Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Wow, this Jake/Jason reveal is kinda like the Adam/Gabriel reveal...different eyes,hair, and height. Only in soap land can they get by with this and make it seem normal!! But hey, thats why I watch to escape real life drama. By the way, I could care less if Sam and Jason EVER get back together!  Love Jane Elliott but hate that she always has to fall for the men with the big L written across their forehead.

• Love 2

Today was the very first day that I didn't actively hate Kiki.

I felt something for Kiki, too. Something other than "meh." It's about damn time someone suffered a breakdown from the effects of Corinthos-abuse. And becoming a drunken slut* is entertaining. (* I use that word with pride. Kiki is, in her own words, "picking up random guys" to ease the pain. She isn't accepting money. She's not pretending it was the alcohol. You go, Kiki.) I didn't hate Franco being interested in her, either. The idea of tumor-free-Franco having a thing for wounded women works for me.

I was coming to post this because I can't stand Liz but I think BH is knocking this out of the park. I just chuckle at her faces and expressions she makes which are subtle but so telling. Especially when she was on the phone with Hayden and when she got up and was like, "How can I help you," with a coy attitude. 

I'm a Sam fan but I find when either actress plays the bitch/crazy they really step up to the plate and this is a joy to see because the fallout will be so much better.

Now if Liz respond with an even bigger attitude when confronted I will love her even more because she will own it but if she withers and do that crying/whining stuff she did before, I'm going to be pissed. 

I'm not a fan of either character but I don't actively hate either. BH is giving Overly Attached Girlfriend her all and it's scary as hell. If she doesn't end up in Ferncliff it will be a missed opportunity. I do see Liz and Nik as being written with little to no real motivation for their actions which screams "prop" to me. I'm not even sure what the hell they're propping, is it thwarting the Holy Hitman's Love for Sam? The Twu Wuv of SamTrick? The Greatest Love Story Ever: Sonny & Jason?

I don't understand how Kiki is poor. Why wouldn't she have gotten Silas' apartment and whatever money he had? Why can't she just get Ava to write a check? Just because she hates Ava doesn't mean she can't use her for money. She could even got to Julian.

His will is going through probate, and Lauren has seemingly spent any money he gave her before he died. I get why she doesn't want to ask Ava for money just now, but I don't know why she doesn't hit up Julian. They're on decent terms.

The problem is, why would [Laura] decide [not to spill the Jakeson secret] based on [sam and Patrick being engage/in love]?

I don't get why Laura would care. She herself told Liz and Nik the secret would inevitably come out, so it's not as if it prevents that. I understand her not wanting to be involved in the whole mess, but it's too late for that: She knows Jake is Jason. She becomes as culpable as Liz and Nik.

I can't stand Liz but I think BH is knocking this out of the park. I just chuckle at her faces and expressions she makes which are subtle but so telling. Especially when she was on the phone with Hayden and when she got up and was like, "How can I help you," with a coy attitude.

Since they're going the Liz-is-crazy route anyway, I wish they'd gone all the way and made her totally nuts. Like, Nina levels of cray. And really show Liz scheming to keep Jakeson away from Sam. Have her snap completely.

Can I just say how rage inducing I find Michael walking out arm and arm with Sabrina in the Qs home while he is up Sonny's ass?  If Michael was showing just a little bit of conflict in this it wouldn't bother me that much.  But I just think this current story and turn in Michael so gross.

Once again, the show is completely unable to show any sort of nuance. Michael being worried for Sonny's health does not negate any anger he has for Sonny shooting AJ and lying about it. Those are not conflicting emotions. It's even worse with Dante—he wishes he were the one at the Five Families meeting? Seriously, the cop who hates the mob?

Maybe they can just cast some actor who looks vaguely like RC, call him "Don" and find out he's been the bad guy behind everything for reasons.  We find out he was drugging/brainwashing the entire town and manipulating them to act in his own demented little puppet show, and each character can rage at him.

I will accept this.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 6

Once again, the show is completely unable to show any sort of nuance. Michael being worried for Sonny's health does not negate any anger he has for Sonny shooting AJ and lying about it. Those are not conflicting emotions. It's even worse with Dante—he wishes he were the one at the Five Families meeting? Seriously, the cop who hates the mob?

