Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, ulkis said:

She and Sonny have to take one more roll over someone's grave, so Morgan's. After which, a bottle of pills labeled "Fake pills 2 to give 2 Morgan" will fall out of her coat pocket. Julian will come by and see Sonny choking Ava, and shoot Sonny to protect Ava, but accidentally gets Ava instead, so technically, Sonny didn't kill her.

Who wants to bet against me? Huh? Huh? WHO?

PLEASE LET AVA, SONNY, AND JULIAN DIE I NEED THIS TO HAPPEN.

• Love 4

I still think this is a little bit of karma coming back to bite Morgan, given how gleefully he drugged Michael and how easily Michael could have hurt/killed himself or someone else in that condition.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, ulkis said:

She and Sonny have to take one more roll over someone's grave, so Morgan's. 

I think your scenario is likely - except that Morgan will be in a coma like Michael was, and Kiki's lines to Dillon today make me assume Kiki will play some role in it (witness, accidental victim, whatever) because she's so upset about Morgan's condition and she finds out her Mom switched Morgan's meds. 

Ugh, I'm so tired of Ava. She sees Morgan spiraling, because she switched out his meds, and is feeling guilty. What did she think was going to happen? It's all so, so stupid.

Julian's disdain for Morgan gives me life. (His attitude toward Lauren was funny, too.) This is why I don't want Julian gone.

LOL that Morgan steals a car but also decides to wear his seatbelt.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 9
26 minutes ago, ulkis said:

She and Sonny have to take one more roll over someone's grave, so Morgan's. After which, a bottle of pills labeled "Fake pills 2 to give 2 Morgan" will fall out of her coat pocket. Julian will come by and see Sonny choking Ava, and shoot Sonny to protect Ava, but accidentally gets Ava instead, so technically, Sonny didn't kill her.

Who wants to bet against me? Huh? Huh? WHO?

"You're hired!" -Frank

• Love 4

I am not looking forward to Kiki grieving.  I recall HE being not great at it when Silas died and I'm sure we're in for Kiki being a bitch to/pushing away Dillon for a while.  Oh Morgan, you really do ruin everything.

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I am not looking forward to Kiki grieving.  I recall HE being not great at it when Silas died and I'm sure we're in for Kiki being a bitch to/pushing away Dillon for a while.  Oh Morgan, you really do ruin everything.

It would be amusing if Kiki kept quiet because she was scared of Carly's reaction, not because she felt guilty about Morgan. Which someone should tell her she has nothing to fear from gentle housewife Carly, but if real Carly were around it would be wise of Kiki.

I was actually quite amazed that they let Kiki say half the stuff she said about herself, but please with her only starting to lose interest in Morgan "overnight". She was questioning him when he was on his meds too. It was funny watching her talk about how she ping-ponged between all those guys and Dillon was just like, "so that means I'm gonna get to squeeze sex in there at some point, right?!" And if Kiki dares express that her disinterest in Morgan happened because Ava switched his pills, I will need someone to kick her in the face.

Dillon's upper lip was sticking out a mile beyond his lower one, that was weird.

Jason: Can you trust me? We have a relationship, right, even though I didn't even invite you to my wedding that was held in your house last month?

They should have given the Jason scenes to Michael.

Someone tell poor Molly they're only pretending to give her veggie burgers at a dive like the Floating Rib.

Morgan had a good line with his "so take your scared ass somewhere else."

At the end of the day, Ava and Morgan still had the most chemistry with each other. 

No one better blame my poor bb Scott for keeping quiet.

I was confused with the whole thing with Julian's goon and the nicotine patch. That was Julian's goon, right? Or was it Sonny's? Oh, wait, was the point of that that he accidentally dropped the keys in there? I thought he was installing the bomb or something.

Carly: throws back head and fake-laughs

My whole body: cringes and contracts

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I was confused with the whole thing with Julian's goon and the nicotine patch. That was Julian's goon, right? Or was it Sonny's? Oh, wait, was the point of that that he accidentally dropped the keys in there? I thought he was installing the bomb or something.

That was Julian's stooge. He was having a fit because his nicotine patch wasn't working, so he went off to buy a pack of ciggies. He left the keys in the car, as one does, because Port Charles is very low crime.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Jason: Can you trust me? We have a relationship, right, even though I didn't even invite you to my wedding that was held in your house last month?

