Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Jake is already so far up Carly's butt that I'm sure he'll tell Michael to get over it. AJ was fat, he didn't deserve to live.

You may be right but Jake has no memories and no love for Michael, he just takes Carly's word for everything. Jason would not be stupid enough to do that and he loves Michael, I'd like to believe he'd think differently about the whole thing, if he had all the memories and correct information. I can't imagine Jason not at least talking to Michael, being willing to consider Michael's side of things and he always supported Michael. Not that it was ever tested against Sonny IIRC but I think he would see where Michael is coming from...maybe? He would possibly bring up giving up Jake, to keep him safe although that didn't work the logic behind it is still valid. Hmmm, maybe FLuke did kill Jake on purpose.

• Love 3

The smile at the end was ill-advised,

No kidding. I get that Kiki is mad at Michael but he is still someone she claims to have loved.  Smiling gleefully about ruining his reputation is not the appropriate response.  I would have gone with rueful determination; how about conveying that you are prepared to do it because you think its right for your sister but its not something you feel good about?  Kiki lied over and over to Michael about various things during their relationship, even after she promised not to do it anymore, so her not taking any responsibility for the current state of her relationship with Michael is ridiculous.

• Love 3

According to the previews, Lulu and Maxie get their roots done.

I don't really care about anything else. Why? Because Yelly Lucky is with a dude on B&B and doesn't know it. I've been laughing throughout GH. It's made Ron's bullshit about 80% more enjoyable.

• Love 1

I can see Sabrina wringing her hands -- "I don't want the baby going to Sonny, but... I saw what I saw!  Oh, whatever will I dooooooooo?"

Why would the baby go to Sonny? Michael becoming a drunk, drug addict, serial killer, bunny stealer would not make Sonny any less dangerous. The premises is flawed. Avery could, and maybe should go to Delia at this point, I bet her and Roger and what remains of the Ryan clan would easily make a better home then almost anywhere in Port Charles   (Plus the idea of Jack Fanelli looking at Sonny and laughing would be so worth it)

As is if Kiki and Morgan do get the baby taken from Mike Q, then Avery is headed for Social Services

Edited by Fylaki
  • Love 1

Why would the baby go to Sonny? Michael becoming a drunk, drug addict, serial killer, bunny stealer would not make Sonny any less dangerous. The premises is flawed. Avery could, and maybe should go to Delia at this point, I bet her and Roger and what remains of the Ryan clan would easily make a better home then almost anywhere in Port Charles   (Plus the idea of Jack Fanelli looking at Sonny and laughing would be so worth it)

As is if Kiki and Morgan do get the baby taken from Mike Q, then Avery is headed for Social Services

Actually their premise was that Michael is using a corrupt Judge to win and if child services finds Michael is unfit then the judge's hands are tied and he can't take Avery from Sonny so yes Sonny would get custody back b/c no one else is suing for custody from Sonny just Michael. The whole issue is Michael didn't really prove his case that Sonny is a danger to Avery herself just that he has other children who were in danger when he was in the mob which he isn't in anymore. If not for the corrupt judge Michael wouldn't have proved his case so Sonny would get her back if the judge had to declare Michael unfit.

I don't quite understand where the idea Kiki and Morgan would drug Michael came from. It seemed more like their plan was to use what Michael is already doing to their advantage by drawing attention to how Michael is already being. I just didn't get anything THAT devious out of it more like scheming to me. I mean Michael is drinking quite a bit and going around yelling and angry at everyone. Even he realized he was yelling in front of a baby with Duke. If a child services case worker saw him yell at Duke with Avery and then go sit at a bar with Avery in his lap and have two drinks to "calm down" it would be a red flag.

Edited by Cattitude
The fact that this plotting and scheming is against poor little sainted Michael is why everyone is upset.

I'm upset not because the scheme is against Michael but because the scheme is reprehensible. Same as when Sonny framed Jax for rape during the Joss custody trial. That was beyond revolting. 

