Type keyword(s) to search

Caitlyn Jenner: Call Me Caitlyn

• Start Topic

Prediction: Rose McGowan is about to get crucified/slammed by people en masse.  Why?

Rose McGowan hits out at Caitlyn Jenner: "You do not understand what being a woman is about"​
Jenner previously said the hardest part is "figuring out what to wear".

Jenner: (to Buzzfeed, specifically on the topic of her Glamour's Woman of the Year award)

"The hardest part about being a woman is figuring out what to wear," Jenner said. "I think as far as gender, we're all on a journey. We're all learning and growing about ourselves. And I feel the same way."

In fact Rose must know how (currently societally) dangerous the ground she was treading was. She posted her criticism on Facebook... then deleted it.

McGowan (temporarily, via Facebook):

"Caitlyn Jenner, you do not understand what being a woman is about at all," she said. "You want to be a woman and stand with us - well, learn us.

"We are more than deciding what to wear. We are more than the stereotypes foisted upon us by people like you. You're a woman now? Well, f**king learn that we have had a VERY different experience than your life of male privilege.

"Woman of the year? No, not until you wake up and join the fight. Being a woman comes with a lot of baggage. The weight of unequal history. You'd do well to learn to it. You'd do well to wake up. Woman of the year? Not by a long f**king shot."

Common sense must have prevailed (that truth telling in this case meant being pilloried because she was "attacking" a sacred cow).  So bye-bye Facebook Post O' Truthiness.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 3

I got a different impression.   I think he was angered that the honor his deceased wife received was diminished by Glamour handing the same award to someone who has done absolutely nothing except parade around in designer clothes, pose for pictures, and improve her own net worth.

The undertone of transphobia -- which I don't see as transphobia but rather as him expressing a viewpoint many people hold, a viewpoint I believe they're entitled to hold AND express -- sounded to me more like a by-product of his overall anger at the situation.

While I'm on the topic, why is disagreement immediately interpreted as phobic?   People can have a legitimate dislike about anything without it necessarily being related to fear.    There are many aspects of life that I don't like -- does that mean I have a phobia of them all?   Or any of them?   Of course not.   Why discount the possibility that people can look at a situation like this and decide for themselves whether they like it or not without fear ever entering the equation?

I do see your point and agree that Caitlyn's name on the Women of the Year list would appear to minimize his late wife's honor in his eyes. However, I still think there's an element of transphobia in it due to his unwillingness to even accept Caitlyn as a woman. He refers to her as "him" and "Bruce" throughout the quote I read and to me that's a pretty big red flag that it's more than a personality dislike and indicates his disapproval of transgenderism in general.

I think Kromm's post really illustrates your final point: Rose McGowan calls out Caitlyn on a mind-numbingly stupid statement on the difficulty of being a woman and has to walk away from it because she's going to be labeled as a hater or whatever. It's ridiculous. Perhaps picking out what to wear is Jenner's greatest challenge as a woman (and I think that's probably true for her) but she has no idea what it's like in the real world for the rest of us. She's never been paid less because of her gender. She's never been harassed or stalked or threatened by a man. She hasn't been considered basically useless because she had the audacity to age. Rose McGowan just stated what most women know and the sacred cow really shot herself in the hoof with that statement, in my opinion.

My hope is that as Caitlyn continues to make these stupid pronouncements she'll be seen for the vapid cow she is and that the shine will start to dull and media outlets won't be in such a rush to laud her "accomplishments." Honestly, statements like that really make me wonder if she is transgender or simply was more into cross-dressing (and I'm sure that's not a pc statement, but frankly, I don't see much of anything else that suggests to me that she's really embracing being a woman. If she doesn't understand that it's beyond hair, makeup and clothes, than I have a hard time accepting her as transgender.)

• Love 8

Refusing to talk to her two youngest daughters because they chose to have dinner with their mother instead of her isn't going to win over a lot of people.

The bit in the bubble bath and breezing in to the dinner late with the excuse that it's a "woman's" prerogative to be late, especially after lecturing the kids that being late is a sign that you don't care, won't help either.

• Love 2

US Magazine had a few more details on what McGowan posted. Admittedly it was not gentle...

