Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

On 7/26/2020 at 2:55 PM, Casseiopeia said:

Selfishly, I would like to see him be the lead in a project for once.

I agree, but he has such presence that he 'takes over' onscreen and becomes the lead by default.  He can't help it, he's just that good.  I liked The Boys, but whatever he does after Supernatural he'll always be Dean to me.  Le sigh.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

Me too.  I love that guy.

Me too, but I sure hope people are able to see beyond Dean, or he might as well retire and run the brewery. Dean will always have a big part of my heart, but I can't wait for Jensen to 'be' someone else!

• Love 13
Just now, gonzosgirrl said:

Me too, but I sure hope people are able to see beyond Dean, or he might as well retire and run the brewery. Dean will always have a big part of my heart, but I can't wait for Jensen to 'be' someone else!

Same.  

• Love 3

On 7/28/2020 at 12:16 PM, gonzosgirrl said:

From Danneel's Instastory, they are doing a 5k walk (as a family) for charity. Good lord, the tatts. THE HAIR! 

https://instagram.com/stories/danneelackles512/2363319827975990657?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=1h7rouh2nplkr

20200728_121059.jpg

20200728_121103.jpg

Oh my god ARMS and EYES and HAIR!  Yes entirely shallow.

He's really too gorgeous for words. He's gotten even better looker as he's gotten older.  That sometimes happens to guys who weren't that great when they were young, who were kind of average and somehow they get a glow up when they add some years to their looks. 

Jensen was gorgeous when he was a teen, gorgeous in his 20s's and he's just getting better and better. Now, somehow he manages to be rugged and beautiful at the same time.

• Love 10
(edited)
52 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Honestly I think he would have killed Walker.  Sorry Jared...

Edited by Casseiopeia
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I agree as well. He has the range and talent to play anything, anywhere. But, that said, I love what he has done to make Dean Winchester the iconic character he is - despite the writing, I may add. I'd love to see Jensen get the opportunity to do that again on a cable show or network that receives more attention and praise. I know he has it in him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
On 7/29/2020 at 6:05 PM, trudysmom said:

I agree, but he has such presence that he 'takes over' onscreen and becomes the lead by default.  He can't help it, he's just that good.  I liked The Boys, but whatever he does after Supernatural he'll always be Dean to me.  Le sigh.

With a lead, there is more of a chance the writing is there, though. Not a guarantee but nominally the character gets treated as more of a priority. And if a vindictive idiot is writing, they can do all kinds of horrible things with non-leads. Ahem.

Since Jensen was Alec to me before he was Dean - and still kinda is, even though the huge disparity in content - I think I could easily see him as someone else. I would just hope the project would appeal to me in terms of subject matter. I like genre, what can I say? 😄

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

I would just hope the project would appeal to me in terms of subject matter. 

I agree with this. While I agree with @Casseiopeia that he would kill in a role like Walker I would be reluctant to watch because I don't care for shows like that.

Since Jensen was Alec to me before he was Dean - and still kinda is, even though the huge disparity in content - I think I could easily see him as someone else.

My first Jensen experience was Dawson's Creek but I was too enamored of Joshua Jackson to pay any attention to the wonder that is Jensen ☹️. I also still haven't watched Dark Angel because Jessica Alba's acting sucks ass and I don't think that I would enjoy it because of that. With that being said he will always be Dean to me the same as David Duchovny will always be Fox Mulder even though I've enjoyed him in other projects. It's his signature role so I suppose it's to be expected.

1 minute ago, DeeDee79 said:

While I agree with @Casseiopeia that he would kill in a role like Walker I would be reluctant to watch because I don't care for shows like that.

I say that because Justified was one of the best series I have ever watched.  Walker is sort of the same thing.  I can see Jensen in the Timothy Olyphant role...snarky, gritty, lots of physical action.  I want to see Jensen in something other than a superhero role...under a ton of makeup and costumes.  That genre also seems so one note.  All the stories are exactly the same.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

I say that because Justified was one of the best series I have ever watched.  Walker is sort of the same thing.  I can see Jensen in the Timothy Olyphant role...snarky, gritty, lots of physical action.  I want to see Jensen in something other than a superhero role...under a ton of makeup and costumes.  That genre also seems so one note.  All the stories are exactly the same.