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 12

I don't quite understand where the idea Kiki and Morgan would drug Michael came from. It seemed more like their plan was to use what Michael is already doing to their advantage by drawing attention to how Michael is already being. I just didn't get anything THAT devious out of it more like scheming to me.

But Kiki and Morgan didn't see what we saw Michael doing yesterday.  And by Kiki's own admission, Michael doesn't really drink.  So they have to manufacture evidence to support claims that he's not just drinking, but drinking so much and so often that he's a danger to the baby and that, in my opinion, will most likely lead to drugging him at one point. 

It's speculation on my part, but it's also Ron's writing.

Edited by TeeVee329

But Kiki and Morgan didn't see what we saw Michael doing yesterday.  And by Kiki's own admission, Michael doesn't really drink.  So they have to manufacture evidence to support claims that he's not just drinking, but drinking so much and so often that he's a danger to the baby and that, in my opinion, will most likely lead to drugging him at one point. 

It's speculation on my part, but it's also Ron's writing.

But then she also admitted that he must have been really drunk to sleep with Rosalie so they do suspect he is drinking more now than he did before.

• Love 1

But then she also admitted that he must have been really drunk to sleep with Rosalie so they do suspect he is drinking more now than he did before.

Because Kiki has an ego as big as an elephant.  Bottom line - Morgan and Kiki agreed they'd have to manufacture evidence because there is no actual evidence.

Also...

Because it worked for Carly?

This.  Ron won't be able to resist the PARALLELS and the HISTORY by having Morgan do to Michael what she did to AJ.

• Love 2

See I just don't think there is no evidence. I mean if it were Sonny who argued with someone then sat at a bar with Avery in his lap and had two drinks everyone would be all over it as poor parenting b/c it is. Michael is using poor judgement and Kiki and Morgan can use that to their advantage. I don't see how it is any worse than Michael getting a judge in his pocket other than Michael is Morgan's brother and he should feel bad about it.

To me that was all Morgan and Kiki were saying was they have this plan and they are going to work on it. I don't think they have details yet and they would observe Michael and see what they could use as the first step.

Edited by Cattitude

See I just don't think there is no evidence. I mean if it were Sonny who argued with someone then sat at a bar with Avery in his lap and had two drinks everyone would be all over it as poor parenting b/c it is. Michael is using poor judgement and Kiki and Morgan can use that to their advantage. I don't see how it is any worse than Michael getting a judge in his pocket other than Michael is Morgan's brother and he should feel bad about it.

Once again, Morgan and Kiki don't watch "General Hospital" so they know nothing about what Michael was doing yesterday.

And I think making someone with a history of addiction in their family think they're an addict and/or frame them so other people think they are is absolutely worse.  It's reprehensible.

In other news, I guess today's episode was pretty bad since we're still debating yesterday lol?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8

See I just don't think there is no evidence. I mean if it were Sonny who argued with someone then sat at a bar with Avery in his lap and had two drinks everyone would be all over it as poor parenting b/c it is.

Here's the thing about that.

By your own logic, Sonny should never be allowed near a baby. Because there is plenty of evidence of the kind of father he's been, and it isn't just because he's a mobster. Look at his track record objectively and tell me that you think he's a good parent, or even a half-decent human being. I'm being sincere because I'm pretty sure you can't do it.

• Love 6

Once again, Morgan and Kiki don't watch "General Hospital" so they know nothing about what Michael was doing yesterday.

And I think making someone with a history of addiction in their family think they're an addict and/or frame them so other people think they are is absolutely worse.  It's reprehensible.

I don't think they were wanting to make Michael think anything they were wanting to make the courts see it. Of course IRL it would be terrible but compared to half the mob stuff in PC it doesn't seem like anything that major to me. I mean yes drugging him would be bad but I never got that at all from Morgan and Kiki brain trust. They seemed to mulling over what to do and Kiki didn't think it was doable b/c at first she thought Michael doesn't drink much then as they talked she begin to see yes maybe he does now. I just don't think any conclusions could be gotten from the talk yesterday.

