Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

49 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

I really liked the Pre-SORASed Pre-BC Morgan too.  Aaron Refvem was a good young actor and I enjoyed his portrayal Morgan.  Dubbel zout you are correct, before BC took over Morgan was a very intelligent and charming young man.  Jax was the best thing to happen to Carly's boys.  I can't wait until Jax comes back and rips Carly and Sonny a new one for what happened to Morgan.  

The kid wasn't even pre-SORASed! I thought he had just the right amount of SORASing.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, LeftPhalange said:

They had him die at the hands of some newbie while saving fucking Ava. FUCKING AVA. That's unacceptable. 

That's the other thing. If TIIC don't want long time fans to loathe this ridiculous character, they should probably stop putting her into positions where her survival costs the life of a GH vet. I understand that it's the writers and not the actress (whom I thoroughly enjoyed on ATWT) but AJ and Nik are gone and Ava is still fuckin here and I resent it

• Love 5

I just want them to pick a lane with Ava. Is she a criminal or not? It doesn't help that MW cries too much, and not in a manipulative way. (What is it with GH and teary actors?!) It doesn't help that Ava goes on and on about Doing Right for her daughters yet won't fight Sonny for physical custody of Avery.

She's a mess of a character, and MW's portrayal isn't helping me figure out who Ava is.

• Love 11
19 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

She's a mess of a character, and MW's portrayal isn't helping me figure out who Ava is.

Ava is a tough as nails mobster who wants to do the Right Thing but sometimes is forced to do Bad Things. She feels bad abut the Bad Things she does, though. You can tell by her constant crying and self-pitying  whining about how hard the thug life is. Also, everything she does is for her children, the children that she often abandons and/or forgets about. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

That's the other thing. If TIIC don't want long time fans to loathe this ridiculous character, they should probably stop putting her into positions where her survival costs the life of a GH vet. I understand that it's the writers and not the actress (whom I thoroughly enjoyed on ATWT) but AJ and Nik are gone and Ava is still fuckin here and I resent it

Well, to be far, Nikolas' death had all the earmarkings of being a "death" until contract talks with TC broke down.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, LeftPhalange said:

Ava is a tough as nails mobster who wants to do the Right Thing but sometimes is forced to do Bad Things. She feels bad abut the Bad Things she does, though. You can tell by her constant crying and self-pitying  whining about how hard the thug life is. Also, everything she does is for her children, the children that she often abandons and/or forgets about. 

Is she the female Sonny?

• Love 6
44 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

Is she the female Sonny?

In many ways, she is. Nothing is ever her fault, she's not a bad person, she drinks too much, her children are extensions of her ego.

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Well, to be far, Nikolas' death had all the earmarkings of being a "death" until contract talks with TC broke down.

I think we could still get a recast Nik, depending on how they want the Valentin story to play out. I don't think TC's stamp on the role was indelible.

• Love 2

Holy cow, that journal of Morgan's (that I think is OOC for him to have written, even if he was mandated to during his hospitalization, and especially once he was symptomatic again) was such a contrived way to put Carly on the trail of his meds being switched.

Again, Show, why are we supposed to care about this beef between Jordan and Curtis given how infrequently you show them?

OMG, Valentin says he's Charlotte's father, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6

Huh. So Sam has zero problem issuing threats and throwing out Jason's name and getting back into mob life mentality.  Funny that Jason also has no problem with intimidating people to get what he wants too.  Weren't these two just talking about being safe and moving away to remove danger from their lives?

Interesting. Good to see they're completely back in "full of hypocritical, lying shit" mode. It's what they do best.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Again, Show, why are we supposed to care about this beef between Jordan and Curtis given how infrequently you show them?

It's also written so, so poorly. Jordan hates Curtis because of something he did years ago? She expected TJ to forgive her for all the lying she had to do, but Curtis doesn't get the same consideration? Because of course what he did was worse, since it was to her, not by her. Gah. 

• Love 3

I can't believe that the deus ex machina in this storyline is Morgan's diary. As if he would write any of those things that Carly read out. He'd only use a diary to bitch about his problems, like Dillon's interference and his own inability to get it up with Kiki. 

I'm kind of looking forward to Griffin finding out he's not Charlotte's father. He's the idiot who put the cart before the horse by planning his life as a dad without even getting a paternity test.

Jordan and Curtis are so dull. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I would rather see Curtis hanging out with Nina than watch him argue with Jordan for the thousandth time.

