Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Agreed.

Has anybody arrived yet or do E just have a bad place this year?

There is way too much Ross Mathews in the E! telecast. He is awful and gets worse with every live telecast. I do like his partner though.

If you haven't already seen it, you might enjoy Hollywood Reporter's Brutally Honest Oscar Ballot series.

I was reading up on this all last week and it really bugs me that so many of the Academy voters (not surprisingly though) vote for what they can relate to (straight, white male etc. etc. rant, rant the usual) and so many others seem to "throw away votes" cause they have not seen all of the contenders.

A directors (can't remember who but not a Best Director nominee) penned an open letter to the Academy members asking them to watch ALL the nominated films that they have to vote on. It's not a big ask...is it?

• Love 3

Who is Zuri with Ross? I'm not familiar with her, but she's 100% better than Ross or Guilianna. 

This little boy is too adorable. I always like when kids are nominated.

I barely recognize Whoopi with no makeup. She just looks so different.

• Love 1

I love Eddie Redmayne. Love. That is all.

(I really liked Brooklyn and haters can suck it)

I liked Brooklyn as well. Spotlight was my favorite movie this year, but I doubt it will get any love, because people love The Revenant more. I thought The Revenant was okay, but I liked so many of the other films better.

Saoirse's dress was pretty. I liked that it was emerald green. I guess I generally like some sort of color in the dresses, since there is usually a lot of neutrals.

• Love 3

Oh lord, is she trying to be Jennifer Lawrence?

I've been wondering that for weeks now but the latest carpet appearance confirms it. I also don't think she's that good at the Lawrence style banter hence she over Irishes it at every opportunity to win everyone over. I'm surprised she didn't arrive draped in the flag.

• Love 2

I've been wondering that for weeks now but the latest carpet appearance confirms it. I also don't think she's that good at the Lawrence style banter hence she over Irishes it at every opportunity to win everyone over. I'm surprised she didn't arrive draped in the flag.

She'll wear the flag next year.

I do not like Olivia Munn, but I liked her dress. It was simple, but interesting.

Jennifer Jason Leigh's dress isn't great. It looks very dated. I am guessing she is already drunk.

I love Brie Larson's dress. The color is gorgeous.

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 1

Rooney was surprisingly adorable in Carol, but way too severe here.

I agree she was adorable in Carol. I guess I would say her real life looks seem a bit severe.

I am not a Chrissy Teigen fan, but she look great, especially while pregnant. 

• Love 1