Type keyword(s) to search

Green Arrow In Comics

Lantern7
  • Start Topic

Did anyone notice who read the 13th issue that they had Oliver and Roy jump out two windows to get away from from an explosion just like in the previous episode?

I am right about the previous episode aren't I? This show is just too confusing to care anymore.

• Love 1

Oh shoot I'm sorry, I know not all his decisions should've revolve around Felicity and they shouldn't. But how could Oliver not get that Felicity would react like that to him teaming up with a Pyscho like that with what he did to Thea? Oliver even insuitated about Felicitys feelings why would he think she would like him teaming with Malcolm? I don't think he wants to be alone but it sure seems he was pushing her away cause of what Tatsu said. I agree with hoping we see him fighting for being with her for the long haul. And I definitely get spending quality Time with His sis cause of just getting her back so to speak

Because I think Oliver thought that Felicity would be okay with it because it means that he'll be able to save Thea. Because Oliver has tunnel vision when it comes to keeping the people he loves safe. Oliver didn't think about the ramifications of his actions, he didn't think at all when he teamed up with Malcolm. I think he made a decision out of desperation. And Oliver tends to make really rash and hasty decisions when he's emotionally compromised (like giving himself up to Slade in episode 21). IDK I have a feeling that Oliver usually expects everyone to agree with him all the time, which is why he didn't think it would be an issue with Felicity. 

Felicity, on the other hand, has tunnel vision as well, but she's in a whole separate tunnel. She doesn't understand Oliver's reasoning because she won't let him explain, she doesn't accept that Malcolm is a necessary evil (which he may as well be. It isn't beyond the realm of possibilities that he's Oliver's only chance. I just wish that we had an episode where Oliver and TA went through all the possibilities before settling on Malcolm. But then again that wouldn't really cause any drama smh). She's thinking about the ramifications of Oliver's decisions and how it dishonors everyone he loves, and how Malcolm can't be trusted. This is why there's friction between them. 

• Love 2

Because I think Oliver thought that Felicity would be okay with it because it means that he'll be able to save Thea. Because Oliver has tunnel vision when it comes to keeping the people he loves safe. Oliver didn't think about the ramifications of his actions, he didn't think at all when he teamed up with Malcolm. I think he made a decision out of desperation. And Oliver tends to make really rash and hasty decisions when he's emotionally compromised (like giving himself up to Slade in episode 21). IDK I have a feeling that Oliver usually expects everyone to agree with him all the time, which is why he didn't think it would be an issue with Felicity. 

Felicity, on the other hand, has tunnel vision as well, but she's in a whole separate tunnel. She doesn't understand Oliver's reasoning because she won't let him explain, she doesn't accept that Malcolm is a necessary evil (which he may as well be. It isn't beyond the realm of possibilities that he's Oliver's only chance. I just wish that we had an episode where Oliver and TA went through all the possibilities before settling on Malcolm. But then again that wouldn't really cause any drama smh). She's thinking about the ramifications of Oliver's decisions and how it dishonors everyone he loves, and how Malcolm can't be trusted. This is why there's friction between them.

Yeah I understand and I wish these IIC would let these two lovebirds talk dammit lol but can't solve issues until April/May sweeps Blech

Felicity, on the other hand, has tunnel vision as well, but she's in a whole separate tunnel. She doesn't understand Oliver's reasoning because she won't let him explain, she doesn't accept that Malcolm is a necessary evil (which he may as well be. It isn't beyond the realm of possibilities that he's Oliver's only chance.

It's not only that she won't let him explain, he also hasn't even tried to. And when Felicity did voice her objection to him teaming up with Malcolm, he turned it around on her by telling her that she wasn't really angry at that, but presumably because he didn't want to jump right into a relationship. They're both being buttheads, but Oliver's had two chances now to explain himself and he hasn't taken either one.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 11

It's not only that she won't let him explain, he also hasn't even tried to. And when Felicity did voice her objection to him teaming up with Malcolm, he turned it around on her by telling her that she wasn't really angry at that, but presumably because he didn't want to jump right into a relationship. They're both being buttheads, but Oliver's had two chances now to explain himself and he hasn't taken either one.