• Love 6

Felt so much disgust at Anna's big smile in reaction to Charlotte saying they're going out to eat "like a family."  So in her mind, she's now an insta-family with Griffin and the little girl (that's she's vowed to herself to protect), when they don't even have the DNA results back yet?

Yes, that's right Anna - it's perfectly safe to have the kid out in the middle of the restaurant, when Valentin can walk in and do whatever, like say maybe have Anna or Griffin's food poisoned? They could have taken Charlotte out to eat anywhere, like Kelly's. Do TPTB not realize Anna looks like a moron?

Although...Griffin's shock face (when he hasn't yet seen the test results) to Valentin's "my daughter" declaration was pretty funny.

Morgan's journal was seriously contrived, OOC b.s.

• Love 5

Jordan and Curtis arguing all the time is making me hate her. She looks so petty and ridiculous in these situations. Resorting to slapping him when she is pissed off is infuriating. Way to undermine yourself.

I wish Mac were still the boss or that Felicia had become mayor. I prefer either of them to Anna. Anna and Griffin hanging out is just all kinds of awkward.

Edited by lovelynn
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

So in her mind, she's now an insta-family with Griffin and the little girl (that's she's vowed to herself to protect), when they don't even have the DNA results back yet?

Why does there have to be a DNA test to feel like a family? Anna is jumping the gun on this, definitely, but I don't like the idea that there can be a closeness only if there's a biological link.

6 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:
2 hours ago, Lillybee said:

Is she the female Sonny?

Yes, except she's not a misogynist and she's much prettier to look at.

I don't know about not being a misogynist; Ava doesn't seem to think much of other women.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Although...Griffin's shock face (when he hasn't yet seen the test results) to Valentin's "my daughter" declaration was pretty funny.

Seriously.  He's THAT shocked that stupid Claudette lied AGAIN about this stupid child's paternity AGAIN?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8
15 hours ago, teenj12 said:

See, I (and probably most others) can tolerate Jason/Sonny as romantic leads because they're at least strongly apart of General Hospital lore, for better or worse. Franco feels like an intruder to me, and after three or so years of him being a regular, I still don't think that he fits in with the show/other characters. Much is actually the case for lots of the newbies. 

I'm amazed at how much the writers try to construct stories for newbies while completely ignoring the vets.  Nina is STILL trying to have a freakin kid.  That's been her story since she arrived.  Franco has become a whiny, clingy, jealous pain in the ass.  Valerie and Jordan?  Ugh.  Kiki gets more screen time than any of the vet characters her age too.  Griffin has a front burner storyline and so does Hayden and Finn.  I don't get this.  It's why I become so resentful of the new characters.  It's not that I don't like some of them, but the writers are crafting stories for THEM, not the vets.  I'm sorry, but I don't care about most of these new characters with the exception of a few.  I'd rather see much more of Kevin and Laura, Tracy, Monica, Scotty, Kristina, Mac, Felicia, Maxi, Bobbie, and of course Michael.  Instead, Nelle, Valerie, Curtis, Jordan, Nina, Kiki, Hayden, Finn, Franco, Griffin, Nathan, and even Dr. O get more face time.  When we do get vets, it's the SAME vets over and over:  Sonny, Jason, Sam, Carly, and Alexis.  Hey, I like my vets, but spread the wealth.  

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't know about not being a misogynist; Ava doesn't seem to think much of other women.

Does she call them bitch/tramp/slut/whores? I would say she doesn't think much of some women (Nina, Carly), but I hardly think that qualifies her as hating all women.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, lovelynn said:

Jordan and Curtis arguing all the time is making me hate her. She looks so petty and ridiculous in these situations. Resorting to slapping him when she is pissed off is infuriating. Way to undermine yourself.

I actually really liked her yelling at him today, because it was about Valerie. How Curtis risked Valerie's career by his selfishness and that she knew he'd let Valerie down.  I wish she'd been able to take it a step further and highlight how hard it is for women in male dominated fields, especially women of color and how he compromised and undermined Valerie and her reputation SO MUCH by what he did. Jordan would know the struggle Valerie faces, she is also a woman of color and a police officer. She gets the seriousness of it. The attempted slap was stupid, I agree, but I did like her standing up for her colleague and friend.  What Curtis did to Valerie was awful.

Edited by Vella
  • Love 4

His betrayal of Valerie confirmed what she already experienced herself and believed would happen again.  So she was angry that he'd proven her right and she was angry that he'd betrayed Valerie and potentially ruined her career.  Isn't that what often happens? You just KNOW someone is going to screw up, you yell at them for it and even though they INSIST it won't happen and that they've changed, they screw up and take someone down with them. Someone you know, mentor and care about.  Of course she's pissed about what she already suspected coming to fruition, but also about what it did to Valerie.

