Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

48 minutes ago, Badsamaritan said:

I believe she kicked them off along with her earrings. Pre-fight SOP. 

Does the show even realize, in their effort to prop Freako, that leaving Clark and Andy in the basement with a mummified Grams is NOT a good look for Liez? And having Freako be the one to say something about letting a traumatized NotDeadJake sing in front of a bunch of grown folks ALL BY HIS DAMN SELF was just the icing on the bad mother Liez cake. I don't understand why they're not even trying to redeem her and Prince Douchebag. They fucked up. Played God with people's lives. To have them still act like it's no big deal does neither any favors. I could've possibly started to like both of them if they showed any true remorse whatsoever. But that's par for the course nowadays I guess. Uncle Frank really is an incompetent asshat of the highest order, ain't he? 

Yes!  Her kid is freaking out and she's filming it lol.  Jason just had a duh look, like always.   Hold the door, Jace.   Only GF had the appropriate  reaction by cringing.   But I'd still redeem Liz because she shouldn't have been thrown under the bus to give Tin Man a heart on.  And BH is too awesome.   I heart her too much.  

Lol at Ava kicking those shoes off.  No fucks given.   I love her.  I don't  wanna.   

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

This opinion won't be popular, but it has to be said as part of the record. I didn't like the Ned/Emma number or the Freako/Jake non-song (seriously, neither can sing, and the music had no melody--just a series of chords that most amateur guitar players could perform and write). Neither act was cute or worth sentimental regard. 

Emma hit some painful cringeworthy notes, at times giving out a Jonbenet Ramsey vibe, and even Ned wasn't lip-syncing carefully. At past balls, an even younger Emma was dancing a version of the tango, which has a sexy reputation in the dance world. This year, she was asking rude questions a few hours earlier about the priest's romantic life. In short, IMO Emma is being rushed into womanhood when it's not likely that she's hit puberty.

At least some viewers were uncomfortable in the past when the show tried to make romantic quads and triangles out of the young prepubescent folk of Port Charles. Additionally, children don't belong at a sleazy, steamy, dim-to-dark gala like the Nurses' Ball, with booze flowing freely at the tables and women fighting in the powder room while male strippers undress in public on stage amid catcalls.

I agree with everything you said about some of the appropriateness of the children's dialogue and behavior (courtesy of the writers).  However, I have to admit that I loved seeing Ned and Emma performing together since they're two of my favorite characters who are no longer on, at least on a regular basis.  I do wish they hadn't put Emma in a pageant dress, strutting on top of a piano, but that's our PTB for you.  I did love Anna's and Robin's reactions, with Anna reaching across the table for Robin's hand, plus the happy tears.  It was all so natural.  I wonder if that was written in or Finola just spontaneously did that.

Edited by Ladyrain
grammar and spelling corrections
  • Love 4

I loved Emma and Ned's number the NB should have just stopped right there. Emma's pantsuit was adorable. I could have done without the dancing hearts and the song seemed a little too long.

A priest stripping...eeek did not like. truth be told I FF most of the MM stuff.

I will echo that who in their right mind puts their traumatized child on stage to sing a solo? If Jason wants to help Liz parent DNAJ then he should have been outraged he wasn't consulted about that plan. Forget about forgetting her other two children she looks bad enough with her parenting skill on the one. Allowing both a child and Franco to manipulate her this much truly makes her look terrible.

Carly and Ava's fight was funny. I don't think you truly could flush a flashdrive plus doesn't Ava know once something is in cyberspace it is NEVER gone. I just hope the end result is joint custody and Avery fades into story background....b/c hey now we have Sabrina and her giant baby for baby drama.RME

It's sad that the only Q at the ball was Dillion (Ned was never in the audience that I saw) When Lucy talked about the Qs and panned to Dillion I had to quick try to remember who he was.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Cattitude said:

Carly and Ava's fight was funny. I don't think you truly could flush a flashdrive plus doesn't Ava know once something is in cyberspace it is NEVER gone. I just hope the end result is joint custody and Avery fades into story background....

As if the show will let Carly and Sonny not have a full victory, i.e. full custody.  I was cheering Ava on yesterday and only wish instead of the flashdrive she had flushed Carly down the can.

• Love 13
10 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Franco has specifically harmed most of the people in this town and the bullshit, half-assed "redemption" RC gave him just made it worse.

To even begin a redemption arc, Franco has to save the entire town somehow, preferably by sacrificing himself. It's ridiculous that being nice to a disturbed child is all it takes.

