Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Speaking of cops, why did they recast Sloane with a 'name'? The character hasn't done anything that some random (and cheaper) dayplayer couldn't have done.

On another totally unrelated note, LW is so damn good at playing Carly as desperate and/or delusional. I can see a through-line from Sarah's version to her's in that mode; it's when Carly is in 'hee hee I'm a super special princess with a glittery hoo-ha and my ish don't stink' mode that Carly's history is totally lost because that attitude is totally unearned.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 6

Speaking of cops, why did they recast Sloane with a 'name'? The character hasn't done anything that some random (and cheaper) dayplayer couldn't have done.

Because "names" these days don't cost that much themselves these days probably, and the dayplayer guy, imo, was friggin awful. Plus they were hinting at something with Anna imo so they will probably sleep together or something.

What the fuck just happened? I mean, what did I just watch? Another DID story? And another baby story? And Liz being thirsty as a dick in a desert? Is this 2012? Y'all are punking me, quit playing!

I bout busted a gut laughing at TG's screaming. I was wondering what's wrong in my life that I keep watching this dumb shit. 

• Love 6

Is there nothing Ron C. won't retcon?  Is there not one idea he won't use over and over and over again?  The man is both disturbed and boring. 

GH is in desperate need of new writers, and by new writers I mean anyone not named Guza, Pratt, McTavish, Wolfe, or any of the other hacks that have turned this once great show into a giant pile of WTFuckery.

• Love 6

Well...today happened.

I guess a positive would be there was no Sonny stuttering or Carly snarling. 

I want someone to take a cattle prod and zap Tony continuously. He is so unbelievably terrible right now.

Ron is determined to rehash so many of Guza's "big" storylines. If he has Ned claim to be the father of another mobster's baby to "save them" I just...

Ron? You're not as good as Guza, alright? You're just not. And that pains me to say because I believed for the longest time there could be no one worse than Guza but you have stolen his crown of worst ever and you also have a robe and scepter which I hope one day gets rammed where the sun doesn't shine for all the bullshit you pull on a regular basis.

I just...I can't believe Ron has the balls to do another DID story.

Oh I wouldn't call it him having the "balls" but the "lack of any imagination or talent as a half competent writer".

He is incapable, imho, of coming up with anything good or original on this show. He's either rewriting history horribly or he's falling back on what he's done before because he can't come up with a single thing better.

Ron is a hack. A very lazy ass, arrogant, overly confident hack.

• Love 6

I mean, if you didn't watch OLTL, it doesn't really feel very redundant to be honest. Yes, there was Kate/Connie, but she was such a nothing waste of space character who I didn't give a shit about, at least not with that actress.

That said, Tony Geary is friggin horrible, and I have no doubt the soap press are already thinking up bullshit tweets about how amazaballs he was. I wish just one of them would gather the guts to call him out on his awful acting. Unless they actually think it is good, then all I can say is I strenuously disagree.

I did like Tracy/Lulu/Bobbie talking about it at Kelly's. And I think Jackie Zeman did a decent job today.

I'm mostly over Helena, but I cracked up at her world-weary, "You really do need better security."

Jason, surgery, zzzzz.

Nikolas: HE WAS TALKING TO A DEAD BODY?? Okay, Tyler, I know you want everyone to know you're in the scene, calm down bucko.

Olivia?!? Sonny is shit protecting his family too! And yet she is always babbling about how Dante and Sonny should cuddle. shut up! Although to be honest I don't blame her for not wanting Julian to know. The waves of douchitude were just rolling off shirtless Julian today. She's still dumb though.

• Love 6

Jason, surgery, zzzzz.

Not only is it "zzzzz" because we seen this 13 times before, but Patrick looks like HE needs a brain transplant. And all so the character can sleep with and fall "in love" with Sam. You know, for the drama. Not because the writers actually want those two characters together.

It's also amazing to me how protected Sam has been. Like, damn. 2007 Sam would look at 2015 Sam all, "Started from the bottom now we here."

