Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

You know I think you're probably right, outdoors scenes always need ADR so why not? And it is rather late to do that since the episode will air in 5 days but that would explain why they anounced today the episode will be 2 minutes longer. They've probably just finished editing/post production.

• Love 1

You know I think you're probably right, outdoors scenes always need ADR so why not? And it is rather late to do that since the episode will air in 5 days but that would explain why they anounced today the episode will be 2 minutes longer. They've probably just finished editing/post production.

They've been cutting it close a bit lately. I remember when the Arrow Production Office Twitter account posted about 3x21, I looked at the calendar and counted 5 days before the broadcast.

As for Stephen's tweet, God bless him, turning a response to a birthday greeting into something that would tickle fans.

• Love 3

Won't buy that it's happening until it's ACTUALLY happening, but I could see them playing with that scene.

They show them in the car and pan out to show the car heading into the sunset:

Oliver: So...how do you feel about a trip to Vegas

Felicity: (interrupting) Omigod, Oliver, I...

Oliver: ...to see your Mom?

Felicity: Wait...what?

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm not saying there's a ring involved, but IF there is a ring involved, I could see them not playing out the proposal and just showing a ring on Felicity's finger in the Porsche.

... excuse me while I now return to gently tucking down my hopes. Damn you SA, you loveable fanboy.

Edited by Soulfire
  • Love 2

I'm going to dial down my inner (and outer) fangirl and take it that Oliver and Felicity will be an official couple. No more dangling maybes or will they/won't they. Just straight up togetherness. In a Porsche. Making Mama Smoak happy.

• Love 10
(edited)

IF they did such a thing, and IF that Porsche scene is real, then I think they'd probably just show the two of them with rings on their fingers and maybe not even address it. It would be like the "I love you" mania of last season but however many times worse. 

Or, maybe he tells her he wants to go to Vegas, and we're left wondering if it's for a quickie wedding or if he wants to go visit her mom, haha. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 4

I wouldn't mind the surprise rings but only if we get flashback in s4 of what exactly went down. Not that I want them to get married, I still think it's too soon.

When I read the tweet I thought he meant Donna would be very proud of her daughter. Maybe she does something very brave or the fact that she's now CEO.

I wouldn't mind the surprise rings but only if we get flashback in s4 of what exactly went down. Not that I want them to get married, I still think it's too soon.

When I read the tweet I thought he meant Donna would be very proud of her daughter. Maybe she does something very brave or the fact that she's now CEO.

I think it's too soon, but I'm guessing it's relationship related, since he referred to Donna's "maternal instincts." I think he's probably referring to that scene she had in the hospital with Felicity in 3x18.

• Love 5

It's way too soon. I think for sure it means they're definitely together. The 'maternal instincts' thing is throwing me though. My first thought when I read it was an engagement. Whatever happens, as long as we get a bit of happy, I'll deal. 

Oh yeah I forgot about that scene. That's true that she said she knew after 5 seconds. And now I'm getting excited. I don't like getting excited for an episode I always end up disappointed. I still hope it's just that they end the season together and very happy (no last minute wedding).

I'M SO CONFLICTED.

I'm remain wholly and totally unconflicted. I'm 100% pro elopement marriage, happiness however fleeting or impermanent.

• Love 14
(edited)

I think at this point an elopement would be either fanservice or an admission that they completely screwed up Olicity this season, which they did.  Story-wise, it makes even less sense than the theory that Felicity will take Nyssa's place in that wedding and Oliver will end up really married to her.

There are a number of viewers who have posted in various places that Felicity shouldn't forgive Oliver.  Seeing them married now isn't going to sweep all that resentment under the rug. 

(For me, as much as I was a huge Olicity shipper since 1x03, right now I would personally stand up in the hall to stop that wedding.)

Resentment from those who don't like Olicity, who ship Lauriver, and who don't like the currently storyline. It's a win-lose-lose position at this point.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 4

I think at this point an elopement would be either fanservice or an admission that they completely screwed up Olicity this season.

I mean, IF this wedding is happening, then I would basically guarantee that it's been in the cards since pre-season. This is the type of thing they plan for, for their whole finale mirrors the premiere motif. No way to know until post-season, and you can reject whatever they tell you, regardless, but that moment in the hospital of Oliver seeing Dig with his family and looking at them all longingly is going to pay off somehow.

• Love 15

I mean, IF this wedding is happening, then I would basically guarantee that it's been in the cards since pre-season. This is the type of thing they plan for, for their whole finale mirrors the premiere motif. No way to know until post-season, and you can reject whatever they tell you, regardless, but that moment in the hospital of Oliver seeing Dig with his family and looking at them all longingly is going to pay off somehow.

THIS. Regardless of what happens there's always going to be a faction of fans who don't like what's happening. You can't please everyone. And I highly doubt they decided to pull a wedding out of nowhere. These things are planned months in advance. 