12 hours ago, MissL said:

OH! And I just saw the scene where Jason talks to Liz about Franco and the "eventually were going to talk about that. OK?" Jason never talked to her like that. No matter how pissed he got he was never that disrespectful. Shut up Jakeson.

I have no problem with Jason hating Franco for the rest of their lives, but I do think the way he talks to Elizabeth about it only makes her dig her heels in harder. 

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

As if the show will let Carly and Sonny not have a full victory, i.e. full custody.  I was cheering Ava on yesterday and only wish instead of the flashdrive she had flushed Carly down the can.

That's a funny visual. As much as I like Sonny and loathe Ava even I know one truly isn't a better parent than the other. They should just have joint custody and not focus so much story on a child whom we don't even see half the time.

• Love 3

OH! And I just saw the scene where Jason talks to Liz about Franco and the "eventually were going to talk about that. OK?" Jason never talked to her like that. No matter how pissed he got he was never that disrespectful. Shut up Jakeson.

Shut up, indeed.  I get that this new version of Jason wants to actually parent that kid--with Liz's blessing--but if he's got his memory back then he should remember how he signed off on NOT being his father.  I don't give a fig about how much "pain"* that caused him, etc, it was what it was.  

*Crap, I just remembered Jason's box o'pain.  Hopefully Sam sold that at a garage sale.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Excuse me. I need to shower now, having defended Jason. Ick. Ptooey!

This is truly the worst part of this whole thing. Having to feel like Jason is right disgusts me.

10 hours ago, Lillybee said:

Was Val wearing her dead mom's wedding dress?

STOP!

26 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I have no problem with Jason hating Franco for the rest of their lives, but I do think the way he talks to Elizabeth about it only makes her dig her heels in harder. 

And I can understand that, but at the same time Liz needs to get some self-awareness. Like she needs to understand she did a really shitty thing to Jason and is now letting their child spend time with a man like Franco. She needs to suck it up and get a fucking clue already!

• Love 12
29 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

To even begin a redemption arc, Franco has to save the entire town somehow, preferably by sacrificing himself. It's ridiculous that being nice to a disturbed child is all it takes.

Given how Jason flaps his gums about talking to Jake together and then totally leaves Liz holding the bag?  I don't blame her for digging in her heels.  Comes from years of having to do it alone anyway.  I don't like Liz having to deal/prop up Franco either, but Jason can choke on his own tongue as well.  

Free Liz from both of them.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Cattitude said:

Carly and Ava's fight was funny. I don't think you truly could flush a flashdrive plus doesn't Ava know once something is in cyberspace it is NEVER gone. I just hope the end result is joint custody and Avery fades into story background....b/c hey now we have Sabrina and her giant baby for baby drama.RME

53 minutes ago, Cattitude said:

That's a funny visual. As much as I like Sonny and loathe Ava even I know one truly isn't a better parent than the other. They should just have joint custody and not focus so much story on a child whom we don't even see half the time.

I want Avery to go wherever Liez's other two kids are SO BAD. Or be kidnapped by aliens. Or die.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, teenj12 said:

Speaking on whoever is doing the killing at the hospital, I had the thought that Obretch is doing it to frame Finn. But perhaps Obretch and Finn are both too obvious?

I initially thought it was Obrecht too, and that's obviously what we're supposed to think since she was in the room with both of the first two patients and left the NB and was at the hospital when Lucas got it, but since she's looking into whether patients died on Finn's watch at his previous job, I don't think it's her. Someone here suggested it was Dr. Mayes, and that sounds about right. TPTB wanted to do a murder mystery, but didn't have the stones to have one of their regular murderers/psychopaths do it, so they do a few scenes with an unlikable character and then pin it on him. It reminds me of when AJ died the first time; initially, it was supposed to be Michael who'd killed him (and Michael was 9 or 10 at the time), but the audience pushed back so instead they made it some doctor we'd barely seen.

12 hours ago, teenj12 said:

I just hope Lucas ends up okay, because if there's anyone who doesn't deserved to be killed off, it's him.

I also hope Lucas doesn't die, but if he does, it could be good for Curtis. Lucas is Val's cousin and Monday is Memorial Day so, you know.

• Love 20
4 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

This opinion won't be popular, but it has to be said as part of the record. I didn't like the Ned/Emma number or the Freako/Jake non-song (seriously, neither can sing, and the music had no melody--just a series of chords that most amateur guitar players could perform and write). Neither act was cute or worth sentimental regard. 