I have mixed feelings about the superhero genre. One the one hand as you said the stories are all the same. On the other it would give him widespread recognition that he doesn't have now and would put him on the A list and open more doors to him. I can't help but think of how many opportunities he may have had if he had gone for the Hawkeye role.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

I want to see Jensen in something other than a superhero role...under a ton of makeup and costumes.  That genre also seems so one note.  All the stories are exactly the same.

Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion :), but I respectfully disagree. The superhero genre isn't necessarily all about makeup and costumes, and some of the Marvel movies, in my opinion, are films that stand on their own apart from being based on a comic book hero. Captain America: Winter Soldier is one of my favorite all-time movies, and it's not because it's a "superhero" movie, but because I find the characters and the story being told compelling and emotionally powerful. I think Jensen would rock it in a well-told superhero movie - he has the gravitas and warmth that could really pull something like that off. 

On the other hand, I'm right there with you on Justified. I'm rewatching it right now, and man. It is SO good. The good thing about getting older is that I've forgotten so much since my first watch, it's like I'm getting to watch it fresh! 😂

19 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

I also still haven't watched Dark Angel because Jessica Alba's acting sucks ass and I don't think that I would enjoy it because of that.

Jessica Alba is definitely a chore to get through, but she doesn't detract from Jensen at all. If you can get it for free and FF through Jessica Alba's parts, you won't be sorry. 🙂

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, bethy said:

Jessica Alba is definitely a chore to get through, but she doesn't detract from Jensen at all. If you can get it for free and FF through Jessica Alba's parts, you won't be sorry. 🙂

I'm still considering it! Is it on any streaming services?

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

I'm still considering it! Is it on any streaming services?

I don't know. I may have bought the DVDs of the season Jensen was in. 😬

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

Thank you! I'm going to check them out tonight 🙂

I think they could have used just about any 'Alec' scene as a flashback for young Dean Winchester. You can def see where his roguish Dean came from. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I think they could have used just about any 'Alec' scene as a flashback for young Dean Winchester. You can def see where his roguish Dean came from. 

Which season was it when he was written out? I want to make sure that I skip the clips for that one.

(edited)
5 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

Which season was it when he was written out? I want to make sure that I skip the clips for that one.

As far as I can remember 

Spoiler

He wasn't written out. He was only in one S1 ep and they liked him so much they wrote him a character for S2. It only has two seasons. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. It was Superman he was written out of.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

As far as I can remember 

Hide contents

He wasn't written out. He was only in one S1 ep and they liked him so much they wrote him a character for S2. It only has two seasons. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. It was Superman he was written out of.

If I recall correctly @ILoveReading mentioned

Spoiler

that he was written out because Jessica Alba and Michael Weatherly made a fuss about the amount of screentime that he was getting. Is that true?

• Useful 1
Just now, DeeDee79 said:

If I recall correctly @ILoveReading mentioned

Hide contents

that he was written out because Jessica Alba and Michael Weatherly made a fuss about the amount of screentime that he was getting. Is that true?

He wasn't written out.  It's just that:

Spoiler

Alec's important and focus was drastically reduced.  He stopped getting the focus he got in the early season and he lost skills he should have had.  It's clear as day when you watch s2 that something changed with with regard to Alec and yes its true that Alba and Weatherly were very jealous of the focus he got.  They would count lines in front of him, and if Alec had more Weatherly would demand a rewrite, there was a scene where Alec was supposed to win a pool game and Weatherly insisted Logan win and that Logan had to save Alec in the  finale.

Despite all this, s2 is still worth watching because Jensen completely took over.  But if you don't want to watch the whole season definitely watch The Berrisford Agenda. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Reveal spoiler

Alec's important and focus was drastically reduced.  He stopped getting the focus he got in the early season and he lost skills he should have had.  It's clear as day when you watch s2 that something changed with with regard to Alec and yes its true that Alba and Weatherly were very jealous of the focus he got.  They would count lines in front of him, and if Alec had more Weatherly would demand a rewrite, there was a scene where Alec was supposed to win a pool game and Weatherly insisted Logan win and that Logan had to save Alec in the  finale.

Despite all this, s2 is still worth watching because Jensen completely took over.  But if you don't want to watch the whole season definitely watch The Berrisford Agenda. 

