Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

So if Sabrina moves in with Michael, where will they live;the Q manse, Casa Corinthos or Michael's old apartment with the soiled couch?

I was wondering that, too. I guess Michael still lives at the Q mansion. He should really be kicked out though. Stupid little shit that he is.

I can't really tell exactly where they're going with Sabrina's baby. I can't tell if they're outright saying it's Carlos' or if they're going for WTD. And either way they're gonna have to retcon the timeline to make it work. GAH why do this it's so stupid.

• Love 1

Looks like I need to post my Go, Ned! comments in the UO thread. I don't blame him for bailing. Everything he told Olivia—he'd soon be living to service the lie—was entirely true. But then, this is one of my rage-blackout stories, so the less of it I have to watch, the better.

I too was happy Ned got to drop Olivia, even though this was of course all in service of Wally Kurth being off the show.  Although I feel like I would have liked it more if it had been pitched as, "I have sacrificed a lot for this secret already, but now you want to set up shop in the same town as the bio daddy you're terrified will find out the truth?  That's a ridiculous step too far."

• Love 5

So if Sabrina moves in with Michael, where will they live;the Q manse, Casa Corinthos or Michael's old apartment with the soiled couch?

Hasn't the CDC secured that couch to study it yet? 

• Love 5

There is no way 25-year-old Darby is in any classes with 18-year-old Molly. Darby is pretty but if she's set her sights on Morgan, she needs to be checked for brain damage.

College is a whole different animal than high school.  I finished my degree in my 50's (my company paid tuition and books 100%, my choice of studies, so I worked full time and went back to school to study 3D art and film).  My classes were composed of gamer boys and girls in their late teens and twenties and a handful of old fucks like me who also worked for the same company, and who were also taking advantage of that wonderful (and now very, very defunct) plan.  It was .... interesting .... to say the least, especially when we did randomly assigned group projects. I don't ever remember being that young.

Have not watched in a couple months but plan on holding my nose today and watching for Kevin.

Edited by Reo
  • Love 1

Honestly, when I wasn't disliking Olivia, I was forgetting she existed. That's problem #1 that I hope the new writers can fix: forgettable characters who all(well, almost all) blend together in one ugly messy boring blob of a show. Not saying every character needs to be a "type", but they do need to be distinct from one another.

• Love 1

Especially because now what the hell are they going to do with Olivia.  There's no one to pair her with and the baby secret seems like it's not too long for this world.  And then what?  Yet another custody battle?  Or Olivia chiming in from the sidelines once the Dante/Valerie reveal happens?

Sadly, I can see the break-up as just one other lame ass way for Dante to keep his stupid mouth shut about his own infidelity. Olivia comes in, cries about her latest break-up, and then says at least Dante and Lulu are happy and Dante looks shifty. Some more. They REALLY should have had Olivia and Ned go off together, after revealing the paternity or miracle changing it to someone else's baby, not even necessarily Ned's. Just . . . anyone.

• Love 1

This whole "Julian is an EVIL MOBSTER whose children must be protected from him" narrative running concurrent with "Sonny is a SWEETHEART MOBSTER who is the best father in the land!" just makes me sick and makes me #teamjulian.  It's GH hypocrisy at its worst.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 17

I really wanted Alexis to throw TJ's living arrangements in Molly's face—especially since he was KIDNAPPED because of it—but it never makes any difference. Sonny and everything about his life is always better. And, to be fair, Molly isn't happy that TJ is living with Sonny. But if she wants Alexis to break up with Julian, she shouldn't expect to stay with TJ.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 6

This whole "Julian is an EVIL MOBSTER whose children must be protected from him" narrative running concurrent with "Sonny is a SWEETHEART MOBSTER who is the best father in the land!" just makes me sick and makes me #teamjulian.  It's GH hypocrisy at its worst.

I don't think Julian is supposed to be evil now though. He's being unfairly prosecuted; the truth will be outed and if he necessarily won't get a sorry out of anyone, he'll be vindicated. To me, it doesn't have the same "evil mobster" tone that Julian was getting in 2013. Now he's just Alexis' harmless little-bit-older-than-boytoy.

• Love 3

I don't think Julian is supposed to be evil now though. He's being unfairly prosecuted; the truth will be outed and if he necessarily won't get a sorry out of anyone, he'll be vindicated. To me, it doesn't have the same "evil mobster" tone that Julian was getting in 2013. Now he's just Alexis' harmless little-bit-older-than-boytoy.

But Ned even pointed out yesterday that Julian was exonerated for shooting Sonny and Olivia was all, "So?  EVIL!".  And yet she was all "It's about time!" when Sonny got Avery back.  She needs to take several seats.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 10

One of my greatest fears is that these writers won't be able to resist having Liez Kerrigan getting pregnant again.

