Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

55 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Why that scene of Bobbie bitching out Nelle was even necessary, I dunno, because, as I said yesterday, the returns are diminishing.  Was it supposed to make us feel bad for Nelle?  Not.

I just find it in poor taste to have women who, in their past, were called sluts and whores and golddiggers then turn around and do the same to other women.  Carly only acknowledges she "should've known" Nelle was up to no good because that was her m.o., but she won't acknowledge everything she's called Nelle she's had thrown at her.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Wow, they aren't even trying to conceal ER's pregnancy.

I don't really blame them. She's so small, it's a bit of an impossible task.

Bobbie was even more irritating today than yesterday. Claiming that what Carly did to her and Tony (and notice that Carly seems only to be sorry about the hurting Bobbie part, not all the other stuff she did to Tony that ruined his life but good) and what Nelle did to Carly and Sonny is completely different?  Um, how?  And then - just after we were complaining about no intersection between Bobbie and Laura/Lulu yesterday - we're to believe that Lulu knows about the Nelle stuff and Bobbie knows about the Charlotte stuff?  Not.  Shut up, Bobbie.

And again, how sad is it that this is what Tracy has been reduced to in her final weeks, having to stand there and be lectured about her character faults by fuckin' Dr. Michael Easton.  She should have followed up that drink to the face with a punch to his balls.  Shut up, you greasy-haired drug addict. 

• Love 9

Was Bobbie okay today? Something about the way she was delivering her lines made me think she had actually been imbibing wine. Her shooting her mouth off about Lulu to Nina was dumb, as was Nina hiring Nelle out of spite. Everyone involved in this storyline has the maturity of a thirteen year old.

Valentin and Anna have so much chemistry and potential, but it's being squandered because the writers refuse to advance the plot. Give me insight into this mess or move on to something else, because I'm tired of going in circles.

Tracy tossed her drink in Finn's face when she should have kneed him in the groin. He hasn't known her long enough or well enough to talk to her like that. It was totally disrespectful to the one person who has been on his side since he came to town.

Still don't care about Liz and Hayden's once a month attempt to be sisters. But really, who else can Hayden talk to? She's been so poorly integrated into the show that she only interacts with the same three people over and over again.

Hated Michael and his dumb Jimmy Neutron hair today. He looked awful.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Linny said:

Still don't care about Liz and Hayden's once a month attempt to be sisters. But really, who else can [Rebecca Budig] talk to? She's been so poorly integrated into the show that she only interacts with the same three people over and over again.

Liz and Rebecca Budig's sisterly interactions just remind me how crazy it is that, to our knowledge, nobody has informed Jeff Webber or No Name or Sarah about this new secret offspring.

Rebecca Budig could have talked to Curtis about this.  Isn't he supposed to have had issues with drugs too?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Bobbie was even more irritating today than yesterday. Claiming that what Carly did to her and Tony (and notice that Carly seems only to be sorry about the hurting Bobbie part, not all the other stuff she did to Tony that ruined his life but good) and what Nelle did to Carly and Sonny is completely different?  Um, how?

Well, what Carly did was worse. That's how it's different lol.

• Love 14
37 minutes ago, ulkis said:
2 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

I don't really blame them. She's so small, it's a bit of an impossible task.

I am totally fine with them not hiding ER's pregnancy. I wish not writing in RL babies happened more often on this fakakta show.

• Love 5

Liz looked really great today; her hair looked a bit healthier than it has been lately.

55 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And then - just after we were complaining about no intersection between Bobbie and Laura/Lulu yesterday - we're to believe that Lulu knows about the Nelle stuff and Bobbie knows about the Charlotte stuff?  Not.  Shut up, Bobbie.

And also, how the hell would Dante know Michael and Nelle had been getting close? Had Dante even been in proximity to Nelle before? Even though Nelle sucks, I liked that Dante told him to dump Nelle if that's what he wanted. But god damnit, I hate the fake coffee sipping. Someone spring for some instant and put it in the cups!

Why is Nina throwing out the word "love"? How could Charlotte love Nelle? Is it supposed to be a sign that she's overcompensating hiring Nelle? Because otherwise, it's fine if Charlotte merely likes her baby-sitter as opposed to loving her.

Blah, wouldn't be surprised if Carly talking about how strong Lulu is means we're headed for a breakdown. I'd rather she just grabbed Charlotte and went on the run. I'd rather a character be an asshole than yet another woman have a breakdown cause her lady brains are too fragile to handle something.

It looks like Bobbie smeared vaseline all over her lips.