Moran and Kiki are disgusting, and Kiki smiling at everything Morgan was saying? Those 2 morons don't even realize if they prove Michael unfit on top of Sonny unfit there's a change the child goes to foster care? 

I hope Michael and Sabrina find out their plan and it blows up in their face.

• Love 7

Morgan talked about playing dirty, about the Quartermaine genes being cursed with addiction, and being able to manufacture evidence that made Michael look like a bigger drunk than AJ when that is clearly not the case.  None of that has anything to do with Michael's current behavior. 

And none of that excuses the lack of hesitation, the almost gleefulness Morgan and Kiki exhibited.

But I think it might be agree to disagree time. :)

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

Here's the thing about that.

By your own logic, Sonny should never be allowed near a baby. Because there is plenty of evidence of the kind of father he's been, and it isn't just because he's a mobster. Look at his track record objectively and tell me that you think he's a good parent, or even a half-decent human being. I'm being sincere because I'm pretty sure you can't do it.

I have not a clue what you are talking about so I can't really answer that. There are very few soap characters who are good parents. Nik is a terrible parent to Spencer yet no one wants to take him away. Many people aren't the kind of parent they should be but their children turn out okay and as far as I can see all Sonny's kids are fine as adults. The funny thing is I don't even like Sonny that much I just don't hate him. I end up giving voice to the opposite side b/c no one else will but I don't think Sonny is a good person and he shouldn't have kept Michael from AJ so by that same token I don't think Michael should use Avery the same way he was used.

My point was what Michael did yesterday with Avery wasn't good parenting and if it would have been Sonny others would have seen it as such but since it wasn't it seems to be getting glossed over somehow.

• Love 1

I may or may not have taken off my shoe and waved it around in anger and disgust towards Spinelli today. I seriously hate him more than is healthy to hate a fictional character, and frankly any real person. I honestly don't know what else happened today because I was so enraged by Spinelli. At one point, I was foaming at the mouth in anger.

I hope he and Nathan have an actual dual tomorrow with actual swords and that Spin gets stabbed to death and bleeds out, and then his body is feed to a pack of hyenas.

• Love 8

Getting drunk with a baby in one's arms is bad. Merely having a drink or two while holding a baby is not the same thing. I don't think I know any children that wouldn't be with social services if the latter was a reason to remove custody. 

I don't however, know of any children who's father's occupation resulted in them being shot in the head, having their mother shot in the head, being almost blown up by  a car bomb, being actually blown up by a car bomb (in utero), being kidnapped and/or being shot in the gut by the father. If I did, I'd call CPS. 

• Love 11

I may or may not have taken off my shoe and waved it around in anger and disgust towards Spinelli today. I seriously hate him more than is healthy to hate a fictional character, and frankly any real person. I honestly don't know what else happened today because I was so enraged by Spinelli. At one point, I was foaming at the mouth in anger.

I hope he and Nathan have an actual dual tomorrow with actual swords and that Spin gets stabbed to death and bleeds out, and then his body is feed to a pack of hyenas.

oh thank gawd! Spin is useful for something. To make me feel one of the crowd! It warms my heart that I'm not the only one who wants him to get dumped in a woodchipper and buried in a cement box in the bottom of the ocean:)

• Love 4

Spin: how can I compete with Nathan's muscles?

I don't know Spin. Maybe stop chugging orange soda, chips, and pick up a protein shake and do a lap around the gym, that's a start.

Molly please don't call your devil dad smoking hot. However please continue to be cute and showing how to online date. Ric was cute too with her

Nathan: You look beautiful

He says to the woman with the ratty hair and Forever 21's version of an old west saloon dress. That dress really burned the retinas. And so much babble today.

Nik and Sam looked good, per usual these days. Keep it up, 10-4.

previews

I don't know if I like that lighter shade of blonde on Lulu. At least they straightened her hair though

• Love 4

You say the sweetest things. This post gives me warm fuzzies!

