Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E08: Living the Dream

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

The interaction with Charlotte, Judy, and Kelli was very uncomfortable. K and J seemed pretty tense. "They have this one moment to make a good impression." Yikes! I wonder how much pressure Charlotte puts on them about the girls. After she walked away, all I could think of was poor Ashley N. She better not re-audition next year because she's probably on Charlotte's bad list now.

Althought this last episode was choppy, I liked they spent a good amount of time with some of the events like training camp and preseason game rehearsal.

• Love 1

The interaction with Charlotte, Judy, and Kelli was very uncomfortable. K and J seemed pretty tense. "They have this one moment to make a good impression." Yikes! I wonder how much pressure Charlotte puts on them about the girls. After she walked away, all I could think of was poor Ashley N. She better not re-audition next year because she's probably on Charlotte's bad list now.

Althought this last episode was choppy, I liked they spent a good amount of time with some of the events like training camp and preseason game rehearsal.

Why would Ashley N. be on Charlotte's bad list? Because of her injury? I don't think Charlotte is unreasonable like that personally, but I might be wrong. I'm also not sure which interaction you're talking about though because I only watched the episode once days ago, so maybe I'm forgetting something.

Regardless of whether she's on anyone's bad list or not, I kind of think this will be Ashley's last year. That knee injury has just been unrelenting for her.

• Love 1

Charlotte's Daddy - Mr. Jerrah Jones and brother, totally creep me out. Whenever I see Charlotte during the selection process, my mind travels to the pics of her Dad and sibling learing lecherously at the young women(Google pics of Jerry Jones and young women). He's like a creepy, old man especially since he's had one too many facelifts. Dayum - how about aging gracefully and not behaving like a pervert?

When Lacey speaks about dancing directly in front of the family Jones, I kinda puked my mouth. Sorry to Cowboys fans out there however, the Dad and son in this wealthy family completely gross me out. The irony of them "owning" this cheerleading organization isn't lost on me. Stay away from them all ladies...run, run, run!

Having the pleasure of watching the Falcons beat the Boys in their own house, let me view the ladies up close and personal. Hubby is like...watch the game woman! Nah, he knows I'm a dancer and I love watching these talented women.

The women who stand out to me are (in no particular order)Danielle (she's the "face" of this organization along with...)Jace (the whole DCC package: talent, beauty and able to speak). Mary is a beautiful, mature looking WOMAN, Love her. Jenna: grown up and really grabbed the bull by the horns so to speak. Erica, Kinzie & Jennifer are also dynamic, fun and very beautiful.

The following vets kind of fell flat and we're disappointing. No, not everyone is perfect 24/7 but I'm a fan of the show and these performers so their lackluster game performance were a letdownto me. Angela (soon sad & bummed. She appears to have no heart in it). Jessica was cute but didn't stand out as anything more than that. Rachel appears uneven in her dancing...sometimes all out and other times going thru the motions.imo. Loren made one obvious mistake directly in front of us which did throw her off for the next few counts. Melissa is one hell of a dancer yet her body is kind of soft which is weird. Jinelle is gangly and too thin...she looks older than she surely is.

Rookies that stand out for all the right reasons include: Robin, a spitfire who shows her love of dance. Amy Is this classes "face", the camera finds her often and loves her. Simone appeared solid and is a beauty. The same goes for Kashara, Elizabeth, Jaclyn,Megan and Stephanie. These 6 rookies danced well and appear prepared and ready to engage the crowd I having a good time.

Rookies whom I never noticed were Claire, AmyL, Chantel and Raylee. No harm, no foul but nothing memorable either.

Finally my rookie disappointments. Kat. She is tiny and the field swallows her whole. I feel she's trying to be big & bold but it seems awkward. In person she is miniscule in size. I don't know how she made this team. My biggest disappointment tho.......Holly P. Her weight is the heaviest on the team..no doubt. Her body is stocky and I'm really surprised they risked her since figures such as Vivian were always cut. Yes, she is talented. Yes, she is giving it 100%. I'm noticing her for 1 reason = her size. After looking at her inability to photograph well, I'm totally uncertain why the risk was taken on her. Please don't yell at me and take this wrong (because I LOVE her dancing!)however, she has a paunch that no one else has. Her "look", especially her hair, does NOT work. Remember when Kitty said they should cut it up short and sassy? I now understand why the stylists didn't do short n sassy with her. Holly has no neck. Her head sits directly on her shoulcers so short hair wouldn't work. Long, extensioned hair would be odd on her style also...almost "draggish". I love & appreciate her talent. The DCC are exceptional in many ways and Holly was a big mistake imo.

