Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E19: Baptism By Fire

• Start Topic

Please she prefers you use her title Rear Admiral Vicki Gunvalson OGOC.

Huge Rear Admiral?

I had to avert my eyes when they kept showing her backside in that hideous dress. I think the production crew did it on purpose, cause they have had their fill of Vicki

• Love 4
I don't think any woman would have to "fake the hurt" when their husband cheats on them. That would be a devastating blow.

I agree.  More than once I've seen serial cheaters be devastated by being cheated on.  (Gee...sounds like I lived in a little Peyton Place)

• Love 2

How did this cancer/not cancer storyline become everybody's storyline?

----

It became the main storyline because Vicki/Brooks decided to talk about it on camera with everyone, not just between themselves but with everyone, and they told differing stories to them as well. Vicki kept changing HER story about going to Dr appointments/chemo treatments throughout and Brooks kept changing his story. Add it all up and IMO, Vicki/Brooks did all of this to keep his cancer front and center for HER/THEIR storyline for maximum camera time so that she kept that Orange firmly in her grasp.

• Love 7

With Babbling Brooks gone, hopefully, that is the finale of these women's  obsession with their Bamboozling Brooks saga.

At Brooks' initial presentation, his behavior was unctuous. His ploy obvious. However, no actual danger appeared to be afoot. Vicki simply wanted him--urgently. Perhaps, she holds a fetish for wayward men. Who knows(?).

Earlier, the others may have believed that Brooks was mad, bad, and not so good to know. But, it wasn't their business. Certainly, not at that time.

And, now, IS Brooks "mad, bad, and DANGEROUS to know"? Um, I guess that decision may be based on perspective, partially.Nonetheless, it is time to relinquish the hypocritical reins of accusations, and let. it. go. Please. Geez

• Love 6

With Babbling Brooks gone, hopefully, that is the finale of these women's obsession with their Bamboozling Brooks saga.

At Brooks' initial presentation, his behavior was unctuous. His ploy obvious. However, no actual danger appeared to be afoot. Vicki simply wanted him--urgently. Perhaps, she holds a fetish for wayward men. Who knows(?).

Earlier, the others may have believed that Brooks was mad, bad, and not so good to know. But, it wasn't their business. Certainly, not at that time.

And, now, IS Brooks "mad, bad, and DANGEROUS to know"? Um, I guess that decision may be based on perspective, partially.Nonetheless, it is time to relinquish the hypocritical reins of accusations, and let. it. go. Please. Geez

• Love 3

You know, when Bravo made the mistake (IMO) of allowing the cast to be filmed insisting someone produce medical records, Bravo set the burden of proof bar quite high for this viewer.

Now I am insisting Bravo meet that high level in terms of proof to convince me two people are lying about a serious illness.

So far, Bravo has only offered high school level gossip as so called evidence.

What's his name is not even a HW, who I don't even like.

How is it that these rich, successful women have nothing else to do but involve themselves in someone's personal health decisions? They need to get some hobbies. STAT!

How did this cancer/not cancer storyline become everybody's storyline?

I would have rather watched Terry and Heather sling their skincare products all season long than watch a nano second of the cancer/not cancer garbage.

As far as the baptism goes, only the portion with the choir should have been aired.

----

No one ever insisted.  Vicki in fact asked Shannon what she should do.  There is no evidence that Bravo made anyone request medical records be presented.  I don't understand the high level of proof.  To me high level of proof would be deposing Brooks' treating physician.

I look at this way if I have a medical condition and I do not want it discussed, for whatever reason, the last thing I would do is call up a reporter and do an interviewing claiming I have Stage 3 NHL.  If I was making a medical choice AMA, the last thing I would is again call a reporter and declare myself stopping chemo and acknowledging the help of a cast member and stating I was exploring with her doctor.  To further the idiocy, I would not go on camera and declare, "as of tomorrow I am stopping chemo," and sing the praises of a doctor who essentially boosts immune systems and drop the "doctor's cancer disappeared after this course of high dosage red grape skin therapy.

That is on Brooks and my association Vicki, who sat there like a bobblehead shake her head up and down and affirming Brooks proclamation.

What Bravo, through editing has proffered is circumstantial evidence.  Circumstantial evidence carries the same weight as direct evidence.

Brooks put his health smack dab in the middle of these women's livelihoods.  They earn a living off of this show.  If they were to blindly believe Brooks and later it be discovered it was a sham, their credibility is at stake.  It is the same reason if one has a perjury conviction that is brought up if they testify.  Brooks has been untruthful.  He is suffering the same treatment as Slade who repeatedly rewrote his own history.  Bottom line-Brooks should not be lying to his cast mates or anyone for that matter.

Now nine months after Brooks last chemo treatment he is proclaiming his near end of life prognosis is much rosier with number s down and the like.  I am certain there are dozens of NHL patients who would love to know his course of treatment and in doing so they would need to know just exactly what he was originally facing.  He continues to give interviews.