He was angry that Michael and Morgan were getting sucked in and saying "I should have been there instead of them to stop them", imo. Whether that will lead to something more is anyone's guess.

As for Michael, I do think it's possible that he got a bit pissy with Tracy was that there is a bit of guilt at feeling bad about Sonny.

Since they're going the Liz-is-crazy route anyway, I wish they'd gone all the way and made her totally nuts. Like, Nina levels of cray. And really show Liz scheming to keep Jakeson away from Sam. Have her snap completely.

I'm undecided on this, but at this point, she already looks really bad so I guess might as well show she's completely snapped but then I don't want her ripping babies out of anyone's womb either so.

• Love 1
He was angry that Michael and Morgan were getting sucked in and saying "I should have been there instead of them to stop them", imo.

They should have had Dante say that, then. It's not hard to write those words. Gah.

I don't want her ripping babies out of anyone's womb either so.

Nor do I. I want that level of certainty of nuttitude for Liz, that's all I meant by comparing her to Nina.

They should have had Dante say that, then. It's not hard to write those words. Gah.

It came across pretty clearly to me, I didn't need him to say it straight out. Otherwise he wouldn't be so agitated that Michael went. It was when he started saying "my father's way is looking pretty good right now" that I raised an eyebrow. But maybe I am just seeing what I want to see. I dunno.

Nor do I. I want that level of certainty of nuttitude for Liz, that's all I meant by comparing her to Nina.

Oh, I know you didn't mean that, just making it clear I wouldn't want it going that far.

Awww, it's Passanante's first official show, and it features Maura West, her former As The World Turns featured player.

Yep, today we got Ava and lovely Jerome family moments. And no Anna in sight.

Excuse me while I go on a dubbel zout black out rage.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 1

I'm gonna need Robin to come back and join Kiki on a "you suck as family" tour. 

Avery is adorbs.

Why is Sonny speaking as if they took his dentures away?

Edited by JaneDigby

I can't believe I'm gonna say this, but...totally on Nina's side.  She's not obligated to take care of the illegitimate daughter her husband sired while married to her nor buy that apartment given her history there (revenge lists, faking paralysis, attempting rape, etc.) nor do Kiki and Nina have to get along given their history just to placate a SERIAL KILLER.

This push on Franco/Nina/Kiki as a family guh-rosses me out.

• Love 7

I can't believe I'm gonna say this, but...totally on Nina's side.  She's not obligated to take care of the illegitimate daughter her husband sired while married to her nor buy that apartment given her history there (revenge lists, faking paralysis, attempting rape, etc.) nor do Kiki and Nina have to get along given their history just to placate a SERIAL KILLER.

I could stan for them as a family, off-screen.

Sonny doesn't want to marry Carly because he can't walk. Not because he's Mr. Floppy. Yep.

Well it is Sonny after all. He's not gonna admit to that outloud.

Edited by ulkikis
  • Love 3

They have to buy that apartment so Frank can recycle that set!

• Love 2

They have to buy that apartment so Frank can recycle that set!

Move around the furniture and say it's the apartment down the hall.  Done!

Nina listing off all the extremely valid reasons buying that apartment is something no actual human being would do and Franco being all, "Let's do it anyway" was just so stupid.

• Love 4

So is Julian back to loving in the hotel, I thought that Snarly/Olivia kicked him out of the hotel.

Since when have either of them been at the hotel long enough to notice?

Does Anna have a place to live?

Other than the hotel, I don't think so. It must really throw a wrench in the grandmothering duties when all you can do is go to the diner. 

Edited by rur

I cannot WAIT for this show to suggest that being paralyzed is a PUNISHMENT for Sonny and his sins/life of crime. I cannot WAIT for them to equate a disability to a punishment.  Because that is where they are headed with the bullshit.  That people who are disabled deserved it.

• Love 5

Did I imagine it or didn't Sonny shoot another mobster at a previous meeting of the five families? FIrst of all, cold-blooded murderer! Second, why is no one considering the possibility that the dead guy's organization made the hit Sonny as payback? 

It kills me that Sonny can just go around shooting people, yet everyone things he's the poor, undeserving victim when he's shot. The hypocrisy of the show never ceases to astound me.