I asked my hubby and 2 adult sons about which of the cheerleaders they liked the best....all 3 recalled Emma from week 1 (duh-lol), Kinzie, Jacie and Danielle. Well, the organization peddles sex appeal and according to the men in my family they are doing it A-OK. Women who fell into the "huh?, wtf!" Include Jinelle, Lacey (that surprised me) and Holly (she's a gymnast body).

I'm exhausted from typing and hope that I haven't offended anyone. Let me just say the the DCC are my guilty pleasure. As a dancer I'll always appreciate their God given, hard working talents. These remarks are my opinion and my observation.

Remember that Kelly and Judy always say these women are the BEST and ABOVE all the rest. Beauty, sex appeal and abilityto photograph and speak well must be a part of the mix. Let the debating begin-lol.

• Love 8

Why would Ashley N. be on Charlotte's bad list? Because of her injury? I don't think Charlotte is unreasonable like that personally, but I might be wrong. I'm also not sure which interaction you're talking about though because I only watched the episode once days ago, so maybe I'm forgetting something.

Regardless of whether she's on anyone's bad list or not, I kind of think this will be Ashley's last year. That knee injury has just been unrelenting for her.

This interaction would be when the team was rehearsing before the game, and then Charlotte showed up on the field asking them how it was going. Judy told her there was an injury so Emma was filling in. She sounded as if she was choosing her words very carefully. I don't know if Charlotte was more upset about the disruption or more concerned for Ashley. I definitely could be reading into things. 

The reason why I felt Ashley N would end up on Charlotte's bad list because of the hard time she had given Ann Lux during her interview regarding her previous season. I really thought she had it out for Ann back then. If Ashley did re-audition, would Charlotte point out to her how often she was injured and it caused such inconvenience for them in Oxnard and then the preseason game. 

I'm exhausted from typing and hope that I haven't offended anyone. Let me just say the the DCC are my guilty pleasure. As a dancer I'll always appreciate their God given, hard working talents. These remarks are my opinion and my observation..

I appreciate your insight! I will try to negotiate cowboys tickets for my birthday next year so I can see the DCC in person and of course the football game. From your assessment, it sounds like Holly and Kat may be 1 year girls. I don't think Kat planned on staying for a long time though. I think she saw this as her last chance and her dream came true. 

If you all watched last season, Melissa looked completely different tan and thinner (she had a spray tan for prelims).  I noticed that she had gained some weight when they got to finals this year.  I think she is gorgeous but maybe she is going through her Danielle-like year 2 phase where she is figuring out what works for her.

Edited by caligirl50

The women who stand out to me are (in no particular order)Danielle (she's the "face" of this organization along with...)Jace (the whole DCC package: talent, beauty and able to speak). Mary is a beautiful, mature looking WOMAN, Love her. Jenna: grown up and really grabbed the bull by the horns so to speak. Erica, Kinzie & Jennifer are also dynamic, fun and very beautiful.

The following vets kind of fell flat and we're disappointing. No, not everyone is perfect 24/7 but I'm a fan of the show and these performers so their lackluster game performance were a letdownto me. Angela (soon sad & bummed. She appears to have no heart in it). Jessica was cute but didn't stand out as anything more than that. Rachel appears uneven in her dancing...sometimes all out and other times going thru the motions.imo. Loren made one obvious mistake directly in front of us which did throw her off for the next few counts. Melissa is one hell of a dancer yet her body is kind of soft which is weird. Jinelle is gangly and too thin...she looks older than she surely is.

Rookies that stand out for all the right reasons include: Robin, a spitfire who shows her love of dance. Amy Is this classes "face", the camera finds her often and loves her. Simone appeared solid and is a beauty. The same goes for Kashara, Elizabeth, Jaclyn,Megan and Stephanie. These 6 rookies danced well and appear prepared and ready to engage the crowd I having a good time.

Rookies whom I never noticed were Claire, AmyL, Chantel and Raylee. No harm, no foul but nothing memorable either.