Wow, sounds like what happened with SPN. I'm going to check out the episode that you recommended; thanks for the info!

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

Wow, sounds like what happened with SPN. I'm going to check out the episode that you recommended; thanks for the info!

Also watch Pollo Loco from season

Also, at first the PTB didn't want to hire Jensen for the role becasue they didn't feel he was buff enough to play a super solider.  But he impressed the producer to much with his acting that she went to bat for him and told them they wouldn't regret hiring him.  Jensen impressed them so much, they gave him the role but also brought him back for s2. 

Even with all the problems.  Its still a great role for Jensen.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Also watch Pollo Loco from season

Also, at first the PTB didn't want to hire Jensen for the role becasue they didn't feel he was buff enough to play a super solider.  But he impressed the producer to much with his acting that she went to bat for him and told them they wouldn't regret hiring him.  Jensen impressed them so much, they gave him the role but also brought him back for s2. 

Even with all the problems.  Its still a great role for Jensen.

Ok, I'm going to add that episode too; thanks! No one can deny Jensen's talent once they see him in action. That's why I'm really hoping that he gets a gig that will expose him to a broader audience. I'll definitely be watching if he's on The Boys but I'm crossing my fingers for something bigger than that.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ILoveReading said:

I'd say watch ep. 1 (Designate This) first.  You can literally see the scenes come to life when Jensen shows up.  It's like magic.  (Berrisford is the best Jensen ep, but you really need to see who Alec is before you see under the facade in this ep; that is, if you can wade through the bad acting and boring explanations of the rest of the ep.)  It's available on You Tube.

• Love 4
(edited)
13 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

Reveal spoiler

I remember way back in Season 1 of Supernatural when I was learning all about Jensen, all the older fans would talk about The Berrisford Agenda being great, so much so that I was kind of reluctant to watch it, because it's almost inevitable people hype things up so much you end up going "That's it? So?"  But I bought both seasons of Dark Angel(even though Jensen is only in episode of Season 1) and finally got to that episode and I have to say I was NOT disappointed.  It lived up to the hype as it were.  But I do think it helps to watch at least some of the earlier episodes first so that way you can understand the magnitude of what's being revealed about the character in the context of his character development.

Of course, now I think we've seen so much more from Jensen and what he's capable of, the effect might be different and perhaps not as much of a "wow"(I couldn't say for sure because of course when I watched it we didn't have 15 years of Jensen plumbing the depths of Dean Winchester to compare it to:)) but I really do think it's a very good episode and he's great in it.  

Edited by tessathereaper
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, tessathereaper said:

I remember way back in Season 1 of Supernatural when I was learning all about Jensen, all the older fans would talk about The Berrisford Agenda being great, so much so that I was kind of reluctant to watch it, because it's almost inevitable people hype things up so much you end up going "That's it? So?"  But I bought both seasons of Dark Angel(even though Jensen is only in episode of Season 1) and finally got to that episode and I have to say I was NOT disappointed.  It lived up to the hype as it were.  But I do think it helps to watch at least some of the earlier episodes first so that way you can understand the magnitude of what's being revealed about the character in the context of his character development.

Of course, now I think we've seen so much more from Jensen and what he's capable of, the effect might be different and perhaps not as much of a "wow"(I couldn't say for sure because of course when I watched it we didn't have 15 years of Jensen plumbing the depths of Dean Winchester to compare it to:)) but I really do think it's a very good episode and he's great in it.  

He made an absolute Art of scene stealing in this series, IMO.

I watched every episode he was in and I suggest doing that in spite of the ridiculousness of the Alba/Weatherly nonsense thay went on and that became clear to me also by the end of S2.

Nothing and no one could stop Jensen from shining in this series, IMO.

I truly loved both he and his character so much by the series end-especially memorable for were his appearances in Two, Medium is the Message, Brainiac(he's not in this one much, but again he was the Scene Stealer Extraordinaire in it), even Gill Girl, which is ludicrous, at times, he still shone like the sun. Same for Borrowed Time.

And yes, the Berrisford Agenda is the cream of the crop, in some ways, but PolLo Loco is every bit as good, IMO, just in a different way.

