Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Wait, wait, so Luke and Bill look exactly alike?

I'm confused . . . Hopefully Ron will explain it on Twitter!

My affiliate isn't showing today until 1135 so I guess I have to stay up late to watch this cluster. I swear, watching before I go to bed is probably going to give indigestion.

• Love 3

I'm scared it will be Bill and Luke were twins- Omg!

Shocker! You mean, two lookalike cousins are twins? Shut up!

Great, now I have the Patty Duke Show theme song going through my head ("Because they're cousins... identical cousins!").

I guess that would be preferable to Fluke being Patricia with gender reassignment surgery, though...

• Love 5

After the guard told Sonny happy new year, I really wanted him to follow it up with a shiv into Sonny's gut. 

I loved Julian kind of needling Olivia with what they did in bed. I also like that he didn't let Olivia off the hook. She has no high horse here. Neither do Ned and Alexis. Gah. This whole thing is gross.

The subtext was not so sub.

Hello, anvils. Good lord.

Sonny said "I have another daughter" with the enthusiasm of limp broccoli.

At least Lauren had the sense to apologize to Ava about that. But it's not as if Morgan would have been a grand prize winner in that department. 

Why am I supposed to feel sorry for Morgan getting kicked out of the brownstone? It's not as if he has no other options.

I also can't feel sorry for Ava having to leave her baby behind while she goes to prison for killing Connie. You sleep with Sonny, more likely than not you'll get pregnant. I did like that Ava took full responsibility for her actions. Sonny will never do that.

Someone needs to remind KA how to properly hold a baby.

Nathan isn't the only one who should be sore. 

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5

I'm no prude, but Maxie and Nathan were kinda icky today.  Maybe icky isn't the right word, but it did seem like Nathan was trying a little too hard.  I didn't need to know that he needed recharging before the next round for example.  Something a little more classy between these two was what I thought would happen, but they both acted like wanton teenagers instead.

• Love 2

Dude, Sonny totally threatened Ava in front of the guards.

Like, they're in prison- prison!- and Sonny is like "Shut up guard! She's my baby mama!" Guard asks do you wanna tap dat?! Ava is all "we have a daughter! I named her Avery! She's beautiful! " Sonny: " you named the baby? Oh I'm going to kill you." Guards: staring at......the wall?

Sonny is a terrible father. And human being.

• Love 4

Wasn't there some throw away stuff many, many years ago that they DID have another sister, re: Luke and Bobbie? In fact, wasn't it during the first appearances of Bill? Or am I just remembering the mentions of their mother, who was the sister to Bill and Jenny's dad?

Perhaps Luke and Bill are not twins, but triplets, and the third child was a girl, the other sister.

Although what she has to do with Sonny and Tracy is still a mystery.  I get a headache with this stuff now. Just ready for it to be over, already.

I can only say again with emphasis, if they make Fluke a woman....yeah, I think I'll be done. There's being innovative, and then there's being shocking for the sake of shock, then there's flat out insulting.

Such a thing to me would be in the third category.I wouldn't hesitate to never watch again if that's where they are going.

• Love 1
Wasn't there some throw away stuff many, many years ago that they DID have another sister, re: Luke and Bobbie?

Indeed they do have another sister, "Pat", aka Patricia. She was only ever spoken about a few times, but never seen or developed past that point.

Sonny is a terrible father. And human being.

Sonny the Truly Terrible he is.

• Love 1

I watch Investigation Discovery all the time, and I've seen quite a few cases of people convicted of first degree murder that got LESS than 30 years.

I think the age of the person, their CONVICTED criminal history, etc are taken into account. IDK. I actually remember one particular case where the perp got off with less than 10 years, although that one might have been manslaughter, don't remember now.

TY to those who mentioned Pat. What was Luke and Bobbie's mother's name, anyone remember?

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 1

Sonny showed more interest in the baby's name than he's shown in Kristina's existence in years... of course it was really all about Sonny and his wanting more say in his latest extension... but still. Sonny reacted more to Morgan mentioning Rocco than when Morgan actually mentioned That Other Girl.

