Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I might be relieved for KG if she's leaving. Not that she's out of a job, of course, but that she's not being continually humiliated on this fakakta show.

Dr. O is a shell of the fierce hat-wearing, last minute of the episode-cliffhanging, Brad off the parapet-throwing, Anna-hating villainess I once knew.  It's time.

• Love 11

Surely it must make some dent in the thick skulls of family court that Valentin has been arrested twice in the last six months, and charged with many, many crimes in the past year. And that every time he has gotten out on baseless technicalities.

• Love 5

Dr. O should have remained a fierce hat wearing, obsessed with Faison and annoyed at Britt villain that caused mischief and mayhem and then disappeared until the next time!  

I don't mind Spencer, because at least he is tied to the show and not one of FV's not needed pets (see Nina, Franco, Finn, HateChel, etc).

Maybe we're seeing too much Sonny, because MB is taking a huge break and the show wants to get in all of his air time?  Regardless, Sonny has become such a vile and stupid character.

Valentine is such a big fat wuss and why is Nina STILL on this show?!

I don't buy Elizabeth and HateChel new sisterly bond.

I guess Cam and Aiden are not participating at Lila's camp this year.

• Love 3
(edited)
29 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Previews...Spencer's only been missing five minutes, but Laura's already given up on the cops and gone to Sonny for help?!?!?

I hate this fucking show.

Indeed. Why not at least call Felicia or some other P.I.? And I bet you the person Dante is calling is him too. Yes, because what's needed in a delicate situation is always a person with a hair-trigger temper.

I'm surprised that they didn't write in a Tracy letter of congratulations to Finn.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Linny said:

Alexis has been looking super skinny lately.

I saw FB pics of NLG on vacation and I would KILL for that woman's body! She was in a bikini and looked fabulous!

• Love 1

The lack of Carson in this episode made it the best this week.

In the magazines I know, the medical column is one of the most read. Who doesn't want to know what's going to give you more wrinkles? Nina sucks as a magazine editor.

1 hour ago, Linny said:

Hayden and Finn are laughing it up and loving life, unaware that there's a German iceberg lurking and ready to sink their happy ship. I'd feel sorry for them if I cared even an iota about them.

If Obrecht does something, it might actually make Hayden and Finn interesting for a change. Right now dead airspace is more interesting. 

Kathleen Gatti is so much better an actor than most of the people on this show, I'm rooting for her.  They wasted the soapy goodness.

• Love 4

I mean right from the start, Obrecht's first action was to help imprison Robin. (Right? Or Duke?) So I don't really see how they could have taken her out of that corner.

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I mean right from the start, Obrecht's first action was to help imprison Robin. (Right? Or Duke?)

I mean, both lol.  I think the reveal that she had Robin was first.  She didn't even have a name yet, but we saw her talking to Faison-as-Duke.

• Love 1

LOL at the party for Finn. So many friends and colleagues attended.

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

In the magazines I know, the medical column is one of the most read. Who doesn't want to know what's going to give you more wrinkles? Nina sucks as a magazine editor.

Dr. O wanted to write a "serious scholarly report on the latest cutting-edge results in medical research." Nina was right to suggest medical journals might be a better fit. And she did offer to call around and try to find something for Dr. O.

"Pinch me?" "Can't I just slap you for old times' sake?" Hee. The sister stuff, as everyone has mentioned, is so anvilicious.

Everything Valentin told Charlotte about Spencer was true, but Laura decides it confirms that Valentin took Spencer. Ugh.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

At least we were spared Brad being there, having to kiss Dr. Smug's ring and not get the apology he deserves.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

At least we were spared Brad being there, having to kiss Dr. Smug's ring and not get the apology he deserves.

Yes, of course, the apology he richly deserved, after Brad whining about being "cheated" out of a share, when he did ALL the work and donated ALL the money to save the hospital and assist the needs of undeveloped third-world countries in need, as such an altruistic....

Oh, you mean Finn apologizing to Brad..... yeah, right, Sonny losing and pigs flying....

• Love 3

Hey, everyone they could afford to pay for was at Finn's party.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Dr. O wanted to write a "serious scholarly report on the latest cutting-edge results in medical research." Nina was right to suggest medical journals might be a better fit. And she did offer to call around and try to find something for Dr. O.

Unless she's doing a meta-analysis (a one-shot at best), it's not appropriate for medical journals.  And not only do medical journals do not pay for articles, there are ones where you have to pay them to publish your work.  Dr. O needs money to live on.

That was a nice bit of acting by Gatti, going to tear up the cheque and then realizing she's going to need the money.  You don't see the wheels in Sonny's head turning like that.