McGowan also posted several graphic memes that featured Jenner's quote. Some of the photos included a woman getting raped, being followed home late at night, and a woman in the hospital after giving birth. One that particularly stood out was O.J. Simpson's late wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, covered in bruises. (Jenner's ex-wife Kris Jenner was best friends with the model-actress.)

She also later amended her original post with this:

"Let me amend this by saying I'm happy for what she's doing visibility wise for the trans community, and I'm happy she's living her truth, but comments like hers have consequences for other women," Rowan added via Facebook. "How we are perceived, what our values are, and leads to more stereotyping. If you know you are going to be speaking to media about being a woman, maybe come to understand our struggles."

But then later took it all down.

And lookie. Already she's had to defend herself against the inevitable accusations. With even more follow up posts (tweets):

Billboard: Rose McGowan Defends Herself After Caitlyn Jenner Comments: 'I Am Not Transphobic'

ogPdtP3.jpg

Because you know... of course she had to (pointing to sacred cow).

• Love 1

I do see your point and agree that Caitlyn's name on the Women of the Year list would appear to minimize his late wife's honor in his eyes. However, I still think there's an element of transphobia in it due to his unwillingness to even accept Caitlyn as a woman. He refers to her as "him" and "Bruce" throughout the quote I read and to me that's a pretty big red flag that it's more than a personality dislike and indicates his disapproval of transgenderism in general.

Why do you insist on labeling it as transphobic?   Why discount the possibility that this man arrived at his own conclusions of what constitutes a man or a woman based upon his education, knowledge, experience, tradition, etc?  Instead, you chalk it up to phobia, or fear.   This guy's wife was a cop in New York City.   She died in 9/11.  Given the magnitude of the tragedy and the pain he has had to live with these past 14 years,  I doubt that he is phobic about Caitlyn Jenner -- or anyone else for that matter. 

I would agree that his words express disapproval.   But disapproval does not automatically translate to transphobia.   And the last time I checked, disapproval was still allowed in America.

"Transphobia" is this catch-all phrase the PC crowd uses to discredit opinions it doesn't like.   It's lazy.  It absolves the person shouting "transphobia" of all responsibility to rebut unpopular opinions with a reasoned response.   And it's insidious because at the same time it vilifies the target.  "Transphobia" announces to the world, this person isn't just wrong in what he says, there's a problem with his personality too.

It's all so ugly.   I hate it.   In my opinion, it's just intolerance masquerading as the greater good.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 4

Prediction: Rose McGowan is about to get crucified/slammed by people en masse.  Why?

Rose McGowan hits out at Caitlyn Jenner: "You do not understand what being a woman is about"​

Jenner previously said the hardest part is "figuring out what to wear".

Jenner: (to Buzzfeed, specifically on the topic of her Glamour's Woman of the Year award)

In fact Rose must know how (currently societally) dangerous the ground she was treading was. She posted her criticism on Facebook... then deleted it.

McGowan (temporarily, via Facebook):

Common sense must have prevailed (that truth telling in this case meant being pilloried because she was "attacking" a sacred cow).  So bye-bye Facebook Post O' Truthiness.

I agree with Rose McGowan 100%.   Jenner doesn't understand what it is to be a woman.  She can't.  She wasn't born a woman, she wasn't raised a woman, she didn't go through puberty as a woman, she didn't spend her adult life living, working, loving as a woman.   Her biology is fundamentally and immutably different from someone who was born female.   Her emotions, instincts and thought patterns were shaped by male biology and hormones and reinforced by decades of acculturation as a male -- not only as a male, but a world-renowned Olympic super-man (a role that didn't seem to bother her too much when she was making a boatload of money from it).

Even if Jenner lives the rest of her days as a woman, she can never fully understand the female experience.   That door is closed to her, always has been and always will be.  Her biology bars the way.    She may believe that she feels like a woman, but what she truly feels is a male's preconceived notion of how a woman must feel.   She flatters herself that the same things running through her head (like, the hardest part of being a woman is deciding what to wear) are the same things running through other women's heads but that delusion couldn't be further from the truth.   The reality is, no one born male -- myself included -- can ever truly understand what a cis-gendered woman actually feels, and it's arrogant and disrespectful to insist otherwise. 

