Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Wellwell. Snarly Carly got the news from an unblinking Jason that he knew 'way back when about the supposed Sonny/Nelle affair but didn't tell her. The ceiling didn't fall in, and Carly took it like a lamb. What kind of power does he have over Carly? I expected some kind of strong reaction to Jason's reveal. Carly is supposed to love Sonny, but unloads threats, abuse, guilt, and all kinds of drama poo on him whenever she gets the opportunity. Are we supposed to conclude that she loves Sonny but respects Jason? Or was she afraid to blow up at Jason? It didn't ring true.

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 4:52 PM, LexieLily said:
On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 4:50 PM, Lillybee said:

Did Sonny really offer to off Valentin for Dante?

Of course. Because that's his ultimate answer to everything.

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 5:05 PM, Cheyanne11 said:

He's all about family--great guy!

UO: If Show worked like other shows, Sonny *should* be involved and ready to make Valentin disappear (or at least get Brick and Spinelli to track down Valentin's origins and weaknesses). Valentin killed his nephew's father, and held his son (among others) hostage at gunpoint. He *should* take it as an affront, rather than just mumble an offer and Dante to defer, and Dante isn't as innocent and moral and nonpartisan as he thinks. Dante did let his dad get back to house arrest, under the Commissioner's nose, while arresting Ava for being a Jerome.

Show has a skewered sense of retribution, partly because of the network limitations. Heroes can threaten, but they can't kill directly. That's why Rudge gets pistol-whipped and pushed off the bridge by a stepstool-standing Moobster rather than killed and his body "disappeared".

The complete episode should be online/On Demand, and it fills in a big piece of the puzzle with Olivia and Anna. The long con of the Jeromes started decades ago with "other members who wanted the Jeromes to come back", and Liv moved around from hospital to hospital for spinal surgery. This, along, with her "I know something you don't know" to Anna leads me to believe that we will see Liv and Valentin cross paths. Finally.

Oh, they won't let the pill swap saga go away. Only way to keep Lucy quiet is to bump her off, but since that's not possible, we get a rehash of Scotty seducing Lucy.

Um, that letter from Julian to Alexis is pretty good evidence against Liv. Shouldn't that go to the DA, or is it Lying Lies that Lies because Julian?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

Show has a skewered sense of retribution, partly because of the network limitations.

I don't think the network cares. If ripping a baby out of a pregnant woman's womb isn't going to raise the alarm, Sonny ineptly waving a gun around for the umpteenth time certainly won't. 

The writers don't care about retribution. They just want to hit their plot points and move on.

• Love 4

If they want me to root for Lulu, then she needs to swallow her anger and her pride and try to cooperate with Valentin. I understand her frustration, but her petulant attitude is doing her no favors. Laura looked like she wanted to swat Lulu with her menu, and I don't blame her. 

I cannot do yet another round of Sonny vs. Carly in his living room. They've been doing this dance for months; she yells, he apologizes, she huffs and puffs but forgives him, I rip my hair out in irritation. Everything that happens between them is inconsequential, because it always come back to them in each other's arms.

If it wasn't bad enough to have Nina and Lulu competing for Charlotte's affection, we've now got Nelle thrown into the mix. Fun! Just what this storyline needed!

Finn, you fool. Roxy didn't provide the cure for your condition for you to be a drugged up pain in the ass. Get your shit together.

• Love 5

Scenes of Bobbie tearing into Nelle have reached the point of diminished returns.  Bobbie calling her a home-wrecking bitch, gutter trash, etc. with no self-awareness about her own past history, not to mention Carly's, is starting to be annoying.

Anna calling herself a hypocrite for keeping Robin's existence from Robert for years was a degree of shading re: Valentin I didn't expect these writers to be capable of.

Sonny and Carly's latest mini-split, maybe-reunion is so repetitive.  We've been seeing this same boring dance from them for months.

• Love 13
11 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Fixed that for you.

