Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

which, UO, I think kinda sucks for Lucy, that her legacy coupling got dismantled for outside reasons)

I will never be able to get with Laura and Kevin. It’s just strange. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Bucwild said:

I know that Jason and Sonny will always win but couldn't the fight between Jason and Shiloh been less anticlimactic considering Shiloh was a trained soldier or a Black Ops with Drew in Afghanistan? No thanks to Shiloh staying long-term because  there's enough neutered enemies of Jason and Sonny on canvas as is.

Good point. It’s ridiculous how a trainer solider is thrown around so easily by Jason and Michael.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Curtis, you can't force Ryan to donate a kidney to Jordan. 

I'd kind of love it if Ava shot Ryan in the gut and damaged his kidneys. Heh.

OMG! The whole “We can’t kill Ryan because he has to donate a kidney to Jordan” was driving me up a wall. Since when can the police force a suspect—even a serial killer like Ryan— to give up one of his organs?

Why didn’t the writers just have Kim and Drew donate Oscar’s organs after he died?

• Love 6
14 hours ago, bannana said:

And for what?  What exactly will they have against Shiloh?  He tattooed her with her permission.  She drank what she knew was a drugged tea.  🤦‍♀️

Exactly. Shiloh should have tattooed his father’s name on Sam to remind her of her con artist ways. But we’re suppose to forgive Sam for conning dozens of rich men out of their money because she just  HAD to do it to help Danny  No. 1. 😏

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, Bucwild said:

I know that Jason and Sonny will always win but couldn't the fight between Jason and Shiloh been less anticlimactic considering Shiloh was a trained soldier or a Black Ops with Drew in Afghanistan? No thanks to Shiloh staying long-term because  there's enough neutered enemies of Jason and Sonny on canvas as is.

I don't think he was. He was just some type of contractor.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I think they're okay but I don't get this huge passion. When Laura was all "he's doing this because he wants me to die the same way he was reputed to die and devastate Kevin!" I was like mmm he'd be fine.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I'm not invested in Laura and Kevin, but Lucy is showing complete disrespect for Kevin and his choices. She considers herself to be one of Kevin's dearest friends after their divorce, and a woman whom he could still love again if the marriage to Laura was over. This is not how a friend behaves. Her ego got hurt upon learning he and his wife worked with Felicia and Mac and Ava on a plan to draw Ryan out of hiding. This is after Kevin already told her their was no hope of them getting back together. So she is now starting to understand she's no longer a major VIP (like Mac) in Kevin's life whom he would trust with an important secret, and she's mad that Laura doesn't feel compelled to tell her everything because Kevin is Laura's husband (not Lucy's), so Lucy in return throws out a snide remark about their marriage. 

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I think they're okay but I don't get this huge passion.

I'm of a similar sentiment.  They're fine together, and their initial love story was nice.  But some of their more passionate fans act like they've been a core couple on the show for ages when it's been, what two years max?  With Laura away for a big chunk?

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Her ego got hurt upon learning he and his wife worked with Felicia and Mac and Ava on a plan to draw Ryan out of hiding. 

I stand by it being ridiculous that Lucy wasn't clued in, even if just to take extra precautions herself  In a story true to the actual narrative of the show's history, if Ryan had wanted to hurt Kevin, he absolutely could have targeted Lucy.  It's not like it was a secret just between Kevin and Ava.  If other people, like Curtis, knew, then why couldn't Lucy?

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

If other people, like Curtis, knew, then why couldn't Lucy?

Curtis didn't know. When he and Laura were having dinner in Canada, he said "it's like they're setting themselves up to be targets" and Laura got this look on her face but didn't confirm that was exactly what was going on. 

Mac and Felicia knew (although Mac didn't want to go along with it). Lulu, Girl Reporter, was told so she could help her mom and stepfather and of course continue to advance her "career."

Oh I thought Curtis knew, wasn't that he was wrapped up in this whole thing, to get the kidney?  I will admit to being very in and out lately so I might have mixed that up.

But still, what would have been the harm in Mac and Felicia telling Lucy, all, "Hey, Kevin is doing this to lure Ryan out.  So chill.  And maybe pack a pepper spray in your purse."