YEP! I agree. I think 90% of the drama in Arrow stems from miscommunication which is exhausting. And I don't see them actively trying to communicate anytime soon. I think that's why it's weird. In the past, I think that they were good at communicating. Now, because for the sake of drama, their needs to be a sort of miscommunication. But I suppose I get it, emotions are high, the stakes are higher, Felicity has been through so much, Oliver has been through more... I hope they figure it out and find their way back to being friends or friendly

• Love 1
Marc Guggenheim retweeted

Janee' @CJrachelle  ·  10h 10 hours ago

@mguggenheim Thank u for 2.5's 13! It finally explained why Olicity went from friends in s2 to a date in s3☺️

Marc Guggenheim retweeted

Craig Yeung @csyeung  ·  11h 11 hours ago

Out today! Written by @mguggenheim pencils Joe Bennett Olicity Is Broken 'Arrow Season 2.5' Preview via @MTVNews

https://twitter.com/mguggenheim

Edited by tv echo

It's clear that the EPs' agenda for season 3 is to promote DC comic superheroes and to push Diggle & Felicity back into supporting roles.  This is consistent with what's happening in the DC comics universe where their characters have been dropped entirely from the reboot.

It's curious, though, that DC sent copies of the BC comics to CL if CL was only supposed to be a placeholder for the BC.  I'm speculating that perhaps DC liked CL as the BC but when the Arrow EPs decided to stick to their original plan of making Laurel the BC, DC told them to establish either Sara or Laurel as the BC, but to do it quickly because they planned to launch a solo BC comics book in 2015.  All part of their plan to drive comic book sales.

This new poll at SpoilerTV is interesting because it indicates that, at least among that site's viewers, most people were not driven by the TV shows to read the comics:

USD POLL : Did you start reading the comic books before or after the arrival of Arrow and The Flash?
Posted by DarkUFO at Thursday, February 19, 201

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/02/usd-poll-did-you-start-reading-comic.html

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I think it's just about getting the brand name recognition out there.  Oliver's nothing like the comics' Green Arrow either.  I never read the comics.  Although I had vaguely heard of the Green Arrow, I don't recall ever hearing about the Black Canary before the Arrow show.  But I'm just speculating about the rush to make Laurel the BC, after they went to so much trouble to make Sara the (Black) Canary with such a great back story and giving her the comics to read.

I really don't believe DC is actually CAPABLE of that much synergy between the comic book line, and the TV shows. DC is kind of terrible at planning anything in advance.

I think the new Black Canary book is happening because the new YA-focused Batgirl comic book is a success. And they want those readers to have a second book option. Hence same writer, and apparently they're linking the next Batgirl issue to the BC book launch.

• Love 2
This new poll at SpoilerTV is interesting because it indicates that, at least among that site's viewers, most people were not driven by the TV shows to read the comics:

USD POLL : Did you start reading the comic books before or after the arrival of Arrow and The Flash?

Posted by DarkUFO at Thursday, February 19, 201

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/02/usd-poll-did-you-start-reading-comic.html

The Yes/No sides are about equal right now at 20% each.  What's interesting is that 60% of viewers didn't read the comics and still don't.

So overall, only 20% of respondents came from reading the comics, and 80% just watched the show.

The EPs need to realize that most of the audience doesn't watch to see which comics character will be on the show next, they watch for well written stories.

• Love 6

I don't think I want to give MG my money either. I'm at the point where I think that the show should be on the verge of cancellation with bad ratings for him to get his head out of his 'colon' and actually write something decent and something that's like season 1 and 2

• Love 1
Marc Guggenheim @mguggenheim  ·  1m 1 minute ago

Exclusive Preview: Arrow Season 2.5 Chapter #14 http://www.superherohype.com/features/331815-exclusive-preview-arrow-season-2-5-chapter-14#.VPDmQN1yNHs.twitter

https://twitter.com/mguggenheim

Exclusive Preview: Arrow Season 2.5 Chapter #14

BLAIR MARNELL FEB 27, 2015

http://www.superherohype.com/features/331815-exclusive-preview-arrow-season-2-5-chapter-14#.VPDmQN1yNHs.twitter