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

That was a nice bit of acting by Gatti, going to tear up the cheque and then realizing she's going to need the money.  You don't see the wheels in Sonny's head turning like that.

I also actually felt sorry for her when she realized the party wasn't for her. She was delusional to think it would be, but Dr. O has always been unable to read a room.

• Love 13

I *need* to see one of these two scenarios:

A) As Sonny and Carly leave after pestering Michael at his job. the "Q" from an ELQ sign falls off the building and knocks them over, causing real injury    OR

B) As Sonny and Carly are pestering Michael when he's in the Q crypt "talking" to AJ or Alan, AJ's stone falls and knocks one of them out ( a la  Tracy).

Monica either witnesses or hears about this, and walks away with tears of laughter rolling down her face - because it's exactly what they deserve.

• Love 16
10 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:
10 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Dr. O needs money to live on.

As a former international criminal, shouldn't she have slush funds hidden in offshore bank accounts?  C'mon, Liesl.

10 hours ago, ulkis said:

Yeah. I was like "come on Obrecht just become a mob doctor."

10 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Dr. O should put on a kicky wig or a fierce hat, that'll get the evil creative juices flowing

All of this. But wasn't one of her hidden passions singing and dancing? Good-bye Evil Dr. O, Hello Award-Winning Broadway Star Liesl Obrecht!

Oh, come on, ABCDisney. At least have her send her Evil Resume to Gru for a Despicable me 3 tie-in.

• Love 6
(edited)
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Will we get an ep today, or will it be pre-empted for the OJ parole hearing, do you think? That starts at 1 p.m. ET.

At 2:35 DST, ABC returned to GH, in progress. Should the parole board make a decision before 3:00, I believe the show will be interrupted again. 

ETA: And it was.

Personally, even though the interruption of GH isn't bothering me very much,  OJ's parole hearing is one of the poorest reasons I've ever seen for the interruption of a show. But all the networks did it. The mileage of others may vary . . . Whatever . . . 

Edited by rur
  • Love 5

For those of you that didn't catch it, today was an exercise in how utterly PATHETIC the show runners are at forcing S&C, but really Sonny, into a storyline that 100% does not warrant his involvement. It was EMBARRASSING watching Laura tell Sonny she "didn't know where else to go" regarding Spencer's kidnapping. She didn't go to Alexis or even a dimwit like Sam, she didn't go to Mac/Flea or say ANNA DEVANE for help.

Nope, she went to Sonny and weepily asked him to use his connections. Carly gushed over how amazing Sonny is and how he'd go to the ends of the world to find Spencer, even ask the Five Families. Sonny bragged in his big boy voice about letting everyone out 'there' know if they were involved Sonny would DO SOMETHING to retaliate.

Then Joss showed up crying, blaming herself for Spencer going missing.  Remember how we all knew that there would be a point where Joss would do an about face and immediately, jarringly be on Sonny's side again?

That was TODAY.  Sonny offers to give Carly/Joss privacy and Joss inexplicably asks him to stay, stares hopefully at him and says "and you'll find him?" in that hero worship voice we all know in the Conrinthii children.  Through it all Carly gushes and simpers and stares admiringly at her noble knight on his crusade to find the little Shithead.

It was BANANAS.

• Love 15
28 minutes ago, rur said:

At 2:35 DST, ABC returned to GH, in progress. Should the parole board make a decision before 3:00, I believe the show will be interrupted again. 

ETA: And it was.

Personally, even though the interruption of GH isn't bothering me very much,  OJ's parole hearing is one of the poorest reasons I've ever seen for the interruption of a show. But all the networks did it. The mileage of others may vary . . . Whatever . . . 

Days was on my affiliate at 12 central.

7 minutes ago, Vella said:

Then Joss showed up crying, blaming herself for Spencer going missing.  Remember how we all knew that there would be a point where Joss would do an about face and immediately, jarringly be on Sonny's side again?

That was TODAY.  Sonny offers to give Carly/Joss privacy and Joss inexplicably asks him to stay, stares hopefully at him and says "and you'll find him?" in that hero worship voice we all know in the Conrinthii children.  Through it all Carly gushes and simpers and stares admiringly at her noble knight on his crusade to find the little Shithead.

It was BANANAS.

What happens when Joss finds out it's one of Sonny's enemies that kidnapped Spencer?  Oh, screw it, she'll probably still be grateful because Morgan.*

*The new 'because Helena.'

• Love 6
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Vella said:

For those of you that didn't catch it, today was an exercise in how utterly PATHETIC the show runners are at forcing S&C, but really Sonny, into a storyline that 100% does not warrant his involvement. It was EMBARRASSING watching Laura tell Sonny she "didn't know where else to go" regarding Spencer's kidnapping. She didn't go to Alexis or even a dimwit like Sam, she didn't go to Mac/Flea or say ANNA DEVANE for help.

