Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Sorry, everyone, but exactly HOW do you use the block feature?  I can't find info anywhere on the site.

The little button to the left of "My shows" - click on it and go to "my settings" and then go to "ignore preferences" to the left of the page.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

I know he can't help his lisp, but it doesn't help.

Not trying to be mean to a little kid, but he is an actor, there are voice coaches and Speech Therapist by the score that will help him. Heck I'll give him my ex-wife's number she works at a speech clinic and helps tons of kids his age get over speech problems. I suspect Ron likes him with it.

Edited by Fylaki
  • Love 3

I want Aiden to bully Spencer.

Has Ron met children? Let's be real here. A tiny douchebag who runs about giving no cares, disrespecting all, trying to steal "girlfriends", going to jewelry stores, calling people "townies", dressing like Carlton Banks but never dancing, and being just so damned annoying will be bullied and get his ass kicked. Cam would not be chillin with Emma or Joss. He'd be polite because Liz would make him. Or he's a nice kid. But in reality, a kid like Spencer would beg for Cam to be nice to him. Why? Cam is bigger and considered cooler. Spencer is a bully magnet. He's that kid who gets shoved into trash cans. So, yeah, he probably is Ron. Again, stop bringing your issues to my damn afternoons, Ron! Anyway, I'd have Cam just be the cool kid, age them all to 10, age Aiden to 7 or 8, and have Aiden bully Spencer. I believe a kid like Spencer would be bullied by a younger kid, and the irony is too amazing to ignore. I want Aiden to not care and tell Liz and Nik that Spencer is a dork and he's glad he dodged a bullet with Nik not being his dad. That's going to require a really good kid actor. So it will never happen.

• Love 5

Today's show was actually pretty decent, aside from the criminally boring Jake/Carly scenes and Sloane being a totally one-note douche. I hope Grayson McCouch can add some depth to this character. And I'm pretty sure the last two days are the first we are seeing of the alleged re-writes that someone here claimed was going on back in Dec.

Anyway, I liked that Naxie actually had an adult conversation and that three, count 'em THREE wimmins got to use their brains today. Anna, Maxie, and Sam teaming up to investigate could be really fun.

I like that Nik is actively choosing to be evil as opposed to being brainwashed. TCh really wakes up around CT. And I loved how she delivered the line "Jerry Jacks is a good friend of mine." She said it with a tone of 'obviously' like two psychos would of course exchange Christmas cards and be in the same book club!

• Love 3

I said before back on TWoP that I really wanted an "Upstairs/Downstairs"-type episode centered around the MetroCourt where you would see just how much the staff members hated Carly's guts.

I think a similar episode surrounding the staff at Wyndemere would also be a delight.  "Ugh, I got stuck cleaning blood off the parapet...AGAIN!".

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 13
Not to mention when she agreed to whore herself out for Carly (by drugging/nearly raping Dante) because that was such a preferable option to living with the Quartermaines rent-free and going to college (gasp!) as Edward requested of her.

Ugh, that story still enrages me. As if college is just the worst possible thing ever. I know higher education in general isn't much of anything on this show, but the utter contempt shown for it is ridiculous.

I suspect Ron likes him with it.

I'm sure Ron does, and I feel like some of the writing for Spencer is to showcase the impediment, which makes me uncomfortable.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3

The lisp is not the issue with Spencer for me, it's kind of endearing. It's the copious purple prose they give him which few kids could handle, let alone with a lisp which sometimes renders him unintelligible. They're writing for Nathan Lane.

It is funny to me that the proto-Spencer, the last child Jack on OLTL, had a very similar local accent to Nicolas Bechtel's (he was a Jersey kid) and they also gave him some awkward speeches at times.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2

There fixed that for ya. It seems odd all the doctors seem pointless on a show called GH. First Britt then Silas now Patrick.

I'm starting to think that Ron has something personal against the medical profession. And as a nurse, I take offense. To add to the pile we now have Rosalie the fake nurse, along with Sabrina the unemployed attempted baby killer nurse. UGH.

Edited by BinkyMimo88
  • Love 1

I said before back on TWoP that I really wanted an "Upstairs/Downstairs"-type episode centered around the MetroCourt where you would see just how much the staff members hated Carly's guts.

I think a similar episode surrounding the staff at Wyndemere would also be a delight.  "Ugh, I got stuck cleaning blood off the parapet...AGAIN!".

