Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Morgan and Duke living together would be the funniest fucking thing I've ever seen. Like Tuesdays with Morrie.

Who is living at Chez Corinthos now?  Did Anna get custody of their hotel room at the Metro Court?  So many questions.

• Love 4

Morgan and Duke living together would be the funniest fucking thing I've ever seen. Like Tuesdays with Morrie.

"Morgan, did you drink all my metamucil again? Young man, we have to set some boundaries."

Who is living at Chez Corinthos now?  Did Anna get custody of their hotel room at the Metro Court?  So many questions.

duke is living there.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4
But my main point just was they keep bringing up once in a while how Michael was the best big brother ever and that just didn't really happen on screen or even off

For kids raised (and I use that term as loosely as they use their morals) by Sonny and Carly it's pretty miraculous that Michael and Morgan haven't yet gone all "King Leer" on each other.

Granted that might actually have been entertaining, and they might have both been too classy to give Kiki the time of day.

So much of what happened between them would really not have been so terrible/awful/horrible if Kiki hadn't been involved, imho. She really ruined everything.

And can I just mention just how tiny and crappy of a clinic is Michael planning on creating because that house seems the size of the Q's living room. Though I am assuming they are going to tear the house down and build a clinic on the grounds.

The way Ron keeps trying to keep all his little shit avenues connected just makes my head hurt. Nothing makes the littlest bit of sense!

• Love 2

I like how we never see Duke in Sonny's house because clearly the set is not up. They just keep staging repeated scenes at the Metro Court with him and his Metamucil teas.

Where is Larry Ashton lately? 

Larry literally made a run for it out of the mansion when he was exposed as a mole for Fluke/Eckert - in a very similar setup to the one I think Ron has now also pinned on poor Ric. I mean, literally, Larry physically took off running.

• Love 1
 And can I just mention just how tiny and crappy of a clinic is Michael planning on creating because that house seems the size of the Q's living room. Though I am assuming they are going to tear the house down and build a clinic on the grounds.

When I first heard about the clinic, I envisioned this large expanse.  Now, I'm thinking it's more like a doctor's office.  My old doc had a Victorian style house for his office.  The downstairs was a lobby, office, and then patient rooms.  The upstairs was used by a lab.  Still I'd think Michael would tear it down and build fresh.  If he doesn't get more land, it'll be a small walk-in type clinic I guess.

I like how he's offering people jobs when it's no where near built (no location bought, no plans drawn up, no permits secured etc).  He's offering jobs and putting people on retainer.  Sound business move there.  Considering he's hiring the mostly unemployable.    /sarcasm

• Love 2

Wait, they actually said on-screen that Duke's living at Sonny's house?  Is it like the royal palace, whoever runs the family gets the crib?

hee. But yeah, they did. I don't remember which episode though. I think it was when Morgan visited Sonny to tell him about the baby's paternity.

Morgan: Yeah. I guess I just kind of always counted on Michael forgiving me, and now he's acting like I'm a complete stranger.

Sonny: You got to give it some time. You're his brother. He'll come around.

Morgan: It doesn't really seem possible right now. I mean, he's so pissed that he kicked Kiki and me out of the brownstone.

Sonny: You can stay at my house. Duke's there, but you know what? There's a lot of room.

Morgan: It's fine. I'm gonna stay with Mom, so that's fine.

Oddly enough, Morgan turns down the invitation to stay alone in the house with an old man he barely knows.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 7
I mean, literally, Larry physically took off running.

You heard the car tires squealing out of the driveway. It was subtle.

Oddly enough, Morgan turns down the invitation to stay alone in the house with a strange old man.

Go figure.

• Love 5

Yeah, it was definitely nice of him to give him the job and the brownstone (no sarcasm). But he intervened a bunch of times between Sonny and Morgan when he should have been on Morgan's side, being all "hey dude don't be so harsh on dad sleeping with your girlfriend." It actually would have made sense if Michael had been like, "I know it was gross that dad slept with your girlfriend, but she was 20 years older than you and kinda evil, so maybe it's better in the long run that you guys broke up", but he never actually said that, he was just like, "dad's dad."

(It actually makes me think of the episode of Friends I was watching last night, where Joey lies for Monica and Chandler and says it was his underwear in the girls' apartment - "I'm Joey, I'm disgusting, I leave underwear in other people's homes." I feel like that's what the other characters are like when it comes to Sonny, just a resigned, "It's Sonny. Yeah, he's disgusting. He fucks women on other people's graves.")