Not like this, though, with these endless conversations sitting on Sonny's couch about how they love each other, but Carly can't forgive, blah blah blah SHUT UP.

Carly needs to get some fire back.  She should start by setting Sonny's house on fire.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Not like this, though, with these endless conversations sitting on Sonny's couch about how they love each other, but Carly can't forgive, blah blah blah SHUT UP.

Carly needs to get some fire back.  She should start by setting Sonny's house on fire.

She should. Sonny needs a new place. A new couch at least please.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Scenes of Bobbie tearing into Nelle have reached the point of diminished returns.  Bobbie calling her a home-wrecking bitch, gutter trash, etc. with no self-awareness about her own past history, not to mention Carly's, is starting to be annoying.

I know. And Bobbie got grabby, which is out of line no matter what happened. That was weird blocking: if Nelle was supposed to deliver the dress to Nina, why was she in the restaurant in the first place? She and Bobbie should have had their encounter in front of the elevator, but they probably have to remove the dining room part of the set to shoot there.

LOL at the level of Charlotte's puzzle/workbook. I thought she was farther along with reading/spelling than that.

I'm sure Anna appreciated you mansplaining her life to her, André, degree or not.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I know. And Bobbie got grabby, which is out of line no matter what happened. That was weird blocking: if Nelle was supposed to deliver the dress to Nina, why was she in the restaurant in the first place? She and Bobbie should have had their encounter in front of the elevator, but they probably have to remove the dining room part of the set to shoot there.

It also struck me re: the blocking/staging that Laura and Lulu were, like, right there in the restaurant when Bobbie was having this fight and had no reaction*.  Talk about your bubbles.

* that's one of my favorite things about UK soaps, people getting into scraps in the pub and the various people in the place looking on and commenting. 

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
54 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I'm pretty sure they don't.

Look at which characters get sympathetic writing under Jelly. I was shocked/not so shocked when I really came up with a list. And it's why I'm all for cancellation. 

• Love 1

What was with the "plink-plink" touching music when Nelle said she wanted to apply to be a nanny? And Charlotte being cool with everyone except Lulu is ridiculous.

Could MB have been any flatter when Sonny said he couldn't stand to lose Carly? This would be a lot more interesting if Sonny was just like, "because I didn't want to deal with the bullshit, especially since I don't freaking remember."

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

* that's one of my favorite things about UK soaps, people getting into scraps in the pub and the various people in the place looking on and commenting. 

GH needs to do so much more of this.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, ulkis said:

And Charlotte being cool with everyone except Lulu is ridiculous.

Welcome to your own version of Emma Loves All Of Daddy's Bed Buddies.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 9
12 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Seriously, so many denouncements have been behind closed doors, i.e. Carly finding out about Nelle and Sonny by herself in a dark apartment.  Boooring.

It's not like they did any better with the reveal of the Dante/Valerie affair in the middle of the (extremely sparsely attended) Halloween party

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Seriously, so many denouncements have been behind closed doors, i.e. Carly finding out about Nelle and Sonny by herself in a dark apartment.  Boooring.

Sonny went to prison and no one reacted except some day player. Although that was Ron. But still, either way, a whole episode of people talking about Sonny in prison would have been fun! But no, he just skipped to probably something Franco-related.

• Love 4

I don't hate ME or anything, but I'm so very tired of the scenes of him alone (or with Roxie) talking to himself.  It just gets so tiresome.  Either take the drug or dont' but shut up already.

Valentin:  I need you to leave me and my family alone.

Me:  Uh dude, you showed up at HER house, not the other way around.  Me thinks he doth protest too much.

• Love 6

Today on Paraphrase Hospital:

Carly:  You LIED to me SONNY
Sonny: Yeah, yeah, let's get past it because I'm tired of this conversation
Carly:  But you LIED to me SONNY.  She took advantage of our SON.  Poor precious Michael, you know how poor precious he is.  You kept it a secret.  You kept quiet.  You kept it a quiet secret.  
Sonny:  But I want to get past it.  We love each other.  Let's kiss.  
Carly:  But you LIED.  And I gotta go.  Same time next Tuesday?