I posted a couple years ago that to save money the show do a few recap episodes per year where a nurse at the hospital, one of Nik's servants, a Metrocourt employee, and someone from the PCPD would meet for lunch at Kelly's and gossip about what was going around town.

• Love 8

I want Aiden to bully Spencer.

Has Ron met children? Let's be real here. A tiny douchebag who runs about giving no cares, disrespecting all, trying to steal "girlfriends", going to jewelry stores, calling people "townies", dressing like Carlton Banks but never dancing, and being just so damned annoying will be bullied and get his ass kicked. Cam would not be chillin with Emma or Joss. He'd be polite because Liz would make him. Or he's a nice kid. But in reality, a kid like Spencer would beg for Cam to be nice to him. Why? Cam is bigger and considered cooler. Spencer is a bully magnet. He's that kid who gets shoved into trash cans. So, yeah, he probably is Ron. Again, stop bringing your issues to my damn afternoons, Ron! Anyway, I'd have Cam just be the cool kid, age them all to 10, age Aiden to 7 or 8, and have Aiden bully Spencer. I believe a kid like Spencer would be bullied by a younger kid, and the irony is too amazing to ignore. I want Aiden to not care and tell Liz and Nik that Spencer is a dork and he's glad he dodged a bullet with Nik not being his dad. That's going to require a really good kid actor. So it will never happen.

I'd rather Liz's kids not be used for Spencer propping.

• Love 6

So, if Luke does have DID, does it mean he's got several personalities in there? One is Bill, or thinks he's Bill, one is Real Luke, one may be Patricia(or what happened to Patricia may have triggered something to cause the DID); and one is obviously Mean Mobster.

I'm just wondering what name the Mobster Man is going by. I realize there's so much OOC going on. But Johnny Z would never just nod and smile at someone with Luke's face getting him out and not ask any questions. So it's either another case of "how stupid can I write this guy", or Luke's mobster persona has given Johnny a name, and it's not going to be just any name. It's a name that is going to keep Johnny in line(for now). Which makes me wonder the next spec-if Fluke isn't Anthony, is he telling JOHNNY he's Anthony?

But I can't think of a reason why Luke would be feeling any guilt over AZ's death(okay, so they treated his corpse like a parade float, but they didn't kill him).

Because anvils, and all that. The Johnny/Anthony convo with Lulu and Tracy made me wonder.

Nik's attempt at finding love have blown up in his face because he keeps going after lying lairs who lie and fickle fertile dumb worthless stalker nurses who happen to be involved with his brother. 

Too bad Rosalie is still here.

I liked Michael's reaction to the "still" thing.  I agree.  It's not "still" like there's some time limit to cutting the person who killed your father and the person who covered for him out of your life.  He didn't say they were on a timeout, he said he was done with them. 

Does Helena have any clothes to relax in? Maybe a nice robe at least?

Remember Pajama Jeans?  Helena probably has Pajama Chanel Suits.

I can't tell if Nik is just playing along (and if he is, maybe he should remember that the last plan he tried to play along with, his sister ended up frozen and he ended up shot), but if he isn't, is he seriously complaining that he tried to move on with Liz but it didn't work? Of course it didn't work out, moron. It was his brother's ex-wife! He didn't see that shitfest coming?

And he tried to move on with Liz by having a "well, technically, I haven't told Liz I choose her yet, and you're here and willing and all" boink with Britt.  Is he really astounded that shit didn't work out? 

• Love 4

Nik's attempt at finding love have blown up in his face because he keeps going after lying lairs who lie and fickle fertile dumb worthless stalker nurses who happen to be involved with his brother. 

Too bad Rosalie is still here.

Sucks that Carly is still here as well. :( 19 years!

• Love 4

I'm really hoping that Nic is playing Helena. It would be great (and finally give him a purpose) if he was prepared to destroy Helena once and for all.

Hell, let him hire Jordan as a hench-chick and start a torrid affair, now that she's out of the DEA.

... and speaking of Jordan, what happened to Fluke's plan to bring drugs into Port Charles? Did it go the way of taking over Sonny's territory now that he and the other Doomers are focused on ELQ?

• Love 2

... and speaking of Jordan, what happened to Fluke's plan to bring drugs into Port Charles? Did it go the way of taking over Sonny's territory now that he and the other Doomers are focused on ELQ?

And therein lies the rub. Every time that you try to be positive about this show, the big gaping holes (Where is Robin, Where is the Stravlu embryo, Why did Fasion want Sonny's money but dismiss he and Jason when Sam questioned him? Where is Kevin? and on and on and on) appear and just remind you that the writing here.....okay trying to be positive...leaves a lot to be desired.