Finally my rookie disappointments. Kat. She is tiny and the field swallows her whole. I feel she's trying to be big & bold but it seems awkward. In person she is miniscule in size. I don't know how she made this team. My biggest disappointment tho.......Holly P. Her weight is the heaviest on the team..no doubt. Her body is stocky and I'm really surprised they risked her since figures such as Vivian were always cut. Yes, she is talented. Yes, she is giving it 100%. I'm noticing her for 1 reason = her size. After looking at her inability to photograph well, I'm totally uncertain why the risk was taken on her. Please don't yell at me and take this wrong (because I LOVE her dancing!)however, she has a paunch that no one else has. Her "look", especially her hair, does NOT work. Remember when Kitty said they should cut it up short and sassy? I now understand why the stylists didn't do short n sassy with her. Holly has no neck. Her head sits directly on her shoulcers so short hair wouldn't work. Long, extensioned hair would be odd on her style also...almost "draggish". I love & appreciate her talent. The DCC are exceptional in many ways and Holly was a big mistake imo.

I asked my hubby and 2 adult sons about which of the cheerleaders they liked the best....all 3 recalled Emma from week 1 (duh-lol), Kinzie, Jacie and Danielle. Well, the organization peddles sex appeal and according to the men in my family they are doing it A-OK. Women who fell into the "huh?, wtf!" Include Jinelle, Lacey (that surprised me) and Holly (she's a gymnast body).

I'm exhausted from typing and hope that I haven't offended anyone. Let me just say the the DCC are my guilty pleasure. As a dancer I'll always appreciate their God given, hard working talents. These remarks are my opinion and my observation.

I also attended the game (posted about it in the "current' thread), but I agree you on the girls who stood out and those who did not (although I thought Chantal was on the big screen a lot early on), so I noticed her. I hate to harp on Holly, but her hair is really awful. I actually don't think her size is as big of a problem. She thicker than the other girls, but I don't think she looks terrible in the uniform. She didn't stand out to me in a bad way because of her weight so much but because of her hair, which I think makes her look stubby. The cut and color are just terrible. I actually think the best she has looked is In the semi-finals episode when she walking to the car to go to finals. Her hair looked a bit longer, and I thought the brown was pretty on her. 

On Ashley N, I wonder if this will be her last season. She was injured at last year's Meet the Team event too. She seems injury-prone.

I agree about Holly. I love that she doesn't have the typical DCC look. She's a powerful and fun performer that I can also see being a fan fav.

Me, too. I've liked her from the first episode of the season. I just wish we could have seen more of her dancing, all their dancing, really, and less emphasis on her weight. 

• Love 1

I get that tense vibe whenever Charlotte shows up at a rehearsal or pre game rehearsal. This is why I've been thinking Kelli and Judy cut their losses with the border lines that would have previously made the team such as Taylor. I really think Charlotte gave them hell for that Breelan close up on Halloween. Lol

I guess I don't get what everyone is saying about Holly because to me she looks great in all of those pictures. I mean yeah, her hair could use some help, but I think her body looks fine. Shrug.

• Love 3

I reread my comments and they make me CRINGE. ALL the DCC are beautiful and I want to be really clear about that. I'm all about empowering women and believe that ALL NFL Cheerleaders should receive a decent salary for the hard work they do. This amount of dancing is WORK, period. Whenever Kelly or Judy state what a springboard the DCC are....I kind of die inside. Realistically, how many of these talented women survive in the entertainment industry...Melissa "reality tv princess", decent job or maybe a hubby with $$$. I know that I sound cynical yet, the Cowboys organization has always put themselves on a pedastal, above all others - "America's team" (uh, sure...whatever you say). Perhaps when they (the nfl) stop sexualizing these women and have semi-dressed men shaking their booties, I'll believe in equality of the sexes.

This is why writing about the womens appearance offends me and yet here I am, doing just that. It's a lot like watching beauty pageants which I refuse to do btw. I have to assume that each of these women understand what they are getting themselves into when they try out for any pro dance team ... whether in the NFL, NBA etc. I am writing highly critical remarks about superficial things = appearance. However, this is what the DCC organization prizes above all else...imo. The weigh in are brutal. Televising Holly's tears all the while showcasing her winning a fitness challenge is just so painful on many levels. Clearly the non-stop dancing is NOT enough. I have no doubt that when Holly made the DCC, her weight was at her personal lowest ever. Having known 2 Utah DCC's personally, I know both were always on one form of diet with warnings for kelly and Judy the norm. How will Holly possibly survive this...or want to? Watching her Sunday surrounded by her teammates, she stood out as the largest. She might be the best dancer on the field but thats not what the average male cares about. Along with the catcalls and gross suggestive taunts...I don't know why any woman would want to do this...and for virtually no pay. Your privacy is nonexistent. Ask vet Holly and Utah's Tobey how privacy involving their husbands worked out for them?