• Love 5

Vicki is persona non grata by many viewers since the finale. Is this justified? We have three reunion episodes to help us decide. Since the reunion two more HW have dropped her as a friend: Heather & Tamrat. Shannon and Meghan had already written Vicki off. Looks like its just Vicki and Lizzie and Lizzie has her own problems. Lizzie wasn't even invited to the reunion. Will Vicki get her own show? Brandi Glanville didn't...she just got fired.

• Love 2

No one ever insisted. Vicki in fact asked Shannon what she should do. There is no evidence that Bravo made anyone request medical records be presented. I don't understand the high level of proof. To me high level of proof would be deposing Brooks' treating physician.

I look at this way if I have a medical condition and I do not want it discussed, for whatever reason, the last thing I would do is call up a reporter and do an interviewing claiming I have Stage 3 NHL. If I was making a medical choice AMA, the last thing I would is again call a reporter and declare myself stopping chemo and acknowledging the help of a cast member and stating I was exploring with her doctor. To further the idiocy, I would not go on camera and declare, "as of tomorrow I am stopping chemo," and sing the praises of a doctor who essentially boosts immune systems and drop the "doctor's cancer disappeared after this course of high dosage red grape skin therapy.

That is on Brooks and my association Vicki, who sat there like a bobblehead shake her head up and down and affirming Brooks proclamation.

What Bravo, through editing has proffered is circumstantial evidence. Circumstantial evidence carries the same weight as direct evidence.

Brooks put his health smack dab in the middle of these women's livelihoods. They earn a living off of this show. If they were to blindly believe Brooks and later it be discovered it was a sham, their credibility is at stake. It is the same reason if one has a perjury conviction that is brought up if they testify. Brooks has been untruthful. He is suffering the same treatment as Slade who repeatedly rewrote his own history. Bottom line-Brooks should not be lying to his cast mates or anyone for that matter.

Now nine months after Brooks last chemo treatment he is proclaiming his near end of life prognosis is much rosier with number s down and the like. I am certain there are dozens of NHL patients who would love to know his course of treatment and in doing so they would need to know just exactly what he was originally facing. He continues to give interviews.

We see things differently, and that's OK.

I respect and support your opinion.

• Love 1

Vicki is persona non grata by many viewers since the finale. Is this justified? We have three reunion episodes to help us decide. Since the reunion two more HW have dropped her as a friend: Heather & Tamrat. Shannon and Meghan had already written Vicki off. Looks like its just Vicki and Lizzie and Lizzie has her own problems. Lizzie wasn't even invited to the reunion. Will Vicki get her own show? Brandi Glanville didn't...she just got fired.

To me, Vicki's most egregious behavior is not being around for many events.  There seemed to be three events she actually enjoyed and stuck around for-party at her house and her drinking night in Tahiti and the out to dinner instead of Meghan's party.  The woman managed to make Tahiti miserable at times.  With the fake vomiting and addressing Heather spending her husband's money.  In spite of the wohoo persona she tries to put out there she seems miserable most of the time.  Brooks takes her out for dinner on a boat-she makes it about her mother dying.  It is just not about everyone else not being fun, or these women and their drama, she is not all that much fun and has this huge fake persona. 

• Love 11

No one ever insisted. Vicki in fact asked Shannon what she should do. There is no evidence that Bravo made anyone request medical records be presented. I don't understand the high level of proof. To me high level of proof would be deposing Brooks' treating physician.

I look at this way if I have a medical condition and I do not want it discussed, for whatever reason, the last thing I would do is call up a reporter and do an interviewing claiming I have Stage 3 NHL. If I was making a medical choice AMA, the last thing I would is again call a reporter and declare myself stopping chemo and acknowledging the help of a cast member and stating I was exploring with her doctor. To further the idiocy, I would not go on camera and declare, "as of tomorrow I am stopping chemo," and sing the praises of a doctor who essentially boosts immune systems and drop the "doctor's cancer disappeared after this course of high dosage red grape skin therapy.

What Bravo, through editing has proffered is circumstantial evidence. Circumstantial evidence carries the same weight as direct evidence.

Brooks put his health smack dab in the middle of these women's livelihoods. They earn a living off of this show. If they were to blindly believe Brooks and later it be discovered it was a sham, their credibility is at stake. It is the same reason if one has a perjury conviction that is brought up if they testify. Brooks has been untruthful. He is suffering the same treatment as Slade who repeatedly rewrote his own history. Bottom line-Brooks should not be lying to his cast mates or anyone for that matter.

Now nine months after Brooks last chemo treatment he is proclaiming his near end of life prognosis is much rosier with number s down and the like. I am certain there are dozens of NHL patients who would love to know his course of treatment and in doing so they would need to know just exactly what he was originally facing. He continues to give interviews.

ITA. Medical privacy revolves around diagnosis. Which Brooks shared openly prior to filming. Vicki and a Brooks are hiding behind something that they have already breeched. For example, in one of Vicki's blogs she wrote that his numbers are down. So I don't get how you can talk about the lab results, but then say that it is private medical information when someone asks to see it.

• Love 8

I don't believe any of these women when they say they are no longer friends and won't film together. Just last season, Tamra promised us we'd never see her face again.....and we see how that worked out.

