Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Exactly. If Ron was determined to turn Spencer gay, and let's face it that is the implication how much more compelling to SOAR's the quad (him/Joss/Cam and Emma) bring back Helena and play out a tortured love story  Helena demanding that as the daughter of a Scorpio at least Emma is worthy (she felt that way about Robin with Nic if I recall). Spencer trying to hid his feelings for...some new male teen character, maybe the son of Sly Echart. Cam in love with Emma who wants the Prince, and Joss as the bad girl set to spoil it all. Spencer's very real angst at being gay but having the demands of the Royal Line Thrust Upon him would be awesome as we watch the agony of his dilemma turn him more and more evil until finally Cam Spencer, grandson of the upstart Luke Spencer (and now very much like his grandfather was before he got old and ruined) and Emma Drake granddaughter of Robert Scorpio must go on the run, as Spencer grows each day more and more like the royal Russian/Princes of old, his only confident his older cousin Molly whom he loves dearly and who knows all his darkest secrets.

Instead welcome to today's addition of Ron's unhealthy nine year old obsession.

It's kind of like watching Stewie from Family Guy now with Spencer...all the melodramatics, the overgrown language coming out of a child's mouth.  And yes, like Stewie, I think the should just go whole hog and have him coming to a realization about himself.  

So scott and franco have been hanging out offscreen.Is that a good thing or bad thing.Another serena mention.Wonder if that means anything?Two days in a row poor Kristina corthinthos hasn't gotten a mention since she was shipped back to school.

I have to agree with magnolia.  Anything with less Franco works for me.  Even if it is the hair-pulling thought of him and Scotty "bonding".

I like how they're calling Alice "Alice" rather than the old "Big Alice".  It was insulting.  Do they say "Self-Absorbed Carly", "Dumb Morgan", "Bland Michael"?  No. 

Well, we really should be calling Carly that, at least.  And on that note, I do have to give a high five to Lucy's dig at Bobbie losing her husband to her daughter.  Anything that reminds the audience of Carly's unsavory past works for me.

I can see her as his favorite after all Dominique, her mother (Lucy is her surrogate mother)  was the love of his life. Not Laura, Not Bobbie and Not Lucy. Did anyone give Ron the shows history before he took over.

Why would Ron need to know GH history?  Just so he knows what to run over with the fleet of buses?

What does a world class surgeon like Patrick care if he is fired from a hospital in a city in upstate NY, I am sure major hospitals all over the world would grab him up and wait for the litigation to be cleareed. Plus wasn't he about to quit when Dr O first became COS? Now he has his wish. Once again horrible writing

• Love 1
(edited)
It's like Mac forgetting his Aussie accent.

Given how terrible JJY was at the accent, it was a gift to all of us that Mac no longer has it.

So scott and franco have been hanging out offscreen.Is that a good thing or bad thing

Good because we haven't had to see it, bad because Scott doesn't deserve to have a serial killer as a son.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2
(edited)
If Ron was determined to turn Spencer gay

I know we're talking about characters here, and a writer can "turn" a character from anything to something else (turn Luke into a hero, turn Tracy into an idiot), but I think it's important to note that people don't turn gay. 

Okay, carry on!

The writing for Bobbie was horrific today.  I couldn't believe my ears when she said, "I intend to use all the tricks I used back when I was turning them."  Gross!

I would ask if you are joking that that was actually a line of dialogue from today's show, but that sounds like a typical Ron & Co. shitstain of a line. Yes, belittle what one has achieved and turn into a joke the part of one's own life that one has spent years feeling the need to rise above.  All for a very unclever turn of the word. It's sad when "I know you are but what am I?" taunt is a step above what's actually being passed off as dialogue.

Who's today's dialogue writer anyway?

Why are these reporters ganging up on Patrick and not THE INTERNATIONAL TERRORIST WHO IS STANDING RIGHT NEXT TO HIM.

Seriously. A patient in a car accident undergoing brain surgery dies on the table is big news and the fact that an international terrorist is running a hospital, running around free, isn't? Oh, TFGH.

Ugh, I feel like Ron wrote those Bobbie and Lucy scenes to humiliate them.

Yep. These cat fights are beyond embarrassing.

Good Lord Anna, get off Scott's case for not bonding with his 45 year old serial killer son.