Emma hit some painful cringeworthy notes, at times giving out a Jonbenet Ramsey vibe, and even Ned wasn't lip-syncing carefully. At past balls, an even younger Emma was dancing a version of the tango, which has a sexy reputation in the dance world. This year, she was asking rude questions a few hours earlier about the priest's romantic life. In short, IMO Emma is being rushed into womanhood when it's not likely that she's hit puberty.

At least some viewers were uncomfortable in the past when the show tried to make romantic quads and triangles out of the young prepubescent folk of Port Charles. Additionally, children don't belong at a sleazy, steamy, dim-to-dark gala like the Nurses' Ball, with booze flowing freely at the tables and women fighting in the powder room while male strippers undress in public on stage amid catcalls.

You're not alone, I said the same thing when the song started.  Not an appropriate song for a pre-teen to be signing with a grown man

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

I initially thought it was Obrecht too, and that's obviously what we're supposed to think since she was in the room with both of the first two patients and left the NB and was at the hospital when Lucas got it, but since she's looking into whether patients died on Finn's watch at his previous job, I don't think it's her. Someone here suggested it was Dr. Mayes, and that sounds about right. TPTB wanted to do a murder mystery, but didn't have the stones to have one of their regular murderers/psychopaths do it, so they do a few scenes with an unlikable character and then pin it on him. It reminds me of when AJ died the first time; initially, it was supposed to be Michael who'd killed him (and Michael was 9 or 10 at the time), but the audience pushed back so instead they made it some doctor we'd barely seen.

I also hope Lucas doesn't die, but if he does, it could be good for Curtis. Lucas is Val's cousin and Monday is Memorial Day so, you know.

I just died at this post for so many reasons.   Poor Curtis.   And poor Lucas.   And poor Brad.   I guess if Lucas dies,  he has to date Felix because the writers are lazy.  

Also, was anyone else half expecting at least a one-sided phone call from Britt before the wedding? I mean, Felix as Brad’s best man is fine and all, but we all know who his one and only true BFF is, and there is no way she wouldn’t at least be lurking somewhere in a trench coat, getting drunk in his honor during the show

This is another reason why it was a bad idea to send Britt to travel the world with friggin' Faison, because then it becomes awkward for her to just pop up back in town. "Hey Britt, still touring the world with your psychotic father?" Not that I am clamoring for Britt back, but the actress is available and they just made it awkward for themselves to write her back in for visits.

Of course, we already know they are experts at that.

• Love 4

I really don't see how Jason is being mean/rude/unfair to Liez. She's letting DNAJ hang out with a serial killer who kidnapped one of her other kids, and instead of taking her to court all Jason wants is for her to stop letting a serial killer get near DNAJ. And so what if he's *demanding* instead of asking her nicely? She's letting a motherfucking serial killer hang out with her child. Someone needs to call her out for this so it might as well be DNAJ's fake father. 

• Love 19

I think the problem with Emma, and also Spencer, is that Frank sees and treats these child actors as adults. Thus, it affects how their characters behave on-screen.

However, Emma/Ned was on the lower scale of inappropriate compared to Emma's scenes with Griffin, her behavior with Britt/Felix/Sabrina, and her love triangle with Spencer and Cameron.

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

I really don't see how Jason is being mean/rude/unfair to Liez. She's letting DNAJ hang out with a serial killer who kidnapped one of her other kids, and instead of taking her to court all Jason wants is for her to stop letting a serial killer get near DNAJ. And so what if he's *demanding* instead of asking her nicely? She's letting a motherfucking serial killer hang out with her child. Someone needs to call her out for this so it might as well be DNAJ's fake father. 

Because Liz has had reservations from the start regarding Franco, but gave in on the advice of Kevin and the other doctor.  She's been reluctant all along.  Jason throwing his attitude around when he's never been in those discussions from the start?  Again, he can choke on his tongue until he starts showing up to those discussions with the professionals about Franco.  Instead of spending all his time rutting in a barn somewhere or going down memory lane with those that "matter the most" to him.

• Love 6

I want to know why Liz can't have a normal love interest. Why is it always someone like Ric, Jason, Franco? Like, really. Give her someone that works at the hospital and, here's an IDEA, show: write at least ONE romantic pairing that isn't killing-related. I know it's hard, there there.

• Love 13

I want to know why Liz can't have a normal love interest. Why is it always someone like Ric, Jason, Franco? Like, really. Give her someone that works at the hospital

She was in love with Dr. Ewen(?) Sheep-herder and look how that turned out. 