Edited by Perkie
  • Love 19
13 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Speaking of Robin, is she still supposed to be in Port Charles?  We haven't seen or heard anything about her since she was rescued from the elevator.

She's gone. 

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

And Charlotte being cool with everyone except Lulu is ridiculous.

Right. It's so stupid and tiresome.

49 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

[Robin's] gone. 

But did they mention that fact at all? Maybe they did, I fast forward so much I probably just missed it.

I don't know where this "Nelle is Charlotte's new nanny," thing is going but I do know that it will either be offensive or boring. Or actually more likely it'll be both.

I'm still vaguely interested in what's up with Valentin/Anna, but they need to reveal it like this week or else I'll be officially over it.

I thought everyone looked nice today, especially Tracy. 

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I thought everyone looked nice today, especially Tracy. 

She did.  If only she had something to do besides talk to Rebecca Budig, talk to Dr. Michael Easton, talk TO Rebecca Budig ABOUT Dr. Michael Easton, etc.

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't know where this "Nelle is Charlotte's new nanny," thing is going but I do know that it will either be offensive or boring. Or actually more likely it'll be both.

Isn't this child old enough that she's supposed to be in school? What does Charlotte need a nanny for?

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Isn't this child old enough that she's supposed to be in school? What does Charlotte need a nanny for?

For those times when she's not in school.  Because Valentin is very busy at his job.........which is.......??

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Perkie said:

For those times when she's not in school.  Because Valentin is very busy at his job.........which is.......??

Who knows? Charlotte seems to be coloring at Crimson all the time.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm surprised they're doing this, if only because Nelle actually has some legit qualifications to be a nanny. How often does that happen? Heh. Also, Nelle could homeschool Charlotte if it comes to that. 

21 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm still vaguely interested in what's up with Valentin/Anna, but they need to reveal it like this week or else I'll be officially over it.

I don't understand why it's being drawn out like this. It was ages ago, and they were training to be spies. It can't be that bad.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

She's a Cassadine. She's probably getting private tutors.

24 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

She did.  If only she had something to do besides talk to Rebecca Budig, talk to Dr. Michael Easton, talk TO Rebecca Budig ABOUT Dr. Michael Easton, etc.

They aren't going to give her anything now. This is it. I'm just going to enjoy what little there is left, even when she's in a scene with someone who puts my teeth on edge.

1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

She's gone. 

That's my girl. She knows better than to stick around PC when her family's waiting for her in California.

I'd like to imagine both she and Patrick will put their feet down and have their PC family visit them from here on out. Nothing good has happened to Robin in PC since she and Patrick built that house.

• Love 5

Lulu and Quasimodo is one of the examples I speak of. Why does Lulu need to work with that fool after all the shit he did to her family. Just like they try to feed that same reasoning for Sam to play nice with Liz and Franco. Fuck those kids. Sam and Lulu need to be knocking bitches out.

I have no plans of watching this week unless Scout or Danny pop up.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I get that Rebecca Budig is bummed about Finn being an addict, but shouldn't she be happy that he's going to rehab (as far as she knows) and still has a job? Her moping around the hospital was so dumb.

Well they can't exactly fire him. He just saved GH and they need the money to keep the hospital afloat 

3 hours ago, dr. gailey said:

Lulu and Quasimodo is one of the examples I speak of. Why does Lulu need to work with that fool after all the shit he did to her family.

I don't need Lulu to work with Valentin or soften on him or whatever. Intellectually, I'm 100% on her side, fuck that guy. But, why is she so freaking STUPID AND IRRITATING about everything? She's like a stubborn five year old who thinks if she pouts and whines and stomps her feet, reality will conform to what she wants. It's hard to actually feel sympathy. She's supposedly a Spencer. Can't she come up with some kind of plan or con to completely wreck Valentin's shit?