She assumed the role of a woman in society less than a year ago.   She really ought to keep her mouth shut about such things.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 13

I came across this article, it seems to have nailed many of the criticisms of Caitlyn. She's even more self absorbed than she was pre-transition and now she's speaking for an entire community without considering her place of privledge.

http://www.marieclaire.com/celebrity/a17447/caitlyn-jenner-time-magazine-transphobia/

The "man in a dress" remark is deliciously ironic, coming from a person whose masculine features are still immediately apparent.

Like a narcissistic crossdresser mesmerized by her reflection, Jenner has lost sight of her own shortcomings. 

She advocates for "authenticity" in transgender people, evidently regarding herself as a paragon of managed femininity, but every time she opens her mouth an unmistakably male voice escapes (along with hurtful, thoughtless remarks).     But I guess an old man voice is okay as long as one is "authentic" in photographs.   If you look "authentic" in professionally posed, photoshopped images, what does it matter that your voice, your diction, your comportment, your gait, your insensitivity, your everything-else screams "man in a dress?"

What a great position to be in.   She can sit there and pontificate about the importance of being "authentic" knowing that the media is too polite or too afraid to point out her hypocrisy or her own glaring flaws.

Just when I think I can't disapprove of this person more, Jenner finds a way.

As a transgender person, I disavow Jenner as any kind of "champion" or "activist" for me or people like me.   I wish she had never happened.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 8

I once had a friend who was always very quiet - shy, a little anxious about being center of attention, and I hate to say it, she didn't have much of a backbone.  And on top of that she was stubborn.  As we grew up and were well into our 20s, she found her voice, but...then she said whatever the heck she wanted to say however she wanted to say it, with little regard to the person she was talking to.  Especially if she felt like she was the wronged party.  I long held the theory that because for so long she never really spoke up before, that once she did, she just felt like she could say what she wanted, that she had earned her right to do so, or something like that.  She alienated a LOT of people that way because she her stubborness, combined with her "I'm just going to say whatever I think!" attitude become really unlikeable because it was at the expense of other people.  Somewhere she didn't learn the tact and art that comes with adversity in conversation.  Caitlyn reminds me a lot of her.  Spent YEARS being quiet, spent years not really being herself, spent years being perceived has a doormat.  I think that now she's HER, she can just talk and be whoever she wants.  In a perfect world, sure you should be able to say whatever.  But sorry, Caitlyn, how you talk to other people matters.  It's not as simple as "If I want to be authentic to myself..."  That's just code for being thoughtless.  And quite frankly, it's manipulative as shit.  

In these episodes with Caitlyn, I feel bad for KRIS.  I'm not sure how that happened, I'm supposed to feel bad for Caitlyn.  As somebody said, she was likeable in the Diane Sawyer interview.  But now...yikes.  She's kind of appalling.

• Love 2

As somebody said, she was likeable in the Diane Sawyer interview.  But now...yikes.  She's kind of appalling.

The Sawyer interview was marketing and promotion.

IMHO, she's a misogynist down deep.   Ordinary women don't measure up.  Only women who were born male  have credibility and worth in her eyes.   

Edited by millennium
  • Love 1

I think Caitlyn really would've benefited from having to live as a woman pre-op for a year plus. She would've experienced first hand the discrimination and double takes from strangers that non famous trans people experience. Caitlyn just emerged one day with a new veneer, a ton of sycophantic press, and the incredible advantage of the entire population being informed beforehand of what her story is. No matter where she is, no one looks at her and narrows their eyes like they're trying to figure out if she was born a man

• Love 5
How Long Will It Take for Caitlyn Jenner to Finish “Learning?"

By J. Bryan Lowder

When I argued for the need to critique Caitlyn Jenner’s harmful statements with regard to trans and wider LGBTQ activism back in September, I was writing from a place of curiosity as much as defensiveness. How could it be, I wondered, that a woman who is surely surrounded by assistants and public relations professionals on a daily basis, a woman who so carefully controlled the roll-out and monetization of her trans identity, regularly finds herself saying stupid things for which she must later issue heartfelt apologies? How could someone with access to all the resources in the world—including, especially, message-crafters and educators—be so perennially needful of penitent blog posts and contrite promises of further “learning” and “growth”?