They should have given the Jason scenes to Michael.

I knew this would happen. I don't care that Morgan was named after Jason or that Morgan is the child of Sonny and Carly. Jason and Morgan, especially BM's Jason, have no bond. No connection. It all falls flat.

22 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Carly: throws back head and fake-laughs

I can't take it anymore. She can't do that now that Morgan's gone, right? Bless.

• Love 5

why did three quarters of today's episode feature Sonny in a church having a literal come to Jesus talk with Griffin? Make it STOP!!!! And now he's going to blame God for Morgan being almost blown up when it wouldn't have happened if (a) Sonny hadn't hired someone to plant a bomb in Julian's car, and (b) Morgan hadn't stolen the car!

This whole episode was both UCG and vomit inducing at the same time.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I knew this would happen. I don't care that Morgan was named after Jason or that Morgan is the child of Sonny and Carly. Jason and Morgan, especially BM's Jason, have no bond. No connection. It all falls flat.

I know, my eyes rolled to high heaven when he said "son". But maybe that was a BM ad-lib.

I can't take it anymore. She can't do that now that Morgan's gone, right? Bless.

Pfft, if she does, then we'll really know Michael's the favorite, no matter how many times she threw around "my baby boy" today.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I know, my eyes rolled to high heaven when he said "son". But maybe that was a BM ad-lib.

I really think that's how they write Jason now. He's like your average friendly dad who coaches little league on the weekends.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I really want a scene where he's flipping burgers on the grill outside.

"grrrr buddy! Have I got a burger for you!"

14 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I really think that's how they write Jason now. He's like your average friendly dad who coaches little league on the weekends.

Even if it wasn't contrived it just sounds totally odd to me. Morgan's 10 years younger than you and he's not actually your son Jason, it comes off weird!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

I would switch out "Carly" with "Alexis" maybe. I think Anna has maybe given Carly about two thoughts total.

Maybe Anna doesn't want to admit to herself she's not as stupid as Alexis, but Anna doesn't come off as someone who thinks she's better than all the women in town.

I think Anna comes across as being just fine without their company, except for maybe Jordan. I interpret that as her feeling she is better than them, in a sense. As if they don't have anything to offer her that she might need or want.  And when she is around other women in town, she's pretty abrupt and no nonsense with them. I get that is Anna's personality, but I don't find her showing any warmth to any other female in town. Even Tracy is openly warm to Lulu, and was to Sabrina, and is at least cordial to Alexis.

I do agree with you about the correction. More likely Alexis than Carly. But your own note that she probably doesn't give Carly two thoughts, just makes me think more that it IS a superiority thing.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

And when she is around other women in town, she's pretty abrupt and no nonsense with them.

That's because the only time she talks to other women is when she's in pursuit of #JusticeForDuke. She never has normal, social interactions with them.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Anna is particularly one-note. It's so annoying and dumb.

She really is. She legit just talks about Duke. She has nothing else to say. She doesn't have relationships with other people or stories and scenes unrelated to Duke.

• Love 1
On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 9:59 PM, ulkis said:
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

They trotted out TJ after months off-screen just to get punched by Morgan?  What the actual fuck?

Another goddamn car bomb?!?!

Wait up..... that's what they brought Tequan Richmond back for?  Dude...I seriously hope he leaves this show and it a huge success outside of it.   He's way too good for this bs. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Wait up..... that's what they brought Tequan Richmond back for?  Dude...I seriously hope he leaves this show and it a huge success outside of it.   He's way too good for this bs. 

Yes. He wandered on set leaving a VM for Molly, talked to Morgan/tried to keep him from drunk driving/car theft for a few minutes, Morgan punched him out. Then Jason found him, he had maybe two minutes of telling him what happened, Jason takes off after Morgan...end scene.

Damn near Everyone is one-note on this show. Lulu has a friendship with Maxie. Allegedly Nina and Carly are friends. Sabrina had Felix. Everybody only cares about themselves. Nobody is threaded into others' daily lives. Why isn't Maxie more involved with Lulu's baby mystery? Or at least being around to comfort her? Fuck, why not have a couples day, showing Maxie and Tree helping Lulu and Dante move in their new house? And the show could have added Michael/Sabrina and Morgan/Kiki into the mix. Easy way to have a shirtless men day! 