Anyway....enough with my rant. I've always danced because it's what my heart wants me to do. I danced high school, college and for a local pro team for a few years. I eventually grew out of it... around age 25. Why would any woman in her 30's even consider giving up a real career for this...Hello Kat? I was never good enough for Juilliard or Broadway but I loved to perform in front of an audience & can see these ladies do also. I was on the short side with short legs vs the long ones Kelly prefers. Fortunately my frame was slim and easily maintained especially when dancing 24/7. I would have DIED if I hadn't "met weight" while on a nat'l tv program!

We're all here because we either love dance, the DCC, were cheerleaders or simply fans of DCCMTT. I'd love to see Holly P dance thru her rookie season and beyond....as long as she wanted. Sundays game brought home to me how much she stood out...and not for any reason she'd want. Im certain she's working out like a fiend and starving to fit into that uniform. Curly Courtney became a victim of this pursuit and fortunately"left" under a shroud of mystery. Fortunately she has never looked better or healthier.

My bitching & moaning is to let everyone here understand that I'm aware of my own hypocrisy when writing of this young woman's weight. I think Holly P as well as Kat are 2 amazing women . I do NOT think either fits into the DCC mold or can maintain the skill level of dance or lean body mass to remain a DCC or become a vet. Hopefully if this is their dream, they prove me wrong.

• Love 2

I reread my comments and they make me CRINGE. ALL the DCC are beautiful and I want to be really clear about that. I'm all about empowering women and believe that ALL NFL Cheerleaders should receive a decent salary for the hard work they do. This amount of dancing is WORK, period. Whenever Kelly or Judy state what a springboard the DCC are....I kind of die inside. Realistically, how many of these talented women survive in the entertainment industry...Melissa "reality tv princess", decent job or maybe a hubby with $$$. I know that I sound cynical yet, the Cowboys organization has always put themselves on a pedastal, above all others - "America's team" (uh, sure...whatever you say). Perhaps when they (the nfl) stop sexualizing these women and have semi-dressed men shaking their booties, I'll believe in equality of the sexes.

This is why writing about the womens appearance offends me and yet here I am, doing just that. It's a lot like watching beauty pageants which I refuse to do btw. I have to assume that each of these women understand what they are getting themselves into when they try out for any pro dance team ... whether in the NFL, NBA etc. I am writing highly critical remarks about superficial things = appearance. However, this is what the DCC organization prizes above all else...imo. The weigh in are brutal. Televising Holly's tears all the while showcasing her winning a fitness challenge is just so painful on many levels. Clearly the non-stop dancing is NOT enough. I have no doubt that when Holly made the DCC, her weight was at her personal lowest ever. Having known 2 Utah DCC's personally, I know both were always on one form of diet with warnings for kelly and Judy the norm. How will Holly possibly survive this...or want to? Watching her Sunday surrounded by her teammates, she stood out as the largest. She might be the best dancer on the field but thats not what the average male cares about. Along with the catcalls and gross suggestive taunts...I don't know why any woman would want to do this...and for virtually no pay. Your privacy is nonexistent. Ask vet Holly and Utah's Tobey how privacy involving their husbands worked out for them?

Anyway....enough with my rant. I've always danced because it's what my heart wants me to do. I danced high school, college and for a local pro team for a few years. I eventually grew out of it... around age 25. Why would any woman in her 30's even consider giving up a real career for this...Hello Kat? I was never good enough for Juilliard or Broadway but I loved to perform in front of an audience & can see these ladies do also. I was on the short side with short legs vs the long ones Kelly prefers. Fortunately my frame was slim and easily maintained especially when dancing 24/7. I would have DIED if I hadn't "met weight" while on a nat'l tv program!

