Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Looks like we're getting Nelle vs. Lauren, and I'm Team Lauren here.

Yep.

I'm loving Valentin giving no fucks about Lulu and Dante hating him. He shouldn't care what they think of him. I'm also loving his cat-that-ate-the-canary smile. James Patrick Stuart has resting smug face, and it works here.

This. Whatever, I love Valentin.

2 hours ago, ulkis said:

I want Molly and Valentin to take a shine to each other.

I'm super into this idea.

54 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

This comment reminded me that I do not miss Nikolas.

I know right!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 7

I thought Daphne was the surrogate for thermos baby and now it's Claudette?  Charlotte is a cute kid, so why not just leave Valentine as the father with BSC Claudette?  Lulu's spent the last three years with baby rabies and Lante are still boring, AF.

• Love 1

It's really annoying that Sonny is universally (in PC) acclaimed as a good father, despite his business, yet anyone else with similar (or less) shady dealings is the worst. See: Valentin. There's no evidence at all to point to that he's a terrible father of Charlotte, yet everyone's acting as if taking her to see Santa is tantamount to child abuse. Gah.

Also, Laura, how would Charlotte know what Valentin is up to? She's 10 years old at the most. 

• Love 7

I veto Dante and Sam. She has already slept with his dad and uncle. She also gave birth to his sister. They also share a brother. Sam has done her keeping it in the family time. Dante is going to have to find a new woman. I am okay with them being friends. That is it.

• Love 1

WTH with Lulu waltzing up to a kid she's never met and asking when her birthday is and how old she is? Who does that? Well obviously Lulu because she just knows in her heart of hearts that Charlotte is her long lost daughter. She knew it the second she heard the little girl say she wants her mommy. A mother knows these things after all! Now pardon me while my eyes roll out of my head.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

And then Johnny hooks up with Lulu so Dante can spread those wings towards Sam? Djjdhsjhdjwjs. I'm sorry, I'm getting out of hand.

Noooo. Girl, your solution for a non-boring pairing for Dante is Sam??? 

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

WTH with Lulu waltzing up to a kid she's never met and asking when her birthday is and how old she is? Who does that? Well obviously Lulu because she just knows in her heart of hearts that Charlotte is her long lost daughter. She knew it the second she heard the little girl say she wants her mommy. A mother knows these things after all! Now pardon me while my eyes roll out of my head.

Oh, for god's sake. It would serve her right if Charlotte started screaming "stranger danger!"

• Love 11

Michael has never had a love interest that made me want to root for his pairings.  Abby looked like Carly, Kiki was lame, Rosalie was a ONS that went nowhere, Sabrina looked too darned old and Nelle looks too much like Josslyn.  Michael/CD looked hot and in command when he hated CarSon and now he's just back to looking like a sulky child.

6 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Dante should have grabbed Rocco and ran for the hills.  Lulu has lost her freaking mind with her baby rabies crap.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ulkis said:

Noooo. Girl, your solution for a non-boring pairing for Dante is Sam??? 

Hee. Do you remember when Patrick was with Sam? Of course you don't, everyone who watched that fell into comas.

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Hee. Do you remember when Patrick was with Sam? Of course you don't, everyone who watched that fell into comas.

I thought they had potential if they had introduced some conflict between them in the form of Patrick's hatred for Jason.

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Oh c'mon, nobody thought it was fun/cute/stimulating to watch Sam put on glasses and call herself Nurse Sabrina Santiago at the NY clinic, or hear her and Patrick call each other adventure buddies after that? Actually, the 'adventure buddy' crap was cute compared to what Sam has going on now. At least Sam was shown doing something (in PI mode) other than calling Spinelli. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Melgaypet said:

JT quit. That's all the validation I needed to know that ship was shit.

• Love 2

The actors aren't allowed to change the dialogue without permission. I think VERY few of them get it. Maybe Roger, that's about it. And MB never ad-libs cause he hates it.

And it hates him. I remember one time when I was sure a Sonny insult of Taggert was a Mo ad lib, and it was so bad.  

If golden-boy Burton is to be believed, even he was told to stick to the script, long ago. He said at a personal appearance that there was a time when he and Becky were having virtually the same conversation every time they were on, and they were really getting bored with it. He and she asked if they could jazz it up, come up with some things of their own.  They were told absolutely not. Say what's written.  

This was at the time that Liz was shunning Jason because she believed he had attacked Lucky unprovoked, and actually Jason had been defending himself against Lucky because Helena (diamond/brainwashing/'Protect your queen"), and he was worried Lucky was dangerous to Liz, and Liz was all "You're the dangerous one!" blah blah blah.  

13 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

Oh, for god's sake. It would serve her right if Charlotte started screaming "stranger danger!"