I feel like Tracy has let a lot of people into her life at this point, but whatever. I'm enjoying looking and listening to JE/Tracy before she leaves.

Oh, and no mention of Luke when Tracy was talking to Finn? Were they afraid Tony Geary would accidentally watch an episode?

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Why is Nina throwing out the word "love"? How could Charlotte love Nelle?

Especially since Nelle and Charlotte just met, literally an hour ago.  

1 hour ago, Linny said:

Valentin and Anna have so much chemistry and potential

His reaction when she said she had cancer and then when he left the house he looked like he was about to cry, what is that all about?

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

and what Nelle did to Carly and Sonny is completely different?

Bobbie' explanation is that Carly is her daughter, so apparently, forgiveness is easier.  

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

we're to believe that Lulu knows about the Nelle stuff and Bobbie knows about the Charlotte stuff?

Thousands and thousands of conversations are going on in off screen land that we aren't privy to.  

1 hour ago, Linny said:

Nina hiring Nelle out of spite

I found that very much in character for Nina.  I appreciated that Carly recognized it for what it was and was all, "karma's going to be a biatch"

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I'd rather a character be an asshole than yet another woman have a breakdown cause her lady brains are too fragile to handle something.

Ha! When do the writers ever pass up a chance to have a woman have a breakdown because her lady brains are to fragile to handle something? Plus, this involves a child. I'll be shocked if Lulu isn't catatonic for, oh, three months over this dumb Charlotte situation.

7 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Oh, and no mention of Luke when Tracy was talking to Finn? Were they afraid Tony Geary would accidentally watch an episode?

He probably gets a royalty every time the name Luke is mentioned.

1 minute ago, Perkie said:
1 hour ago, Linny said:

Nina hiring Nelle out of spite

I found that very much in character for Nina.  I appreciated that Carly recognized it for what it was and was all, "karma's going to be a biatch"

Ditto. Nina is not one for the well-considered action. Plus, I enjoy this sort of pettiness and its inevitable backfiring. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Perkie said:

I found that very much in character for Nina.  I appreciated that Carly recognized it for what it was and was all, "karma's going to be a biatch"

I was happy they didn't go to a "Nina, how could you do this, you're supposed to be my friend!" place, given that weird push to make Carls and Neens buddies when this kidney shit kicked off.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Especially since Nelle and Charlotte just met, literally an hour ago.  

Charlotte barely knew Nathan and Griffin for five minutes before she was calling them daddy so it's right on cue. It's all so stupid that Charlotte is able to create instant bonds with these random people but hates Lulu on first sight.

• Love 3

Did Charlotte hate Lulu the first time they met, when Lulu's baby rabies motherly instinct kicked in?  I thought it was just after Lulu was like, "Fuck that dead Canadian bitch you're crying about, I'm your mom!"

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Did Charlotte hate Lulu the first time they met, when Lulu's baby rabies motherly instinct kicked in?  I thought it was just after Lulu was like, "Fuck that dead Canadian bitch you're crying about, I'm your mom!"

I think so, but she was still standoffish. With everyone else Charlotte practically gives them a hug and a wave.

• Love 2

I forgot to mention this, during yesterday's episode my sister came into the room during a Nina scene and said, "Are we still pretending she's not crazy?" LOL!

I watched all the Finn scenes today simply because I don't want to skip any of the last of JE/Tracy, but tbh I might not be able to do it. I have so much second hand embarrassment for ME.

I am still vaguely intrigued by Anna/Valentin, but when he does his stuttering I just get so embarrassed. And really the whole thing is so painfully stupid. Like why the fuck won't he just tell her? The reveal is going to be so bad and boring.

I loved Nina hiring Nelle out of spite. It was hilarious.

I can't at Bobbie kissing Carly's ass today. So annoying.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 7
52 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I don't know if Charlotte hated Lulu then like she clearly does now, but she for sure wasn't all insta-loving and accepting like she was with Nathan, Griffin, Nina and now Nelle.

• Love 3

I watched all the Finn scenes today simply because I don't want to skip any of the last of JE/Tracy, but tbh I might not be able to do it. I have so much second hand embarrassment for ME.

Haven't had a chance to watch yet-I still have to catch up from the one JE episode from last week. But I don't feel sorry for ME yet(though I might when JE leaves). He's had an opportunity to watch and learn with JE, and hopefully, he'll keep the character's quirkiness  up after she's gone. I think he's darn lucky getting to work opposite her, and he's said as much in interviews. So nope, I'm not embarrassed or ashamed for him in regards to that. In regards to, does he quite match her in talent or can he always keep up with her? Well no, but few in this cast can do that.  I do hate that most of her stuff seems like it's going to be with Finn or Hayden, I'd rather it be with Monica, Michael, Ned, and Dillon. But for me, it's a waste of energy to get up in arms over it now. Her final scenes are almost in the can. What will be, will be.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

In other news...