• Love 2

All I have to say about Fluke and his anvils is Kill Bill. I didn't care when it began and that was far too long ago.

Ned looked mighty fine with his New Year's stubble. I kind of like him with 0livia.

Why show? Why give Sonny another girl child to possess and ignore? If anyone on soaps needs a vasectomy, it is Sonny.

• Love 2

I watch Investigation Discovery all the time, and I've seen quite a few cases of people convicted of first degree murder that got LESS than 30 years.

I think the age of the person, their CONVICTED criminal history, etc are taken into account. IDK. I actually remember one particular case where the perp got off with less than 10 years, although that one might have been manslaughter, don't remember now.

TY to those who mentioned Pat. What was Luke and Bobbie's mother's name, anyone remember?

Isn't it because Sonny pleaded guilty? I think that's what happens when you plead guilty, but I'm not sure.

• Love 1

I'm scared it will be Bill and Luke were twins- Omg!

Shocker! You mean, two lookalike cousins are twins? Shut up!

Still, they're cousins,

Identical cousins and you'll find,

They laugh alike, they walk alike,

At times they even talk alike —

You can lose your mind,

When cousins are two of a kind.

"Pat" could always be transsexual.

Or maybe it'd be Pat from Saturday Night Live.

• Love 6

Isn't it because Sonny pleaded guilty? I think that's what happens when you plead guilty, but I'm not sure.

Generally yeah, if you plea you get a lighter sentence. Saving the expense of a trial, etc. So that's a factor, too.

Ugh, the guards oogling over Ava was so disgusting. That made me feel uncomfortable. Are they advertising the fact that they probably sexually assault female prisoners? Charming. 

• Love 4

Ugh, the guards oogling over Ava was so disgusting. That made me feel uncomfortable. Are they advertising the fact that they probably sexually assault female prisoners? Charming.

Many Corrections Officers are class acts (especially Mrs Fylaki) but there is a under-element of guards who do ogle inmates female visitors in order to make the inmate uncomfortable during the visit, so I guess the same would apply in this type of situation

SVU has done episodes on the topic. It does happen... But Ron even slightly going there made me uncomfortable. Not as uneasy as the prison rape talk by Sonny/Franco, even though technically in line, it's Ron at the helm and the second any kind of harassment/assault allusion makes me nervous... Because. Its. Ron.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 4

Many Corrections Officers are class acts (especially Mrs Fylaki) but there is a under-element of guards who do ogle inmates female visitors in order to make the inmate uncomfortable during the visit, so I guess the same would apply in this type of situation

Oh I get that but they could have done the scene without the smarmy lines from the guards. Then again, maybe the budget is expanding and they can pay for more U5's! 

*barf*

Ron will never let an opportunity to mention rape go by. 

His attitude toward women scares me. Seriously.

It's sickening, it truly is.

It's as if he takes the time to carefully craft  and construct as many scenes and scenarios as he possibly can which would demean and insult women. From having them behave like catty, immature, brainless, insecure adolescents to then having them treated like pieces of prime rib by a man who stops just short of licking his lips.

That Ron seems incapable of seeing such behaviour and treatment as vile is incredibly disturbing to me.

Her name was Lena. And the other motherly figure in Luke and Bobbie's lives was Ruby, their aunt.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 6

Eh, I've been waiting on Fluke to rape Kiki or someone else for months. Not the "questionable" sexual assault of Tracy-because while she thinks she's consenting to Luke, she's at least consenting. No, I mean balls to the wall disco rape stuff.

I kind of figure Fluke, whoever he is, is so far gone by now that he thinks that's one step he has to complete to totally steal Luke's life.

I definitely got "rapist" vibes from all his previous ogling.

This show has become completely tactless and tasteless. I'm halfway rooting now for Fluke to be the dead sister. Cause that one last push is all I need. And even though I do enjoy watching quite a lot of the actors do their thing-it ain't enough.

