Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Just now, HeatLifer said:

But pretty much every character has suffered at the hands of Sonny and they have to get over it and defend him when the time comes. This isn't Jelly for me.

I understand that they decided that one of the kids had to be the apologist - but why? Their brother is dead! And Kristina, specifically nearly died in the exact same way. That is on Jelly because it makes absolutely no sense

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

I understand that they decided that one of the kids had to be the apologist - but why? Their brother is dead! And Kristina, specifically nearly died in the exact same way. That is on Jelly because it makes absolutely no sense

Why? That's a good question. It doesn't make sense. It never has with every regime and the characters who had to defend Sonny. I dunno. I guess I just see this as more of the same.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, LegalParrot81 said:

Joss, go buy yourself a one way ticket to Sydney and grow up in a normal, happy home with Jax and Lady Jane.

I forgot about Lady Jane.  She is a lovely character like Lila Quartermaine, but she was not afraid to call out the women who had done Jax wrong.  

11 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

I understand that they decided that one of the kids had to be the apologist - but why? Their brother is dead!

I don't understand, especially in the immediate aftermath. Maybe once things have calmed down a bit, someone can start to justify Sonny's heinous existence, but no one should be happy with him right now.

• Love 8
  • Because Morgan died, I guess they aren't going to the Shriners Burn hospital this year.
  • I know that Sonny is a very likely suspect for the bombing, but I'm irritated that everyone assumes he is guilty, and that Julian didn't have any other enemies. Even Joss was shouting it in the park. No one will listen when Sonny tells him that he called off any retribution. Since the driver has apparently vanished too since the accident, and can't be questioned, isn't it possible that someone else framed Sonny for the hit on Julian?
  • Has the show given a strong reason why Ava hasn't been over to collect the baby Avery? I know that she is not yet aware that Carly left Sonny, but Julian's trial is over now, and the bomb explosion and Morgan's death can be evidence that Sonny's household is dangerous for kids. Today, Nelle didn't even mention the possibility of contacting another caretaker (e.g., Ava) for Avery.
  • After the explosion, someone on the accident scene (Dante?) mentioned that "DNA and remains" were found, so Morgan could be presumed dead. But today someone said that no body had been found, probably due to the explosion and fire. Will the show clear this contradiction up?
  • It's possible that smirky Claudette wants to dump the little girl on Nathan so that she doesn't need to raise her or have the responsibility.
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Okay, I think the tortured logic might be, if all of the kids hate him, then too much of the audience will start to hate him, but then if we do anything to Sonny, the Sonny fans will all stop watching? 

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

After the explosion, someone on the accident scene (Dante?) mentioned that "DNA and remains" were found, so Morgan could be presumed dead. But today someone said that no body had been found, probably due to the explosion and fire. Will the show clear this contradiction up?

"Remains" don't necessarily mean an entire body. In this case, it was probably the few pieces of hair Morgan had left. /mean

11 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Okay, I think the tortured logic might be, if all of the kids hate him, then too much of the audience will start to hate him, but then if we do anything to Sonny, the Sonny fans will all stop watching?

If they're true blue Sonny fans, nothing will stop them from watching. They'll want their hero to fight back against all the haters and prove them wrong. I think the reason Kristina is defending Sonny is because they don't know what else to do. They can recycle lines only so many times per episode.

• Love 4
59 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:
  • Because Morgan died, I guess they aren't going to the Shriners Burn hospital this year.
  • I know that Sonny is a very likely suspect for the bombing, but I'm irritated that everyone assumes he is guilty, and that Julian didn't have any other enemies. Even Joss was shouting it in the park. No one will listen when Sonny tells him that he called off any retribution. Since the driver has apparently vanished too since the accident, and can't be questioned, isn't it possible that someone else framed Sonny for the hit on Julian?
  • Has the show given a strong reason why Ava hasn't been over to collect the baby Avery? I know that she is not yet aware that Carly left Sonny, but Julian's trial is over now, and the bomb explosion and Morgan's death can be evidence that Sonny's household is dangerous for kids. Today, Nelle didn't even mention the possibility of contacting another caretaker (e.g., Ava) for Avery.
  • After the explosion, someone on the accident scene (Dante?) mentioned that "DNA and remains" were found, so Morgan could be presumed dead. But today someone said that no body had been found, probably due to the explosion and fire. Will the show clear this contradiction up?
  • It's possible that smirky Claudette wants to dump the little girl on Nathan so that she doesn't need to raise her or have the responsibility.

Is it wrong that I read "Morgan died, so no Shriner's Hospital for Kids this year." And then I laughed.  I genuinely laughed.  Am I bad person? 