Morgan has Lucas? He just spent this episode telling Michael how much Morgan sucks. And who is Silas?

Silas was a doctor, right?

• Love 1

When I first heard about the clinic, I envisioned this large expanse.  Now, I'm thinking it's more like a doctor's office.  My old doc had a Victorian style house for his office.  The downstairs was a lobby, office, and then patient rooms.  The upstairs was used by a lab.  Still I'd think Michael would tear it down and build fresh.  If he doesn't get more land, it'll be a small walk-in type clinic I guess.

I like how he's offering people jobs when it's no where near built (no location bought, no plans drawn up, no permits secured etc).  He's offering jobs and putting people on retainer.  Sound business move there.  Considering he's hiring the mostly unemployable.    /sarcasm

I just see it as another half-assed plot point they've come up with to further this notLuke crap and as usual it's really just another road to nowhere. Everything is revolving around notLuke and Luke. 

• Love 2

Silas was a doctor, right?

Yes, but it was remarkable, he had been a police officer before that. They said it was the most successful police-to-doctor career transfer ever!

Oddly enough, Morgan turns down the invitation to stay alone in the house with a strange old man.

Go figure.

"Morgan, why are you so ungrateful when I'm givin ya a place to stay? It's not like Duke's gonna lock you in the closet. Sure, sometimes he comes in at night at stares at ya, but you know. He's just protecting my family for me!"

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 10

I'm a pretty proud daughter right now. I happened to watch with my mom, and I commented how there were so many wine glasses on Sam and Patrick's table (I swear there was like 5), to which she said "and Sonny isn't even around to toss any, so they don't need backup." *wipes proud tears* 

I don't know what got a bigger WTF from me, Sonny saying Sean was smart, or Fluke saying "no one ever said Sonny wasn't smart"... though maybe that one's a clue; Fluke clearly isn't a poster here if he believes that!

Sonny and Julian are making me uncomfortable the past few episodes, because I can't remember the last person Sonny had this much chemistry with.

I really don't like Johnny's suit jacket. His hair also looked... too done today or something... it was just strange, or maybe it was just the contrast with Dante's continuing terrible hair day (seriously, wtf, Dante?) I'm still dying for Johnny to throw out a "Dante, don't worry, I'd rather get back with your mom!" Pleeeeease, Ron?!

Uhg, not too long ago I was complaining Lucas isn't on enough, so naturally, he has to pop up with that Morgan crap. First of all, what, exactly was Morgan doing with his life pre-Michael fight that was so great? Occasionally painting a wall in exchange to live off Michael... yeah, that's really a shame he's given that up. I actually laughed when Lucas said "he doesn't have a job!", like it was some big life changing statement. Boo-hoo. If having your bother not speaking to you is a legit excuse to loaf around playing pool and going to the movies, I think I need to betray my brother tonight, I could use a life vacation (his name is even Michael, so it should really work, right?!)

• Love 8

It continues to amuse me that Sam's relationship with Silas has pretty much been wiped from everyone's minds, heh.

I can't believe Robin and Silas are basically one and the same.

I also can't believe how obvious of a plot point Sam and her boyfriend have become. It's glaring and distracting. The Jason photo, the Liz convo, the screwing while Jason is downstairs. It's laughable.

• Love 1
I really don't like Johnny's suit jacket. His hair also looked... too done today or something... it was just strange, or maybe it was just the contrast with Dante's continuing terrible hair day (seriously, wtf, Dante?) I'm still dying for Johnny to throw out a "Dante, don't worry, I'd rather get back with your mom!" Pleeeeease, Ron?!

I know, I want it so bad. The joke is right there!! Why don't they use it? Is it because it's not Spencer saying it?

I think Dante's scruff is blinding me to his bad hair. Or maybe it's just it could be like this (Cattitude, if you choose to watch, prepare yourself!):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8KKHd_8POw&list=PL0428CEA022C49174#t=329

• Love 2

When I first heard about the clinic, I envisioned this large expanse.  Now, I'm thinking it's more like a doctor's office.  …  If he doesn't get more land, it'll be a small walk-in type clinic I guess. … I like how he's offering people jobs when it's no where near built (no location bought, no plans drawn up, no permits secured etc).  

