Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E08: Living the Dream

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I've been reading all the comments about rookie Holly's hair and/or neck issues; I agree that her current style ages her in a way that is not flattering. It suddenly struck me that what could work for her is to go completely opposite of the "wavy long" DCC hair with a very stylized top-of-the-head high pony with a long hairpiece attached (until hers grows out). Almost a '60s go-go look. It would elongate her face/neck, be swingy as she dances and give her a fun signature look. And it would work in just about any color they wanted to make it.

But that would violate the sacred DCC rule about not letting the girls have their hair tied back, pinned back, or otherwise restrained. Apparently only loose flowing hair is sexy.

Don't forget, they get to wear their hair in a ponytail once a week during rehearsals!

But that would violate the sacred DCC rule about not letting the girls have their hair tied back, pinned back, or otherwise restrained. Apparently only loose flowing hair is sexy.

Well, there is a huge difference between pulled-back hair and essentially a cascade from the top of one's head. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=high+ponytail&espv=2&biw=1220&bih=639&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMIzd3G4PatyAIVzHc-Ch2-rQ4W#imgrc=YpK-UuK2ILwfyM%3A

Edited by Moxiejan

Eh. Personally I don't think a dated hairstyle would help Holly, plus it would look super weird with the rest of the squad having their hair down. I think Holly looks fine other than the color being a mess.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 1

Eh. Personally I don't think a dated hairstyle would help Holly, plus it would look super weird with the rest of the squad having their hair down. I think Holly looks fine other than the color being a mess.

This style is being featured in current high-fashion runway shows. The photos are recent, not retro.

Picture this Ariana Grande style on Holly:

https://www.google.com/search?q=ariana+grande+high+pony&espv=2&biw=1220&bih=639&tbm=isch&imgil=zKdpmY0w8xzaEM%253A%253BChiQcdKz67uiYM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.asos.com%25252Fwomen%25252Ffashion-news%25252F2014_08_18-mon%25252Fariana-grande-lena-dunham-best-celebrity-hair%25252F&source=iu&pf=m&fir=zKdpmY0w8xzaEM%253A%252CChiQcdKz67uiYM%252C_&usg=__ttPjeboKnS-WsTLFDifbPfpji80%3D&ved=0CC8QyjdqFQoTCKnt3f-VrsgCFUsaPgodlSUOhg&ei=LOoTVqmnJsu0-AGVy7iwCA#imgrc=_A__rmG_HZV-iM%3A&usg=__ttPjeboKnS-WsTLFDifbPfpji80%3D

Edited by Moxiejan

Yeah I mean I get what style you're talking about, but imo it still wouldn't fit in with the rest of the squad, and reality is K&J don't want one girl to have a super different style from everyone else because they see the team as a unit.

Holly's hair style is bad but I still don't think it's as terrible as Crystal Trevino's mullet her rookie year...BLECH.  And she ended up having a gorgeous style.  Fingers crossed it's the same for Holly P and we look back a fee years from now when she's point girl and go OMG, remember when Holly had terrible hair and no one thought she looked like a DCC? 

Who knows though, you just can't guess who will end up being a one and done girl.  I REALLY thought Courtney Danielle would be around for a few years, she was SOO into it, and poof, done.  I'm afraid that will be KaShara :(  I love her!

• Love 1

I think Holly hair is adorable, but the color needs to be changed. It is refreshing, imo, to have at least one or two girls without the long hair. Some of the girls would look better with a different cut/shorter hair, different style, and better hair color. Kelli and Judy can talk about how diverse the girls look, but they all look the same when it comes to hair style and coloring.

I am most ashamed to say that I listened to "Fireball" in its entirety...and I liked it.

Me too. They played it at my DD's wedding 3 weeks ago. She was surprised I knew it. I'm not a fan of today's music (prefer my classic rock)  but would not have known any of these songs if it wasn't for DCC MTT.

Edited by MrsEVH

I can't remember where on the thread I saw these continuous comments about the disparity between Angela not making show group but being a group leader.  There most definitely a reason for it! If you watched or are going to watch again the episode, a judge (unknown to me) states, "she's turned down a lot of appearances." That means she's not dedicated enough to go beyond, yet she is an excellent performer; thus, they gave her a shot at group leader.  I don't see the disparity at all.

I think they are on point, but I'm certain that as intimidating they can be it throws some of the better candidates off their game, jeopardizing their chance.

• Love 2

I like Holly's cut. I liked it best when she first entered training camp, but it isn't that bad. The color does look Arielle red, and I hope they do fix that.

She looks like she has really fine, thin, super shiny, but possibly limp hair, so really long hair is going to look stringy without a ton of extensions. 

Can anyone remind me of the candidate, or maybe it was a finalist, who received a patent for her md.  That's insane.  Very cool.  She's probably the most able to afford training camp...lol. Oh wait, because it was her senior project the school might be receiving the proceeds from the patent. Ok well that's question 1 part 2.  Does anyone know?

She looks like she has really fine, thin, super shiny, but possibly limp hair

This comment reminded me of the girl last year (maybe Erica???) who Kitty called out for not curling her hair. That infuriated me...ummm gee maybe her hair isn't curled because her hair can't hold a curl!!!

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 2

She definitely doesn't hold the patent herself -- she was part of a team that developed it, and the school gets to hold the patent. So she might be brilliant, but she's not making income in it or anything.

Back in the day, my husband was on a university research team that produced a patent for bolt that held precast concrete in place. He did receive a tuition waiver and was listed as a research assistant, but that's about it. (Not that isn't impressive, but it didn't make him millions). The university owned the patent, and I think the first check (after the patent was sold and some bolts were produced) too the university was something like $4. The lead professor received a few coins and framed them to hang in his office. 

Moral of the story: Amy T is smart and accomplished, but not making a dime from the patent she helped produce.

• Love 1

Moral of the story: Amy T is smart and accomplished, but not making a dime from the patent she helped produce.

Yeah, but of course the DCC is going to ride that "patent" trade as long as she's a DCC. In other words, we're going to hear "we've had a DCC that produced a product AND had it patented! We are so world class" forever.

• Love 2