Otherwise...

Avery is adorable

Loved both Nina's and Hayden's dresses.

• Love 9

So is Julian back to loving in the hotel, I thought that Snarly/Olivia kicked him out of the hotel.

Since when have either of them been at the hotel long enough to notice?

THIS.  I can't remember the last time we saw either at the MetroCourt.  I guess Carly has to be available to lick Sonny's ass 24/7, but what's Liv's excuse?  If she's not actually going to be with her baby, maybe put in a day's work?

I can't remember the last time we saw either at the MetroCourt.

Carly was at the Metro Court, whining to Madeline about how awful it was to have a mentally ill child.  They sucked on booze and Madeline cleaned the blood off her nails.

Laura was definitely the saving grace of this episode. Love how she saw Hayden and Nikolas (ueber non-sexily) making out and promptly turned in disgust (I know we didn't see her face but you could tell, damn it). Oh Hayden knew how she looked she would have been even more embarrassed that this was their first meeting. Dollars to donuts Nikolas tomorrow is gonna ask back obnoxiously, "I don't know, mother, how did you have a relationship with the man who raped you?"

I thought Nina's "we are not buying the death apartment" was funny, and I kinda thought that whole group was okay, and I was starting to feel like I had just admitted I preferred bears eating my family Nina/Franco/Kiki to Sonny/Carly, but then Kiki went to the bar, and was hunched over and gangly and annoying, and doing her head twists and jerky chicken movements, and then Nina started to do her shy smiles and repeating phrases and putting her hands in front of her mouth and I wanted to punch them both and all felt right again. And the last scene, oh man, when the music started, I groaned.

Oh, and unless Kiki has ridiculously amazing tolerance, she'd probably at least stumble or something after downing 5 shots in a row.

Oh, look. Jake is starting to realize maybe getting engaged to someone 9 months or so after you've met them, when you have no idea who the hell you are, might not be the best idea.

Patrick and Sam were actually kinda cute in the first scene at Kelly's. Maybe because there was no over-the-top "you've saved me!" "our love!" 

Is it guaranteed or merely almost guaranteed that when Patrick tells them Sonny's condition tomorrow, Morgan will throw a temper tantrum and ask how could Patrick screw up like this.

I think Paul genuinely cared for Tracy, so it kinda sucks that he's gonna get trampled. At first I was thinking maybe he could be reformed or something, but he's already killed Sloane, and even though he deserves a reward for it, we've had too much of bad guys staying past their time already.

Hmm, no Shelly yet next to Jean Passanante. 

THIS.  I can't remember the last time we saw either at the MetroCourt.  I guess Carly has to be available to lick Sonny's ass 24/7, but what's Liv's excuse?  If she's not actually going to be with her baby, maybe put in a day's work?

When's the last time we saw the Metro Court in general though?

Edited by ulkikis
  • Love 2

It was when he started saying "my father's way is looking pretty good right now" that I raised an eyebrow.

I thought that was about Avery.  He said something about his badge not being enough to stop Ava from taking the baby, and that "my father's way looks better".  Not that I'm defending anything remotely Corinthii, but I never got the sense in that scene that he was actually wanting to be in the business.  

• Love 1

Oh, and unless Kiki has ridiculously amazing tolerance, she'd probably at least stumble or something after downing 5 shots in a row.

UGh that was so  stupid and dangerous depicting than anyone can actually drink alcohol like that with barely an effect.

Thank god for baby Avery, the saving grace of this show.  It will be funny when that  little girl grows up she can google and go back and read how she was the only thing so many people liked about the show she was on, haha.

• Love 1

I think they are setting up Kiki to be Nina's coma baby.

As for Sonny I hope he is paralyzed to the point he is in adult diapers the rest of his life.  After many months of trying to convince Sonny to leave his house, Carly arranges a romantic dinner at the Metro Court.  While they are sipping their champagne the other dinners begin to smell something really bad coming from Sonny's direction.  He has soiled himself and everyone knows, including a gossip columnist from Julian's paper.  The next day the headlines read  "Mob boss Sonny Corrinthos crapped himself while eating dinner at Metro Court.".  Being completely humiliated, Sonny turns the organization over to Max and Milo and he jets off to his private island never to be heard from again.  