I think they're building the clinic in the wormhole, so really, it's taking no time to be built. I guess it'll be spit out whole on top of the old house if the time should ever come that someone in Port Charles actually thinks about seeing a doctor. 

Dante, when they're allowed to interact. When he came to arrest Sonny he stopped Michael from shooting him, and then he made a speech where he made zero excuses for Sonny, he's made zero excuses for Carly, and then the only other time they saw each other he made zero excuses for Sonny again and asked him how he was doing and didn't say he need to forgive anyone or get over it. (Although actually I would think it would be more in-character if he had told Michael to take it a little easy on Morgan.)

I would like to see more of this show, too, please.  And, maybe, if Morgan's so in need of a big brother to guide him, it should be Dante at this time, Lucas.

I love how Julian and Sonny are so concerned about Fluke coming after their sons.  What about your daughers, fellas?

Edited by Fellaway
  • Love 5

Sorry not sorry, but in Team Morgan vs. Team Michael, I'm Team Morgan. I think Morgan feels like he really doesn't have hardly anyone right now. He wanted to be Avery's dad (which I think hit him much harder than he realized), Sonny's in prison, Carly's never around, Michael's disowned him, what does he have to look forward to in life right now? I'm not surprised he's doing nothing. This sounds exactly like my younger brother. Depression can definitely take over to where you don't want to do anything. Coincidentally, my brother goes to the movies a lot too. Actually, it sounds like Morgan isn't doing nothing. It sounds like he's parenting Joss, since Carly is too busy being all up in Jakeson's package to notice damn anything or be like, you know, an actual mom.

And maybe this is me projecting something that hasn't been shown or maybe even not hinted at, but I think it's too easy to just dismiss Morgan as being a lazy do-nothing asshole who sucks at life and is literally good for nothing. Lucas' reason for not working was given, he didn't know if he could measure up to Tony so was basically too afraid to try. Yeah, it's lousy reasoning, but it's a reason. Why is there then not a reason for Morgan not working? Part of the problem is that for a contract player, he's sidelined a lot of the time and not given a lot of point of view. Anyway, I hope to get more of that next week.

I love how Julian and Sonny are so concerned about Fluke coming after their sons.

By sons, you mean Michael, right? Because Morgan (as usual) was never mentioned.

• Love 4
I love how Julian and Sonny are so concerned about Fluke coming after their sons. What about your daughters, fellas?

Please. We all know girlchildren don't count. The men aren't concerned about their son's mothers, either.

• Love 5
if the time should ever come that someone in Port Charles actually thinks about seeing a doctor

And then they'll be lucky enough to be seen by an intern. Because free health care comes at a price, one can't expect to just be seen by a real doctor who has completed his full medical training and such. Besides he'll have Sabrina for backup, what could possibly go wrong.

Now that I think about it, considering Monica barely got a mention about her spending time with her demonic grandson, it would have been nice to see Monica taking Lucas around and letting them interact together. Have them bring up Tony and then talk shit about Dr. EvO, I would have enjoyed it.

• Love 3

Yeah, I don't have a problem with Sonny not being worried about Dante. Besides being a cop, I feel like he's the only adult child Sonny has. The others are basketcases—mostly due to Sonny, of course, but still. Common sense is pretty scarce among Michael, Morgan, and Kristina.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5

Well, Dante is a cop so he probably has a better chance of taking care of himself. Only Sonny is allowed to shoot him.

A slight expression of concern (or warning) would be nice, but, yes, we all know Sonny only has one child:  AJ's.

Edited by Fellaway
  • Love 8
And, maybe, if Morgan's so in need of a big brother to guide him, it should be Dante at this time, Lucas

I don't see anyone taking Dante all that seriously for the moment with such bad hair.  A man who is so afraid to use a comb or brush should stay home and dote on his giant headed baby.

Also has Lucas really interacted with Dante yet? I know he's had private time with his cousin, Lulu, but I don't recall he and Dante sharing many scenes except in passing.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lucas forgets Dante is even Michael's brother and Sonny's kid too, heh, I know I usually do.

Lucas: "Michael you can't forget that you're the only brother Morgan has in this world!"

Michael: "...um, Lucas there's Dante."

Lucas: "What does my cousin's husband have to do with anything?"

Michael: *Sighs and takes out the Corinthos Family Tree Chart and hands it over* 

• Love 4
Or Dante.  Yeah, pretty much same old same old.

