Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E11: Sorry Not Sorry

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

True, they could cover her but not the baby. As long as their plan has maternity coverage.

She's probably on Medicaid. She made several references to her family being poor in earlier seasons so I don't get the vibe that her parents have the types of jobs that give you good health benefits.

• Love 1

True, they could cover her but not the baby. As long as their plan has maternity coverage.

Some parents take their kids off coverage when they hit a certain age or milestone. My parents were of the mind that "if you're adult enough to move out of state and put yourself through college, you can probably handle your own healthcare." And they're not particularly cool or removed parents--they just thought that if you're adult enough to do x, you should be willing to take on y and z as well. We don't have any idea what Vee's family is like besides the fact that she's close to them, so this is all speculation, of course. But I could understand the mindset that "if you're adult enough to have and care for a baby, you can do the same for yourself." And in many communities and cultures, they might expect Jo to handle everything. Sure, they're not getting married, but they've been together for like four years, and having a kid, I could see maybe expecting Jo to have his health insurance, if he has it, cover Vee.*

*Some health plans do allow this regardless of marriage status. My boyfriend of three years is on my health plan and I have no intention of getting married.

Not that I think it's wise to let your kid/grandkid go uninsured, but some parents draw the line at taking care of their adult children, especially when those adult children have children themselves.

Edited by monagatuna
  • Love 4

Yes, agree with the above.  The parents can now cover older children, but it doesn't mean they all do or want to cover for that long.  It is up to them.  Plus some people have very expensive insurance they may choose to drop their children at a certain adult age to make their policy a bit cheaper (not have to be on a family plan).

I hope Jennelle stays on the show, so Barb can stay on the show.  Barb works at Walmart and is probably living close to or below the poverty line.  Any MTV money she receives is much needed.  Maybe Jace is getting a good edit, but he seems fine to me.  Better to be with Barb than Jennelle, in my opinion.

Leah requires more attention than MTV viewers and all the men in West Virginia can give her.  She has big problems and I don't see her getting her life together anytime soon. 

The Kail/Jo child support storyline doesn't add up.  There are other factors not presented. 

• Love 4

It was posted in the Kail thread that Jo didn't go to the graduation because he didn't even know about it. Kail didn't tell him, and clams he should have just seen a sign at the school telling parents about it.

I thought she said she texted him a picture of the sign? 

• Love 2
I thought she said she texted him a picture of the sign?

She did say that. 

I watched the previews for the next episode, and Jo says that he saw a sign for a "Moving On" ceremony.  To be fair, I probably wouldn't be quite sure what that is for.  Is it for outgoing teachers, families, kids?  Is it for the older kids moving on to middle school?  I'd probably need something more clear, like "Kindergarten Graduation Ceremony." 

• Love 6

I guess we will find out more later, but if she texts a picture like that he is adult enough to ask if he doesn't understand what it means.  She isn't going to just text pictures of a sign for no reason.  If he really wants to be a parent, he has to be able to pick up on things, and ask when he doesn't understand.  I do this all of the time as a parent.  Schools often send out information that is somewhat unclear and I make it my responsibility to understand what is going on.  

As much as I like Jo more than Kail, I am not buying all of the excuses, if those are what his excuses are.  And maybe they used "moving on" because parents said they thought calling it a graduation was stupid or something... who knows?

• Love 5

For all we know, he thought that Kail was sending him a "You better give me that tuition money ASAP!" message rather than an indication that there was a graduation ceremony.  I mean how hard is it to text:  Isaac's graduation is on xyz date and starts at abc time.

• Love 3
I have to ask. How would removing Jenelle from this show, or canceling this show altogether affect Jace? Are you implying he would no longer be around for her to have a story line and be away from her since she wouldn't have an interest in him?

On the one hand, I tend to think the show is better for Jace - because it holds Jenelle accountable. He will fall through the cracks more easily if there's not an audience viewing every move. But, OTOH, I don't know if she's ever going to get him back at this point. And maybe Barb will have less to do with her if the cameras aren't there. Jace is getting older, making friends in school. It might start to get embarrassing to him before too long, especially if they're discussing his behavioral problems (like bedwetting) on air. 

