Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

28 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

For some reason GH did not record on my Comcast DVR.  Did anyone else have this problem today?

No, but I've seen other people mentioning that it happened to them previously.

What book was Kiki reading? I missed it.

3 minutes ago, rur said:

I played a new game today: I call it "Guess MB's acting tics." 

When Carly asked about the lipstick, seriously all I heard was "grunt grunt . . . Laura . . . grunt . . . "

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Melgaypet said:

Seriously? As what? The guy was a photographer, did he get a medical degree in the slammer?

Some sort of re-do work is underway on a floor (10th?) and Tom is employed via the dude with the paperwork, who said they hire ex-cons. That is seriously bad writing (yes, I know - yet again) considering that Tom was convicted of a crime against (late) Emily - whose mother is chief of staff at GH. Ugh.

I suppose it's too much to hope that Franco will spend time in jail for assaulting someone in a hospital, when it was clearly not self-defense. I just really, really don't want him spending Xmas with Liz and her kids.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 9
27 minutes ago, rur said:

Tomorrow, I plan on having a shot every time I get it right. 

Why do you want alcohol poisoning?

23 minutes ago, ulkis said:
53 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

For some reason GH did not record on my Comcast DVR.  Did anyone else have this problem today?

No, but I've seen other people mentioning that it happened to them previously.

My TWC—sorry, my Spectrum—DVR skips the show every so often. 

• Love 6

These parallels between Franco and Tom just make Franco look worse. They highlight everything that's wrong with him living in PC, being in a relationship with Liz and working at the hospital.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, dr. gailey said:

Why is Tom's job at GH a surprise. I mean Franco works there as an art therapist and the only thing he did was have Monica's grandson raped and sexually assaulted her daughter in law.

That initial hire was made by Dr. O, at least.

• Love 4

So much nope in one episode. I really can't even deal with the fact that they are forcing Liz to protect her rapist from her serial killer boyfriend.

I'm so ashamed.. but I really don't mind Nina with Valentin.

Nathan's new facial hair made me laugh. Amazing, I really hope he keeps it like that for the wedding. Are we sure he isn't Duke's son?

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Linny said:

Heaven help me, I actually like Nina and Valentin. She seems so much more normal and calm with him. They have a nice chemistry together.

36 minutes ago, lovelynn said:

Right! Today I literally said to myself as I watched them, "I hate myself for this but I really like them." I'm half happy and half annoyed that I have something I actually like again. It'll probably only take them like a month to ruin it.

I'm also actually intrigued by the Valentin/Anna connection. I'm sure it'll be stupid, boring, and horrible all at the same time though.

I loled every time Nathan was on screen. What the fuck is that on his face?!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 8
57 minutes ago, lovelynn said:

Nathan's new facial hair made me laugh. Amazing, I really hope he keeps it like that for the wedding. Are we sure he isn't Duke's son?

I like Dante's beard but for just for this I'm gonna need him to shave, because I just have a feeling RP is taking his cue from DZ, heh.

• Love 2

Eek, Lauren and I have the same edition of Anna Karenina. It's supposed to be a good translation.

"I know you're stuck here under house arrest. I can only imagine how lonely that is." OMG, this is going to give me a rage blackout. ANYONE CAN VISIT SONNY. It's not as if he's in the PCPD jail, which has very strict rules on visitors. Ahem.

1 hour ago, lovelynn said:

I don't either, and IDGAF. I wish Charlotte weren't around, though. I don't want to watch Nina try to quell her baby rabies with her. In the "whose childhood was worse?" contest between Valentin and Nina, I think Nina wins. Valentin wasn't put into a 20-year coma by a parent.

When Anna and Griffin were talking, the background music was "You Came Around," which they used as Lulu and Dante's theme song when they first got together.

10 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Liz needs to call Franco's ass out that he wants Tom to be unreformed.

Seriously. And also get two restraining orders, one for Tom, and one for Franco.