To address the other points, no one believes Sonny didn't do it because Sonny murdered AJ in the face.  Literally.  The face.  Boom.  And got away with it.  So he's the number one suspect when things go kaboom, plus he's usually involved in all of the bombings because they're either for him or from him.  Re:Avery- I guess no one cares till they need to change her paternity to save Ava again because that will literally be the only thing now.  How will that save her?  I guess because she's then going to be the Mother of Poor Dead Morgan's Only Baby.  And Nelle probably is up to something or something, so something.  Will the show clear up the mystery remains of Morgan?  Sadly, no.  It was probably um a tee shirt with blood, hair (lol), teeth, and a bone.  Because that's what it always is.  And then we'll find out that was faked by Helena, Valentin, or Santa Claus or AJ because all fat guys are evil.  Re: Claudette- she probably went shopping and thought the kid came with the furniture.  Somewhere her real parents are looking for her.  Or that child is a mannequin brought to life, which explains why she can't read.   Still a better story than a lot of current things.

• Love 1

LW continues to do great work and I love when people call Sonny out/hate him, but it's still slightly annoying because it's coming from Carly.

The Joss actress was good today and I loved everything Joss said. Her reactions are really the only ones that have made total sense in this whole thing.

I continue to love Curtis, but I got a shudder down my spine when Julian hired him to investigate Sonny. I just know that will end in him proving Sonny innocent/joining the "Sonny is PC's hero!" brigade. Sigh.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 7

Jason looks like he's counting the seconds before he can hightail it out of there.

He had every opportunity. He could cite his magically fluid amnesia and claim to have no memory of the Corinthii and so can't be expected to hand-hold them through their endless disasters and tragedies. I would.

Edited by Melgaypet
added quote for clarity
  • Love 2
47 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I guess Nell (I'm totally blanking out. How the fuck do you spell her name?) has a clear way to Sonny and baby number bagillion? Or maybe Carly walks in on that?

Nelle.

Nelle screwing Sonny would have only been amusing if Carly hadn't decided to leave him today. Who cares now?

We need a repeat of this good shit:

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:
18 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Jason looks like he's counting the seconds before he can hightail it out of there.

He looks like he's plotting or some shit. I'm crying. 

LOL. Or he's counting the seconds before he strangles her because he's just had it.

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Nelle.

Nelle screwing Sonny would have only been amusing if Carly hadn't decided to leave him today. Who cares now?

How did we go from that to fuckin' Fluke and Franco?

• Love 2

I think this would be more interesting if Carly stayed with Sonny out of self-punishment and they're just miserable around each other, they start drinking and throwing remarks at each other and they just start bringing in people have having sex with other people in the house, and like, I don't know, they attend the NYE party at the metro court and people just look at them because they obviously hate each other but they're like "do you have a fucking problem with a couple out together at a party?" Then, finally, Michael can make them separate by dragging Carly out of the house or something.

Did Claudette say anything important or was I right to skip that.

Was mildly interested when Maxie snatched the juicebag and called the lab for a paternity test. It would be funny if she really were Nathan's and Maxie dumped him cause she doesn't want to deal with his kid. Hey, if she doesn't want to raise hers (and I'm someone who doesn't blame her for it) I wouldn't blame her for not wanting to raise his. Although I was thinking funnily enough that the girl's face actually reminds me of JMB a little bit.

"It'll be a gift if she's yours cause she'll be part you and I love you" or whatever it is she said. Sure Maxie, sure. No Nathan! Of course she doesn't mean it, you dolt.

"Thank God I have you and Josslyn." Oh, all of a sudden Avery isn't being claimed, eh Carly. Of course, to be fair to Carly, if she had said something about Avery being her daughter too I woulda been like hold the phone lady, hold the phone.

"I just want you to know I never take you for granted." Oh, everyone knows she doesn't take Michael for granted.

3 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

How did we go from that to fuckin' Fluke and Franco?

Well, we got that amidst the Bordello and Ethan dragging the relationships of people he never met and Lucky wailing about his two minute wife, so don't lament too much, heh. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Sigh.  Garin Wolf was so good his first few months writing this show.  People are actually allowed to read Sonny and Carly for filth.  At least until his final two or three months, when they weren't anymore.  Either Maurice had a lot of clout, charm, charisma, a combination of two of those, or a combination of all three and was able to get Garin to write Sonny the way he wanted him written, or TPTB at the network pressured him into it.  (Wouldn't be surprised if the same ended up happening to Ron, too.)