I'm kinda torn, the not seeing the banner scenario makes a little more sense, how often does Jo even pick up Isaac anyway, Kail seemed pretty adement that she wanted to be the one who has Isaac during the week. Does anyone know what kind of school Isaac goes to? Is it a preschool or private school that has several different age groups? If it were me, I feel like I may not notice a banner, or stop long enough to realize it applies to my child. I don't give him a total pass because he does have some of the responsibility in keeping up with isaacs life, but I can also see Kail being passive aggressive and not being really forthcoming with info. I'm guessing even if she sent the pic of the banner no may have seen a pic from her and assumed it wasn't important... Again he does need to pay attention, but I can also imagine Kail blowing up his phone with non-important info. I wish Jo's mom would come back, I'd love to see her come to one of these things and rip into Kail.

I can give him a pass because he JUST moved there, and this being more involved stuff is likely to new to him. Like others have mentioned, he might not even have a clue that preschoolers HAVE graduation. No, it's Kail's job to make sure he knows everything, but a mature person who is interested in co-parenting would make sure. They just would. And it's the fact that she's making such a big deal about! If it's truly that big of a deal, make sure he knows. Otherwise shut it. 

• Love 5

I feel like a lot of Aubrey's daddy issues are from her Mom these days...I know Adam sucks as a father...no doubt...but Chelsea constantly bashing him and bringing him up all the time and always in a negative way can't be good for Aubrey...

Jo has something going on with his own life and future baby to come is what I'm thinking...though if there is child support issues, I can't understand why on earth Javi and Kali have to move to a bigger house...from what I understand she is doing school and not working part time...why not her work part time or go to school to where there is less daycare cost.

Jenell and Nathan...I have no idea where to begin "dude" they are both trash these days and yet another baby brought into this...

Jeremy is still hot and yes the divorce has done him well.

• Love 4

It seems like the emphasis on making every event in a child's life a Big Huge Fucking Deal is more of a Millenial thing. I'm 37 and while I remember having end of year awards ceremonies along with an eight grade graduation, I don't remember any Dads taking the day off from work to be there. It was mostly the Room Mothers and SAHM's. Despite what Kail thinks, I'm not so sure Isaac will suffer permanent damage from this, lol.

It's like Chelsea with her endless, obnoxious "who do you think is going to be at your XYZ event tonight?". Aubree probably wouldn't even care if Adam showed up or not if it weren't for her dingbat mother constantly taking attendance and keeping score.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 13

For all we know, he thought that Kail was sending him a "You better give me that tuition money ASAP!" message rather than an indication that there was a graduation ceremony. I mean how hard is it to text: Isaac's graduation is on xyz date and starts at abc time.

Agree. I'll take her word for it that she texted him a pic of the sign, but that is just so typical Kail, to send a text of a sign instead of just texting, Isaac has a graduation ceremony for his preschool next Monday at 8. I think she was hoping he'd miss it.

• Love 6

I wonder if some people don't suffer a severe allergic reaction from having to sit in the room next to her questionable hygiene and  listening to her rants. I know that I would.

10905a2702d443ba4084a625e70748d4.jpg

It's Javi!!!

No, it's Kail's job to make sure he knows everything, but a mature person who is interested in co-parenting would make sure.

Right. Isn't Kail the primary custodial parent? She is the one with all the information on Isaac's school, his schedule and all the itty bitty information that pertains to him. Kail makes damn sure not to ask Jo what his opinion is on matters pertaining to school, Isaac's hair, his health, and all the other things that affect his daily living. She just does it with no concern as to what Jo's input is on Isaac's well-being. Kail texted Jo a photo, but do I believe her? No. She is a known liar. She could just say on camera that she sent Jo a message or photo. That doesn't mean she did. This is the chick who was able to accuse Jo of DV and receive a TRO (temporary restraining order) just by her claim. She lied to Javi about leaving Lincoln in Suzi's care. She lied to Jordan. She lied to get housing. She lies, lies, lies.

I wonder if Vee has health insurance. One would assume so, especially since she's pregnant,

Obamacare. It is required.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 5
Agree. I'll take her word for it that she texted him a pic of the sign, but that is just so typical Kail, to send a text of a sign instead of just texting, Isaac has a graduation ceremony for his preschool next Monday at 8. I think she was hoping he'd miss it.