Still can't believe that Maxie wasn't at Sam's wedding.  And she also wasn't at Lucas's wedding either, IIRC. Was Lulu even a thought at that wedding? She is also Lucas's cousin. The Spencers are a mess. Valerie is a Spencer in name only. Why wouldn't Bobbie be pushing for Lulu, Valerie and Carly to try to get long? Not saying that Lulu has to BFFs with Valerie,  but I can see Bobbie wanting the last little bit of her nearby family to get along. Bobbie is no spring chicken. Have her break a bone, limiting her mobility for awhile.  Bobbie can refuse to stay at Sonny's. Or just say that all the bed rooms are upstairs and she can't do stairs. And let Lucas, Carly, Val and Lulu get together and decide on who has what days to stay and help Bobbie for that day. Families do things like that.

There more to life than dating, spouses, crimes and dumb people.

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, stlbf said:

Still can't believe that Maxie wasn't at Sam's wedding.

Forget about Maxie, what about Morgan? His whole family was there except him. I can't blame even his assy self if he felt bad about that. If they had just inserted him there Jason's "stop the car son" wouldn't have sounded half so contrived.

Although speaking of Maxie, she's been regulated to least important in this quad and those are the only people she's spending time with. I really have no use for Maxie but that's crap.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

I wish they would make up their minds when it comes to Ava.  Make her a true bitch on wheels. I hate that she does something evil and then gets weepy over it.  If she is going to be an evil bitch, then let her be unapologetic 

This show needs an unapologetic bad girl.

• Love 5
  • How many times did Carly grind her breasts and pudenda on Jason today during a big hug? I counted at least twice. I thought we were going to see both of them have to take a cigarette break.
  • Morgan made it out of the car safely--just barely--because Sonny withdrew his hit order on Julian, and so guilt for Sonny's crimes was not passed down to his children? Was that the Almighty's answer to Sonny's challenge?
  • I was anticipating that when Sam and Molly were driving home from Alexis's house, Morgan would run smack into them, and the resulting accident would endanger Sam's baby right in front of Jason's eyes (since his car was directly following Morgan's). No such luck, however. What a missed opportunity to see Jason's face express emotion! [Random thought: do maternity clothes come in all-black like the rest of Sam's sad gloomy clothes?]
  • So now Alexis is not only drinking alone, but also lying about drinking alone. I don't remember Anna asking for a glass of wine.
  • Love for vanilla Dillon has suddenly hit Kiki like le thunderbolt? C'mon, Show! The love bug bit her because she knows now that Dillon's dad is a badass serial killer, and therefore has a bigger peen and more stamina. [/sarcasm]
Edited by P3pp3rb1rd

This Morgan/bomb/Julian's car seems like a recycle of Kristina/bomb/Johnny's car. 

Still can't believe that Maxie wasn't at Sam's wedding.

I had more of an issue with Monica not attending.

Will they send a burned Morgan to Shriner's Hospitals for Children?  Will his injuries and scarring be as hideous as Spencer's?

Why is Molly sans pants in upstate New York in October?

Why does Jason always get an owie on his hand after crashes/explosions?

• Love 1

Today is a prime example of why I can't deal with Ava. She switches the meds of a bipolar person with placebos and then is what...shocked.? Upset?...that he's spiraling out of control. What did she think was going to happen? This is exactly what she wanted. Stupid asshole. I hate her. 

Dillon and Kiki are SO BLAND together. Dillon is already bland enough on his own most of the time and putting him with Kiki only makes it worse. 

I'm 100% sure Carly evicted Julian from her hotel months ago. I guess the writers forgot what they wrote.

This alcoholism story with Alexis is so stupid. After everything she's been through I can't believe fucking Julian off all people is driving her to the bottle. 

On the one hand, even though I like TJ, I don't want to see Tequan Richmond on this show again because he got out and should't come back. On the other hand, it's an easy pay check. 

The car explosion was stupid. I guess this is another Twist No One Saw Coming and/or Event That Will Change Everything. 

Those church scenes could have been good on a better show with better writing.