Back then, I was willing to consider the notion that coming out is hard, coming out into activism harder, and that we all make mistakes. Who knows? Maybe Jenner just had a mental slip when she didn’t recognize the bitter irony of expressing doubts about same-sex marriage while asking for dignity for herself on Ellen. Or maybe the PR flacks were enjoying themselves at the driving range when she prattled on to Matt Lauer about being chill compared with the annoying pronoun-policing of “the community.” But with Jenner in the news for a fresh set of arguably even more ridiculous comments, I’m done. There are two possibilities here: Either Jenner’s cycle of gaffe and apology is a calculated strategy for staying in the news via some kind of perverse, pseudo-athletic narrative of failure and comeback—or she’s really too ignorant to merit any attention as a serious advocate for queer causes.

That’s a harsh thing to say. But Jenner’s actions are worse. Here’s what she actually said in a recent Time magazine interview, on the occasion of being included in the “Person of the Year” issue:

"One thing that has always been important for me, and it may seem very self-absorbed or whatever, is first of all your presentation of who you are. I think it’s much easier for a trans woman or a trans man who authentically kind of looks and plays the role. So what I call my presentation. I try to take that seriously. I think it puts people at ease. If you’re out there and, to be honest with you, if you look like a man in a dress, it makes people uncomfortable. So the first thing I can do is try to present myself well. I want to dress well. I want to look good." [Emphasis added.]

Jenner may be “stunning,” as the South Park guys put it in a recent episode, but these words prove she is not “brave.”  Throwing the entire subset of trans individuals who, for whatever reason, cannot or do not want to pass as cisgender under the bus and playing into one of the most damaging stereotypes plaguing trans women (see the anti-HERO campaign in Houston) is not brave. It is gross.

And then there’s the breathtaking tone-deafness on display in Jenner’s stating in a recent video on the state of trans rights with U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Samantha Power that, “I’m pretty comfortable with the issues here in the United States.” Comfortable­—in a year darkened by a terrifying rash of murders of trans women and by incredibly effective political campaigns premised on the outright lie that trans people want to rape your kid in the bathroom. And finally, we have Jenner’s reaffirmed commitment to voting GOP in 2016—a party in which there is currently no candidate that a self-respecting LGBTQ person could imagine endorsing and still be considered sane.

In response to criticisms of these comments, Jenner has penned (undoubtedly with oversight) yet another apology lamenting that she has “still so much to learn.” But here’s the thing. These screw-ups? They are not a matter of some tricky point of terminology or deep theory that you can only access after unlocking Queer Level 5. (Indeed, Jenner herself noted elsewhere in the Time interview that she has been “learning” for six months now—enough time to actually take in some hardcore queer theory if she wanted to!) These mistakes are basic. They are ideas and truths that any moderately compassionate, halfway curious cisgender or otherwise non-queer person could learn in a focused hour or two. That Jenner is still making statements like this as a trans woman—and again, a trans woman who came out with the support of a well-informed team rather than the typical case of struggling through the process isolated and confused—is, at this point, suspicious. Whether it is an offensive media game or a truly concerning display of ignorance, I can’t say for sure. But I am certain of one thing: I cannot take it seriously anymore.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2015/12/15/caitlyn_jenner_echoes_man_in_a_dress_stereotype_still_republican.html

Edited by millennium
  • Love 5
Moving Forward, Caitlyn Jenner Needs To Think Before She Speaks.

We've been on an up-and-down ride with Caitlyn ever since she made her debut, and it's time we get off.

by VH1 11h ago

By: Michael Arceneaux

For all intents and purposes, Caitlyn Jenner means well. However, intent does not negate impact, thus, for all the good she has done in boosting transgender visibility this year, she often leaves a bad taste in people’s mouths with the things she says. Rightfully so.

The most recent example of this is her Time magazine interview when the subject of imaging came up. Caitlyn says that seeks to “try to project a good image for this community.” Given Jenner’s career before and after her now historic reveal this year, obviously, image would matter.

Yet, she often has a habit of taking what’s important to her and mistaking that for what should matter most.

Look no further than the follow up commentary. “I think it’s much easier for a trans woman or a trans man who authentically kind of looks and plays the role.” Then came, “I try to take [my presentation] seriously. I think it puts people at ease. If you’re out there and, to be honest with you, if you look like a man in a dress, it makes people uncomfortable.”