• Love 4

Why does there have to be a DNA test to feel like a family? Anna is jumping the gun on this, definitely, but I don't like the idea that there can be a closeness only if there's a biological link.

Anna's attached herself to this kid because she thinks the kid is Duke's grandchild, period. She's way more smiley right now than when she found out Robin was pregnant!!  She has decided to take on Griffin as the son she never had, because he's Duke child. She's on a mission of loving Duke, just in a different way. Anna has made this about biological links. Now if she had met Griffin and/or Charlotte under different circumstances, grown closer to them over time and behaved like this without any knowledge of Griffin's biological link to Duke, I would believe differently. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Does she call them bitch/tramp/slut/whores? I would say she doesn't think much of some women (Nina, Carly), but I hardly think that qualifies her as hating all women.

I'm pretty sure she's called women names. Ava rarely interacts with other women (thanks, writers), so it's hard to say if she's a misogynist, but I don't feel she's much of a feminist, let's put it that way.

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, Bishop said:

It's not that I don't like some of them, but the writers are crafting stories for THEM, not the vets.  I'm sorry, but I don't care about most of these new characters with the exception of a few.  I'd rather see much more of Kevin and Laura, Tracy, Monica, Scotty, Kristina, Mac, Felicia, Maxi, Bobbie, and of course Michael.  Instead, Nelle, Valerie, Curtis, Jordan, Nina, Kiki, Hayden, Finn, Franco, Griffin, Nathan, and even Dr. O get more face time.  When we do get vets, it's the SAME vets over and over:  Sonny, Jason, Sam, Carly, and Alexis.  Hey, I like my vets, but spread the wealth.  

I don't think them being newbies is the problem. I liked plenty of new people right off. The problem is they're all mostly written horribly.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 8

I don't completely disbelieve that Morgan would keep a journal, especially to make sure he was taking his meds, but it would've been nice if they had actually shown him doing this on screen at least once. As it is, this is clearly just a plot point to get Carly on the path to finding out Ava switched his meds. Why couldn't they just have Nelly tell Carly she found Ava in his room acting suspicious?

Curtis illegally copied police files and could've jeopardized Val's career. Why is he acting indignant because Jordan doesn't want him working at the PCPD? I mean, I know she already didn't want him working there before this incident, but this only gives her a justifiable reason not to trust him. 

LMAO once again Ava is being threatened and will probably be blackmailed over a crime she committed. 

Am I supposed to care about Charlotte or who wins the paternity sweepstakes? I don't I'm thisclose to wishing for Griffin to be murdered. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 2

Isn't Dante supposed to be, like, sad and shit about Morgan? But he's proposing? Ugh, it's too soon. I don't feel like either character would be that into formalizing it when they already consider each other husband and wife anyway, unless Olivia was up their butts about it or something.

Maybe Dante's doing it to make-up for the loss of the e----, (ugh) but Lulu will say yes anyway cause otherwise would mean putting actual thought into their motivations.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

I don't completely disbelieve that Morgan would keep a journal, especially to make sure he was taking his meds, but it would've been nice if they had actually shown him doing this on screen at least once. As it is, this is clearly just a plot point to get Carly on the path to finding out Ava switched his meds. Why couldn't they just have Nelly tell Carly she found Ava in his room acting suspicious?

I was actually hoping that it would be revealed Nelle had written the journal. Finding some of Morgan's handwriting and diligently practicing and writing out a journal, just to twist the gears of guilt and pain for S&C. It would have been deliciously wicked and finally given Nelle SOME sort of identity and the audience a big clue into what kind of person Nelle truly is. She's been here for months and NOTHING.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Vella said:

I was actually hoping that it would be revealed Nelle had written the journal. Finding some of Morgan's handwriting and diligently practicing and writing out a journal, just to twist the gears of guilt and pain for S&C. It would have been deliciously wicked and finally given Nelle SOME sort of identity and the audience a big clue into what kind of person Nelle truly is. She's been here for months and NOTHING.

TOTALLY!  When she first came in with the journal, I had my fingers crossed for the same thing, that it would be full of knife-twisting entries and then we'd see Nelle tenting her fingers with scheming glee at the end.  But why do something interesting and soapy when you can do something contrived and boring! #eyeroll

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 11
19 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I don't think them being newbies is the problem. I liked plenty of new people right off. The problem is they're all mostly written horribly.