• Love 6

At this point in their lives, would Sonny REALLY be like, "oh no, Carly can never find out I had drunken sex with the baby-sitter while we were on a break?" And I don't think Carly would bat an eye. Maybe shake her head in derision, but I don't even think it would even factor into Carly's eventual decision on whether she'll get back together with Sonny or not.

• Love 7

The Liz, Franco and Tom scene in the hospital should be Liz, Laura, and Tom since Laura was there when Liz was a teenager, traumatized by rape. I want her to be the one to get in front of Liz and tell Tom, firmly and angrily in that tone GF does so well, to stay away from Liz.  (I want Laura to be Liz's source of comfort and support about this.) Liz and/or Laura should go straight to Monica and tell her that the man who raped Liz and went to prison for what he did to Emily is working in the hospital.  Emily and Lucky's history of friendship alone should warrant a scene between their mothers about this (it's not just because I think vets LC and GF should get to act together).

Yes it's gross that Franco works at the hospital, but Dr. O, then chief of staff, hired him. I feel like Monica being chief of staff right now makes the Tom hire different.  

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I feel like Monica being chief of staff right now makes the Tom hire different.  

Except that the hospital didn't hire Tom. The contractor  (or probably subcontractor) who tries to give ex-cons a break hired Tom. And except for the fact that he had to show up as a plot point for Franco, since the work is occurring on a different floor, chances are he could have worked there for the length of the project and never run into Liz. IMO Franco's the only one out of line. 

• Love 1

Ya'll don't think FV gives a royal shit whether or not Franco should be working at GH after having Michael raped and sexually assaulting Sam?  Please.  FV wants fans to love Franco and if that means trashing a 50 plus year old soap opera, so be it.

TIIC seem consumed with rape, sexual assault and drugging folks without their consent.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

And I'm not 100% on Monica's early history, but she too is a rape survivor, yes?

Yes, that's right. She was raped by her foster father. Trivia: her foster mother - who initially didn't believe her and thought Monica seduced her husband - was Gail, who later became Scotty's adoptive mother and counseled Elizabeth after her rape.

I got pre-empted today thanks to the weather (tornadoes in almost December, really?), but I hadn't watched yesterday yet so I did that. You guys covered it pretty well already. Sonny - gross, Franco, really gross (I guess Jelly thought they were doing us a favor by having Liesl say that some people still do see him that way), but all of that dialogue was disgusting.

I'm in the extreme minority in that I'm glad Hayden is here, I guess I just like Rebecca Budig. Hayden seemed more real than she's been in a while, I really thought she displayed a lot in those scenes. Like Tracy and Finn is more tolerable than he used to be, although now there really doesn't seem to be much difference between Finn and Silas. They're still essentially the same character, just exaggerated.

Julian was a lot more likeable in almost sleep mode. WdV did a good job of acting like he just came out of surgery.

Was there any more? Today sounds boring as hell, so maybe it's a good thing I missed it. More pointless NO ONE CARES stuff about Claudette, Nina gives Charlotte an American Girl doll? I used to work at American Girl. I don't need to be reminded, thanks.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Was there any more? Today sounds boring as hell, so maybe it's a good thing I missed it. More pointless NO ONE CARES stuff about Claudette, Nina gives Charlotte an American Girl doll? I used to work at American Girl. I don't need to be reminded, thanks.

This Claudette stuff is ridiculous. All summer she was the devil and all of a sudden it's "oh Claudette did everything for Charlotte!" Say what? Half the crap Claudette did didn't do anything for Charlotte whatsoever.

I don't hate Hayden, but I could do without Finn attached to her ass. I like her with Curtis and Tracy.

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I don't hate Hayden, but I could do without Finn attached to her ass. I like her with Curtis and Tracy.

Oh yes, THIS! I've always liked her more with Curtis than anyone else, and her scenes with Tracy have been great too. Ever since Tracy had that seizure in front of her, and she showed that she was genuinely concerned, I've just really liked their dynamic.