• Love 14

I wish i could recall where i read about this but wasn't there some speculation/talk when this season started, that Vicki did not want brook's cancer to be her storyline but Andy insisted on it.

Maybe i read about it here on PT over in the Satan Andy thread.

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 1

I wish i could recall where i read about this but wasn't there some speculation/talk when this season started, that Vicki did not want brook's cancer to be her storyline but Andy insisted on it.

The story is that Vicki did not want Brooks on the show, on camera, and Andy told her she had to film with him because he was a big part of her life or lose her Orange so she then agreed to have Brooks on camera, that was last season though, not this. Andy did not tell Vicki that she/Brooks had to talk about his cancer. Vicki wrote in 1 of her few blogs earlier this season that Brooks did NOT want to discuss it on camera at all and she talked him into it.

ETA, Andy spoke about it on his ask Andy segment and wrote about it in his last book.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 2

I wouldn't be surprised if he lied about his cancer being active just to make Vicki feel sorry for him and ask him to move into her home against the wishes of Briana. Then when she asked him to talk about it on her reality show he did and very badly. Once she caught on to Brooks' lies she didn't want Briana or the HW to know so she lied on top of Brooks' lies causing confusion and mass hysteria amongst Brianna and the HW. Instead of just admitting her lies she's trying to make excuses for him. She needs to confess and throw herself on the mercy of the court of appeals, lol!

screen-shot-2012-12-02-at-8-18-23-pm.png

from Stoopid Housewives Edited by talula
  • Love 1

Loved Heather's line, something like the motto of her people is "never forget"

I think that's more of a Holocaust thing than a Judaism thing. It also struck me odd to hear Heather say she's never attended a baptism b/c she and Terry are "Bu-Jews" (or did she call it "Jewqdists"), straddling Jusiasm and Buddhism.

Yes, Newt Gingrich indeed 'broke up' with his wife as she battled cancer.

While spouses have broken up while their partner had cancer, Newt is not one of them. It turns out that was part of a smear campaign at the time.

I don't believe any of these women when they say they are no longer friends and won't film together. Just last season, Tamra promised us we'd never see her face again.....and we see how that worked out.

So I guess that makes Tamra a liar. LOL 

The issue you and ncsocialworker brought up of the reference of all the off show information, tweets, articles, blogs is beginning to figure in more and more to these shows.  I hope the updates are being viewed more as informational than fodder for debate.  This year especially on all the franchises there was almost as many fireworks after the Reunion filmed as during the show.  Kim Richards had two arrested and multiple relapses, Brandi got fired, quit, no fired, quit, she's coming back, she is not coming back, Andy want's her back, not enough money.   Those are just the tweets and such Brandi released. OC this year filmed the Reunion very close to the air date and I swear there has been more conversation after the filming than during the season.  Please Bravo start the season again this year a month after filming has stopped-not six months like they use to do.

By the time they enter into serious negotiations late this year, Vicki's bank account will be a little lighter.  The difference with Vicki is she doesn't seem to have a romance brewing, Briana seems pretty normal and without Brooks she has nothing to add, We have all seen her insurance, business and the dress line.  So would it be the year they recruit friends for Vicki?  She seems to be friendly with Lauri, Jeana and Lynn who all just happen to be on WWHL Monday night.  She has also asked for Gretchen to come back.

• Love 2

In my view, the entire cast is prone to exaggeration and outright lying to varying degrees.

It is very difficult, for me anyway, to ascertain who is and isn't lying and/or exaggerating, amongst a group of liars and exaggerators.

I include Andy Cohen and his Bravo crew amongst the group of liars and exaggerators.

When Shannon chose to align herself w/ an attempted rapist by proxy, a gaslighter, and an individual who confuses justice w/ retribution, I began to question her judgement and perceptions.

You SO nailed Meghan, although we know she doesn't confuse the two because she's faking #justice.  

Even though her fake, tear-free crying about Lee Ann at the Reunion may fool some, I highly doubt it will fool Jim's second wife, whom I'm sure Meghan also exaggerated her relationship with Lee Ann for.  Remember, something is wrong with Alison because she doesn't like Meghan (who was the other woman for an overlapping stint)! Why not exaggerate a super close relationship with Lee Ann, who probably didn't like Alison (she was the other woman in that case), to stick it to Alison?   

Now Lee Ann can also be used as a reason for going to invasive, screwball lengths to prove Brooks doesn't have cancer! (even though she really did it to take Vicki down).  Instead of #justice, Meghan's hashtag should be #revenge.

Boy, Lee Ann sure proved useful for Meghan this season!

Edited by cherry slushie
  • Love 2

Baptism by fire is on my tv right now....I was watching Don't be Tardy for the sleazy dimwit laugh-fest that it is, but while I was out of the room fixing dinner, this crap came on....anyhow, someone on one of these threads mentioned trampy's fillers and the effect it had on the appearance of her face, and I suddenly thought AHAH!!!!! That's why she looks like she has mile-wide cheekbones and itty-bitty-piggy eyes!