And often get too much screen time. And immediately start off driving story while the vets are used to support them.

2 minutes ago, Vella said:

Nelly is really a good person who is being forced to do Something Bad by her Meanie father. We'll find out who, what, when, where and why next year. It'll probably involve Helena, reasons, and/or a commercial break.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

TOTALLY!  When she first came in with the journal, I had my fingers crossed for the same thing, that it would be full of knife-twisting entries and then we'd see Nelle tenting her fingers at the end.  But why do something interesting and soapy when you can do something contrived and boring! #eyeroll

I know, right?!  I was actually a bit excited when Carly didn't know about it and remarked it didn't seem to be his style. I thought "Finally! Nelle's reason for being!"  And really, it's pretty damned grotesque to take advantage of a DEAD CHILD and push a whole pile of knives deeper into an already wounded person.  To be playing BOTH of them? Being Carly's BFF and worrying over Sonny, waiting for him to inevitably 'slip into something more comfortable' than Carly?  Writing a fake journal of their dead son?  Send her back to her apartment to shred the sheets and sheets of paper of her practicing Morgan's handwriting. Something, anything exciting!

But they ruined it. As always. Ugh.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

It's also written so, so poorly. Jordan hates Curtis because of something he did years ago? She expected TJ to forgive her for all the lying she had to do, but Curtis doesn't get the same consideration? Because of course what he did was worse, since it was to her, not by her. Gah. 

Jordan isn't coming off at all well in this story - but then she hasn't exactly been drawing a lot of love for a long time now. 

1 hour ago, lovelynn said:

I wish Mac were still the boss or that Felicia had become mayor. I prefer either of them to Anna. Anna and Griffin hanging out is just all kinds of awkward.

Jordan's professionalism and likeability went down the toilet some time ago.  I used to like her - but not now.  She comes off as so hypocritical, so cold and so judgmental. 

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Isn't Dante supposed to be, like, sad and shit about Morgan? But he's proposing? Ugh, it's too soon. I don't feel like either character would be that into formalizing it when they already consider each other husband and wife anyway, unless Olivia was up their butts about it or something.

Maybe Dante's doing it to make-up for the loss of the e----, (ugh) but Lulu will say yes anyway cause otherwise would mean putting actual thought into their motivations.

At a fan event in 2012, I remember Dom saying that Frank and Ron were disappointed that Dante and Lulu were already married because he (Dom) thought they (FV and RC) wanted to write and produce the wedding themselves. Maybe Frank is living out that wish now.  

5 minutes ago, Vella said:

She's been here for months and NOTHING.

It's unbelievably poor storytelling. I don't know what I fear more, that Nelle's father is someone we know or that he's going to appear in PC and take over the show.

3 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh gawd...are we in for a double wedding with Lulu/Dante and Maxie/Nathan?

Maybe that will mean we'll see six or eight people as guests instead of two or three.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh gawd...are we in for a double wedding with Lulu/Dante and Maxie/Nathan? 

Lord, I hope not.

And that would be shit for the Maxie fans for her to have to share her wedding.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Maybe that will mean we'll see six or eight people as guests instead of two or three.

I dunno...if Laura and Felicia are in the same room, the universe might implode! eyeroll

And you know who won't be there?  Their mutual cousin Lucas! #doubleeyeroll

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:
8 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

I really liked the Pre-SORASed Pre-BC Morgan too.  Aaron Refvem was a good young actor and I enjoyed his portrayal Morgan.  Dubbel zout you are correct, before BC took over Morgan was a very intelligent and charming young man.  Jax was the best thing to happen to Carly's boys.  I can't wait until Jax comes back and rips Carly and Sonny a new one for what happened to Morgan.  

The kid wasn't even pre-SORASed! I thought he had just the right amount of SORASing.

Yes, Aaron Refvem's Morgan was about the same age as Molly.  Morgan and Molly were close growing up and there was a lot of story line potential in watching them grow up and surviving those awful high school years together. Watching two legacy characters grow up on screen helps viewers bond with the characters and with the show.  Robin Scorpio, who is one of the most beloved characters in soaps, is a perfect example of this. However, to accomplish this soap writers and producers have to think ahead and SORAS these character's wisely.  The SORASing of Morgan was short sighted and done only to bring on Ave and KiKi.  

It doesn't help the SORASed Morgan was yet another instrument to prop up the Corrinthos family.