In response to the criticism over her comments, Jenner penned an op-ed entitled “Still So Much To Learn.” In it, Jenner writes, “What I was trying to say is that our world really is still a binary one, and that people who look ‘visibly transgender’ sometimes can struggle for acceptance and may be treated poorly by others. And while this may be true, it’s also something that needs to change.”

Jenner offered an apology, but it doesn’t make me forget what she also said in that same Time interview: “I am not a spokesperson for the trans community. I am a spokesperson for my story, and that’s all I can tell. And hopefully by telling my story, I can make people think.”

Jenner, like many who take on the benefits of spokesperson but tries to steer clear of that label when something they say stirs trouble, wants to have it both ways. None of Jenner’s controversial comments made this year soil the good she has done, but they do point to what it is increasingly interesting about her. She is someone who has spent 65 years of her life as a white man, and for more than half of that, a rich and famous white man.

There is no more privileged a life so to see someone from the most privileged group on Earth go to arguably the most marginalized one is quite the transition. And Caitlyn Jenner is right in that she will continue to make mistakes along the way. Still, when she writes about the media sometimes taking her comments out of context – which she did in her apologetic, but still somewhat defensive blog post – she needs to remember that she elected to not only live out loud, but use her platform to push for change.

So, when we hear Caitlyn Jenner reinforce the very gender binaries that she says led to past troubles, she will rightfully be called out. The same goes for her appearing on Ellen DeGeneres’ daytime talk show and articulated her purported evolved but not necessarily incredibly embracing stance on marriage equality.

As DeGeneres explained to Howard Stern in an interview following Jenner’s appearance, “I said, ‘You’re wanting people to understand and accept you – this is like, really confusing to people. And you still have a judgment about gay people and marriage.’”

Moreover, when she suggested some people prefer welfare to work on her reality show, I Am Cait.

At the end of her post, Jenner writes, “I promise to keep learning, and to try to be more articulate in the future. It’s not just a matter of articulation, though. Jenner, a registered Republican, continues to often cling to her “traditionalist” views. She has to do a better change about challenging said views if she 1) wants to truly be a good example, 2) stop making so many “mistakes.”

In essence, she needs to think a lot more before she speaks.

Otherwise, this merry go round of her good intentions being spoiled by her distasteful comments will keep going.

http://www.vh1.com/news/231152/caitlyn-jenner-insensitive-remarks/

And already, the damage control machine kicks into overdrive:

Caitlyn Jenner and Diane Sawyer Re-uniting for Another In-Depth Interview

Eight months after Caitlyn Jenner, still calling herself Bruce, confessed to Diane Sawyer that she identified as a woman, the Olympic gold medalist—who has since introduced herself to the world as Caitlyn in Vanity Fair’s own pages—has agreed to re-unite with Sawyer for a follow-up interview.

The Hollywood Reporter breaks the news, adding that the second sit-down likely won’t air in April, as the first did.

While Jenner did star in a self-titled E! docu-series earlier this year, she has granted limited interviews—her most in-depth sit-downs being with Vanity Fair’s Pulitzer Prize–winning contributing editor Buzz Bissinger, which took place over the course of three months for the magazine’s explosive cover story.

During Jenner’s initial 20/20 conversation, she told Sawyer that she was in the process of transiting from male to female. “[F]or all intents and purposes, I’m a woman,” Jenner said, putting an end to years’ worth of tabloid speculation about her gender identity. “My brain is much more female than it is male. . . . It’s hard for people to understand that, but that’s what my soul is.”

Jenner also spoke about the challenges ahead of her in making her transition publicly: “It's going to be tough. I’ve been thinking about this day forever and what I should do with my life. . . . How do I tell my story? How do I tell people what I've been through?”

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/12/caitlyn-jenner-diane-sawyer-2020-interview

Just go away, you ignorant, no-class narcissist.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 4

Diane Sawyer should be ashamed of herself. The first time she was just being a journalist.  But giving a repeat platform to Jenner to allow spin control just makes Sawyer a mouthpiece. A stooge.