• Love 1

I mean, if you didn't watch OLTL, it doesn't really feel very redundant to be honest. Yes, there was Kate/Connie, but she was such a nothing waste of space character who I didn't give a shit about, at least not with that actress.

Connie has been dead, what, two years? I think that's still a bit early to recycle what was a major plot point in her story. And the show didn't really deal with it before she died, so this go-round will undoubtably be even stupider and more enraging.

• Love 1

And isn't it a little dumb for Tracy and Lulu to be all, "Two personalities in one body, how can this be?!?!" when they had a front row seat to Connie's antics.

Ron trying to graft what, for better or worse, was a defining part of OLTL onto GH just rings all wrong for me.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7

Connie has been dead, what, two years? I think that's still a bit early to recycle what was a major plot point in her story. And the show didn't really deal with it before she died, so this go-round will undoubtably be even stupider and more enraging.

Yes, but like I said, she was such a nothing character that I don't care, to be honest. I mean I totally get how others would though, obviously. I care a bit about Luke's history. The bigger problem I have with it is no Laura around, or Lucky.

And isn't it a little dumb for Tracy and Lulu to be all, "Two personalities in one body, how can this be?!?!" when they had a front row seat to Connie's antics.

That can't be disputed. But they still haven't figured out that AJ means Ava Jerome.

It's not that I think it's genius masterstroke or anything. But I don't know what else they could have done that would have been better. Except of course to have made sense and to have kept it consistent.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4

I mean, if you didn't watch OLTL, it doesn't really feel very redundant to be honest.

I think when they already did the same terrible story with Kate/Connie it does. I mean, no, I didn't like her, just as you say, but they focused on her and her wacky shenanigans for a year. I am amazed he is doing it yet again.

• Love 2

My understanding is that DID is brought on by a traumatic experience: Just what the hell could be so traumatic to a man who: Rape a woman then fell in love with her, saved the world from freezing to death, thought said woman died, "died" himself, came back found new woman in love with best friend, ran for mayor, found first woman a live and left town with her, spent years on the run from mob killers with her and their young son, came back to town and faced down said killers, helped best friends daughter deal with HIV, found out his wife had a secret child with another man, spent years battling one of the great evil people of the world, divorced first great love, found out said love may have murdered her step father, dealt with fake death of son......oh forget it....it goes on and on .if none of this could break Luke Spencer we are suppose to believe he now has DID?

Edited by Fylaki
  • Love 5

I thought Tony Geary did a decent job at showing Luke's fear and confusion when he was talking to Bobbie. And then he started chewing the scenery so bad that I thought the set would crumble around him. My daughter and I were both laughing when he was screaming (more like screeching). I don't think that's what he was going for.

• Love 6

I thought Tony Geary did a decent job at showing Luke's fear and confusion when he was talking to Bobbie. And then he started chewing the scenery so bad that I thought the set would crumble around him. My daughter and I were both laughing when he was screaming (more like screeching). I don't think that's what he was going for.

Yes, Luke's start today seemed to be following the more measured tone of yesterday's scenes with Jake and Tracy.  But then the scenery chewing started and not much was left to celebrate by the end of the episode.  Why, Tony, why?

• Love 2

Billy must be taking lessons from Maurice because in his scenes with Sam, when he was "remembering", Jake couldn't string a whole word together to save his life, maybe literally.

All that stuttering and mumbling as if he couldn't just tell the medical team to hold the fuck up for a second.

And then tomorrow in the operating room apparently Liz, yet again, gets to play the part of "Jason Whisperer".

I know this is just the beginning and already it's godawful but just realizing how much worse it's sure to get...it doesn't seem possible.

And Robin will be lucky to get a shout out before Summer break at this rate.

Ron trying to graft what, for better or worse, was a defining part of another soap onto GH just rings all wrong for me.

I feel like that's what he's been doing since he basically got hired.