• Love 4

I can't get too excited about anything Olicity related because we know Oliver's child and baby momma are waiting in the wings.  I really wish they had never introduced that story line.  Usually I don't like it when shows drop story lines, but I will gladly be happy if this one goes away.  Is it only Friday,  I don't think I can wait until Wednesday, then all summer. Good thing I have it all on DVR for rewatching!

• Love 1

I'm just not sure how the finale next week will be an end chapter for the first 3 Seasons. I do want Oliver/Felicity in a good place but I want on-screen flirty-flirt & happiness for MANY MANY episodes in S4 DAMN-IT!! 

So far they got half a blown up date and maybe an hour or 2 in the Nanda Parbat love suite.

I don't think baby Mama drama is necessarily is a thing to impede Olicity, more like dead-beat Dad Ollie would be

• Love 2

The problem Olicity will have with Connor is if it turns out Oliver has known about him for years and stayed away to protect him, which seems very likely considering his reaction to Baby Mama in CC and now with Akio's death. Felicity would trigger at that and react poorly, but will probably find out her own father has some similar story. Also lends a layer to that scene with Ra's, if it turns out there are parallels between his story of leaving his family, Felicity's dad leaving, and Oliver choosing not to be part of Connor's life.

• Love 4
(edited)

I really don't see, at all, how those tweets have gotten us back to an Olicity wedding.  Again.  One episode after the Oliver/Nyssa wedding.  It is far, far, far likelier that they are simply going to agree, mutually, to DATE.  

I thought we were DONE with the S3 wedding speculation!!!

Also, Amell oversells the crap out of EVERYTHING.  If Felicity got a hangnail, his tweet would read "WILL THEIR LOVE SURVIVE?!?!  BEST EPISODE EVAH!!!"

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 10
(edited)

It's not just that tweet, it's a combination of things that might ultimately amount to nothing. The fact that MG said they needed to get the sex out of the way before the events of the finale, their alleged ride off into the sunset, the fact that there's a Queen Inc. in the future that we all assumed meant Oliver got his company back, when Felicity could be the Queen in Queen Inc. now that Ray signed it over to her. I thought it earlier, that tweet just made me think it some more. I don't necessarily think it will happen, that's why I posted the idea of Oliver and Felicity eloping along with "crazy talk."

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 6
(edited)

I don't understand why people constantly think Felicity will badly react to finding out Oliver has a son? In fact I think she'll be extra understanding once/if (depends i guess) Oliver will say he kept quiet to protect him... Seriously what woman wouldn't melt at that?! a man choosing the best interest of his child over selfish desires.. sometimes the best thing for a child is to not grow up/know one or both of their parents.

ETA: because Quite and Quiet are two very different words.

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 2

I don't understand why people constantly think Felicity will badly react to finding out Oliver has a son? In fact I think she'll be extra understanding once/if (depends i guess) Oliver will say he kept quite to protect him... Seriously what woman wouldn't melt at that?! a man choosing the best interest of his child over selfish desires.. sometimes the best thing for a child is to not grow up/know one or both of their parents.

I don't think she will react badly, but cardinal rule #1 of TV you can't keep your main couple together and happy - it's boring, so Oliver's child must cause strife. And it will detract from the Team. And I for one have had enough of that this season.  I need quality Felicity/Oliver/Diggle time. 

I don't understand why people constantly think Felicity will badly react to finding out Oliver has a son? In fact I think she'll be extra understanding once/if (depends i guess) Oliver will say he kept quite to protect him... Seriously what woman wouldn't melt at that?! a man choosing the best interest of his child over selfish desires.. sometimes the best thing for a child is to not grow up/know one or both of their parents.

Yeah, not to mention that Felicity knew he was a man-ho from well before Lian Yu. He was a tabloid fixture, after all. She also knows he's a much different man now.

• Love 5

Yeah, not to mention that Felicity knew he was a man-ho from well before Lian Yu. He was a tabloid fixture, after all. She also knows he's a much different man now.

I'd love it if her reaction was, "I'm surprised you have just the one."

• Love 21

Laurel is the one that should be affected. It should make her even more disgusted with Oliver.

Not sure about disgusted, but I hope it will be just another affirmation for her at how dysfunctional and toxic their relationship was.

• Love 7

Laurel is the one that should be affected. It should make her even more disgusted with Oliver.

I'm not sure that there is a level of disgust existing in the philosophical universe that is "more" than her current level of disgust.  It actually cracks me up how those two (the characters, not the actors) seem genuinely to dislike and have no respect for or interest in one another.  I really don't see how there are any shippers of that relationship left.

