Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, xaxat said:

Has there ever been a game where so many people want both teams to lose.

Various games featuring the 2022 Denver Broncos.  And the 2022 Arizona Cardinals.  Well, no one wanted them to win, but preferred for the teams to finish the game as fast as possible

21 minutes ago, cambridgeguy said:

Given the QB, if this were Cowboys/Packers there would likely be an equal amount of disdain.

Is Rodgers as universally despised? I think he's an idiot, but I can't say I despise him like I've hated Brady since his high school days (he's local to me). 

22 minutes ago, cambridgeguy said:

Given the QB, if this were Cowboys/Packers there would likely be an equal amount of disdain.

I could hold my nose and root for the Packers if it would knock the Cowboys out of the playoffs in the first round as nature intended.  But, nope, not even to make Jerry Jones miserable can I actually bring myself to root for having to hear about Tom Fucking Brady for another week.

I literally cannot root for either team in this game, and since my desired meteor scenario shall not come to pass, I just have to decide to either skip the game and read who won tonight, or pour drinks and watch, hoping both teams play like shit and whichever one ekes out a win loses next weekend in spectacular fashion.  (I don't like the 49ers, but them I can root for - and how - against either team.)  I'm still deciding -- it will be a game-time call.

• Like 2

I strongly prefer a Tampa victory. 

1. As a Giants fan, best case scenario would be beat Philadelphia and go to Tampa for the championship game. That can’t happen if Dallas wins. 
  2. Tom Brady is more afraid of the Giants in the playoffs than the Giants are of him. 
  3. I actually have no dislike of Brady whatsoever. (See #2) But the Cowboys can lose horribly every week and I’d drink the tears of their fans while watching the highlights. 
  • Like 2

Thinking back a day or two on Al Michaels call vs Mike Tirico 24 hours later.  Of course Tirico's energy toppled Al's energy, but I do have to give him credit overall for a great career.  I can't say someone's wrong with his call in the 1980 Olympics being the best call ever.  Furthermore, I occasionally watch the games for the game, not for the announcers.

Finally, to be fair, say what you will about Tirico's call on that 98-yard TD.  It was so great.  However, in preparation for tonight's game, I tuned into a clip of an Al Michaels call featuring Tony Romo as part of a play that was an attempt to give Dallas a 23-21 lead if not final score.  Now that was exciting!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, meowmommy said:

I'll choke on it but I'm Team Brady tonight.  It's a cold day in hell but not cold enough to want Dall-ass to win.

As I've said many times, I didn't use to be a Brady fan, but when he decided to play for the Bucs, well, you can learn to like/tolerate him!! 

As a fellow "meowmommy" of 3 cats, maybe you can think of me while watching the game and it will help you stomach the game if we win!!  Speaking of cats, ours aren't too fond of football games because we're usually yelling at the Bucs as they miss catches, blocks and tackles!  Our cats run the other way when football is on.  

FWIW, if the Bucs win, they're going to need a miracle to beat San Francisco.  Just keepin' it real! 

5 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Why are the Bucs wearing white?  That’s dumb.

They wear them pretty often at home, especially when it's hot.  That's not the case tonight, but it might be a superstition kind of thing.  I don't know for sure though! 

• Useful 1

I decided to to ahead and at least have it on, and the way they both played like utter shit on their first drives cracked me up.  If they both punt all night long, I might wind up enjoying the game.

• LOL 2
6 minutes ago, Bastet said:

I decided to to ahead and at least have it on, and the way they both played like utter shit on their first drives cracked me up.

I'm not where I can watch the game, but I'm keeping up through ESPN updates. I'll have to rely on you all for the play-by-play analysis!  The Bucs looked like shit?  On Monday Night Football?  Knock me over with a feather!  C'mon, Bucs!  Pull it together! 

At this rate this game may set the NFL record for most punts ever in a playoff game.  Any players from teams in the NFC that did NOT make the playoffs that are watching this have got to be thinking are we really worse than these guys?  

4 minutes ago, Calvada said:

Any players from teams in the NFC that did NOT make the playoffs that are watching this have got to be thinking are we really worse than these guys?  

Just bad enough not to beat the teams they needed to in order to get into the playoffs.  There are several teams in the league that are mediocre at best. 

Bucs: "Cowboys, we would love for you to be annihilated by the 49ers!" *punt

Cowboys: "No, Bucs, we must insist that you be annihilated by the 49ers!" *punt

Bucs: "No, really, it would be our pleasure to give you that opportunity." *punt

The viewing audience: 😑🔫

• LOL 4
32 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Why are the Bucs wearing white?  That’s dumb.

IIRC, Dallas has been known to wear white a ton, even at home.  Belichick, a former Giants employee, knows this.  I believe he had his team wear white at home whenever the Cowboys came to visit

• Useful 1

😒

Dallas got an INT in the endzone. Yay.

Edit:

And Dak Prescott just ran in for a Dallas touchdown. Yay.

Oh & their kicker just missed another extra point. Those losers better hope it don't come back & hurt them at the end.

Edited by Magog
7 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Seems what we’ve learned so far is that the Commies are a better team than the Bucs.

And the Bucs can't play on MNF!!  Hopefully the Bucs will make a 3rd quarter (rather than 4th quarter) comeback.

I just realized that if Dallas escapes Tampa & knocks off San Francisco a day after New York knocks off Philadelphia, they'll make history.  To be more specific, hosting a conference title game in a normal year without hosting a prior game within the same postseason

14 minutes ago, mojoween said:

This is not in any way enjoyable.  Any other team doing this to Brady would be cause for a parade but this just sucks balls.

I wouldn't say that to Steelers fans.  Of course, you could since you're not a Steelers fan.  To be more specific, see Baltimore 2008-2012

11 minutes ago, Magog said:

This game is not over. 

There is still hope, but for the love, Bucs, can't you guys score some points in the first half and not wait and try to make some big comeback?  You're killing us Bucs fans!! 

Bad News : Another Cowboys touchdown.

Even Worse News: Jerry Jones being very happy.

Good News: Another missed extra point. The 4th miss tonight.

Edited by Magog
  • Like 2
40 minutes ago, Popples said:

Dallas kicker is getting cut at halftime! THREE!

Four!! WTF. Really 5 if you go back to their last game. 

At point, might as well let the punter try. Or just go for 2 every time.