Oh Good Lord, like Anna would give a damn about either of them!

And Scott, shut the hell up about how did Rafe get drugs in his system, he was an idiot, that's how.

Didn't they just a month or so ago write Anna as leading a big drug bust? So why are people giving her shit? And why isn't she saying, "Hey, my police department just intercepted a boatload of drugs last month! And we captured the head of the cartel. What did you do?"  Because, while Anna and Jordan know they haven't caught the head of it yet, The. Public. Thinks. They. Have. TFGH.

I swear, half the time the writers don't even know what they are writing, so tunnel-visioned they are.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 2

Franco and Scotty have been hanging out off-screen?  Gross!  My brain must have blocked out that dialogue for my own protection.  Have they been having double dates with Carly and Bobbie?  Double gross!

• Love 3

Why would he?  Because Levi is trouble and Nathan's gut instinct tells him so?  Furthermore, if he only has a crush on her then tell her that.  What would he have to lose by doing so?  Anything, to possibly keep her from running off with Levi.

I can get on board with him telling her he has a crush. No "I loves yous" though, not for a while. I've had it with Ron's insta-loves.

• Love 1
Have they been having double dates with Carly and Bobbie?  Double gross!

I'm going to apologize in advance for sharing the brain-bleaching thought that just occurred to me...  Back on AMC, years ago, Erica and Kendall were dating men who believed at the time they were father and son.  This included one godawful "double date" that came thisclose to degenerating into a strip poker game.  If Ron writes a Carly/Franco/Bobbie/Scott strip poker game, that shit better remain on his Twitter feed. 

• Love 2
(edited)

A parent/child set dating another parent/child set always ooks me out, it may be my #1 soap bugaboo.  And given this one involves a SERIAL KILLER, it's extra yuck-o.

Edited by TeeVee329

I know we're talking about characters here, and a writer can "turn" a character from anything to something else (turn Luke into a hero, turn Tracy into an idiot), but I think it's important to note that people don't turn gay.

Fictional people do.

In the hands of a good writer while a character can turn it takes time and effort. Luke's journey to hero took a while, and he always retained the rough edge. His crimes were even revisited powerfully when Lucky found out about the rape. Fictional people are at the command of the writer, but they have lives of their own so to speak, anything very jarring is visible (Such as Tracy to an idiot). With Ron he thinks that he can turn characters on a dime to suit his whims of the moment. I fully expect for Patrick and Silas to be the endgame of the Silas/Sam/Patrick triangle and for us to be told by Ron that Pat and Silas were always secretly burning for one and another off screen (like Franco and Scott becoming buds)

• Love 1
(edited)

Omg was that the Cambias guys?

I thiiink KerleyQ is referring to Kendall dating Ryan and Erica dating Chris Stamp, who (for a while) was thought to be Ryan's biological father.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

Omg was that the Cambias guys?

No, Ryan and Chris Stamp (who really should have remained as Ryan's father, because he may have been the only character as insufferable as Ryan).  

• Love 2
(edited)

Remember when Anna and noah were dating and robin and Patrick were freaked out about it lol.

As they should, it's gross!  One should never have to worry about their father-in-law becoming their stepdad!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

Is it wrong that before Franco dies, I have a wishlist of things I want to see Roger Howarth do?

This includes wearing more suits, growing a beard, and getting in rain.

While I find all of the above quite appealing, I'd much rather he do it all as a different character on a different show.

• Love 6

As they should, it's gross!  One should never have to worry about their father-in-law becoming their stepdad!

It does save money at Christmas though.  Sorry i live near West Virginia.

• Love 4

From Ron's twitter:

Ron Carlivati @carlivatiron:

@SGoddess13 All with different opinions. That's why the fans don't write the show.

Well, at least he acknowledges that he's not a fan. :P

• Love 7
(edited)

More with Ron:

fan to Ron: Serious question; Would you rather have viewers bitching while watching, or not watching at all?

Ron:  Is there a Door Number 3?

Me (here): Aside from being a better writer?

Edited by Francie
  • Love 7
Is it wrong that before Franco dies, I have a wishlist of things I want to see Roger Howarth do?

This includes wearing more suits, growing a beard, and getting in rain

If that's wrong, I don't want to be right.