Like I said, Finn is essentially Silas. I loathed Silas, and cheered when he was killed off (I had a pretty good run of getting rid of the male S names -Shawn, Silas, Spencer, sadly Sonny was not to be), and it still bothers me that just because Frank ran into Michael Easton in the grocery store that we're still stuck with him.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

The Liz, Franco and Tom scene in the hospital should be Liz, Laura, and Tom since Laura was there when Liz was a teenager, traumatized by rape. I want her to be the one to get in front of Liz and tell Tom, firmly and angrily in that tone GF does so well, to stay away from Liz.  (I want Laura to be Liz's source of comfort and support about this.) Liz and/or Laura should go straight to Monica and tell her that the man who raped Liz and went to prison for what he did to Emily is working in the hospital.  Emily and Lucky's history of friendship alone should warrant a scene between their mothers about this (it's not just because I think vets LC and GF should get to act together).

Yes it's gross that Franco works at the hospital, but Dr. O, then chief of staff, hired him. I feel like Monica being chief of staff right now makes the Tom hire different.  

Bobbie would also be acceptable.  She and Liz were really close after Liz's rape. Also add in the fact that Laura was in and out of PC for years. And it is nuts that Tom is doing any work at GH. The Qs run the hospital. Tom was imprisoned for crimes against Emily Q. Why in the world would he ever be allowed to work there? Even by an outside contractor. As soon as Monica or Tracy would hear about it, he would not be welcome on the premises. 

This whole story is pure crap. It is stupid. And dumb. In what universe is this considered entertainment?  The serial killer(who also allowed for a teen boy to be raped in prison and allowed Sam to believe that she was raped by him) is getting to judge a rapist? Franco has yet to tackle his controlling ways either. Who thinks that behavior is sweet? 

I hate that Liz is stuck as the outsider in a story that should be about her. Not Fucking Franco's pain!

The Maxie/Tree stuff was stupid. 

Couldn't care less about Nina/Valentin. Why the fuck is Nina even interested?  It would be one thing if she had a plan with Nathan to help take down Valentin,  but nope. Just Nina's kiddie fever. Same goes for Valentin. He needs a plan for this shit with Nina to make sense. Going after Nina's trust fund? Sure. I'll buy it. She can't give him heirs. Charlotte should also have the same issue as Spencer. Claudette and Valentin have never mentioned being married.

Why not involve Laura and Liz? Concluding Jake's missing years and trying to get justice for Nik! Add in Alexis! Get her away from the stupidity of all things Julian and her CourtneyStyle insta alcoholism! 

• Love 5

There's no way in hell Kiki is reading an 800 page novel. I'd be surprised if she could even read beyond a 3rd grade level. 

Mercy is supposed to be the bad hospital but GH is the one hiring rapists, serial killers, stalker nurses, terrorist doctors, doctors who turn out to be crazy, and doctors who turn out to be mob hitmen, not to mention the numerous people who have been murdered there over the years. 

Are Jelly so stupid that they don't realize if they force the audience to choose between Freako and Tom a good bit of them are going to choose Tom? At least Tom served his time in prison, is trying to mind his own business, and seems to show some remorse. This story only highlights how much of a deranged piece of shit Freako is.

I wonder how many Lifetime movies could be made about Liez.

Nina and Valentin were alright, minus Charlotte making an appearance and Claud's name being mentioned, and Valentin continuing to whine about the childhood he spent being kept safe from the Cassadines. 

What the hell are CL and/or the writers doing? Once again she Nelly starts crying and appears ashamed of what she's doing and then immediately reverts back to her scheming face. Is she bipolar? Does she have DID?

The Maxie/Tree scenes were pointless. 

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Are Jelly so stupid that they don't realize if they force the audience to choose between Freako and Tom a good bit of them are going to choose Tom? At least Tom served his time in prison, is trying to mind his own business, and seems to show some remorse. This story only highlights how much of a deranged piece of shit Freako is.

It says a lot about how dumb this story is that in a story about an rapist and convicted felon, Franco is coming off worse. Tumor and his reformed!-ness notwithstanding. Sam was 100% correct when she said Franco's apology to her was only made to make himself look better in Elizabeth's eyes, because he has learned nothing from it. If he wants to protect Elizabeth from Tom or and not cause Elizabeth pain, then stalking Tom and beating him up (in and out of hospital grounds!) isn't the way to do it. Tom hadn't even interacted with Liz when Franco beat him up the first time!