• Love 4
(edited)

You know I thought about this "transfer of ownership" from Ray to Felicity and the self made-independent-feminist in me doesn't like the Idea of Felicity not opening her own business but having it hand delivered to her in a silver platter (or a pen). I am far more than aware that she is qualified, but.. it popped in my head and now the happiness of Felicity Smoak CEO of QC/PT/whatever it will be called now, is slightly tainted :-/

Edited by foreverevolving

I don't think she will react badly, but cardinal rule #1 of TV you can't keep your main couple together and happy - it's boring, so Oliver's child must cause strife. And it will detract from the Team. And I for one have had enough of that this season.  I need quality Felicity/Oliver/Diggle time.

Not true there have been TV Couples who were/are generally happy. It's called good writing

• Love 15

There certainly can be, but I think it might be harder for a show like this, because everything has to be angsty all the time. I made this point over in The Flash forum- that's a show where I think it really could work, because the general tone is light and funny and it doesn't need to be melodramatic at all if it didn't want to (at least where the romances are concerned). They could have a happy couple actually be happy and fun. I think on this one, that's a tougher hurdle. I mean, is Oliver ever happy anyway? I can't even imagine it. It would change the tone of the show, for one thing.

He'd only drag Felicity down, which is exactly of what's happened a lot this season, and I think that's a bad thing for her character. One, because EBR is not nearly as good with dramatic material as she is with the comedy, and I think the show really does need her to be the comic relief. I think pushing her out of that role in order the make this Oliver/Felicity thing happen has been pretty damaging to the dynamic of the show.

Apart from Sara's death, most of what upset Felicity this season was not being with Oliver.  I'd say she has a much better chance of returning to the comic relief role if she's with Oliver - as she's said, having him in her life is what makes her happy.  

And yes, Oliver has also had his happy moments - with Thea, definitely, occasionally with Tommy in the first season, one moment with Shado in the second season, and several happy moments with Felicity. I don't think a relationship with her will change him that much - but he might start smiling a bit more. In fact, I'd say he needs that relationship to evolve into the quippier Green Arrow - something we got a hint of in the first episode of the season, and in that snark about Felicity and Palmer possibly being related. 

• Love 19

And even when Oliver was being his usual grumpy cat self in the crossover episodes, all of his interaction with Felicity worked beautifully, because she was pretty much mocking him for being a grumpy cat.

To go back to actual spoilers, the way both MG and Stephen are talking about this episode feeling like a series finale -- there's no way it doesn't end on a happier note. [Even if there's a coda with the 'kinda cliffhanger'.]

I'm taking MG saying Palmer gets a good send off as a clue towards that as well.

• Love 7

CEhFXbDVAAAK_G3.jpg

Ummm .....

The comment about maternal instincts translated to me as natural motherly feels so maybe not specifically that Donna mother of Felicity is over the moon about the relationship development between her daughter and Oliver (though them just being together would please her) but maybe the reason why Oliver and Felicity might be riding off into a sunset meets a momma's instinct to comfort and make it all better. 

I'd like for them to leave Starling for a while for some much needed R&R and TLC.   Time to go be together, heal and explore everything in their hearts.  

You know I thought about this "transfer of ownership" from Ray to Felicity and the self made-independent-feminist in me doesn't like the Idea of Felicity not opening her own business but having it hand delivered to her in a silver platter (or a pen). I am far more than aware that she is qualified, but.. it popped in my head and now the happiness of Felicity Smoak CEO of QC/PT/whatever it will be called now, is slightly tainted :-/

I get it but I'm not going to worry about any slightly precieved taint because she's already probably going to be dogged her entire career with rumors that she only got to where she is because she slept with her boss. (Made worse because she DID have a relationship with Ray and now with Oliver.)  At this point it's too late to put the genie back in the bottle.  It's not why she's successful at her job and those that matter will know and those that don't will keep on hating.  (In the Arrow universe and in the fandom)   I fully believe that Felicity in Ray's eye's earned the transfer of the company.  She's probably already shaped and transformed Palmer tech into what it is and I fully believe we will see her continue to do great things with it. 

Plus how incredibly awesome is it that Felicity is going to be the billionaire backer of crime fighting in Starling City?  (Yes I said billionaire!  I aim high)

• Love 8

I cannot stop laughing at like, Royal Concubine Oliver, petted and indulged. He could just spend all day working out and getting prettified.

As long as he waits until Felicity gets home to start the Salmon Ladder portion of his work out.

• Love 6
(edited)

I really don't want Oliver and Felicity to get married in the S3 finale - it's too soon.  I much prefer the idea (that someone else posted earlier) that they basically go on a "first date" again to restart their romantic relationship.

Regarding Felicity being gifted the company - it's no worse than Oliver becoming CEO because he's a Queen.  Also, it was Felicity that made the Atom suit work, so you could view it as an even trade.  If not for Felicity, Ray would have no Atom suit.  Moreover, Ray knows Team Arrow is using PT as their new lair, so it may be his way of also contributing to the team and their cause (and helping SC).