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

He's not telling himself he's free from guilt. He is free from guilt, because he doesn't feel guilty most of the time,

I think he does feel guilty, but it's in a way that absolves him of his actions. Similar to how he's sorry Michael was sad that Sonny killed AJ, but Sonny isn't sorry he killed AJ.

11 minutes ago, ulkis said:

So is Ava gonna have a stint in Ferncliff? Otherwise how in the fuck does she not go to prison?

Chase's expression after Ava stabbed Kevin was hilarious. Just a bit overdone, heh.

I think Ava's punishment will depend on a number of factors: whether Ryan survives, what Chase decides to do at the scene, what Laura and Margaux want, and of course, ye olde plot point requirements.

• Love 4

Is Shiloh's going to get *attempted murder'd by tomorrow? Julian just swore to Brad that he'd "take care of it;" Sam has insta-PTSD; Kristina has her DoD beefs, Willow has her reasons, even Margaux may be seeing the light....

In other words, I think Sonny's goon du jour is going to find a mess when he returns in the morning.

*Someone said the actor was recently taping scenes, so it won't stick. 

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

So is Ava gonna have a stint in Ferncliff? Otherwise how in the fuck does she not go to prison?

Use the plea of “diminished capacity.” Ryan killed her daughter and almost killed her when he threw her over a bridge. If Ava were a real person, I don’t think there is a jury in the world who would send her to prison given everything Ryan put her thru.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
9 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

I think she also hates Ava because most of the town hates Ava. Because you know, she's an evil Jerome who killed Morgan. Except that she didn't.

That and Lucy was responsible for Ava Jerome's father, Victor's death. He choked on the locket he was going to give Lucy. Quite the scene. Don't think Lucy & Ava have much love for each other...mutual hate I guess. Plus it doesn't help that Ava was "with Lucy's Doc".

Edited by RedRockRosie
words
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Can it really be rape if she volunteers?

The storyline is dumb and the writers are tone deaf, but comments like these make me roll my eyes. She said no and tried to push him away. That should be enough for him to get his libido under control.

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Can it really be rape if she volunteers?

What Sam did to Shiloh is entrapment, but he still would have guilty of rape if he had actually raped her. 

I’m just stunned the writers wanted us to feel sorry for Sam today when she set in motion the events that happened today. 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, YaddaYadda said:

The storyline is dumb and the writers are tone deaf, but comments like these make me roll my eyes. She said no and tried to push him away. That should be enough for him to get his libido under control.

Thing is, this isn't just about his libido. It's about domination & control. But then that pretty much defines rape, doesn't it?

Yes, this is an awful storyline 😡

• Love 3
(edited)

Burton cannot do stunts.  He's so horrible at them yet they give that clumsy fool these types of scenes.

Then you have Monaco who can't even cry well anymore mumbling and slurring every single line. She's been SO bad.  

How does Kelly Monaco not think after 15 years all she plays is glorified prostitute?  She must be proud. 

Edited by Hater
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I haven't seen today's epi yet, so I was just going by what was said.  I guess if she said no, then she was no longer volunteering.

Although, I can hardly feel sorry for someone who purposely puts herself in that situation knowing full well what is going to happen.  Obviously Shiloh is in the wrong, but Sam's a moron.  Jason could just kill him. That is his job after all.

• Love 2
Just now, RedRockRosie said:

Thing is, this isn't just about his libido. It's about domination & control. But then that pretty much defines rape, doesn't it?

Yes, this is an awful storyline 😡

I agree. And he doesn't know that she is onto him, so his actions are exactly what he did to Willow and what he was going to do to Kristina. He raped one, was going to rape the other.

If Sam set herself up to be raped, then so did every woman who is part of the trust, because they put themselves willingly in a situation where they knew they would be vulnerable after taking the tea, because they were eager to please him.

The storyline is gross.

• Love 7
(edited)

This storyline was insulting on so many levels. This is not something that I could just shrug off and say "oh it's fiction" and "oh this is the show that made a super couple out of rape."

Hendrickson really needs to leave.  I'm not a fan of her but they completely wasted a veteran actress on Margaux.  What a terrible character....getting yelled at by Saint Sonny today.

This show hates women.  I am convinced of it.

I give MW shit but she shows up in her scenes, whether her acting is your taste or not....