• Love 1

According to the previews, Lulu and Maxie get their roots done.

I don't really care about anything else. Why? Because Yelly Lucky is with a dude on B&B and doesn't know it. I've been laughing throughout GH. It's made Ron's bullshit about 80% more enjoyable.

It only matters if she revealed her birth name was Stephen.

• Love 3

Could Spin and Spenser possibly be related? Their dialogue today was so over the top. So much drama.

Could Sonny be off his meds again because I don't think that normal Sonny would ever have a heart to heart chat with Spin.

Edited by Lillybee
  • Love 3

ulkis I know the show must have been terrible when your comments are about clothes and beauty.

no I thought it was an okay episode. My posts are always about clothes and beauty a lot of the time :) The spin part was less about his body and more about he was doing more passive aggressive whining about Nathan's muscles, acting like he had no power to make his own body better than it is, even if it'll never be like Nathan's.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

I'm glad I'm not the only one who hated Maxie's Dress of Death. She's got two dudes in love with her, why is she dressing like someone died?

And please explain to me wtf happened to Spinelli's eyes?! Do they not know what concealer or eye cream is? It's why I can't hate him. He hugs Billy Miller and I need to help him. He's like a dumpster cat. I keep throwing him scraps, even though it's wrong and he keeps coming back for more. One day he'll get hit by a car, and I'll be sad, but I know it will be my fault for encouraging the flea ridden dirt bag that is Spinelli fandom. But that's Ron's GH, I guess.

• Love 2

I'm glad I'm not the only one who hated Maxie's Dress of Death. She's got two dudes in love with her, why is she dressing like someone died?

Because one of them is a very pretty tree and the other one is annoying, self-righteous and, well, Spinelli? Or perhaps because she's stupid enough to actually be torn between a decent and incredibly pretty police office and, well, Spinelli?

• Love 4

Spin: how can I compete with Nathan's muscles?

I don't know Spin. Maybe stop chugging orange soda, chips, and pick up a protein shake an

What makes Nathan the better man has nothing to do with his body vs. Spin's. Spin is an emotionally abusive and manipulative douche, and him suddenly pecs and a six-pac wouldnt change that. And Spin bringing up their physical differences repeatedly is infuriating because instead of doing something proactive about it he scarfs down chips and orange soda and bitches to Sonny.

• Love 8

Because one of them is a very pretty tree and the other one is annoying, self-righteous and, well, Spinelli? Or perhaps because she's stupid enough to actually be torn between a decent and incredibly pretty police office and, well, Spinelli?

Perfect summary. You know it's Bizarro World when anyone can be realistically torn between Nathan and Spinelli.

• Love 3

I don't quite understand where the idea Kiki and Morgan would drug Michael came from. It seemed more like their plan was to use what Michael is already doing to their advantage by drawing attention to how Michael is already being. I just didn't get anything THAT devious out of it more like scheming to me. I mean Michael is drinking quite a bit and going around yelling and angry at everyone. Even he realized he was yelling in front of a baby with Duke. If a child services case worker saw him yell at Duke with Avery and then go sit at a bar with Avery in his lap and have two drinks to "calm down" it would be a red flag.

Michael is not drinking a lot.  He had one drink yesterday at the bar and he didn't even finish it.  Also, he wasn't yelling and angry at everyone.  In fact, apart from his confrontation with Duke yesterday, Michael has not confronted anyone.  Morgan is the one that got in Michael's face at Kelly's and threw a punch.  Kiki stormed into the Q mansion shrieking and raving at Michael and Sabrina.  Michael does not seek out his family AT ALL.  Has he had a single scene with Sonny and Carly since he took Avery?  Is he going out of his way to throw Avery in Sonny's face?  Nope.  Instead, he spends all his time taking care of her, including taking her to a business meeting at the Metro Court rather than leave her home.  This tells me that he is serious about wanting to give Avery a better life and NOT about wanting revenge.  If it was all about revenge, he would be rubbing Sonny's face it in, and he hasn't even spoken to Sonny.