The Porsche is probably a company car.

Incidentally, with time-travel being a thing on The Flash and LOT, I had this crazy idea (mixed up with reading a review that compared this show to Angel) where a teenage Connor Hawk shows up in SC courtesy of time travel (see, he even as the same name as Angel's son).

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

It's not just that tweet, it's a combination of things that might ultimately amount to nothing. The fact that MG said they needed to get the sex out of the way before the events of the finale, their alleged ride off into the sunset, the fact that there's a Queen Inc. in the future that we all assumed meant Oliver got his company back, when Felicity could be the Queen in Queen Inc. now that Ray signed it over to her. I thought it earlier, that tweet just made me think it some more. I don't necessarily think it will happen, that's why I posted the idea of Oliver and Felicity eloping along with "crazy talk."

I will join you in CrazyTown. I do not think an elopement between O/F is off the table. It would not surprise me if they were married by the end of the episode. But it is crazy, so the odds are probably not in my favor. If it happens I can join the minority in saying I knew it & believed it would happen. If it doesn't happen, I won't lose any sleep over it.

What I do think is likely to happen is that we will see some cut to ring fingers with rings on them in the last few mins & either O will say something like... "so that happened" & F will say "I'm glad it did", to parallel the morning after scene. Or they'll mention something about last names or other married hints. It will be the perfect dangling ending the writers love to give. We have information that something happened, but we won't know to s4 are they just engaged or already married? It will be the beach scene just on steroids.

I generally do not trust Tiffany Voight's opinion on spoilers, but didn't she say something about Olicity fans are going to enjoy what O/F said to each while making love? I have analyzed that footage multiple times & there is no dialogue. But there are missing pieces that were never shown. Perhaps O/F are already engaged? I mean it could be something they discussed in the moment. We could get a little fb later on in series. But the car scene could show F looking at her ring, and some comments being made about making it official or glad you had time to find a ring & save the world. Cue O perhaps saying something about the ring being a family heirloom or he had one picked out for months. Them fully committing to wanting to be with each other despite everything going against them in the moment, would have been beautiful. But because it was said in the moment, there could have been the ambiguity that they both said it but perhaps even though the words were true, the intention might have been unclear. So in someway it parallels S2 ILY scene, there was ambiguity as to what O's true intentions were, but it was clear (to me at least) or became clear that he really meant the words, even if he didn't know it in the moment.

IDK, I think its crazy to believe that they will be married by the end of 323. But call me a lil crazy, but it could happen.

What I don't think is crazy talk is them being engaged by the end of 323. An O/F engagement is the perfect sorta cliffhanger that would be an excellent way to end O's journey & provide some sweetness to an otherwise bitterness laced s3. In fact, I would be shocked/seriously surprised if they ended s3 without hinting that they are engaged. Sunset drives & ring shots just go together in TV world, esp as a ending to a story. It ends it, but implies a new beginning at the same time.

• Love 3

I think it would be interesting if Oliver and Felicity do decide to get out of town for a bit and the whole 3.5 comics takes place with them in Vegas and him out of costume. Maybe Roy even shows up and they fight crime in hoodies and grease paint masks again. :)

• Love 1

Yeah Diggle getting his own storyline in season 4 is marginalizing him. SMH

I *think* he was referencing my comment regarding the 3.5 comics which was really just a joke. But honestly, I don't expect Diggle to have a huge presence in those comics anyway given the spoilers we've had.  If the Oliver/Diggle tension is going to continue into season four and likely be resolved by the HIVE story and/or Conner story - I don't think they are going to be partners over the summer. In fact, I don't think Team Arrow is going to function much over the summer at all. 

The finale could have some huge "I am Iron Man" reveal about Oliver and the Arrow, but I consider that very unlikely.  So baring that, they have to write Oliver into functioning as the Arrow (likely Green Arrow) again in season four.  It wouldn't be cool to do that in the comics and have TV fans miss it, so I think Oliver might be taking a break, going away with Felicity, etc... in the finale and we will see him get into full-on vigilante gear after a couple of episodes in season four.  That is why I said that I could see the comics leveraging the hoodie/grease paint/fight crime in another city route.

Now the comics could choose to cover all of what Team Arrow is doing in their "down time" so that we have comics focused mostly on Diggle, Laurel, and Thea as well.  But they have to be careful with Oliver in the comics so that his transition back into the hood makes sense in season four.  Plus I also think the comics are a great way for the EPs to keep telling stories with Roy so I hope they do that some.

• Love 3
I *think* he was referencing my comment regarding the 3.5 comics

Yup

which was really just a joke

ok

Yeah Diggle getting his own storyline in season 4 is marginalizing him.

We'll see about that.