The Ava and Ryan scenes were good.  The loathsome foursome need to have episodes reduced by 75%.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 9
17 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Sam set herself up to be raped, then so did every woman who is part of the trust,

Disagree on this one. Sam put herself in this situation with her eyes wide open. A woman who had a sexual assault history in her past, as well. What she was doing was dangerous, she knew the consequences, and for her to applaud herself, or be declared a hero by Jason or anyone else is idiotic, IMO. The one thing Jason said right was that he didn’t think it was worth it in the end. Because it wasn’t. Sam should be admonished for her stupidity.

Shiloh is horrific and diabolical and should be in prison, at the LEAST. All that goes without saying. Although this is GH. He’ll be singing at the Nurses Ball next year with Lulu in his arms.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
23 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I agree. And he doesn't know that she is onto him, so his actions are exactly what he did to Willow and what he was going to do to Kristina. He raped one, was going to rape the other.

If Sam set herself up to be raped, then so did every woman who is part of the trust, because they put themselves willingly in a situation where they knew they would be vulnerable after taking the tea, because they were eager to please him.

The storyline is gross.

The other women didn't know the tea was drugged. Sam did.

2 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Although this is GH. He’ll be singing at the Nurses Ball next year with Lulu in his arms.

Nah, she'll get seranaded by Valentin. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Sam set the whole thing up.  She knew every detail of the ceremony.  Willingly got a tattoo for fuck sake! 

If Sam was a strong woman she would have had Shiloh by the balls once he presented the tea to her.  But she insisted that "she would do anything" which included being raped if need be to take down Shiloh.

Sam is trash and always will be.  

The same can be said about Ava but 

1.) Ava owns being an asshole.

2.) She's played by a competent actress.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 8

Sam was the one who thought up the Carly-esque-because-it-was-so-dumb plaaaaaan and now she's upset because...it worked in that what they thought Shiloh would do, he tried to?  God, her and Jason are the two stupidest people on the show.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

You know what was weird and they should not go back to it? Laura Collins.

• Love 2
(edited)

It annoys me that Sam has Scout and is allowed to even visit when she's such a horrible, neglectful mother.

She really should give Drew and Monica custody.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, Hater said:

It annoys me that Sam has Scout and is allowed to even visit when she's such a horrible, neglectful mother.

She really should give Drew and Monica custody.

I honestly forget Sam is a mother sometimes because she never puts her children before herself or Jason. And if the show wants that message, so be it, but don’t act like they’re good people or parents. It’s the same problem I have with Sonny and Carly being the main loving family unit on this show. 

• Love 5
(edited)
5 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I honestly forget Sam is a mother sometimes because she never puts her children before herself or Jason. And if the show wants that message, so be it, but don’t act like they’re good people or parents. It’s the same problem I have with Sonny and Carly being the main loving family unit on this show. 

That's why I hate them so much. They act like they are better than everyone else, stick their nose down on everyone and are the most trashiest low lives on this show.

Sam just thought it was cute to get branded, touched, and nearly raped by a sexual assaulter because she thinks she's a hero.  

FV has turned the show over to Maurice in my opinion.  Ron tried to write Sonny "badly" and he got fired for it.  MB outside of Carson (which I don't believe he even hates much) gets what he wants..... Yet the show has collapsed to epic low ratings...with these four aging losers at the helm.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Family . . . fiiiiiiiiiiirssssssssssssssssssssssssst!

• LOL 5
2 minutes ago, Hater said:

Sam just thought it was cute to get branded, touched, and nearly raped by a sexual assaulter because she thinks she's a hero

I hate Jason but Jason in-character would have never in a million years agreed to this plan.

• Love 4
(edited)
3 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

In other news, Carly's still pregnant with that baby, right?  W-H-Y.

It's really insane. if it's to replace Morgaan, then why did they fuckin' kill his ass off iin the first place? And unless they plan to super SORAS him it'll be useless as a Morgan replacement. And also, why, since they barely cared about him in comparison to Michael.

Carly should give birth to a shark. (You know, because of the jumping.)

Edited by ulkis
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Sam has two children and she puts herself at risk.....FOR SONNY and Jason helps her.   I really want Drew to confront Sam about this.  "Do you really think so little about your children that you put Sonny above them.  I know it is over between us, but unlike Jason, I always put you and our family first.  With Jason, you will always come in behind Sonny, Carly, Michael and Sonny's business.  If this is the life you choose so be it.  I can't save Danny but I'll be damned if my daughter will be raised in this dysfunction.  I am taking her with me and you can see her anytime at Monica's."