ARROW_S2.5_14_300-003_HD.jpg

ARROW_S2.5_14_300-004_HD.jpg

ARROW_S2.5_14_300-005_HD.jpg

ARROW_S2.5_14_300-006_HD.jpg

Edited by tv echo

Didn't one of the EP's get a question somewhere along the line of "How does Oliver have money to do everything?" and respond with "Haven't you read the season 2.5 comics?" As if that is actually an answer? And even if I were considering picking the comics up, (which I'm not because if it isn't on the show it doesn't count as far as I'm concerned) that sort of attitude would turn me off completely. 

• Love 2

The whole thing about the 2.5 comics being "part" of canon and apparently mandatory reading to understand the show is that they aren't being released in a timely manner to makes sense to be used as a guide to understanding Arrow. If they are really supposed to be 2.5, then they should be released before season 3 begins. That way Im not asking questions throughout season 3 that already have answers, likewise Im not wanting/longing for scenes in s2.5 to be on my screens in s3. I would have loved to have seen s2.5 play on my screen, but if they had given them to me before even in comic book form it would make all the drama in s3 worthwhile. Instead they tease & antagonize us, in hopes that we'll be so interested or deprived that we will just jump at the opportunity to buy their comics. It makes no sense, just release the story in a chronological and/or logical order.

• Love 5

I refuse to buy 2.5 in protest of the crapfest that is season 3, but those panels look 1,000x better than anything we've seen in S3. Why on earth did they put all of the good stuff in 2.5???

I may buy 2.5 after it's finished and if it's collected in a compilation, because I'm damn sure not buying the S3 DVDs. At this rate, I may not pick up S2 either. I'll just pretend 2.5 is what actually happened. 

• Love 1

The whole thing about the 2.5 comics being "part" of canon and apparently mandatory reading to understand the show is that they aren't being released in a timely manner to makes sense to be used as a guide to understanding Arrow. If they are really supposed to be 2.5, then they should be released before season 3 begins. That way Im not asking questions throughout season 3 that already have answers, likewise Im not wanting/longing for scenes in s2.5 to be on my screens in s3. I would have loved to have seen s2.5 play on my screen, but if they had given them to me before even in comic book form it would make all the drama in s3 worthwhile. Instead they tease & antagonize us, in hopes that we'll be so interested or deprived that we will just jump at the opportunity to buy their comics. It makes no sense, just release the story in a chronological and/or logical order.

When they announced 2.5, I really thought it would be a lead up to fill the hiatus, not what it is ....it's funny bc laurel in the lair in 2.5, paired with laurel being forced on to me screen in the show, is what stopped my purchases of 2.5 in the first place. Not sure she's been back much in 2.5 but the timing was all wrong.

I would have liked to see Oliver use that gun line in the show. 

He used a simliar line in either Corto Maltese or the Flash xover, can't remember exactly which one (pretty sure it was Corto tho since he couldnt take his bow on the plane). But it was something along the lines of "just cuz I don't use a gun, doesn't mean I don't know how to shoot one". It was a pretty good line.

• Love 2

I'm laughing. The 2.5 comics leave me wanting more while the show leaves me cold and wanting it to stop already. Omg. They even had Ra's al Ghul in this week's chapter, with Sara and Nyssa in the background. WHY wasn't this s3? Whyyyyyyyyyy?

(edited)

I really liked issue 14 of the comics! I mean, the Olicity parts were a bit cheesy (I like cheese. So I'm not opposed to it), but I love how they incorporated Helena into the mix. I also love how Diggle was off doing something useful instead of being sidelined unlike the show. That and I miss Felicity's sass and strength. I mean, you can totally see (even in comic book form) that she's afraid, but she doesn't let her fear get to her. I just really liked it :p Especially Helena's bit

Now this leaves me torn. I'm bitter because the comics are actually better than what's happening on the actual show (I purchased all of the copies (1-14) after this one to read up on it), but the comics are also leaving me hopeful that Arrow can be become a good show again. Hmm

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 3
(edited)

lmao

I just noticed that Mia was randomly swapped out for Cupid in #40 in the cover (and probably the issue as well). Kreisberg is shameless.