It could be that Kailyn sent Jo a pic of the "Moving On" ceremony poster on the school's door, and Jo thought it meant that Kail was telling him she was finally moving on.  From him.  Getting over him.  He probably breathed a sigh of relief. 

• Love 8

On the one hand, I tend to think the show is better for Jace - because it holds Jenelle accountable. He will fall through the cracks more easily if there's not an audience viewing every move. But, OTOH, I don't know if she's ever going to get him back at this point. And maybe Barb will have less to do with her if the cameras aren't there. Jace is getting older, making friends in school. It might start to get embarrassing to him before too long, especially if they're discussing his behavioral problems (like bedwetting) on air. 

I can give him a pass because he JUST moved there, and this being more involved stuff is likely to new to him. Like others have mentioned, he might not even have a clue that preschoolers HAVE graduation. No, it's Kail's job to make sure he knows everything, but a mature person who is interested in co-parenting would make sure. They just would. And it's the fact that she's making such a big deal about! If it's truly that big of a deal, make sure he knows. Otherwise shut it. 

I really, really hate this way of thinking.  A "mature person who is interested in co-parenting would make sure"?  Actually, it's not one co-parent's job to do the other co-parent's job for them and letting the other co-parent be responsible for their own responsibilities and choices IS the mature choice.

• Love 3

I really, really hate this way of thinking.  A "mature person who is interested in co-parenting would make sure"?  Actually, it's not one co-parent's job to do the other co-parent's job for them and letting the other co-parent be responsible for their own responsibilities and choices IS the mature choice.

I can't speak for the poster, but the way I read their opinion is, Kail has never been about co-parenting. She is all about drama and not inviting Jo to help make decisions for their son. That is immature and controlling. If she was good at co-parenting, like many other divorced/separated parents, they would inform the other parent about the normal everyday things that occur in a child's life. In this case, Kail could have called Jo and said, "Hey, I wasn't sure if you noticed the banner at Isaac's school, but they are having a special ceremony for his last day. It is on Friday at 5 p.m."  In fact, this is how it is in many households even when parents are together/married. Usually one parent is on top of what is going on at their children's school and when the other parent comes home from work, they inform them of what events are coming up at school. 

It would have been considerate of Kail to inform Jo about the ceremony. But, Kail being considerate is not in her nature. I think that is where the poster is going with their comment. Mature co-parenting entails working with the other parent. Many separated couples handle situations like this in a mature manner. I have a friend who will call or ex and remind him of an event regardless if he may already know about the date and time of such an event. She does it because she knows her ex is busy and has other things going on and he might forget. She does it out of courtesy, just like he will call her and remind her of their son's dental appointment or football game. Kail has to remember that she is doing it for her son, not Jo. Unfortunately, Kail is so demented and immature that instead of seeing it as punishing Jo, she is in fact punishing her own child.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 7

I can't speak for the poster, but the way I read their opinion is, Kail has never been about co-parenting. She is all about drama and not inviting Jo to help make decisions for their son. That is immature and controlling. If she was good at co-parenting, like many other divorced/separated parents, they would inform the other parent about the normal everyday things that occur in a child's life. In this case, Kail could have called Jo and said, "Hey, I wasn't sure if you noticed the banner at Isaac's school, but they are having a special ceremony for his last day. It is on Friday at 5 p.m."  In fact, this is how it is in many households even when parents are together/married. Usually one parent is on top of what is going on at their children's school and when the other parent comes home from work, they inform them of what events are coming up at school.

It would have been considerate of Kail to inform Jo about the ceremony. But, Kail being considerate is not in her nature. I think that is where the poster is going with their comment. Mature co-parenting entails working with the other parent. Many separated couples handle situations like this in a mature manner. I have a friend who will call or ex and remind him of an event regardless if he may already know about the date and time of such an event. She does it because she knows her ex is busy and has other things going on and he might forget. She does it out of courtesy, just like he will call her and remind her of their son's dental appointment or football game. Kail has to remember that she is doing it for her son, not Jo. Unfortunately, Kail is so demented and immature that instead of seeing it as punishing Jo, she is in fact punishing her own child

I agree. It's about Isaac.  Not Kail or Jo, but Isaac. 