Nope, she went to Sonny and weepily asked him to use his connections. Carly gushed over how amazing Sonny is and how he'd go to the ends of the world to find Spencer, even ask the Five Families. Sonny bragged in his big boy voice about letting everyone out 'there' know if they were involved Sonny would DO SOMETHING to retaliate.

It was BANANAS.

Ewww.

I also read on Twitter that, after finally getting something to do last week, Lucy lamely popped up in realtor mode to show fuckin' Dr. Michael Easton his new house.  Poor Lynn Herring.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

LOL at Finn comparing himself to Jonas Salk or Albert Sabin. Talk about delusions of grandeur.

3 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Lucy popped up in realtor mode to show fuckin' Dr. Michael Easton his new house.  Poor Lynn Herring.

Yep. She also got to sneer at Dr. O.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I also read on Twitter that, after finally getting something to do last week, Lucy popped up in realtor mode to show fuckin' Dr. Michael Easton his new house. 

Yes. Lucy is suddenly a realtor now and showed Hayden/Finn a house to buy.  He was excited, she wasn't because it was a nice home and reminded her of the one she grew up in and the kind of person she was back then. He said some nice things and then they got hot'n'bothered and had sex in an empty house. When Lucy came back, she was not immediately grossed out when she realized what they'd been up to.

Also, Obrecht is still pissed and is digging into Hayden's past when she was Rachel Berlin. She found an ex-fiance and called him up.

• Love 1
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Vella said:

Yes. Lucy is suddenly a realtor now and showed Hayden/Finn a house to buy.

Also, Obrecht is still pissed and is digging into Hayden's past when she was Rachel Berlin. She found an ex-fiance and called him up.

Lucy's been a realtor for a while, but it is suuuch a lame use of the character, especially after the little sliver of her/Scotty/Serena last week.  "Hi, I'm a longtime character reduced to this, let me show you two nobodies your new set!"  UGH!

Doesn't Rebecca Budig have an ex-husband?  Or was that part of her cover story when she was trying to hide her true identity?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

"It's ironic that as soon as I decide to get out of the badness, somebody I love needs me back in." Oh, Lucky Gold. I see what you did.

1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

Doesn't Rebecca Budig have an ex-husband?  Or was that part of her cover story when she was trying to hide her true identity?

Didn't she pay some guy to pretend to be her ex?

• Love 1
Just now, dubbel zout said:

Didn't she pay some guy to pretend to be her ex?

There was the guy she and Ric hired to be the pre-plastic surgery "Jake" when she first came to town.  And then, right before she married Nikolas, she paid off some guy who I think was an old friend?  But I feel like I remember a lot of whining about a shitty ex-husband and that's why she was broke and agreed to Ric's scheme.

• Love 1

I can believe that she made up the 'ex-husband who left me with all the bills/huge debt' story for Ric's benefit when they first met and that she's never actually been married as Hayden Barnes before Nikolas.  Needing money fits with her backstory of dramatically changing her life and her name and having to start over.

So Obrecht digging into Rachel Berlin's life could produce a potentially jilted ex-fiance.  I can't believe a storyline actually makes sense.

Oh gross, now I'm worried this is heading in a direction where Dr. Michael Easton - the years-long drug addict, mind - gets his John McBain on and derides her for whatever awful sin she's committed.  Blech.

• Love 1
(edited)

LOL that Joss needs permission to get into Sonny's house. Way to make her feel welcome!

Nice police work, Dante, letting the kidnap victim's grandmother watch and listen to you question an eye witness. It's bad enough Dante is Spencer's uncle.

Didn't Nik or Ric have someone look into Hayden's past? Yet only Liesl can find the real dirt? Not that I'm surprised. Maybe that can be her new career.

I cannot believe the big summer story is all about SPENCER. This isn't what I meant when I said I was okay with him being around only in the summer, Show.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4
(edited)

"I promise you we'll find Spencer," Sonny tells Joss in the most uninterested voice possible. 

2 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Did Carly actually try to comfort Josslyn by telling her that it wasn't her responsibility to watch Spencer? Joss is a junior counselor, watching the campers is literally HER JOB.

There was that counselor who told Spencer to get to the play, and he said he wanted to think before talking to the director. She's the one who was the last to see him, not Joss.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1

For those who didn't get today's episode because of OJ, here's my (long winded) recap for the DC website

Laura heads over to Casa CarSon and lets Sonny know that Spencer is missing and that she beleives Valentin is responsible.  Laura wants Sonny to use his connections to help find Spencer.  Sonny makes a call and promises Laura that he'll do whatever it takes to bring Spencer home.  