• Love 4

Cailtyn at the track with Kylie and Kendall? I think Kylie stinks for bailing, but at that age, I'd be mortified to be there with my lady-Daddy, while she's dressed in her white hip huggers, complete with botoxed face and plumped lips. I gotta love Kendall for her steadfast adoration of her dad, I do wonder though if at some point Kendall doesn't come out as gay or bi. Could be that is why she has been so accepting of Caitlyn. Kim, in my opinion, has her own agenda for being supportive and  "love" isn't a part of it.

This is the second time we've seen Kendall doing something dangerous. I wonder if she will get any blow back from her agents. 

Edited by iwasish

I've wondered if Kendally is gay or bi but I think that has little to do with her spending time with Caitlyn. There were prior episodes where she supported her dad when others bailed, like when Brody and Brandon threw the a Bruce on the loose party. And I think there were episodes of her and her dad doing some water sports together, etc.

Does Caitlyn ever arrange activities with her daughters away from the television cameras? You know, like real life?

Gasp! What would be the point of that?  I mean it's like the tree falling in the forest thing. If nobody SEES it, did it really happen?

• Love 2

Is anyone truly fascinating nowadays (in regards to baby walters most fascinating special).

http://www.chicagonow.com/confessions-coffeeholic/2015/12/caitlyn-jenner-not-most-fascinating-person-but-who-really-is-nowadays/

The most fascinating thing about Caitlyn Jenner is that anyone gives a shit about her anymore.

Her callous, thoughtless and self-centered commentary on the topic of being transgender have proven that her posturing as a transgender advocate/activist/champion/pioneer is a charade.   Her actions -- or rather her lack of any meaningful action on behalf of the transgender community -- expose it as a marketing gimmick and nothing more.    An attempt to bestow credibility upon an  otherwise vapid and selfish brand, at the expense of a very vulnerable segment of the population.   That Jenner would seek to exploit transgender people for her own monetary gain and notoriety strikes me as very nearly sociopathic.   That she does it under the guise of "helping" seems delusional at best, and at worst, downright evil. 

If my anger over Jenner's "man in a dress" comments ever subsides, I'll post at greater length about how it was one of the worst and most damaging things he could have said.

But I fear that these hurtful remarks from Jenner, one after another, will fall by the wayside as the momentum of celebrity carries her along, much as the death of Kim Howe has been all but paved over.   Which reminds me,  when I looked at the list of runners up for TIME's "Person of the Year," it struck me that only two of the runners up were responsible for causing deaths in 2015 -- the head of ISIS, and Caitlyn Jenner.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 9

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/caitlyn-jenner-adopts-child-becomes-mom/

Radar, Dec. 27, 2015, "EXCLUSIVE: Caitlyn Jenner Announces She’s Going To Be A Mom! Says she has ‘so much love to give’ to a child in need."

Caitlyn Jenner has shocked friends by announcing she’s planning to adopt a child in 2016! “She sees this next year as a whole new start and what better way than to set up a new family?” an insider tells RadarOnline.com.

And the 66-year-old reality star has no problem embarking on parenthood again without a partner.

“Caitlyn insists she’s perfectly secure whether she’s single or not,” said the insider. “She does miss raising kids and says she has so much love to give.”

Unfortunately, said the insider, “It’s a sensitive process, but right now she’s consulting with experts and seeing what she needs to do to get things started.”

“Ideally she would find a baby here in the States, but she’s not opposed to adopting from overseas,” continued the insider. “She’s aware it could take some time, but she definitely wants to be a mom and believes this is the right time in her life to do this.”

WTF???? Is this a joke Radar made up as clickbait? Or some shit Caitlyn is feeding to the tabloids just to keep her name in the news?

If true, it's ridiculous. Caitlyn is 67 years old. She might not live long enough to raise a child to adulthood. Not to take anything away from the thousands of elderly grandparents who are raising their grandchildren because the parents can't or won't care for them, but in those cases it's necessity. In Caitlyn's case it smells of vanity. "Look at me, I'm a new mom at 67! I was already a transgender hero, but now I deserve another award for being a heroic transgender mom!"

Besides, Caitlyn didn't do all that great a job with the children she already had; look at Kylie.

• Love 3

Hell, look at the TWO sets of kids she abandoned before these last two bio kids, and she still moved to Malibu for her own life, leaving Kendall and Kylie behind. The fact that biologically, her age is against providing long term care for a child is another strike against her. I hope this is made up crap. 

oh, forgot all that carpool time she put in...instant qualifications for parenthood.