Well, Dante is a cop so he probably has a better chance of taking care of himself. Only Sonny is allowed to shoot him.

Heh. True, but at the same time he's in more danger because of that, plus, said impostor is faking being his father-in-law, around his wife and baby, so like Felloway said, Sonny should show a little bit of concern, at least for his grandkid.

Yeah, I don't have a problem with Sonny not being worried about Dante. Besides being a cop, I feel like he's the only adult child Sonny has. The others are emotional basket cases—mostly due to Sonny, of course, but still. Common sense is pretty scarce among Michael, Morgan, and Kristina.

Well, to be fair to them, they're technically adults but they're still pretty young. Michael, according to the last known age he was, just turned only 23. Dante is about a decade older. although I'm pretty sure Morgan and Kristina will still be fairly nuts in the future.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

I don't see anyone taking Dante all that seriously for the moment with such bad hair.  A man who is so afraid to use a comb or brush should stay home and dote on his giant headed baby.

Also has Lucas really interacted with Dante yet? I know he's had private time with his cousin, Lulu, but I don't recall he and Dante sharing many scenes except in passing.

They had one scene I think with Lulu where Lucas was mad at him for not doing enough about Carly being missing. Once again, like with Laura, they played it like it was NOT Dante's first time meeting him. Dante probably has had a couple of touching scenes with Patricia off-screen too. "What, Lulu, you've never met your aunt Patricia yet? We have lunch at the station all the time! She sent us a wedding card! Did I forget to show you? Whoops!"

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6

... according to the last known age he was, just turned only 23. Dante is about a decade older.

When you point out Michael's age it makes it even more ridiculous that Michael is running this mega-corporation. Imagine the shareholders meetings...

• Love 5

Y'all are on fire today!

Don't be too sure. I am a complete disaster in the kitchen. It stresses me out. If I put my mind to it, I can make something yeah, but it's just too much of a pain in the ass to cook for just myself.

Liz, UGH. Why does she have to constantly try and butt her nose into stuff that doesn't concern her? Not that I'm surprised, but she just continues to look fickle and desperate. Clearly, her theme song should be "Love the One You're With".

So waiting for Shawn to completely botch this.

Until Michael said that ELQ would handle the medical bill for Rosalie, I would guess Helena would take care of it. Pocket change for her, I'm sure.

Dante, you really should have just quit when you weren't ahead.

Aw, poor Morgan. :( Love that he takes Joss to the movies. And I also love that he's shooting pool by himself at TFR, drinking probably. I really would like an addiction storyline for him, I think he'd be good at it with his MWOP skills.

Samtrick. I didn't hate it. *runs away*

Took the words right out of my mouth!

• Love 2

Morgan might be clinically depressed. He sounds like it. Wouldn't you be, with only Kiki around?

Depressed, hell, I'm surprised he's not suicidal.

Is Sonny really that stupid that he thinks Shawn is smart?

Is that sarcasm?

Lucas, you can shut it.  Maybe in this situation, Michael's feelings should be of more concern to you than Carly's or Morgan's or Sonny's or whomever's.  And maybe you're the one who's looking at things too simplistically.  And maybe it's not Michael's responsibility to make sure Morgan's not a lifelong do-nothing.  Maybe that's up to his parents or Morgan himself.  And maybe somebody in this flippin' friggety frick town could ask Michael how he's doing.

Seriously, has anyone put Michael first in all of this?

As much as I'm luxuriating in Michael's anger towards Carly and Scummy, literally almost every day of his life before this people have done nothing but put him first. From the second Carly realized she was pregnant, it became a contest to see who was going to be allowed to raise him, and he is probably the only kid of hers she'd at least have thought twice about eating if Jason had asked her to. He's had years of getting his ass kissed eight ways from Sunday while Morgan, Sonny's actual son, has been little more than a footnote in the movie of his brother's life. I'm sympathetic to a point, because Michael got Stockholmed into believing that A.J. was awful and now he's been cheated out of ever getting to know him, but if I stop being charitable I can't not remember that he's been the center of everything that started the train wreck this show has turned into. YMMV.

• Love 11

Back in the early Summer, when Fluke hired that mustachioed hitman to send a message to Julian, he told him to pick anyone - male or female - it didn't matter to him.  The hitman choose Lucas.  Fluke also toyed with killing Alexis.   And he was making the moves on Kiki.  Later orders the hit on Michael 2x.