I really don't think that a man who would go through the trouble of actually moving himself to another state, purchasing a house in the child's neighborhood--even at the risk of giving up a girlfriend he's had for years, would be the type of man to intentionally miss out on that child's milestone.  It just doesn't add up.

Edited by zenme
  • Love 5

I agree. It's about Isaac.  Not Kail or Jo, but Isaac. 

I really don't think that a man who would go through the trouble of actually moving himself to another state, purchasing a house in the child's neighborhood--even at the risk of giving up a girlfriend he's had for years, would be the type of man to intentionally miss out on that child's milestone.  It just doesn't add up.

Exactly. It doesn't add up.

Kail has shown plenty of times the lengths she would go to, to keep Jo away from Isaac. This is just another moment that she can add to her list of fuckery.

• Love 4

It seems like the emphasis on making every event in a child's life a Big Huge Fucking Deal is more of a Millenial thing. I'm 37 and while I remember having end of year awards ceremonies along with an eight grade graduation, I don't remember any Dads taking the day off from work to be there. It was mostly the Room Mothers and SAHM's. Despite what Kail thinks, I'm not so sure Isaac will suffer permanent damage from this, lol.

It's like Chelsea with her endless, obnoxious "who do you think is going to be at your XYZ event tonight?". Aubree probably wouldn't even care if Adam showed up or not if it weren't for her dingbat mother constantly taking attendance and keeping score.

It definitely is a millenial thing, making a big fucking deal over every minor milestone. I don't remember having any kind of graduation ceremony except my graduation from high school (which I finished 6 months early)....and I didn't even go because I didn't care and was just so happy to be done with high school, finally. I hated high school....can you tell?? ;) I celebrated after with a family dinner and then going out with friends. Got my diploma in the mail a week later and applied to community college shortly after, and later decided a tech school for medical assistant training was a better option. I did try to get into a community college program for their MA course but the dean of program rejected my application because I have visible arm tattoos (nothing offensive) and she claimed I wasn't professional enough looking. Nevermind that I could wear long sleeves and would have been perfectly happy to dye my hair a solid color had I been asked to. It was pretty much prejudicial bullshit due solely to my appearance, because my academics were on point. I graduated from tech school as one of the top 3 students in my class, and had no issues finding an externship and later a job. Unfortunately my health has been a major issue lately and gotten in the way of me working currently, but that doesn't mean my education was wasted. I miss working, honestly. Everything medical is fascinating to me. I've been considering going back, but not totally sure what for. I doubt I'd make a good nurse because of all the stress, but the administrative side could be an option....I loved my job in the medical records department of the office I worked for in West Chester GI.

• Love 5

I loved how Nathan said, "Leave me alone!" to Janelle at least twice.  My inner child enjoys seeing her favorite line being thrown back at her. I'm not sure Nathan is smart enough to realize that's what he was doing.

I wonder if Chelsea is treating Aubree the way she was treated when she went back and forth between Randilious and Lois Griffin.  I have no idea when and why they divorced, but maybe there were a lot of questions from one parent after she spent time with the other.  Randy and Lois seem to at least be civil when they are in the same place so I have no idea if there's anything in the their past that makes Chelsea crave an intact family so badly.  

My heart aches for Aleeah/Gracie.  That poor kid is so miserable.  Having a sibling with special needs can be hard on a kid.  Plus she has to put up with Leah's crap, being responsible for Addie, and the lack of structure in her life.  My dad had an older brother with special needs, and he spent a lot of his childhood taking care of him and protecting him from bullies.  Times have changed somewhat but kids can be cruel. Even though Gracie isn't always nice to Ali, I don't see her letting anyone else pick on her.  My dad's mother was not exactly nurturing and he ended up with a lot of issues.   I fear the same thing will happen to Gracie and  I really hope the time she spends with Corey and Miranda is calming for her and that she has some good female role models on Corey's side.

• Love 7

I loved how Nathan said, "Leave me alone!" to Janelle at least twice.  My inner child enjoys seeing her favorite line being thrown back at her. I'm not sure Nathan is smart enough to realize that's what he was doing.