Nonetheless, I would rather have Garin back than endure any more of Jean and Shelly's work.

• Love 4

I'd take back GW at this point - all of it, slow-ass pacing, lady in white. I can't take anymore of these FV randos and this drama-free soap and this bullshit excuse for storytelling. I haven't made it through an entire episode in years. 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, Michel said:

Sigh.  Garin Wolf was so good his first few months writing this show.  People are actually allowed to read Sonny and Carly for filth.  At least until his final two or three months, when they weren't anymore.  Either Maurice had a lot of clout, charm, charisma, a combination of two of those, or a combination of all three and was able to get Garin to write Sonny the way he wanted him written, or TPTB at the network pressured him into it.  (Wouldn't be surprised if the same ended up happening to Ron, too.)

Nonetheless, I would rather have Garin back than endure any more of Jean and Shelly's work.

Garin was very bad, pretty much as bad as JP/SA are. I would wish for the script writers back, they're what gave us scenes like these, and they probably could again even if the show overall was dreck, which GW's run was. 

2 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

"Dad was right about Uncle Sonny all along!" Preach it, girl!

And how the hell is it under wraps that Sonny shot Dante in the heart and killed AJ? I'm sure Joss and all the kids should know.

She does know - remember that weird random scene of Joss enacting it out with her stuffed animals to Spencer?

• Love 3
1 minute ago, ulkis said:

She does know - remember that weird random scene of Joss enacting it out with her stuffed animals to Spencer?

LOL @ you thinking I didn't block out Spencer and those brats. But, regardless, in today's scenes, she clearly had no idea what Sonny has done.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

I'd take back GW at this point. All of it, slow-ass pacing, lady in white - I can't take anymore of these FV randos and this drama-free soap and this bullshit excuse for storytelling. I haven't made it through an entire episode in years. 

He was the same imo. There was no drama under him either. There was for about a month and then it came to a halt. Ethan stared at a painting, Lucky stared at pills, Lulu at glasses, the mystery of the off-screen strippers. Steve and his "past". I remember when the biggest movement in the LIW story was her leaving an apple? or him leaving and she took it? And oh God, Sonny in Brooklyn with his trumpet. And he introduced a lot of newbies and they were all terrible too. GH's ratings probably would have made the Revolution seem like a hit in comparison.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

LOL @ you thinking I didn't block out Spencer and those brats. But, regardless, in today's scenes, she clearly had no idea what Sonny has done.

So dumb. But I guess it didn't make sense she knew as a kid. But she'd just throw out that tried and trusty excuse, "he didn't know he was his son!" 

Speaking of weird dialogue, "what the hell is your mom doing to my dad?" was oddly phrased by Kristina. Does that mean they can hook up now? They have chemistry!

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, ulkis said:

So dumb. But I guess it didn't make sense she knew as a kid. But she'd just throw out that tried and trusty excuse, "he didn't know he was his son!" 

Everyone just looks so freaking dumb. It's why I don't want to analyze characters anymore. Michael, for example, should not be the one defending Sonny after what has happened throughout his life, specifically the incidents of Dante and AJ and his own gunshot wound. Carly, for example, should not be yelling at Michael about how she needs to leave Sonny when she didn't give a crap that Sonny killed Michael's real father and wanted Michael to just forgive them. 

• Love 9
24 minutes ago, ulkis said:

He was the same imo. There was no drama under him either. There was for about a month and then it came to a halt. Ethan stared at a painting, Lucky stared at pills, Lulu at glasses, the mystery of the off-screen strippers. Steve and his "past". I remember when the biggest movement in the LIW story was her leaving an apple? or him leaving and she took it? And oh God, Sonny in Brooklyn with his trumpet. And he introduced a lot of newbies and they were all terrible too. GH's ratings probably would have made the Revolution seem like a hit in comparison.

I'd still prefer him because the characters at least acted like themselves, for the most part, under him. Also, I think the party on the boat that Lisa ended up ruining counting as drama that happened under him.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Michel said:

I'd still prefer him because the characters at least acted like themselves, for the most part, under him. Also, I think the party on the boat that Lisa ended up ruining counting as drama that happened under him.

There was lots of OOC stuff. I would take Garin, over these writers I suppose if they came with the old scriptwriters, but Garin with the scriptwriters now would be as just as much of a disaster. 

11 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Everyone just looks so freaking dumb. It's why I don't want to analyze characters anymore. Michael, for example, should not be the one defending Sonny after what has happened throughout his life, specifically the incidents of Dante and AJ and his own gunshot wound. Carly, for example, should not be yelling at Michael about how she needs to leave Sonny when she didn't give a crap that Sonny killed Michael's real father and wanted Michael to just forgive them. 