Now Julian and Sonny don't know this but Fluke isn't necessarily above hurting any females in their lives.

• Love 2

Y'all are on fire today!

This! Often times the only reason I still watch GH is because I wanna be able to get everything you guys say.

UO alert: I love Dante's hair. He looks fine as fuck to me lately. 

I liked the Johnny/Dante/Lulu scenes. They all have good chem together. I'm with you guys on being appalled that Johnny hasn't brought Olivia up yet. That's a real travesty!

Between Sonny saying Shawn is smart and Luke saying Sonny is smart, I was sure we were being trolled today. 

I'm mad they finally brought Lucas out for his once a month scene only for him to tell Michael he's being a real meanie to his family. I did like that he was all 'Forgive Carly,' and Michael was like 'Uh she sucks,' and Lucas was basically like 'Fair point, let's move on to Morgan.' That was pretty funny.

I'm glad we got to hear a little bit about what Morgan's been up to, but I for one would love to have seen at least some of it. Why not show a 15 second scene of Morgan taking Joss to the movies instead of oh, I don't know, say one of the scenes where Sam and Patrick have literally the exact same convo they already had 10 times before? Or of various people getting ready to open the Spencer Family Home's basement door before getting interrupted.

I'm with the person up thread who is getting uncomfortable with how much chem Sonny and Julian have. It's unnervingly disturbing how cute I find them.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 15

They had one scene I think with Lulu where Lucas was mad at him for not doing enough about Carly being missing. Once again, like with Laura, they played it like it was NOT Dante's first time meeting him. Dante probably has had a couple of touching scenes with Patricia off-screen too. "What, Lulu, you've never met your aunt Patricia yet? We have lunch at the station all the time! She sent us a wedding card! Did I forget to show you? Whoops!"

Oh right, I think I remember that, during that time I wanted to tell Lucas to have a seat, heh. Carly going missing is always something to celebrate because it just doesn't happen nearly enough, or permanently.

Dante: "And wouldn't you know it she looks exactly like your dad! I mean if I didn't know any better I'd say Pat was Luke with a dress on!".

I can't not remember that he's been the center of everything that started the train wreck this show has turned into

I want your post to steal an election away from me, that's how much I agree with everything you said but especially this part.

I can't forget the years and years and years Michael has been a central character, whether he deserved to be or not. That kid owned so many people, including his own called "parents". The red headed step child years alone still enrage me, heh. That little punk drove me nuts.

Michael has always been considered the prize jewel of Sonny and Carly's lives, I think mainly because of how they both worked together to steal him away from so many people as a big "Fuck you" to their so called "enemies" aka the people who refused to kiss their sorry asses, and he's always treated as such and it turned the show I used to enjoy into a horror show. It's why I wrote off his uncle so long ago, Jason, for the same reason. 

Jason and Michael teamed up with Sonny and Carly and together those four created a shit storm of massive proportions that began to decimate any and all in their way and it continues on to this very day.

• Love 7

Shut UP Dante! While you're clutching your pearls about Johnny's past, try remembering that your Dad is in jail for murder (and should be in for a hundred other crimes) and Lulu's Dad and sort of step family (ie the Cassadines) aren't known for their law abiding past and present either. So while we know Johnny isn't sterling, he's hardly the worst influence in Lulu's life. And btw Lulu has been back to her old self around Johnny and not a stepford Port Charles wife with baby rabies like she's been the past couple years.

• Love 5

Sorry not sorry, but in Team Morgan vs. Team Michael, I'm Team Morgan. I think Morgan feels like he really doesn't have hardly anyone right now. He wanted to be Avery's dad (which I think hit him much harder than he realized), Sonny's in prison, Carly's never around, Michael's disowned him, what does he have to look forward to in life right now? I'm not surprised he's doing nothing. This sounds exactly like my younger brother. Depression can definitely take over to where you don't want to do anything. Coincidentally, my brother goes to the movies a lot too. Actually, it sounds like Morgan isn't doing nothing. It sounds like he's parenting Joss, since Carly is too busy being all up in Jakeson's package to notice damn anything or be like, you know, an actual mom.

And maybe this is me projecting something that hasn't been shown or maybe even not hinted at, but I think it's too easy to just dismiss Morgan as being a lazy do-nothing asshole who sucks at life and is literally good for nothing. Lucas' reason for not working was given, he didn't know if he could measure up to Tony so was basically too afraid to try. Yeah, it's lousy reasoning, but it's a reason. Why is there then not a reason for Morgan not working? Part of the problem is that for a contract player, he's sidelined a lot of the time and not given a lot of point of view. Anyway, I hope to get more of that next week.