• Love 9

Sonny is a man of the world. He looks so stupid to be practically pleading with Nelle not to tell on their night together. He must realize that he couldn't have participated in sex when he was out cold. Furthermore, Carly knows that it was she who left Sonny and was sleeping elsewhere of her own choice then. Why would it be a catastrophe if she found out that Sonny  had turned to someone else out of hurt pride and grief over Morgan? It's not like their relationship was so strong at that time; they weren't even together. They were more or less separated.

I want for Bobbie to discover Nelle's perfect little scheme and somehow disable it. For example, Bobbie could get hold of Nelle's phone with the recorded conversation and destroy it or blackmail Nelle into revealing her purpose for scheming. Nelle seems too conflicted to be a real villain.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

There's no way in hell Kiki is reading an 800 page novel. I'd be surprised if she could even read beyond a 3rd grade level.

That was my first thought LeftPhalange, however, Kiki was reading it BEFORE she met Morgan.  After she met and started hanging around Morgan she lost dozens of IQ points.  Now that Morgan is "gone" her brain is beginning to restore itself. 

• Love 8
On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 8:25 PM, DanaMB said:

... Julian? He's obviously going to blackmail Alexis into taking care of him. 

Well, it's so he won't be a blameless victim, like Roofied and Drunk Sonny.

Other than Liz being snitty that she's only caring  for Julian in an official capacity, and Molly wishing whoever did this should have finished the job, he's being pooh-pooh'd that "gee, I wanted him dead, but I didn't want him DEAD!" There should be a line going out Julian's room with people holding pillows to smother him.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

I'm irked that Anna is still in Port Charles, skulking around and flirting with Valentin over obscure Latin phrases as if the two were Natasha and Boris in the Rocky and Bullwinkle show.

Although I'd hate to see Griffin go because he is good eye candy, I'd love it if Valentin's comment to Anna about opening her eyes was because Duke's son, whom she has all but adopted and moved into her house, is really a big bad and is no relation to Duke at all. 

2 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

I see Show did the "Fourth Doctor/Tom Baker" joke. If Jelly is going to pick its dialogue from here, we either should be paid, or at least get the GOOD storylines picked up.

Cracked me up that Dr. Obrecht was the one who recognized him as the  great actor. Because the show has always had her saying/doing random things, I think there's a lot of plot that could be mined based on her backstory. I know some folks  see her as a villain who's gotten away with too much, but I love her. 

Edited by rur
appalled by what was grammatically wrong before
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Franco, really gross (I guess Jelly thought they were doing us a favor by having Liesl say that some people still do see him that way),

They keep thinking that by lampshading how gross Franco is, it's okay to keep making him gross. That's not how it works. That's not how any of this works.

10 hours ago, LexieLily said:

If he wants to protect Elizabeth from Tom or and not cause Elizabeth pain, then stalking Tom and beating him up (in and out of hospital grounds!) isn't the way to do it.

It seems as if Tom doesn't want to be in Elizabeth's orbit anymore than she wants him there, so Franco getting territorial is extra stupid. And he's not listening to Elizabeth when she tells him to stop. It's insane that we're supposed to find any of this sick story romantic and appealing.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 11
12 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

I'm in the extreme minority in that I'm glad Hayden is here, I guess I just like Rebecca Budig.

I'm at that table with you. But I also agree with @ulkis that I can't really take her with Finn. They're just completely pointless, boring, and 'been there done that.'

12 hours ago, ulkis said:

This Claudette stuff is ridiculous. All summer she was the devil and all of a sudden it's "oh Claudette did everything for Charlotte!" Say what? Half the crap Claudette did didn't do anything for Charlotte whatsoever.

Seriously. What the hell is this shit about? These writers are just so bad I can't even believe it.