At this point, if they resurrected every viable dead Q and brought others back to town and gave them ALL strong SL's, it still wouldn't be enough to bring me back if they make Fluke "Patricia".

With that said, TG would eat up such a story. And from a acting potential standpoint, I can't really blame him.

But that would mean that not only did Tracy not only know he wasn't her husband, she also didn't know.....YOU KNOW.

And I can't with that. Tracy Q didn't fall off no turnip truck. Not today, not yesterday, not ever.

Ah yes, LENA. Thank  you. I had forgotten, which is understandable since she hasn't been mentioned probably since the Eckert years.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 2

I'm actually worried that the sheer amount of Bill Eckert anvils today means Ron got cranky too many people guessed and is going to swerve.  "You think it's Bill, but it's really...Will, Bill's never-ever-mentioned twin!".

I've always thought this was a possibility and today's ep made it even more likely IMO.

For some reason, I liked this episode. I mean, some of it was pretty awful, but I liked it. IDEK anymore.

• Love 1

I fell asleep in the middle of the show today.  No lie.  Okay, I am hopped up on cold meds, but still.  It was THAT boring.

I feel like Ron got all pissy with all the criticism that not one PC citizen mentioned Bill Eckert since this whole Fluke shit started, and he just threw it into a script.   And my god, JZ scares the crap out of me. 

And I really want to like RP.  The man is smoking hot.  But I could NOT enjoy his love scenes, because it was just so damn awkward.  And the pan to his butt....yeah.  I just found the whole thing silly and awkward.

• Love 2
Ah yes, LENA. Thank  you. I had forgotten, which is understandable since she hasn't been mentioned probably since the Eckert years.

My pleasure. And I can't recall when I last heard her mentioned, certainly by name. The Spencer clan have just been condensed down and down over the years, it's a real shame imo.

Touching again on Ron's propensity to put in so many sexual assault and rape themed throw away lines into the show, I didn't care for the way Ned accused Julian of potentially drugging and taking advantage of Olivia and victimizing her.

I like Ned, well mostly, and while I could understand how much he dislikes Julian, to imply that the guy basically got Olivia drunk or drugged to get her into bed just seemed very uncalled for and inappropriate to me. That isn't the kind of accusation you just throw to the wind so carelessly.

It just cheapens it to me, but then again "cheap" appears to be Ron's middle name.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 5

I've already read the spumor that Fluke is a woman. This isn't Passions, and I wouldn't want it to be. Just....no.

OMG--Geary in drag.  Like I don't hate him enough already!

his fluke thing is beyond tedious--time to end it once and for all and send Mr. Geary on  another of his well deserved vacations.

• Love 3
I like Ned, well mostly, and while I could understand how much he dislikes Julian, to imply that the guy basically got Olivia drunk or drugged to get her into bed just seemed very uncalled for and inappropriate to me. That isn't the kind of accusation you just throw to the wind so carelessly.

I didn't like that, either, but Ron sort of redeemed the situation by having Olivia firmly shut it down. 

I didn't like that, either, but Ron sort of redeemed the situation by having Olivia firmly shut it down. 

I was glad to see that as well, it was one of the few moments where I felt that she was allowed to act like a grown woman who should be able to tell anyone, Ned included, to mind their own business when it comes to hers.

There were just so many skeevy moments in today show.

From Ryan basically being paraded around like he was auditioning for the "Magic Mike", or is it 'Milo', sequel to all sorts of sexual assault innuendos being dropped at will in half the other scenes. What fun...

• Love 1

Hello, Julian's Briefs!  I have missed you.  

Not much else to comment on.  I still hate Sonny, Sonny still hates girl children, the whole Luke situation continues to be an indecipherable mess, whatever.  I really need that baby to be Morgan's though, and I need it to happen soon.  