I would think that one of the few good things about resurrecting PoorDeadJake, aside from the unintentional hilarity of his young serial killer vibe, is that Liz won't get pregnant again

Although I do wish AJ was around. I wasn't terribly interested in Nurse Liz saving AJ but two screwed up people falling in love while trying to help each other cope with the fallout from their fuck ups? That's one of my favorite soap tropes

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 6

But Ned even pointed out yesterday that Julian was exonerated for shooting Sonny and Olivia was all, "So?  EVIL!".  

I think that was just Olivia panicking and trying to justify herself. She wants to have her cake and eat it too and Ned wasn't having it.

And yet she was all "It's about time!" when Sonny got Avery back.  She needs to take several seats.

Yeah, but that was in regards to Ava, not Julian. Now Ava is definitely getting the evil mobster edit. (Well . . . kinda, given Paul is a) blackmailing her and b) she's gotten a lot of "look! she's vulnerable!" moment with Avery and Kiki.) 

• Love 1

Yeah, but that was in regards to Ava, not Julian. Now Ava is definitely getting the evil mobster edit. (Well . . . kinda, given Paul is a) blackmailing her and b) she's gotten a lot of "look! she's vulnerable!" moment with Avery and Kiki.) 

I was referring to when Michael returned Avery to Sonny, Olivia was very pleased that that occurred.

One of my greatest fears is that these writers won't be able to resist having Liez Kerrigan getting pregnant again.

They did resist making Valerie pregnant (and possibly reversed Ron's course by not making her pregnant), which I'm still happily shocked about.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

I think that was just Olivia panicking and trying to justify herself. She wants to have her cake and eat it too and Ned wasn't having it.

I could buy, too, that she's so far deep in this now that she has to keep telling herself Julian is evil, otherwise, she has to own up a really big fuck up/lie on her part.  There is really no graceful way out of this for her. 

• Love 5

I think Olivia just really wants someone else to make this decision for her and take it out of her hands, so if she gets angry at Alexis I'll cry bullshit on her part. I think she really wants Dante, Ned, anyone, to say to her "you're doing the right thing" or "if you don't tell, I will" but they are refusing to take the decision from her.

• Love 2
I think she really wants Dante, Ned, anyone, to say to her "you're doing the right thing" or "if you don't tell, I will" but they are refusing to take the decision from her.

Good for them. It's Olivia's mess, she needs to clean it up. But I'm sure Alexis will be the one to spill the beans, since she stole the baby's pacifier at the MetroCourt the other day.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4

KEVIN!!!!  Seeing him again - and in scenes with Finola Hughes and not Morgan or RoboJake - was excellent, even if he's just here as a sounding board to get some of these stories moving.

Dillon acting like he has a moral high ground over Dante...hey Dillon, remember when you cheated on your wife slash longtime girlfriend, with the woman you're super in love with now for....reasons?

I thought Sonny was trying to weasel his way into a rehab center ahead of people who weren't paralyzed because they're whiny mobsters.  So why are they talking about him going home at all?

Who were those two dudes in scenes with Julian and Alexis?  Bill and Larry?  Bob and Lars?

Uh oh...Dillon wants to show footage from the movie at the fundraiser.  We all know what that means!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

Oh... that's unfortunate. "Dar" makes me think of Erika Moen's autobiographical web-comic that she maintained for a number of years. She called it 'Dar!' because that's the noise she made when she tripped or fucked up or whatever. It was her version of 'Duh!' or 'D'oh!' and... seriously... who the hell shortens Darby to 'Dar' anyway?!

This show strikes me as monumentally insipid.

Loved that comic! I shall refer to Darby as "Terence Trent" instead. Edited by lizzbert
  • Love 2

I feel like today was the first day in a long time Lulu was being written like herself instead of Generic Heroine. Probably since the Canadian "adventure" actually. Since then she's had to play Idiotic Generic Heroine who Isn't Suspicious of Anything Because That Supposedly Ups the Dramatic Stakes Somehow. I also appreciate that she was working and shown discussing business.

Sexy Bathtimes is the perfect place to read the results of a DNA test. And making a kind of orgasm face right when opening the letter was kinda weird.

I don't know what Patrick said to Sonny because I skipped those scenes, but I'm sure whatever he said didn't warrant Carly's snotty "coddle my murderer husband!" bullshit. 

Let me guess what Brad's crime was: a murder in memphis!

Edited by ulkikis
  • Love 2

The show will be cancelled before this stupid Rosalie and Brad shit is ever resolved. 

I was shocked the show remembered Brad/Lucas and this story existed.

I wasn't shocked that Brad was YET AGAIN interrupted before he could actually deliver dialogue that moved the story forward.

• Love 7

I don't know what Patrick said to Sonny because I skipped those scenes, but I'm sure whatever he said didn't warrant Carly's snotty "coddle my murderer husband!" bullshit.

Go back and watch it.  It was quite a pretty smackdown from Patrick that just because Sonny wants to get up and be all better doesn't make it so.  He really laid down the law and Sonny just had to sit there and take it.  

• Love 6

Go back and watch it.  It was quite a pretty smackdown from Patrick that just because Sonny wants to get up and be all better doesn't make it so.  He really laid down the law and Sonny just had to sit there and take it.  

