Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Why do Franco and Liz keep going to the Metro Court (and having champagne to boot)? I thought their asses were broke. Those two are so gross together. 

Sonny is also gross, but everyone already knows that. I'm glad Scotty remembers Karen and threw that back in Sonny's face. Who cares about someone else's kid?!

And Ava needs to stop with the tears. What did she think would happen when she cut Morgan's medication off? His erratic behavior got her daughter with the savior complex shot. What did she think was gonna happen? Bitch, sit down!

• Love 11

Alexis needs to be bitch slapped, would she be team Sonny had it been Kristina (again) who got in the middle of a Sonny planted bomb? She blames Sonny when it's her kid, but because it's Carly's she could care less. I hope Carly chews her up and spits her out next. 

5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I wish that scene hadn't been a lecture to Sam. I think BM could have played it more like "This happened before with what happened to Lily, right?"

I didn't think it was a lecture. Sam wasn't around then. She has no idea what happened during that time except through word-of-mouth through the years, maybe. But she still didn't experience it or know any of the players besides Sonny and Jason.

That's Jason's past and he needed to deliver the message without having to ask. Jason remembers and it's about time the show allow BM to engage with the material.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

I literally gagged at his greasy hair. And when Liz said he was a "good man." Where did Liz go? She's been missing for over 10 years. Someone find her.

I guess this shit is the fantastic story BH was talking about when she re-signed her new contract.  

• Love 1
On 10/23/2016 at 9:12 AM, HeatLifer said:

All I know is JaSam need some type of conflict at this point. I get having moments for fans to enjoy here and there, but for that to be the entire relationship? A series of fluffy, agreeable moments? Especially when Jason is NOT the same person? How was that never a story or something they had to go through? Getting to know these new versions of themselves? 

And this is coming off of multiple Sam relationships that were pure fluff. It's boring. I don't buy that every one of her relationships is hunky-dory until the breakups. TPTB want to portray Sam as some perfect woman and it's a disservice to the character and the actress. 

What happened to the curse?  Zip.  Nada.  What should have been a riveting story where Jake Doe regains all of his previous memories and has to deal with the fallout was swept under the carpet.  Jason should be torn between the life that he had with the mob lackey's, his Quartermaine roots and the life that he was building with Elizabeth and her boys.  But, we ended up with some BS where Jason and Sam don't even mention not being interested in each other romantically since BM took over the role.

• Love 4

Ava is a fucking cartoon. She really is so much like Sonny. I wish Jelly would just put them together and keep them isolated in their own little mob world because it would solve several of my problems. 

I hope Tracy doesn't thank Freako. Please please please don't make her do this.

Liez and Freako are nasty. That kiss was vulgar.

The Nina and Julian scenes were pointless. Kill them both dead.

Confused as to why Danny was on instead of DNAJ. Did someone get them confused?

If Max wants to help Sonny how about he call a shrink? Fucking shit. Or better yet, lock him and Ava in a room together so they can hash out their problems aka kill each other. 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, fishcakes said:

Franco saved the hospital. Franco is a hero. [drinks entire bottle of vodka]

The save, along with his greasy hair, must be trolling by the writers and the show's TPTB toward us fans. They know that we are still furious that Sonny saved a boatload of characters from an onboard bomb and was pardoned through the lame deus ex machina plot device of the governor's kin being present. So now Franco must be finally and utterly pardoned of all his whimsical serial killings (as well as parking tickets, improper tax returns and jaywalking) because he saved the hospital.

[And as a bonus, Liez will sleep with him. Gah!]

• Love 3
13 hours ago, fishcakes said:

I don't drink but, you know what, I think I'm gonna have to start. Either that or quit watching lol.

10 hours ago, Darklazr said:

I guess this shit is the fantastic story BH was talking about when she re-signed her new contract.  

You know FV sold her some bullshit like Liz was finally going to deal with her issues in a compelling story and then she got her script and was like "The fuck?"

10 hours ago, Darklazr said:

What should have been a riveting story where Jake Doe regains all of his previous memories and has to deal with the fallout was swept under the carpet.  Jason should be torn between the life that he had with the mob lackey's, his Quartermaine roots and the life that he was building with Elizabeth and her boys.