We're all here because we either love dance, the DCC, were cheerleaders or simply fans of DCCMTT. I'd love to see Holly P dance thru her rookie season and beyond....as long as she wanted. Sundays game brought home to me how much she stood out...and not for any reason she'd want. Im certain she's working out like a fiend and starving to fit into that uniform. Curly Courtney became a victim of this pursuit and fortunately"left" under a shroud of mystery. Fortunately she has never looked better or healthier.

My bitching & moaning is to let everyone here understand that I'm aware of my own hypocrisy when writing of this young woman's weight. I think Holly P as well as Kat are 2 amazing women . I do NOT think either fits into the DCC mold or can maintain the skill level of dance or lean body mass to remain a DCC or become a vet. Hopefully if this is their dream, they prove me wrong.

OK, lol

Oh, I think this show will definitely be back.   Fans have been harping on K&J to add things "We want to see Jay", we want to see more of the girls doing this, or that". They were given 8 segments, and stuffed them full. i found this season very meaty.

I maintain that DCCMTT being put in the 11PM slot was because viewers would watch "Gainesville" between Party Down South and MTT--it was a marketing move. 

It is interesting that one of the TV stations in Dallas is highlighting the cheerleaders now, one at a time. (Can't remember which one), but Kelsey was featured, and spoke about her change in jobs, etc---a good way to keep fans up on the girls' lives outside of DCC. I wonder if they weren't asked by the Cowboys organization to do this, because of the fans' requests.

Edited by Dopeydwarf

Since Holly does have a shorter neck, it's likely the collar that is killer the image---anything with collars, especially the bulky ones from the DCC uniforms, are going to shrink her neck into nothing really fast!

I don't understand why everyone thinks Holly is horrible?? She is only 18. She's not fat and she is a wonderful dancer. Why the body shaming? This is the kind of talk that sends these women on a downward spiral into eating disorders.

• Love 6

I don't understand why everyone thinks Holly is horrible?? She is only 18. She's not fat and she is a wonderful dancer. Why the body shaming? This is the kind of talk that sends these women on a downward spiral into eating disorders.

I agree, don't think there is anything wrong with her body and she is obviously one of the most talented dancers they have. And she's only 18. Imagine how far she can go! I just love her.

• Love 2

Hey gang! I know not everyone will agree or like every girl who tries out for the team or makes the team. If you feel someone is making you angry, please send a PM to me or one of the helper mods or send a report to the report center. I also suggest using the ignore button feature. By doing this instead of bringing up how you feel about other poster's opinions, we have a happier and smoother running forum. The mods want all of you to feel comfortable stating your opinions on here and not feel someone will attack you because you do not agree with another person's views.

I think talking about girls weights is a huge part of this show because they make it a big part: contracts, weigh-ins, cutting girls for weight, k&j talking about muffin tops, slow motion on jiggly bellies, boot camps etc etc . It is relevant to the show and the team rather than simply "fat shaming" for the sake of it.

Also to add, if the talk of weight is going to send a girl into a downward spiral into an eating disorder then obviously this isn't the team for them. There are lots of teams with much more lax views on weight.

Edited by RhiRhi
  • Love 6

I think Holly's body is fine, but her hairstyle does nothing to lengthen her neck, or to give her the appearance of extra height to lean her out. That bob length doesn't really do much for any girls that I can think of, and I thought the same about Madeleine's hair. IMO, really short (eg Jordan Baum one season) or long works well with the uniform - in between, meh for me.

When those girls have every inch of their bodies under scrutiny and the cameras can be so unforgiving, surely the "makeover gurus" can come up with something better to make the most of what Holly brings to the table!

I'm s little traumatized from this season. I'm not completely sure why. I felt so happy and satisfied at the end of season 7, 8 and especially season 9.... season 10 left me kind of exhausted and pissed off.

No part of Rookie Holly bugs me. She's 18 for goodness sakes! Let her lose her baby fat and grow out her hair. She will, and she'll be so beautiful.

I hope Ashley N recovers from her knee injury. No one wants to go out that way.

I enjoyed the above posters's real time opinions as to who stood out and who did not. Let us not forget, pom-peeps, this is a rebuilding year!

I want to see a reunion show. Hey I thought they promised that to us!

Seeping 4 retired vets for 3 seconds during a dumb fashion show was not a Reunion. Pul-eese!!!

As for a reunion and/or "where are they now" show: I think I read on this board that Judy says it would be too expensive.