My heart aches for Aleeah/Gracie.  That poor kid is so miserable.  Having a sibling with special needs can be hard on a kid.  Plus she has to put up with Leah's crap, being responsible for Addie, and the lack of structure in her life.  My dad had an older brother with special needs, and he spent a lot of his childhood taking care of him and protecting him from bullies.  Times have changed somewhat but kids can be cruel. Even though Gracie isn't always nice to Ali, I don't see her letting anyone else pick on her.  My dad's mother was not exactly nurturing and he ended up with a lot of issues.   I fear the same thing will happen to Gracie and  I really hope the time she spends with Corey and Miranda is calming for her and that she has some good female role models on Corey's side.

I love seeing Nathan & Jenelle each getting their karma via their relationship/break-up (except for the fact that poor Kaiser is unfortunately stuck in it).

I feel badly for Gracie, too. I think it's become apparent that she probably seen a lot & has a lot more responsibilities than any kid her age should have (at least while she is with Leah). I can't bring myself to call her evil twin or devil twin or anything because I'd act out too in her situation and I'm an adult.

• Love 1
makes Chelsea crave an intact family so badly.

I think all of these girls and the original recipe teen moms want an intact family. Badly. I think all have tried tooth and nail to make sure the dad stays with them and is hoping the baby will make the family happen. It explains why Chelsea would keep taking Adam back. I think a part of her always hoped he would realize this is his family. I'm sure being a child of divorced is semi a factor but I also think it's just the fact that Chelsea and all these girls had a baby when they were teenagers and jut assume  with wishful thinking that their boyfriend, the father will now want to be a family with them. And that's normally not the case, because there's a chance you probably won't meet your soulmate in high-school. I mean, you could, but just because you have a baby doesn't mean that your going to be an insta family right away.

• Love 1

Chelsea was always the one that surprised me because her background isn't filled with the stereotypical risk factors that preclude teen motherhood.

I think wanting a family and a good father for Aubree is normal, but I wish Chelsea would let the situation play out a little more organically as opposed to constantly campaigning for Cole. I think Aubree is a sharp kid and I can see her getting resentful after a while if Cole's positives are always mentioned in the same sentence as her father's negatives. Kids tend to be very protective of their parents, even when those parents are dirt bags like Adam.

I also think they're still in that honeymoon phase where Cole is basically a bystander who's a buddy to Aubree. When he has to step in and be the one to tell Aubree "no" or deal with one of her meltdowns while Chelsea's at work, it will be a different story.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 5

For all we know, he thought that Kail was sending him a "You better give me that tuition money ASAP!" message rather than an indication that there was a graduation ceremony.  I mean how hard is it to text:  Isaac's graduation is on xyz date and starts at abc time.

Except we know Jo drops off and picks up Issac from school, too.  Before that scene where Jo came to the house he said he was going to come over after he dropped Issac off at school.  So chances are pretty good he saw the sign up close and in person on more than one occasion.  Kail likely texted that pic to him as a reminder, which she didn't even have to do.  I actually thought it was nice of her to inform him.

• Love 2

Except we know Jo drops off and picks up Issac from school, too.  Before that scene where Jo came to the house he said he was going to come over after he dropped Issac off at school.  So chances are pretty good he saw the sign up close and in person on more than one occasion.  Kail likely texted that pic to him as a reminder, which she didn't even have to do.  I actually thought it was nice of her to inform him.

Sorry but it would not occur to me to read a sign while dropping my kid off. I also don't see why if Kail is going through the "trouble" of texting him a pic of said sign why she could just write what the event was and the date and time. Texting a pic only just seems cryptic and crazy.

• Love 3

Jo could have taken note of the sign while at the school, though I don't fault him for not doing so (I know I wouldn't have) because who really pays attention to the ten thousand construction paper signs and posters covering every wall in a preschool? Kail could have sent him an actual text, with actual words, reminding him (if she assumed he must have noticed the sign at the school) that the graduation is at this day/time. Jo could have just texted Kail back and asked what this picture is for that she's texting him, if he didn't realize what the sign was. Basically, this was just a colossal failure of communication on both of their parts and a big wakeup call to the fact that they're going to have to talk to each other, really talk, now that Jo is living in the area and can participate in things. Before there was little need to do anything because Jo wasn't around to do anything about it anyway. Those days are over, and they both need to get their acts together and keep each other in the loop at least until Isaac is old enough to think to pass information on himself.