Edited by sunsheyen
  • Love 3

Well it's just another way Caitlyn can be irresponsible, I guess. I mean forget her other baggage.  Just being 67 years old and starting on the process of child rearing is already monstrously irresponsible. Yes, she can provide financially for the kid for what's left of her life and beyond, but you have to assume she's already poking at the Ks to see who will take the kid if she dies or becomes incapacitated. Oh wait, this is the walking ego, Caitlyn Jenner. She may actually NOT be doing that on the assumption she's not going anywhere.

And you know what? I'm cynical enough to believe this is being done to provide a story arc for I Am Cait Season 2.  Seriously.

• Love 3

Just the fact that she's announced this without even starting the process yet shows it's a publicity grab. Sandra Bullock managed to adopt two children without anyone knowing about it before they were secure in their new life. And the fact that she's going to try & get a baby is ridiculous.

Edited by GaT
  • Love 5

Well it's just another way Caitlyn can be irresponsible, I guess. I mean forget her other baggage.  Just being 67 years old and starting on the process of child rearing is already monstrously irresponsible. Yes, she can provide financially for the kid for what's left of her life and beyond, but you have to assume she's already poking at the Ks to see who will take the kid if she dies or becomes incapacitated. Oh wait, this is the walking ego, Caitlyn Jenner. She may actually NOT be doing that on the assumption she's not going anywhere.

And you know what? I'm cynical enough to believe this is being done to provide a story arc for I Am Cait Season 2.  Seriously.

I suspected it's an I Am Cait storyline too.

Caitlyn has several grandchildren, including the new baby, Saint, and several toddlers. If she has so much love to give, why can't she be satisfied with being a doting grandparent? Maybe that wouldn't make her look important/unique enough, or something? It has to be Look at Me Me Me, I'm a Mom!??

• Love 2

I suppose adoption is as good of the storyline as any that removes any focus on whatever Caitlin's parts are and where she wants to share them. She doesn't seem to want to go there yet. Also as to being a mother, I've had the feeling that Caitlin's pretty blond friend has the benefit of a wealthy sugar momma for some time now.

• Love 1

Is she trying to compete with Kris's "I still carry tampons, so I must be able to get pregnant" storyline? And if it's really true, maybe she should have bothered to raise the first four of her kids and she might have been done with those urges after the 10th. I can only imagine how this news must have hit the oldest 4 she bailed on. 

No, god no, don't let this woman adopt any babies!

I could see maybe some older children, perhaps from outside the U.S. actually being better off adopted by Caitlyn (and raised by nannies, etc.), but she should not get another chance to damage and abandon more children.

I really hope this is just a publicity stunt.

Or, she could found a shelter/home for GLBT, especially T, children/teens kicked out by their families for being GLBT, and provide a safe environment for them to finish growing up, therapy, education, medical care, etc. She gets the credit and doesn't even have to pretend to be taking care of any babies.

I remember a Simpsons episode where Marge's sister wanted a baby. I recall her smoky voice saying,"I have so much love to give." I recall the episode ended with her snuggling with a pet iguana. Maybe Caitlyn can get a iguana or rescue some dogs, cats or horses. But no more children! 

Edited by Cosmic Muffin
  • Love 3

When TMZ reports it I'll believe it but not Radar. Radar is notorious for literally just making stuff up and posting random bullshit to grab attention. They've been accused a lot just in the last year along of blatant lying.

Good call, according to Gossip Cop, the story is bullshit

When TMZ reports it I'll believe it but not Radar. Radar is notorious for literally just making stuff up and posting random bullshit to grab attention. They've been accused a lot just in the last year along of blatant lying.

That and Hollywood Life. They will say the most outlandish things to pass off as a story.

Good call, according to Gossip Cop, the story is bullshit

And yet it demonstrates what a cynical, repulsive taste Caitlyn Jenner has left in the public's mouth.   It says a lot that so many considered it might be true, because that's just how fucking vain and media-obsessed this creature is.