• Love 2
(edited)

To play devil's advocate (I know, I'm sorry!)...Ron's right in that it is impossible to please every fan, especially when you factor in those who are watching solely for one couple and will never be satisfied never.

Buuuut he might want to acknowledge and stop things that have NO fans.  Like Levi, for example.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6

More with Ron:

fan to Ron: Serious question; Would you rather have viewers bitching while watching, or not watching at all?

So he is almost acknowledging that the bitching is so much that he would rather be out of work?  Great some one call Disney, there must be some one who needs a job.

Oh, he did...you just don't know it yet.  How's your stomach feeling?

You know, now that you mention it, for absolutely no reason at all, I actually did get sick and hurl like a teenager on her first drinking binge, only I didn't drink anything stronger than hot tea.... hmmm, Sonny really DOES ruin everything! :D

So he is almost acknowledging that the bitching is so much that he would rather be out of work?  Great some one call Disney, there must be some one who needs a job.

Great, where do I send my application and writing samples?

• Love 1
(edited)

Ron has finally pulled the "you're lucky we're showing them at all" card today on the Lucy/Scott/Bobbie plot and other vanishing storylines, and that's usually not a card you want to publicly use. It's just ridiculous that the storytelling is this slipshod and inconsistent on a daily, five-day-a-week soap opera. There's no excuse. The bottom line is Ron wants to have it all, all right now, he doesn't want to cut anything else that he prefers to write for so every story or character development that isn't in his immediate field of vision gets short-sheeted. And often that does include the stuff he prefers to write - he just forgets to, because ignoring the nuts and bolts of story and character has rapidly become second nature to him.

Why is Bobbie with Scott? Why? Why, why, why? They have tried this pairing multiple times in the last fourteen years and each time is lamer and sadder than the last - he always turns out to be a creep or a con artist or irrationally obsessed with Luke and Laura, and no matter what Scott would do to Luke or Carly or whoever, Bobbie's reaction was always "ohhhh, Scawwwttt..." I understand their remaining friends but it's ridiculous that she would ever, ever, ever go back to him again! It makes no sense! It's like she has dementia! But oh, Bobbie and Scott were big in the '70s and we've got nothing else for these people to do and we don't want to waste other people on them, so, hey... This has been driving me nuts since 2002.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 6

Why are people so shocked that there's drugs in town? There's drugs everywhere and PC is apparently the mob capital of the east coast. 

STFU Nik you dumbass. Your ridiculous son is out of control and it's your own damn fault. How about you stop chasing ass and parent your child. 

I like how the hospital is run by a motherfucking terrorist and nobody has a problem with that but the minute a crackhead baby killer dies people want to get outraged. Rafe was undergoing motherfucking brain surgery, not a routine tonsil removal. Even The Most Amazing Neurosurgeon Patrick can only do so much.  

• Love 6

Why is Bobbie with Scott? Why? Why, why, why? They have tried this pairing multiple times in the last fourteen years and each time is lamer and sadder than the last - he always turns out to be a creep or a con artist or irrationally obsessed with Luke and Laura, and no matter what Scott would do to Luke or Carly or whoever, Bobbie's reaction was always "ohhhh, Scawwwttt..." I understand their remaining friends but it's ridiculous that she would ever, ever, ever go back to him again! It makes no sense! It's like she has dementia! But oh, Bobbie and Scott were big in the '70s and we've got nothing else for these people to do and we don't want to waste other people on them, so, hey... This has been driving me nuts since 2002.

I read this and it makes me sad and ragey at the same time. I remember, and it wasn't that long ago...okay, maybe it was that long ago, during the mid 90s when Bobbie wasn't involved with anyone, and yet still part of the canvas and part of any given plot or story being written. Oh, wait. That's right. When this show was actually written by people who actually knew how to write for a soap, its characters and not making them victims of plot points.

Never mind.

• Love 2

I love her, but I've said before that I don't think Jackie Zeman needs or frankly can handle any serious storyline at this point. There honestly isn't a need to put Bobbie in some romance with anyone right now, AFAIC. Just have Bobbie be around for her family and friends. Doing this now, and doing it with Scott is just ridiculous.

• Love 6
(edited)

Great, where do I send my application and writing samples?