And yes, this whole Graduation Ceremony For Moving On From Fall Semester In Fourth Grade To Spring Semester In Fourth Grade culture needs to stop, like, yesterday.

Edited by Chicken Wing
  • Love 6

What I find strange about the situation is that Isaac never mentioned the ceremony to Jo at all? I'm not talking about an exact day or time of the event. What I mean is that if Isaac never even mentioned the "Moving On" day then maybe he didn't even see it as a big deal and didn't even know that parents were attending. The whole thing is just weird. Maybe I'm an old fogey but who just texts pictures to someone with no words? Is that a thing now?

• Love 1

Except we know Jo drops off and picks up Issac from school, too. Before that scene where Jo came to the house he said he was going to come over after he dropped Issac off at school. So chances are pretty good he saw the sign up close and in person on more than one occasion. Kail likely texted that pic to him as a reminder, which she didn't even have to do. I actually thought it was nice of her to inform him.

I'll not argue with you that Jo could have taken more initiative when it comes to events at Isaac's preschool, but I disagree that Kail was being nice by texting that picture. I think it was a total Maci Bookout move. Kail wanted the credit for keeping her ex in the loop while still hoping he wouldn't show and she could sigh to her friends about what an ass he was. Just my opinion, but I think she intentionally chose to send a picture of the sign, as opposed to sending an actual message with the date and time, thinking he would be less likely to read it or understand it.

That doesn't excuse Jo- nothing was stopping him from reading the text and texting her back if he didn't understand what she was sending. Either he's lying about being unaware or he expects everyone to go out of their way to keep him apprised and that's not that impressive. But I don't believe Kail that she was truly dismayed that Jo missed the event.

• Love 3

I just don't see how Jo missing the ceremony is Kail's fault. It's Jo's fault. He is an adult.

Kail has a lot of shitty qualities, but that doesn't mean she is responsible for every single thing that goes wrong, or that she is this evil, nefarious being set to sabotage Jo at evey turn. I don't buy it.

I think it's a huge reach to blame Kail for Jo missing graduation and Jo being late for the game. Kail texted Jo a pic, which she didn't have to do, but that's somehow not good enough AND it's another example of her evilness....because she didn't type it out to him like he's a child? Sorry, that's crazy to me, and as much as my opinion on Kail has taken a turn for the worst, I don't see how sending a reminder isn't good enough just because she didn't type it out.

If she wanted Jo to miss it, why even send the pic? She reminded him, which she didn't have to do...but she DID do.

I think something else is going on with Jo, and it has nothing to do with Kail. But if Jo and Vee are stressed, I guess that's her fault, too. I just don't see Jo suddenly letting Kail have that much control over his life. If they have issues, like normal grown people do, then that's on him, and it's on him to separate that from his responsibilities to Isaac. He should have been there, stupid ceremony or not. If it were anyone else, they wouldn't get a break or have so many excuses made for them/blame put on someone else. Because it involve Kail, he gets a pass / treated like some simpering wimp who is too shaken by Karl to show up / show up on time. That's a reach IMO. Jo and Vee are not intimidated by Kail, never have been.

Edited by Scorpiosunshine
  • Love 7

I'm going to go ahead and blame Kail for the graduation for these reasons:

1) Jo may not have ever had a pre-K graduation so how can he ask about something he wouldn't know anything about?

2) Jo just moved there and had JUST started dropping Isaac off to school. Navigating pick up/drop off lanes early in the morning with a possibly cranky kid means he probably wasn't reading signs.

3) Schools send out newsletters reminding parents of these events but it usually goes to the parent with primary custody. I'm sure Jo could get added to that distribution list but he JUST moved there and it was the end of the term so he probably hadn't thought to do it yet.

4) Who sends a text of just a sign??? If someone who I had had arguments with did that to me, I would think they were trying to start a fight using a cryptic text. But even if that is not the case, he could have assumed that Kail was reminding him to drop Isaac off (or pick him up) from school.

Kali was the one with all of the information and if she wanted him there then she should have related that message in a clear way. It isn't up to Jo to be psychic or jump through hoops to find out about a "Moving On" day that he didn't even know existed.