And therein lies the rub. Every time that you try to be positive about this show, the big gaping holes (Where is Robin, Where is the Stravlu embryo, Why did Fasion want Sonny's money but dismiss he and Jason when Sam questioned him? Where is Kevin? and on and on and on) appear and just remind you that the writing here.....okay trying to be positive...leaves a lot to be desired.

Shhhh . . . let's not talk about the Stavlu embryo. That's something I'll happily forget. but I don't think that's a forgotten plot point. It hasn't been 9 months since we last saw it. A baby will probably pop up during May sweeps.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

Some of the audience may have forgotten the embryo, but Ron has not. That shit will be back and I will vomit.

The Kevin situation - I don't care how many rewrites they had to do with that sphere of characters or what their budget or taping methods are, there's no excuse. AFAIK he has not been on since the Nurses Ball. It's idiotic.

And yesterday's show, which has some really fun or nice stuff in it, is unfortunately the apotheosis/nadir of their insane taping and plotting priorities. Just shove an entire months-long subplot into one episode six months later. There is no reason some of this stuff could not have played out in real time except that they wanted to do everything else, much of which sucked. They want to have it all when they want it, and when you do that things fail and people and stories are let down.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 8

The Kevin situation - I don't care how many rewrites they had to do with that sphere of characters or what their budget or taping methods are, there's no excuse. AFAIK he has not been on since the Nurses Ball. It's idiotic.

The last time we saw Kevin was late May/early June of last year, when he told Lucy at Kelly's that he was indeed divorcing her.

And I get that Jon Lindstrom's out doing stuff and not waiting by the phone, but it irks that Lucy's on to constantly moan about her side of the story ("The guy I cheated on and the guy I cheated with don't want me...wah!") and not his.

• Love 2

Oh totally close, I wasn't being snarky, I just remember that that scene at Kelly's where Lucy still idiotically thought he was kidding about dumping her ("Look...shaved ice in your orange juice, so we're all cool!") was the last time we saw him.

Oh, I know. And I remember that appearance, I just wasn't clear on the exact window.

And I mean, Jon Lindstrom didn't get True Detective that long ago. I think it's shooting only just now. They could have had him in, they chose to focus on Franco, Nina, and other somewhat more deserving stories.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 1

MSNPC?

Lomax mentioned it while sniping with Felicia. Just like MSNBC! Get it?!

I like some of these cute in-world networks and companies and such they mention, but there's officially too many. MyFace was much lamer though.

Edited by jsbt

Today when Helena Cassadine was telling Nik that she had introduced an agent/spy/mole (Rosalie) into ELQ, and scenes were simultaneously cut in to show Michael talking to Rosalie, trying to get her to accept a position in ELQ,  the show really jumped the shark for me. Helena was apparently speaking about the spy exactly at the same time that Rosalie was being hired--despite her apparently genuine surprise and reluctance--by Michael into the ELQ structure. It seemed too coincidental to be real. I remembered also that Helena had managed to get into Kevin's office (which we know is normally locked) at the exact time of Jakeson's appointment. How did she know that Jakeson had made an appointment, and how did she get in? Inside the office, without touching him she was somehow preventing Jake-son to leave of his own free will until he agreed to her plan. Furthermore. she seems to materialize out of thin air at Windermere to comment on secret plans she overhears through the walls.

I wondered if I was imagining it--but does Helena have supernatural powers? Her goals seem to be in line with Fluke's: neutralize ELQ and destroy it. Are Luke and Helena demons? Is Helena a (bad) witch in league with devils? Is Luke the Devil himself, who can assume any shape/face to deceive, confuse, and destroy? His rage, pride, and lust are super-sized, and he is a liar. 

• Love 6

Lomax mentioned it while sniping with Felicia. Just like MSNBC! Get it?!

I like some of these cute in-world networks and companies and such they mention, but there's officially too many. MyFace was much lamer though.

Oh, right, now I remember. Yeah, that was cheesy.

I wondered if I was imagining it--but does Helena have supernatural powers? Her goals seem to be in line with Fluke's: neutralize ELQ and destroy it. Are Luke and Helena demons? Is Helena a (bad) witch in league with devils? Is Luke the Devil himself, who can assume any shape/face to deceive, confuse, and destroy? His rage, pride, and lust are super-sized, and he is a liar. 