....and WHAT THE HELL is that crap that the scuzzy tramp suddenly 'loves jesus' and is getting her 'sins' washed away....got news for you tramp bitch, baptism DOES NOT wash away ALL your sins....in catholic theology - which is how I was raised/indoctrinated - it only washes away original sin...which I am quite sure she has zero, zilch, zip knowlege/comprehension of....don't know what all the other offshoots of christianity beleive baptism is for, but it seems to me that if all you had to do was get dunked in a swimming pool to have all the evil things you've done erased, there'd be zero incentive to live a moral, ethical, life....and I don't even want to THINK of what a world it would be with that mindset ruling things...

....on second thought, that's probably just the kind of short cut to heaven trampy and icky think 'faith' is for....

....may karma teach them a very important lesson...

Oh yah.....what's up with trampy suddenly SOOOOOOO deliberate in her obvious over-enunciation of every 't' that comes out of her pie hole?  Did she somehow get the idea that this is a sign of intelligence?   NOT!  Or of class?  DOUBLE NOT! If she weren't such a despicable person, I might just feel sorry for her.

• Love 2

Just in case anyone wants to use this as a frame of reference.  I know there is no guarantee that his treatments were similar or the same as Brooks allegedly had, but this is Gov. Larry Hogan from Maryland.  He just finished his final round of chemotherapy for an aggressive form of Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. "Hogan posted on his Facebook page that over the last four months, he has undergone 30 days of 24-hour chemo, three surgeries, four spinal taps, and "countless" scans." He does not seem to have lost a significant amt of weight, but he did lose his hair.

larry-hogan4.jpg

Someone call "Meghan PI"!

• Love 1

In my view, the entire cast is prone to exaggeration and outright lying to varying degrees.

It is very difficult, for me anyway, to ascertain who is and isn't lying and/or exaggerating, amongst a group of liars and exaggerators.

I include Andy Cohen and his Bravo crew amongst the group of liars and exaggerators.

When Shannon chose to align herself w/ an attempted rapist by proxy, a gaslighter, and an individual who confuses justice w/ retribution, I began to question her judgement and perceptions.

I think this is true. I think the whole cast is guilty of lying and exagerating at times. Now, i don't think anyone has ever taken it to the extreme like Vicki did, and I really don't think that what Vicki did can compare to anything the other cast members have done, but still, I do think they all are guilty of lying to make themselves seem more interesting.

That is really the only reason I can think of for why ANY of these women are still talking to Vicki or were up to and after the reunion. I know that Tamra said she was done, and then Heather had to do what Tamra did and did the same. But really. They are upset for Vicki for saying no  one was there for her? That was the final straw? It wasn't because she fucking lied her ass off and tricked each of them into feeling sorry for her for several months? That makes no sense to me. I just am finding the whole thing so fake.

But my original point was, the only reason I can think that they aren't furious with Vicki and Brooks is because they do the exact same thing (to a lesser degree) and therefore, don't want to get called out on it. 

I hate this show. It's just ridiculous at this point. 

• Love 6

If it is talked about ON camera it is fair game for all the HWs to talk about. No one talked about David's affair ON camera last season at all and the only to bring up the subject this season was Shannon/David UNTIL tonight. Vicki explicitly told Shannon she told NO ONE about David's affair, which was in fact a lie because she told Billy/Rhonda.

Did Heather talk about Shannon last season, yes, she did but she did not talk about the affair and BOTH Shannon/David support that.

I am so late to discussing this because I just caught the episode, but I think this is my perspective as well. I assume Shannon was fully prepared for the affair to be discussed openly when the show aired. Not before that point. Vicki swore twice that she didn't tell anyone about the affair and I did not like that she brought up that Shannon spoke to Heather and Tamra about the affair. So? They didn't go around discussing it with other people. Both Heather and Tamra knew about the affair before this season began filming and yet, the public didn't know about it until the show aired. I think that's why Shannon was so miffed.

I don't see any issue with Tamra having a party for the baptism. A lot of people do that. I did think it was weird that it was the finale party, but I assume that this was because they had no other events scheduled to use as the finale party. Shannon's birthday party was probably too early to be the finale party. Do I think Tamra is genuine about her religious turn? IDK, but I hope she is. I cackled loudly at the update at the end of the episode about Eddie praying about Ryan paying back Tamra though. Hahaha.

• Love 4

I think this is true. I think the whole cast is guilty of lying and exagerating at times. Now, i don't think anyone has ever taken it to the extreme like Vicki did, and I really don't think that what Vicki did can compare to anything the other cast members have done, but still, I do think they all are guilty of lying to make themselves seem more interesting.

That is really the only reason I can think of for why ANY of these women are still talking to Vicki or were up to and after the reunion. I know that Tamra said she was done, and then Heather had to do what Tamra did and did the same. But really. They are upset for Vicki for saying no one was there for her? That was the final straw? It wasn't because she fucking lied her ass off and tricked each of them into feeling sorry for her for several months? That makes no sense to me. I just am finding the whole thing so fake.

