Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I'm going to be in the minority and say I don't want this. Katrina Law is great but I can't deal with any more LOA related story. I wanted that story to be relegated to history once this season ended.

Plus, IMO they've had problems writing coherent storylines for the cast they already have. I want Diggle to have a real story next season and not be sidelined. I want Felicity to have an arc that is actually about her and not just propping up another character and most importantly I want them to stop removing Oliver from the story to make other characters (LL, RP) relevant.

And it seems like we are not going to get a return to Arrow-based stories in season 4. It's going to be another season written to launch an entire show this time around rather than a single character. I hate this idea because the writers end up twisting the characters into shells of their former selves to serve something else.

Since the Arrow is no more and they seem intent on continuing to launch spinoffs and other superheroes, and we'll all reportedly be wondering how this show can continue after tonight's episode, maybe next year they'll just rename it "Superhero Showcase" and be done with it. LOL

• Love 4
(edited)

Regarding the Inside 3x23 clip --

"Thank you, Felicity. You just outed my identity to a super villain."

Oh, Barry. Thank you for a much needed smile. 

Edited by Soulfire
  • Love 4

I have mixed feelings on KL becoming a regular. I really like KL, and I do like what she brings to the show. She makes Laurel passably bearable for me. Frankly, I'd rather trade KL for KC, but that's not happening. It all depends on her story line and how it's handled, I suppose.

I am looking forward to Barry, tonight. His Arrow episodes are probably my favorite. 

• Love 4

I wonder whether the Nyssa/Laurel scene that guy described would be part of a montage at the end of the episode? Showing what everyone is doing now that the team is kind of disbanded and Oliver's giving up the vigilante life? I don't see how a rando knife-wielding dude would fit with the other action of the finale, but I suppose it could just be them tangling with someone trying to fix one of the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse or whatever SERIOUSLY I cannot keep track of this shit anymore. Thank God we are five hours away from this season being over.

• Love 1

Like Nyssa, love Katrina Law but I wouldn't want her as main cast. Dropping in here and there for a couple of episodes at a time, great, but I feel about her like I did with Sara - a little goes a long way. Liked Sara so much more in early season 2 and then complete overload in the second half.

"Thank you, Felicity. You just outed my identity to a supervillain." Oh like you're not the worst keeper-of-secret-identity ever, Barry!

• Love 10

I don't want Nyssa to be a regular, either. She's welcome to visit (although I'd like her out of the LOA), but she brings too many bad memories with her.

I agree...Nyssa does bring too many bad memories with her...for me.

• Love 5
(edited)

Oh, please please please let Katrina Law become a series regular on Arrow or maybe the floater between Arrow, the Flash and the upcoming spin-off. Nyssa is such a great character and Katrina such an entertaining actress. They should use her far more than they do, IMO.

It would be awesome if Katrina Law were a regular next season and not just recurring.  But isn't she also on another show right now?

She isn't.

Edited by strikera0

"That was you big plan? Sacrifice yourself to defeat Ras?"  Felicity...voice of us all at times.  But then Barry with.."you guys have a hottub?"

Yeah. Poor Felicity really. It's got to be frustrating as hell to love someone who doesn't realize his choices effect those around him...oliver seems to think he's replaceable and that's got to be hella hard for her to deal with.

Loved Barry in that clip. Hot tub + calling Malcolm a super villain. Score!

• Love 7
(edited)

I think people misunderstood her tweet. I don't think there's anything that suggests she's in NYC, unless I missed something

Damn. Hopes crushed. :( No seriously, that was the first thing that had made me even a little hopeful for season four.

Edited by Starfish35

I'm glad Nyssa won't be a regular tbqh. She works really well as a recurring character. REgardless of this, I DO hope that we get a couple of Nyssa episodes with her backstory and her time with Sara. 

• Love 2

Damn. Hopes crushed. :( No seriously, that was the first thing that had made me even a little hopeful for season four.

I could be wrong but it seems people based KL being at Upfront=regular off.of this tweet.

Katrina Law (@Misskatrinalaw) tweeted at 11:06 AM on Wed, May 13, 2015:

See you all tonight!!! @CW_Arrow @MzKatieCassidy @EmilyBett #wcw #arrow #nyssa #VeiledViewers #blackcanary #felicity http://t.co/qTeMMAW83o

(https://twitter.com/Misskatrinalaw/status/598504699600371712?s=02)

However, she made this similar post last night.

Katrina Law (@Misskatrinalaw) tweeted at 0:02 PM on Tue, May 12, 2015:

Season Finale. Mañana. Hope you are getting ready. @CW_Arrow #mattnable #Nyssa #rasalghul #arrow #epic See you soon! http://t.co/WVIw859gH2

(https://twitter.com/Misskatrinalaw/status/598156409771925506?s=02)

Seems like the see you soon/tonight is to the fans, not the actors

I don't remember anyone saying that Tommy would be back, just interviews with CD about when he found out.. It was a big, sad thing that Tommy died, in the days before death of a beloved character became SOP on this show.