Pepperbird, man, I gotta be honest with you, I can't tell if you're joking or if this is a sincere question. I mean, they did it on DAYS, so sure, I guess this is a possibility.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

I wondered if I was imagining it--but does Helena have supernatural powers? Her goals seem to be in line with Fluke's: neutralize ELQ and destroy it. Are Luke and Helena demons? Is Helena a (bad) witch in league with devils?

No, that's just Frank Valentini in the editing room.

This is part of the reason I watch the full show - they regularly hint at future plot developments even when just cutting from different stories, or on a line. He cuts on plot to plot or theme to theme all the time, he's been mastering that frenetic sort of editing rhythm since Ron started at OLTL. It's gotten far too on the nose. As for Helena, she has always gotten in anywhere she wants, she's a supervillain.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 3

P3pp3rb1rd might be into something here. I mean, Helena has cheated death and is somehow constantly all powerful. Maybe she is supernatural? It's not like this show has any restraint anymore!

That stupid bitch would still be dead if it weren't for Robin, so I really want her ungrateful, kidnapping ass dead for real this time.

I just want someone to snap her in half at this point, and bury the halves on different continents so she can't come back. Bonus points if it's Anna, should the writers ever allow her to get a clue or win for once.

Of course, I want this procedure done on Faison and Stavros and a few others, as well. The whole super villain thing annoys me because I find it a lot less interesting than a bad or even evil character who is at least human and has some chinks in their armor or weaknesses. These villains aren't human - they're cartoons.

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 5

Hell, let him hire Jordan as a hench-chick and start a torrid affair, now that she's out of the DEA.

Speaking of Jordan no longer being an agent, are we really supposed to believe the DEA just left her out in the cold to fend for herself against the mob?

• Love 2

I mean, yes, Helena is basically an undead revenant at this point since Robin's procedure resurrected both her and Stavros. But that being said, this kind of nonsense with her is nothing new. She has always been all-knowing or popping in at opportune or inopportune moments exactly where she wants to be practically since Liz Taylor was in the role. That's what villains like Helena do.

Edited by jsbt

The last few posts reminded me that Robin is apparently integral to Helena's plans too.  I assume she's again chained to a lab table.  So what does Helena have her working on?  Building her an army of every character who's ever died on this show?

• Love 2

Oh Carly.  You never cease to amaze me.  Mikey has a lot of nerve not forgiving you yet.  It's been like...months.  Geez.  Are we still on that?  Really?  That was so 2014.  And I love how she keeps bringing up the fact that she isn't WITH Sonny anymore should be enough of a reason for Michael to forgive her.  Leaving out the part where if Sonny allowed it, she'd be back on his jock in a hot second.  She really IS the most delusional soap character ever written.

I am glad Nikolas brought up Sam.  I almost thought he was going to hand wave the whole "Sam Morgan" problem and he was about to officially become dead to me.  Oh Helena, you are so clever.  "She won't be harmed at my hand" indeed. 

• Love 8

The last few posts reminded me that Robin is apparently integral to Helena's plans too.  I assume she's again chained to a lab table.  So what does Helena have her working on?  Building her an army of every character who's ever died on this show?

I always assumed Helena and/or Faison had/have taken Robin to utilize her skills for biological warfare. The fact that Faison's original scheme apparently did not amount to anything more than his trying to cure Jerry's poisoning for cash and win Anna's heart still baffles and infuriates me.

That being said, I suppose the implication of their larger alliance with Helena revealed to us since indicates that maybe they did have bigger plans for Robin which Faison and Obrecht just never, ever, ever mentioned and oh my God this is getting old. Let's not forget, none of that ever came up until Victor entered the picture.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 3

That being said, I suppose the implication of their larger alliance with Helena revealed to us since indicates that maybe they did have bigger plans for Robin which Faison and Obrecht just never, ever, ever mentioned and oh my God this is getting old. Let's not forget, none of that ever came up until Victor entered the picture.

Or that, you know, Helena was frozen a good percentage of that time.  

• Love 3

I loved this episode. I mean, Michael changed his phone number just so he wouldn't have to speak to Carly and that is pretty fucking amazing, so I can't complain about anything else really.

Well, maybe I can complain about Patrick calling Sam 'Sammy.' I have been fast forwarding them a lot so I don't know if that's a thing or not, but even if it is, no just no. SO forced. Everything about them comes off as so unnatural to me and it just makes their scenes so embarrassing. I loved Sam's shirt and jacket though.