But my original point was, the only reason I can think that they aren't furious with Vicki and Brooks is because they do the exact same thing (to a lesser degree) and therefore, don't want to get called out on it.

You made a lot of good points.

I don't understand why the others are saying they are angry with Vicki b/c she said no one was there for her either. If she lied, and conned people into feeling sorry for her, then that's what they should be angry about. No, it doesn't make sense.

The show is at a ridiculous point for sure.

I continue to be of the opinion that Tamra's behavior has been the worst out of all the HWs franchises combined. Tamra dispatching her son to date rape a coworker took it to a whole other level of maliciousness for me.

----

Edited by Scrambled Fog
  • Love 1

I am so late to discussing this because I just caught the episode, but I think this is my perspective as well. I assume Shannon was fully prepared for the affair to be discussed openly when the show aired. Not before that point. Vicki swore twice that she didn't tell anyone about the affair and I did not like that she brought up that Shannon spoke to Heather and Tamra about the affair. So? They didn't go around discussing it with other people. Both Heather and Tamra knew about the affair before this season began filming and yet, the public didn't know about it until the show aired. I think that's why Shannon was so miffed.

I don't see any issue with Tamra having a party for the baptism. A lot of people do that. I did think it was weird that it was the finale party, but I assume that this was because they had no other events scheduled to use as the finale party. Shannon's birthday party was probably too early to be the finale party. Do I think Tamra is genuine about her religious turn? IDK, but I hope she is. I cackled loudly at the update at the end of the episode about Eddie praying about Ryan paying back Tamra though. Hahaha.

Tamra was shooting her mouth off about the affair long before Vicki told her brother.  No idea why Shannon doesn't call Tamra out for it.

• Love 3

I don't understand why the others are saying they are angry with Vicki b/c she said no one was there for her either. If she lied, that's why they should be angry. No, it doesn't make sense.

According to both Heather and Tamra, she, Vicki, DID lie about them not being there for her and that IS why they are mad at her. LOL Shannon is mad because of what happened at the finale, their friendship ended then and Meghan has never like Vicki to begin with and visa versa. LOL

• Love 3

That is really the only reason I can think of for why ANY of these women are still talking to Vicki or were up to and after the reunion. I know that Tamra said she was done, and then Heather had to do what Tamra did and did the same. But really. They are upset for Vicki for saying no  one was there for her? That was the final straw? It wasn't because she fucking lied her ass off and tricked each of them into feeling sorry for her for several months? That makes no sense to me. I just am finding the whole thing so fake.

I wanted to add, what really grossed me out this season was Tamra's horrible acting.  Instead of being a loud-mouthed, brash pot-stirrer, she took it down to this sickeningly sweet, baby-voiced level of pot stirring.  "Do you think Brooks is faking cancer?" she asks Meghan with wide-eyed innocence when Meghan reveals that Newport Imaging doesn't do PET scans, when she's the one who started it all.  

The best is yet to come from what we've seen in the First Look.  Sitting with Vicki, in her sweetest, faked baby voice, she says "I told you Brooks was no good when you first started dating him.", then bringing her voice up even higher, but adding a whispery tone for a dramatic, soap opera effect, she continues "Now are you going to tell me why you lied to me?"

Cut!  That's a wrap!

Edited by cherry slushie
  • Love 2

I would just like to say if a hotel swimming pool did magically wash away all my sins, I would be in that hotel swimming pool 24/7, 365 days a year, including holidays.

Amen!!  I would be swimming right along side you, Scrambled Fog!!  

• Love 1

"Other woman" in my understanding of the term refers to a mistress. There's no evidence of which I'm aware that Jim stepped out on Allison with Meghan or Lee Ann with Allison - his second marriage was on its last legs by early autumn 2012 and he didn't marry Meghan until a full two years later (though he was obviously dating her in late 2013). And if Lee Ann or Haley weren't on relatively close terms with Meghan, I don't see why either would have filmed with her . . . And I don't understand what's mystifying about Vicki's latest attacks constituting the proverbial final straw for Heather and Tamra. If a co-worker peddled fabrications to me of the nature that Vicki and Brooks did, I'd be perplexed, alarmed, and abstractly angry in the same vein of offense that Rachel Dolezal, Elizabeth Warren, or other ethnic impostors inspire. But if said co-worker involved my husband (as in Heather's situation )in her psychological pathologies and grifting and/or leveraged her lies to malign me (as Vick does when she plays her poor-me "no one was there for me" victim burlesque), then you bet I'd be incensed . . . Unfortunately (in this context as it undermines her credibility to an extent), I'd say Heather is almost as bad of a liar as Tamra considering the transparent fantasias about department store employees seeking her out for the express purpose of complaining about Alexis and that bizarre anecdote about eavesdropping on Jim and his son in Nordstrom. And while Tamra probably does indeed hold the record for lowest low across the franchise (though a couple of Beverly Hills women come close) with her exhortations to Ryan to commit sexual battery, all of the women present at that dinner who watched and did nothing (so, including Vicki) were jaw-droppingly reprehensible in their silent observation of the whole episode.