I guess he heard his Green Arrow run was ending and had to get a Cupid plug in there somehow.

Edited by MarDelSol

Interview with the creative team behind the upcoming Black Canary book. They're really going for the exact same young women audience as Batgirl:

http://www.newsarama.com/23746-batgirl-targeted-by-the-all-new-batman-and-black-canary-joins-a-band.html

Nrama: Jim Lee and Dan (DiDio) mentioned that the success from Batgirl kind of inspired Black Canary.

Stewart: Well we, when we were first writing the first arc for Batgirl and we had Dinah in it, Brenden and I were kind of joking around about like this Brooklyn-like neighborhood, and so obviously there’s going to be bands. Well, we were like, Black Canary’s power is her voice and so she would totally be in a band, but it was a joke, but then we were like, actually that’s kind of a good idea, and so we started writing it into the series

Fletcher: Music was part of the conversation. It wasn’t something we came up with as we went along, as you’ll see from the cover of #35, it was something we came up with, like our template of what our first arc would look like, and surprisingly we got away with it and we were like, “She’s in a band!”, and we were waiting for editorial to come back and say “We like everything but Black Canary is not going to be in a band,” but everyone was okay with it and we were like “ We can let her be in a band!”

Nrama: So you meant it when you said she was going to be “more rock n’ roll,” cause she’s literally in a band.

Fletcher: There’s a reason why she is in a band though, like there’s a life long reason why. It’s not like in the story-this is not a choice she is making for the rest of her life - she’s just doing it. She’s lost her home, she’s lost everything, she doesn’t have a team to lead, her best friend is not acting like the woman she knows she is, and she’s sleeping on a couch. I mean, she’s got nothing but she’s found commodity with these people she’s hanging out with, and you’ll only see it in a few panels here, but she’s found a weird community with these people she hangs out and then she plays in a band. She’s up on stage, and then it turns out she can sing, so it’s a series of certain events that becomes an opportunity and that sort of rolls into a big finale in Batgirl #40, and that spins out into our new series.

Nrama: So Black Canary… what’s the high concept with the series other than the band?

Fletcher: Rock n’ roll road trip, in a nutshell.

Interesting quote from [DC head honcho] Dan Didio about how the comics and the TV shows relate to each other. Tl;dr: they're to be kept separate:

And in today’s “synergy” world (Hello, Arrow and Flash TV shows!), DC says they’re guided by their own compass.

“The material inspires the TV shows,” DiDio says. “The comics here, they set the tone. They don’t attract the same size audience that the shows or the movies do, and we’re aware of that. But what we do is we inspire the people who create those TV shows and movies to look at what we have and use the material that we create to fill their stories. We have to be the leaders. We can’t follow the other medium. We have to be ahead of everybody else.”

Lee sees a tangential link between the different branches of DC Comics and Warner Bros., but stresses that the tail can’t wag the dog.

“When we have a character like Black Canary rising to prominence in the Arrow TV show, rather than trying to mirror what they’re doing there, we just want to produce the best version of that character possible,” he said. “I think most fans realize there are multiple versions of anything they’re watching. I mean, the movies get rebooted, there are different actors, different origins…the idea that there’s only one version of that character has really broken down.”

Source: http://www.newsarama.com/23743-dc-to-offer-free-8-page-previews-of-all-49-relaunch-titles-canon-gets-nod-over-continuity.html

Edited by dancingnancy

DC Comics and the DCCU just seem like a giant mess. I know they don't want to copy Marvel, but why aren't they copying Marvel??! 

“When we have a character like Black Canary rising to prominence in the Arrow TV show, rather than trying to mirror what they’re doing there, we just want to produce the best version of that character possible,” he said.

Heaven forbid trying to continue something that's successful. No wonder they killed off OG Black Canary on Arrow. The entire company can't help but change what's working.

• Love 1