*small voice* Even though Anna asking Dr. O for help is beyond stupid, I'm kinda looking forward to FH and KG sharing scenes tomorrow. *small voice*

@HeatLifer forgive me, but I looked at the screen and saw the back of O's head and thought, "Robin's back already?"

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

Haven't had a chance to watch yet-I still have to catch up from the one JE episode from last week. But I don't feel sorry for ME yet(though I might when JE leaves). He's had an opportunity to watch and learn with JE, and hopefully, he'll keep the character's quirkiness  up after she's gone. I think he's darn lucky getting to work opposite her, and he's said as much in interviews. So nope, I'm not embarrassed or ashamed for him in regards to that. In regards to, does he quite match her in talent or can he always keep up with her? Well no, but few in this cast can do that.

I just get second hand embarrassment watching ME because I think he's horrible at acting most of the time lol. I mean the stuff he's getting now is really bad anyway, but he just makes it worse imo. I admire JE for being able to not laugh while doing today's scenes.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I just get second hand embarrassment watching ME because I think he's horrible at acting most of the time lol. I mean the stuff he's getting now is really bad anyway, but he just makes it worse imo. I admire JE for being able to not laugh while doing today's scenes.

Hmm, that bad, huh? I normally enjoy them in scenes. I'll withhold judgement till I watch.

Just now, IWantCandy71 said:

Hmm, that bad, huh? I normally enjoy them in scenes. I'll withhold judgement till I watch.

I liked them at the beginning, but I'm over it now. They don't really have that fun spark anymore for me. And ME is just doing a really bad job at this (admittedly terribly written and probably not salvageable) drug addiction story.

7 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

That's probably one of the reasons she's retiring. She's exhausted from holding it all in.

I like to think that is indeed one the reasons she's retiring lol!

• Love 2

I'm just grateful to get any JE I can get. Yeah, some of the fun spark is gone from the Tracy/Finn scenes that were there in the beginning, but that's mainly because the relationship has changed. I'd rather watch JE and ME still though, over pretty much everyone else that's left on the canvas.

There isn't anyone else that can truly make the show FUN for me. And without a fun spark to it, there's no point in watching IMO.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, IWantCandy71 said:

There isn't anyone else that can truly make the show FUN for me. And without a fun spark to it, there's no point in watching IMO.

Seriously though. The only fun I get out the show anymore is UCG, which I do enjoy, but I'd like some actual fun, too.

6 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

And ME is just doing a really bad job at this (admittedly terribly written and probably not salvageable) drug addiction story.

It really feels like it's been going around and around in circles foooooreeeeeeeevvvver.  And what's going to be left once he's finally clean, as his SUPER DUDLY DISEASE and the resulting addiction is the sole of the character.  Is his stupid dead wife WE NEVER CARED about gonna show up next?

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Seriously though. The only fun I get out the show anymore is UCG, which I do enjoy, but I'd like some actual fun, too.

Yep. I miss the sparkly undertone of the late 80's. So I'm hoping Lord Larry does come back and takes Tracy away. That would at least make me smile. Luke OTOH....I'll get stabby.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, IWantCandy71 said:

So I'm hoping Lord Larry does come back and take Tracy away. That would at least make me smile. Luke OTOH....I'll get stabby.

When Tracy got that letter from Larry I got excited that maybe he would be her endgame as opposed to Luke. All I ask from JE's exit story is that it not become about Luke, but I know that's probably a pipe dream.

• Love 4
Just now, peachmangosteen said:

When Tarcy got that letter from Larry I got excited that maybe he would be her endgame as opposed to Luke. All I ask from JE's exit story is that it not become about Luke, but I know that's probably a pipe dream.

Actually, I doubt TG would come back, and I also doubt FV would have him back after his exit bashing. That doesn't mean they can't write it in, and she goes to join him offscreen, but I am going to hope up until the last moment, that they don't.

• Love 1

I don't think there's a chance in hell TG will come back, which will actually make it more annoying to me when they make Tracy's exit about Luke. But I still have some hope that it won't go that way.