I could buy Michael telling her not to leave Sonny because she's made her bed, now she has to lie in it. Maybe that's what he was doing, except more nicely lol.

Speaking of random characters, I heard some rumblings of the PP lawsuit being almost over? does anyone know anything more about that? Will Claudette officially be turning into Tess sometimes soon?

• Love 2

My computer's been in the shop, so let me see if I have this: Sonny not only blew up another one of his kids, but this one is actually dead?

How the fuck do they believe anyone can continue to root for this character?

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, jsbt said:

My computer's been in the shop, so let me see if I have this: Sonny not only blew up another one of his kids, but this one is actually dead?

uh, well it was Morgan? And it will probably turn out to be not his bomb.

And you know "Mo mastercraft at acting blah blah the guilt is worse than prisoncakes". 

And they expect the same thing to work with Ava. From a LW interview

LAURA:  Yes, and Ava becomes riddled with guilt, and is in shock, and the ramifications are going to be huge.  You can’t hand that to a better actor than Maura West!

I mean . . . even if Sonny had set the bomb, what were the odds Morgan would steal Julian's car? (okay, with Sonny, pretty high.) With stealing Morgan's pill, the odds were huge that Morgan would get himself killed. Ava's guilt is absurd.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Steve and his "past".

And his past was literally killing a hobo. I mean, come ON.

When Joss came down the stairs, I first thought, "What is Lulu doing at Casa Corinthos?"  Then I LOLed when she and Kristina hugged. LA is tiny

I figured out why Kristina is a Sonny apologist: She's moved up in the Corinthos pecking order, and she wants to make sure she keeps her spot. 

Of course Scott decides to scuttle off to the Bahamas. Never change, Baldwin.

When Claudette monologued about keeping Charlotte safe, I really wanted Valentin to pop up. This story is beyond stupid. And really, if everyone is so concerned about what Charlotte will hear, why are they constantly talking about her when she's less than two feet away? So stupid.

Was that a new Avery? 

I kind of love that Julian shows up at Sonny's door with the fruit basket Nina was going to send.

Nelle, if you want to help, you can't get squeamish when someone mentions the funeral.

I love Maxie's red lipstick. It looks fantastic.

• Love 4

TJ did not need to be in those scenes at Jake's with Morgan, when it made more sense for Kiki to jump in the car and end up dead.  Morgan goes completely off the rails and is arrested for manslaughter.  Ava loses it all when Paul's lawyer drops off the Connie tape and she's busted for messing with Morgan's meds.  Morgan tries to commit suicide and is stopped by Dante once his blood work shows his meds were tampered with by Ava.  Avery gets sick and Sonny is not the father and we have CarSon trying to keep the child, but Morgan grabs her and leaves town.  It's time for Alexis to go on another killing spree and off her husband!

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Because it won't be Sonny's fault. Someone else will have set up the car bomb after he called it off or some nonsense like that. Doesn't matter, though. Sonny will always keep kickin' it. 

• Love 4

Was that a new Avery?

Don't think so.  She just looked a little older.  Loved how she kept saying okay to all the parties at the park.  Chad had to look away to hide a smile.  

Carly:  "While you were having your epiphany, Morgan was driving to his death".  Maybe I'm just easy, but that was a powerful line.  Kudos to Laura Wright.  Also kudos to the makeup people for making Carly look like she's been crying for two days.  

• Love 7

Hopefully Joss stops calling Sonny "uncle" now, gawd that is so stupid.  She is a teenager not a toddler wondering who is the man that keeps coming out of her mom's bedroom.  And even Krissy saying "my dad, your uncle sonny" makes no damn sense unless Jax absolutely laid down the law that Joss could not say that sonny was her step dad.

• Love 3

Laura Wright was great today, however, I have not one ounce of sympathy for Carly.  She has been playing with fire in regards to the lives of herself and her children for DECADES.  She repeatedly chose to raise her children within the mob and this is the result.  

• Love 23
6 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I guess Joss doesn't think Uncle Sonny being in the mob is super cool anymore and there will be no more career days for him.  All it took was him blowing up her brother. #eyeroll

Shut up, Kristina.  Her defending him here - given she almost died in a super similar situation - rings false as hell.

My son was home while I was watching today, and we had the following conversation: 

Him: Isn't that Kristina?

Me: Yes.

Him: So, while she's consoling him, will she bring up the time he almost blew her to pieces with a car bomb? 

Me: Yes. It will be a great bonding moment for them. 

• Love 14