He isn't writing for GH. What he writes is not GH to me, it has the sets and characters from the past and that's about it.

I don't even think he's trying to hide it as much as he did in the beginning for a while. How he claimed to "love" GH and have grown up with it and all the "amazing" history he would get to honour, blah blah bullshit.

Edited by OnceSane
removed OLTL talk
  • Love 6

My understanding is that DID is brought on by a traumatic experience: Just what the hell could be so traumatic to a man who: Rape a woman then fell in love with her, saved the world from freezing to death, thought said woman died, "died" himself, came back found new woman in love with best friend, ran for mayor, found first woman a live and left town with her, spent years on the run from mob killers with her and their young son, came back to town and faced down said killers, helped best friends daughter deal with HIV, found out his wife had a secret child with another man, spent years battling one of the great evil people of the world, divorced first great love, found out said love may have murdered her step father, dealt with fake death of son......oh forget it....it goes on and on .if none of this could break Luke Spencer we are suppose to believe he now has DID?

I'm sure what Ron's going for is that Luke has had DID since whatever happened with him and Pat Spencer in his childhood home, meaning he'll have had it all along.

I think he's just gotten lazy.

Edited by OnceSane
removed OLTL talk
  • Love 7
Yeah...what about the basement conversations, the scenes at Miscavige, and all the rest?  Are we supposed to just forget any of this happened?

We're supposed to believe that Luke disappeared, putting his master plan in jeopardy by making people worried and suspicious, to go to his family home basement and talk to himself.  Ummm, okay.

And we're supposed to believe that he dug up Bill Eckert, put him in his own Miscaivage outfit, and strapped him to a chair for sh*ts and giggles.

The stupid in this storyline hurts so, so much.

• Love 9

I'm sure what Ron's going for is that Luke has had DID since whatever happened with him and Pat Spencer in his childhood home, meaning he'll have had it all along.

And then we have to figure out which Luke did what? F*ck that! I know it was camp and silly and the 80's but Luke Spencer saved the world, and yes I know Ron is not the first person to disrespect that (Guza was IMO) but damn.

The only way this story would have worked for me is if a guard had come into Luke's cell and slipped him a phone

Guard: "Call for you"

Luke (sneers) "Robert?, Yes, they trust me. No I do not like this, my daughter looks at me with fear and I am never going to be able to explain this to Tracy" PAUSES "Yes I know, you and Frisco and I began this years ago. Yes, no I still like Sonny but I understand he was a chess piece , Helena has been hiding something for a long time now and finally I am close enough to the center of her little Legion of Doom to find out what and destroy that Cassadine witch once and for all."

Cut Away to Windermere

Helena: Nicholas there is some one you must finally meet.

Turns and heads down to the catacombs. A stocky man steps into the light

Helena Nicholas it is time for you to meet your grandfather. Mikos, this is your grandson

I could live with this. DID is cheap and easy

Edited by Fylaki
  • Love 10

And we're supposed to believe that he dug up Bill Eckert, put him in his own Miscaivage outfit, and strapped him to a chair for sh*ts and giggles.

I guess we're supposed to think the alter ("Fluke") was trying to protect itself, pinning the blame on Bill so its alter status wouldn't be known...or something.

• Love 2

I've only seen the last 10 minutes or so of today's episode, didn't see yesterday's but all I can say is why?

Even Mr TVeye called it as DID a long time ago, he said 'isn't this the same thing that other soap opera did?' and he only sees the end of GH when he gets home from work.

Yep ReRunRon, you really pulled one over on us./sarcasm font where are you?

Edited by OnceSane
removed OLTL talk
  • Love 1

I agree that he is lazy but I also think there's something else to it all, that he also seems to have such a high opinion of himself it's unhealthy and this pettiness which drives him so much of the time.

That's why I think he continues to refuse to even think about writing the SERIAL KILLER off, finally, and how he even now plans to keep Kiki hanging around even though the actress who she was created for has jumped ship (finally!), and lord knows she is the most useless female on the show, imho, aside from Sabrina or Rosalie, two more useless females he refuses to be rid of either.