The only way that would've worked would've been if Liz had never learned the truth. Her keeping that from everyone for months killed any chance that Jason would be conflicted over his relationship with her when his memories returned. But yea, this was how the story should've been told from the beginning. And he should've felt more of a pull towards Sam when he didn't have his memories. And he should've spent more time with both the Corinthos and the Quartermaines. And and and. This story was and is so bad. Just like on every single level. They did nothing right!

It's astonishing how badly Jelly and FV are fucking up. I am in awe at the level of incompetence.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, Lillybee said:

Why does everyone expect Michael to fix his disfunctional family? He is not responsible for the idiots that raised him.

I know. These are adults (allegedly™—Silas Clay). It would be funny if it it wasn't so consistently pathetic.

Edited by dubbel zout
modified the modifier.
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, fishcakes said:

Hey, the Moobster got his sister hooked on pills and is now trying to strangle his father. If Franco kills him, I'll supply the ticker tape.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Lillybee said:

Why does everyone expect Michael to fix his disfunctional family? He is not responsible for the idiots that raised him.

And why is it more important that Carly, Michael et. al basically ignore their own grief to help Sonny with his?

• Love 8

When Jason and Sam were telling Danny (aka "Little Buddddd-dee", aka how I hear it when Jason calls him that) he was going to be a little brother all that was missing was a sappy soundtrack...followed by the penthouse getting hit by a barrage of bullets.  Then I remembered Bob Guza wasn't there anymore and my dream died...

OMG, so now it's Scott's fault that Morgan is dead?  That line is getting long.  Only one not on it is Sonny.  It's perfect that only he can benefit from the shitty justice system in PC, but everyone else?  Well, gah, what's a Robin Hood-esque mobster to do?  Poor Sonny basically HAS to try and kill all the bad guys because no one else can do their jobs.  Poor, poor Sonny...

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

When Jason and Sam were telling Danny (aka "Little Buddddd-dee", aka how I hear it when Jason calls him that) he was going to be a little brother all that was missing was a sappy soundtrack...followed by the penthouse getting hit by a barrage of bullets.  Then I remembered Bob Guza wasn't there anymore and my dream died...

Oh, speaking of music, I hated it when Sonny was talking to Alexis and the club music was playing quietly in the background and then it morphed to schmaltzy wah-wah music. It would have been a lot more touching to just have Sonny continue talking over the ambient sounds around them instead of literally playing the violins. argh.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't drink but, you know what, I think I'm gonna have to start. Either that or quit watching lol.

You know FV sold her some bullshit like Liz was finally going to deal with her issues in a compelling story and then she got her script and was like "The fuck?"

The only way that would've worked would've been if Liz had never learned the truth. Her keeping that from everyone for months killed any chance that Jason would be conflicted over his relationship with her when his memories returned. But yea, this was how the story should've been told from the beginning. And he should've felt more of a pull towards Sam when he didn't have his memories. And he should've spent more time with both the Corinthos and the Quartermaines. And and and. This story was and is so bad. Just like on every single level. They did nothing right!

It's astonishing how badly Jelly and FV are fucking up. I am in awe at the level of incompetence.

Jake Doe NEVER asked Elizabeth why she lied in the first place.   If Jason really had all of his memories back, he and Elizabeth would have already talked about the lie, but the show can not allow many scenes between these two.  Elizabeth is stuck in Franco hell.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

And why is it more important that Carly, Michael et. al basically ignore their own grief to help Sonny with his?

They should just take away his meds and keep him locked up in his mansion with Ava. What's the worst that could happen.

• Love 3

Are these people seriously still blaming Julian for not getting blown up? I have no use for the any of the Jeromes and I'd dance happily around the bonfire if they'd  all been in the car when it exploded, but COME. ON.

• Love 10
11 hours ago, Lillybee said:

It drives me INSANE that Michael is not allowed to feel anger at his father - ever.  The same with Carly.  He's never allowed to feel genuine disappointment or anger or resentment or whatever.  If he does, every single person lines up to tell him that he shouldn't do it.  Somehow, Michael's feelings are less important than saving Sonny (or Carly) or whomever.  I HATE that!  I swear, is it written in a GH Standard Operating Procedures Writing Manual that no matter which new writing regime is taking over, Michael Quartermaine Corinthos is never allowed to 1) have a decent storyline; 2) be angry and stay angry when he's completely justified in doing so; and 3) must always be "Mr. Fix-It" for his family without ever allowing him the darker edge we all know he has and would be great to see if allowed.  Un-believable.