• Love 8

This is actually not illogical, it was in the 70's in Buffalo today.  Upstate/Northern weather is not how it once was in October. 

Edited by Artsda
1 hour ago, LeftPhalange said:

Those church scenes could have been good on a better show with better writing.

With better characters and better actors....

1 hour ago, ciarra said:

Why does Jason always get an owie on his hand after crashes/explosions?

And why is he always so underwhelming? Screaming and yelling would make sense in this situation.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

With better characters and better actors....

And why is he always so underwhelming? Screaming and yelling would make sense in this situation.

Oh good, I thought it was just me and I thought I was being mean and didn't say anything. But Jason was yelling "Morgan" like he was wondering where he left the remote, not like he just was in an explosion.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Oh good, I thought it was just me and I thought I was being mean and didn't say anything. But Jason was yelling "Morgan" like he was wondering where he left the remote, not like he just was in an explosion.

Oh, I'm with you. There was no sense of urgency or love or caring or whatever. It was irritation, lol. "See this car, it's me!" "See those lights, it's me!" And he kept saying "You gotta be kidding me?" like my dad does.

• Love 1

If Morgan and/or others are injured in the car bomb accident, how will they get medical help, since General Hospital is closed? Did authorities reopen it when the serial killer was caught? Seems that they can't be sure yet that the police really do have the killer. If the patients are being moved or admitted to Mercy Hospital in Port Charles, the show will have to build another hospital set. (I wouldn't put it past GH to use the same hospital sets, however, and just put new names everywhere.)

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd

I'm literally watching the Friday episode now.  I think I might stroke out or lose my own mind or give myself amnesia.  Is that possible?  I wish it was, just so I could forget this show.   Let me begin with the most offensive bs-  Sonny.  Seriously, die in a fire, Sonny Corinthos.  I dgaf what happens to your portrayer.  He can retire to Boca Raton, FL and get a condo and play mini golf.  Whatever.  Just get away and die forever.   Character, I mean.  I can't deal.   From the bullshit of horrendous writers that know nothing of the show to google search or hashtag twitter search to learn why viewers are tweeting about "AJ Quartermaine" every time Sonny cocks his freaking gun or why justice for Duke is dumb af to learn of a terribly not needed murder that happened mere years ago that could be undone like everything else on this alleged soap opera, to the ignoring Michael's rape, the circumstances of Morgan's birth, Michael's coma, Kristina and the car bomb (while ripping the damn story off), and Lilly's unborn baby dying because clink boom...well.   Oh and Karen Wexler.  Because everyone in Sonny's life pays besides Sonny.  They are all collateral damage.  It is Sonny.  It is the essence of Sonny.  Duh, Jelly, Duh.  And stop trying to do religion.  Because really, pick one.  Is Griffin a priest or is he a doctor- a neurosurgeon at that?   Because I can't take him seriously if he's not going to douse Sonny with holy water for literally being a murdering murderer that murders.  With all the crimes and mortal sins that Sonny has committed, he should burst into flames when stepping in a church.  I'd watch that story. 

So, for the love of all that is holy, can we just get a little research done in this piece?  And I still like Kiki/Dillion btw.   Literally the only soapy thing left.  And Griffin remains hot.  Matt Cohen is probably the hottest guy on the show. 

• Love 11

Please let Morgan be a permanent pile of ashes.  Not a body lying in a bed with his entire head wrapped in gauze until they decide to recast.  BC I will not miss you.

I anticipate the throwing of barware once Sonny finds out his bomb blew up his kid.  

I dread Carly's screeching.

I like Kiki/Dillon.  What I like even better is that KA isn't playing Kiki anymore.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Oh, I'm with you. There was no sense of urgency or love or caring or whatever. It was irritation, lol. "See this car, it's me!" "See those lights, it's me!" And he kept saying "You gotta be kidding me?" like my dad does.

I didn't thought he was fine in yesterday's episode, but the preview . . . he blew up in front of you! 

Although I guess irritation makes sense, given Jason and Morgan have pretty much never spoken to each other.

Also pls comment on this cause I can't think of anything:

@MauriceBenard I know you will be amazing, you always are!!! I just don't want them to set Sonny on fire after all the work you've done.