It's like he gets it in his head that he is always right, regardless, and anyone who disagrees or thinks differently is wrong and stupid.

He's a preschooler. Or better yet he is Spencer, a real life man child.

Why, Tony, why?

Should have stayed in Denmark.

Edited by OnceSane
removed OLTL talk
  • Love 7

The move to GH dropped the scales from my eyes because I realized it was the same limited bag of tricks. And why should he strive to do anything different if the soap press is just going to lap it up?

Edited by OnceSane
removed OLTL talk
  • Love 4

We're supposed to believe that Luke disappeared, putting his master plan in jeopardy by making people worried and suspicious, to go to his family home basement and talk to himself.  Ummm, okay.

The stupid in this storyline hurts so, so much.

Well, those parts I can live with honestly since my explanation for that is "he's crazy". Like he actually thought Bill was Luke or whatever. And his master plan was shit.

That said I recognize that a) that's the fail-safe excuse for a lazy writer. I just mean, what bugs me more is the stuff that came before, like all the stuff in miscavige. What, was he keeping Bill's corpse in a cell in miscavige? And why stuff like calling Lulu "Lesley" and forgetting Dante's name if he was actually Luke the whole time?* Even if his alter is just evil Luke he would know that stuff.

*I know, I know, it was because Ron probably 99% planned for it to be Bill at first.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6

Jackie Zeman killed it today. And then TG ate it with the scenery.

So, which way are we going with this? Nik and Liz keep quiet, just Nik does because Liz didn't understand what Jake said, or the town grows a brain or two? I'll give you three guesses and the first two don't count. I figure the truth about Jakeson will come out during May sweeps…2016.

• Love 9

Jackie Zeman killed it today. And then TG ate it with the scenery.

So, which way are we going with this? Nik and Liz keep quiet, just Nik does because Liz didn't understand what Jake said, or the town grows a brain or two? I'll give you three guesses and the first two don't count. I figure the truth about Jakeson will come out during May sweeps…2016.

Sorry about that empty post. I'm having trouble with quoting. I wanted to say how funny I thought the statement about Jackie Zeman and Tony Geary is!

edited to say that the post didn't end up empty after all!

Edited by pianogirl73
  • Love 1

I guess some Grecian terrorist has implanted a microchip in my brain because I really liked this episode. I thought Jackie & Tony were excellent, and Constance, Jane, Tyler, Emme, and Billy were all really good too.

I dont know, maybe the bar has been set so low that any day without kreepy kiddie Krap, Corinthii, and/or Freaks is automatically a great day for me.

Really excited that Anna is back tomorrow!

• Love 3
That said I recognize that a) that's the fail-safe excuse for a lazy writer. I just mean, what bugs me more is the stuff that came before, like all the stuff in miscavige. What, was he keeping Bill's corpse in a cell in miscavige? And why stuff like calling Lulu "Lesley" and forgetting Dante's name if he was actually Luke the whole time?* If he was just evil Luke he would know that stuff.

You mean like when Fluke said he wanted to go to the Outback and when people told him that he had owned his own blues club, he said, in a surprised manner, "I did?"

So tell me, has Ron been beating the "this IS how I planned it all along" drum on twitter?  Geary will totally sell him out on that one day down the road, if he doesn't leave for Amsterdam for good before he gives his final goodbyes.

• Love 3

So I've been watching this week through a fever-y haze, but did I really, yesterday, hear Carly say to Michael that he knows how good it was for him to grow up with Sonny's love?  Really, Cujo?  Yes, because who else could have loved him enough to get him shot, in a coma for a year, thrown into jail and raped, etc?  

Jackie and Tony were really good together today.  Tony went off on a scenery chewing binge when left alone, but the two of them really brought out the best in each other.  

• Love 11
You mean like when Fluke said he wanted to go to the Outback and when people told him that he had owned his own blues club, he said, in a surprised manner, "I did?"