Yes, that would be true if it involved sending camera crews all around the country. But really, all they would have to do is be a bit creative with all the resources they already have! There is so much file footage from all the seasons, plus tons of recent photos/videos on social media. Just using that, a creative editor could put together a then/now package for some favorites who are no longer in the area (Nicole, Brooke, Abigail, Deryn, etc.), and add some interviews for those more easily reached (Kandi, Cassie, Misty, some all-Stars, etc.). And of course, some updates on those who tried several times but didn't make it, including Kalli Fullerton (now married and working on her Ph.D) and Meagan F. (sadly, still battling leukemia). Even the girl with a million last names who tried out all the time.

Heck, I'd even like an update on the infamous Minchew sisters.

• Love 5

I think the only reason people are talking about it is because Kelli and Judy put these unrealistic standards on these young girls. Hell, I'm sure all of us think she is a beautiful, in-shape, girl, but when K/J are ripping apart girls about their weight, they make it easier for viewers to judge girls on how they look in the uniform.

• Love 1

It's the uniform that demands the girls to be thin, not just K&J. Having anything other than a perfectly flat stomach does not look attractive in those shorts. The boots also dictate a certain leg length. If they restyled the uniform and got rid of the boots, I'm sure more girls could pass when it comes to body type, but the uniform is "iconic" and I'm sure it's not going to go away.

There was one poster that said Holly's only 18 and will loose her baby fat soon. Well - I don't know about everyone else, but at 18/19 was about the thinnest I ever was w/ the least amount of effort, there was no magical loss of baby fat starting at 20 - if anything, it was the opposite and I had to start watching what I ate at that point. I actually think that's why so many returning vet DCCs struggle w/ weight - cause they reach the point in their life where they actually have to work at staying on shape for the first time, and it's very hard. I just think it will be harder for Holly going forward to fit into that uniform, not easier.

• Love 3

Yeah that was me... lol. I really meant that Holly will get into the necessary groove. Her body is used to being this size with a lot of daily dancing and whatever she's used to eating. If she really wants to stay on this team, being 18 means she has habits but is likely not dead set in her ways like a 30 year old probably would be.

Holly can and hopefully will find a balance- "I have to have my hair this long, eliminate these foods, add this much cardio," etc. In order for this life to become "natural."

Holly seems very smart and mature for her 18 years , who is used to self- discipline. I think she'll blossom in the next few years.

Otherwise. ... yes, I could eat anything at 18 and lay on the couch and not gain weight. Those days are gone.

As for a reunion and/or "where are they now" show: I think I read on this board that Judy says it would be too expensive.

Yes, that would be true if it involved sending camera crews all around the country. But really, all they would have to do is be a bit creative with all the resources they already have! There is so much file footage from all the seasons, plus tons of recent photos/videos on social media. Just using that, a creative editor could put together a then/now package for some favorites who are no longer in the area (Nicole, Brooke, Abigail, Deryn, etc.), and add some interviews for those more easily reached (Kandi, Cassie, Misty, some all-Stars, etc.). And of course, some updates on those who tried several times but didn't make it, including Kalli Fullerton (now married and working on her Ph.D) and Meagan F. (sadly, still battling leukemia). Even the girl with a million last names who tried out all the time.

Judy does not come off as very intelligent or articulate to me. I actually really dislike her more than any other of the fulltime employees. Of course it would be extremely expensive to film every single former DCC, especially those outside of Dallas, but it would be dirt cheap to send a camera crew to a few of their reunions, friends and family shows, heck, have some send Facetime type messages or Tweet. She definitely has tunnel vision and thinks the world revolves around DCC.

The show has been on 10 years, so focus on those girls. There are a few fan favorites or those who have become semi-celebs or work in entertainment, that could be interesting (Abigail Klein, Melissa Rycroft, Starr Spangler, Kristen Hager), the mother daughter duos, the sister duos, international girls. You could have a fan vote and choose a few. You know we'd have to see Cassie again, but that's a given.

As for those who didn't make it, that could be touchy. I don't think they'd hand the Minchew sisters a water hose if they were on fire, but some of the girls who were cut would be interesting to follow. 

• Love 1

Judy does not come off as very intelligent or articulate to me. I actually really dislike her more than any other of the fulltime employees. Of course it would be extremely expensive to film every single former DCC, especially those outside of Dallas, but it would be dirt cheap to send a camera crew to a few of their reunions, friends and family shows, heck, have some send Facetime type messages or Tweet. She definitely has tunnel vision and thinks the world revolves around DCC.