MSquared can I be on staff? I just want the Spencer Clan. That's all. Oh and of course a Pony

There honestly isn't a need to put Bobbie in some romance with anyone right now,

It would be nice on this show, or really any soap (day/night) for a widow of any age to simply say "I loved my wife/husband I'm not looking for anyone" And while Tony and Bobbie were not married when he died, this should be Bobbie's opinion, as my Mom says about my Dad "I had the best why try the rest."  (And man I sure hope Mrs. Fylaki feels the same way when the time comes..ahhh)

Edited by Fylaki
  • Love 2

I love her, but I've said before that I don't think Jackie Zeman needs or frankly can handle any serious storyline at this point. There honestly isn't a need to put Bobbie in some romance with anyone right now, AFAIC. Just have Bobbie be around for her family and friends. Doing this now, and doing it with Scott is just ridiculous.

In total agreement here. Hell, they could make her Hospital Administrator or something. Then she'd have something to do, and could be part of the, you know, hospital. But that would be applying logic to this fakakta shitfest of a show. I mean, really. Having someone who used to be head surgical nurse (right?), actually working again at the hospital where she used to work at, what am I thinking? That wouldn't make any sense at all.

• Love 3
(edited)

I've gone on record previously that I wasn't opposed to the idea of Scotty and Bobbie together because I've thought Kin and Jackie have had some nice chemistry in scenes together since they both came back.  And I've always been a little surprised that Ron hasn't done more with Bobbie since she's the closest thing to a matriarch like Viki this show currently has.

But the execution here - with the development of said romance/reunion happening completely off-screen and Bobbie acting like a sex kitten who won some competition against Lucy (that Lucy didn't know was going on) for the hottest guy in town - is horrific.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2
(edited)
Buuuut he might want to acknowledge and stop things that have NO fans.  Like Levi, for example.

Refusing to cut his losses is one of Ron's big problems, IMO. There's no shame in something not working. I don't know why he insists on clinging to stories and characters that are universally reviled.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 6

Refusing to cut his losses is one of Ron's big problems, IMO. There's no shame in something not working. I don't know why he insists on clinging to stories and characters that are universally reviled.

I get why he clings to the OLTL actors like a barnacle. Anything else though, I just don't get.

More with Ron:

Me (here): Aside from being a better writer?

You totally should have tweeted that in response. 

MSquared can I be on staff? I just want the Spencer Clan. That's all. Oh and of course a Pony

It would be nice on this show, or really any soap (day/night) for a widow of any age to simply say "I loved my wife/husband I'm not looking for anyone" And while Tony and Bobbie were not married when he died, this should be Bobbie's opinion, as my Mom says about my Dad "I had the best why try the rest."  (And man I sure hope Mrs. Fylaki feels the same way when the time comes..ahhh)

My grandmother says the same about my grandfather (who passed away 27 years ago).  I think it's sweet.  And Bobbie has a lot of family and friends, she could be doing things other than getting into another fight over a man with Lucy.  She could be involved at the hospital, she could be involved with the Brownstone renovations to some extent, maybe be like Myrtle on AMC to the younger generation who moves in there. 

I've gone on record previously that I wasn't opposed to the idea of Scotty and Bobbie together because I've thought Kin and Jackie have had some nice chemistry in scenes together since they both came back.  And I've always been a little surprised that Ron hasn't done more with Bobbie since she's the closest thing to a matriarch like Viki this show currently has.

But the execution here - with the development of said romance/reunion happening completely off-screen and Bobbie acting like a sex kitten who won some competition against Lucy (that Lucy didn't know was going on) for the hottest guy in town - is horrific.

I did think Kin and Jackie had some nice chemistry in those scenes in the MC lobby back when Carly thought Michael had slept with Brenda.  But, I'm not at all into this (and I know I'm on record as saying I'm on the Scott/Lucy train, no matter how badly Ron wants to write it - he can't ruin them for me). 

• Love 1

He didn't give up on Bobby Ford on OLTL (or really acknowledge the rape controversy about the character) until its last week on-air. I was a little amazed he did that.