Edited by Turtle
  • Love 5

feel like Ron got all pissy with all the criticism that not one PC citizen mentioned Bill Eckert since this whole Fluke shit started, and he just threw it into a script.   And my god, JZ scares the crap out of me.

Yeah all the Bill Eckert mentions definitely felt like RC having a hissy fit. I still think Fluke is Bill though.

Oddly enough, I thought JZ looked better today than she has in ages.

A Lucas sighting for tomorrow! (Who?) Brad better pop up at some point, preferably in bed with him...at least Julian is being open and honest with Lucas about being back in the business. I like that he's trying to be honest with his kids, even if they're disappointed in his choice.

Hey, Lucas (who?)!  

I'm shocked we're actually getting this scene between them.  And while I don't want Lucas to fully turn his back on Julian, I really hope he has reservations.  Lucas has never been involved with the mob life, not the way Sam was.  And he's already gotten shot once due to it.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

Hey, Lucas (who?)!  

I'm shocked we're actually getting this scene between them.  And while I don't want Lucas to fully turn his back on Julian, I really hope he has reservations.  Lucas has never been involved with the mob life, not the way Sam was.  And he's already gotten shot once due to it.

I know, when I saw him in the previews I was far more thrilled than I probably should have been, heh. There better be some Brad involved somehow someway. They aren't getting any attention while I've had to look at Ryan's backside barely clothed for a whole episode while he stiff board acts his way through his scenes...no thanks. 

But I agree, I think Lucas will try and understand but certainly he'd rather see Julian leave the lifestyle and follow the straight and narrow. I think he understands that Julian is losing a lot because of his work, it cost him Alexis, it'll keep him at the forefront of a heated mob war with a target on his back. It isn't the ideal sort of work a family man and devoted father should ever have due to all the risks and challenges.

I'm just really glad they get to have scenes together because I like the connection Ryan and William have. They feel like family but it isn't forced or faked, and though some parts of the writing have seemed rushed their acting never does to me.

I think they play their characters as still feeling through things, figuring out how they fit together as a grown man, raised by a loving family, and his biological father he didn't know was alive until barely a year ago, and then on Julian's side you have a guy who's barely had but one serious relationship in his life, at least up until Alexis, and never seemed to even think about kids let alone want any of his own and suddenly he's made a father of two within a month. There wasn't some insta-bond between them which really would have been a terrible way to play things imho.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 1

OMG--Geary in drag.  Like I don't hate him enough already!

his fluke thing is beyond tedious--time to end it once and for all and send Mr. Geary on  another of his well deserved vacations.

I've said it before. You know, you all just know, that Ron is DYING to re-enact this moment:

http://youtu.be/smTXkhM6v-Y

He's set his sights on Sam now but that doesn't mean he has to act as if Robin is on a Norwegian cruise line.

At this point, I don't care if Patrick moves on with anyone. I just wish RC would just let Robin be free living elsewhere and having Emma visit her every other weekend or something. It's just beyond ridiculous to me to keep on with this Robin is held prisoner again and somehow neither Patrick nor Anna suspect a thing! Despite knowing all who was involved with the whole mess.

In all things, RC makes the characters too stupid to live. Fluke was so obviously not Luke last year it was absolutely insulting that no one seemed to notice.

• Love 5

I'm just really glad they get to have scenes together because I like the connection Ryan and William have. They feel like family but it isn't forced or faked, and though some parts of the writing have seemed rushed their acting never does to me.

I definitely thought the writing was way rushed in the spring - with Lucas casually calling him Dad out of nowhere just to make him getting shot at the Jerome Family dinner extra dramatic - but I do like Ryan and William in scenes together.

• Love 3
In all things, RC makes the characters too stupid to live. Fluke was so obviously not Luke last year it was absolutely insulting that no one seemed to notice.

And now he's TOO conveniently like Luke, with the same vocal inflections, mannerisms, and joke delivery on quips like the one about the Patty Duke Show.  But I wouldn't expect anything else from Ron "I'll Have it Both Ways" Carlivati.

• Love 3