The show has been on 10 years, so focus on those girls. There are a few fan favorites or those who have become semi-celebs or work in entertainment, that could be interesting (Abigail Klein, Melissa Rycroft, Starr Spangler, Kristen Hager), the mother daughter duos, the sister duos, international girls. You could have a fan vote and choose a few. You know we'd have to see Cassie again, but that's a given.

As for those who didn't make it, that could be touchy. I don't think they'd hand the Minchew sisters a water hose if they were on fire, but some of the girls who were cut would be interesting to follow.

Is Kristin Hager in the entertainment business? What does she do? I know this isn't what your whole post was about, but I was surprised to see her name with the others listed, heh.

What does Kristin Hager do?

What's up with CMT locking all the episodes all of a sudden? Any my "provider" isn't even on the provider's list

Mine isn't on there either - I emailed them asking what I could do to watch them and they wrote back essentially saying "too bad, you're screwed if your provider isn't on the list" :/. I have a very popular/large provider too.

• Love 1

You're right. But I reckon that if they can manage a "DCC brides" episode, they can sort out a "where are they now" show!

The snark in me just knows a "where are they now" show actually means "where is cassie now".... so probably useless to all but diehard fans of MTT! (Maybe why the network says 'too expensive' lololol)

Edited by Pinknblue
  • Love 1

I don't know what CMT is "gaining" from locking the episodes. Heck, for Seasons 8-10 we can just watch them on YouTube.

I haven't found a single episode I've been looking for that doesn't direct you to some questionable outside site to watch it.

I haven't found a single episode I've been looking for that doesn't direct you to some questionable outside site to watch it.

I've found some. The audio tone is just lowered on them so that everyone sounds like a drag queen. It's quite entertaining actually.

I live in the UK so I can only watch MTT on Youtube.. I have to watch different episodes from different people and sometimes the whole episode has chipmunk voices.. needs must! I check to see which episode is about 36-38 mins if it says an hour it is usually a link to a dodgy site.

I'm feeling a bit at a loss now it is all over :'(

I was on vacation last week and didn't get to watch the finale till last night.  I don't have a ton to add but I appreciated hearing people's impression of the DCC from being at the game!  I always wondered who they showed a lot on the jumbotron and who was able to keep up a great performance for four hours lol. 

I felt SO bad for Ashley N...just heartbreaking when Kelli said "is it your knee?" and she was tearfully like "why does it DO that?"  Poor girl. I really think her body is telling her 'you are done."  A shame because she seems to genuinely love being a DCC and is such a fun performer. 

I honestly was a bit surprised that Simone made it but I think she is our Caila of the season.  A lot of potential and beauty but screwing up dumb stuff.  I'd like to think she will pull it together like Caila did and be excellent next year.

I like Kat, I can't help it.  I think there was a lot behind the scenes with how hard she worked... not that the other girls didn't but it seems like she had the Loni Lindsey drive.  She just posted a bunch of pictures to her FB account and there was even one with Loren where she was like "thankful to be wearing the uniform next to Loren after the hours of help she gave me."  Anyway, who knows and I agree she doesn't have the classic DCC look but I do think she will be a fan favorite and hey, good for her! Will she go more than a year? I give it two years at most.

Just so strange that poor Amy L flew through the season with NO mention or voice.  I wonder if she was a shoo in from the beginning, being such a trained dancer and BFF/family friend of Sarah Gourley Idziac.  I also really like what I've seen of CLaire and Stephanie and hate that we barely got to know them...though I Think it's funny that several people mentioned never having seen Claire before but she DID speak several times (at make overs and then when Melissa did that practice on the field with Angela). 

LOVEEEE Robin and KaShara, they are just too pretty and cute.  I stand by Holly P even if she is a stockier build.  I think she is muscular and beautiful and just a dynamic performer. I am praying she keeps developing and is there for a long time!!

Also, this was on Kat's public FB page...wow with her darker hair! I think it looks fantastic.  Why do some of these girls insist on going SO blonde?? Same with Amy Trader.  She is pretty no matter what but I loved her as a brunette. 

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10100556803503469&set=exp.10100556803583309.unitary&type=3&theater

• Love 1