.I thought it was okay to tell everyone except Iris.

I guess it was Oliver who called Barry to come and save them, otherwise Malcolm would have known who The Flash was.  Is there a phone booth in Nanda Parbat?

• Love 4

Regarding the Inside 3x23 clip --

Oh, Barry. Thank you for a much needed smile. 

I'm not finding it either.  Help!  I need to be more spoiled!!!

Lyla was not in on evil Oliver! Maybe I'd go along with her knowing Oliver was trying to take the LOA down from the inside but I do not want Diggle marriage drama!!

• Love 1
(edited)

Soulfire linked to it in the Spoiler thread--it's here.

Thank you! 

I didn't see it after the report from the paparazzi. 

Anyway, Felicity only said his first name.  ;)  And NOW Barry cares?  I suppose after him telling Captain Cold didn't work so well, he's feeling skittish about sharing. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1

Any theory that involves Oliver Queen having had a well-considered plan or otherwise in any way not being a completely stupid git will, I am quite sure, be proven incorrect.  Unfortunately.

On the plus side, Barry over on The Flash thought Captain Cold was a good person to team up with, so hey, he's dumb too.   

So Oliver's big plan to stop Ra's was to sacrifice his life.  Of course he'd keep that from the team.  Mostly cause it, like all the other times he tried to just sacrifice his life, is a fricken dumb plan!

• Love 2

So Oliver's big plan to stop Ra's was to sacrifice his life.  Of course he'd keep that from the team.  Mostly cause it, like all the other times he tried to just sacrifice his life, is a fricken dumb plan!

I love that he was willing to do it, honestly. It's stupidly self-sacrificing, which is what I expect from this Oliver, but I don't think it's stupid at all. Especially dealing with an unpredictable psycho like Ra's. I know I'm in the minority with that opinion, but I love that he was willing to do it. 

• Love 10

This is the ceremonial Locking Of The Spoiler Discussion Thread!  

Come with me while we wear black and mourn the passing of another season of Arrow.  It's an Irish wake, so there will probably be drinking.  We might even break into a dirge or two.

There are no more spoilers for this season.  I don't plan to lock this thread it for the summer.  

Summertime will probably be rife with spoilers, "butterness" and celebration, moans of both agony and ecstasy, and general Arrow nuttiness.

Season 4 Spoilers begin tonight at 9pm, EST.*

*That's when we celebrate the season to come.  I also expect there to be drinking.  And possibly arrow-shaped canapés.  

• Love 3

Thorrry about the delaay in re....re....reopening thish topic. We mods may haf been drinkling....just a weeee bit.

Oliver smiling broadly was swoon worthy.....so we all did shots to celebrate.  We did shots to celebrate every time:

someone pulled a gun or a knife,

when anyone held back tears,

when Nyssa looked terrific....Oh hell, we just did shots.

OllieDiggle Bromance.  sniffle.

There's your porsche scene into the sunset people!

• Love 7
(edited)

Katrina Law as a s4 regular? I'm all for that. 

Seems KC, David Ramsey, Emily Bett , Stephen Amell and Paul Blackthorne will all be at the upfront from the Arrow cast. Waiting to see if Barrowman and Willa will be there also.

Question...where did you hear this? 

Edited by wingster55
(edited)

SA mentioned in the TVline upfront interview that we would hear DD & Coast City again next season. My guess is that the Legends show will be set in Coast City. There is no way they are gonna have the flashbacks be in Coast City? I mean I can suspend my belief that people in Asia or Russia may not recognize OQ. But Coast City? If he really was such a big tabloid star pre-Island, there is likely no American City that would not be able recognize him if he spends a lot of time there doing stuff. I don't care how many bad wigs & Starling baseball caps they have.

I also will be very upset should I be banking on Bratva & get stuck in Coast City. Unless of course they are moving towards have 2 major plot arcs that have distinctive ends & beginnings like OUAT. We could get multiple fb stories. Let's be honest, the Yamashiro fb arc could have been condensed to just 1 portion of the season. Perhaps CC in the first fb arc to set up the spin-off and then Bratva in the 2nd part? Bratva could then rollover to s5.

Edited by kismet
(edited)

Damien Darhk. The new season 4 big bad. Although its gonna take some time for me to not want a Dunkin Donuts coffee when I type it.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 2

On the plus side, Barry over on The Flash thought Captain Cold was a good person to team up with, so hey, he's dumb too.   

"So, Lonestar, you see that evil will always triumph. Because good is dumb."

• Love 3

Upfronts are not spoilers.  They do not belong here.  

Trailers of new/old shows are not spoilers.

Please move them to the right thread.  

If you don't, I will have to hide/delete them.

(hung-over and grouchy. Help a mod out here.)

I think SA said something like it would probably be about 20-30 minutes into the premiere before he's back in action. So I don't think he's going to be out of it any extended period of time.

But it could be that typical scenario where the Hero sees danger while travelling (or hiding out) and they step in to help.

If I must see Laurel related storylines I would rather it be about Sara being resurrected than Laurel being BC or leader of TA.