• Love 4

If Jo didn't understand the text with the picture of the sign, I think the logical move would have been to text Kail back with a question mark or ask her what it was all about. I agree that Kail is a passive-aggressive lifesuck, but Jo can also take some initiative to make sure they're on the same page. IIRC, Jo said the reason he didn't attend was because of tension between himself and Kail/Javi, so I'm interpreting that to mean he knew there was an event going on, but he opted out.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 4

If Jo didn't understand the text with the picture of the sign, I think the logical move would have been to text Kail back with a question mark or ask her what it was all about. I agree that Kail is a passive-aggressive lifesuck, but Jo can also take some initiative to make sure they're on the same page. IIRC, Jo said the reason he didn't attend was because of tension between himself and Kail/Javi, so I'm interpreting that to mean he knew there was an event going on, but he opted out.

I think he didn't text back because he thought that she was trying to start an argument about school tuition. Kali is the one who has cultivated this bad co-parenting relationship. Not only has she started verbal altercations with him but also physically attacked him and lied to the courts saying that he did just so she could get a no contact order on him. I'm not blaming him for not engaging the crazy but I WILL blame her for playing cute and being cryptic. What if this was about something actually serious like a peanut allergy. Would it be acceptable for Kail to not relay that information with words and instead send Jo a picture of a peanut?

• Love 1

Jo can go to court and have them work out the details regarding who pays how much for the school tuition. Maybe the court would find he isn't responsible for any of it. Don't feel sorry for him one bit; he is the one refusing to let the courts take a fair look at the situation. 

• Love 5

I really would like to know why he's so afraid of letting the courts decide on the figures and where he got the idea that he might be ordered to pay thousands of dollars a month. As unnerved by the situation as he is, I would think that he took the time to thoroughly research this matter and get an estimate of what a person in his situation would likely have to pay - but where the hell did he look that told him that?

• Love 3

As a person of color, I can understand Jo's reluctance to go to court.  Dude was assaulted by Kail with Kail lying in court that he assaulted her and all she got was a slap on the wrist (anger management classes).  He probably doesn't think that he will be treated fairly.  With that said, dude needs to put on his big boy pants, contact an attorney and go to freaking court.  I am not just talking about child support either.  All of these school drop offs and pick ups are due to Kail's "kindness" because they are outside of his visitation schedule.  Rather than walk on egg shells hoping Kail won't take those few moments away from him, he needs to go to court and get everything recorded because without that he is playing with fire.

• Love 4

Jo can go to court and have them work out the details regarding who pays how much for the school tuition. Maybe the court would find he isn't responsible for any of it. Don't feel sorry for him one bit; he is the one refusing to let the courts take a fair look at the situation. 

As well as Kail. She seems to be using the child support issue as a threat and leverage. If she wants to pursue it, she can just go through the courts instead of holding it over Jo's head. She isn't obligated to hold off going to court. I am just wondering why she hasn't pursued it yet. Does anyone have any links to articles about those two going to court? I haven't come across anything. If Kail was so sure about what she could get, I think she would have done it by now.

As for the graduation ceremony topic. I am taking it to the newest episode thread with the preview clip.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 1

Jo could have taken note of the sign while at the school, though I don't fault him for not doing so (I know I wouldn't have) because who really pays attention to the ten thousand construction paper signs and posters covering every wall in a preschool? Kail could have sent him an actual text, with actual words, reminding him (if she assumed he must have noticed the sign at the school) that the graduation is at this day/time. Jo could have just texted Kail back and asked what this picture is for that she's texting him, if he didn't realize what the sign was. Basically, this was just a colossal failure of communication on both of their parts and a big wakeup call to the fact that they're going to have to talk to each other, really talk, now that Jo is living in the area and can participate in things. Before there was little need to do anything because Jo wasn't around to do anything about it anyway. Those days are over, and they both need to get their acts together and keep each other in the loop at least until Isaac is old enough to think to pass information on himself.

And yes, this whole Graduation Ceremony For Moving On From Fall Semester In Fourth Grade To Spring Semester In Fourth Grade culture needs to stop, like, yesterday.

^^^^^  THIS.