I think you'll want to watch them all too, Deedee.😉

Please let us know what you think. 🙂

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Myrelle said:

Which could be a bit of a problem in future endeavours.  My own personal opinion —- the majority of today’s actors cannot act. But Jensen is a standout. And it can lead to jealousy if the script starts giving him the juicy stuff because his talent is recognized. Jared never seemed to mind. It could be Dark Angel all over again.  Hope not because Jensen’s a professional.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

Which could be a bit of a problem in future endeavours.  My own personal opinion —- the majority of today’s actors cannot act. But Jensen is a standout. And it can lead to jealousy if the script starts giving him the juicy stuff because his talent is recognized. Jared never seemed to mind. It could be Dark Angel all over again.  Hope not because Jensen’s a professional.

If he was No. 1 on the call sheet this wouldn't be a problem, which is why I have to agree with Aeryn on that point and Kripke's show-a guest stint would be fine, but joining the cast long-term?-nah, not for me either.

Give him his own show or make him the star of a mini-series. 

He could easily handle it and he's more than earned his shot at those type of roles, Imo.

His problem is that sometimes that pesky team player mentality of his  trumps any type of self-interest-especially when the story draws him in, so if we don't get him as "the star", I'd at least hope for something well-written and well-produced-and again hopefully with individuals who have a reputation for such in the business. 🤞

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

If he's acting with pros and not immature prima donnas, he'll be fine. I cite his scenes and chemistry with Mark Sheppard,  who IMO, was the other best actor on the show.  They sizzled together.  Jensen rises to the talent around him (Jim Beaver too).  So while I want him to be the lead, I'm also okay with a great multi-episode guest or suppporting role. 

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

If he's acting with pros and not immature prima donnas, he'll be fine. I cite his scenes and chemistry with Mark Sheppard,  who IMO, was the other best actor on the show.  They sizzled together.  Jensen rises to the talent around him (Jim Beaver too).  So while I want him to be the lead, I'm also okay with a great multi-episode guest or suppporting role. 

It's not just the actors (see Dabb's comments on "letting the others breathe.")  I seem to remember many guest stars saying that he encourages them to bring out their best, but it's no use if the writing isn't there  (How many ways can someone say, "He's dead, Jim"?)

I just want something where he can shine and not have others try their damnedest to dim his light.  

• Love 8

Lindsay B

@lemon_buzz

Supernatural will be back filming the final 2 episodes on August 18th

@WhatsFilming

#yvrshoots

@olv

Well they are back, finishing on 11 Sept - time to get really sad again!

• Love 1

Jensen just needs to get a good role in something that is respected by the public in general, producers and directors. He's so good, the rest will come naturally. Look at Sterling K Brown. If I'm not mistaken, his role on "True Detective" opened doors for him and he is certainly enjoying his celebrity status. And nothing against the actor, but he's certainly no better than Jensen, and IMO not quite as good. So, let's hope Jensen gets that role he needs to open his doors. He certainly deserves it.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Myrelle said:

I watched every episode he was in and I suggest doing that in spite of the ridiculousness of the Alba/Weatherly nonsense thay went on and that became clear to me also by the end of S2.

I truly loved both he and his character so much by the series end-especially memorable for were his appearances in Two, Medium is the Message, Brainiac(he's not in this one much, but again he was the Scene Stealer Extraordinaire in it), even Gill Girl, which is ludicrous, at times, he still shone like the sun. Same for Borrowed Time.

And yes, the Berrisford Agenda is the cream of the crop, in some ways, but PolLo Loco is every bit as good, IMO, just in a different way.

I think you'll want to watch them all too, Deedee.😉

Please let us know what you think. 🙂

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

Hide contents

I didn't have a clue who Jensen was until I started watching Supernatural.  One friend was a Dark Angel fan and her opinion was that Weatherly taught Jensen how to act.  Nope, not at all.  Jensen has the art of listening and reacting down.  The pilot Still life you can find on YouTube, I believe he is outstanding.  But I think because of all the drama he experienced on Dark Angel, he never wants to be in that position again. 

Even though they tried to limit Jensen on Dark Angel, it cost them as the show was canceled.  I did buy season 2 DVD because it wasn't that much and I found myself liking season 2.  Season 1 wasn't as strong for me.  So I just watched a few ep on YouTube of season 1, which wasn't that good of quality. 

But when I started looking at Jensen's acting history, he had several jobs because someone had worked with him and recommended him for the show.  I still haven't watched Smallville, but I have seen a few of them on YouTube.

