Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Gawd, I just adore Jackie Chan. He radiates warmth and charm and sincerity, and while I don't really watch his movies, I'm so happy that he's getting an honorary Oscar. And aside from breaking a lot of ground for Asian actors in Hollywood and having a reputation as a "nice guy", he does so much charity work - especially for children across Asia.

Edited by Sugar
  • Love 5

I don't like the dresses with the slit cut up to the very top of the thigh.  A wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen.  Of course, most of them probably want that to happen. 

I didn't like Felicity Jones' dress either - washed her out.  Plus her boobs seemed a bit saggy - adequate support, ladies!  It's the best thing to improve your look. 

• Love 2

Summy Pawar is so damn adorable and I love his shoes, fashionable and comfortable at the same time.

I want to see Lion just because of him.

I don't want Casey to win because of his past actions and because Denzel did such an outstanding job in Fences which was produced on a shoestring budget.

Edited by maraleia
  • Love 6

My 16 year old (son) has a man-crush on Justin Timberlake and just said there's no such thing as being tired of JT. Lol. We both like that song but he thinks City of Lights is going to win and I think the La La Land ones are going to split the vote and the one from Moana is going to win.

Edited by Eureka
  • Love 1

Summy Pawar is so damn adorable and I love his shoes, fashionable and comfortable at the same time.

I want to see Lion just because of him.

Sunny carries the first half of the movie, almost entirely on his own.  I only realized when it ended that it was subtitled. 

• Love 2
Just now, Browncoat said:

I hate that particular shade of yellow on Leslie Mann, too. 

Leslie thinks it's the same shade as Michelle Williams gorgeous Vera Wang from 10 years ago.....But it's NOT.  Michelle's was a Goldenrod, but Leslie is wearing icky mustard. 

• Love 1

I'm glad I'm not alone in wondering who the hell some of these people are.  I was watching with the TV muted (just hate the inane chatter) but I've been forced to turn the sound on in the hope of identifying some of these "stars." 

• Love 1

@Calvada, I wait for the chyron to tell me who the hell these people are but sometimes it is very slow. I just can't stand the vapidity and refuse to to take the TV off mute as long as the E! people are yapping.

ETA: maybe it's slow because they don't who these people are, either. They're not Kardashians, after all.

Edited by ABay
Just now, Machiabelly said:

The woman with Ross Matthews looks like she is wearing really hi Ugg boots due to the bottom of her dress

It looks like she stepped into a carnivorous shag carpet.