• Love 2

I really think that Ron is just that much of a conceited prima donna, that if people dare to insult his writing, he digs in deeper, determined that he's somehow going to prove that he's "right," because he truly can't conceive of the idea that anyone with a brain would ever think his writing was anything other than pure genius.  Every soap writer has created a stinker.  Every single one.  The smart ones cut their losses when they can and move on to something else. Ron doubles down and demands that everyone respect his genius. 

• Love 8
(edited)

He didn't give up on Bobby Ford on OLTL (or really acknowledge the rape controversy about the character) until its last week on-air. I was a little amazed he did that.

Off-topic: Yeah, but then he had Ford bleeting on that being a father changed him, never mind all the morally and legally heinous things Ford did after he found out Ryder was his (marrying Tess, provoking Jessica into turning back into Tess, using a second mentally ill woman (Viki) to advance his cause, ASSAULTING A NUN, kidnapping Jessica from her dying father's hospital room, etc.).  So, really, Ron didn't get it at all.

On-topic: Ron refusing to give up on characters or concepts and then doubling down on them in an effort to shove them down the viewers' throats until they cry uncle is indeed probably his biggest fault.  Look no further than Michael and Kiki.  Or the pile-on that was Franco's whitewashing.

Edited by TeeVee329
(edited)

Buuuut he might want to acknowledge and stop things that have NO fans.  Like Levi, for example.

If Levi's sole purpose is to prop Nathan by default and provide him with an unrootable rival. Job done. What I worry about is when the orange walking plopoint wombat is done with being the easily hateable villain and he's still hanging around like a bad Dunklemonkey bean-fart smell. Strong fan reaction, negative though it tends to be could lead to RonC deciding he's the hilarious second coming of Rex Balsom and writing a front-burner story for him that never freaking ends.

Edited by yuggapukka
  • Love 2

Ron can't write a story for women if men aren't somehow involved. He can't write a story for women when men are involved, either, but when's the last time a woman had a story that didn't involve a man?

I wonder why he finally caved. Because it was the last week? At any rate, introducing Chandy was one of his finest moments.

the orange walking plopoint wombat is done with being the easily hateable villain and he's still hanging around like a bad Dunklemonkey bean-fart smell.

Oh, lord, yuggapukka. 'Tis a good thing I wasn't drinking or eating anything when I read your post (bold emphasis mine), because I'm still laughing hysterically at your description.

• Love 3
(edited)
Tonight at 10pm est  Tyler Christopher and Ronn Moss are on Celebrity Wife Swap.  It should be craptastic.

I'm only gonna watch if Ron's wife makes Tyler wear scarves!

To play devil's advocate (I know, I'm sorry!)...Ron's right in that it is impossible to please every fan, especially when you factor in those who are watching solely for one couple and will never be satisfied never.

Yeah, but I hate even more the whole, "Since we can't please everybody, nobody's opinion matters!" line of thought. Not saying that's what you're saying, but it seems to be Ron's point.

Really, the ratings win out on the point of viewer satisfaction. Right now they are fine, but not stellar. I expect the year-to-year marks to not be quite so kind once we hit the fall, though.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 1
(edited)
I like how the hospital is run by a motherfucking terrorist and nobody has a problem with that but the minute a crackhead baby killer dies people want to get outraged.

This is unbelievably stupid, even for a daytime soap.  Aren't there a gazillion eye witnesses to Dr. O's many crimes?  I can accept (ok, not really, but for argument's sake ...) that perhaps she made some kind of deal with the authorities to keep herself out of prison - but no decent person would associate with her, and she would not be running a damn hospital.  

For that matter, how can Britt still have a job?  Didn't she steal a patient's fertilized eggs and stick them up herself - and doesn't everyone know that now?  Why hasn't Lulu sued her pants off?

Still skulking around town, being shunned by everyone and plotting trouble and/or revenge  - that, I could see.  This?  Nope.  Stupid. 

Even dumber than people accepting Sonny's presence in town (because Sonny, at least in the past, was careful to have others do his dirty work  ... and nobody's trusting him around patient files or with people's lives). 

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 4
(edited)

I still ship Julian/Jordan pretty hardcore. May she please never be saddled with Shawn ever again and have a lovely fling with Julian.

I don't care, I love Bobbie. Lucy, however, was even more insufferable today than she was yesterday.

Anna is back to acting like she thinks every person she comes in contact with is gum on the bottom of her shoe. I love it !

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3