• Love 2

Caitlyn's speaking tour has been canceled. TMZ's "sources close to Caitlyn" say she canceled due to "scheduling conflicts," but when TMZ checked with the venue, they were told there were lots of unsold tickets. So I think Caitlyn dropped the tour due to low ticket sales.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/01/07/caitlyn-jenner-speaking-tour-canceled/

"Caitlyn Jenner Quietly Cancels Speaking Tour"

1/7/2016 3:52 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

HomeCaitlyn Jenner Quietly Cancels Speaking Tour

Caitlyn Jenner Quietly Cancels Speaking Tour

1/7/2016 3:52 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

EXCLUSIVE

0107-caitlyn-jenner-tmzCaitlyn Jenner's 5-city speaking tour is over before it even gets off the ground.

The "Unique Lives and Experiences" tour was set to kick off in Toronto on February 22, but people close to Caitlyn tell TMZ ... she had scheduling conflicts, so they've pulled the plug.

We spoke to the Toronto venue and they told us there were still "a lot" of tix left for Caitlyn's speaking engagement when she backed out. Despite that, we're told it was absolutely canceled purely due to the scheduling issues.

Interestingly, Bruce's speeches used to sell out on the reg. Maybe Caitlyn should reach back for a few tips on how to fill the house.

It was different when she was Bruce. All the speaking engagements seemed themed to corporations, motivational speaking for business types. Which probably isn't going to be Cailtyn's demographic. 

How do you schedule a speaking tour and then have scheduling conflicts with it? What does she have that could conflict? A mani pedi? Some dermabrasion? A faked scene with her step kids or with her daughter who can't wait to skip out on it? A visit to Starbucks?

I mean it's not like she's in demand on talk shows or with visiting political dignitaries. Maybe she's organizing her closet and having sleepovers and pillow fights with Candis.

• Love 1

0107-caitlyn-jenner-tmz-3.jpg

Where's an airbrush when you really need one?   Who's her stylist?  Madame Tussaud?

Doesn't she get that pretending to be a twenty-something only makes it painfully apparent that she's a sixty-something pretending to be a twenty-something?  

Hey, Caitlyn, tell us again how transgender people should look authentic to make other people more comfortable.

• Love 4

How do you schedule a speaking tour and then have scheduling conflicts with it? What does she have that could conflict? A mani pedi? Some dermabrasion? A faked scene with her step kids or with her daughter who can't wait to skip out on it? A visit to Starbucks?

I mean it's not like she's in demand on talk shows or with visiting political dignitaries. Maybe she's organizing her closet and having sleepovers and pillow fights with Candis.

LOL. Those pillow fights are pretty time-consuming, don'cha know.

Where's an airbrush when you really need one?   Who's her stylist?  Madame Tussaud?

Doesn't she get that pretending to be a twenty-something only makes it painfully apparent that she's a sixty-something pretending to be a twenty-something?  

Hey, Caitlyn, tell us again how transgender people should look authentic to make other people more comfortable.

Yeah, let's hear about the authenticity and the comfort level. I'm uncomfortable looking at her bad wig and old lady cleavage. She seems to think she's Joan Collins. Joan is 82, but she can still rock the wigs, heavy makeup and sexy clothes. Caitlyn can't pull it off.

I almost don't want to make fun of this, because really even though we all know it's 100% unintended, it's interesting to see what's closer to the "real her". Still fake, but not airbrushed, I mean.

I do get that it kind of emphasizes the lie that her usual life is though. And really it's more about the words she's speaking, the disgusting fakery of what she says, rather than what she pretends to look like. Virtually every woman, born or made, at times pretends to look better than they naturally do. It's the shitty rhetoric that's the problem, as well as the screaming manipulation/pay offs of the media to glorify how glamorous and inspirational this old hag is.

• Love 2

Isn't Kim giving her style sdvice? Maybe she's passive-aggressively backing Kris by making Cait look so bad?

Or maybe Kanye is going to come out with a line for the transgendered?

I saw a cover shot of her for some magazine and the foundation on her face was an inch thick. And she still looked like crap.

Yes, we critique every K woman's looks and style choices, but after also criticizing Caitlyn for saying the stuff about being a woman is all about fashion and makeup, I feel bad criticizing her lack of style. A lot of it is just her age and decades of going without sunblock, I think, which she can't help at this point.

(Everyone else, use sunscreen! And stop smoking!)

For the bad taste part, well, that's what she has modelled all around her. This might be the best she can do when she doesn't have a team of people doing it for her.

• Love 1