She probably would have if nina didnt intervene. after all, no one comes between Nina and the child she's claimed as her own! Oh geez, are we going to have a cat fight over Charlotte? Shoot me now, please.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It's really annoying that Sonny is universally (in PC) acclaimed as a good father, despite his business, yet anyone else with similar (or less) shady dealings is the worst. See: Valentin. There's no evidence at all to point to that he's a terrible father of Charlotte, yet everyone's acting as if taking her to see Santa is tantamount to child abuse. Gah.

I think it has more to do with the fact that many of them were there and witnessed his violence and him terrorizing them AND the person he killed was someone they all loved.  Sonny was vilified by Michael and Carly when they thought he was responsible for Morgan's death.  Valentin also went after Spencer, and they (including Nina) know it.  So I can see why they consider Valentin a dangerous threat.  To my knowledge, Sonny has never targeted a child for kidnapping and execution (although the latter is assumption on my part).

13 hours ago, Lillybee said:

Lately, Sam is boring with everyone.

I think Jason and Sam are boring.  They have the SAME freakin dialogue every damn day, and in the case of Sam, she  has the same dialogue with him and then has the same dialogue with her mother.  Alexis is boring the hell out of me with her self-righteousness in ever scene, as if Julian held a gun to her head and demanded that she compromised her ethics and Alexis was helpless and forced to relent.  Uh . . . yeah, that never happened, but the way ALexis spins it?  She was helpless and defenseless and mean old Julian made her do everything.  Don't get me wrong, Julian is a killer and a bad guy, but Alexis blaming all her actions on him and then getting all sanctimonious about it?  Ugh!

9 hours ago, Darklazr said:

Michael has never had a love interest that made me want to root for his pairings.  

I LOVED Michael with Abby.  I thought it was by far his best pairing because the writers did a great job of taking their time with the story and Chad and Andrea had great chemistry.  Unfortunately, the writers have not written Michael a love story since.  Starr?  Please.  Kiki and the instalove connection?  Ugh.  As for Sabrina, she was just shoehorned into Michael's story because after Patrick left, they didn't know what to do with her.  Michael has not had a love story since Abby, which imo, is beyond criminal.  Meanwhile, what number is Sonny up to in sleeping with women?  It's insane how much the writers are wasting Chad and the younger set in favor of redoing the same stories (Sonny, Jason and Sam, Dante and Lulu, Alexis and Julian, etc).  

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

At least Sam was shown doing something (in PI mode) other than calling Spinelli. 

Listening to Curtis and Jason painfully try to figure out who ran over Julian isn't doing something?

Also, it cracks me up that Jason doesn't just call Spinelli directly. Has he lost the ability to use a phone? 

6 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

I think Geary had permission to ad-lib as much as he liked - and his scene partners could ad-lib back - so long as he didn't change the purpose of the scenes.

He and TR did the most ad-libbing, I think. Both sides need to be comfortable with it or it won't work. And the key is the last part: You can't change the purpose of the scenes.

• Love 3

Sonny was vilified by Michael and Carly when they thought he was responsible for Morgan's death. 

Was he though? I mean that was some lame ass 'villainization, ' if so. Joss vilified him more and that was still pretty mild in comparison to what other people get.

• Love 6

Ten bucks right now says Alexis will be more vilified when her drinking problem comes out than Sonny was at any point he was thought to be responsible for Morgan's death.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7
20 minutes ago, magnolia11 said:

At least Alexis can be thankful that she isn't fat.

I dunno...she's always wearing spanx. No other woman on the show is forced to wear it, so maybe the writers *are* trying to tell us something...

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

And being an alcoholic/having a drinking problem is, in Port Charles, worse than being a mobster, a rapist, or a SERIAL KILLER.

And being a priest is worse than all of the above. 

• Love 3

Not that I care, but who is Charlotte's father?  Why did Valentine's DNA match if it was a Stavros/Lulu embryo? 

Oh, and I want Jason arrested for vandalism, based on parking garage video surveillance.

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Not that I care, but who is Charlotte's father?  Why did Valentine's DNA match if it was a Stavros/Lulu embryo?

So far we've been told her father is Valentin. Anything else is spec on our part, though of course it's likely correct.

(Valentin and Stavros share a father [right?], so they'd have some matching DNA. That part at least isn't too dumb.)

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2
On 12/7/2016 at 9:28 AM, peachmangosteen said:

Was he though? I mean that was some lame ass 'villainization, ' if so. Joss vilified him more and that was still pretty mild in comparison to what other people get.