• Love 7

Why did Nelle bother packing her stuff?  While it's great that she isn't afraid of the tiny, bad mobster or Cujo, his wife, I wish Nelle would simply leave town.  Nothing about this storyline worked.  Sticking her with Nina is a double horror; it's crazy cubed.  And what gives Neena the right to hire anyone to look after the little brat?  She's not even living in the same house.

• Love 7

Could MB have been any flatter when Sonny said he couldn't stand to lose Carly? This would be a lot more interesting if Sonny was just like, "because I didn't want to deal with the bullshit, especially since I don't freaking remember."

It breaks my heart to see that proud, beautiful man taking responsibility for something he didn't do. Nelle is a monster.  [/podAspBurger] 

You kept it a secret.  You kept quiet.  You kept it a quiet secret.

LOL.  

• Love 6

When Anna got a paper cut on her finger today the scene reminded me of that fairytale when the heroine pricks her finger on the spindle--is that "Sleeping Beauty"? Later her hand was all bound up when she was around Andre and Valentin. I thought it was going to be a plot point...did I miss something? Why did they have Anna cut her hand? Is it the same hand that was bleeding when she and Griffin were fighting off Liv? Or is it the other hand?

Anna hurt a finger of the same hand that had been slashed by Liv and was already bandaged up. I'm not sure what the significance is either. I guess it was to emphasize her New Vulnerability. One of the symptoms of polycythemia vera is excessive bleeding from small cuts, so maybe that was the point? Because then André showed up to tell her she was in no condition to whatever, and she snapped at him. I fear we are in for similar scenes for the rest of the time Finola is on the show.  

• Love 2
14 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

if only because Nelle actually has some legit qualifications to be a nanny

You're assuming that Nelle is actually a teaching assistant and didn't lie about that too.  

12 hours ago, dr. gailey said:

Lulu and Quasimodo is one of the examples I speak of. Why does Lulu need to work with that fool after all the shit he did to her family. Just like they try to feed that same reasoning for Sam to play nice with Liz and Franco.

Personally, I don't put the two in the same boat.  Sam and Liz need to work together because they have children by the same man.  The same way Alexis and Carly have matured over the years and now work together.  Same with Alexis and Olivia.  Lulu and Valentin is nowhere near the same.  He's a criminal who's targetted her family, while the worse she's done is talk to tell the child something she shouldn't have AT THAT MOMENT.  Also, if Valentin had done this properly from the beginning, Lulu wouldn't have scared Charlotte when she told her she was her mother.  So the fact that the writing wants Lulu to play nice and get along with Valentin is nonsense.  Unless it's to fascilitate ER's maternity leave, it's just nonsense.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

The fact that we don't know what was truth and what wasn't in the Nelle story is further proof of how horrible it was in every single way.

I think Jelly is going with "Whatever Nelle said in the past that doesn't prop up Sonny/Carly is a lie. Even if she has letters from her dad that were refused for delivery."

Nina hiring Nelle is perfect for Nina being Nina. She has the single-mindedness to believe whoever she is fixated on and whoever says otherwise is a Lying Liar Who Lies. If Valentin was to say the sun orbits the moon, she would be screaming at Neil DeGrasse Tyson for saying otherwise.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, dubbel zout said:
19 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

GH needs to do so much more of this.

I'm thinking of the non-name guys in the "Bulwinkle and Rocky" cartoons who would make comments on a park bench, but since ABC owns the Muppets, perhaps we can see this duo:

hqdefault.jpg

• Love 6

The thing is, it doesn't even need to be a real scene: When Bobbie was going after Nelle, we could have just seen Lulu and Laura watching with "glad it's not us" expressions (or whatever) on their faces. Just some acknowledgement that something else is happening in the same place they're in.

• Love 5

I agree. Nelle was returning the dress to Nina in the first place, so it's not like the setup for Nelle becoming Charlotte's nanny had to happen with the Bobbie scene.

I guess it was to remind us what was going on with Nelle? And probably give JZ her minimum. (ETA: I know she's recurring.)

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4