his old job -- CEO of Palmer Tech. However, Felicity and fans have not seen the last of Oliver's former sidekick. Will the return of Ray, who has had his fair share of romantic tension with the new Mrs. Arrow, shake things up for Felicity and Oliver?

They fixed the headline but missed the line about him being Oliver's sidekick.  Also, what are they implying by the Mrs. Arrow thing? 

I don't get the big deal with the motorbikes. They have to get around somehow and it's easier to weave in and out of traffic or down alleys with a bike than a car. Makes sense to me. 

Also, knowing that they're filming at Diggle's house makes me very happy. 

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 3

I don't get the big deal with the motorbikes. They have to get around somehow and it's easier to weave in and out of traffic or down alleys with a bike than a car. Makes sense to me.

Yup. My way of thinking here is, the bikes are a wink to comic book canon, and it's something that makes sense within the show, like you said. So I'm cool with Arrow accommodating it. It pleases anyone who's read the books, and it doesn't cause any weirdness to the gen pop who's never cracked open a comic book in their lives.

• Love 3

If I had any complaints about the bikes is that they are all motorbikes (off road bikes) rather than motorcycles (street legal).  For me, the off road look to them makes them look wimpier than they should.  It is likely far easier to ride motorbikes during stunts than motorcycles but since I'm aware of that it always takes me out of the moment. 

• Love 1

Saw this image floating around on Twitter and Tumblr. Have no idea where it is from, but it looks like a video screencap. Maybe from an overseas promo?

CPz6XExVAAE1RXk.jpg

Looking at this I think the team should just send out Green Arrow grinning from ear to ear like a fool. I bet a good portion of the bad guys would think he's finally lost his damn mind and skedaddle right out of town. Damn, man. He's gonna pull the Joker on us!
  • Love 6