As for the drugging issue, it's been stated that Michael is not a drinker.  There is no evidence that he is an excessive drinker.  Heck, Sonny pours himself a drink EVERY TIME he enters his sitting room, and no one calls him an alcoholic.  Even Kiki admitted that Michael is not a drinker and only had an occasional drink or glass of wine.  So in order to make Michael look unfit and for Social Services to be called in, there would need to be evidence of Michael's drinking or incompetence.  If Michael isn't drinking, then how do they show that he's drinking?  The only way I can think of them doing it is to drug him.  If Michael is ordering a drink at the bar, which many people at the Metro Court do, and Morgan or Kiki slip him something and walk away.  Then there will be witnesses to Michael "falling down" drunk at a public place.  I think that's what Morgan and Kiki plan to do. 

That's because Kiki thinks that she is the only woman Michael would ever willingly sleep with.  She's an idiot.  Remember how she told Micahel that he would regret that he broke up with her?  Well he hasn't, not even a little.  Michael wasn't drunk at all when he slept with Rosalie.  They were both sober and lucid when they consciously chose to go back to his place.  Neither one of them was stumbling out the door drunk, and they woke up the next morning fully aware of what happened and their choices the night before.  It's only in Kiki's mind that Michael had to have been drinking in order for him to sleep with Rosalie.  

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 11

I just can't with Nik. No. No. He would never keep this secret. Stop this. Between him, Morgan, Sonny, SPINELLI, and Patrick. So many men on this show should take a stroll off a cliff.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2
I don't quite understand where the idea Kiki and Morgan would drug Michael came from.

Cattitude, I went back and watched yesterday's Kiki and Morgan scenes, because I too had the impression that Kiki and Morgan were going to somehow set up Michael (spike a drink, drug him, something). Here's the dialogue.

At about 22 minutes, Kiki says, "We're screwed […] so is Avery, all because Michael played dirty."

A light bulb goes on over Morgan's head. It is, of course, a dim bulb, because… Morgan. "Maybe that's it […] Michael played dirty, so we're going to play dirty, too."

Their next scene is at about 28 minutes. Kiki likes the idea, but doesn't understand how it will work. They blabber about the judge. Morgan says, "We have to make Michael seem like the worst parent since Mama June. That's how we beat him at his own game." They blab some more about getting Michael reported to child services. 

The next scene is at about 34 minutes. Kiki blabs about Michael might as well be living at Downton Abbey. Morgan says the nonsense about Michael "painting" Sonny as a criminal. Kiki spews her nonsense about that not being "much of a stretch," and "based" on the truth. The two talk about different reasons kids get taken from parents. Finally Morgan hits on "alcohol." 

The next scene is at 49 minutes. Kiki reminds Morgan that Michael doesn't drink much, except for how he must have been blind drunk to sleep with Rosalie. Morgan says, "Kiki, okay, it doesn't matter how much he does drink or doesn't drink. Drinking is in Michael's blood. Alcoholism is a Quartermaine curse."

After a cut to Michael drinking at the Metro Court, we jump back to Kiki and Morgan. Morgan says, "Everyone knows that Michael's biological father is a bona fide alcoholic, and AJ's dad had a really bad pill problem at one point. So it's -- substance abuse and addiction is just passed down from one generation to the next." Kiki remembers Monica is a recovering alcoholic. Morgan says, "Yes. Yes! That's amazing. That's a bonus. That means that Michael has three full-fledged addicts hanging on his family tree. So you know what? Mikey wants to be a Quartermaine. He wants to change his name legally and stuff, that's fine. He's going to be a Quartermaine, in every way." 

At about 56 minutes, Kiki says, "It is a really good idea, claiming that Michael's a lush because his dad was one, but you know, we don't have a shred of proof that Michael inherited the disease." Morgan says, "Kiki, so what? We'll make our own proof."