• Love 2
(edited)
9 hours ago, ulkis said:

Jason is not going to give a damn whether a doctor says Franco is okay to hang out with people now though.

Nor shoulde he - hell, neither should Liz. Because Franco is s SERIAL KILLER who has undergone ZERO behavioral therapy after a lifetime of being a sociopath.  He was psychotically obsessed with Jason and is now disturbingly attached to Jason's son

Also, where is adorable Aiden? Did he go off to find Lucky?

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 13
2 minutes ago, ciarra said:

She was in love with Dr. Ewen(?) Sheep-herder and look how that turned out. 

Lol, I should have clarified. Someone who works at the hospital who isn't crazy. Which is my point. Why are all the men crazy? Liz has been on the show for like, 20 years. It's time for her to get a consistent love interest that's hers alone and who isn't psychotic.

• Love 4
(edited)
15 hours ago, MissL said:

To be fair, Liz has never lied to Jason about his entire life so she could hijack his choices before. They are not in the same place relationship-wise and it's not really out of character for Jason to react with anger to a perceived betrayal

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 11
19 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

To be fair, Liz has never lied to Jason about his entire life so she could hijack his choices before. They are not in the same place relationship-wise and it's not really out of character for Jason to react with anger to a perceived betrayal

And, also, SBu played Jason as way too soft sometimes towards Liz even when there was no reason to be like that.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Jason is not going to give a damn whether a doctor says Franco is okay to hang out with people now though.

He needs to put on his big boy shorts and deal with it.  I get the history and he has his right to his anger about Franco, but until the professionals say someone else is better suited for treating the son he supposedly loves/cares about?  He needs to put aside all his anger and focus on what's best for his son.  Is it crappy writing that both he and Liz have to deal with the terrible that is the Franco character?  You bet.  But the writers have dealt us this story line, in this fashion and the way they are going about it doesn't do Jason any favors.  So for as long as the writers choose this tact with writing for Jason?  I'll keep his sorry backside on blast.

• Love 3
(edited)
13 minutes ago, coffee drinker said:

He needs to put on his big boy shorts and deal with it.  I get the history and he has his right to his anger about Franco, but until the professionals say someone else is better suited for treating the son he supposedly loves/cares about?  He needs to put aside all his anger and focus on what's best for his son.  Is it crappy writing that both he and Liz have to deal with the terrible that is the Franco character?  You bet.  But the writers have dealt us this story line, in this fashion and the way they are going about it doesn't do Jason any favors.  So for as long as the writers choose this tact with writing for Jason?  I'll keep his sorry backside on blast.

I think, unfortunately, having Liz side with the serial killer is the one not being done any favors. And it sucks. Plus, did anyone besides Franco say Franco was the best therapist for Jake? Serious question, I could have missed a couple of scenes.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 7
30 minutes ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Poor Liz.   All her romantic interests are obsessed with someone else.  Ric was obsessed with Sonny, Jason was in love with Sam.  Nik was in love with Emily.  Now Franco is obsessed with Jason.   Well, was.  Sigh.   

Not true. Lucky loved her. And she treated him like sloppy seconds because the man she REALLY wanted (Borg) was elsewhere. She really shit all over him between Jason and then screwing his own BROTHER.

So I can't feel for poor loveless Liz who wants a man only until a better one walks by.

• Love 15
37 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

And, also, SBu played Jason as way too soft sometimes towards Liz even when there was no reason to be like that.

Like when he didn't even wave around his gun once after he found out she altered Danny DNA tests.

6 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Not true. Lucky loved her. And she treated him like sloppy seconds because the man she REALLY wanted (Borg) was elsewhere. She really shit all over him between Jason and then screwing his own BROTHER.

So I can't feel for poor loveless Liz who wants a man only until a better one walks by.

And a year ago Ric was desperate to be with her and look what happend with that. 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Lucky was a damn mess the second he was recast. He wasn't some perfect dude, I'll just leave it at that.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Lucky was a damn mess the second he was recast. He wasn't some perfect dude, I'll just leave it at that.

Perfect? Of course not. Especially when he had to become a drug-addicted sad sack so Jason could save the day and his own wife could go back to eyeing him.

But he NEVER deserved what he got. And before anyone brings up Lucky/Maxie, Liz was emotionally cheating long BEFORE that, shredding PCPD files for Jason and letting Sam get the blame.

So I stand by my first post. If Liz has no love, she needs to look in the mirror if she wants to know why.

IMHO, that is.