• Love 6

I thought that was about Avery.  He said something about his badge not being enough to stop Ava from taking the baby, and that "my father's way looks better".  Not that I'm defending anything remotely Corinthii, but I never got the sense in that scene that he was actually wanting to be in the business.  

I think he was saying it both about finding Sonny's shooter and Avery. The first I get, the latter I have no idea how the mob would help in that situation. Bribing a judge? Taking out Ava?

UGh that was so  stupid and dangerous depicting than anyone can actually drink alcohol like that with barely an effect.

I don't know if Hayley Erin was playing drunk or not. If she was . . . well, none of that came across at all.

Is it guaranteed or merely almost guaranteed that when Patrick tells them Sonny's condition tomorrow, Morgan will throw a temper tantrum and ask how could Patrick screw up like this.

Oh, I suspect Sonny is going to lash out at Carly about this.  Didn't the show make a big deal about her being the one to authorize whatever risky procedure Patrick did?

• Love 1

Move around the furniture and say it's the apartment down the hall.  Done!

Nina listing off all the extremely valid reasons buying that apartment is something no actual human being would do and Franco being all, "Let's do it anyway" was just so stupid.

Truly, like most things that involve Franco.

• Love 4

Laura was definitely the saving grace of this episode. Love how she saw Hayden and Nikolas (ueber non-sexily) making out and promptly turned in disgust (I know we didn't see her face but you could tell, damn it). Oh Hayden knew how she looked she would have been even more embarrassed that this was their first meeting. Dollars to donuts Nikolas tomorrow is gonna ask back obnoxiously, "I don't know, mother, how did you have a relationship with the man who raped you?"

Oh, this is too easy.

Simple: she would have said--"I had no choice.  He kidnapped me, forced me to marry him and raped me. You were the result."

Because it's Laura, she wouldn't have said the last sentence.

• Love 10

Oh, I suspect Sonny is going to lash out at Carly about this.  Didn't the show make a big deal about her being the one to authorize whatever risky procedure Patrick did?

Yeah, but that surgery was successful. I think? And then this second surgery was the one that Patrick couldn't completely fix. Did they say whether the first surgery caused the embolism.

I'm sure too Dante will probably take a moment to blame himself for being meeen to Sonny on the gurney. Goodbye right eye! It's going to be gone after I stick a fork in it.

Oh, this is too easy.

Simple: she would have said--"I had no choice.  He kidnapped me, forced me to marry him and raped me. You were the result."

Because it's Laura, she wouldn't have said the last sentence.

This has always been kind of a pet peeve of mine actually, that the show has never really had Nikolas acknowledge that he resulted from rape. If he is in denial, then they should have established that too. You'd think someone would have taken a moment in the past 20 years to touch on that, but nope.

• Love 5
(edited)

This has always been kind of a pet peeve of mine actually, that the show has never really had Nikolas acknowledge that he resulted from rape. If he is in denial, then they should have established that too. You'd think someone would have taken a moment in the past 20 years to touch on that, but nope.

I'm not sure if it ever came up when Lucky attacked him way back when, accusing Stavros of raping Laura, to have Nik throw the bomb, that Luke had raped Laura.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1

Yeah, but that surgery was successful. I think? And then this second surgery was the one that Patrick couldn't completely fix. Did they say whether the first surgery caused the embolism.

That was my impression - that the embolism was a side effect of the first surgery - but I could be wrong.

We all know where this is going.  Sonny will try and push Carly away for her own good while she swears to stand by her man blah blah blah they're both still horrible people blah.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

I'm not sure if it ever came up when Lucky attacked him way back when, accusing Stavros of raping Laura, to have Nik throw the bomb, that Luke had raped Laura.

I'll reply in the history thread.

• Love 1
Avery is adorbs.

She's far and away the best thing of every episode she's in.

Nik was really condescending to Liz. "Why wouldn't Rebecca Budig want to find out about the life she had before I had her shot in the head? God, Liz. Why are you overreacting?" Ugh. Nik has wrested away the Douche King crown from Morgan.