Yup, precisely.

• Love 2

TG worked so hard at chewing the scenery today, I actually thought that he was going to start gnawing on the cell bars.

That day guy playing the guard was pretty hyped up as well it seemed. He was really going to make his whole fifteen seconds count and then some.

If Tony's knees weren't so brittle I'd imagine he would have dropped to the floor and ripped open his shirt if he wasn't so feeble.

Can terrorLuke be next in line for a LSD injection? Or twelve...

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 2

Those old Eckert clues drive me apeshit! The Outback! Come on. Ron threw a fit because we figured it out, blamed Tony's break, and now he's gonna claim this was always the plan.

Now watch: They will insert scenes clumsily dealing with aaaaallll of this to try to convince us they had us all fooled all along. It's a Pavlovian response.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 7

So Luke is going to have DID, how very predictable for RC. Didn't we already go through this with Konnie.

Why was Julian shirtless in the hospital. 

Elizabeth's boobs look really big lately. Must be the tight shirts they put her in. 

I was wondering what's wrong in my life that I keep watching this dumb shit. 

Yea really. We're the real losers tbh.

Olivia?!? Sonny is shit protecting his family too! And yet she is always babbling about how Dante and Sonny should cuddle. shut up! Although to be honest I don't blame her for not wanting Julian to know. The waves of douchitude were just rolling off shirtless Julian today. She's still dumb though.

If instead of whining about Julian being a mobster she was like, "I really don't want my kid to be an arrogant douche who never wears a shirt," then maybe I could get behind her. As it is though it's just so tedious. You love Sonny, bitch, so shut the fuck up.

TG was doing so good with JZ and then he started screaming. Sigh. Almost, TG, almost. Also, I don't know why, but I am actually surprised that they're doing DID. I mean I really didn't think they'd be so lazy as to go there again. LOL at myself.

I am SO over Jakeson. Can we just move the fuck on already. Although, BM looked kinda good today, until he was shirtless. Not a fan of that.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

I guess some Grecian terrorist has implanted a microchip in my brain because I really liked this episode. I thought Jackie & Tony were excellent, and Constance, Jane, Tyler, Emme, and Billy were all really good too.

I dont know, maybe the bar has been set so low that any day without kreepy kiddie Krap, Corinthii, and/or Freaks is automatically a great day for me.

Really excited that Anna is back tomorrow!

Yeah, I agree. And I'm glad to see Anna too. I hope Abraham Sloane turns it down a notch for her.

Honestly I can believe that Ron planned it all along as DID and threw in Bill stuff as a red herring, even if it messed up the story and made no sense. I tend to believe it was actually Bill at first, but I can definitely believe that Ron would mess up a story on purpose just for the shock value.

Why was Julian shirtless in the hospital. 

I guarantee you that was 99% probably deVry's own idea.

If instead of whining about Julian being a mobster she was like, "I really don't want my kid to be an arrogant douche who never wears a shirt," then maybe I could get behind her. 

" . . . and when he does wear a shirt it is a turtleneck and then he reads some of his poetry."

In other words yes I agree with you. And I would have liked a line in there about how she didn't wear protection cause she thought for sure her eggs were no good anymore or something. Because listening to her complain about being pregnant with Julian's baby, it's like, maybe you should used protection Olivia?

• Love 3

Johnny's goons and a blackboard.

If Johnny gets to explain what his goons saw like Lulu explained the Tracy/Luke/Skye/$50,000 storyline at the PCPD, I would be down.

Ron appeasing himself. Why do we never get topless Sam?

IDK, but I think we should get it.

• Love 2
I would have liked a line in there about how she didn't wear protection cause she thought for sure her eggs were no good anymore or something. Because listening to her complain about being pregnant with Julian's baby, it's like, maybe you should used protection Olivia?

No one talks about protection anymore. I don't need to hear it every time, but it's not like STIs and HIV are eradicated.