Uh, are you me?  One of my sibs is such a 'Morgan' it's not even funny.  I think that's why I go back and forth on hating and loving the character so much because he reminds me so much of my brother.  Coincidentally, my other bro is definitely a 'Michael', the golden child that can do no wrong.  And I'm the 'Joss' the forgotten child with snark coming out the ass.  

• Love 3

Shut UP Dante! While you're clutching your pearls about Johnny's past, try remembering that your Dad is in jail for murder (and should be in for a hundred other crimes) ... So while we know Johnny isn't sterling, he's hardly the worst influence in Lulu's life.

I didn't even think about that, but it's a great point. I think that Dante being worried about Johnny could work and make sense, but because of the fact that he doesn't really have a problem with Sonny being around his family, it makes him come off as a jealous asshole as opposed to an understandable good husband.

• Love 5

As much as I'm luxuriating in Michael's anger towards Carly and Scummy, literally almost every day of his life before this people have done nothing but put him first. From the second Carly realized she was pregnant, it became a contest to see who was going to be allowed to raise him, and he is probably the only kid of hers she'd at least have thought twice about eating if Jason had asked her to. He's had years of getting his ass kissed eight ways from Sunday while Morgan, Sonny's actual son, has been little more than a footnote in the movie of his brother's life. I'm sympathetic to a point, because Michael got Stockholmed into believing that A.J. was awful and now he's been cheated out of ever getting to know him, but if I stop being charitable I can't not remember that he's been the center of everything that started the train wreck this show has turned into. YMMV.

I do not disagree that Michael has received remarkable (and unfair to everyone) favor from Carly and Sonny and it continues even now.  Also remarkable?  How adept Carly is at learning nothing.  Wasn't it on NYE, when she was talking to Jakeson, that she was bemoaning she had nowhere else to be on a holiday but at work and noone to spend it with because Sonny was in prison?  Me, I was yelling at the screen "What about Joss and Morgan?!"  And, on that note, Patrick!  Emma has had more sleepovers in the past month than I had my whole childhood.  But, I'm not a parent, so I guess I just don't know how it's done.

Anyway, for me, any favor Michael has received in the past or continues to receive does not balance out or negate the pain he's feeling at his father's murder, etc.  Nothing can.  That stands alone, and until - If! - Carly or Sonny even ever says "I'm sorry" to him, and means it...  Well, if it were me, I'd still not forgive them, but I recognize this is TV land we're talking and it's only a matter of time before he does.  But I don't want him to at any point where it's presented as Michael being in the wrong, cruel, unreasonably holding a grudge, what have you.  He's owed in this.  As always, mileage varies.

• Love 6

And, on that note, Patrick!  Emma has had more sleepovers in the past month than I had my whole childhood.  But, I'm not a parent, so I guess I just don't know how it's done.

What pisses me off about that is they could have easily had Emma off-screen all this time with Robin. Because her being at sleepovers all the time in this current storyline makes Sam's boyfriend look so uncaring.

• Love 2

When Morgan returned, he was a gambling addict who maxed out Michael's credit cards. He never offered to pay it back. Morgan came back with problems the biggest of which was Kiki.  I do understand why Michael has problems with Morgan. Despite all, he gave Morgan a place to live and a job.

• Love 2

I'm so glad the show allowed us all to see the thought process Lucas had and the discussions he had with his mother as well as his boyfriend about deciding to practice medicine. And that conversation he must have had with Dr. Olbrecht! Good times! Oh wait. That only happened in my head.

Edited by sometimesfan
  • Love 7

Uh, are you me?  One of my sibs is such a 'Morgan' it's not even funny.  I think that's why I go back and forth on hating and loving the character so much because he reminds me so much of my brother.  Coincidentally, my other bro is definitely a 'Michael', the golden child that can do no wrong.  And I'm the 'Joss' the forgotten child with snark coming out the ass.

Hah, maybe so. My older brother = Michael (plus the distinction of being the MIRACLE baby), my younger brother  = Morgan, and me the forgotten, middle child = Joss. Except I really don't like corn all that much.