Nice! for two reasons - Sonny smackdown and some Patrick with a personality.

• Love 7

Honestly, when I wasn't disliking Olivia, I was forgetting she existed. That's problem #1 that I hope the new writers can fix: forgettable characters who all(well, almost all) blend together in one ugly messy boring blob of a show. Not saying every character needs to be a "type", but they do need to be distinct from one another.

Yes, a thousand times yes.  The worst part of this show is that the characters all seem to share the same weird belief systems with little variation and no questioning of the party line, which is why we get the Sonny Tongue-bath Society and the Church of the Holy Hitman.  And so on.  The people of PC don't really seem all that different from each other.  Granted, they have more reason than most to be a little mentally unhinged since they DO live in Port Charles.    Certainly the bar on which bad behavior is measured is quite high.

But at least go for a little logic and variety, show.   I'm glad Dillon has a movie, even if it's crappy - and you know, in real life, it usually is.  And frequently small productions do feature inappropriate backstage behavior among the cast and crew.  At least it has the potential to be entertaining.  And is way more interesting than the cartel of Doom.

And Kevin!  At last someone is admitting the PC bullshit is driving them literally crazy.  It even forced Anna to hallucinate shooting a (not) innocent man for a crime he committed, so she haz the guilts, when she should really feel guilty about abandoning her daughter to maniacs.  Therapy!  Therapy for everyone!  It's the only solution!  (Especially if Doc saves the day....)

<coughs>  Sorry.  Carried away.  

Edited by Reo
  • Love 5

Good for them. It's Olivia's mess, she needs to clean it up. But I'm sure Alexis will be the one to spill the beans, since she stole the baby's pacifier at the MetroCourt the other day.

Of course Alexis will spill the beans.  It's not like she can understand wanting to keep a baby secret from the mobster bio-father...

• Love 3

I actually don't think Alexis will.  She'll go to Olivia, Olivia will beg her to keep quiet (throwing Kristina in Alexis' face), and Alexis will go along with it.  And then her knowing and not saying will be angst/breakup fodder for her and Julian down the road.

• Love 3

Patrick got to use and remember a glimmer of the real him today? I thought I saw a flying pig go past my window!

• Love 2

Especially because now what the hell are they going to do with Olivia.  There's no one to pair her with and the baby secret seems like it's not too long for this world.  And then what?  Yet another custody battle?  Or Olivia chiming in from the sidelines once the Dante/Valerie reveal happens?

Oh, there's always an Alexis/Julian/Olivia triangle to be had. Riveting stuff.

I feel like today was the first day in a long time Lulu was being written like herself instead of Generic Heroine.

I agree. I loved her today. More of this Lulu please!

My sister watched with me today. Her best comment, in regards to Maxie, "Why is she acting like a baby?" I laughed for a solid minute.

I liked today tbh. I don't have much to say about it though.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4

I actually don't think Alexis will. She'll go to Olivia, Olivia will beg her to keep quiet (throwing Kristina in Alexis' face), and Alexis will go along with it. And then her knowing and not saying will be angst/breakup fodder for her and Julian down the road.

As much as I hate Julian with the heat of 10,000 nuns, I will have some smug satisfaction if Julian is the one who gets to be sanctimonious and dump Alexis for keeping this secret. I can only imagine NLG's twitter then. Stay positive there, Nancy. Remember your promise to stay positive!

• Love 1

My sister watched with me today. Her best comment, in regards to Maxie, "Why is she acting like a baby?" I laughed for a solid minute.

Perfect summation of Maxie by your sister!

• Love 2

I had literally forgotten that Rosalie even existed.

As you should. I wish the show would forget Rosalie and Brad exist. Lucas can start dating *inset name* because reasons and we can pretend like this never happened because Helena. 

FH and JL >> LLC rocking that dress > suds-covered Alexis >= the rest of today's episode.

The ep itself was largely paint-by-numbers, if in an ordinary way.  Olivia suspects Dante's hiding something, which he is...check.  Dillon and Maxie and Lulu blah blah blah footage from his movie at the Haunted Star's Halloween party, which means Andy the Intern's got to somehow out Dante and Valerie's ONS...check.  Sonny's stuck in a wheelchair for however long, which gives the show time to throw everybody except perhaps Patrick on his jock...check.  Julian's surprise gift for Alexis might have been the one thing that skewed the curve, since it also resolved the "mystery calls" thing (though I wonder if that was a gift of sorts from the incoming writing regime), but it was still a long way behind Anna's mini-freakout over all things Carlos.

• Love 1

in regards to Maxie, "Why is she acting like a baby?" I laughed for a solid minute.

Because RC decided to remove every bit of intelligence, ambition and self-awareness the character ever had so she'd be a good match for the Plywood that walks like a man

• Love 3
Julian's surprise gift for Alexis might have been the one thing that skewed the curve, since it also resolved the "mystery calls"

I'm pretty sure it was ulkikis who predicted Julian was on the phone with Edible Arrangements.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3