At the station, Valentin insists he didn't kidnap Spencer but goes through the day's events, from offering Spencer the ring, to Spencer upsetting Charlotte.    Valentin continues to plead his innocence but Dante puts him in the interogation room for safe keeping.  

Hayden gets angry when she finds Liesl hasn't left the building yet.  Liesl claims she was only getting her things and accuses Hayden of ruining her life.  Later, Liesl continues to try and find dirt on Hayden online.  She finds an old wedding announcement about Rachel Berlin and calls the former fiance.  

Nina gets in to see Valentin and demands the truth.  He swears he didn't kidnap or hurt Spencer.  Then he natters on about how Nina made him a better person and if she looks deep into his eyes she'll see the truth.  So of course, Nina decides to believe him.  

Lucy shows Finn and Hayden a house.  At first Hayden's not a fan, since it reminds her of houses past and who she used to be.  But after doing the nasty in the middle of this strange house, Fayden decide to take the house.  I thought Nelle and Michael were boring but these two are right up there.  Also, Hayden's about eleventy months pregnant now, shouldn't she be showing, even a tiny bit.

Sonny finds it ironic that at the moment he's deciding to get out of the business, someone needs him back in to help.  Yep, that's irony for ya, or really bad writing.    Joss shows up, upset because she was responsible for the campers and yet managed to lose Spencer.  

Sonny promises Joss that he'll do everything he can to find Spencer.  Joss gets all wooby eyes and happy that Sonny is going to help.  Whoever had money on Joss forgiving Sonny within 3 weeks are getting their payday.  

A witness comes in, saying she saw Spencer get taken.  Dante shows her a photo array and she picks out Valentin's.    Mrs. Goodwin then admits that her vision isn't great and that she's seen Valentin on the news before.  Dante realizes she's not the most reliable witness, though Laura continues to insist Valentin is guilty.  

Valentin tells Dante to charge him or release him.  Nina swears for Valentin's innocence.  Dante wonders about his alibi.  Valentin says he was at the courthouse waiting for the custody order. 

Nathan returns saying Valentin wasn't in chambers with his laywer and the judge.  Valentin swears he was waiting outside and that cameras will show it.  Nathan says there is some time unacounted for where he could have grabbed Spencer. 

Dante has Valentin sent down to the holding cells.  

• Love 4
(edited)

The Simpson hearing was supposed to start at 1 PM eastern time but must have been running late. It was a big waste of time to preempt, the show, especially on Friday..

But then the bits we did get to see were rage-inducing, IMO, with everyone racing to Sonny for help. In a heartbeat Sonny was back planning meetings with the other mob families to try to negotiate or threaten them on Spencer's behalf. Joss was in tears, turning to Sonny after reviling and rebuking him all these weeks.

Wasn't Sonny shot the last time he convened a meeting of the five mob families?

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Perkie said:

She finds an old wedding announcement about [Rebecca Budig] and calls the former fiance.

Given the scandal surrounding her dad and the dragging she got from people thinking she was in on it, wouldn't any secret she had be public knowledge?  If this guy was going to talk, wouldn't he have sold his story to a tabloid or something by now?

Whatever, I shouldn't poke the rewrite exit bear, I suppose.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
(edited)

That close-up on Valentin and Nina was not sexy. imo.

Even if, well not if, we know, Valentin is innocent, are we supposed to think "mean Laura/cops"? Valentin is a perfectly reasonable person to suspect.

Doesn't Luke have a ton of the same shady contacts Sonny has? 

Oh, and it was really weird how in the house Finn and Hayden were showed, the glass window was was turned inwards, not outwards. I guess it was to save space but it looked bizarre.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4
(edited)
15 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Even if, well not if, we know, Valentin is innocent, are we supposed to think "mean Laura/cops"? Valentin is a perfectly reasonable person to suspect.

It is reasonable to suspect Valentin. But if we take his protestations of innocence with a grain of salt, we should take Laura's insistence he's guilty with that same grain. They're flip sides of the same coin.

15 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Oh, and it was really weird how in the house Finn and Hayden were showed, the glass window was was turned inwards, not outwards. I guess it was to save space but it looked bizarre.

It was weird enough I wondered if the show was using a green screen for the background. The whole thing was strange.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It is reasonable to suspect Valentin. But if we take his protestations of innocence with a grain of salt, we should take Laura's insistence he's guilty with that same grain. They're flip sides of the same coin.

I think the show is doing that though. Both Dante and Carly told Laura it might not be Valentin.

47 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Also, Hayden's about eleventy months pregnant now, shouldn't she be showing, even a tiny bit.

Is she? When did they find out? Like two months ago, no?

• Love 1