• Love 2

Leann remarried in 2005.  Jim and Allison got married in 2008.  Although the divorce took some time, Allison began dating before Meghan ever met Jim.  I am embarrassed I know this crap.  At some point Jim realized he was going to be the only parent to his daughter and I think that is why you see not only Leann but her parents at the JDR benefit.

• Love 5

Leann remarried in 2005.  Jim and Allison got married in 2008.  Although the divorce took some time, Allison began dating before Meghan ever met Jim.  I am embarrassed I know this crap.  At some point Jim realized he was going to be the only parent to his daughter and I think that is why you see not only Leann but her parents at the JDR benefit.

I've gotta know, how do you know this?  Is there a link?  How long were Jim and Allison dating before they got married?

• Love 2

How is it that these rich, successful women have nothing else to do but involve themselves in someone's personal health decisions? They need to get some hobbies. STAT!

----

Umm, maybe because this show is their job? Because Vicki and Brooks brought the cancer story to the table and made it fair game?

• Love 6

I've gotta know, how do you know this?  Is there a link?  How long were Jim and Allison dating before they got married?

Now I am more embarrassed.  I wanted to know Leann's journey so I  read her Facebook.  Nice lady.  She had her wedding photo from 2005, she had a declaration of being cancer free in May of 2012 and then the sad news FUCK cancer I believe in maybe March of 2014.  So I am assuming there was no carryover between Leann and Allison.  Many years in between the marriages.  It is purely conjecture.

So Meghan got upset over being called a home wrecker and Mr. Housewife did an interview and Allison's issues with Jim and Meghan weren't cheating between them it was monetary.  Jim paid Allison big time.  Good for Allison.

• Love 1

I mean, sheesh, when Vicks turned around in that tighty-tight white monstrosity she was wearing, she shoulda had a sign that said "wide load".  Yikers!  The thing is, she doesn't look overweight at all.  She'd look just fine in a properly fitting dress.  But instead, she chooses to wear everything so tighty-tight-tight.  It just doesn't flatter her & isn't right for someone her age -- or any age really.

Does the woman not own a full length mirror? How does she look at herself in the mirror, see her garments straining across her stomach, hips, butt, and thighs, see her Too-Old-For-Display sagging breast and nasty cleavage and say, "Yep. Looks good!" I know her vanity probably prevents her going up a few sizes but if she wore properly fitted clothes she would actually look thinner! The fabric pulling against her body exaggerates every flaw. This can happen even on the young, thin, and fit since everybody has flaws. She needs to consult a stylist and learn how to dress in a way that works with her body rather than against it. I honestly don't know how she can breath or be comfortable at all in clothes that tight. And for the love of God cover those boobs!! She is too old to be flashing that mess. I see in the previews for the reunion she is once again in a too tight dress with half of her "girls" (that need to be renamed "old ladies") hanging out. So gross.

• Love 7

Now I am more embarrassed.  I wanted to know Leann's journey so I  read her Facebook.  Nice lady.  She had her wedding photo from 2005, she had a declaration of being cancer free in May of 2012 and then the sad news FUCK cancer I believe in maybe March of 2014.  So I am assuming there was no carryover between Leann and Allison.  Many years in between the marriages.  It is purely conjecture.

So Meghan got upset over being called a home wrecker and Mr. Housewife did an interview and Allison's issues with Jim and Meghan weren't cheating between them it was monetary.  Jim paid Allison big time.  Good for Allison.

zoeysmom, no need to be embarrassed at all! I do my fair share of reading and research, mostly because I want to get the facts straight when I post here (although most of my posts are opinion), but also because I'm nosy. ;D

That said, I definitely stand corrected on the Lee Ann - Allison deal, but I can't understand why Allison blamed Meghan when it was Jim who needed to pay the money to her, and why she still dislikes Meghan even though she got her money.  Oh, wait..Meghan's a jerk.  Scratch that one off. LOL

Edited by cherry slushie
  • Love 6

zoeysmom, no need to be embarrassed at all! I do my fair share of reading and research, mostly because I want to get the facts straight when I post here (although most of my posts are opinion), but also because I'm nosy. ;D

That said, I definitely stand corrected on the Lee Ann - Allison deal, but I can't understand why Allison blamed Meghan when it was Jim who needed to pay the money to her, and why she still dislikes Meghan even though she got her money.  Oh, wait..Meghan's a jerk.  Scratch that one off. LOL

I am thinking maybe Meghan might be a little too exuberant  in her role as step-mom.  I know as some point there were issues about Meghan posting pictures of the younger children.  So Meghan started posting pictures of clothes she bought them.

• Love 8

I can't believe what just came out of Heather's mouth.

" You cannot talk about people's business without their permission! That is uncool."

Really, Heather?  You gossiped to your friends about Shannon's marriage and the affair, and you've been talking about Brooks' personal business all season.  

Heather, YOU'RE uncool.