• Love 2

Good gawd, now apparently it's Jason's fault Morgan died because he declined to murder someone on Sonny's behalf.  This tour Sonny's on of sticking the blame finger in everyone's face but his own is so obnoxious.  And of course, this will probably guilt Jason into rejoining the mob.  So fuckin' stupid!

Poor Scotty, still dreaming about failing Karen.  If only his daughter Serena was allowed within the city limits.

• Love 12

Well. I enjoyed watching Senor Dumbass blame Scott for stupid Sonny paying go a bomb that resulted in his son's death. And viewing Scott throw the term karma right back at him. And Sonny actually complain about Scott holding a grudge about Sonny destroying an abused teen Karen? Which included Sonny ordering a hit on her and Jagger? Fuck you Sonny!

Although I would like to point out that Scott never said that Karen was dead. Sooooo I'll be keeping my delusions of Karen and Scott faking her death to get her free of the shackles of PC nightmares. So Karen is happily married and a successful doctor in Europe. Helping her dad raise Serena and Christina after Lucy went nuts. Yep. I'm holding fast to that dream!

• Love 5

I'm no fan of Julian, but Carly overhearing him call S&C lousy parents and Morgan "misbegotten runt"  was awesome!!  Hey Carly, perhaps looking like crap and screaming "murderer" and slapping a man in the middle of the Metro Court restaurant is worse for business than customers seeing said man who's quietly trash talking - not doing anything to them. They see worse whenever your murdering husband drops by. 

It's so annoying that in the Carly-Alexis conversation, esp. the part about her never being in Carly's position, it didn't come up that Sonny nearly blew up Kristina when he tried to take out Johnny.  Another writing fail for the memory of Alexis. 

Scott calling Morgan Sonny's "collateral damage" and today telling Sonny he'll be haunted by the son he killed/murdered was pretty great too. 

Scott and Julian's truth telling doesn't quite makeup for the Liz-Franco grossness recently or the waste of Laura and Kevin, though. 

Soo ... Michael is inadvertently setting Nelle up to screw Sonny after his pity party to Jason? It's almost funny that he's now blaming Jason -'cause you know Jason should have gone back to serving Sonny's needs the moment he turned up alive. 

Griffin needs to shut up. He's an idiot.

Re: previews - Robin (a vision of her, I assume?) gets to talk Sonny out of suicide on her bridge?!! UGH!!!! Poor Kim McC (again). 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 8

Best part of the episode was seeing Robin in the previews.

Oh, but I did love Nelle's line about talking to Sonny and him taking a while to respond. That seemed like a subtle jab from the writers about MB's "pause and stutter" method of acting.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'm dreading the propping Robin is going to have to do re: Sonny tomorrow, given she herself was once a victim when Sonny was trying to kill one of his enemies.  Hasn't she suffered enough?!?!

That depends if it's real or a hallucination. Robin haunts the shit out of Sonny and Jason and it's hysterically awesome.

• Love 3

Carly and Sonny are lousy parents and Morgan is a misbegotten runt. Where's the lie, I ask? Where-is-the-lie? I hope those two never have other children, together, or with other people. Let this be the end.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 12

Sonny blaming Jason for Morgan's death, Sonny laying a guilt trip on Jason. Everyone is to blame except for Sonny. It's not like his ass wasn't told to leave Julian alone.

Jason's storyline has sucked since BM has taken over, but if this is the writers' way to get him back in the mob especially after he just wanted to leave town, then I don't even know what to say. Maybe Jason should step in and take Sonny's toys away, like he did before. 

• Love 7
57 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I'm no fan of Julian, but Carly overhearing him call S&C lousy parents and Morgan "misbegotten runt"  was awesome!!  Hey Carly, perhaps looking like crap and screaming "murderer" and slapping a man in the middle of the Metro Court restaurant is worse for business than customers seeing said man who's quietly trash talking - not doing anything to them. They see worse whenever your murdering husband drops by. 