They're both at fault here.  I know we all love Jo, but he's not blameless in the graduation thing, as much as I'm sure we all wish he was.  There's also the text he sent Kail afterwards.  He clearly knew about it, since he said he didn't go because of the tension.  Had he not known about the graduation he probably would've actually SAID that.  He didn't go because he didn't want to deal with Kail and Javi.  He straight up said that in the text.  I don't understand why we're still trying to ascribe motives to him when he spelled out why exactly he didn't go.

• Love 1

^^^^^  THIS.

They're both at fault here.  I know we all love Jo, but he's not blameless in the graduation thing, as much as I'm sure we all wish he was.  There's also the text he sent Kail afterwards.  He clearly knew about it, since he said he didn't go because of the tension.  Had he not known about the graduation he probably would've actually SAID that.  He didn't go because he didn't want to deal with Kail and Javi.  He straight up said that in the text.  I don't understand why we're still trying to ascribe motives to him when he spelled out why exactly he didn't go.

I wasn't aware that he texted her about the tension with regards to the graduation but then I have to ask who caused that tension? <cough>Kail<cough>

To assume that he can't figure out the meaning or suss out the meaning of Kail texting him a picture of a sign from their child's school, is pretty insulting to his intelligence.

Jo is not an angel, as evidenced by the previews of him calling Kail names. He used to be seriously ugly to her, and while he has grown, he is not perfect and not blameless. I'm sure he gives as good as he gets. Jo is not some wimpy guy being bullied by Karl. He's just the lesser asshole these days.

For the record, I like Jo way more than I used to and Kail way less than I used to, but I don't let that blind me to common sense. If he is too dumb to ask why she texted a sign, then he is pretty dim. (Which we know isn't the case--he isn't dim and he did know about the graduation)

**FTR, I am not saying that posters w opposing views don't have commons sense; the common sense comment applies to Jo knowing what the sign means, etc**

• Love 5

I think he didn't text back because he thought that she was trying to start an argument about school tuition. Kali is the one who has cultivated this bad co-parenting relationship. Not only has she started verbal altercations with him but also physically attacked him and lied to the courts saying that he did just so she could get a no contact order on him. I'm not blaming him for not engaging the crazy but I WILL blame her for playing cute and being cryptic. What if this was about something actually serious like a peanut allergy. Would it be acceptable for Kail to not relay that information with words and instead send Jo a picture of a peanut?

It wasn't about a serious, life-threatening issue; it wasn't even a cryptic text. It was picture of a sign that every other parent understood. Why is Jo too dumb to understand the same sign? Why is it cryptic when directed toward him?

I have no doubt that Kail would tell Jo about a serious issue. I agree that she has fostered bad blood, and I so get the points made about that. That being said, she is a responsible parent who loves her child, and she wouldn't risk Isaac's life to spite Jo. I have full faith that she'd verbally relay that type of info.

**sorry for the double post**

• Love 4

Where is this information that Kail texted him a photo? Did she say somewhere that she texted him a photo?

She said in the episode that she texted him the picture of the sign that had all the info written on it.  Just like she read Jo's text that claimed he didn't go not because he didn't know about the graduation, but because he didn't like the tension between him and Kail.  Again, I know everyone hates Kail and likes Jo, but I really don't think she was the bad guy in that scenario, as much as we'd all like her to be.

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 2

Where is this information that Kail texted him a photo? Did she say somewhere that she texted him a photo?

In the last epi she told Javi she texted Jo the picture, however in the preview for tonight's epi she makes no mention of the text when arguing with Jo over why he wasn't at the graduation. With the way the MTV editing monkeys cleverly manipulate scenes, I'm not sure what the truth is.

• Love 1

In the last epi she told Javi she texted Jo the picture, however in the preview for tonight's epi she makes no mention of the text when arguing with Jo over why he wasn't at the graduation. With the way the MTV editing monkeys cleverly manipulate scenes, I'm not sure what the truth is.

Right. The preview clip shows nothing about a text being sent or Jo mentioning anything about tension between him and Kail Kong and Javi.

My opinions are based on what my ears hear and what my eyes see and in the preview clip Kail NEVER mentions the text nor does Jo ever mention any tension as a reason for missing the graduation. My opinions and views are  also based on Kail's shady history of lying.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 2