Also, did you see the lengths those ladies went to to get Vicki to stay?  They needed a huge gang-up finale on the Vickster, probably coerced by production via orange blackmail.  The way they panicked when Vicks was leaving, especially Tamra, was amusing.  Tamra was just baptized and she already lied;  "Vicki come back and seek the truth!" aka "Vicki, stay so we can gang up on you!"

ETA - What Tamra and Heather did to Shannon (and the way Meghan treated her until she decided she hated Vicki more) was far worse than Vicki telling her brother's girlfriend, who lives in Chicago, about the affair that Shannon already told everyone about.  Yet Shannon forgave them but tore Vicki a new colonic hole. Sadly, Shannon became a follower the past few episodes.  She went above and beyond ridiculous to have a reason to hate on Vicki.

Dear Shannon - Heather, Tamra and Meghan are not your friends.  They just chose to gang up on Vicki and Brooks this season, and manipulated you into joining in.  They'll kick you to the curb again once this is over.

Finally, what Rhonda said to Shannon was stupid.  Asking for records about an affair as an analogy and an insult?  I was almost embarrassed for her.

I did a thumbs up to your post because I couldn't have said it better for everything except the last paragraph. IMO, Rhonda was just trying to say that when your friend tells you something, good, bad or ugly, you don't ask them to prove it. Now using David's affair as an example was probably not the best choice, she probably had nothing else to work with so she used that. Rhonda just wanted to point out that Vicks believed Shannon and supported her without question.

And may I just also add that Shannon's over the top anger at The OG of the OC, because she dared to mention that affair to her family member, does Shannon not know that once she herself announced it on national TV, it became NOT A SECRET ANYMORE! Hell if she was to come on here and see all the shit we were saying about THE AFFAIR, her head would explode.

• Love 6
There's no evidence of which I'm aware that Jim stepped out on Allison with Meghan or Lee Ann with Allison - his second marriage was on its last legs by early autumn 2012 and he didn't marry Meghan until a full two years later (though he was obviously dating her in late 2013)

I think what we have seen of Jim makes it pretty clear why no other relationship worked out. Women married him because he was Jim Edmunds. Then divorced him because he was a dick. The ex wife probably doesn't like Meghan because she is Meghan. But I think she is probably fine to be rid of Jim Edmunds as a husband. 

Does the woman not own a full length mirror? How does she look at herself in the mirror, see her garments straining across her stomach, hips, butt, and thighs, see her Too-Old-For-Display sagging breast and nasty cleavage and say, "Yep. Looks good!" I know her vanity probably prevents her going up a few sizes but if she wore properly fitted clothes she would actually look thinner!

I really think Vicki is unaware of her age. She thinks she is still a young girl. I mean, she's over 50 and crying about her mom and going to heaven with her like a 5 year old. Vicki just seems like a total psycho. She probably still passes notes in her office. That said, I actually thought Vicki looked really good this season. I think she has a nice figure and her hair looked amazing, there have been some things she has worn that were not great (I'm thinking of some really light flimsy yellow dress from years back) but for the most part I thought she looked very stylish and pretty. I think if anyone needs a stylist it's Shannon. She always looks so matronly. I think she tries to hide her tummy and ends up with way too flowy shirts and plus she just likes very outdated styles IMO. 

On a style note, the dress Heather wore to her house show off party was the same dress worn on the show Empire by one of the main cast members. OMG, I LOVE that dress. I want that dress. It's so pretty and the fact Heather can look good in it AND a VERY large curvy lady as well, shows how versatile it is. http://www.buzzfeed.com/iramadison/if-you-want-a-rematch-just-whistle-if-you-can?utm_term=.iyeow0KZ⊂=3729136_5280473

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 7

I really think Vicki is unaware of her age. She thinks she is still a young girl. I mean, she's over 50 and crying about her mom and going to heaven with her like a 5 year old. Vicki just seems like a total psycho. She probably still passes notes in her office. That said, I actually thought Vicki looked really good this season. I think she has a nice figure and her hair looked amazing, there have been some things she has worn that were not great (I'm thinking of some really light flimsy yellow dress from years back) but for the most part I thought she looked very stylish and pretty. I think if anyone needs a stylist it's Shannon. She always looks so matronly. I think she tries to hide her tummy and ends up with way too flowy shirts and plus she just likes very outdated styles IMO. 

On a style note, the dress Heather wore to her house show off party was the same dress worn on the show Empire by one of the main cast members. OMG, I LOVE that dress. I want that dress. It's so pretty and the fact Heather can look good in it AND a VERY large curvy lady as well, shows how versatile it is. http://www.buzzfeed.com/iramadison/if-you-want-a-rematch-just-whistle-if-you-can?utm_term=.iyeow0KZ⊂=3729136_5280473

Agree with this! Majority of the time Vicki dresses too young for her age! There's an area of style between being in your 20's and old lady polyester pantsuits and mumus. Women over 40 who dress like they're in their teens or 20's looks so very pathetic and it actually makes them look older because it draws attention to the fact they are not young. I don't know why she cares what the size label in her clothing reads-no one but her and her dry cleaner see it! Agree that Shannon often looks matronly. Heather always manages to look age appropriate, properly fitted and stylish. She's had a few outfits I didn't care for but overall I like her clothes-though she could lay off the black a bit. Tamra's another one who could use some help in the style dept. She also has a tendency towards styles she is too old for and much of the time looks trashy and kinda slutty, lol. She needs to wear higher neckilines and cover her sun damaged old lady looking cleavage. She has quite a bit of sun damage for someone her age.