I cannot WAIT for this show to suggest that being paralyzed is a PUNISHMENT for Sonny and his sins/life of crime. I cannot WAIT for them to equate a disability to a punishment. Because that is where they are headed with the bullshit. That people who are disabled deserved it.

People who live mob lifestyles do deserve any disabilities they get due to said lifestyle, IMO. If that's how he has to pay—in other words, if that's his punishment—I'm okay with that. That doesn't mean I think everyone with a disability deserves it. Far, far from it.

I can't remember the last time we saw either at the MetroCourt.  I guess Carly has to be available to lick Sonny's ass 24/7, but what's Liv's excuse?  If she's not actually going to be with her baby, maybe put in a day's work?

How long in GH time is she supposed to have be back? It can't be too long.

Too bad Nathan didn't come in and slap the bar with a citation. Bartenders can't let patrons drink and drive drunk.

I think they are setting up Kiki to be Nina's coma baby.

*groans* I hope not, but you're probably right. We got the anvil of them hating each other, and if nothing was going to happen, they wouldn't have any feelings one way or the other.

"I'm not going to marry you if I'll be paralyzed." So much for "in sickness and in health," huh, Sonny? What a selfish baby.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2

If Kiki is Nina's coma baby then, I just do not get why in the world Ava would volunteer to raise Kiki. Madeline must have paid her a shit ton of money then.

"I'm not going to marry you if I'll be paralyzed." So much for "in sickness and in health," huh, Sonny? What a selfish baby.

Dumb. It's not like he can escape her anyway when he's not injured.

Who knows.  Kiki today claimed it's been weeks, I guess, since the Ava Denise reveal.

She came back in August, so it's been a while.

• Love 2

Not only that, but it was only a short time (an hour maybe) since she was in the bar, getting drunk and Franco pulled her out and brought her home to sober her up, but never actually sobered her up.  No way would Kiki have been walking around with that much alcohol in her, much less having clear conversations with Ava and Franco.  

It is the first step, him becoming disillusioned. This isn't Lucky and Dante finding out about dirty cops and wanting to do something about from the inside, he is bitching that the pesky law is preventing his family from keeping Avery completely to themselves, even though Ava did follow the law and they do have some form of recourse, you know an ounce of fairness.

Any JaSam fans here that can answer a question? Do you want Jakeson to reunite with Sam? I don't mean as in "I love this couple and I got cheated out of my HEA. I want them back together." I'm thinking more "BM and KeMo can recreate the JaSam magic. It'll be as good as before. Maybe better!" Even putting my hatred of Jason aside and pretending Jakeson is just another guy named Jason ... I can't get him being a prize. I think BM has wandered into the Carbon Monoxide house. 

• Love 1

But almost all of September's episodes took place across, what, three days?

Yeah, but usually turns instantly October anyway on the show when it actually turns October, December can start out to be a month day but the next day it will be Christmas anyway, etc etc. The pesky wormhole probably has something to do with it!

• Love 1

Olivia came back the day Sonny was shot, I think. At most, he's been in the hospital for a week. She's probably been working at the MetroCourt, but we haven't seen her since she made her stupid claim that Julian had to have shot Sonny because he was at the docks around the time of the shooting, which she knows because she was, too. But no one thinks to talk to her. Lulu telling Dante that's what Olivia said is enough. Crack police work from the PCPD, as usual.

We haven't seen Olivia since then. She fulfilled her plot point.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1

Olivia came back the day Sonny was shot, I think. At most, he's been in the hospital for a week. She's probably been working at the MetroCourt, but we haven't seen her since she made her stupid claim that Julian had to have shot Sonny because he was at the docks around the time of the shooting, which she knows because she was, too. But no one thinks to talk to her. Lulu telling Dante that's what Olivia said is enough. Crack police work from the PCPD, as usual.

We haven't seen Olivia since then. She fulfilled her plot point.

No, she came back earlier than that. Her first scene back was in August visiting Dante and Lulu and talking about the baby with them. Then later she had a scene with Julian and Alexis, telling him what she had named the baby.

If Kiki is Nina's coma baby

I don't think she is.  I think they're going for a "look at these scrappy outsiders form their own little family" thing, which...no.  Franco's a SERIAL KILLER, Nina's a loon, and Kiki's a-nnoying.  I don't care about their "family".

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7