10 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

What the hell are CL and/or the writers doing? Once again she Nelly starts crying and appears ashamed of what she's doing and then immediately reverts back to her scheming face. Is she bipolar? Does she have DID?

Why put that into the universe?!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4
32 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm at that table with you. But I also agree with @ulkis that I can't really take her with Finn. They're just completely pointless, boring, and 'been there done that.'

I mean, they're fine. I can understand why people would like them. But she had better chemistry with other people and they should move on from this "Michael Easton has a mystery disease" story. We know Michael Easton isn't going anywhere and if he is, they'll just bring him back again like Kenny from South Park.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5

Oh, they're not fine to me lol. They are perhaps the thing I find most boring about this show and I find literally everything, even the stuff I marginally like, boring. Everything about their story is so tired. It's just like every other romance I've seen ME in. But hey, at least they're not actively offensive like Franco/Liz!

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

They are perhaps the thing I find most boring about this show and I find literally everything, even the stuff I marginally like, boring.

Here's my order of boring couples. 

1. Lante

2. Maxie/Nathan

3. Kiki/Dillon

4. JaSam

5. Hayden/Michael Easton

6. Michael/anyone he's paired with

• Love 3
Just now, peachmangosteen said:

I think I find every couple boring. Literally every single one. I happen to like some of them, but they're all boring.

They're all bad to me, just varying degrees of horrible and boring. To be fair, I haven't liked a couple on this show for yeeeeears. It's nothing new.

18 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

1. Lante

2. Maxie/Nathan

3. Kiki/Dillon

4. JaSam

5. Hayden/Michael Easton

You'd rather watch Michael/Sabrina than Lante 2.0? Liar! :p

Where do Carly/Sonny fall on this list? Or do you just black out from rage when they come on?

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6
18 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Honestly, I fast forward SO much that I shouldn't even really be commenting on stuff lol!

LMAO.

5 minutes ago, ulkis said:

You'd rather watch Michael/Sabrina than Lante 2.0? Liar! :p

Where do Carly/Sonny fall on this list? Or do you just black out from rage when they come on?

Lante isn't even Lante to me! I think I've told you this before, but I hate recasts when it comes to pairings. Hate. I rarely, rarely still like the couple I was originally a fan of.

Carly/Sonny are on the "I'm offended and disgusted by this" list. Franco/Liz are there, as well. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Previews...Monica, Kevin, Tracy, and Laura today?  Here for it.

Yeah, the Kevin/Monica preview interested me a little bit. It's probably just her hiring him on permanently at the hospital or something, but it's stuff like that that makes me kinda feel bad about ragging on FV so hard at times. He gives us mountains and mountains of crap . . . but we certainly would not have gotten Monica/Kevin or Bobbie under Guza. Like I've said a billion times, I wish he had just kept the old scriptwriters - they could have given us some depth in the midst of the crap storylines, like they did during the Guza years.

• Love 5

Carly/Sonny are on the "I'm offended and disgusted by this" list. Franco/Liz are there, as well. 

Ah, yes, that makes sense. Of course, I think any Franco pairing can be added to that.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Why put that into the universe?!

Maybe CL is making terrible acting choices. Her facial expressions are all over the place and I don't know if she's being told to do that or if she just sucks. 

38 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

1. Lante

2. Maxie/Nathan

3. Kiki/Dillon

4. JaSam

5. Hayden/Michael Easton

Kiki/Dillon and Maxie/Tree should be tied for the number one spot.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

1. Lante

2. Maxie/Nathan

3. Kiki/Dillon

4. JaSam

5. Hayden/Michael Easton

It's so sad that our only options for couples are boring or offensive. And I can't believe you guys are forgetting Jordan/Andre for boring. They're number two at least.

• Love 7

Monica reading Tom for what he did to Emily, nice scenes between Laura and Tracy, cuteness with Laura and Kevin.  The vets were getting it done today!

...except Anna.  I'm already kinda over whatever the deal is with her and Valentin.

...and Heather.  Why is she even taking Franco's visits?  Didn't he betray her by tattling about her attacking Bobbie and Lucas?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5