Yes he was.  Michael and Carly were not forgiving towards Sonny when they thought he ordered the bomb that killed Morgan.  There was no point when Michael showed up and said "Oh, it's okay."  Same with Carly.  Their feelings towards him changed when they found out that Sonny had nothing to do with what happened with Morgan and that he actually had called off the hit - finally hearing Carly.  All that being said, the writers won't allow any of these characters to really be angry with Sonny for any period of time beyond a few days/weeks.  I don't know why, but there it is.  Michael should still be cold towards him after the AJ shooting, but whatever.  At t his point, I would just be happy to see Michael have a storyline that doesn't involve either of his parents.  These writers . . . (sigh).

Edited by Bishop

(Valentin and Stavros share a father [right?], so they'd have some matching DNA. That part at least isn't too dumb.)

But they could tell whether Aiden's dad was Lucky or Nik, and they have some matching DNA. 

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, Bishop said:

At t his point, I would just be happy to see Michael have a storyline that doesn't involve either of his parents.  These writers . . . (sigh).

Yeah, even Nelle is all about Carly. 

• Love 3
23 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I would rather watch Anna and Felicia chat while getting their nails done than most of Anna's current stories.

Let GF, JZ, FH, KW, JE, LH all be in the same room and just them ad lib. NLG can come in about halfway, because I'm pretty sure she'd start talking over everyone.

lol, did they make the gender reveal of the baby a cliffhanger some more?

• Love 2

More anti-climactic wrap-up of non-drama with Jason and Sam deciding not to move.  I don't understand why the writers bother putting things like that in in the first place if they're not going to DO anything with it.

Way too much Nina today.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

Anna knows very little about Valentin and is making assumptions based on a hunch, and Andre creates an entire fan fiction to support her theory. That's what passes as good detective work on this show. And then we have Lulu who's convinced she's Charlotte's mom because she feels a connection. Griffin felt a connection to her also and we see how far that got him. I really hope Lulu isn't Charlotte's mother, because that seems too easy and predictable. I'm expecting this show to pull something really stupid out of its ass at the last moment.

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, ciarra said:

But they could tell whether Aiden's dad was Lucky or Nik, and they have some matching DNA. 

I mentioned Stavros/Valentin only because they are both Cassadines, so that part of Charlotte's parentage is correct no matter which of them is her bio dad. DNA tests in Port Charles are always inaccurate until the writers decide what they want to do; and even then, the next set of writers can undo it.

Tl; dr: Don't get too hung up on any of this. It'll change whenever someone wants it to.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Linny said:

I really hope Lulu isn't Charlotte's mother, because that seems too easy and predictable. I'm expecting this show to pull something really stupid out of its ass at the last moment.

I think for the offline audience it's a surprise for Charlotte to be Lulu's. They don't know JP/SA can't come up with anything except Ron's crappy leftover dregs.

• Love 2

KSt did a great "WTF??!" face when Lulu told Maxie: "I think Valentin has my daughter."  I am very rarely a Maxie fan. 

Take note, Sam - Jason let you wait to find out if you're having a boy or girl, when he could have let Curtis go to VM. It's not like Sonny is on death row, minutes from execution. 

Re: previews - Sooo, Tom is stalking Kiki? 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

More anti-climactic wrap-up of non-drama with Jason and Sam deciding not to move.  I don't understand why the writers bother putting things like that in in the first place if they're not going to DO anything with it.

I'm trying to understand why every JaSam scene is a letdown. They won't give them anything. They should have had a nice baby reveal scene today, but instead, it falls so flat. I need them to have a fight about something, too, before I officially FF them.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, HeatLifer said:

I'm trying to understand why every JaSam scene is a letdown. They won't give them anything. They should have had a nice baby reveal scene today, but instead, it falls so flat. I need them to have a fight about something, too, before I officially FF them.

They're trying to stretch out the filler as long as possible I guess before Sam gives birth.

• Love 4

We had InexplicablyAsian!Spencer, too, and look how he ended up. They pick babies and children who won't fuss under the lights or when they're passed around. I'll be surprised if we don't see a different Avery soon, now that the current one is so chatty. It's adorable, but it can also be distracting when the kid won't pipe down.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Shocking--especially given we know KeMo and Billy aren't going anywhere.  

7 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

Isn't Lulu a bottle blonde? I remember toddler Lulu having dark hair. So the fact that Charlotte is blonde seems to be meaningless.

No,  when they cast JMB they changed it to she was always a blonde.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

Isn't Lulu a bottle blonde? I remember toddler Lulu having dark hair. So the fact that Charlotte is blonde seems to be meaningless.

Toddler Lulu was indeed a brunette, who looked nothing like her parents or either brother. Then Lulu was SORASed into a teenager, and actress JMB appeared on-screen. I think her resemblance to a young Genie Francis was part of the reason JMB got cast.  I recall a lot of emphasis on Lulu being "like Laura" during the JMB years.  They took advantage of the blondness as well with the "Lulu is mini-Carly; Lulu and Carly are close cousins" nonsense for some time, too.