And of course, Michael is the one wronged, and I don't hold it against him for not forgiving Sonny or Carly. That being said, I've never been a Michael fan, so my respect for him only goes so far. Maybe it's CD's acting, but his sanctimonious, pious smug routine wears thin for me really fast. I'm like, just shut up and get the hell off my screen now.

• Love 1

Anyway, for me, any favor Michael has received in the past or continues to receive does not balance out or negate the pain he's feeling at his father's murder, etc.  Nothing can.  That stands alone, and until - If! - Carly or Sonny even ever says "I'm sorry" to him, and means it...  Well, if it were me, I'd still not forgive them, but I recognize this is TV land we're talking and it's only a matter of time before he does.  But I don't want him to at any point where it's presented as Michael being in the wrong, cruel, unreasonably holding a grudge, what have you.  He's owed in this.  As always, mileage varies.

Just to be clear, in no way do I think Michael is in the wrong. OTOH, I do think that it was way past time that he learn this lesson. That he is not different and he is not special, that if the stakes are high enough Sonny and Carly will sacrifice his happiness and well-being in order to protect themselves and save their own asses. He should have learned it back when they tried to cover up his killing Claudia, which is what got him sent to prison. The only reason he didn't have any idea that Sonny might have murdered A.J. is because he believed that Sonny would never do that to him. Not to A.J., or else why would he have extracted a promise out of the moobster - a promise that turned out to be a lie - but to him, Michael. But then again, this is me being anti-Michael, so.

Shut UP Dante! While you're clutching your pearls about Johnny's past, try remembering that your Dad is in jail for murder (and should be in for a hundred other crimes) and Lulu's Dad and sort of step family (ie the Cassadines) aren't known for their law abiding past and present either. So while we know Johnny isn't sterling, he's hardly the worst influence in Lulu's life. And btw Lulu has been back to her old self around Johnny and not a stepford Port Charles wife with baby rabies like she's been the past couple years.

Wouldn't Dante bringing up Sonny (who I'm sure he has not forgotten) just make his point more for him? If Lulu was like "Johnny is no worse than your dad" Dante would be like "yeah, and he should be where Sonny is, in prison."

Both Dante and Lulu look like idiots here. Lulu's all lala well I guess if you said you're innocent Johnny, it must be true, and Dante is flipping out for no reason at all.

And Johnny is conspiring with an impostor into making everyone think he is Luke Spencer while the impostor is doing Johnny knows diddly squat what, but he knows it isn't good. He may not be the worst influence in Lulu's life, but he's pretty high up there. I mean, Dante would probably be acting as possessive even if Johnny's motives were as pure as snow, but they aren't, so. I would not be bugged as much if they played it like Lulu knew Johnny was full of shit but she was willing to give him a chance, but they're playing it like she believes he's 100% innocent. And that's ridiculous.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4

I mean, sure, Morgan has very valid complaints about Sonny and a lot of other people, but Sonny killed Michael's father, and Morgan made excuses for it because he wanted his father to accept and respect him and then told Michael to lay off their parents.

I understand Morgan's Pavlovian response to his father's attentions and I sympathize with it, I find him a worthwhile character, but I can't excuse that shit. All he has to do to get back in my good graces is drop his usual snarky attitude that Bryan Craig frankly throws into too many random scenes and say "I'm sorry, it was wrong" to Michael. I can't remember him doing that, maybe I just get blinded by rage when he starts saying 'Mikey'.

• Love 5

I mean, sure, Morgan has very valid complaints about Sonny and a lot of other people, but Sonny killed Michael's father, and Morgan made excuses for it because he wanted his father to accept and respect him and then told Michael to lay off their parents.

I understand Morgan's Pavlovian response to his father's attentions and I sympathize with it, I find him a worthwhile character, but I can't excuse that shit. All he has to do to get back in my good graces is drop his usual snarky attitude that Bryan Craig frankly throws into too many random scenes and say "I'm sorry, it was wrong" to Michael. I can't remember him doing that, maybe I just get blinded by rage when he starts saying 'Mikey'.

I think he seemed really contrite, and then Michael started in on Kiki, and that's when he got mad and annoyed that Michael was being a jerk (as he saw it) to Kiki. So I blame Kiki, as usual. Not that he shouldn't also understand why Michael is justifiably pissed at Kiki, but I think that's where the wall really grew between them in this matter.

I am with you on "Mikey". If I thought paying RC to stop that shit would work, I would do it.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2