• Love 12
(edited)
4 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I hate Jason but Jason in-character would have never in a million years agreed to this plan.

Well I agree the writing is bad..

He's not going to suddenly reevaluate his life and make a change.

So "meh"  Jason and Sam are awful.  Every story has been done to death with them.

FV or someone BTS does not like them and I don't see why anyone would either.  The pairing is abusive.  The actors are chemistry free and they're just boring. What else is there to do that hasn't been done?

Move them on already.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 3
(edited)
2 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

It’s literally the same story. Over and over.

Idk why the show insists this has to be it.  Do they not see how terrible these scenes are? So what's the deal they will stick them together no matter what. Give them awful writing but keep them together....

I've heard the rumor they are "mandated"  How can that actually be true?  The show cares so much they mandate Carson and JaSam together, yet can't be bothered to ensure that a story is written for them that makes sense? That isn't insulting? That isn't degrading?

I do not understand this.  It's like the audience has to suffer through this for some unknown reason. Every other soap has couples switching up, GH keeps these stale pairings together for a lifetime.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Carly should give birth to a shark. (You know, because of the jumping.)

They'll have to up the ante for this delivery, given she's already gotten shot in the head during delivery and had to give birth in a cabin with the aid of the OG actress.  What could top that?  Giving birth in space?

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

They'll have to up the ante for this delivery, given she's already gotten shot in the head during delivery and had to give birth in a cabin with the aid of the OG actress.  What could top that?  Giving birth in space?

Twins. 😭

To me this is not a matter of whether or not to "feel sorry" for Sam.  Sam is a character, she isn't real.  Who I feel sorry for is the rest of us.  Actual women being subjected to this misogynistic shit.  Whoever came up with this story line should go.

Positives for me yesterday and today:  Scotty ending up with Ryan's hand, Kevin hanging from the rafters, and Ava stabbing Ryan in the back.  Come on that is some soapy goodness!

Please get rid of this Shiloh character.  I am not interested in discussing whether or not he is a good actor.  I don't care.  The character is repulsive and I can no longer stand watching him.  I had to ff all of Monaco's scenes this week.  And I am not a Sam or KM hater!  Never have been.  And don't even get  me started on Burton.  Tho, him, I never liked. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Happywatcher said:

Is Lynn Herring okay health wise? Lucy Coe Jones was just on and it is the first time the actress looked 60 (I know she is in real life but she never looks it)

She looked and seems just fine to me IRL. I think it's the makeup that makes actresses on this show in particular look older than they are. They do it to Maura too.

50 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

In other news, Carly's still pregnant with that baby, right?  W-H-Y.

Because it's twins!

28 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Twins. 😭

You beat me to it!

I really did enjoy Thursday's show, with the exception being the lame ass Sonny and Jason overpowering the so-called guards. The rest was really good. Maura and Jon were exceptional, and KM as Willow is improving day by day. She's started out really green, and I'm proud of her. Good drama and Felicia's line and expressions were a highlight.

Friday though, not good at all. It's all been said about the Sam/Shiloh/Jason debacle. They just never should have been involved. I hate Margaux for making me take Sonny's side because I'm side eyeing her on how she could be so stupid.

All these police agencies and it's Lucy who comes to the rescue. Too bad she's becoming intolerable for me. Hope springs eternal? Seriously? Shut up, Lucy. And I don't even have a great passion for Laura and Kevin. I think they're the equivalent of dry cereal. But she should have kept quiet. I really liked Lucy and Scott together, as much as I kind of like him with Ava. But he's too good for her.

I think I was expecting the knife throw due to Twitter. So not the great surprise I was expecting. Still nice to see. Go Ava.

• Love 2

Ava never goes to jail for anything.  Community service?

Sonny advising Margeaux was disgusting.  I hoped she was smart enough to be there to bust DoD, but no, Oh Wise Sonny has to show her the light.

17 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Ava never goes to jail for anything.  Community service?

I would so root for this. I think her picking up trash at the PC park or serving food at a homeless shelter would be hysterical.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2