I just hope he will continue acting.  Too many of the ones I really liked went to directing TV shows.

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, 7kstar said:

One friend was a Dark Angel fan and her opinion was that Weatherly taught Jensen how to act.  Nope, not at all

Nope is right.

In fact, Weatherly admitted and has gone on record by stating that he based his character of Tony Dinozzo in NCIS on what he'd seen Jensen do with Alec.

And I think that's fairly obvious if one has ever watched both shows, so I think your friend might have it backwards there. 😉

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Sweet baby jesus,  it should illegal to look this good after 4 months of quarantine.  Brace yourselves, ladies. Thanks to @ILoveReading for finding this.

Jensen is clearly itching to get back to work.  Hopefully that means he's been putting this time to good use.

• Love 9
On 7/30/2020 at 5:11 PM, DeeDee79 said:

I agree with this. While I agree with @Casseiopeia that he would kill in a role like Walker I would be reluctant to watch because I don't care for shows like that.

My first Jensen experience was Dawson's Creek but I was too enamored of Joshua Jackson to pay any attention to the wonder that is Jensen ☹️. I also still haven't watched Dark Angel because Jessica Alba's acting sucks ass and I don't think that I would enjoy it because of that. With that being said he will always be Dean to me the same as David Duchovny will always be Fox Mulder even though I've enjoyed him in other projects. It's his signature role so I suppose it's to be expected.

WOW I must really be older than dirt! The first role that I associate Jensen with  is Eric Brady on Day of Our Lives. 

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, missbonnie said:

WOW I must really be older than dirt! The first role that I associate Jensen with  is Eric Brady on Day of Our Lives. 

How does someone seeing him for the first time on a different show after his debut on a soap make you older than dirt? Not everyone watches soap operas.

12 hours ago, Myrelle said:

Moved to Dean Winchester thread for comparison (sort of).

• Love 1

So I'm at the halfway mark on The Berrisford Agenda and I have questions. I'm able to follow the story pretty well but the one thing that's taking me out of it is the

Spoiler

disdain that Jessica Alba's character has for Alec throughout the entire episode so far.

What is the backstory on this? Do I have to watch the full season to understand it?

8 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

So I'm at the halfway mark on The Berrisford Agenda and I have questions. I'm able to follow the story pretty well but the one thing that's taking me out of it is the

Reveal spoiler

disdain that Jessica Alba's character has for Alec throughout the entire episode so far.

What is the backstory on this? Do I have to watch the full season to understand it?

Watch the first episode of season 2.  

• Useful 1

I’m just watching the mash up on YouTube of just Jensen (Alec) scenes.. definitely little dollops of our Dean. Jessica is exasperating!  Always the same huffy expression and she garbles her lines. 

On 7/31/2020 at 11:51 AM, Myrelle said:

After watching both episodes I definitely agree.

Spoiler

I haven't watched a lot of young Jensen roles and he's so amazing as both Alec and Ben. While he was equally empathetic and badass as both characters the coldness that he displayed as Ben was chilling and excellent but he still made you feel empathy for how he was completely warped by his brainwashing.

Jessica Alba was actually pretty good in this ep as well though I don't think much of Michael Weatherly's character. 

On 7/30/2020 at 7:55 PM, gonzosgirrl said:

This I agree with also especially in The Berrisford Agenda.

Spoiler

I felt it most during the scene with Max when they were in the bar. Keeping people that he doesn't trust at arms length and downplaying his pain hidden are classic Dean traits that I saw in Alec in these scenes.

On 7/30/2020 at 8:37 PM, ILoveReading said:

But if you don't want to watch the whole season definitely watch The Berrisford Agenda. 

Even though I haven't watched his first episode I was able to piece together the character and his backstory from what I read online. This was an excellent episode mostly because of Jensen. I thought that Max grated a bit but Alec's story kept me engrossed.

Thank you ladies for all of the info!

Edited by DeeDee79
  • Love 1
On 7/31/2020 at 11:01 PM, DeeDee79 said:

How does someone seeing him for the first time on a different show after his debut on a soap make you older than dirt? Not everyone watches soap operas.

Because that was forever ago and I AM older than dirt. LoL

• LOL 3
  • Love 1