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I think, unfortunately, having Liz side with the serial killer is the one not being done any favors. And it sucks. Plus, did anyone besides Franco say Franco was the best therapist for Jake? Serious question, I could have missed a couple of scenes.

Kevin and a woman doctor who examined Jake.  They both said that Franco seemed to be making progress with the boy in the art therapy.  Liz was reluctant to take their advice but did so, in the end.  Jason apparently had somewhere else to be at the time, some ex-wife to diddle in a barn, etc.  Jason has no clue about how she's been hesitant to have Jake involved with Franco.  Jason's brow beating her from his own seat of anger over what Franco did to him and the pitiful ex-wife.  He's completely ignoring his son's feelings, which totally override whatever Jason's feelings are at this point.  When it comes to Jake.  Jason's the adult, but behaves like a tool when he can't get his way with Liz.  Like he thinks she doesn't have a clue about Franco.  She does.  It's been shown on screen.  

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Perfect? Of course not. Especially when he had to become a drug-addicted sad sack so Jason could save the day and his own wife could go back to eyeing him.

But he NEVER deserved what he got. And before anyone brings up Lucky/Maxie, Liz was emotionally cheating long BEFORE that, shredding PCPD files for Jason and letting Sam get the blame.

So I stand by my first post. If Liz has no love, she needs to look in the mirror if she wants to know why.

IMHO, that is.

Liz is not the sole reason her relationship with Lucky didn't work out. So we can agree to disagree.

• Love 3

Liz's relationship didn't work out mostly because of the meta reason that they were never serious about a pairing for her after JJ left. Ric was never gonna be more than a Sonny plot device to Guza, and Liz was never gonna be important enough to Guza to permanently pair with Jason.

But yeah in show Lucky had some issues as well.

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

IMHO, that is.

Lucky has been a raging, self-centered douche since he was a teen, in my eyes.  It started way before 2006-07.  

• Love 5
(edited)

I was working up a head of steam about fuckin' Sabrina showing up at the ball and singing her fuckin' song, but then she got her ass arrested for aiding and abetting Carrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlos.  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Go Jordan, it's your birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 17
3 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I was working up a head of steam about fuckin' Sabrina showing up at the ball and singing her fuckin' song, but then she got her ass arrested for aiding and abetting Carrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlos.  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Silver linings. YAY!

• Love 4

I'm glad Lucy didn't end up in her underwear. Unless she had done it on purpose.

My friend's opinion on the Magic Milo number this year:

the Magic Milo routine was infinitely better this year with the lack of Michael. He's always so doughy looking next to the rest. And pasty.

I decided obviously she forgot Spinelli was in the first one, but I've decided to be kind and not unblock that memory.

• Love 5

How weird that Kevin and Laura showed up at the Nurses' Ball and there was no drama with Lucy.  Hell, Lucy didn't even end up in her underwear, right?

Awww, Robin!  Thank gawd Sonny and Carly (rudely) went home early so there were no cuts to him during her speech.

Cute first kiss between Dillon and Kiki.  Choke on it, Morgan.

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Go Jordan, it's your birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jordan hates Sabrina and that damn song as much as we do.  Sabrina knew she was a wanted criminal.  Why would she show up to sing in the spotlight instead of spending time with the kid she was just separated from?

• Love 12
(edited)
7 minutes ago, aw86 said:

Jordan hates Sabrina and that damn song as much as we do.  Sabrina knew she was a wanted criminal.  Why would she show up to sing in the spotlight instead of spending time with the kid she was just separated from?

For real!  Wouldn't any normal person rush immediately to their child?  And now she can't go see him because she's BEEN ARRESTED YAY!!!!!!!!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, aw86 said:

It was SO dumb. Like, I cannot. 

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Ugh. UGH. Of COURSE, show. You just couldn't fucking help yourself.

I like Sabrina, but seriously, how has the show convinced itself this is a necessary NB tradition now? It's not. It is a decent set up for having Sabrina arrested but they probably would have had her sing it no matter what her story was.

• Love 7

I do love that Jason STAYED at the NB, while Liz took Jake home. Grinning and clapping and watching frivolous stuff, hanging around because why? Why go with Liz to look after Jake? Why not take Jake home and give Liz a night off?  Noooooooo.

When Jason does leave the NB? It's to go confront Nikolas at Wyndemere.

Jason is all bluster and smug and bellowing when it comes to Jake's welfare, and yet, when it comes to actually being PRESENT in Jake's life and helping Jake and being involved in making decisions and such, he always has something better to do. Like go yell at Nikolas for suing him.

• Love 13