In the last scene, Morgan tells Kiki, "By the time we finish with Mikey, he's going to look like he parties so much, that he's too wasted to take care of our baby sister. We're going to make him look like a bigger drunk than his father. We're going to do this, Kiki. I'll make sure. We'll do whatever we have to do, to make sure Michael loses Avery." Kiki beams.

Technically, I think you're right. Morgan hasn't specified what his "whatever we have to do," is yet, but to me, the writing is on the wall that this is going to be like when Carly drugged AJ. 

Edited to add:

Michael is not drinking a lot.  He had one drink yesterday at the bar and he didn't even finish it.

Bishop, I'm Team Michael all the way, and he definitely had at least two.

Edited by General Days
  • Love 8

There is no way in hell that Sonny would greet Spinelli with play-sparring and "baby-faced" whatever nicknames. Or giving him love advice. I almost broke my "no fast forwarding" rule.

Y'all know I'm happy to see Nik and Spencer! And I thought the actor did a really good job today. But I feel bad that you're all going to suffer for it.

Sonny and Carly both see their kids as possessions, but they react differently to situations affecting their kids. Sonny turns on them (or anyone) when they are mad at him, like Dante after Sonny shot him, and Kristina when she fake-dated Johnny, and Michael now. Carly tends to get frantically desperate to fix things and that's when she starts coming up with plaaaaanns. That's actually true of Carly when she thinks any of their relationships are in jeopardy, I think. So I really don't think Carly would support MorKi (KiGan?) seriously screwing with Michael's life. Instead she should be be scrambling to make everyone get along.

I have no problem with Michael sitting at a bar and having a drink while holding Avery. Hell, he could have two or thee and I'd be fine with it, unless he did three quick shots or chugged a couple of doubles back to back. One drink doesn't impair a person, and two drinks over an hour or so won't have much effect on someone his size. He wasn't planning to drive, or to even take of her after that- he was there just to see if Sabrina could watch her. Parents don't become teetotalers when they have a kid. So it's going to make MorKi's plan to make him seem a drunk that much more stupid.

• Love 2

The next scene is about 34 minutes. Kiki blabs about Michael might as well be living at Downton Abbey.

ANOTHER reference to another (vastly better) television show?  What is WITH that?  I don't remember the dialogue over on OLTL ever having this many pop culture references.

I need to help him. He's like a dumpster cat. I keep throwing him scraps, even though it's wrong and he keeps coming back for more. One day he'll get hit by a car, and I'll be sad,

Hey! I'm very offended for dumpster cats everywhere. Spinelli is no way shape or form as adorable as ANY cat. Now Nathan yes he is a very SPECIAL kitty but Spin, just NO!

Edited by Cattitude
  • Love 3

This show has become physically painful for me to sit through at this point.

I'm either wincing at the truly awful dialog or horrific characters, or I'm cringing at the pacing and plots which are piles of shat that Ron feels he can pat himself on the back for despite the fact that five year olds could do a better and far more believable job.

STFU Maxie. Please. Just stop everything you're doing and STFU. This insipid crap with her and Plywood is nauseating. 

Ron should just put Ric and Carly together for awhile. It's not my first choice but I'd rather see this than Carly with Sonny and having to listen to Ric scheme to get stalker nurse back.

Liz talked to Cam and said it was, she called Nik and said so. He had a douchey look and said in douche mode tone that Cameron started the fire. The previews have Spencer demanding Cameron's arrest.

WTF Cams what 7 or 8? Geeze.

• Love 1

Cam told Liz that when he grabbed his swag bag (not a euphimism!!), something fell over, but he didn't look back to see what it was, then he heard on the news that something had fallen into a candle and started the fire and therefore thought it was his fault.  Liz absolved him, said it was an accident then called Nik to give him the heads up.  Nik told Sam which was overheard by Spencer.  

If drinking soda is wrong, then I don't wanna be right. I don't even drink that much soda, I just want my options. You know, like abortion and birth control or gun ownership.

Spencer looked like a bratty Mega Man today.

I love soda. But I'm not complaining about someone else having a better body than me, which Spinelli was :)

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3