I'm not sure yet if Nik is actually embracing his evil nature or he's playing Helena, but either way I'm intrigued. I haven't liked Nik in awhile, but I enjoyed him today. TC actually seemed engaged!

Micheal's total ambivalence towards Carly today was so beautiful. I might've shed a tear of joy! Also, I like Michael/Rosalie. IDGAF! It's annoying that she's working with Helena, but I'm willing to go with it. Maybe it'll be interesting.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 7

I like the background music that's been playing at the MetroCourt lately. I don't know if there's a new music director, or he finally got sober, but it's working for me. 

Ugh, Nik is back to whining about Emily being dead. Whenever his latest attempts at lurve don't work out, he falls back on that. But if, say, Liz decided she wanted to try things again, it would be all "Emily who?" and he'd drop this nonsense with Helena. He's pathetic.

Michael changed his phone number just so he wouldn't have to speak to Carly and that is pretty fucking amazing, so I can't complain about anything else really.

LW played Carly's realization really well.

Helena really needs to go after Carly for a change.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 6

Shhhh . . . let's not talk about the Stavlu embryo. That's something I'll happily forget. but I don't think that's a forgotten plot point. It hasn't been 9 months since we last saw it. A baby will probably pop up during May sweeps.

No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.   I need to go to my happy place now, so I don't cry-vomit. 

• Love 4

LW played Carly's realization really well.

She did indeed. I was like wow maybe Carly finally fucking gets that Michael isn't just a little sad over a boo boo and that she actually fucked up real bad. But then she just went whining to Jakeson about it and I was like of course, it's Carly.

Speaking of, I am so glad Carly told Jakeson not to talk to Michael because I am dreading when Jakeson/Jason becomes the catalyst for Michael forgiving Sonny/Carly (you know it's happening) and I was afraid for scenes of Jakeson talking about how amazing Carly is. I can't deal with that shit.

And about that Carly/Jakeson hug, it was super awkward to me. I feel like LW is trying a little too hard in her scenes with BM.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 6

The fact that Faison's original scheme apparently did not amount to anything more than his trying to cure Jerry's poisoning for cash and win Anna's heart still baffles and infuriates me.

Was Faison's original scheme to get control of Sonny's territory because reasons? I can't keep track of what's going on anymore.

• Love 6

I definitely do not watch for the so-called story telling, because Ron does not know how to tell a story from beginning to middle to end.

Exactly. Now I'll be honest, I came back to the show when I read Robin was returning. I really enjoyed the show then (that was what 2012?). I thought Robert and Anna running around trying to find Robin was fun ... with Luke actually acting like Luke of old. Even though I didn't like Sabrina, I enjoyed seeing the Nurse's Ball again. I thought Robin's reunion with Patrick and Emma was good stuff. It also seemed like the mob had been marginalized to a degree. Sonny wasn't on every single day. I hated Stavros being back, but I enjoyed seeing Laura not being a wig on a stick. I liked seeing Laura and Luke going to save Lulu.

But then RC had to get the OLTL people back as different characters and the show just seemed to go off the rails and it hasn't recovered.

I think JZ has done some terrific work lately with this Fluke mess. I wasn't always the biggest fan of Maura on ATWT, but as horrible as Ava can be - MW has been really great. Michael telling off Carly and Sonny? Gold. I enjoyed Julian and Alexis. I love me some Brad and Lucas (of course when was the last time we saw them together)?

There are so many things that just confound me: Carly is perhaps one of the least likeable soap characters ever and yet I don't believe for an instant that she would have slept with let alone contemplated marrying the man who got her favored son raped. I don't believe that Carly wouldn't be stalking and bugging Michael every 5 minutes. I refuse to believe that Bobbie, Scott, Lucy and so many other vet characters would be acting like high school children. I refuse to believe that Robin's family would be this stupid after everything that happened to her. I also hate that RC cannot seem to get that there's nothing wrong with Robin living somewhere else and having Emma part time.

I'm tired of corn jokes, of Golden Girls mentions and of Spencer. The entire Fluke/Luke thing is terrible. Helena's current reign of terror - the hell? She's taking over the Port Chuck mob scene. She rigged the mayoral election. She's taking over ELQ. She has Jake brainwashed. Now Rosalie is a bad guy too. Agent Sloane (is that his name) is also in league with the league of evil. I mean seriously?

There are a few positives still floating out there on this show and I certainly do not want it to be cancelled - I love soaps. But for me the bad outweighs what little good is left. And despite my promise to stop watching ... I still saw today's episode.

• Love 19