MB - sometimes a character has to be sacrificed a little bit for the sake of great drama it's up to the actor to keep the integrity 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Artsda said:

At least they took the time to (badly) explain that. Did they even say a single thing about Maxie? I don't actually know because I fast forwarded all the wedding scenes.

9 hours ago, ciarra said:

I'm in Maryland, not New York, but you'd be surprised by how many people still wear shorts well into October. Also, like someone else mentioned, it was actually pretty warm here this year until very recently.

Will they send a burned Morgan to Shriner's Hospitals for Children?  Will his injuries and scarring be as hideous as Spencer's?

LMAO! If we have to hear Shriner's Hospitals for Children™ 500 times per episode for a week again I'm gonna lose my mind.

• Love 3

Okay, I'm still on my hiatus/need to catch up on the last two weeks, but this news about Morgan brought me out of hiding. I still can't fully enjoy it because I know Ava will get 100% of the blame and Sonny will skate entirely. But I'll enjoy knowing that Sonny has yet again caused one of his children to be hurt/die (not really sure what's going on exactly) due to his inane decision making.

I've missed you guys.

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Are we sure Sonny is responsible for the bomb in Julian's car? A simple bullet to the head would draw less attention. 

No, we're not. Darn it. I'm about 50% wondering if some random other enemy of Julian planted the bomb.

12 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Okay, I'm still on my hiatus/need to catch up on the last two weeks, but this news about Morgan brought me out of hiding. I still can't fully enjoy it because I know Ava will get 100% of the blame and Sonny will skate entirely. But I'll enjoy knowing that Sonny has yet again caused one of his children to be hurt/die (not really sure what's going on exactly) due to his inane decision making.

I've missed you guys.

Scotty might get some of the blame too. :(

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

I didn't thought he was fine in yesterday's episode, but the preview . . . he blew up in front of you! 

Although I guess irritation makes sense, given Jason and Morgan have pretty much never spoken to each other.

Also pls comment on this cause I can't think of anything:

@MauriceBenard I know you will be amazing, you always are!!! I just don't want them to set Sonny on fire after all the work you've done.

MB - sometimes a character has to be sacrificed a little bit for the sake of great drama it's up to the actor to keep the integrity 

I just wasn't feeling BM/Jason at all in the episode or the preview. 

Mo is pretty much saying that Sonny did some crazy bullshit for dramatic purposes and it's up to him, the actor, to make the character continue to appear as the Sonny "we know and love." 

I think Sonny was ruined years and years ago and there was nothing he could do about it, but sure...

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Mo is pretty much saying that Sonny did some crazy bullshit for dramatic purposes and it's up to him, the actor, to make the character continue to appear as the Sonny "we know and love." 

Oh, I know that. I just couldn't think of anything appropriately scathing to say about the comment, heh. But I guess, what's he gonna say? "Yeah they burnt him down to the ground years ago but whattaya gonna do?"

Darn it. Can't MB at least go for a TG type of deal where he's only on for 6 months out of the year?

• Love 9

How exactly was this bomb rigged?  Don't most car bombs explode when the car is started?  And if it was set off by cell phone, wouldn't the bomber need to be nearby so that he'd know that he wasn't blowing up an empty car?  And how far would the range be?  Morgan drove for a long time.

Yeah, I know, Helena.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Oh, I know that. I just couldn't think of anything appropriately scathing to say about the comment, heh. But I guess, what's he gonna say? "Yeah they burnt him down to the ground years ago but whattaya gonna do?"

Darn it. Can't MB at least go for a TG type of deal where he's only on for 6 months out of the year?

Yes, the less Sonny, the better. I think Sonny represents what doesn't work about soap operas (for me). The fact that there isn't an ending until cancellation and that a lot of characters are doomed to basically repeat the same crap over and over again.

Or the character just becomes a tool to move along a specific plot and behaves in contradictory ways to make it work. This happens a lot on Frank's GH more than I've ever seen.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Artsda said:

This Morgan/bomb/Julian's car seems like a recycle of Kristina/bomb/Johnny's car. 

I would have issues with Monica (or any Qs) going to the home of AJ's murderer for Jason's wedding. At least without a gun too just go up and shoot Sonny and Carly dead. If Monica did that at the wedding, I would've been cool with the wedding venue.

• Love 3