Edited by movingtargetgal
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Vella said:

I actually really liked her yelling at him today, because it was about Valerie. How Curtis risked Valerie's career by his selfishness and that she knew he'd let Valerie down.  I wish she'd been able to take it a step further and highlight how hard it is for women in male dominated fields, especially women of color and how he compromised and undermined Valerie and her reputation SO MUCH by what he did. Jordan would know the struggle Valerie faces, she is also a woman of color and a police officer. She gets the seriousness of it. The attempted slap was stupid, I agree, but I did like her standing up for her colleague and friend.  What Curtis did to Valerie was awful.

I understand that in any other PD in the world, what Curtis did would be a bad thing. But I'm having real trouble seeing Jordan's righteous indignation on that 10-story-high horse she's yelling at Curtis from. This is, after all, the PCPD. The law organization that has routinely given the Don of the Eastern Seaboard updates on the progress of current cases. The department that just yesterday had one of its better detectives inviting his wife to help him interrogate a suspect. And she's the commissioner who never recognized the cufflinks of the DA who more or less lives at her place of work. So what's the big deal with the photo? I was siding with Curtis today than I probably should have. And if it ends Val's career and forces her to leave town, too bad. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Bishop said:

I'm amazed at how much the writers try to construct stories for newbies while completely ignoring the vets.  Nina is STILL trying to have a freakin kid.  That's been her story since she arrived.  Franco has become a whiny, clingy, jealous pain in the ass.  Valerie and Jordan?  Ugh.  Kiki gets more screen time than any of the vet characters her age too.  Griffin has a front burner storyline and so does Hayden and Finn.  I don't get this.  It's why I become so resentful of the new characters.  It's not that I don't like some of them, but the writers are crafting stories for THEM, not the vets.  I'm sorry, but I don't care about most of these new characters with the exception of a few.  I'd rather see much more of Kevin and Laura, Tracy, Monica, Scotty, Kristina, Mac, Felicia, Maxi, Bobbie, and of course Michael.  Instead, Nelle, Valerie, Curtis, Jordan, Nina, Kiki, Hayden, Finn, Franco, Griffin, Nathan, and even Dr. O get more face time.  When we do get vets, it's the SAME vets over and over:  Sonny, Jason, Sam, Carly, and Alexis.  Hey, I like my vets, but spread the wealth.  

I agree that I'd like to see more of established.  However, respectfully, I think you just told a joke when you said Valerie gets more face time.  I would liked to have watched those days. 

Seriously, though, like you, I'm tired of having so many newbies and the heavy focus on some of them.  Take Morgan's journal, for example:  Carly should have been reading that with a character with a lot more history with her and her family.   Hey, if the writers had bothered to remember that Valerie is a Spencer, I'd have taken her over Nelle because at least she is member of the family.  

Edited by Aurora2

Ugh, Ava is wearing that hideous top with that weird bra strap in the back.

10 minutes ago, Aurora2 said:

Take Morgan's journal, for example:  Carly should have been reading that with a character with a lot more history with her and her family. 

If they're going to include Nelle in this, make it mean something and show her using this information, not just being a seemingly sympathetic shoulder.

Jordan was being obnoxious today, but she looked great.

Hold the phone! Lauren was at Vassar?!?!?!?!?!?

Carly's "It's his handwriting!" when she opened Morgan's journal was funny. Who's handwriting would it be? I know Carly reading it is supposed to make us feel sorry for him, but it just irritated me. If he felt like things were falling apart, why didn't he go to see Andre as soon as he noticed? Once again, it's never the fault of a Corinthos.

The Sam/Jason stuff was so boring and dumb. Sam is just out of the hospital with baby issues, and now she's on a stakeout? Spare me. Ugh, that that stooge instantly started talking to Jason. 

I'd have thought Alexis would have a rudimentary knowledge of Greek. Not enough to read legalese, but enough to read the title.

• Love 3

Hold the phone! Lauren was at Vassar?!?!?!?!?!?

Carly's "It's his handwriting!" when she opened Morgan's journal was funny. Who's handwriting would it be? I know Carly reading it is supposed to make us feel sorry for him, but it just irritated me.

I'd have thought Alexis would have a rudimentary knowledge of Greek. Not enough to read legalese, but enough to read the title.

1) Well, wonders never cease! 

2)This makes me laugh like Carly's lovely description of SkipperBitch's love of looking at snow globes for hours!  Although it does shock me that BC's Morgan could actually write coherent sentences.

3)Alexis was supposedly raised by the Cassadines.  So I find it hard to believe that she doesn't have a basic understanding of the Greek language. At least have her drop a comment on how she has blocked all things Greek due to her traumatic childhood with Helena, Stavros and others.

• Love 1