• Love 1

To Clarify:

If it is the upfront, or part of the upfront, It's basically a commercial for the coming season.
Is it an interview from the upfronts?  See ^
Is it a trailer?  Say, for some other super-heroine/hero show?  Then it's not a spoiler either.  It's a "look what's coming in the fall so you will watch!!" advertisement meant for advertisers and fans alike.

These are actual promotional materials meant for everyone to see.

Spoilers are bits of insider information not meant for public consumption. It is information the CW/Arrow Peeps would rather keep under wraps (at least not until the episode has aired).

I believe that the only time a trailer was considered a spoiler was the trailer that showed Oliver and Felicity having sex.  It was a necessity for those who wanted to remain unspoiled.  Trailers, unless otherwise noted, and not spoilers

If it is the upfront, or part of the upfront, It's basically a commercial for the coming season.
Is it an interview from the upfronts?  ISee ^
Is it a trailer?  Say, for some other super-heroine/hero show, it's not a spoiler either.  It's a "look what's coming in the fall!" advertisement meant for advertisers and fans alike.

These are actual promotional materials meant for everyone to see.

Spoilers are bits of insider information not meant for public consumption. It is information the CW/Arrow Peeps would rather keep under wraps (at least not until the episode has aired).

I believe that the only time a trailer was considered a spoiler was the trailer that showed Oliver and Felicity having sex.  It was a necessity for those who wanted to remain unspoiled.

When actual spoilers start trickling out- usually around July-ish- they will belong here.  Until someone leaks  something like "OMG Oliver and Felicity and Diggle and Tommy and Sara and Ray have a menage-a-whatever-number-that-is,*" it's all speculation.

Are you bitter (or butter)?  There's a thread for that.  Are you wishing to speculate without having any true spoilers?  There's a thread for that too.

Are you "over" the Lance family shenanigans?  Are you not? There are threads for that too (supporting characters and the laurel thread).  Even better, if a Lance family member shows up on another show, then by all means take the conversation to that thread.

*This is super wild, super unsubstantiated, super unmitigated fiction.  IT IS NOT A SPOILER AT ALL.  If people start spreading this around as an actual spoiler, I will be exasperated and will probably have to go into the "Arrow Witness Protection-from-angry-and/or-disappointed-fans Protection Program."

• Love 1

Color me confused too. My impression was any advanced information, i.e., anything that hasn't officially aired in show would be a spoiler and that seemed to be the gist of this thread when I joined a few weeks ago.  Even advanced info via interviews with Guggs, foreign promos, etc. ahead of actually airing would be considered "spoilers" for those desiring to enjoy the show "spoiler-free". I'm new here, so I'm still learning the lay of the land, but I'll be biting my tongue (or sitting on my fingers) until it's clearer to me what's what. :)

• Love 3

You are exasperating.  I am probably exasperating.

If you must, call these The Summer Spoiler Rules.

I have outlined what is and is not a spoiler for the unfronts in my previous post.  I have defined what a spoiler is and is not.

Spoilers in the summer are most often unspoiled speculation, and until actual pieces of script, casting, reports and/or unlicensed photos of episodes come out, they are not spoilers.  If MG or an actor tweets (which is the most public of forums), it is not a spoiler.  If they did, they might lose their jobs and/or get sued.  

Summer Hiatuses are difficult.  Lots of time to twiddle ones thumbs.

Of course I want you to use your judgement.  Generally you have good judgment when it comes to spoilers.  

In the fall the area does get a little gray and we will outline new guidelines.  While these rules may change in the fall, or in the near/far future, right now they are the rules.

Another big rule that you many of you know by now:  If you have an issue, question, or need clarification on any thread, you must PM a mod.  This board is for talking about (the very few if any right now) actual spoilers.  If you have questions, PM a mod.  We are happy to answer you.  Seriously.  We are happy to hear from you in a PM.

I was all set to post today about how much I appreciate everyone here and their willingness to adapt and be respectful of others. I wanted to welcome the new posters.  I wanted to thank the old posters.  I can't post that now, and that above all, is what makes me the grouchiest.

• Love 1

Dearest Spoiler Posters, both Sane and Sanity-challenged,

I'm locking the thread for the foreseeable future. 

You're not in trouble.  It's not you, it's the lack of spoilers to discuss.

The thread will reopen.  Maybe Wednesday; maybe after ComicCon; maybe not until September.  We're going to be mysterious and keep you on your toes.

Like or hate it, it's been quite the season.

You are all delightfully weird.  So for me, season three has been a lot of fun.

• Love 3
(edited)

Is this still locked? Yes? No? Let's test it out.

So, the casting spoilers for the dude geek are eeenteresting. Yay for him being African-American! And I can't help but wonder if they want a male Felicity to play love interest for either Laurel or Thea.

Also, he's totally gonna be connected to HIVE, right?

Edit: It's not locked! The Spoiler Thread, it rises from the Lazarus Pit.

Edited by dancingnancy
  • Love 10