It's so annoying that in the Carly-Alexis conversation, esp. the part about her never being in Carly's position, it didn't come up that Sonny nearly blew up Kristina when he tried to take out Johnny.  Another writing fail for the memory of Alexis. 

Scott calling Morgan Sonny's "collateral damage" and today telling Sonny he'll be haunted by the son he killed/murdered was pretty great too. 

Both Scott and Julian were 100% right in what they said to Carly and Sonny.  They were lousy selfish parents and the "misbegotten runt" was a result.  They are ultimately responsible for how screwed up Morgan was.  I really wish that when Carly was calling Julian a murderer and complaining how he got away with it, Julian would have said "Sonny is all those things and more,  Why is it you and your fellow Sonny worshipers can't wrap your brains around that fact?". 

• Love 9

Julian's misbegotten runt line was good. Too bad WdV delivered it with all the biting sarcasm of moldy cheese.

Are they kidding with this "Claudette is such a good man, oh no Valentin is obsessed with her" stuff?? Who cares if Valentin is obsessed with Claudette?

MB was terrible in that last scene with Sonny and Jason. Someone please walk the man gently off the set.

Ava reminiscing about Nikolas, Silas, and Morgan? What? She knew Nikolas for 5 seconds!!

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Nelle to Michael: It's a pretty view. You can see the whole city from up here.

OK. I shouldn't read into the fact that this is exactly what Robin said to Jason back in the day.....

I missed that, but I picked up on the recycled (Sabrina and Michael, post-AJ murder) dialogue Nelle was spewing.  However, I think Nelle may actually be more clueless about what all has happened to people in the past, because of Sonny, than Sabrina was.

Julian's truth-telling made my day. 

Second place went to Curtis telling Jordin that (even!) a mobster thought the PCPD was too incompetent to do a job right. 

The sheer pleasure of seeing whiny bitch Sonny getting ready to off himself was ruined by the realization that we all know it'll never happen, but at least I can fanwank his death and the better show that would follow for 24 hours. 

How come Griffin hasn't mentioned getting a paternity test yet? Especially since he doesn't think he'd be a good father? 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I think Nelle may actually be more clueless about what all has happened to people in the past, because of Sonny, than Sabrina was.

I should hope so. Nelle has been in town for 5 seconds. Sabrina at least had a few years to see the crazy.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I missed that, but I picked up on the recycled (Sabrina and Michael, post-AJ murder) dialogue Nelle was spewing.  However, I think Nelle may actually be more clueless about what all has happened to people in the past, because of Sonny, than Sabrina was.

I think Nelle has done her research. I just wish we knew why already.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

They had BM's Jason say it to Robin, too. It's just...weird. Everything about Nelle was odd in those scenes, like she may know more than she's letting on.

If Nelle does have some hidden agenda, why the writers being so cagey about revealing it?  They do this all the time, letting things simmer unsaid for too long that the eventual reveal isn't interesting.

• Love 10
  • Carly's grieving, but doesn't she  realize she might be better off going to a shrink for support instead of having a blazing row in her hotel dining room in public, and assaulting someone with a champagne bottle? Where is that gossip reporter when we need him?
  • Jordan, just SFU. Curtis has a right to find work in his chosen profession. Maybe if your PCPD was more competent, you wouldn't feel so threatened by a single PI trying to make a living.
  • Robin making a saintly pitstop in Port Charles again to dissuade Sonny from suicide? Maybe she can show him a vision of where he might be going afterwards if he chooses suicide. I hear that it's hot year-around.
  • Love 7

Sonny once again proves how little Krissy means to him. While having his pity party with Jason, he moans that Morgan is dead, Carly and Michael and Jason left him but forgets that his girl child is standing up for him. Poor Krissy, she will never be one of his favorite kids.

• Love 7
35 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

If Nelle does have some hidden agenda, why the writers being so cagey about revealing it?  They do this all the time, letting things simmer unsaid for too long that the eventual reveal isn't interesting

They haven't figured out what the "reveal" is yet, but I'm sure it will be underwhelming

• Love 12