• Love 4

I actually get why they are more mad at her about the fact that she is saying no one reached out to her. That would piss me off as well. It reminds me of Ramona at the Reunion last year when Andy asked if any of the other HW's had been supportive of her after Mario's affair.  She refused to answer.  Kristen in particular was more angry about that than any of the other other stuff that Ramona had done to her, and in subsequent blogs, it turned out that this pissed off everyone else as well. It makes sense to me.  It paints the other HW's as heartless.  

I thought that Heather said it best in this latest episode. That they had no idea what Vicki knew or when she knew it. If she was involved at all and to what degree. She said that whatever had happened she loved her, would forgive her, and they would hopefully move on. I actually think that most of them could have easily moved on with Vicki, save maybe for Shannon because of the marriage gossip. She could have convinced Heather and Tamra that she had been blinded by love for Brooks and was betrayed. They would have easily forgiven her for that. But lying and saying that they had written her off when in fact they had not is a completely different deal. 

• Love 7

Agree with this! Majority of the time Vicki dresses too young for her age! There's an area of style between being in your 20's and old lady polyester pantsuits and mumus. Women over 40 who dress like they're in their teens or 20's looks so very pathetic and it actually makes them look older because it draws attention to the fact they are not young. I don't know why she cares what the size label in her clothing reads-no one but her and her dry cleaner see it! Agree that Shannon often looks matronly. Heather always manages to look age appropriate, properly fitted and stylish. She's had a few outfits I didn't care for but overall I like her clothes-though she could lay off the black a bit. Tamra's another one who could use some help in the style dept. She also has a tendency towards styles she is too old for and much of the time looks trashy and kinda slutty, lol. She needs to wear higher neckilines and cover her sun damaged old lady looking cleavage. She has quite a bit of sun damage for someone her age.

So what exactly is "appropriate" for a woman over 50? This always puzzles me. Not trying to start a fight I just don't get it. I'm 57-I wear skinny jeans, tank tops,flip flops,shorts,etc. I'm not going to stop wearing them because I'm over 55! But yes, I do agree her clothes are to tight....I keep reading about about what you "should wear" after 50 like it's a law! Heck my Mom always told me women over 30 have no business having long hair! 30!!! SOOOOOO  my hair is half way down my back! Good thing I'm not on TV....You guys would have a field day...:) Love you ALL and the conversations here. Just my opinion...

• Love 12

So what exactly is "appropriate" for a woman over 50? This always puzzles me. Not trying to start a fight I just don't get it. I'm 57-I wear skinny jeans, tank tops,flip flops,shorts,etc. I'm not going to stop wearing them because I'm over 55! But yes, I do agree her clothes are to tight....I keep reading about about what you "should wear" after 50 like it's a law! Heck my Mom always told me women over 30 have no business having long hair! 30!!! SOOOOOO  my hair is half way down my back! Good thing I'm not on TV....You guys would have a field day...:) Love you ALL and the conversations here. Just my opinion...

I think jeans, tank tops and flip flops are always in style, whatever age.  One thing I have noticed about Tamra and Vicki is they wear short dresses and have crepey knees.  it is hard for Tamra because she is only 5'2" but I think the well above the knee length is not their friend. 

The exposed midriff is a tricky thing.  Great while standing maybe not so great sitting.

The only dress I can think of that is for the over 40 set-the capelet dress.  Don't see 20 year olds wearing them.

• Love 2
And may I just also add that Shannon's over the top anger at The OG of the OC, because she dared to mention that affair to her family member, does Shannon not know that once she herself announced it on national TV, it became NOT A SECRET ANYMORE! Hell if she was to come on here and see all the shit we were saying about THE AFFAIR, her head would explode.

This is a good point. But I don't feel that the issue was so much that other people knew, but it seemed like Ronda was using this information in an intentionally hurtful way. This is pure conjecture on my part, but I felt like Vicki had planned that line with Ronda ahead of time. When Ronda and Billy and Shannon were talking, Ronda kept looking like she was waiting for "her moment", and I felt like when she finally blurted it out it seemed a little out of place. I just got the impression that she came to that event in order to say that line to Shannon, to try and prove something on Vicki's behalf. And that was really vile, IMO. 

Yes, everyone knows about the affair, but it's not cool to use it against someone in a disagreement that has nothing to do with said affair. And Vicki had no reason to doubt that Shannon was being truthful with her about it. OTOH, Shannon was totally in Brooks and Vicki's corner UNTIL things started coming out that made them look less than truthful. I feel like Shannon hung in there as long as she could, but things got shadier and shadier, and Vicki was a perfect arse to her, even when she was just trying to look out for her. 

• Love 13