• Love 1

Oh, FV would definitely have him back. Especially since TG went out of his way to exempt FV from blame. TG was one of the few people FV sucked up to intead of the other way around.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

It's too bad that the show did not do the same thing for the other actresses pregnancies and we wouldn't be bogged down with babies / children storylines.

I still don't give AF about HateChel or FV's constant need to push his pets that don't work (IMO) on this show.  ME is still playing OLTL's John McBain, ReBu is GreenME, RoHo has been playing some version of Todd Manning for almost two decades and MSt is hamming it up as her Y&R character.

Now that I'm watching the Anna/Valentin scenes, I'm even more annoyed than ever. If he's so anxious to get Anna out of his life, not giving her all the information she wants isn't going to help things. It's all so incredibly stupid.

Bobbie, one of the reasons Tony lashed out and took a dark turn was because of what Carly did to him. I get you want to support your daughter, but a little historical perspective wouldn't be amiss.

Michael, Avery lives in a broken home because her father is an asshole, not because of Nelle. 

• Love 5

The kind of fun I would want back into this soap is some rich sexual innuendo. For example, the other day when Carly came over to Sonny's place to talk out their issues about where their relationship was going, the meeting ended with a gentle lingering kiss before she walked out. And when we've seen them in their bedroom they've been gentle and kissy. 

But the Carly and Sonny characters are both badass, and I expect more passion and edgy sex romps from them. Something is keeping them together despite their constant bickering. The writers are just too prudish. A more different scene would have been Carly sinking to her knees and nuzzling Sonny's lap right there in his living room.

And Ava was a red-hot mama when she first came on the show, having an affair with young Morgan Corinthos and then having spontaneous sex with Sonny in the crypt. Now, half the time she's in jail, or trying to protect herself from murder plots, or tearing up about Avery.

Dante and Lulu's marital relationship is completely overshadowed by baby rabies and custody disputes.

Finn and Hayden finally got together sexually off screen; onscreen they bicker viciously over his drug addiction. Their relationship is about as hot as his lizard's cold blood.

And Nelle was a major disappointment. A squeaky clean, bright-eyed ingénue, she was never convincing as a temptress. What a missed opportunity.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

In other news...

*small voice* Even though Anna asking Dr. O for help is beyond stupid, I'm kinda looking forward to FH and KG sharing scenes tomorrow. *small voice*

I'm with you. They've already proven they work together well, and both have talent. I enjoy watching talented people work with each other, even if the characters they have to play are caricatures. 

Imagine what could happen if we could get JE, KG, and FH working together on something. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Bobbie, one of the reasons Tony lashed out and took a dark turn was because of what Carly did to him. I get you want to support your daughter, but a little historical perspective wouldn't be amiss.

Lord, give me strength, because that little historical rewrite on Bobbie's part made me see red.  Tony "lashing out" didn't happen in a vacuum.  It happened because of Carly, not in spite of Carly.  That Bobbie's all "giggle, giggle, oh that Tony--what a loon!  But, honey, you're my sweet baby girl who only was upset because I was thoughtless enough to give you up for adoption rather than raise you in a whorehouse!  I hope you know I loved you even when I hated you.  Now how about some more wine?"  is just pathetic.

• Love 8
21 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Why did they have Anna cut her hand?

So she would have a reason to tell Valentine that she had cancer.  Not that he didn't know that something was already wrong.

The paper cut was so that Andre would point out that she was no longer in a position to be a superspy.

I watched the whole show today, and I didn't think it was bad. But then, Sonny, Jason, and Franco weren't on to annoy me. I like JPS as Valentin, but is the show trying to sell that he and Anna are the same age? Not that I mind older woman/younger man, I'm just curious. She looks about a decade older than him.                                                       Bobbie and Carly can have several seats. They were the most annoying part by far. I enjoyed Dante and Michael, Liz and Hayden.. I enjoyed Finn and Tracy, JE really elevates ME. I am going to miss them. Tracy Q hasn't slapped anyone in years, though, and she should have practiced on Finn. He would have deserved it.

• Love 2

Why would any long time viewer wanna watch a custody story where one side consists of all newbies? That alone is the reason I'm rooting for crazy ass Lulu. And fuck, I don't even like her like that! But Valentin, Ninugh, Charlotte, and Nelle can all kick rocks. I wish Helena had secretly rigged the house to blow up in the event Nik and Spencer weren't living there anymore. I could possibly let Valentin live but dammit he's got to cut that kid and that old woman-child loose cuz they're dragging his ass down. I'm supposed to believe he is who Helena was afraid of?

Why does Uncle Frank have to ruin literally everything??

• Love 1